8.8

1. Dec 22, 2010
    Listen to the users and not the critics on this game as this is by far underrated. A great cross between an RTS game and a sim providing more realism. While the AI are fairly predictable this game can still be very challenging, especially when undergoing the crusader trail which requires you to perform certain tactics in order to establish a foothold to win that level. Designing your ownListen to the users and not the critics on this game as this is by far underrated. A great cross between an RTS game and a sim providing more realism. While the AI are fairly predictable this game can still be very challenging, especially when undergoing the crusader trail which requires you to perform certain tactics in order to establish a foothold to win that level. Designing your own map and playing it is always a lot of fun, or even better, downloading someone else's maps and playing them. Even though the game includes a huge amount of maps, there is community fourms that design many great maps for players to download and play. Extremely cheap game, any RTS player should buy it. Expand
  2. SergeyS.
    Dec 20, 2006
    The best strategy game I've ever played, given that I'm not a big strategy fan. I was pretty disappointed the first a couple of times I played it: I had no clue what was going on and was defeated withing 10 minutes. Once I got a grasp on it, though, I couldn't stop playing it. I still waste a couple of hours a month with this game even though it's 4 years old now The best strategy game I've ever played, given that I'm not a big strategy fan. I was pretty disappointed the first a couple of times I played it: I had no clue what was going on and was defeated withing 10 minutes. Once I got a grasp on it, though, I couldn't stop playing it. I still waste a couple of hours a month with this game even though it's 4 years old now (ancient, according to tech standards). Expand
    Nov 30, 2002
    A masterpiece. You can't go wrong with this one.
  4. WillA.
    Nov 30, 2002
    Great graphics, occassional humorous comments, makes this a pleasure to play.
  5. Nov 9, 2011
    I am a gamer that loves action, loves to blow **** up and to shoot some holes into my enemies...and even though being a pretty old game, i got this at my birthday this year...and its awesome...its not that hard, but due to the higher difficulty level every new mission this gets challenging pretty fast...i have to say i suck at rts,but i had so much fun just waging skirmish wars against KIsI am a gamer that loves action, loves to blow **** up and to shoot some holes into my enemies...and even though being a pretty old game, i got this at my birthday this year...and its awesome...its not that hard, but due to the higher difficulty level every new mission this gets challenging pretty fast...i have to say i suck at rts,but i had so much fun just waging skirmish wars against KIs that this game will always be a title ill have in my shelf....just waiting for me to want to play it again...just the same as rome total war and supreme commander...its not perfect by all means, but this is what i call a great video game Expand
  6. Mar 26, 2012
    This is, without a doubt, the greatest game I have ever played. I started playing it over 8 years ago, and it is the ONLY game which I have continued to play at least every few months for such a huge period. I can't really explain, but it just has this great feeling. I was really hoping stronghold 3 would be like this, but it appears they decided to remake stronghold 1. It seems fireflyThis is, without a doubt, the greatest game I have ever played. I started playing it over 8 years ago, and it is the ONLY game which I have continued to play at least every few months for such a huge period. I can't really explain, but it just has this great feeling. I was really hoping stronghold 3 would be like this, but it appears they decided to remake stronghold 1. It seems firefly accidentally stumbled into some designer fantasy magic land, and took all these wonderful ideas from there, to make this. Unfortunately, they have yet to replicate this amazing game, and I doubt they ever will. I cannot describe how strongly I recommend this game, not just to people who enjoy RTS - that should go without saying, but to EVERYONE. BUY THIS GAME.
    Don't listen to the critics, they are more concerned with sounding witty than evaluating the game, listen to the players.
    Oh, and firefly, if your there, take stronghold back to the desert where it shines. Having to fight over tiny pieces of oasis is awesome.
  7. Jul 9, 2014
    Stronghold crusader is one of the best RTS games ever. Nice graphics, epic battles and perfectly implemented castle building, conquering or defending. I agree with Mikester7, this game is little bit underrated by game critics, but you should try it and I am sure you will enjoy this awesome game. It's very cheap, I bought it on steam for 2.69€ and it totally worth!
  8. Sam
    Dec 3, 2002
    Okay, Okay, this game rules. i have over 30 pc games and this is the one, its slick, great grahics, great sound, oh yes and incredibly funny exspeshily THE RAT. all in all spend your money right on this game you'll love it cause i do!!
  9. Oct 27, 2011
    Stronghold Crusader is by far my favourite game. The graphics are old yet still work so, so well. The gameplay is abit complicated but as soon as you learn it you love it. Stronghold Crusader is a must-have for strategy gamers. There is so mayn game modes a well, will keep you occupied forever.
  10. Feb 29, 2012
    One of the best RTS combat and sim games there is, worlds superior to the 3D Strongholds in every aspect.
    Great fun teaming up with a friend to combat hordes of enemies.

You can shoot frickin dead cows at your enemies with a trebuchet and set their towns and dudes on fire.
  11. Nov 10, 2012
    The best game of the franchise and the best Siege Strategy so far ever made. This game has a skirmish mode, which is lots of fun, especially when you play with your friends. I have this game, maybe about 10 years, and I still play it quite often, it's just very addicting and fun
  12. Jul 22, 2013
    I played this game 5 years ago and i still love it and play it .This was my first strategy game that i played and i feel this game rly hard .This is my best game that i played in my life and i'll never forget a lot of hours played on it
  13. Dec 2, 2013
    i have the chance to play this game when i was a child. it was my favourite game eva ,The IA ,the music and the mechanic of popularity and taxes are the most singular characteristic.In this game you can get epic massive wars whit out needing a pc game give them a opportunities now its very cheap VERY CHEAP.
  14. Aug 29, 2011
    when 7 years ago i played this,the first best game i played,i play a whole afternoon when i first play it ,hope stronghold 3 will be like this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. RyanT.
    Aug 4, 2003
    Great game!! if anyone can find any cheats for Stronghold:CRUSADERS for money or something please send them to me, thank you.
  16. BenjoS.
    Mar 21, 2003
    Interesting I Love it!!!!! The characters are really 3D based.
  17. BenM.
    Apr 1, 2004
    Great game!!!!!! The best I've played in years.
  18. IanB.
    Apr 17, 2003
    Although the game is great i do think that the development team have been very lazy as it differs only slightly from the original. I hope when i buy the next one i get my moneys worth!
  19. JamesSilence
    Jan 28, 2004
    Even though the single player missions have no plot holding them together, the overall variety and intensity of the game makes up for the loss. The inclusion of new units is a plus as well.
  20. C.G.
    Aug 29, 2004
    Brilliant!! best pc game i ever played (despite the fact it is the only pc game i ever played!!)
  21. ChrisC.
    Sep 11, 2006
    It was a good game, but here and there are a little things that don't, lets say, seem ok, like if your on a hill that is over looking someone, you cant build moats on that hill, and in the crusades, there were plenty of castles on hills that had moats, besides that, this game was awsome!
  22. SashaP.
    Mar 29, 2003
    I like it, but I wish they made the same templates (err i mean the land temlates in editing) from the original compatible with crusaders. Deserts end somewhere.lol. I know it was geared toward historical battle and all that but still. I like making maps but hate the new editor. it reminds of the total annihilation kingdoms when they came out with the plague. new templates werent I like it, but I wish they made the same templates (err i mean the land temlates in editing) from the original compatible with crusaders. Deserts end somewhere.lol. I know it was geared toward historical battle and all that but still. I like making maps but hate the new editor. it reminds of the total annihilation kingdoms when they came out with the plague. new templates werent compatible with the original tak. But there proggies to be able to use them. Think someone will make them? I hope so.lol. Anyways, great game. Expand
  23. Theredone
    Apr 21, 2003
    This game is capable of keeping you entertained for hours if played with the right people. Campaigns are increasingly difficult yet not impossible while maintaining a high level of fun.
  24. DucVolpeWolf
    Aug 13, 2004
    This game hasn't been very changed since stronghold numba 1, but the little twist is arabs.when you don't want make armour and bows, then you'll always have the arabs.this and c&c:generals and starcraft are three of the best strategy games ever i rest my case!
  25. Sep 9, 2015
    Fair Review from someone with 20+ gaming years expirience.

(This game is an absolute Classic strategy game, one of the best Ever made, Especially multiplayer wise)
    Multiplayer gameplay could rival Starcraft. Released in 2002, it is still a fun game to play in the Year 2015.
  26. Feb 28, 2015
    Stronghold Crusader is my favourite RTS game. I first played it since 7 years ago and bought the steam version recently. It was one of the best and most addicting game I played back then. The game is quite simple when you get the hang of it. Stronghold Crusader mixes castle building, RTS, and resource management. The soundtrack fits the theme very well. The campaign will teach you most ofStronghold Crusader is my favourite RTS game. I first played it since 7 years ago and bought the steam version recently. It was one of the best and most addicting game I played back then. The game is quite simple when you get the hang of it. Stronghold Crusader mixes castle building, RTS, and resource management. The soundtrack fits the theme very well. The campaign will teach you most of the things from resource gathering, building and defending your castle, to siegeing the enemy and defending your castle. The AI for Stronghold Crusader is excellent, different AI lords will have different strategies and difficulties. Each AI has different castle builds and different troop choice. You can choose using Arab or European troops or even all together. The gameplay is still great till this day, event though the game was from 2001. And I really like the HD addiction of the game, the max resolution used to be 1024x768 and after the HD addition you can play with almost any resolution. Stronghold Crusader is a must have for RTS players, overall 10/10. Expand
  27. Jul 8, 2014
    I saw a lot of strategic games, but this is the ONLY one that satisfy my pleasure and I see it as a true challenge that also link with history. For a 2000 era game, the graphics are outstanding and there is a lot of content and variety of features to try.
  28. Jan 9, 2015
    Amazing game. It has very bad graphics but the gameplay is probably best I have seen. Economics, Diplomacy, War - this game has everything Considering the date of its release, this has to be the best RTS game ever. Sure there might be better games recently released, but considering the game was released 13 years ago, it feels impossible - how did they do it?
  29. Dec 27, 2015

1. Game Informer
    When you use a trebuchet (an enormous catapult) to launch a diseased cow over an enemy's walls and watch his population drop like flies, you can't help but get that warm fuzzy "I love this game" feeling. [Dec 2002, p.149]
  2. Basically, Crusader is just Stronghold but browner, and whether you like it or not will probably have a lot to do with whether you played Stronghold and how much you liked it.
  3. It looks wonderful, plays like a dream and deserves a place in the games collection of any self-respecting strategy fan immediately.