Stronghold 2 PC

5.7

1. Mar 12, 2014
    Ich dachte mir, ich schreib einfach mal nen deutsches Review, bin mal gespannt obs ankommt!
    Ja, Stronghold 2 ist wirklich ein Klasse Spiel. Ich hatte mir das ursprünglich nur gekauft weil es mich an Age of Empires 2 erinnert hat - welches ich geliebt hatte.
    Und ich muss auch dazu sagen, ich bin eher so der Aufbau Typ als der Zerstörer und Kriegsführende Typ, weswegen ich auch nur die Friedenskampagne und Freies Bauen gespielt hab, was einen aber beides lange beschäftigen kann, das Spiel ist also durchaus auch was für Leute die sich gerne in solchen Spielen verlieren und stundenlang einfach nur ihre Städte züchten ;)
    Im Freien Bauen-Modus lassen sich auch selbst erstelle Karten einfügen bei denen man nicht nach ein paar Stunden an die Level grenzen stößt, was leider eine Schwäche der Standardkarten ist, die sind oft sehr schnell zugebaut und dann kann man seiner Stadt nur noch träge wachsen zu sehen..
    Also am besten sich mit dem, sehr fummeligen, Karteneditor beschäftigen und seine eigenen Karten basteln, oder einfach mal Google befragen, da gibt es einige sehr schöne Seiten mit etlichen sehr gelungenen Karten.
    Der einzige wirkliche Nachteil an meiner Spielweise ist nur das man irgendwann alles hat, die Zufriedenheit der Bevölkerung dauerhaft auf 100 ist und man einfach nix mehr machen kann außer dem Alltag der Leute zuzuschauen. aber bis zum dem Punkt vergehen einige Stunden! Also jedenfalls ein Blick wert für Leute die gerne bauen und ihre Ruhe dabei haben wollen ;)
  2. Oct 27, 2011
    Stronghold 2 isnt quite as good as stronghold 1, but is still actaully a pretty good game, the graphics are good and I really enjoyed the campaign. i play the multiplayer LAN alot and I love it. Stronghold 2 is one of my favourite games and is a must-have for strategy enthusiasts.
  3. Jul 23, 2011
    If you can look past the minor bugs and glitches this game is one of the rare gems that mix warfare with economics. Not only do you have the manage resources but you must make the populace happy so they join the workforce or the military. People who shun this game know no real simulation when it is right in front of them. It isn't a 10 but surely isn't anything less than a 7.
  4. ShaneC
    Apr 21, 2005
    Excellent game.
  5. BadeaS.
    May 3, 2005
    There can be only ONE(best game),and this is it!!!!
  6. AndreasGesell
    Feb 5, 2008
    I bought this game at version 1.41, where most technical problems are resolved. So seeing it at this late point I can say without bad feelings: this game is perfect. Though the campaign is a little hard sometimes it is perfectly entertaining. The graphics are stunning, AI works fine and there were no crashes at all I while I played it, and I play it a lot. Pitty that there are so manyI bought this game at version 1.41, where most technical problems are resolved. So seeing it at this late point I can say without bad feelings: this game is perfect. Though the campaign is a little hard sometimes it is perfectly entertaining. The graphics are stunning, AI works fine and there were no crashes at all I while I played it, and I play it a lot. Pitty that there are so many disappointed customers here, I understand Stronghold 2 was quite buggy when it came out - but that over now. So download the update, grab a sword and a few catapults and go kick some medieval *%& ! Expand
  7. AlbertA.
    Mar 21, 2005
    I like the game soo much.
  8. DanishK.
    Apr 24, 2005
    It's the best RTS game i've ever played in ma LIFE .. every other RTS sux in Front of it..!! I LOVE THIS GAME!
  9. JesperK.
    Apr 26, 2005
    I haven't had any problems with crashes at all. But its true the framerates drop when there is a lot of units on screen. But i havent tried setting the detail down and that might help. This game is really nice.
  10. ChrisW.
    Mar 28, 2007
    SH2 Is a great game. I have no doubt about that.You see... When thousands of impatient people bug and bug and bug for a game to be released asap, and actually criticize the production team for taking a while, you get what happened to SH2. The game now, is virtually bug free, and most things have been fixed. Though, this took many patches. I have a great computer, 2gig ram, and an 8800 SH2 Is a great game. I have no doubt about that.You see... When thousands of impatient people bug and bug and bug for a game to be released asap, and actually criticize the production team for taking a while, you get what happened to SH2. The game now, is virtually bug free, and most things have been fixed. Though, this took many patches. I have a great computer, 2gig ram, and an 8800 video card, and SH2 is graphically flawless for me. So before you jump to blaming the game for your crappy computer, stop and think about it. And as for crashing... I don't think iv ever played a game that didn't crash at least once. Even consoles freeze. The people at Firefly did an excellent job at creating an excellent game. Expand
  11. Mr.Me
    Apr 9, 2009
    this game is a good game. their are some small bugs like the seige towers and castle estates(they actully allowed you to have two castles in Story mode but not in free play so this REALLY bugged me.) but it's still smoth on my computer. if they fixed these two bugs it would be a 10 for me.
  12. JonathanEalam
    Apr 21, 2005
    Wonderful fun, great strategy, great building, great character.
  13. Koolguyawesomness
    Nov 25, 2008
    ZOMFG WHY ARE PPL GIVING THIS GAME ONES!!!!!?????
    THIS IS THE BEST PC GAME IVE EVER PLAYED!!!!!!!
    IVE HAD IT FOR THREE YEARS AND ITS STILL ENTERTAINING IT NEVER BUGS FOR ME AND HASN'T CRASHED MORE THAN ONCE!!!!!!! PPL THAT SAY THIS IS BUGGY AND CRAPY JUST HAVE A BAD COMP THAT GLITCHES BY ITSELF OR YOU DIDNT DOWNLOAD THE RIGHT SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!! AS FOR BAD GRAPHIX YOU PROBABLY
    ZOMFG WHY ARE PPL GIVING THIS GAME ONES!!!!!?????
    THIS IS THE BEST PC GAME IVE EVER PLAYED!!!!!!!
    AS FOR BAD GRAPHIX YOU PROBABLY DIDNT EVEN LOOK AT THE GRAPHIX MENUE AND PUT STUFF ON HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CMON PPL HONESTLY, YOU REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYING AND HAVENT GIVIN THE GAME A REAL CHANCE WHEN YOU GIVE IT A 5 OR BELOW!!!!!!!!!
    (ive never accourd any type of bug exept crash and it was once!!!!)
    this is a must have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Nov 1, 2011
    This game is really amazing, I played all stronghold games, now after stronghold 3 released this game looks better and I appreciated more, everything is amazing, the graphics the sim elements and the war, previous stronghold still better but this has better multiplayer experience, you you have many buildings to choose from and you can customize your castle in any way you like, there isThis game is really amazing, I played all stronghold games, now after stronghold 3 released this game looks better and I appreciated more, everything is amazing, the graphics the sim elements and the war, previous stronghold still better but this has better multiplayer experience, you you have many buildings to choose from and you can customize your castle in any way you like, there is high replay value... The only con on this game that units are not taking space , for example you can out unlimited amount of soldier on small tower. But I recommend this game to all rts and building sim fans, also to all medieval history lovers. Expand
  15. Jul 22, 2013
    I like this game All things are good but i think this game requires more graphic than 128 or more ram memory than 512 because i have 1 gb ram and 512 graphic nvidia geforce 6200, and i set it in low graphic the game still lag
  16. Jun 22, 2015
    Spent days in the game just in "kingmaker" mode which is amazing. The community is still and people still make mod. With the 1.4 patch i have not found any glitches and or bugs.
  17. Oct 26, 2015
    i love this game great voice acting music game play in all in it and it one my fav games/ok im done it say i need 150 characters long sooooooooooooooo

The new perspective works excellently and the added buildings and units are welcome. It's a shame some of the old problems, like the unconvincing AI, are still around, but the intricate economy and unusual siege play make it stand out.
  2. Even with the painfully long load screens and the lags in the game play I still enjoy this game.
  3. A poor story, weak artificial intelligence, and plenty of bugs mar what otherwise could have been a simple yet fun castle-building game.