3.6

1. Apr 29, 2012
    One of my favorite games now. It's brand new and does need some development time but that is the nature of a new MOBA.

That actual game play is incredibly fun but the learning curve is steep. I highly recommend trying out SMNC for yourself. It is free to play after all.
  2. May 2, 2012
    A cool game for cool kids. This sequel to Monday Night Combat takes all of the original cast, and expands on that with more than double the classes and a plan to continually release more as time goes on. Compared to the original, SMNC takes a step further into the direction of the MOBA genre. If you're a fan of LoL/HoN/DotA and TF2, you should enjoy this game.
  3. May 3, 2012
    SMNC is a fun blend of a MOBA and Third Person Shooter. Two five-man teams face off in a futuristic battlefield, vying for each other's Money Ball (a giant orb held within each team's base). The goal is to stay alive, while defeating other Pros (the enemy team players) and destroying the enemy's bots as they march toward your base.
    Each character has a unique set of abilities and skills
    Each character has a unique set of abilities and skills and fall within five class categories (sharpshooter, commando, striker, enforcer, defender). Uber Entertainment promises that more characters will be added as time goes on. About six characters are free at any given time and they are rotated about once a week. If a player really likes a particular one, he may purchase the character with in game "combat coins", which are earned at the end of each match or real money, via Steam Wallet.
    This game is highly team oriented and very enjoyable when a team is working together. Even when selecting a character (Pro), the player must consider whether this Pro will mesh well with the other Pros on her team. In game, you must work well with your team to destroy your enemy. This game was not made for playing alone. Being alone or trying to take out a group of enemies solo will most likely end in death. To some new players, this game gives the appearance of a Death Match, but it is not.
    The game is fun. The character/announcer dialogue is funny and entertaining. Matches can get really exciting, whether the enemy team is pushing into your base and you're rushing to defend it or if you are pushing into the enemy's base, with the Money Ball in your sights. There are still a few problems with the game. New players seem to have trouble figuring out what to do and how to play. Uber Entertainment has promised a tutorial in the future. Also matchmaking has been recently implemented, but still places experienced players with new players. From my own experience, matchmaking has been slowly improving, matching me against more experienced players, but every now and then I still get set against a team of brand new players.
    The game is still young now, but Uber Entertainment has mentioned creating new game modes, along with adding new Pros and maps. I enjoy this aspect of expansion, allowing the game to maintain a new feeling, instead of just remaining stagnant. Overall, SMNC is a fun, hilarious, entertaining blend of a MOBA and Third Person Shooter. The game still has a few issues, but it seems like those issues are being addressed or worked on and should be remedied in the future.
  4. May 3, 2012
    Takes some fun ideas and puts them into a fun game full of action. Still has a few things that need to be ironed out. Everyone is complaining about matchmaking but do you remember LoL when you first played? Those first 10 levels were filled with smurfs just dominating the game. Everyone should give this game a chance. It is tons of fun.
  5. Apr 20, 2012
    MNC was released in early 2011 and was advertised as a â
  6. May 3, 2012
    Take Team fortress 2 and DOTA/LOL and throw them in a blender, make some tweaks and you have SMNC in a nutshell.

Third person MOBA or ARTS is what SMNC is. Unlike the original MNC, SMNC has decided to focus on the MOBA aspects of the first game. Towers are now fixed, player kills mean a lot less and good teamwork is what it takes to win. SMNC isnt MNC, and it seems many expect it to be

SMNC isnt MNC, and it seems many expect it to be just like the original, a shooter with MOBA aspects tacked of. The reality though is that SMNC is a MOBA with shooter aspects tacked on. It is a game that you will enjoy if you play well with a team that coordinates well, or hate if you try to play like rambo.

Prices of skins and such seem a bit high, but really aren't that bad considering SMNC is F2P and is pay 2 pretty rather than pay2win like some of the newer F2P games on the market.
    Good gameplay balance is definitely more important that cheap skins IMO.

The rules have changed, and if you like MOBA type games and shooters, have a look at SMNC.
    If you are a hardcore FPS player who cannot do anything other than rambo and whine when you can't 360 noscope, don't even bother.
  7. May 3, 2012
    The game is amazing and goofy in a charming kind of way,Its like a Super Smash Brothers multiplayer DOTA like shooter...its f*cking fun. I give it a 9 now but over time(because these super awesome developers are always adding new content) its going to be a 10+
  8. Jun 22, 2012
    I've been playing SMNC since the Invitational (closed beta) period, and contrary to what people may say, it's quite a good game. Balance is constantly being adjusted based on community feedback and Uber's own data and observations. New content is added weekly, ranging from community-inspired content to things no one has thought of. The game's humor is a spot-on parody of majorI've been playing SMNC since the Invitational (closed beta) period, and contrary to what people may say, it's quite a good game. Balance is constantly being adjusted based on community feedback and Uber's own data and observations. New content is added weekly, ranging from community-inspired content to things no one has thought of. The game's humor is a spot-on parody of major sportscasting, with a sprinkling of dystopian society. The characters are amusing, the arenas offer something for everyone, and it's generally an enjoyable experience. Matchmaking gets the worst bashing out of anything, but it's in the works. Recently, some changes were made that, in my experience, drastically improved the quality of games.

A few warnings: It's a hybrid of third person shooting and the gametype established by DotA. You can shoot, yes, but only shoot and you're on the road to defeat. Strategic thinking and cooperation are far more important than in other games. This isn't Monday Night Combat 2, either. It takes elements used in the first and revises them. Lastly, don't let anyone tell you it's pay to win in any way, because the only way to get an advantage over your opponents is to play. Over all, give it a shot if you'd like a change of pace, but if you're going to bash it, think things out and make sure you're giving an honest analysis instead of bashing a genre that just doesn't work for you.
  9. May 3, 2012
    Not MNC2, but actually way better. A perfect DotA shooter hybrid that now takes up all my time. With a wide variety of pros, weekly updates, tons of customization, and unlocks this game is sure to keep you busy as well.
  10. May 3, 2012
    This game is much more heavily MOBA than MNC, so if you hate MOBAs, you won't like this game. However, for the MOBA fan, this is an incredible game. Funny, full of personality, great mixture of FPS and MOBA, and very fun and addicting. The developers update the game every week, and are very active on the forums as well. It's everything you could ask for in an Indie game and more!
  11. May 3, 2012
    In this game you can destroy robots while playing as Leonardo da Vinci. If your not already exited then I'm starting to think there is something strange about you.
  12. May 14, 2012
    SMNC is a great game, it's a great mix of a third person shooter with a MOBA game. It's not MNC 2, and I thank Uber for that, this games requires strategy, which makes it awesome. However, it has its issues, grapples should be calculated in the client instead of the server, if you have a high latency, you're a bit screwed. Prices in the store are a bit high, specially cosmetics. There areSMNC is a great game, it's a great mix of a third person shooter with a MOBA game. It's not MNC 2, and I thank Uber for that, this games requires strategy, which makes it awesome. However, it has its issues, grapples should be calculated in the client instead of the server, if you have a high latency, you're a bit screwed. Prices in the store are a bit high, specially cosmetics. There are a bit of balance issues, like the support heal/hurt gun's slow feature being a bit too much, Megabeth's close range damage/whirlwind being retarded and Sin's diving capabilities.
    However, the fun you can get out of this game compensates for most of this. When you get a good team, it's a real joy to play, being able to surprise your enemies, entertaining them so your teammates can push/get annihilator/defend, it's just too good to be true gameplay-wise.
  13. May 21, 2012
    Just a wonderful tower defense game, with a lot of customization. Great amount of characters and even a way to get them free without the need to spend a lot of many to advance. Really good game, recommended for a pc gamer. It has the greatness of dota in a Third Person Shooter
  14. Jul 19, 2012
    A fun moba game with third person shooter elements, feels balanced and gets updated frequently
    this game is similar to the original MNC but with more characters and many changes
    You often get matched with feeders on your team but other than that the game is great
  15. Aug 7, 2012
    SMNC is a third-person MOBA (if you haven't found out already) that is a large expansion upon the original Monday Night Combat that delivers a different thrill with new characters and game play. They constantly are adding on to the game which is nice for some flaws like the sometimes super long waiting time. The game has a drop out system where if a character drops out he obtains a severeSMNC is a third-person MOBA (if you haven't found out already) that is a large expansion upon the original Monday Night Combat that delivers a different thrill with new characters and game play. They constantly are adding on to the game which is nice for some flaws like the sometimes super long waiting time. The game has a drop out system where if a character drops out he obtains a severe penalty where he can't play until the match has finished which a match is usually around 25-50 minutes and he gets a decrease in his XP and CC income, even if he joins back. So let's lay it out, the game is pretty new flaws that are constantly being fixed, new things everyday or it seems, lovable characters, and fun game play. Expand
  16. Jun 26, 2012
    Fantastically fun game. I came from TF2 and this environment is a hell of a lot more team-oriented than that game while still retaining some great humor. There is interesting ways to customize your Pros (playable characters) using endorsements that give you stat increases permanently (health regen, max health increase, accuracy increase, critical hit chance/damage increase, etc.) and thereFantastically fun game. I came from TF2 and this environment is a hell of a lot more team-oriented than that game while still retaining some great humor. There is interesting ways to customize your Pros (playable characters) using endorsements that give you stat increases permanently (health regen, max health increase, accuracy increase, critical hit chance/damage increase, etc.) and there are also products that affect your character in interesting ways, such as leaving a bomb upon death that does AoE damage to enemies or a product that makes your grappling attacks do fire DoTs. I like how light-hearted the game is and it helps to ease my frustration.

This game honestly is a masterpiece of DotA and Third Person Shooters mixed. Try it and learn how to effectively play it before deciding how much you like it. PvP, as you may already know, isn't always forgiving to newcomers, so try to learn the ropes before rating!
  17. Jun 2, 2012
    the game is really cool and addictive. But whoever responsible for marketing and the advertisement should be fire. u know all shooter game , ping matters and in my area (asia server) there are not enough people to make a match. if u live in us east or europe u have have no problem finding matches, i really recommend this game. this game will also need and co-op vs ai, since mosts of thethe game is really cool and addictive. But whoever responsible for marketing and the advertisement should be fire. u know all shooter game , ping matters and in my area (asia server) there are not enough people to make a match. if u live in us east or europe u have have no problem finding matches, i really recommend this game. this game will also need and co-op vs ai, since mosts of the new comer will be meat for old players. there is definitely a need to add this mode for this game to success. Expand
  18. Jun 19, 2012
    This game has quickly become my new addiction. I see many complaints from people who say they can not get a good game out of this games matchmaking, however, 90% of the time these are the same people who all of us who are decent at the game hate being paired up with. The people who have never played a MOBA style game in their life or just aren't willing to adapt what they do know to SMNC.This game has quickly become my new addiction. I see many complaints from people who say they can not get a good game out of this games matchmaking, however, 90% of the time these are the same people who all of us who are decent at the game hate being paired up with. The people who have never played a MOBA style game in their life or just aren't willing to adapt what they do know to SMNC. Even when i first started playing I would get matched up with people from time to time who would come in, die 5 times by running head first into the other team, and then leave the game and go complain that it was the matchmakings fault that they are terrible. Granted, the matchmaking is in no way perfect. I have in fact been put into matches here and there against players who legitimately outmatched me in every way, but this is still a young game and as we speak the company is working on their matchmaking systems as well as continuing to work on adding new things and improve balance. Long ques are another issue I hear about a lot, but the simple solution to that is that there simply aren't enough people playing the game consistently. Personally I don't see why not, as I said I fell in love with the game from day 1. To all of you giving the game lower scores simply because of the que times, maybe you should try and be part of the solution instead. Get more people playing and the que times will go down. I can see this game being a big success with the continued efforts of the devs, and I hope to be playing and supporting them every step of the way Expand
  19. Jul 15, 2012
    I've always been a fan for shooter games, and just recently started getting into moba/dota type games, this game blends those styles together in the most amazing way. I can say that I've never enjoyed a game so much before ever. I have to say that it's not very easy when you first start out, but once you get the hang of what do do, its amazing fun, and once you invest the effort and timeI've always been a fan for shooter games, and just recently started getting into moba/dota type games, this game blends those styles together in the most amazing way. I can say that I've never enjoyed a game so much before ever. I have to say that it's not very easy when you first start out, but once you get the hang of what do do, its amazing fun, and once you invest the effort and time to get good at it it's very rewarding. 10/10 ! Expand
  20. Dec 18, 2012
    If MNC was checkers, SMNC is chess. SMNC is a free to play, slower paced more thought out version of what Monday Night Combat was; less of a twitch shooter, straying away from one hit kill attacks. 17 Different pros to choose from in 5 different categories to suit your play style. This game combines third person shooting with MOBA style gameplay. Your goal as a Pro is to push your botsIf MNC was checkers, SMNC is chess. SMNC is a free to play, slower paced more thought out version of what Monday Night Combat was; less of a twitch shooter, straying away from one hit kill attacks. 17 Different pros to choose from in 5 different categories to suit your play style. This game combines third person shooting with MOBA style gameplay. Your goal as a Pro is to push your bots down one of two lanes to the enemy base's Moneyball, using them to break shields on enemy turrets along the way. Which will then let you attack and destroy these turrets. Fighting off the enemy team as they try to do the same to you. The game doesn't take itself too seriously, seeing as how some of the combatants are a rapping robot, a robot that thinks he is human, and a Gorilla in a suit with a tommy gun. It has a fun sense of humor that will appeal to those with a sense of humor. Three different game modes let you play standard gameplay (Super Cross), Increased damage with rebuildable turrets like in MNC (Turbo Cross), or horde mode (Super Blitz ) battling waves of robots to see how many rounds you can survive. Players can only buy cosmetic items, or in-game currency & experience boosts with real world money other in-game items that tweak combat such as Products (Situational activation items) or Endorsements (Statistic buffs or debuffs) can only be acquired with in-game currency.

Xbox 360 Controller compatible.
  21. May 14, 2012

Catchy multiplayer action with tactical elements is free to play but suffers from a few launch-related problems. Once those are solved Super MNC will be a straight hit. [Sept 2012]
  2. Jun 25, 2012
    In a nutshell, Uber Entertainment clearly figured out what their first game needed and they brought it. The shortcomings from the first game have been dealt with, and even now they're still piling on constant updates with a Valve-like intensity. With a very dedicated and growing community of players, Super Monday Night Combat has blossomed into a legitimate heavyweight among its peers.
  3. Jun 13, 2012
    Grumbles about the frustrating matchmaker aside, Super Monday Night Combat is a free-to-play game that would have been a perfectly legitimate retail release with a few more maps and available Pros.