3.6

1. Jul 3, 2013
    While i was joining to my first game i hoped "its gonna be some teamwork!!!" but it was not like that. There are bots and people camp in their bases and shoot 'em. Actually, you have to fight on your own. I've tried to tell people that we had better try to do teamwork and rush. But no one listened me.
    the game's system is okay, but there are many things to buy i was confused what they were.
  2. Oct 3, 2012
    I enjoy SMNC as much as I did MNC and even better this is free.

That said my current rating for the game as it stands is: Gameplay 8/10 Functionality 4/10 My Score as the game stands: 6 There is just a lot of bugs to do with logging in, chat, finding a game, creating a team & getting the team in a game which is why I gave a seperate functionality score. if they can fix all that
    I enjoy SMNC as much as I did MNC and even better this is free.

That said my current rating for the game as it stands is:
    Gameplay 8/10
    Functionality 4/10

My Score as the game stands: 6

There is just a lot of bugs to do with logging in, chat, finding a game, creating a team & getting the team in a game which is why I gave a seperate functionality score. if they can fix all that then 8/10 is what it deserves but right now players waste too much time trying to get into matches which means time spent stuffing about is higher than time spent enjoying matches.
  3. Jul 22, 2012
    Super Monday Night Combat is a blend of MOBA and 3rd Person Shooter that for me that hasn't quite got it right yet. It's really enjoyable - the characters are lively and full of charm and is one of the most humorous games I've played recently. The controls are pretty much perfect, very responsive and work as they should. The gameplay is intense and well paced and has some good mechanics.Super Monday Night Combat is a blend of MOBA and 3rd Person Shooter that for me that hasn't quite got it right yet. It's really enjoyable - the characters are lively and full of charm and is one of the most humorous games I've played recently. The controls are pretty much perfect, very responsive and work as they should. The gameplay is intense and well paced and has some good mechanics. However, the gameplay, whilst fun, can end up feeling very unsatisfying and frustrating. Snowballing is frequent, especially with quitters, the massive power gap between levels and the annihilator (which destroys all enemy bots). It also has some really bad balance issues issues between classes which make some seem virtually unplayable. It also feels unrewarding if you're a free player, as it takes so long to accumulate enough in game coins to buy new stuff it feels at times pretty pointless. Overall, despite my criticisms, there were enough good points to keep me coming back to log 20+ hours of play. It is really fun once you get into it; just beware that it can be an exercise in frustration. Expand
  4. Jun 30, 2012
    Not as fun as the First one, but more people are playing it, and it's not too bad. A lot of the tactical fun from the first game is gone (almost all of it). It's simplified "run and gun" with a couple more unique rules. More characters. Free to play, but pay money to unlock stuff ahead of time. Not a bad business idea, if they had actually pulled it off right. I'm not sure who would payNot as fun as the First one, but more people are playing it, and it's not too bad. A lot of the tactical fun from the first game is gone (almost all of it). It's simplified "run and gun" with a couple more unique rules. More characters. Free to play, but pay money to unlock stuff ahead of time. Not a bad business idea, if they had actually pulled it off right. I'm not sure who would pay for some of the items. If you have a few hundred dollars, you can unlock everything at once (after the 50% sale). OVERALL: I think they took a great game in the wrong direction. Think Rainbow Six Vegas moving to Vegas 2 but you have to spend money to always use your character. I hope this free-2-playpay-2-win fad dies soon. Expand
  5. Jun 23, 2012
    First off, I played the original MNC, and I liked it even though it had flaws. With that said, this game is a total downgrade and simply because it's an F2P. Let's start from the beginning: as a f2p, you have a limited choice of Pros from time to time (They change the rotations, but not sure how it works), while the others must be unlocked using (MANY) in-game coins that you receive afterFirst off, I played the original MNC, and I liked it even though it had flaws. With that said, this game is a total downgrade and simply because it's an F2P. Let's start from the beginning: as a f2p, you have a limited choice of Pros from time to time (They change the rotations, but not sure how it works), while the others must be unlocked using (MANY) in-game coins that you receive after each fight (from 50 to 150 coins per fight, I believe). Now, the problem here is that many Pros are just too powerful, especially those who are locked: I've won mostly against teams that were based of "Free Pros", and lost countless times to overpowered Gunners and Tanks, mainly because the Free Pros that you get aren't bad, but they can be crushed against massive damage dealer classes. Also, you can upgrade the stats using endorsements and a tri-specced talent set, and while the "talents" are not bad the endorsements can be deadly, if you use the same type more than once. I wouldn't be surprised if many veteran players have high damage endorsements skyrocketing, but even without these some pros are just too powerfull than the Free Pros. All of this was necessary to mention the biggest problem of the game: it has an incredible unbalance. And I mean way too unbalanced, so high that you need so much patience in order to properly enjoy the game, especially when your enemies are veterans that can kill you with ease; it's a common thing when you start a game, but in here the loss is mostly unfair and hardly acceptable. Also I didn't like the matchmaking: you can't invite friends in your party while you do the queue and unless you finish your game, you're forced to join THAT match again, and finish it; add the fact that ragequitters tend to leave soon enough, and this makes the game even more unbalanced (in my first match, I was left alone against the entire enemy team!). However I liked the maps: they aren't many, but cured enough to be appreciated, although they removed a lot of elements from the original MNC in here (you can't make your own turrets in here). And about the graphics...I don't hate it, but it still seems downgraded from the original. And about the store...I like the content inside it (at least they don't sell only "hats", but also outfits and more stuff), but it's too costy and really isn't that much worthy, especially when you have to unlock the Pro you wanna buy the stuff with. In few words, this game would have been better if it was a normal retail game but instead SMNC became one of those f2p where if you pay, you're way above the normal players, or else you need to accept failure and keep trying. Or go play the original game, instead.... Expand
  6. Jun 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has so much potential and one fundamental flaw. The characters are fun, the action is smooth, the commentators and atmosphere add to the grin factor; all trademarks of a high quality game.

Unfortunately, games are tediously one-sided. The world's greatest games will give both teams an opportunity to win, even an underdog team will have some shred of an opportunity. In SMNC, I can call the game within the first five minutes nine times out of ten, even though the game then generally progresses for another 10-25 minutes. Whichever team takes the early lead keeps that lead except in the rarest of instances. Thus, the fun part of most games maxes out at 33% of in game-time and is perhaps as little 15%. The remaining time is simply mopping up. Whichever side you are on, winning or losing, mopping up becomes tedious and boring.

By contrast, take the worlds great sports, for example: soccer, football, baseball, basketball, hockey, golf, etc. How often can you predict the outcome of a football game after one quarter of play? Baseball: 3 innings? Golf: 5 holes? You can't (or if you can you need to be working Vegas.)

The game boils down to 2 "lanes". Each team attempts to move their bots down these lanes to the enemy's end-zone, called the Moneyball. Two lanes, that's it. You either push them successfully or you don't. Sure you can run up onto the "jungle", an area above or below the lanes, but then you aren't pushing the lanes, you can't kill enemy turrets, and you can't attack their money ball. The jungle's primary use really is to harass enemy players (called Pros).

After all the above, I should note that I have played some 400+ matches and logged 200+ game hours, which is more than I spent on Modern Warfare, and not quite as much as I spent on Brink (my last two shooters.) So, to be fair, I should say it has a high fun factor. Be warned though, the learning curve is very sharp. You will need to log 50+ hours if you want to actually compete. Also bear in mind, those one sided games... you'll be getting crushed in half of them, which is very frustrating and leads people to leave the match (as you have read from the other posts.)

I had hoped this game would last many months (dare I say years?) But I'm about done with it now.
    Ghost Recon and Mechwarrior on the horizon.
  7. Jun 1, 2012
    Now the game does have minor flaws, I personally never played the original though you don't expect a review based off of that. The big complaint I do have though is the utter garbage matchmaking system. It took me over 20 minutes just to get into one match! But other than that this is an extremely fun shooter. It focuses on the MOBA genre, but that doesn't make it bad.
  8. May 19, 2012
    SMNC is an average third-person shooter which honestly is rather difficult, and in-game items are ludicrously expensive. Despite this, it is good fun, most of the time. It can get tedious after prolonged games, but still manages to be a decent game.
  9. May 15, 2012
    A fun game that does indeed require a certain amount of skill to play, but it has 1 absolute game-breaking harrowing, destructive flaw - As soon as someone leaves the game, only that player can get back in to fill the slot.
    Fine in theory, but with the amount of rage quitting that tends to happen, your team is often left 1 or 2 men short as long as half the game. This makes it nigh on impossible to win. This literally ruins 50% of games. The only penalty to the rage quitter is that he can't join any different games. Again, fine in theory, but when someone rage-quits they tend to close the game down and go and do something else. Contrary to what others say, the respawn time isn't too bad, and the matchmaking system works fine.
  10. May 1, 2012
    You'll either love it or hate it. If you're one of those people who can spare 8 hours of your day every day to practice playing the game, you'll love it because you will most likely carry your team to victory all the time every time. If you have other responsibilities beyond playing games on a day to day basis you will hate it because, thanks to the broken match making system (UberYou'll either love it or hate it. If you're one of those people who can spare 8 hours of your day every day to practice playing the game, you'll love it because you will most likely carry your team to victory all the time every time. If you have other responsibilities beyond playing games on a day to day basis you will hate it because, thanks to the broken match making system (Uber Entertainment said they would fix it two weeks ago from the time of that I am writing this review) That pits new and inexperienced players against people who might as well have been playing every hour of every day since the beta against eachother, more often than not you'll spend most of any given match sitting in your base shooting people with a gun that does a laughably impotent amount of damage unless your target is 5 inches in front of your face thanks to some weird damage falloff mechanics on the ranged weapons. The rest of the time will be spent staring at a respawn counter because your team is either unskilled enough to properly back you up, are dead, or have run off to try and solo the enemy base/team. Can you fault a multiplayer game (which at it's core, is mostly balanced) for it's community? Do you like veteran beta tester players calling you a **** and telling you to uninstall the game simply because you were trying to learn how to play the game? If you are a decent player, do you like playing a game where you lose all the time due to constantly being randomly paired with a bunch of uncommunicative incompetent boobs? The answer is yes, yes you can fault the game. The developers should have a system in place to pair experienced players with other players of their skill level, yet there isn't one, and hasn't been one since launch.

Actually, just to save you some time, imagine playing League of Legends except as a third person shooter, on smaller maps, shorter matches, with funny commentators, and a far, FAR worse matchmaking system. Ok, full disclosure? The only thing keeping this game from getting an easy 8 or 9 score is that stupid, horrible, detestable matchmaking system. You'll know what I mean once you lose ten games in a row because you keep getting paired with less skilled players versus a pre-made team.

Until then, this game gets a 5/10 due to the fact that it was advertised as a fun, whimsical MOBA style shooter, not a Respawn Timer Simulator.
  11. Apr 25, 2012
    It's sadly a disappointment for me. I was keeping this Metacritic score open just to review this with a amazing 10 out of 10, but it just couldn't happen. This game is the free-to-play version of Monday Night Combat, a game for Xbox 360 and PC. Or rather, this is the update that was SUPPOSED to be released as an update for the original Monday Night Combat. But I have so many issues withIt's sadly a disappointment for me. I was keeping this Metacritic score open just to review this with a amazing 10 out of 10, but it just couldn't happen. This game is the free-to-play version of Monday Night Combat, a game for Xbox 360 and PC. Or rather, this is the update that was SUPPOSED to be released as an update for the original Monday Night Combat. But I have so many issues with this game. First of all, and also the BIGGEST ISSUE I HAVE WITH THIS GAME: There is no tutorial at ALL for this game, and with the huge amount of changes for this game, I was a little, crazed out. There' s a ton of things I had no idea about, and it took me over 2 hours to realize your 2nd weapon had a grab attack.

The second issue however is a biggy too. The graphics. They are so damn good that I have huge amounts of lag on this game. In fact, so good, my desktop can crash just LAUNCHING the game. And the desktop has a huge screen. Disappointing. Another thing is that this game has terrible matchmaking. It's the worst matchmaking system ever. They should've kept the server list from the original game, the matchmaking system can freeze up and you can't join anybody. I had to wait 5 HOURS to wait for the devs to fix the issue and I could play again. I can't believe this. Just avoid this game at all costs.
  12. Apr 23, 2012
    Imagine taking League of Legends and Team Fortress 2, throwing them into a source code blender, and seeing what you'd get. That game is Super Monday Night Combat. Is it fun? Yes. I mean, you're running around defending / attacking robots and towers in FPS mode while "thinking the game" MOBA style, with the added touch of collecting coins like you're Super Mario. The atmosphere,Imagine taking League of Legends and Team Fortress 2, throwing them into a source code blender, and seeing what you'd get. That game is Super Monday Night Combat. Is it fun? Yes. I mean, you're running around defending / attacking robots and towers in FPS mode while "thinking the game" MOBA style, with the added touch of collecting coins like you're Super Mario. The atmosphere, visuals, and combat dynamics are all solid enough. However, do I think that this is a great game that I'll play a lot? Not really. Still, it's free to play, and well worth trying out if this blend of gaming genres appeals to you. Expand
  13. Apr 23, 2012
    Super MNC is a DotA game. That much needs to be said straight away. But, unlike it's genre brethren like League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth, this game is a third person shooter. It provides a very different take on the genre which makes it different enough to make it worth having a go, even if you don't like LoL or HoN, but is still too inaccessible for someone who hasn't played oneSuper MNC is a DotA game. That much needs to be said straight away. But, unlike it's genre brethren like League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth, this game is a third person shooter. It provides a very different take on the genre which makes it different enough to make it worth having a go, even if you don't like LoL or HoN, but is still too inaccessible for someone who hasn't played one before or is expecting a simple Team-based shooter, like Team Fortress 2. In order to learn how to play the game, you have to get stuck into it and be thrown into the deep end because, quite frankly, the guides are absolutely useless. But you need to have an element of resilience about you, as it pains me to say that the community has already taken the oft-criticised hostility of the genre too, which only helps isolate new players even more. The announcers and classes in the game are well characterised (Although not quite as much as in Team Fortress 2, but there are obviously more to characterise in this game) and can genuinely raise a chuckle out of you the first few times that you hear their quips, but there isn't enough variety in the quotes and soon you'll be hearing the phrase repeated again, which can get grating. Also, some classes do feel like they are lacking in punch to their weapons, leaving you wondering if you are actually doing any significant damage to your opponents. Finally, the levels leave a lot to be desired, as they all seem relatively samey, yet they do their job aptly enough to make it seem fair and somewhat varied. In conclusion, if you can get around the initially confusing gameplay mechanics and ignore the constant hostility from your own team mates (even when you aren't a noob, if you make a mistake or are unfortunate, prepare to be chastised), then you might find that Super MNC is a generally fun, albeit somewhat shallow game, worth investing a few rounds in when you want to play something different. Expand

Catchy multiplayer action with tactical elements is free to play but suffers from a few launch-related problems. Once those are solved Super MNC will be a straight hit. [Sept 2012]
  2. Jun 25, 2012
    In a nutshell, Uber Entertainment clearly figured out what their first game needed and they brought it. The shortcomings from the first game have been dealt with, and even now they're still piling on constant updates with a Valve-like intensity. With a very dedicated and growing community of players, Super Monday Night Combat has blossomed into a legitimate heavyweight among its peers.
  3. Jun 13, 2012
    Grumbles about the frustrating matchmaker aside, Super Monday Night Combat is a free-to-play game that would have been a perfectly legitimate retail release with a few more maps and available Pros.