Super Meat Boy PC

8.3

1. Apr 7, 2017
    It's a good platformer, but it is hard to the point of being unfair a little too often. Unlike most hard games, super meat boy is not rewarding but frustrating. I fail to see how people find this game enjoyable.
  2. Feb 1, 2017
    My favorite game ever made. It has incredibly tight controls, making the brilliant level design challenging but fair. The soundtrack is among the best, with its variety between retro and metal(?) music. People who down vote either have a **** PC, can't handle the difficulty, or don't realize that this game is catered to a certain audience (or get tilted by one thing and give it a badMy favorite game ever made. It has incredibly tight controls, making the brilliant level design challenging but fair. The soundtrack is among the best, with its variety between retro and metal(?) music. People who down vote either have a **** PC, can't handle the difficulty, or don't realize that this game is catered to a certain audience (or get tilted by one thing and give it a bad review). The beautiful and polished art style highlights Meat Boy's smooth animations. The retro and dark world levels also add a nice bit of variety. Just when I'm getting frustrated, I complete a level and feel empowered to continue further. This game hits the perfect balance between difficult and fair. The variety in characters and controls is refreshing. I highly recommend it to those who aren't the kinds of people I described above. Expand
  3. Aug 26, 2016
    Absolutely one of my favorite games. Totally challenging but very satisfactory. Controls are snappy as hell, levels are very well designed and music is superb! There should be more indie like this. Re-playable at any moment!
  4. Aug 9, 2016
    Super meat boy is definitely a masterpiece... and a good challenge!

The Good: -Good pixel art -Nice soundtracks -Very good and responsible controls -Fun, challenging and addictive -Unique boss battles -Funny cut scenes -Replay of your deaths after beating a level -Amazing level design -A lot of content, unlockables and levels The Bad: -It can be a bit hard and sometimes
    Super meat boy is definitely a masterpiece... and a good challenge!

The Good:
    -Good pixel art
    -Nice soundtracks
    -Very good and responsible controls
    -Fun, challenging and addictive
    -Unique boss battles
    -Funny cut scenes
    -Replay of your deaths after beating a level
    -Amazing level design
    -A lot of content, unlockables and levels

The Bad:
    -It can be a bit hard and sometimes frustrating because of that.

5. Jul 22, 2016
    This game is a difficult platformer. And as far as difficult games go, this is one of the best. The game is strong in level design, so this game ends ups not being very frustrating. Sometimes button presses are a bit unresponsive, especially in the later levels, which brings the frustration up, and the score down, but it doesn't ruin the experience. And when you finish the game, there'sThis game is a difficult platformer. And as far as difficult games go, this is one of the best. The game is strong in level design, so this game ends ups not being very frustrating. Sometimes button presses are a bit unresponsive, especially in the later levels, which brings the frustration up, and the score down, but it doesn't ruin the experience. And when you finish the game, there's still the dark world, bandages, warp zones, and the bonus world. The bandages and warp zones actually have a purpose, they both serve as ways to unlock characters. Which are from different games, and have different abilities. The dark world and bonus world are for bragging rights. So if your a completionist, there's still some content that will keep you entertained. Super Meat Boy is overall, worth the $14.99. It can be frustrating at times, and buttons can be a bit unresponsive, but it's not a big deal. 9/10. Expand
  6. Jun 21, 2016
    Challenging, fast paced platformer with super responsive controls.

If you have been living under a rock till now and have never heard of this game it's time to get out and see what this game is all about. And it is a good game. One of the best platformers in existence. Super tight controls and rather difficult levels are working great for this game. There is no story. Nor does it
    Challenging, fast paced platformer with super responsive controls.

There is no story. Nor does it feel like there should be. Well - there is sort of story, you're a meat boy on a quest to save bandage girl from doctor featus. Yup - that's actually what it is. But the gameplay itself is so fun and addictive it's hard to walk away from it.

The levels are fairly short but well designed. Their length however is short on purpose and it's a good thing. Because you will die a lot, but once you master timings correctly completing a level will feel really satisfying.

I highly recommend this game to anyone. Just do yourself a favour and play it with controller.
  7. Oct 24, 2015
    Super Meat Boy is an independent video game designed by Edmund McMillen and Tommy Refenes and developed by Team Meat. It is the successor to McMillen and Jonathan McEntee's October 2008 Flash game Meat Boy.
  8. Oct 9, 2015
    I originally played Super Meat Boy on PC and. largely thanks to issues I had with the controls, didn't enjoy it at all. With so many good reviews and it being a PS+ freebie this month I decided to give it another try and am really glad I did. It’s still as infuriatingly difficult as it once but it seems as though the issues I had with the controls were more down to my PC than the gameI originally played Super Meat Boy on PC and. largely thanks to issues I had with the controls, didn't enjoy it at all. With so many good reviews and it being a PS+ freebie this month I decided to give it another try and am really glad I did. It’s still as infuriatingly difficult as it once but it seems as though the issues I had with the controls were more down to my PC than the game itself as it controls perfectly on PS4 meaning that the (many) deaths are always my fault rather than the games.

Being such a difficult title I'd be surprised if I made it all the way to the end but I've already had many enjoyable (if that's the right word for this game) hours with Super Meat Boy.
  9. Oct 2, 2015
    Tier 2
    + Wickedly polished with some of the best game feel of any platformer
    + Challenging and visceral with aesthetics that compliment gameplay + The addition of extra characters adds some fun content to the game ? An incredibly high commitment is required for completion, only hardcore fans will try ? Difficulty curve is incredible, requires a lot of patience from players - Probably
    Tier 2
    + Wickedly polished with some of the best game feel of any platformer
    + Challenging and visceral with aesthetics that compliment gameplay
    + The addition of extra characters adds some fun content to the game
    ? Difficulty curve is incredible, requires a lot of patience from players
    - Probably inaccessible to non-hardcore players
  10. Sep 10, 2015
    To sum it up in three words: Difficult but fair. This is what a platformer game should be like. Responsive controls, very fast gameplay, and challenging obstacles. Add the cute story and cool boss fights and you got a recipe for the best platforming game. If graphics were just a little bit better, I'd gave it a 10.
  11. Mar 21, 2015
    Very fun. Difficult but rewarding gameplay that occasionally borders on frustrating. If you want a more relaxed experience stick to the "light world" levels.

Great fast pace and wall-jumps.

You can re-map the key bindings by editing files, which you will want to do for a keyboard setup.

Gave me 60 hours of fun, 17923 deaths, highly recommended.
  12. Mar 9, 2015
    Have you ever picked up a video game and instantly fell in love with it? I have, and growing up in the early 90's with popular consoles like the 'Super Nintendo' and the 'Sega Genesis' have given many platformers extremely nostalgic feelings for me. Then I got older and video games changed just as much as I did and when I came back to them many years later I found that they had turned intoHave you ever picked up a video game and instantly fell in love with it? I have, and growing up in the early 90's with popular consoles like the 'Super Nintendo' and the 'Sega Genesis' have given many platformers extremely nostalgic feelings for me. Then I got older and video games changed just as much as I did and when I came back to them many years later I found that they had turned into something that I didn't understand, appreciate, or recognize. Every game seemed to blend in with the ones around it, and I wasn't all that happy with the majority of games that I was playing. This is the game that changed that.

'Super Meat Boy' is easily one of the best games that I have ever played and rivals some of the greatest platformers of all time like 'Mario Bros', 'Castlevania', 'Mega Man', and so on and so forth. This game put 2D platforming, along with indie gaming back on the map for many people because everything about it is simply amazing. From the soundtrack, to the controls, to the level design, to the insanity of it all; 'Super Meat Boy' will keep you addicted until the very end. And just when you think you've mastered it all, you discover there are even harder versions of each and every level that you've already played. If you are at all into side-scrollers this is a must buy. Hell, this is a must buy even if you aren't.
  13. Mar 2, 2015
    Its fun, addictive, and extremely difficult. Its a throw back to the hard core days of gaming in the 80's, therefore the difficulty is justified. But don't worry, there are no lives, so don't worry about messing up.
    Go play it.
  14. Jan 2, 2015
    This is an amazing game that is personally one of my favorites if not my favorite. I see a few reviews bashing it for its difficulty. Disregard these! Do NOT buy this game unless you are into extremely difficult trial and error based gameplay. That is what the game is known for. Even years after I got the game I'm still having fun with it. I'll admit you certainly need to get in shape toThis is an amazing game that is personally one of my favorites if not my favorite. I see a few reviews bashing it for its difficulty. Disregard these! Do NOT buy this game unless you are into extremely difficult trial and error based gameplay. That is what the game is known for. Even years after I got the game I'm still having fun with it. I'll admit you certainly need to get in shape to try any of the harder levels, but that comes quickly. I love all the crazy achievements of the game, and personally I think it is one of the best deals out there. For just a couple of dollars and a lot of patience you get basically unlimited entertainment. My ONLY complaint is the fans. Some levels contain fans, and I think they are a little unpredictable at times. This isn't a major problem though. Aside from this, the game runs perfectly. In terms of stress on the computer it is very light. I can easily run it with 60 fps on my 5 year old macbook (yes I know that isn't your ideal gaming machine). Wait for a steam sale, and snag this game next time its cheap!!! Expand
  15. Dec 14, 2014
    This game is hard, which I don't have any problems with. However, I find it laggy and that is very annoying. This is a game for you who like trial by error games and have a great amount of patience. Not fun according to me.
  16. Nov 15, 2014
    Distilling platforming to its purest essence, Super Meat Boy is challenging but never unforgiving or unfair. The levels are short and sweet, and the sheer amount of them provide endless hours of fun.
  17. Aug 23, 2014
    I am all about platformers, especially challenging ones. If you hate the feeling of dying over and over again, missing precise jumps by a HAIR and maybe I'll finally get it on my hundredth try SON OF A **** I WAS THIS CLOSE THIS GAME IS STUPID AND UNFAIR ARGH SMASH THE CONTROLLER then you will not like this game. However, if you love the feeling of finally NAILING IT, the overwhelmingI am all about platformers, especially challenging ones. If you hate the feeling of dying over and over again, missing precise jumps by a HAIR and maybe I'll finally get it on my hundredth try SON OF A **** I WAS THIS CLOSE THIS GAME IS STUPID AND UNFAIR ARGH SMASH THE CONTROLLER then you will not like this game. However, if you love the feeling of finally NAILING IT, the overwhelming sense of accomplishment that is the reason we play these games, then there is nothing better than Super Meat Boy. You'll hate it most of the time, but when you love it you will LOVE IT!

The art is very well done. The characters are likable, the environments very interesting and the cut scenes are pretty funny. The music is excellent, if I was the type to listen to game music around this would be on my phone. What takes center stage is the control. Meat Boy is an extension of yourself and will do exactly what you tell him to. I can't rave about this enough. When you're flying through the air you can feel it. When you're sticking to a wall you can feel it. It's a superb achievement by the developer(s). There are also tons of levels, great variety in level design and mechanics, plenty of unlockables (including the unbelievably hard to get protagonist from I Want To Be The Guy, took me hours to get him), plenty of secrets... right now Steam says I have played 56 hours, pretty remarkable for a platformer.

I thought about rating this a 9 for one simple reason - an extremely frustrating bug that would make certain game objects (like walls of buzz saws) move too fast to get some secrets. I think it was a problem with the objects moving based on a fixed frame rate for the xbox that didn't translate correctly to PC. I was able to work around it somehow - it was a while ago and I don't remember what I did - but it was EXTREMELY frustrating. I wouldn't be surprised if this problem was patched by now though.

Read my first paragraph again. If it rings true for you then you already know you need this game.
  18. Jul 21, 2014
    Super Meat Boy is designed around one thing, platforming. It does this supremely well, and everything else in the game is designed to augment and enhance the platforming experience.

As you might imagine, the game play is everything here, and it’s perfectly executed. The controls take time to get used to, but once that happens (10+ hours in) you will be able to understand and exploit levels implicitly. Also, as you might have heard, SMB is HARD, especially on the final world and dark worlds. However it is always fair to you. It never tries to trick you or ambush you, levels never change, and you know that if you die it was your mistimed keystroke/button-mash that did it. The fun comes from trying out new strategies to get through the assault course before you, and the joy you’ll feel from completing a level you’ve been stuck on for the last 45 minutes is unlike many other gaming experiences. This sets it apart from games like "I wanna be the guy" which is an exercise in masochism. Also, once you die, and you will die a lot, the level immediately resets, which cuts down on the boring waiting between level attempts (only the warp zones and glitch zones don’t which is kind of annoying).

The sound design is phenomenal. Seriously, phenomenal. I can't think of many other games that have such a well crafted score, especially for an indie game. It always captures just the right mood for the level you are in: easy, difficult, zany, hectic, epic, cute, apocalyptic, tense, it's all there. It also makes it easier to replay a level for the 50th time since you get to listen to such a great track again. The music style is fast paced and reminiscent of old arcade games, which is a nice nod to its roots.

The story is not really designed to be immersive, like many other A* games out there, but instead provides a very enjoyable backdrop for your platforming, full of quirky humour and irreverence. The lightheartedness of the story perfectly offsets the brutal difficulty of the game, and the humour makes you laugh when you should be throwing your controller across the room. The characters never speak, but the story is conveyed through facial expressions and a narrator, both contributing to an arcade like atmosphere that doesn’t take itself too seriously, making for an awesome game.

The graphics, much like the soundtrack, are not the centre of the game, but make the platforming easier and more enjoyable. The sets are colourful and vibrant, and each world has its own distinctive theme to it. Contrast between platform, player and background is good and crisp, meaning you won’t get confused during your hectic level dashes. The cinematics between worlds are high quality and serve to move the story along.

Even once you beat a level, that’s not it. There’s so much more to do to unlock other interesting characters and achievements. Beat the level timed runs, collect bandages, beat the dark worlds, beat warp zones, beat glitch zones, and for those who’s badassery is measured in MCkN (mega Chuck Norrises) and have already done all that, go on Super Meat Boy world/Teh Internets and try to complete some of the fan made stuff there.

It’s also really nice to see characters appearing from other indie games, included as additional unlockable characters with special abilities that your titular protagonist does not have. This allows you to try out another character if super meat boy can’t get that one bandage you need to collect.

This game should really get a 10, and is the best platformer I’ve ever played. Why only a 9 then? For me at least, it’s the buggiest game I’ve ever played. I play the steam version on Windows Vista, and crashes during loading are commonplace, though thankfully not often during very long and difficult levels. I don’t know if its Steam’s fault, since I’ve had problems with a number of incompletely function Steam versions of games (e.g. Max Payne), but I can only rate my experience, so there it is.

Now, Super Meat Boy is not a broad game. If you don’t like platforming, don’t buy it. If you don’t like a game to test your resolve and challenge you skill to their limits, don’t buy it. It is a tightly formed, focused, perfectly crafted, exceptionally fun platformer and its completion is designed to be a badge of honour letting the internet know how awesome you are.

Buy it. Try it. Get killed. Lots.
  19. Jun 26, 2014
    In my opinion this is one of the two best platform games ever made; the other being Super Mario World. The controls are intuitive and responsive. You die a lot but it never feels unfair. It's a tough game but you always feel a few tweaks, a bit more practise and you'll beat the level. The level design is brilliant and the difficulty curve progressive. You'll look back at levels you thoughtIn my opinion this is one of the two best platform games ever made; the other being Super Mario World. The controls are intuitive and responsive. You die a lot but it never feels unfair. It's a tough game but you always feel a few tweaks, a bit more practise and you'll beat the level. The level design is brilliant and the difficulty curve progressive. You'll look back at levels you thought challenging an hour ago and chuckle at how trivial they now seem. In summary a brilliant game that will give you sweaty hands! Oh .. don't play without a controller. Expand
  20. Jun 22, 2014
    It's an awesome game! One of the best games that I have played!! I really enjoy it and I would definitely recommend it.
    However, let me warn you, it's a difficult game, I looked into my statistics and I have died already 2000 times when I was into 7 hours of play (which include video, loading time, and level control selection)!
  21. Jun 10, 2014
    Magnífico juego para ver gran cantidad de mecánicas de los juegos de plataformas. Muy interesante para desarrolladores que quieran hacer un juego de este tipo. Buena compra calidad-precio.
  22. May 26, 2014
    My absolute #1 game of all time, the controls are completely fantastic and the way you move is exactly how a 2D platform is supposed to function, and with over 200 levels and an online mode, this game is amazing.
  23. Apr 16, 2014
    Really hardcore platformer with amazing graphics and soundtrack. Handling with controller is fabulous, there was no moment when I was blaming this game for failure and it is important about games like this. Just perfect.
  24. Apr 15, 2014
    И ещё одна супер хардкорная игрушка под название Супер Мясо Пацан уже готова заставить вас заменить две а то и три клавиатуры и натереть вам кровавые мозоли на пальцах! Для гетто тащеров можно произвести замену всего компьютера по желанию :) Игра очень сложная и требует очень много времени дабы её пройти(ну или попробовать пройти). Лично я прошёл только 2 главы из всех(не помню сколькоИ ещё одна супер хардкорная игрушка под название Супер Мясо Пацан уже готова заставить вас заменить две а то и три клавиатуры и натереть вам кровавые мозоли на пальцах! Для гетто тащеров можно произвести замену всего компьютера по желанию :) Игра очень сложная и требует очень много времени дабы её пройти(ну или попробовать пройти). Лично я прошёл только 2 главы из всех(не помню сколько их, 10 или где то так). По этому я ставлю ей 9/10. И помните, если у вас слабая психика и вы не хотите загубить и её - не играйте в Супер Мясного Пацана!!! Expand
  25. Apr 5, 2014
    um dos melhores indies já feitos, simples, uma ótima jogabilidade, perfeito, um dos seus únicos problemas é depois de um tempo ele começa a ficar enjoativo, ainda mais quando você está jogando atravéz de um teclado, dá vontade de quebrar o PC na parede
  26. Feb 27, 2014
    The hate-it-or-love-it-game.

I absolutely love the game. The graphics are somewhat far beyond 1995 but the characters, gameplay, achievs and also the story are freaking fantastic. Try 'I wanna be the guy' in order to check your ambition for this type of game. There is also the flash version of Meat Boy somewhere around in the web. Check your ambition before buying. Can't say it often
    The hate-it-or-love-it-game.

I absolutely love the game.

The graphics are somewhat far beyond 1995 but the characters, gameplay, achievs and also the story are freaking fantastic. Try 'I wanna be the guy' in order to check your ambition for this type of game. There is also the flash version of Meat Boy somewhere around in the web. Check your ambition before buying. Can't say it often enough.

I used x360 controller from the beginning. As the effing thing went dead I had to play with keyboard for some days. Absolutely not playable. So be sure to have som Gamepad.

I hope there will be other good plattformers coming in the future times. Until that I will continue trying to beat some of the finger-crippling hardmode levels that Super Meat Boy offers.

Now get going and kick some Fetus-asses or play some more days in Sims3 or some sort of pony riding game :)
  27. Feb 13, 2014
    Skillbased 2D side-scrolling platformer at it's finest a must have!

This will get you through some tough emotions. It will make you rage, cry, despair, break stuff but it will also deliver you an unbelievable amount of fun!
  28. Jan 28, 2014
    Great game with or without a gamepad. So much fun to play and watch others play. Very difficult but very rewarding, not the biggest fan of retro platformers but this one definitely kept me entertained.
  29. Jan 27, 2014
    One of the worst games I've ever played, very stupid, without humor, you only need to click buttons quickly and aptly. Game is difficult but success depends on luck because beyond stupid clicking the game has nothing to offer. I don't recommend it unless you have nothing to do, and nerves of steel. I bought it for a little more than 1€ so it isn't a tragedy, according to me this is theOne of the worst games I've ever played, very stupid, without humor, you only need to click buttons quickly and aptly. Game is difficult but success depends on luck because beyond stupid clicking the game has nothing to offer. I don't recommend it unless you have nothing to do, and nerves of steel. I bought it for a little more than 1€ so it isn't a tragedy, according to me this is the real value of this **** Expand
  30. Jan 11, 2014
    Very nice by the standarts of indie game. And incredibly hard, like INCREDIBLY, I almost broke my fingers and I'm only in 2nd world lol :)
    9/10 from my point of view. Old 2d-platformer fans wont be disappointed ))

Indie gaming at its retro-loving best, with some of the most cunningly-designed and purposefully infuriating 2D gameplay of the year.
  2. Jun 1, 2011
    Blood, action, romance. Super Meat Boy Ultra Edition has got it all.
  3. May 3, 2011
    Oldschool-Jump and Run at its finest!