8.4

1. Nov 28, 2012
    Super addictive, really hard, awesome music, controls are fine if you use a control pad guy giving it a bad rating is a just a scrub who cant get past 3 seconds.
  2. Apr 28, 2013
    This game is amazing. I'm not even sure if words exist to describe how amazing this game is. Nowadays, most modern games are extremely graphics-intensive, have a detailed plot, dozens of controls to do whatever you want, and they still can be awful. In Super Hexagon, you a triangle rotating around a hexagon while dodging lines. And it's far better than any Call of Duty, Halo, etc, could ever be.
  3. May 29, 2013
    Superb and very addictive game don't heed the people whining about the controls, the difficulty is what makes this game, it doesn't need to be easier. I've completed every level several times using the arrow keys and I consider myself to be generally bad at games like this. It did take me about 26 hours though, the key to Super Hexagon is practice. Practice a lot and take frequent breaksSuperb and very addictive game don't heed the people whining about the controls, the difficulty is what makes this game, it doesn't need to be easier. I've completed every level several times using the arrow keys and I consider myself to be generally bad at games like this. It did take me about 26 hours though, the key to Super Hexagon is practice. Practice a lot and take frequent breaks especially when you start getting mega-annoyed because you don't get anywhere like that.

Superb game and for £2 I can't recommend it enough.
  4. Jun 18, 2013
    Super Hexagon is a superb, challenging, minimal game by Terry Cavanagh.
    If you like a challenge and enjoy to experience computer-stimulated trance, play this game.
  5. Aug 12, 2013
    The Story- The story is an epic tale about a man who is thrown into a "trial" created by satan himself, where he is turned into a triangle and is forced to dodge walls while rotating around a hexagon for all of eternity. Extremely well thought out, and I enjoyed it immensely. It really added to the whole experience. 10/10

The Gameplay- As I said before, you play as a triangle rotating

The Gameplay- As I said before, you play as a triangle rotating around a hexagon dodging walls. Your goal is to survive 60 seconds without being hit, then the level is completed. There are 6 levels- Hexagon, Hexagoner, Hexagonest, Hyper Hexagon, Hyper Hexagoner, and Hyper Hexagonest. Their difficulty levels in the game are Hard, Harder, Hardest, Hardester, Hardestest, and Hardestestest, respectively. As the difficulties suggest, each level makes it harder to make it beyond 60 seconds by speeding up how quickly the walls come at you. Overall, it's very original and surprisingly fun. 9.5/10

Replay Value- This game is built so that every time you play the same level, it is different. In reality, the only things that are the same are the background colors, music, and difficulty/name. Never will you play the same level twice, which means that you can play for hundreds of hours experimenting with new stuff. And with 6 levels, it will keep you for a while. 10/10

Addiction and Difficulty- This game has a strange power I have never seen any other game come close to having- well, maybe except for Solitaire... anyways, this game is addicting as all heck. I tell you, I played this game every single day for 3 months. I kept coming back for more. Even long after I had beaten the game, I had kept coming back. This game is extremely difficult. Most people don't stay long after starting because they give up. However, it is genuine difficulty. It's not because of poor controls or level design, it's because they haven't practiced enough. Super Hexagon is a game of practice makes perfect. You cannot expect to be good at it right away. And with that, I commend it. For making people need to try over and over. 10/10

Graphics/Music- This game's "graphics" Are pretty much just vectors set on a colorful spinning background. They're simple. They don't try to be amazing, since that's not what this game tries to do. They aren't the best, but what they lack, is makes up for in music. This game has an amazing soundtrack of a whole 3 songs. But these songs are amazing. In fact, "Focus", the theme of Hyper Hexagonest and Hexagonest, is in my top 10 video game themes of all time. 10/10

Story- 10/10
    Gameplay- 9.5/10
    Addiction and Difficulty- 10/10
    Replay Value- 10/10
    Graphics/Music- 10/10
    Total- 99/100- Go buy it NOW
  6. Sep 7, 2013
    Easily one of my favorite games of all time. This game is very very addictive and will have you hooked for hours. I owned this on iOS and then PC later and I can say the PC version(arrow keys) and the iOS version have good, solid controls. I have completely beat the game on PC and 56 seconds on Hyper Hexagonest on iOS. Anyone who says that the controls are "garbage" or "broken" areEasily one of my favorite games of all time. This game is very very addictive and will have you hooked for hours. I owned this on iOS and then PC later and I can say the PC version(arrow keys) and the iOS version have good, solid controls. I have completely beat the game on PC and 56 seconds on Hyper Hexagonest on iOS. Anyone who says that the controls are "garbage" or "broken" are probably the people who played this for 5 minuets before writing a review. This game is very easy to pick up and play for anyone but not everyone can master it. I would recommend this game to anyone, it's just a fantastic game with so much game play time. Easily a 10/10 game on iOS and PC.
    P.S. The ending is worth all the time spent playing
  7. Dec 28, 2013
    By far one of the most addicting games I've ever played. I mean seriously. This is one of the best games I have ever played. Super Hexagon is, while being incredibly hard, almost impossible to be mad at even when you can't get past 10 seconds on the first level, as the soundtrack is also one of the best I have ever heard. Really, the only reason this game is still installed on my computerBy far one of the most addicting games I've ever played. I mean seriously. This is one of the best games I have ever played. Super Hexagon is, while being incredibly hard, almost impossible to be mad at even when you can't get past 10 seconds on the first level, as the soundtrack is also one of the best I have ever heard. Really, the only reason this game is still installed on my computer is because I the soundtrack stops me from rage-quitting. Being at an incredibly low price, especially with the sale going on now, I would highly, highly recommend this game to anyone who likes high-speed concentration games that require a lot of skill and getting used to. Expand
  8. Jul 16, 2014
    This is a quite challenging game, requiring you to have sharp hand-eye coordination, a great level of concentration, and ability to focus at all costs. If you have all those, you should be able to nail the first two, or possibly three, levels of this game. It isn't easy though. Aside from its difficulty, this is a good little game with a small price tag.
  9. Dec 28, 2013
    Super Hexagon is a test of reflexes and pattern recognition. The soundtrack that accompanies its simple gameplay is engrossing. Its controls are fluid but require some familiarization in order to accurately use them to navigate the obstacle courses. The game is an exercise in hand-eye coordination first and foremost, although as it reaches higher difficulties, it is more about patternSuper Hexagon is a test of reflexes and pattern recognition. The soundtrack that accompanies its simple gameplay is engrossing. Its controls are fluid but require some familiarization in order to accurately use them to navigate the obstacle courses. The game is an exercise in hand-eye coordination first and foremost, although as it reaches higher difficulties, it is more about pattern recognition and intuitive movement.

Super Hexagon has no narrative and exudes minimalism in its design. Users are however advised against playing this game if they have risks of epilepsy.
  10. Jan 5, 2014
    17 hours so far for less than a dollar. Pure cocaine. Although I've always liked super simple but hard games like this (think Super Meat Boy, Hotline Miami, etc). Buy it, even if you don't like you spent like no money. Also, don't listen to the noobs who say keyboard doesn't work. They're just bad. I beat Super Meat Boy up to the third dark world with keyboard. Keyboard is just the same as17 hours so far for less than a dollar. Pure cocaine. Although I've always liked super simple but hard games like this (think Super Meat Boy, Hotline Miami, etc). Buy it, even if you don't like you spent like no money. Also, don't listen to the noobs who say keyboard doesn't work. They're just bad. I beat Super Meat Boy up to the third dark world with keyboard. Keyboard is just the same as everything: Learnable. Expand
  11. Jan 12, 2014
    Super Hexagon is one of the few perfect games, it's quick, it's frustrating in a good way, it's extremely hard, so if you like a challenge, then this is the game for you. This game is very good music. It's actually one of the only games where I don't turn off the music and get some play list playing.
  12. Jan 28, 2014
    Deceptively simple, ingeniously infuriating, incredibly fun. I will never stop loving this game.
    That isn't to say this game is for everyone. It will knock you into the dirt until you beg for mercy, and even then it will just kick you some more. But for someone like myself, the satisfaction you get when you hear "Excellent" is well worth the pain.
    The music, the gameplay, and the
    The music, the gameplay, and the graphics never get old. After 22 hours of gameplay, I'm still in love with this game.
  13. Feb 13, 2014
    As many have said, this game is ridiculously difficult. The first level is labelled hard, and there is a reason for that! While the game gets somewhat repetitive after a while it somehow manages to avoid losing replayability and I have come back time and again. The music is brilliant, the simple visuals are an acid trip, and you WILL lose yourself in the hypnotic yet psychedelic gameplay.As many have said, this game is ridiculously difficult. The first level is labelled hard, and there is a reason for that! While the game gets somewhat repetitive after a while it somehow manages to avoid losing replayability and I have come back time and again. The music is brilliant, the simple visuals are an acid trip, and you WILL lose yourself in the hypnotic yet psychedelic gameplay. Add to that it's ridiculously cheap (I got it for 30c in a steam sale) and you WILL not be disappointed. I have it on pc, and the controls are not sloppy. Gamepad might be harder though ^^ Expand
  14. Feb 23, 2014
    begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, gamebegin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over Expand
  15. Apr 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game............ This Game........ Has broken everything ever created from the amount of BS being pumped through the veins of Super Hexagon. I never seen a game so GOOD. Its pure LSD. When you finally beat the game. Its like Jesus came down from heaven and put a pound of cocaine on your anus hole. Then it turns into syrup and a lumberjack from outer space comes down in a UFO to stack pancakes on your anus and enjoy that cocaine syrup inside your butthole. In this process your anus widens at least 30 inches and it then gives you the power to beat the good game. I hope my review helps you to buy the game and some day become a legend like I have. Good Day. Expand
  16. Apr 13, 2014
    This game is sooooooooo addictive, if you are not prepared to spend the rest of your life on trying to beat record, after record then do not buy the game, but if you are! Then buy it RIGHT NOW!
  17. Jun 26, 2014
    Let me say this first, i LOVE this game! I first saw it on sale for like, 29 cents, expecting it to be an simple game i would play for several hours and be done with it, but then i ended up playing 59 hours in total. The idea behind this game is very simple, you are a small triangle circling around a hexagon with vibrant flashing colors and a great soundtrack that fits the game perfectly.Let me say this first, i LOVE this game! I first saw it on sale for like, 29 cents, expecting it to be an simple game i would play for several hours and be done with it, but then i ended up playing 59 hours in total. The idea behind this game is very simple, you are a small triangle circling around a hexagon with vibrant flashing colors and a great soundtrack that fits the game perfectly. You just have to last 60 seconds on each level to beat it. Sounds simple, Right? But It will take you hours just to beat the first level.
    It is a extremely addictive game, and one you will play a lot. You will get better each time you play it. It does not give you time to feel down about dying, as you can get right back into the acting less then a second after you have died. You can spend hours just trying to beat your old high score by a single second. And that feeling when you finally beat a level, man it is the greatest feeling of satisfaction ever. Once you beat the last level, you will fell the most amazing feeling of accomplishment ever. when you play, you will not blink, you have to focus on everything at once so that you can move you character to the right place to survive. Each second feels like a minute, and a minute feels like an eternity when playing this game.You will never feel angry at the game, or dissapointed at yourself, because you will noticeably improve yourself each time you play. i have seen some complaints that it is really hard, but i do not view that a a complaint, if it was easy, or even just at a normal difficulty, you could power through it quickly.
    I love this game, and i will still play it though i have beat it. You know that you are in a challenge when the first(And easiest) level is labeled hard. It is addictive, challenging, and so freaking fun for 3 bucks that i would recommend this game to anybody.
  18. Sep 23, 2014
    The difficulty is perfectly balanced in-between the six game modes and the varying patterns keep you on edge. The controls are very fluent and easy to manage. If you fail, it's always your fault. The changing colors are distracting, but they add to the already tough difficulty. It has an excellent soundtrack to boot,
  19. Oct 14, 2014
    Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, GameBegin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over! Expand
  20. Dec 8, 2014
    This is the only game ever I don't get frustrated by failing. You will fail again and again and again, repeat the same level and it never gets boring. If you like pushing yourself to your limits and finishing for the sake of knowing you can do it, then Super Hexagon is the perfect game. Very solid mechanics, well balanced levels, amazing music and responsive controls. It is just impressiveThis is the only game ever I don't get frustrated by failing. You will fail again and again and again, repeat the same level and it never gets boring. If you like pushing yourself to your limits and finishing for the sake of knowing you can do it, then Super Hexagon is the perfect game. Very solid mechanics, well balanced levels, amazing music and responsive controls. It is just impressive how much fun I could get out of such a minimalist game. Expand
  21. Feb 17, 2013
    Initially, the game's teeth-gnashing difficulty will induce a deep inner rage and overpowering feeling of despair. Stick around long enough to learn the ropes and it'll become clear why people regard Super Hexagon as being a prime example of unadulterated digital crack.
  22. Feb 28, 2013
    Gameplay: One of the most addictive games you will ever play. The controls are intuitive enough to adapt to, but tricky enough at the same time to make this game a challenge. However, be prepared to be frustrated A LOT. 9/10 ]

Visuals: Suits the game well. The bright changing colors with the revolving patterns is what really makes this game. 10/10 ] Audio: You couldn't have asked

Audio: You couldn't have asked for better audio design. The music really brings this game to life. You will find your self moving the little arrow along with the beat. I have tried this game with and without the music so believe me when I say this: keep the music on guys. 10/10
  23. Feb 28, 2013
    Incredibly addicting and very very difficult game. Very unique game and very catchy soundtrack. Bought this 2 days ago and already played it like 8 hours. There are only 6 levels and one level takes 60 seconds to beat. So unless you are asian or god you can't beat this game in 6 minutes from the first play.
  24. Apr 4, 2013
    +1 with what has already been said about this game.

Simple, addictive, difficult, easily accessible, fast paced, great soundtrack, highly hypnotic. Don't be expecting any more depth to the game than move a triangle around a hexagon with groovy music though, that is all the game is, but that actually plays to the game's strength because if it's nature. Anybody can play! I mean
    +1 with what has already been said about this game.

Anybody can play! I mean anybody! This game is great to have on at housepartys where you would use your laptop as your primary music system hooked up to speakers, everyone loves it! I think this game could become a real fad like angry birds and all that stuff, because it has simple start/stop addicting gameplay, and they have an android app too! Got my copy in the Humble Indie Bundle for android, and I can safely say the android version is equally as good!

Could not recommend this game more to anyone, apart from those with epilepsy perhaps or motion sickness...

Simply put: GET IT! IT'S $3!
  25. Apr 5, 2013

Are you kidding me? This is the FIRST level? When I started playing Super Hexagon, trying to save a triangle from walls which are constantly moving in, I could not believe how hard the game is. Now, 14 hours later, I just finished the game.

Prepare to die a thousand times. But still the game did not feel frustrating to me. Just very very challenging in a positive way. This is not just a game. It's a drug. Just look at the colors. It is almost hypnotizing to look at the constantly spinning screen.

Two things I did not like. First, the balance between the levels could be better. Lv1&2 are ok, but Lv3 is incredibly hard. Then Lv4&5 are easy again, but Lv6 is really incredibly hardestest... Second, the global highscore list shows just the Top100. So if you are not in the Top100 (which most likely you won't), you can't see your ranking. That sucks.

Apart from that, it is just a fantastic arcade game. Simple. But simply great.

26. Jul 16, 2013
    What is a 600+ game collection worth when you can't help but getting back again and again to the same "silly" game? Yes, this is Super Hexagon! It is the ideal game for brief relaxation when working because the games are VERY short (at least for me, rarely lasting more than 2 minutes!), but totally addictive and engrossing! "Game over", press space, play, "Game over", press space, play...
  27. Jul 17, 2013
    Very challenging for any player. Super Hexagon is really addictive to anyone who plays. The biggest reason it's so addicting is because there's no long "Game Over" Screen. You don't get frustrated when you lose (sometimes), you just want to play more and get better at it. The music is amazing, it goes together with every level perfectly. The graphics and the music complement each other soVery challenging for any player. Super Hexagon is really addictive to anyone who plays. The biggest reason it's so addicting is because there's no long "Game Over" Screen. You don't get frustrated when you lose (sometimes), you just want to play more and get better at it. The music is amazing, it goes together with every level perfectly. The graphics and the music complement each other so well. The hexagon grows and shrinks like a media player visualization. The controls are very simple to understand, but hard to master. When the screen spins to one side, your triangle your controlling can go faster. This is really important when you're at "Hexagonest" or any of the "Hyper Modes". Expand
  28. Jul 20, 2013
    Warning: This game is HARD. Even the first level's difficulty is labeled "Hard". It revolves around a simple concept of you (a triangle) trying to dodge an endless wave of trapezoids that fall in various patterns. Yet, really only two skills are required to play this game: Reflex and Memorization. You HAVE to have a good reaction time to advance. You also need to learn the patterns in theWarning: This game is HARD. Even the first level's difficulty is labeled "Hard". It revolves around a simple concept of you (a triangle) trying to dodge an endless wave of trapezoids that fall in various patterns. Yet, really only two skills are required to play this game: Reflex and Memorization. You HAVE to have a good reaction time to advance. You also need to learn the patterns in the game; you won’t get past the first level trying to mindlessly dodge trapezoids. Also, the game tends to change colors and such in a way that the game looks like a minimalist acid trip. This game thrives off being difficult, which seemed to be the developer's goal, and it is well executed, making the gameplay very addictive. In other challenging minimalist games such as The Impossible Game, repeated failure is extremely aggravating more than it should be, with elements such as a Death Counter and an annoying looping music track. In Super Hexagon, the game does not have a Death Counter and does not have a huge number of failures slapped onto the screen; it is much more focused on beating the actual level instead of rubbing your own failures in your face. Secondly, the game isn't exactly rhythm based, so the game feels much less predictable and exciting. Thirdly, after 2-3 attempts, the music track will shift to a different point in the song, so you don't have to retry a level with the song starting at the same point over and over again. And the music here is very well composed and catchy, making it blend with the game itself very well. In the end, it is a very satisfying experience, and I look back on it as a fun challenge with a rewarding ending. Well worth the measly $3 price tag. Expand
  29. Jul 24, 2013
    Its Rockhard but sooooooooooo addicting
    bought it for 1€ on steam totally worth it

The learing curve is insane I am now able to finish all the first three levels and the first level looks so slow now althought first time playing I thought how would I ever be able to manage this?
    anyway totally recomment it up to 3€
  30. Jan 3, 2014
    The fact this game exists is proof that such simplicity can make for such an excellent experience. Super Hexagon is like a flash game you find on an online site which really excels from the rest. The original 'prototype' of this game (which was one of the flash games mentioned above) was extremely popular and so an improved version made it past Steam Greenlight and ended up on steam for aThe fact this game exists is proof that such simplicity can make for such an excellent experience. Super Hexagon is like a flash game you find on an online site which really excels from the rest. The original 'prototype' of this game (which was one of the flash games mentioned above) was extremely popular and so an improved version made it past Steam Greenlight and ended up on steam for a very low price.
    The music, flashing colours and spinning view alll make for a game which teaches you to recognise what is happening and what is likely to happen next.
    The psychedelic style and the optical illusion effects make this game all the more addictive. A definite good choice to add to your collection of small-time indie games.
  31. Jan 4, 2014
    This game is one of the best boredom breakers of all time, and then some. It can easily run on pretty much anything, due to the minimalistic style. The price tag is nice, 3 USD and .50 on sale. Another great creation from Terry Cavanagh. The only criticism I have is the extremely sharp learning curve, pretty much everyone I know has ragequit at least once.
  32. Jan 6, 2014
    Super Hexagon is minimalist, simplistic, and consists of highly repetitive gameplay. If you are looking for a game that can occupy you for hours or even 30 minutes per sitting this game probably isn't it.

But, if you are looking for something you can play on your work breaks instead of Solitaire/Minesweeper or something you can fire up and play for a short 5-to-15 minute spurt because you can't decide what else to do with yourself Super Hexagon fits the bill just right.

Its gameplay consists of you controlling a small triangle at the center of the screen and using the left+right arrows on the keyboard or the left+right buttons on a mouse to dodge incoming lines for as long as possible while the screen occasionally rotates to increase the difficulty and up-tempo trance beats play in the background. Guaranteed to challenge your pattern recongition and reflex skills even on the slowest speed setting and makes for both a fun and potentially addicting experience.

And, yes, while the game itself doesn't have much content: only a few levels (which are essentially just sped up versions of eachother) and a soundtrack consisting of what seems like only 3 or 4 songs the cheap price tag of 30cents to a few bucks more than justifies the high marks this game gets.
  33. Jan 8, 2014
    Indie games have the record of being viewed on the dimmer side of the gaming community.The fact that its made by only a few indeviduals is enough to convince a very significant amount of people that its not worth their time at all, however, when a game like Super Hexagon comes out people must be forced to reconsider. This incredibly fast paced game provides an experiance unlike any other.Indie games have the record of being viewed on the dimmer side of the gaming community.The fact that its made by only a few indeviduals is enough to convince a very significant amount of people that its not worth their time at all, however, when a game like Super Hexagon comes out people must be forced to reconsider. This incredibly fast paced game provides an experiance unlike any other. The simple controls and incredible soundtrack all contribute in making Super Hexagon an experience to remember. You could be sucked into hours of hair pulling frustration all spent on clicking the "left" and "right" keys. However the satisfaction of finally finishing a stage of this unique experience more than compensates the hours of torment spent trying to complete it.
    By no means should this game be considered anything less than a masterpiece made by a man with great imagination, this is certainly one of the games that will remain popular for years to come.
  34. Feb 22, 2014
    Super Hexagon is a hands down one of the best games to just sit and kill 5 or 10 minutes with. With it's catchy music, it really holds your attention and will keep you coming back.

The only downside I can place on this game, (other than the fact that I can't win) is that the name probable should have been changed to "Epilepsy Trigger: 2013" Because with the music, flashing lights, and rotating background, that's what it could easily become.
  35. May 6, 2014
    hahaha just play this fun short and cheap. when your bored just start super hexagon and scream at your pc.
    with awesome music and great and fast gameplay its hard to criticais this game!
  36. Jun 11, 2014
    Super Hexagon is a game that you occasionally want to play, only to find that you have made no progress in that one level you hate so much, which makes this game a "one of a kind". The music is awesome, and it's terrifyingly simple, yet so hard and frustrating. When you finally manage to beat a certain level, you get that one moment of sheer pride, until you realize that your friends haveSuper Hexagon is a game that you occasionally want to play, only to find that you have made no progress in that one level you hate so much, which makes this game a "one of a kind". The music is awesome, and it's terrifyingly simple, yet so hard and frustrating. When you finally manage to beat a certain level, you get that one moment of sheer pride, until you realize that your friends have gotten further. Give it a shot! Expand
  37. Sep 30, 2014
    Truly one of the most addicting yet simple concepts in recent history.
    It's dirt cheap and I would wholeheartedly recommend that you buy this game, even more so if it's on sale.
  38. Dec 2, 2012
    Anyone who played the Super Gravitron in VVVVV knows what Terry Cavanagh can do in a small minigame. Well, he`s done it again. This is an extremely fun and addictive minigame. Yeah, it`s extremely hard as well, but this is intended. Music is awesome as well. I`m 5h into it, beat the first two levels (Hexagon and Hexagoner) and am far from done with it. It does cause frustration quite a fewAnyone who played the Super Gravitron in VVVVV knows what Terry Cavanagh can do in a small minigame. Well, he`s done it again. This is an extremely fun and addictive minigame. Yeah, it`s extremely hard as well, but this is intended. Music is awesome as well. I`m 5h into it, beat the first two levels (Hexagon and Hexagoner) and am far from done with it. It does cause frustration quite a few times (there are some cheap deaths in the game). Regarding controls, I didn`t see a big difference between playing with keyboard and with a gamepad. Also, the game was designed to have digital controls, so control via mouse motion is something that will not be implemented, so don`t wait for it. Expand
  39. Jul 3, 2013
    A super addicting, super hard, and all around super game. If fast, difficult, arcadeish gameplay is for you, then you'd love this game. It's low price is just the cherry on the top of an otherwise great game.
    Graphics are a great blend of the fast shapes, rapidly rotating background, and beautiful changing colors. All running great, requiring nil to run.
    What really seals the deal fpr me
    What really seals the deal fpr me is the music, it's some of the best I've heard in a long while (avid chiptune fan), and it's what keeps me going through the many screw-ups. And I do screw up a lot, but I never hold it against the game. It's got something that keeps me coming back for more, and the only scoring helps in attempting to get that score up.
    The only real cons I can think of is the re-playability of it all. But then again, that isn't an issue with a game like this.
    I'd recommend this to pretty much anyone whose in the spirit for a game that pulls all the punches, and is great fun to play in either short bursts, or long score-grinding sessions.
  40. Jul 3, 2013
    This is a psychedelic experience composed of flashing colors and trippy music. All I have to say is that this games is not for those who have slow reaction time and don't like fast games. This requires you to constantly look around the screen so it may be a strain on the eyes occasionally. Though despite it's retina damaging visuals, this games brings a smile to my face for every secondThis is a psychedelic experience composed of flashing colors and trippy music. All I have to say is that this games is not for those who have slow reaction time and don't like fast games. This requires you to constantly look around the screen so it may be a strain on the eyes occasionally. Though despite it's retina damaging visuals, this games brings a smile to my face for every second that I add to my high score.

Worth the buy. Definitely!
  41. Mar 12, 2014
    So simple, but not easy. The shapes keep turning around and around but you'll have to keep you head steady. I like it. Even when I lose so much I always want another chance to beat it.
  42. Oct 22, 2014
    Claiming that this game is perfect would be false, but it is AMAZING. I've played this game for quite some time now, and it's thrilling and exciting through and through. With its extreme challenge and fun gameplay mechanics this game will have you play until the sun comes up. Also, it has 6 different difficulties which each should take about 2 hours to master and truly beat though this mayClaiming that this game is perfect would be false, but it is AMAZING. I've played this game for quite some time now, and it's thrilling and exciting through and through. With its extreme challenge and fun gameplay mechanics this game will have you play until the sun comes up. Also, it has 6 different difficulties which each should take about 2 hours to master and truly beat though this may vary depending on skill and reaction time as well as the last few being extremely hard to beat, but about 14 hours of gameplay is great for a game that costs 3 dollars.

On the other hand this game isn't for everyone. If you don't like massive strobes colorful lights and loud music I wouldn't suggest this game. Also some may be burnt out in the first level if they give up easily as it is very challenging, and anyone who hates games that stick to 1 mechanic by heart won't like this game. 8/10 generally you will enjoy this game for all the content it has but some may give up throwing keyboards, or get burnt out by gameplay but generally this game is extremely fun.
  43. Dec 2, 2012
    Probably the hardest yet the simplest game I've ever played. Also quite addictive once you get into it. From the first game I've been thinking about how the controls could have been improved but I couldn't come up with an answer. I guess it's just meant to be the way it is.
  44. Mar 16, 2013
    This game's description tells you a whole lot of nothing, so let me fix that. Super Hexagon is an arcade-style action game where you need to guide a little triangle (the one right outside the center hex if you look at the pictures) to avoid the incoming hexagon fragments. This game is frantic and it's difficult. You'll need perfect speed and precision to make it even part way through theThis game's description tells you a whole lot of nothing, so let me fix that. Super Hexagon is an arcade-style action game where you need to guide a little triangle (the one right outside the center hex if you look at the pictures) to avoid the incoming hexagon fragments. This game is frantic and it's difficult. You'll need perfect speed and precision to make it even part way through the first level. You will lose many, many times before you succeed, but you're instantly thrown back in the action.

As you play, the hexagons start coming at you in new, interesting patterns that will throw you off. You'll bob and weave, and then suddenly the hexagon becomes a pentagon and your careful plans need to change in a split second. The pace is really intense.

The graphics are basic but neat. The music is great; it's high-quality chiptune music, but that should be no surprise from the developer of VVVVVV. It's an interesting game that's done very well, but it's just not for me. If you're looking for a unique, challenging game, you can do a lot worse than Super Hexagon, especially for the price. This game is cheap enough that there's really no need to wait for a sale if you're interested.
  45. Jun 27, 2013
    If you are willing to spend HOURS practicing, this game is worth everything. Otherwise, stay away. After 2 or 3 hours, you may be too frustrated to continue playing or just use it when you are desperately bored. Looking online for tips will help you out. Don't expect to beat the game in an hour or two, even though it could technically take 5 minutes to complete the whole game.
  46. Jul 25, 2013
    Super Hexagon is a really hard music game, where you have to dodge the figures. The gameplay goes from fast to fast as hell and the music is changed in every difficulty. You will try it again and again and again and again... I just wish, there were more songs, you can play or choose own songs.
  47. May 18, 2014
    This game is addictive. You can not stop playing it because you will always want to beat your record. The music is perfectly integrated into the game, and the graphics are good, they'll hypnosis. Minimum difficulty is difficult, which makes a game "for Asian" haha. In short, a game that will make you addicted!
  48. Jun 10, 2014
    Es una experiencia neurológica, básicamente es un manual de cómo generar una ataque epiléptico fotosensitivo. Interesante para la gente que esté interesada en la neurobiología de los videojuegos, pero prohibido para menores de 18, ya que puede provocarles un ataque epiléptico que estuviera latente.
  49. Nov 30, 2012
    Since I bought the game two days ago, I've played for almost 4 hours. Each game must have averaged at 10-20 seconds. That means I've played hundreds of games of this in two days. The only variety is that the obstacles vary. There are three different modes with a chiptune for each. According to Steam achievemts, only 1.7 percent have beaten the hardest mode. Once you beat a mode, you unlockSince I bought the game two days ago, I've played for almost 4 hours. Each game must have averaged at 10-20 seconds. That means I've played hundreds of games of this in two days. The only variety is that the obstacles vary. There are three different modes with a chiptune for each. According to Steam achievemts, only 1.7 percent have beaten the hardest mode. Once you beat a mode, you unlock a 'hyper' version. The main difference, apart from different colours, being that it's faster, I think. I can't really tell the difference to be honest. There's a Top 100 highscore table for each level, but the global highscores are almost untouchable. The 'friend highscores' table has more potential, as your Steam friends are likely to be more moderate players of this game. The controls aren't perfect, and randomly generated levels can suddenly present an impossible difficulty spike. Often it's a about luck, and that is unfair in a game where everything is boiled down to 'skill gaming'. Expand
  50. Oct 15, 2013
    Super Hexagon.This game is fun, fast paced and addictive. It is a PERFECT boredom breaker, great to play while downloading other games. Some people say this game makes you rage quit, for me it is the complete opposite, if I die, I just have an overwhelming urge to play again, and keep playing, until my eyes are literally burning. The reason this is great whilst waiting for games toSuper Hexagon.This game is fun, fast paced and addictive. It is a PERFECT boredom breaker, great to play while downloading other games. Some people say this game makes you rage quit, for me it is the complete opposite, if I die, I just have an overwhelming urge to play again, and keep playing, until my eyes are literally burning. The reason this is great whilst waiting for games to download and other Things to happen, is because time passes very quickly with this game, you just want to play again and again and again and again... When you stop playing you realize the game you were downloading finished about 3 hours ago. The reason I rate this with a mediocre score is because, it's not really good for a serious sit down and play it game, just when you are waiting for other things. But it is very, very good at it's job. Expand
  51. Oct 13, 2014
    Extremely fun, extremely frustrating, extremely competitive, but also extremely limited. Super Hexagon is a nice little game to play every now and then.
    6/10 - Ben Hazelden
  52. AWG
    Jun 17, 2013
    Should have been named "Ragequit: The Game: The Ragequit". This game has enormous potentials but fails to fulfill its goal because of terrible controls that transform a simple concept in an early impossible-to-beat swearfeast.
  53. Nov 28, 2012
    Potentially addictive game, horrible controls. I can see how this could have done well on the iOS. With a touchscreen, the controls would've been very intuitive. On an xbox 360 controller and/or keyboard, the controls are sloppy and you are often extremely underestimating or overestimating how far you have to move the triangle you are controlling and you die not due to a mistake inPotentially addictive game, horrible controls. I can see how this could have done well on the iOS. With a touchscreen, the controls would've been very intuitive. On an xbox 360 controller and/or keyboard, the controls are sloppy and you are often extremely underestimating or overestimating how far you have to move the triangle you are controlling and you die not due to a mistake in calculations, but due to sloppy controls. This could easily be patched though, so i will amend my review upon fixing. Expand
  54. Apr 6, 2014
    Super Hexagon can best be described as a twitch rhythm game where you dodge increasingly complex line patterns spawned off screen, flowing inward to your hexagon. While I love the music and the concept of the game, I had a hard time even playing it because of graphical issues. With V-sync turned on the whole screen seems to "move" and caused me motion sickness very quickly (something ISuper Hexagon can best be described as a twitch rhythm game where you dodge increasingly complex line patterns spawned off screen, flowing inward to your hexagon. While I love the music and the concept of the game, I had a hard time even playing it because of graphical issues. With V-sync turned on the whole screen seems to "move" and caused me motion sickness very quickly (something I don't have a problem with in any other game). With V-sync off there was constant screen tearing, sometimes occuring multiple times a second in multiple parts of the screen, which gave me headaches.

I think this game would be a great party game, something to pass the controller around while everyone takes their 10 sec-1 min turn attempting to pass a level. However I felt physically ill trying to play it and wouldn't recommend it to anyone considering I haven't had issues with motion sickness in a video game before.
  55. Jun 15, 2013
    Good concept, but bad execution for the PC release. For the iOS version, the only practical controls were a button to move left, and a button to move right. That's fine.

But when the game was released for PC, no mouse support was added. I've seen reviews saying this game is "fiendishly difficult" and hard, but it's artificially difficult because the controls are garbage. They are too sensitive, so fine tuned movements are difficult. Also, if you even slightly overshoot/undershoot how long to hold the buttons to move, you die.

Adding mouse controls would make this game far less frustrating and less "fake difficult", since you can focus on pattern recognition and skillfully weaving your movements with a mouse instead of dying because you held down the "move right" button a quarter second too long. I would think such an implementation to be fairly simple, and it's lack of inclusion makes for sub-par gameplay on a pc.

I can't recommend this game in its current state. It's just not fun dying all the time because of poor controls
  56. Nov 28, 2013
    I don't see why this game is so highly rated. I love action games, puzzle games, and even some very difficult games like VVVVVV, but this game rotates the screen just to be difficult. Perhaps if this mechanic was added later in the game to increase difficulty, it wouldn't be such a terrible design decision, but the game is immediately retardly difficult for no discernable reason.I don't see why this game is so highly rated. I love action games, puzzle games, and even some very difficult games like VVVVVV, but this game rotates the screen just to be difficult. Perhaps if this mechanic was added later in the game to increase difficulty, it wouldn't be such a terrible design decision, but the game is immediately retardly difficult for no discernable reason. Minimalistic games can be phenomenally fun, even when difficult, but this game's design is just lazy. Obviously the masses love it, so maybe it's just me. Expand
  57. Jan 13, 2014
    Save your money. This game is horrendous. If you survive past 5 seconds great job. I really wish I saved my 60 cents and bought a McDonalds ice cream instead.

1. May 13, 2013
    Super Hexagon is not a game you'll play for months on end. It's not a significant step in the evolution of games as an art form. But damn if it isn't astounding that a game this simple can be such a joy to play! As a small-scale time waster it's pretty much perfect. [May 2013]
  2. Dec 27, 2012
    Fast, minimal and fun: Super Hexagon is the new Terry Cavanagh triumph.
  3. Dec 6, 2012
    A frenzied, elegant action game that pulses with great music and demanding thrills, for only £2/$3.