8.4

1. May 24, 2013
    Alright, so i saw this game on steam about 2 or 3 hours ago and it still hadn't released, but was going to be released within an hour, so i looked it up online and i found the original flash version of the game (Super Puzzle Platformer) I played that for about 10 mins and i was still on the edge if i should buy it when it comes out... Well i saw it for £4.49 so i bought it. And thank god i did. This game is really good, i LOVE the music. It is really good and it makes you want to keep the game running in the background even if you are not playing it. I have played for around 1 hour and i am going bald already! It is a hard game, but it is just one of those you keep going back... and back... and back... until you reach No.1 in the leaderboard. This game includes FULL controller support along with K/M support. You can rebind all keys for keyboard and for the controller, there is even a graphics setting... Okay it maybe just 'Hi' and 'Lo' but come on... That ain't bad! The gameplay is simple but hard... It feels like Tetris with guns... and capes... and ninjas... killer robots along with a jetpack... That's right i said it, a jetpack! But of course it is not all fine and dandy. The game only spits out local multiplayer, which is a huge shame since a lot of us don't have... real... friends Moving forward! I could see this one being really fun with buddies online or just some random people, but the developer chose not to do that which is a big shame. This one is silly but it is something that should come into mind if you die a lot in hard games. You will find yourself shouting "COME ON, HURRY UP!!!!" a lot. When you die there's leaderboards, then the "Ready" text that takes like a BILLION years to pass when you just want to get straight back on. It is not a big deal, i just would like that to be gone if you die and only be shown on a fresh start if you get my drift? My final verdict is that this game is enjoyable, with a reasonable price. Hard but addicting, sadly no online multiplayer. Great music and a jetpack... Great game! 9/10!!! Expand
  2. May 24, 2013
    Just picked this up on a whim as it came out on steam and ended up spending a few hours playing it, first by myself, then calling my roommate in to play against me, then taking turns unlocking levels/characters. Even if I get distracted and never play it again, it's well worth the fun I just had but I'm thinking this one is gonna be in my installed game list for a while.

I don't review
    often, but when I saw there wasn't any critic review up here, I figured I'd recommend it. Expand
  3. May 24, 2013
    Awesome game, so addicting, and fast paced but also can be frustrating when you die. Minus one for no online multiplayer which I assumed it had, but still fun!
  4. May 24, 2013
    This game is one of the best indie games I have every played. Not only is single player a laugh but playing Local head to head is amazing. I have never had so much fun playing a game before and I would recommend this to anyone! You will not regret getting it, the smile never leaves your face! Well done on creating possibly the most addicting game out there. Angry Birds move aside, hello Super Puzzle Platformer! Expand
  5. May 28, 2013
    Adult Swim Games doesn't get enough love. This game is retro gold. I found myself playing this game for 4 hours straight, time flew by. If you like Super Meat Boy, then buy this now.
  6. May 25, 2013
    As someone who is not easily impressed when it comes to new games, Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe blew me away. I'm one of those people who think giving a game a 10 is ridiculous, but I'd be lying if I gave this game anything less than that. I played the free version and was so addicted that I went and instantly bought the game on steam. The controls are on the edge of perfection and work flawlessly on both keyboard and gamepad, the soundtrack is nothing short of amazing, each level offers unique obstacles, as well as every character changing the way you play the game, not to mention the challenges are exactly that, challenging. If you're looking for a new cheap indie game to play, look no further. If you aren't entirely sure whether or not to get it, just look up Super Puzzle Platformer and try the flash version. Can't wait to see more from this developer. This game has changed my opinion on the current state of the indie scene. Expand
  7. May 28, 2013
    Fantastic (really!) little game. The controls are very nice, the gameplay is addictive and the soundtrack is amazing! It's fun, fast-paced, and has a good unlock system to keep you interested. Like House of Dead Ninjas (also by Adult Swim), it rewards you even when you play somewhat poorly, so that you still have a sense of 'growth' despite messing up.
  8. May 25, 2013
    I'm having a lot of fun with this game. It's fast paced, addicting, unique, and just plain fun. I only wished that it had more content. It does have some characters to unlock, though unlockable costumes or a shop would have been nice.
  9. May 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Didn't play this game, but played both Plus and original SPP.
    Original SPP is slightly less punishing as there are no turrets or cannons involved.
    So, SPP as a concept gets a clear 6 and the original version gets a 6.
    Adult Swim-hosted junk version ("plus") adds 2 more characters, Gems and those abominable turrets/cannons.
    Deluxe apparently adds tilesets, plus some challenge objects for each tileset such as icicles (I watched a livestream)
    So, I give 6 to the concept. If original SPP was here for reviewing, I'd give IT a 6 and a 4 to Deluxe.
    It is well worth about 10min of fun for a masochist, but NOT worth any cash unless you are a MASOCHISTIC COUPLE owning a PC linked to TV.
  10. Jul 2, 2013
    Interesting, fast paced and enjoyable platform game that successfully combines two types of games into one. The unlockables and rewards will keep you coming back for more.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Jun 9, 2013
    Plain and simple: one of the best casual game on the market. Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe is fun and addictive.
  2. Jun 6, 2013
    Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe is a solid game that takes a good idea and runs with it without overstaying its welcome, but it isn't likely to reach cult hit status like Robot Unicorn Attack.
    Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe packs a ton of great run/jump/shoot/puzzle action in its arcade shell, and is easily one of the best Tetris-style games to show up in a very long time.