5.5

1. Feb 15, 2015
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
  2. Sep 13, 2014
    Well first off the campaigns are quite enjoyable although voice acting are mediocre at best. The A.I isn't a challenge unless you don't have a good grasp of strategy. There are some bugs with units and occasional saving but they shouldn't be too bothersome. I only really criticize the A.L for being weak and the bugs in the game that occasionally hamper game process in campaigns but otherWell first off the campaigns are quite enjoyable although voice acting are mediocre at best. The A.I isn't a challenge unless you don't have a good grasp of strategy. There are some bugs with units and occasional saving but they shouldn't be too bothersome. I only really criticize the A.L for being weak and the bugs in the game that occasionally hamper game process in campaigns but other than that I enjoyed free build mode and the campaigns. Expand
  3. Sep 12, 2014
    ok campaign nothing special fun if you like the genre.City building is fun and wish more games were like it i like having a lot going on and a lot of work put into things, with the fun combat if only online was balanced better.Online is great fun but some big flaws that ruin the game that never got fixed apple trees ftw.

Burning logs and flying Cows are awesome.
    Worth $50
  4. Mar 12, 2014
    Ich dachte mir, ich schreib einfach mal nen deutsches Review, bin mal gespannt obs ankommt!
    Ja, Stronghold 2 ist wirklich ein Klasse Spiel. Ich hatte mir das ursprünglich nur gekauft weil es mich an Age of Empires 2 erinnert hat - welches ich geliebt hatte.
    Und ich muss auch dazu sagen, ich bin eher so der Aufbau Typ als der Zerstörer und Kriegsführende Typ, weswegen ich auch nur die Friedenskampagne und Freies Bauen gespielt hab, was einen aber beides lange beschäftigen kann, das Spiel ist also durchaus auch was für Leute die sich gerne in solchen Spielen verlieren und stundenlang einfach nur ihre Städte züchten ;)
    Im Freien Bauen-Modus lassen sich auch selbst erstelle Karten einfügen bei denen man nicht nach ein paar Stunden an die Level grenzen stößt, was leider eine Schwäche der Standardkarten ist, die sind oft sehr schnell zugebaut und dann kann man seiner Stadt nur noch träge wachsen zu sehen..
    Also am besten sich mit dem, sehr fummeligen, Karteneditor beschäftigen und seine eigenen Karten basteln, oder einfach mal Google befragen, da gibt es einige sehr schöne Seiten mit etlichen sehr gelungenen Karten.
    Der einzige wirkliche Nachteil an meiner Spielweise ist nur das man irgendwann alles hat, die Zufriedenheit der Bevölkerung dauerhaft auf 100 ist und man einfach nix mehr machen kann außer dem Alltag der Leute zuzuschauen. aber bis zum dem Punkt vergehen einige Stunden! Also jedenfalls ein Blick wert für Leute die gerne bauen und ihre Ruhe dabei haben wollen ;)
  5. Nov 24, 2013
    Honestly I miss this game but I just got so bored of its repetitive ness and well being. Its enjoyable for a while but it never lasts long. The combat system was the best thing about it and the way you can build and have a whole army without having to require much on your computer...

Maki
  6. Jul 29, 2013
    Game management AI is hit and miss freezes even graphic quality turned down Com AI is not very stable attacking randomly predictable failures brought on by civilians Sub par voice acting.
  7. Jul 22, 2013
    I like this game All things are good but i think this game requires more graphic than 128 or more ram memory than 512 because i have 1 gb ram and 512 graphic nvidia geforce 6200, and i set it in low graphic the game still lag
  8. Jul 3, 2013
    The A.I. is retarded, and the bugs are ridiculous. Crossbows shoot faster than bowmen, a small rock from a mangonel causes an area of affect attack that sends men flying, and knights are useless on foot due to the fact they have to sheath and then redraw their sword every time they kill an enemy and move on to a new one. Just stick to the original, you cry from disappointment, despite theThe A.I. is retarded, and the bugs are ridiculous. Crossbows shoot faster than bowmen, a small rock from a mangonel causes an area of affect attack that sends men flying, and knights are useless on foot due to the fact they have to sheath and then redraw their sword every time they kill an enemy and move on to a new one. Just stick to the original, you cry from disappointment, despite the new features. Expand
  9. Dec 15, 2011
    I honestly think Stronghold 2 was a pretty good game. The main issues i had with the game is that the combat SUCKED, siege equipment is very over powered, and theres no option to put in npcs in multiplayer. Despite that the things i really liked about this was the micromanaging and the castle sim part of it. I loved watching all my peasants working around the castle doing all sorts ofI honestly think Stronghold 2 was a pretty good game. The main issues i had with the game is that the combat SUCKED, siege equipment is very over powered, and theres no option to put in npcs in multiplayer. Despite that the things i really liked about this was the micromanaging and the castle sim part of it. I loved watching all my peasants working around the castle doing all sorts of various jobs, having my servants cook a feast for my lord, and all that stuff.. i really liked it. Despite this, it still needed a lot of fixing up but still has its ups. Expand
  10. Nov 1, 2011
    This game is really amazing, I played all stronghold games, now after stronghold 3 released this game looks better and I appreciated more, everything is amazing, the graphics the sim elements and the war, previous stronghold still better but this has better multiplayer experience, you you have many buildings to choose from and you can customize your castle in any way you like, there isThis game is really amazing, I played all stronghold games, now after stronghold 3 released this game looks better and I appreciated more, everything is amazing, the graphics the sim elements and the war, previous stronghold still better but this has better multiplayer experience, you you have many buildings to choose from and you can customize your castle in any way you like, there is high replay value... The only con on this game that units are not taking space , for example you can out unlimited amount of soldier on small tower. But I recommend this game to all rts and building sim fans, also to all medieval history lovers. Expand
  11. Oct 27, 2011
    Stronghold 2 isnt quite as good as stronghold 1, but is still actaully a pretty good game, the graphics are good and I really enjoyed the campaign. i play the multiplayer LAN alot and I love it. Stronghold 2 is one of my favourite games and is a must-have for strategy enthusiasts.
  12. Aug 8, 2011
    I bought the entire collection, stronghold, stronghold crusader, crusader extreme, legends, stronghold 2 from walmart for 20 bucks, I believe playing them for a hour has actually taken a few years off my life. --- WORST RTS to exist
  13. Jul 23, 2011
    I bought it at Wal-Mart for 15$ in the bargain bin. I like it, great game, the combination of city-building and warfare is the closest to Age of Empire's. While it's not a substitute, I find the single player campaign a lot of fun, and multiplayer with my friends is great too. (Although there's not a ton of people online, there's some) The connection sometimes screws up on some games andI bought it at Wal-Mart for 15$ in the bargain bin. I like it, great game, the combination of city-building and warfare is the closest to Age of Empire's. While it's not a substitute, I find the single player campaign a lot of fun, and multiplayer with my friends is great too. (Although there's not a ton of people online, there's some) The connection sometimes screws up on some games and that makes it very annoying. i don't have this problem with other games so I figure the problem is with the game itself. Conclusion : Buy it, especially if it's in a bargain bin. :D Expand
  14. Jul 23, 2011
    If you can look past the minor bugs and glitches this game is one of the rare gems that mix warfare with economics. Not only do you have the manage resources but you must make the populace happy so they join the workforce or the military. People who shun this game know no real simulation when it is right in front of them. It isn't a 10 but surely isn't anything less than a 7.

1. The new perspective works excellently and the added buildings and units are welcome. It's a shame some of the old problems, like the unconvincing AI, are still around, but the intricate economy and unusual siege play make it stand out.
  2. Even with the painfully long load screens and the lags in the game play I still enjoy this game.
  3. A poor story, weak artificial intelligence, and plenty of bugs mar what otherwise could have been a simple yet fun castle-building game.