Sudden Strike Forever PC

8.9

1. Apr 4, 2015
    Classic, one of my favorite games ever, and still holds up. Very realistic and deep on so many levels. Play with your friends on lan or online with Tunngle
  2. Sep 13, 2016
    Still not played anything even remotely like it - way ahead of its time and unique to this day. The gameplay is as satisfying as it is unforgiving. The smallest tactical variables can completely change the outcome of a skirmish.
  3. CharlesW.
    Apr 20, 2002
    Very hard to do even if you know what you ae supposed to do.
  4. AttilaM.
    May 1, 2002
    Excellent!
  5. BurtM.
    Jul 8, 2002
    The game is excellent, graphics are awsome. I think it's great that your not looking at black screen beyond your troops line of sight. Only one small complaint, I don't think the enemies artillary should be that accurate while advances on their position, in real life in world war II artillary was highly unaccurate.
  6. Paolo
    Oct 7, 2003
    I've never seen anything like this. Go on.
  7. ScottH.
    Oct 19, 2001
    Excellent, I stayed home from work the first day I got this and I passed the German missions. P.S. They are my favorite.
  8. SalehS.
    Dec 7, 2001
    Is the best ever made on World War.
  9. Tripple
    Nov 17, 2002
    Best RTS game ever!!
  10. William
    Nov 3, 2002
    Coming from a war vet, game is fantastic. Callenging, and the editor is great. Nothing like creating some of those true to life campains that ole Grandpa had fought in. One thing, wish the editor for units was a little more simple, but I'll get the hang of it. Great job fellas!!
  11. TobiasB.
    May 2, 2002
    Fantastic, never played a game like it. Can't wait for Sudden Strike 2.
  12. PrimozM.
    May 3, 2002
    The game is the beast !!
  13. LinS.
    Jun 14, 2002
    The most realistic and fun war game I have ever played.
  14. Eriksd
    May 10, 2003
    Het is een erg cool spel met de echte authentieke units. De graphics zijn een redelijk, maar de soldaten zijn niet om aan te zien. Bovendien: ijzersterke gameplay.
  15. AliihsanI.
    Sep 7, 2003
    This is the wonderful game i have ever played!!!
  16. AndreyC.
    Nov 20, 2001
    Better than DUNE EMPEROR or TIBERIAN SUN.
  17. JakobI.P.
    Nov 7, 2001
    This game contains a lot of realistic scenes in combat with a lot of action.
  18. PavelG.
    Jan 23, 2002
    This is the only RTS, where you realy care about every unit. This is the only game, where you realy have to think!
  19. ThomasS.
    Jan 30, 2002
    The best wartime strategy game I've come by. It repays you for thinking with beauty and finesse.
  20. MutluA.
    Mar 31, 2002
    Ýt is the must realistic game I've ever seen; furthermore, it is entertaining.
  21. RamselC.
    Apr 22, 2002
    It's great!!!
  22. GeneralR.
    Jun 1, 2002
    One of the best games ever. Ones that are even close to it are Close Combat 2 and 3.
  23. RichardY.
    Jun 19, 2002
    War is blowing things up! not planting farms or mining. Blowing things up the BEST way is what this games about.
  24. JamieM.
    Aug 19, 2002
    It is brilliant but because i am new to sudden strike forever i cant find the editor.
  25. OskarA.
    Nov 20, 2001
    The most simulated game that I have played. Can destroy evrything. Never saw a game like this. Good Work FireGlow Games.
  26. JhonM.
    Dec 17, 2001
    Good graphics although missions r quite hard.
  27. SterlingH.
    Feb 11, 2002
    This game at first was not very realistic, but now I've added Realwarfare 4.0 and it is very realistic. It is very challenging and is fun. I recommend this game for anybody into strategy or WWII games. I can't wait for Sudden Strike II.
  28. ChadH.
    Apr 23, 2002
    Very realistic, and very strategic. Really good game.
    Aug 19, 2002
    Best game i've played so far.
  30. RaiR.
    Oct 19, 2003
    This is the kind of game i was looking for. I just love the D Day mission.
  31. AndersR.
    Jul 23, 2003
    Superb! realistic - a perfect game for a former soldier.
  32. DanL.
    Nov 11, 2001
    I have never played a game that requires as much thought and skill as this one. The detail is outstanding and it's a must-have game for any real time strategy enthusiast.
  33. AdnanP.
    Dec 21, 2001
    The best RTS game so far. Awesome graphics, details, realistic, etc.
  34. ArthurG.
    Dec 24, 2001
    Probably the best strategy game ever of which you would never get bored of playing online.
  35. Feb 9, 2017
    Still today I didn't find a game providing such a gratifying multiplayer experience.

I'm taking about SSF as a whole, not the expansion by itself. Multiplayer, up to 6vs6, functions like a Chess Game. Every player receives the same Power Force. The objective is to control Flags. Once controlled, those are consumed by the team and will turn into fixed reinforcements. The other team

I'm taking about SSF as a whole, not the expansion by itself.

The other team still has the opportunity to recapture those flags and get the exact same reinforcements.

You get it: limited troops. Capture the flags to get reinforcements. Once a troop is dead, it's dead. If you suck on the battlefield you loose. No "base management" will save you. Only your choices as a commander, your ability to carefully deploy your defenses. Your ability to guess what the other players do will make you victorious or not.

With such gameplay element, the need of making very wise strategic decision is absolute. When playing with experienced players, there is no other Video Game experience as great as winning in SSF.

It is in fact the only game, extremely well balanced, where the victory is exclusively obtained by the strategy used on the terrain. No base management, no distraction, nothing except carefully planning, attacking, deploying, defending, converting, redeploying, teamwork, assault, counterassault, bullet management, key terrain control and so on... And all this while NEVER being overwhelming.

Mark this: if you are a good strategist, even if you never played the game, you'll make the difference with a veteran with poor strategic thinking. And I NEVER saw a game rewarding strategy over experience...

All of this is what makes this game one of the best RTS ever created. If not THE best. And it's not that I don't like or that I suck at RTS with bases and construction. In fact my second favorite game is one of the most hardcore, perfectly mixing base management and strategy glorification: Supreme Commander Forged Alliance.

I have so high expectations from Sudden Strike 4...

1. But once you've completed the new missions you'll be looking for further challenges - this is where the online features come in.
    Polished and challenging, and the inclusion of the mission editor, new multiplayer options, and the new campaign for the British (which is quite good) make the tribulations well worth the trouble.
    The missions are a wee bit tough, but nothing a veteran player can't handle. This game is realistic enough to satisfy the wargamers among us, and exciting enough to satisfy the most jaded real-time strategy gamer.