SunAge PC

7.9

1. PatrickS
    Feb 14, 2008
    Saw a lot of very good reviews and I have to say its great what this team with so low budget brought up.this title is so special and deserves a lot of respect!! I'm talking about sunage .this team has the power to shake the game industry to its core!!!!
  2. MartinH
    Feb 4, 2008
    IMHO those reviews completely missed the point! SunAge is great fun, even after weeks! The graphics are slick, the huge battles are breath-taking! This game will go places!
  3. Jan 16, 2016
    I gave this game a fair chance, and it started off good: the isometric graphics are obviously glorious, the story is simple but engaging enough, voice acting is okay, I even liked the the half-baked comic cutscenes where the main character looks like a different person in every panel.

But the game itself is almost unplayable: the first thing I noticed is the strange unit selection scheme. Drawing a rectangle across the screen should select all units inside the rectangle, right? No, that is for putting units into squads, but only units of the same type, except for commander units. It doesn't add anything to the gameplay, it just makes things more complicated.
    Then I noticed the units horrible pathfinding. If there is any obstacle between them and their destination, or a tight corridor, they'll go somewhere completely different, or take a step back, or refuse to move at all. This is especially awful if you take into account that in this game, bases are tightly built clusters of buildings, literally touching each other, or they don't have power. My units also ignored attack commands regularly and didn't pursue enemies. Sometimes they stop just ahead of their target and take fire until they are dispatched.

I had reasonably high hopes for this game, but it's a complete disappointment. The most amazing thing is that even though it came out in 2008, there are still patches coming out for it. The devs apparently care about their game, so why haven't they fixed these glaring issues yet, or given up entirely?

TLDR: Don't buy this!
  4. Jun 29, 2014
    Terrible game. It's buggy, unintuitive, has unfriendly AI, and overall a complete waste of time. It insulted my intelligence to play this game. This is a pure CASH GRAB, do not buy.

1. Considering the game isn’t just dated but contains more bugs than MI5 (and we had the latest 1.05 version to review, so Christ knows what the unpatched code is like), not to mention the fact that this is the time of year when games aren’t going to sell because they’re merely very good instead of excellent, SunAge never stood a chance.
  2. AceGamez
    This is a product developed as a labour of love for over a decade, with the core aim of bringing the RTS genre back to its roots, away from the glitz and glamour of 3D graphics and tacked-on RPG elements its creators claim have watered down the genre. Instead however, we end up with a half-finished product, brought to its knees by game-breaking bugs and the absence of key gameplay modes, which ends up looking considerably better than it plays.
  3. PC Gamer UK