8.3

1. Nov 1, 2013
    This game relies solely on luck. I'm only playing it to get the achievements; otherwise, I wouldn't waste my time. Leaderboards are a joke, as players have found ways to beat levels in 0.00 seconds. This game was also clearly made for the Xbox as some menu buttons don't even work (space bar to accept option changes is completely unresponsive, for example) and Xbox controls are shown inThis game relies solely on luck. I'm only playing it to get the achievements; otherwise, I wouldn't waste my time. Leaderboards are a joke, as players have found ways to beat levels in 0.00 seconds. This game was also clearly made for the Xbox as some menu buttons don't even work (space bar to accept option changes is completely unresponsive, for example) and Xbox controls are shown in a few areas. I'm not having any fun playing this game anymore—it's more of an assignment now. Expand
  2. AWG
    Jun 21, 2013
    Why is a console controller HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for a PC game? Is it because a keyboard is not indie enough? If you can't properly port a game, just don't do it. But I suppose that not having your game on the PC market is not indie enough...
    Super Meat Boy is a frustrating game you can only beat by repeating and repeating and repeating and repeating and repeating and repeating the same action again and again and again.
    Well, I guess suffering from OCD is indie enough at least.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    I'm not sure if I've ever slammed my keyboard as much as I do when playing this game. This game is frustrating, damn difficult and very unforgiving. I have never died so many times in a game before on a single level. Despite the extreme difficulty though, I loved every minute I spent playing this game. The levels are ingeniously detailed and varied, with many obstacles in your way such asI'm not sure if I've ever slammed my keyboard as much as I do when playing this game. This game is frustrating, damn difficult and very unforgiving. I have never died so many times in a game before on a single level. Despite the extreme difficulty though, I loved every minute I spent playing this game. The levels are ingeniously detailed and varied, with many obstacles in your way such as spinning saws and bottomless pits. The levels are also very short, so when (not if) you die, you will not have to constantly repeat huge segments. The game's music is also incredible and really just makes you want to keep playing even if you've died 50 times already on the level you're trying. This is a really great game that I can't recommend enough. Just make sure you don't break your keyboard out of frustration. Expand
  4. Jun 16, 2013
    Nice atmospheric fast game, but too buggy (Linux version from Humble Bundle seems like stable, but Windows version from steam is full of bugs). It's annoying when game freezes or crashes on "hot" moment. And it makes me angry, when saves are broken. Again.
  5. Feb 13, 2014
    Skillbased 2D side-scrolling platformer at it's finest a must have!

This will get you through some tough emotions. It will make you rage, cry, despair, break stuff but it will also deliver you an unbelievable amount of fun!
  6. Jul 13, 2013
    Truly lives up to its name of being one of the toughest platformers out there. It makes you rage a lot and I found it to be a hell of an experience playing it. There's no better feeling of beating a hard platformer for a gamer like myself. It was very long and can be played for quite some time. It is DEFINITELY worth the price if you like platformers. If you like hard platformers, marryTruly lives up to its name of being one of the toughest platformers out there. It makes you rage a lot and I found it to be a hell of an experience playing it. There's no better feeling of beating a hard platformer for a gamer like myself. It was very long and can be played for quite some time. It is DEFINITELY worth the price if you like platformers. If you like hard platformers, marry Team Meat. (The Developers) Expand
  7. Jul 13, 2013
    Overall, Super Meat Boy for the PC is an eight. Although Super Meat Boy is a simple yet great looking game with many fantastically designed levels, I feel like the game 'cheats' too much. By this I mean unfair deaths. Most of the time when a player dies, the player will feel like it is their fault for the death. And just because Super Meat Boy is challenging does NOT mean it's unfair. IOverall, Super Meat Boy for the PC is an eight. Although Super Meat Boy is a simple yet great looking game with many fantastically designed levels, I feel like the game 'cheats' too much. By this I mean unfair deaths. Most of the time when a player dies, the player will feel like it is their fault for the death. And just because Super Meat Boy is challenging does NOT mean it's unfair. I seem to die too often by the game not responding to my key presses when I jump or sway (and no, my keyboard is not wireless or cheap). The other issue that bothers me about the PC version are the control settings. There's no way to change the awkward spacing of the controls. Setting aside the rage moments, Super Meat Boy is a fun and challenging platformer with fantastic art design, epic music that will rock your socks, and overall challenging levels that will put your skills to the test. Expand
  8. Jul 23, 2013
    a original game that will have you breaking everything you own in rage, comes at an amazing price, if I had to sum up this game I would say that ITS SO FUC KING HARD!!!!!
  9. Jul 20, 2013
    It's a good game and a nice tribute to old hardcore platform games. There are some great qualities to the game, but there are equally negative traits that make the game more frustrating than hard.

1) I actually didn't find this game as difficult as people claim it to be. I think I burned through the game in a matter of 2 or 3 days very quickly. The puzzles will be very difficult to a casual platform gamer, but to people who can handle games like Megaman X6, this will only feel above average in difficulty.

2) I don't know if it's just me, but I find the controls unresponsive on the PC version. Sometimes it won't jump when I know for a fact I pressed jumped. I've even tested this while standing still and I know I'm not crazy. Sometimes the jump will not register and for twitch sensitive moments in the game, this is bad. You could have amazing reflexes and still die simply because a jump didn't register when it should have. I've also had issues where if you switch between left and right too quickly, it locks the control in the last direction pressed. I've died many times when I pressed left, but my character kept going right. In anycase, the unresponsive controls got me killed more times than the difficulty of the levels has. That's not cool.

3) The level design puzzles are amazing providing some really entertaining jumping puzzles, but the level design visuals are not. I don't mean that in the "this is crappy graphics" kind of way. It's the fact that it's extremely difficult sometimes to tell what is capable of killing you and what isn't. Other platform games make your enemies obvious. I've spent quite a bit of time "testing" what killed me and what didn't. A player should never have to do that.

4) I really enjoy the music and it adds a nice bit of energy, but not much. I think the game could do with some catchier rhythms to make the adrenaline rush much smoother.

Overall, it's a great game with great level designs and puzzles, but in terms of quality, I feel like this game carries design and technical flaws that forces me to rate it lower than platform games I've enjoyed in the 90s. Gameplay mechanics like forcing me to learn timing, memorization, etc are fine. Forcing me to squint at the screen to try and discern what objects are what is not.
  10. Jul 29, 2013
    perfect for the masochist 12 year old. Difficult for the sake of being difficult, unintuitive controls (on top of that insults non-gamepad users).

There's little variation in game play, obstacles, etc. and the story is cookie cutter.

Still feels like a flash game.
  11. Aug 2, 2013
    This game is incredibly fun.

In my opinion, this is really the only measure by which video games should be rated. You might argue the graphics don't match up to a AAA title. You might argue the story is an excuse plot. You might even argue that some of the humour is immature. And you'd be right. But the game is still a masterpiece in my mind. The real genius of the game is the steep
    This game is incredibly fun.

The real genius of the game is the steep learning curve but incredibly precise controls. Although many of the levels are, quite frankly, absurdly difficult, with practice it will become clear how to progress through the level. Muscle memory is king in this game. Meat Boy becomes your avatar in nearly every sense of the word; if you play long enough, it will get to the point where you know exactly how to maneuver Meat Boy through the mazes of buzzsaws, salt, needles, lasers, and any number of other environmental and sentient hazards.

A word to the wise: if you are looking for a game that can be beaten easily and quickly, this game is not for you. If you are looking for one of the greatest platforming games ever, look no further.
  12. Aug 8, 2013
    The hardest game I have ever played. However that's just what separates it from other platformers, its rewarding when you finally beat that tough level and the creative level design make it a masterpiece
  13. Aug 20, 2013
    A platformer that breaks rule number one for it's genre and of course I mean DON'T MASSACRE THE CONTROLS! On top of the god awful control scheme the game is just boring. They wanna be like retro platformers but they failed to be even as interesting as the original Super Mario Bros. It's sad because I absolutely loved the Binding of Isaac.
  14. Oct 1, 2013
    One of the best platformers I have ever played. Great levels with really good difficulty. There are many different characters to unlock that have special abilities. You can also unlock much harder versions of the original stages. While playing this on the PC, a controller is strongly recommended.
  15. Nov 25, 2013
    Best platformer i have ever played!! Awesome fluid gameplay & creative levels.. but it is so damn HARD!! remember to use gamepad on pc as the keyboard controls suck....
  16. Sep 25, 2013
    This game's the reason behind my screen name. It is amazingly difficult and addictive, as any good game should be, so you always have an incentive to play it through to the end. The story line is enticing and I grew to actually care about the characters, just like you would in a film. The ideas behind the construction of the game, levels (Having an initial "Light world" set of levels andThis game's the reason behind my screen name. It is amazingly difficult and addictive, as any good game should be, so you always have an incentive to play it through to the end. The story line is enticing and I grew to actually care about the characters, just like you would in a film. The ideas behind the construction of the game, levels (Having an initial "Light world" set of levels and when you've aced those you unlock the more challenging "Dark World" levels) is great, and the cut scenes are the icing on the cake.

tl;dr it makes mario look like a pile of arse

Probably my favourite game ever.
  17. Oct 13, 2013
    technical Issues 5 ]
    ------------------------------------
    Over All 6.6
  18. Oct 26, 2013
    This game is good,some people don't like it because it's hard,but that means more happiness for the ones who finished it.
    The story it's simple but amazing
    It follows the path:The girl is kidnapped,you find her,the doctor sends a monster at you and run in a different location,it repeats over and over and the you beat the doctor and go away with the girl. The unlock able characters give
    The story it's simple but amazing
    The unlock able characters give the game diversity and makes it easier but still hard.
    The music in this game is gorgeous,the music you will like and will pump you with adrenaline.
    So this game is very good and it's not old school,because it's a funny and spontaneous game with a lot of references.
    So one of the best platforming games that ever existed.
  19. Nov 5, 2013
    Fun, hilarious, challenging, inspired, and a prime example that a small team of truly driven artists can create something on par (and better in many ways) with what a lot of big name companies with huge teams are capable of. Super Meat Boy will take your hand-eye and your patience to it's limit all while you laugh at the sheer brilliance that is this game. I've honestly never had soFun, hilarious, challenging, inspired, and a prime example that a small team of truly driven artists can create something on par (and better in many ways) with what a lot of big name companies with huge teams are capable of. Super Meat Boy will take your hand-eye and your patience to it's limit all while you laugh at the sheer brilliance that is this game. I've honestly never had so much fun dying over, and over again. Expand
  20. Nov 5, 2013
    Someone in the reviews actually said this game is "fair". They ought to be a politician. Anyways, Super Meat Boy. It's another faux-retro hardcore platformer because you know, we're in short supply of THOSE.

First thing you'll notice when you power it up is that it has messages like "Anyone who says Keyboard is better than controller get shot in the face", because you know: showing contempt for your audience gets you a 90 on Metacritic. Good.

The next thing you'll notice is that "indie sense of humor" which consists of toilet jokes and references. Always makes me laugh when nerds slam Epic Movie (which don't be confused, is awful) for "only making references" then turn around and praise things like Scott Pilgrim and Super Meat Boy for the same thing because it references things they like. But anyways, it's not funny, but most indie games aren't.

Super Meat Boy's graphics are awful. It's literally a Flash game. Anyone could code it and put it up on Newgrounds for free. Also, since it's coded in flash, it's inconsistent. Here's an example of why the programming in Super Meat Boy is crap: There's a custom level hub (also janked) which includes "auto boy" levels, where the intent is to stand still and not move and the level architecture will carry you to the goal automatically, kind of like a "DDA" map in N (An example of a hardcore platformer done... I wouldn't say "right", but at least "better"). The problem? The results are completely random if you'll make it or not because Flash is more unstable than Syd Barrett. Also, glad to see that Edmund McMllen includes characters from all the other bad indie games (Minecraft, VVVVVV, I Wanna Be The Guy, Braid, etc). I love indie circlejerks. Game sucks. Never play it. Make Edmund McMillen get a real job. 1/10 because it has good music
  21. Nov 8, 2013
    This is one of the best platforming games I have ever played. It can be quite frustrating at time, as you must restart each level if you die. Super Meat Boy is the most precise platformers I have played, and is for experienced gamers. The story line is a parody of most Mario games, and this makes it very enjoyable. Each character is very interesting and the cut-scenes are fun to watch.This is one of the best platforming games I have ever played. It can be quite frustrating at time, as you must restart each level if you die. Super Meat Boy is the most precise platformers I have played, and is for experienced gamers. The story line is a parody of most Mario games, and this makes it very enjoyable. Each character is very interesting and the cut-scenes are fun to watch. For the price this game jam packs a ton of contents and is definitely worth the money. Simply amazing. Expand
  22. Oct 2, 2015
    Tier 2
    + Wickedly polished with some of the best game feel of any platformer
    + Challenging and visceral with aesthetics that compliment gameplay + The addition of extra characters adds some fun content to the game ? An incredibly high commitment is required for completion, only hardcore fans will try ? Difficulty curve is incredible, requires a lot of patience from players - Probably
    Tier 2
    + Wickedly polished with some of the best game feel of any platformer
    + Challenging and visceral with aesthetics that compliment gameplay
    + The addition of extra characters adds some fun content to the game
    ? Difficulty curve is incredible, requires a lot of patience from players
    - Probably inaccessible to non-hardcore players
  23. Nov 18, 2013
    You will die. Thousands and thousands of times. You will rage. You will throw controllers and smash keyboards. And, if you are persistent, you will know the sweet taste of victory.

Super Meat Boy is the pinnacle of platforming. Combining crisp controls with creative and (extremely) challenging levels along with tons of unlockables you'll find Meat Boy scratches the platforming itch.

If you are looking for a good platformer to finish over a weekend, think again. But if you are looking for a true test of your abilities, a test that took me almost two years to 100%, this is the game.
  24. Aug 23, 2014
    I am all about platformers, especially challenging ones. If you hate the feeling of dying over and over again, missing precise jumps by a HAIR and maybe I'll finally get it on my hundredth try SON OF A **** I WAS THIS CLOSE THIS GAME IS STUPID AND UNFAIR ARGH SMASH THE CONTROLLER then you will not like this game. However, if you love the feeling of finally NAILING IT, the overwhelmingI am all about platformers, especially challenging ones. If you hate the feeling of dying over and over again, missing precise jumps by a HAIR and maybe I'll finally get it on my hundredth try SON OF A **** I WAS THIS CLOSE THIS GAME IS STUPID AND UNFAIR ARGH SMASH THE CONTROLLER then you will not like this game. However, if you love the feeling of finally NAILING IT, the overwhelming sense of accomplishment that is the reason we play these games, then there is nothing better than Super Meat Boy. You'll hate it most of the time, but when you love it you will LOVE IT!

The art is very well done. The characters are likable, the environments very interesting and the cut scenes are pretty funny. The music is excellent, if I was the type to listen to game music around this would be on my phone. What takes center stage is the control. Meat Boy is an extension of yourself and will do exactly what you tell him to. I can't rave about this enough. When you're flying through the air you can feel it. When you're sticking to a wall you can feel it. It's a superb achievement by the developer(s). There are also tons of levels, great variety in level design and mechanics, plenty of unlockables (including the unbelievably hard to get protagonist from I Want To Be The Guy, took me hours to get him), plenty of secrets... right now Steam says I have played 56 hours, pretty remarkable for a platformer.

I thought about rating this a 9 for one simple reason - an extremely frustrating bug that would make certain game objects (like walls of buzz saws) move too fast to get some secrets. I think it was a problem with the objects moving based on a fixed frame rate for the xbox that didn't translate correctly to PC. I was able to work around it somehow - it was a while ago and I don't remember what I did - but it was EXTREMELY frustrating. I wouldn't be surprised if this problem was patched by now though.

Read my first paragraph again. If it rings true for you then you already know you need this game.
  25. Apr 16, 2014
    Really hardcore platformer with amazing graphics and soundtrack. Handling with controller is fabulous, there was no moment when I was blaming this game for failure and it is important about games like this. Just perfect.
  26. Dec 14, 2013
    This game was super hard platforming game which made me rage, hit my desk, and screamed at Dr. Fetus. This game gets an 8 because of the even harder controls on a PC if using a keyboard. I could not beat this game, it took me over 200 tries to complete the first boss. This game stays at an 8 because of the characters available for PC making the game easier, also you can plug in aThis game was super hard platforming game which made me rage, hit my desk, and screamed at Dr. Fetus. This game gets an 8 because of the even harder controls on a PC if using a keyboard. I could not beat this game, it took me over 200 tries to complete the first boss. This game stays at an 8 because of the characters available for PC making the game easier, also you can plug in a controller which is good too for the PC. Team Meat thanks for this game! Expand
  27. Jan 2, 2014
    This is by far, the most fun I've had with a platforming game in a very long time. And also probably the best platformer from the last five years. Let me just say, I like this more than Mario. There, I said it. It is freaking better than Mario. The controls (while you might not call the arrow keys and spacebar good controls) are so fluid, that I feel like the keyboard is part of my hand.This is by far, the most fun I've had with a platforming game in a very long time. And also probably the best platformer from the last five years. Let me just say, I like this more than Mario. There, I said it. It is freaking better than Mario. The controls (while you might not call the arrow keys and spacebar good controls) are so fluid, that I feel like the keyboard is part of my hand. It's the simple joy of trial-and-error platforming. So, It's like Mario Wii, but three times harder, three times more fun, and none of that "super guide" crap that got you through the levels when you were five. I'll admit it can be a little too frustrating at times, but that just teaches you to get better. And what can be said about the music? It's good. It's really good. It's Super Mario Galaxy good. 8-Bit rock and roll per-freaking-fection good. It just adds to the amazing and frustrating experience of...

SUPER MEAT BOY!!!!
    (And sorry for comparing it to Mario so much. Mario is a natural scale of good platforming, and the only one that absolutely EVERYBODY would recognize.)
  28. Jan 1, 2014
    Perfect, beautiful, amazing, challenging, awesome, funny, probably the best platformer ever made.
    Difficult, but still fun, even when you had to try again 500 times. A must have game!!!!
  29. Jan 27, 2014
    One of the worst games I've ever played, very stupid, without humor, you only need to click buttons quickly and aptly. Game is difficult but success depends on luck because beyond stupid clicking the game has nothing to offer. I don't recommend it unless you have nothing to do, and nerves of steel. I bought it for a little more than 1€ so it isn't a tragedy, according to me this is theOne of the worst games I've ever played, very stupid, without humor, you only need to click buttons quickly and aptly. Game is difficult but success depends on luck because beyond stupid clicking the game has nothing to offer. I don't recommend it unless you have nothing to do, and nerves of steel. I bought it for a little more than 1€ so it isn't a tragedy, according to me this is the real value of this **** Expand
  30. Jan 28, 2014
    Great game with or without a gamepad. So much fun to play and watch others play. Very difficult but very rewarding, not the biggest fan of retro platformers but this one definitely kept me entertained.
  31. Feb 27, 2014
    The hate-it-or-love-it-game.

I absolutely love the game. The graphics are somewhat far beyond 1995 but the characters, gameplay, achievs and also the story are freaking fantastic. Try 'I wanna be the guy' in order to check your ambition for this type of game. There is also the flash version of Meat Boy somewhere around in the web. Check your ambition before buying. Can't say it often
    The hate-it-or-love-it-game.

I absolutely love the game.

The graphics are somewhat far beyond 1995 but the characters, gameplay, achievs and also the story are freaking fantastic. Try 'I wanna be the guy' in order to check your ambition for this type of game. There is also the flash version of Meat Boy somewhere around in the web. Check your ambition before buying. Can't say it often enough.

I used x360 controller from the beginning. As the effing thing went dead I had to play with keyboard for some days. Absolutely not playable. So be sure to have som Gamepad.

I hope there will be other good plattformers coming in the future times. Until that I will continue trying to beat some of the finger-crippling hardmode levels that Super Meat Boy offers.

Now get going and kick some Fetus-asses or play some more days in Sims3 or some sort of pony riding game :)
  32. Apr 15, 2014
    И ещё одна супер хардкорная игрушка под название Супер Мясо Пацан уже готова заставить вас заменить две а то и три клавиатуры и натереть вам кровавые мозоли на пальцах! Для гетто тащеров можно произвести замену всего компьютера по желанию :) Игра очень сложная и требует очень много времени дабы её пройти(ну или попробовать пройти). Лично я прошёл только 2 главы из всех(не помню сколькоИ ещё одна супер хардкорная игрушка под название Супер Мясо Пацан уже готова заставить вас заменить две а то и три клавиатуры и натереть вам кровавые мозоли на пальцах! Для гетто тащеров можно произвести замену всего компьютера по желанию :) Игра очень сложная и требует очень много времени дабы её пройти(ну или попробовать пройти). Лично я прошёл только 2 главы из всех(не помню сколько их, 10 или где то так). По этому я ставлю ей 9/10. И помните, если у вас слабая психика и вы не хотите загубить и её - не играйте в Супер Мясного Пацана!!! Expand
  33. May 26, 2014
    My absolute #1 game of all time, the controls are completely fantastic and the way you move is exactly how a 2D platform is supposed to function, and with over 200 levels and an online mode, this game is amazing.
  34. Jun 10, 2014
    Magnífico juego para ver gran cantidad de mecánicas de los juegos de plataformas. Muy interesante para desarrolladores que quieran hacer un juego de este tipo. Buena compra calidad-precio.
  35. Jun 22, 2014
    It's an awesome game! One of the best games that I have played!! I really enjoy it and I would definitely recommend it.
    However, let me warn you, it's a difficult game, I looked into my statistics and I have died already 2000 times when I was into 7 hours of play (which include video, loading time, and level control selection)!
  36. Jun 26, 2014
    In my opinion this is one of the two best platform games ever made; the other being Super Mario World. The controls are intuitive and responsive. You die a lot but it never feels unfair. It's a tough game but you always feel a few tweaks, a bit more practise and you'll beat the level. The level design is brilliant and the difficulty curve progressive. You'll look back at levels you thoughtIn my opinion this is one of the two best platform games ever made; the other being Super Mario World. The controls are intuitive and responsive. You die a lot but it never feels unfair. It's a tough game but you always feel a few tweaks, a bit more practise and you'll beat the level. The level design is brilliant and the difficulty curve progressive. You'll look back at levels you thought challenging an hour ago and chuckle at how trivial they now seem. In summary a brilliant game that will give you sweaty hands! Oh .. don't play without a controller. Expand
  37. Jul 21, 2014
    Super Meat Boy is designed around one thing, platforming. It does this supremely well, and everything else in the game is designed to augment and enhance the platforming experience.

As you might imagine, the game play is everything here, and it’s perfectly executed. The controls take time to get used to, but once that happens (10+ hours in) you will be able to understand and exploit levels implicitly. Also, as you might have heard, SMB is HARD, especially on the final world and dark worlds. However it is always fair to you. It never tries to trick you or ambush you, levels never change, and you know that if you die it was your mistimed keystroke/button-mash that did it. The fun comes from trying out new strategies to get through the assault course before you, and the joy you’ll feel from completing a level you’ve been stuck on for the last 45 minutes is unlike many other gaming experiences. This sets it apart from games like "I wanna be the guy" which is an exercise in masochism. Also, once you die, and you will die a lot, the level immediately resets, which cuts down on the boring waiting between level attempts (only the warp zones and glitch zones don’t which is kind of annoying).

The sound design is phenomenal. Seriously, phenomenal. I can't think of many other games that have such a well crafted score, especially for an indie game. It always captures just the right mood for the level you are in: easy, difficult, zany, hectic, epic, cute, apocalyptic, tense, it's all there. It also makes it easier to replay a level for the 50th time since you get to listen to such a great track again. The music style is fast paced and reminiscent of old arcade games, which is a nice nod to its roots.

The story is not really designed to be immersive, like many other A* games out there, but instead provides a very enjoyable backdrop for your platforming, full of quirky humour and irreverence. The lightheartedness of the story perfectly offsets the brutal difficulty of the game, and the humour makes you laugh when you should be throwing your controller across the room. The characters never speak, but the story is conveyed through facial expressions and a narrator, both contributing to an arcade like atmosphere that doesn’t take itself too seriously, making for an awesome game.

The graphics, much like the soundtrack, are not the centre of the game, but make the platforming easier and more enjoyable. The sets are colourful and vibrant, and each world has its own distinctive theme to it. Contrast between platform, player and background is good and crisp, meaning you won’t get confused during your hectic level dashes. The cinematics between worlds are high quality and serve to move the story along.

Even once you beat a level, that’s not it. There’s so much more to do to unlock other interesting characters and achievements. Beat the level timed runs, collect bandages, beat the dark worlds, beat warp zones, beat glitch zones, and for those who’s badassery is measured in MCkN (mega Chuck Norrises) and have already done all that, go on Super Meat Boy world/Teh Internets and try to complete some of the fan made stuff there.

It’s also really nice to see characters appearing from other indie games, included as additional unlockable characters with special abilities that your titular protagonist does not have. This allows you to try out another character if super meat boy can’t get that one bandage you need to collect.

This game should really get a 10, and is the best platformer I’ve ever played. Why only a 9 then? For me at least, it’s the buggiest game I’ve ever played. I play the steam version on Windows Vista, and crashes during loading are commonplace, though thankfully not often during very long and difficult levels. I don’t know if its Steam’s fault, since I’ve had problems with a number of incompletely function Steam versions of games (e.g. Max Payne), but I can only rate my experience, so there it is.

Now, Super Meat Boy is not a broad game. If you don’t like platforming, don’t buy it. If you don’t like a game to test your resolve and challenge you skill to their limits, don’t buy it. It is a tightly formed, focused, perfectly crafted, exceptionally fun platformer and its completion is designed to be a badge of honour letting the internet know how awesome you are.

Buy it. Try it. Get killed. Lots.
  38. Nov 15, 2014
    Distilling platforming to its purest essence, Super Meat Boy is challenging but never unforgiving or unfair. The levels are short and sweet, and the sheer amount of them provide endless hours of fun.
  39. Dec 14, 2014
    This game is hard, which I don't have any problems with. However, I find it laggy and that is very annoying. This is a game for you who like trial by error games and have a great amount of patience. Not fun according to me.
  40. Jan 2, 2015
    This is an amazing game that is personally one of my favorites if not my favorite. I see a few reviews bashing it for its difficulty. Disregard these! Do NOT buy this game unless you are into extremely difficult trial and error based gameplay. That is what the game is known for. Even years after I got the game I'm still having fun with it. I'll admit you certainly need to get in shape toThis is an amazing game that is personally one of my favorites if not my favorite. I see a few reviews bashing it for its difficulty. Disregard these! Do NOT buy this game unless you are into extremely difficult trial and error based gameplay. That is what the game is known for. Even years after I got the game I'm still having fun with it. I'll admit you certainly need to get in shape to try any of the harder levels, but that comes quickly. I love all the crazy achievements of the game, and personally I think it is one of the best deals out there. For just a couple of dollars and a lot of patience you get basically unlimited entertainment. My ONLY complaint is the fans. Some levels contain fans, and I think they are a little unpredictable at times. This isn't a major problem though. Aside from this, the game runs perfectly. In terms of stress on the computer it is very light. I can easily run it with 60 fps on my 5 year old macbook (yes I know that isn't your ideal gaming machine). Wait for a steam sale, and snag this game next time its cheap!!! Expand
  41. Mar 9, 2015
    Have you ever picked up a video game and instantly fell in love with it? I have, and growing up in the early 90's with popular consoles like the 'Super Nintendo' and the 'Sega Genesis' have given many platformers extremely nostalgic feelings for me. Then I got older and video games changed just as much as I did and when I came back to them many years later I found that they had turned intoHave you ever picked up a video game and instantly fell in love with it? I have, and growing up in the early 90's with popular consoles like the 'Super Nintendo' and the 'Sega Genesis' have given many platformers extremely nostalgic feelings for me. Then I got older and video games changed just as much as I did and when I came back to them many years later I found that they had turned into something that I didn't understand, appreciate, or recognize. Every game seemed to blend in with the ones around it, and I wasn't all that happy with the majority of games that I was playing. This is the game that changed that.

'Super Meat Boy' is easily one of the best games that I have ever played and rivals some of the greatest platformers of all time like 'Mario Bros', 'Castlevania', 'Mega Man', and so on and so forth. This game put 2D platforming, along with indie gaming back on the map for many people because everything about it is simply amazing. From the soundtrack, to the controls, to the level design, to the insanity of it all; 'Super Meat Boy' will keep you addicted until the very end. And just when you think you've mastered it all, you discover there are even harder versions of each and every level that you've already played. If you are at all into side-scrollers this is a must buy. Hell, this is a must buy even if you aren't.
  42. Sep 10, 2015
    To sum it up in three words: Difficult but fair. This is what a platformer game should be like. Responsive controls, very fast gameplay, and challenging obstacles. Add the cute story and cool boss fights and you got a recipe for the best platforming game. If graphics were just a little bit better, I'd gave it a 10.
  43. Oct 24, 2015
    Super Meat Boy is an independent video game designed by Edmund McMillen and Tommy Refenes and developed by Team Meat. It is the successor to McMillen and Jonathan McEntee's October 2008 Flash game Meat Boy.
  44. Jun 21, 2016
    Challenging, fast paced platformer with super responsive controls.

If you have been living under a rock till now and have never heard of this game it's time to get out and see what this game is all about. And it is a good game. One of the best platformers in existence. Super tight controls and rather difficult levels are working great for this game. There is no story. Nor does it
    Challenging, fast paced platformer with super responsive controls.

There is no story. Nor does it feel like there should be. Well - there is sort of story, you're a meat boy on a quest to save bandage girl from doctor featus. Yup - that's actually what it is. But the gameplay itself is so fun and addictive it's hard to walk away from it.

The levels are fairly short but well designed. Their length however is short on purpose and it's a good thing. Because you will die a lot, but once you master timings correctly completing a level will feel really satisfying.

I highly recommend this game to anyone. Just do yourself a favour and play it with controller.
  45. Oct 30, 2017
    Es un buen juego para pasar el rato, divertirte, ponerte loco y orgulloso cuando pasas un nivel. Recomendable si eres de esas personas que no saben que hacer a las 3 AM.
  46. Apr 7, 2017
    It's a good platformer, but it is hard to the point of being unfair a little too often. Unlike most hard games, super meat boy is not rewarding but frustrating. I fail to see how people find this game enjoyable.
  47. Jul 22, 2016
    This game is a difficult platformer. And as far as difficult games go, this is one of the best. The game is strong in level design, so this game ends ups not being very frustrating. Sometimes button presses are a bit unresponsive, especially in the later levels, which brings the frustration up, and the score down, but it doesn't ruin the experience. And when you finish the game, there'sThis game is a difficult platformer. And as far as difficult games go, this is one of the best. The game is strong in level design, so this game ends ups not being very frustrating. Sometimes button presses are a bit unresponsive, especially in the later levels, which brings the frustration up, and the score down, but it doesn't ruin the experience. And when you finish the game, there's still the dark world, bandages, warp zones, and the bonus world. The bandages and warp zones actually have a purpose, they both serve as ways to unlock characters. Which are from different games, and have different abilities. The dark world and bonus world are for bragging rights. So if your a completionist, there's still some content that will keep you entertained. Super Meat Boy is overall, worth the $14.99. It can be frustrating at times, and buttons can be a bit unresponsive, but it's not a big deal. 9/10. Expand
  48. Aug 9, 2016
    Super meat boy is definitely a masterpiece... and a good challenge!

The Good: -Good pixel art -Nice soundtracks -Very good and responsible controls -Fun, challenging and addictive -Unique boss battles -Funny cut scenes -Replay of your deaths after beating a level -Amazing level design -A lot of content, unlockables and levels The Bad: -It can be a bit hard and sometimes
    Super meat boy is definitely a masterpiece... and a good challenge!

The Good:
    -Good pixel art
    -Nice soundtracks
    -Very good and responsible controls
    -Fun, challenging and addictive
    -Unique boss battles
    -Funny cut scenes
    -Replay of your deaths after beating a level
    -Amazing level design
    -A lot of content, unlockables and levels

The Bad:
    -It can be a bit hard and sometimes frustrating because of that.

49. Aug 26, 2016
    Absolutely one of my favorite games. Totally challenging but very satisfactory. Controls are snappy as hell, levels are very well designed and music is superb! There should be more indie like this. Re-playable at any moment!
  50. Feb 1, 2017
    My favorite game ever made. It has incredibly tight controls, making the brilliant level design challenging but fair. The soundtrack is among the best, with its variety between retro and metal(?) music. People who down vote either have a **** PC, can't handle the difficulty, or don't realize that this game is catered to a certain audience (or get tilted by one thing and give it a badMy favorite game ever made. It has incredibly tight controls, making the brilliant level design challenging but fair. The soundtrack is among the best, with its variety between retro and metal(?) music. People who down vote either have a **** PC, can't handle the difficulty, or don't realize that this game is catered to a certain audience (or get tilted by one thing and give it a bad review). The beautiful and polished art style highlights Meat Boy's smooth animations. The retro and dark world levels also add a nice bit of variety. Just when I'm getting frustrated, I complete a level and feel empowered to continue further. This game hits the perfect balance between difficult and fair. The variety in characters and controls is refreshing. I highly recommend it to those who aren't the kinds of people I described above. Expand
  51. Nov 20, 2017
    This game is the bomb, if you like dying over and over again. Solid controls and enough difficulty for anyone. I would not recommend this to anyone with issues with hate management as it arouses as much feelings of despair and rage as it does fulfillment and joy . Great game.

Indie gaming at its retro-loving best, with some of the most cunningly-designed and purposefully infuriating 2D gameplay of the year.
  2. Jun 1, 2011
    Blood, action, romance. Super Meat Boy Ultra Edition has got it all.
  3. May 3, 2011
    Oldschool-Jump and Run at its finest!