7.9

1. Aug 19, 2011
    It's Street Fighter. IE, it's thoroughly enjoyable and dreadfully aggravating. I find myself wanting to improve my skill at the game, despite never picking up a fighter after Street Fighter II.
  2. Jul 29, 2011
    Can't really complain about the work put into bringing this to PC, it's exactly what you expect from side-on beat 'em up from a series that's always been big on glitzy showmanship, although personally these sort of games never have any longterm gameplay and are more aimed at parties or after a night out with buds, else they get old real quick.
  3. Mar 3, 2012
    I subjectively dislike this game. I objectively think that this game has some of the tightest fighting mechanics and some of the smoothest online implementation in the fighting genre. However the subjectivity kicks back in again when I realize that I don't really care if it has tight fighting mechanics. Mortal kombat might be a slower more methodical, less skillfull game. However the storyI subjectively dislike this game. I objectively think that this game has some of the tightest fighting mechanics and some of the smoothest online implementation in the fighting genre. However the subjectivity kicks back in again when I realize that I don't really care if it has tight fighting mechanics. Mortal kombat might be a slower more methodical, less skillfull game. However the story mode kept me engaged. For people like me who play games for involvement based on something other than competition. This is about as disconnecting as it gets. So what route do I go? Do I not review this at all, and only leave the scoring to the fans of the genre? Must this genre be so polarizing? If street fighter had a story mode with anime cutscenes (like in the trailer for the game) - telling the stories as you went along in the singleplayer mode. I would love the hell out of this game - and since it's a mythos that was expanded brilliantly with the original anime/manga movie - it can be done. I even think the fans would enjoy it, and just play the online/arcade for the pure fighting. So from that standpoint, I don't recommend this game to people who want this genre to expand. I do recommend this game to traditionalists who want a great looking, fast paced, competitive fighting game with smooth online. The pc version is also great, with a smooth framerate and visuals that upscale fantastically to the higher resolution most pc gamers play games at. Expand

There is no better way to enter the Street Fighter world. Actually, there is no other option if you seriously look for fighting on PC. [Issue#207]
  2. Aug 29, 2011
    The biggest, the deepest and the most complete fighting experience on PC. Start saving you quarters for that USB arcade stick. [Sept 2011, p.85]
  3. Aug 13, 2011
    The perfect entry point into the series for PC gamers. Time to clear some desk space. [Sept 2011, p.82]