• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Nov 6, 2007
9.2

1. May 27, 2011
    Supreme Commander is supreme real time strategy game. One of the best RTS games ever created. More than worthy successor of Total Annihilation. With this expansion Forged Alliance,they only further improved the original game. So many units, strategies , tactics, buildings, advance economy, land,air and naval warfare. One word sums it up, epic.
  2. Apr 13, 2011
    Greatest RTS ever! Resource system is ingenious, at least i think so. The game is very complex, has so many units, four factions total, GIANT units, great command structure, incredibly massive scale, Naval battles, and air power the likes of which I've never seen in another RTS! But over all, this game is a huge step forward for RTS games, and a glorious, shining example followed by no oneGreatest RTS ever! Resource system is ingenious, at least i think so. The game is very complex, has so many units, four factions total, GIANT units, great command structure, incredibly massive scale, Naval battles, and air power the likes of which I've never seen in another RTS! But over all, this game is a huge step forward for RTS games, and a glorious, shining example followed by no one : (
    If you love RTS games, and your computer is high tech, you will love this game, if only Chris Taylor made supreme commander 2 like this game. I say again, GREATEST RTS EVER!!!!!!!!
  3. Dec 28, 2011
    Supreme Commander is the BEST RTS ever made, and this stand alone expansion lives up to the original. Expanding on the original, adding new units and buildings it rounds of the original into a more balanced. The game is just epic on every level. Might I suggest to people that they download the SORIAN AI mod for more balanced AI gameplay. If only other RTS games were even 50% of thisSupreme Commander is the BEST RTS ever made, and this stand alone expansion lives up to the original. Expanding on the original, adding new units and buildings it rounds of the original into a more balanced. The game is just epic on every level. Might I suggest to people that they download the SORIAN AI mod for more balanced AI gameplay. If only other RTS games were even 50% of this game...... EPIC!! Expand
  4. Apr 1, 2011
    This game is amazing. The single player campaign is amazing. This game doesn't encourage one to turtle but expand or die. It's smart use of resources is pivotal to winning a game. RTS junkies, who dream of tactical missile launches, nuclear strikes, and giant robots will find their heaven.
  5. Sep 30, 2011
    I believe that supreme commander forged alliance is the game that follows Supreme commander and I love this game more than supreme commander 2, I find this game great for the difficulty going up until the end of the game where its very hard for a player like me.

The two new factions that was added into the game makes for a interesting story line, Then there's the battle modes included in the skirmish mode allowing you to take off level 3 units and factory's or remove the air and naval forces from the game makes it quite interesting

6. Feb 26, 2014
    The game that makes Starcraft 2 look outdated.

The game that makes Starcraft 2 look outdated.

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance brings a unique feature set to the table that should have set new standards to the genre. The user interface gives the user to stay in control even in the largest battles with thousands of units, all fulfilling their roles on the battlefield, from tiny. cheap and mass produced units up to the gigantic experimental units. True real-time strategy on small and large battlefields, a game that enables the player to really play out their strategies under constant pressure of battle. So far the best game the genre has to offer.
  7. Oct 15, 2010
    Yes, this is the pinnacle of Real Time Strategy, even at the end of 2010. Not without flaws, like the horrible voice-acting and story (they really, finally need some talent there). It takes days to become a good, and weeks to become a supreme commander, but when you do, you can take on the whole galaxy. No other RTS (I played them all) gives me this kind of satisfaction. Just a fewYes, this is the pinnacle of Real Time Strategy, even at the end of 2010. Not without flaws, like the horrible voice-acting and story (they really, finally need some talent there). It takes days to become a good, and weeks to become a supreme commander, but when you do, you can take on the whole galaxy. No other RTS (I played them all) gives me this kind of satisfaction. Just a few RTS-games are eternal. This one is... I hope I'll ever see an even better one. Expand
  8. Mar 9, 2012
    This game is AMAZING. The graphics, the tactics, the game play .. Hands down, this is what a game is all about. Having fun and being in a bit of awe at awesomeness. The scale of the battles makes me giddy like a little girl just WATCHING it. This game is advanced by the standards of 2012, and is definitely worth buying. They should re-launch it in stores again and advertise it. IThis game is AMAZING. The graphics, the tactics, the game play .. Hands down, this is what a game is all about. Having fun and being in a bit of awe at awesomeness. The scale of the battles makes me giddy like a little girl just WATCHING it. This game is advanced by the standards of 2012, and is definitely worth buying. They should re-launch it in stores again and advertise it. I think it would still do pretty darn well. And get it on steam or something like that for auto-updates & better multiplayer integration. Expand
  9. Dec 8, 2011
    This game is THE BEST RTS EVER. There is no set BO you have to do and no you have to use this unit to counter this unit You dont have to babysit factories as you can leave them on repeat forever. Completley the oposite of starcrat. It has a drain rate based economy where you have to spend resorces as you get them and as you build things. This game is about stratergy not APM. There are noThis game is THE BEST RTS EVER. There is no set BO you have to do and no you have to use this unit to counter this unit You dont have to babysit factories as you can leave them on repeat forever. Completley the oposite of starcrat. It has a drain rate based economy where you have to spend resorces as you get them and as you build things. This game is about stratergy not APM. There are no ends to the stratergies you can do. It is the most complex RTS ever produced. 4 years on I still see stratergies I have not seen before. This game is also cheap. £5 from Amazon for gold edition that includes vanilla SC as well. AT release this game required a very decent computer to run but now most computers are able to run it with a few thousand units onscreen with no lad

As a beginner online you will be steamrolled online as the AI sucks hardand those turtling tactics dont work. This is not much of a problem however as you can get AI mods and play against people of your own rating. GPG net aint so good but you can use forged alliance forever that is a fanmade, fixes bugs and dont crash so buggy and slow GPG net is also a non issue. It still has a few hundred active players. I have to stress this game is not for people who are knew to RTS games. It is as I said the most complex RTS ever and when you lose if your commander is not sniped you get steamrolled. It has quite a steep learning curve. Once you get past this however an get to an average level online it becomes much more Fun. Dont be suprised if you lose your first ten games completley online. It will happen. I lost my first 7 games online and got steamrolled. But now I am in the top 50 players.

The gameplay is also completley diferent from all other RTS games I have played. The units cost ranges from 8 mass to 300000. The unit cap is normaly 1000 units online not 100 like other RTS games. This makes games all the more epic and exiting as hudge armys face each other off.Completley unique. The maps are raning from 25km2 to 6561 km2. The time games last depends on maps. Games normaly last anywhere from 15 to 45 mins. There is up to 12 players in one match online with forged allaince forever.

A MUST HAVE for any RTS gamer
  10. Jun 29, 2012
    this is probably the single best rts out there, fun, good story mode,much replay value, tons of skirmish. its just plain fun. gpg has outdone themselves on this game.
  11. Apr 3, 2013
    Great RTS on a grand scale. It is a complex RTS with lots of units and structures, ranging in size from the comparatively miniscule 9 meter tall Mech Marines to the gigantic 137 meter tall Galactic Colossus bots. Each faction have unique units and there is still quite a bit of faction diversity between units filling the same approximate role. Online multiplayer and balancing is still veryGreat RTS on a grand scale. It is a complex RTS with lots of units and structures, ranging in size from the comparatively miniscule 9 meter tall Mech Marines to the gigantic 137 meter tall Galactic Colossus bots. Each faction have unique units and there is still quite a bit of faction diversity between units filling the same approximate role. Online multiplayer and balancing is still very much alive through FAF. Expand
  12. Jan 15, 2014
    This is the best rts (real time strategy) game i have ever played, seeing the trailers back from 2006, playing in 2007.. its january 15th 2014, i still play this game on a weekly baises and theres still an active community, a game with no dlc, just a second game and its still more outmatching than most rts.. look at world of warcraft. that games still going. this is like the rts version ofThis is the best rts (real time strategy) game i have ever played, seeing the trailers back from 2006, playing in 2007.. its january 15th 2014, i still play this game on a weekly baises and theres still an active community, a game with no dlc, just a second game and its still more outmatching than most rts.. look at world of warcraft. that games still going. this is like the rts version of wow. id reccomend this game to absolutly anyone and it is my favorite of all time. id rate 100 but 10 is maximum:(. please... dont ever let this series die. ever. there must be a supreme commander 3. there has to be. thank you. Expand
  13. Jul 25, 2012
    One of the best ever. The sense of scale this game visual creates is inspiring. Excellent maps and resource gathering system. Graphics are still good by today's standards which may not be saying too much but at least they don't suck. The tech tree is straight forward really, you just need to gauge what you're opponents may do and at what point you have to start on defenses. The game hasOne of the best ever. The sense of scale this game visual creates is inspiring. Excellent maps and resource gathering system. Graphics are still good by today's standards which may not be saying too much but at least they don't suck. The tech tree is straight forward really, you just need to gauge what you're opponents may do and at what point you have to start on defenses. The game has tonnes of replayability in it and the ability to customize your games with units of your choice. Game speed controls and saves in single player skirmish is their too, their isn't much you don't get. Expand
  14. Jun 26, 2014
    It's a shame what happened to this series, from the unknown first installment and expansion to the ruined - from a SupCom standpoint - second (third) game which ultimately killed it. Install Sorian AI and get a friend or two and you won't regret it. That and you can build shield generators to protect shield generators.
  15. Sep 7, 2013
    To this day, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance remains my favourite RTS of all times. This expansion pack includes a new faction to play as and a ton of general improvements on what made vanilla SupCom such a unique experience. Forged Alliance really pulls off what it attempts to do. It is face-paced by nature but games can last well over an hour. Economy plays a massive role and playersTo this day, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance remains my favourite RTS of all times. This expansion pack includes a new faction to play as and a ton of general improvements on what made vanilla SupCom such a unique experience. Forged Alliance really pulls off what it attempts to do. It is face-paced by nature but games can last well over an hour. Economy plays a massive role and players have the option of bunkering down in their starting location or can simply pour all their resources into spamming cheap units. There's also the option of sniping; selecting a group of units, quite often bombers or gunships, and assassinating an opponent's ACU. There really are more strategic options than any other RTS I have ever played. The FAF multiplayer community makes this a 10/10 experience and has really kept the game alive. SupCom 2 simplified the formula and was generally panned by the fan base so it's great to see FA doing so well today. A classic game. Expand
  16. Mar 31, 2013
    This truly is a classic RTS extremely detailed yet simple to use, and most of all really fun! As others I am a fan of Total Annihilation (the starting game of it all) but you don't need to have played it to enjoy this game. It's unique, clever, and has long lasting re-playability. The ideas that originated in TA and in this game have really set the standard for other RTS games.
  17. Sep 17, 2014
    Supcom 1 was my introduction to this kind of RTS games. Red Alert 2 was my latest epic addiction. While Supcom 1 was fun, Forged Alliance really showed how extremely complex and fun an RTS can be. I have played it to death. Then I stopped. Then after 1 year I started playing it again. Then I stopped. Then after 1 year I started playing it again. Etcetera. This game is just coming backSupcom 1 was my introduction to this kind of RTS games. Red Alert 2 was my latest epic addiction. While Supcom 1 was fun, Forged Alliance really showed how extremely complex and fun an RTS can be. I have played it to death. Then I stopped. Then after 1 year I started playing it again. Then I stopped. Then after 1 year I started playing it again. Etcetera. This game is just coming back everytime with the same fun level I initially had. If I was ever to give a true 10 to a game, then it is FA for sure. Expand
  18. Aug 27, 2013
    If you liked Total Annihilation back in the day, this is made by the same lead designer and is a spiritual successor. It has a current metacritic score of 86/100 and is a seriously fun game. It features full dual monitor support (each screen in showing a different location, eg. one on your base and the other the front line, or whatever you like. very handy for an RTS) The defaultIf you liked Total Annihilation back in the day, this is made by the same lead designer and is a spiritual successor. It has a current metacritic score of 86/100 and is a seriously fun game. It features full dual monitor support (each screen in showing a different location, eg. one on your base and the other the front line, or whatever you like. very handy for an RTS) The default population cap is 1000 units per player.

The expansion Forged Alliance adds new gameplay features to the game, several new units for the three preexisting factions, and is further optimized for increased performance.

Gameplay in Forged Alliance is largely the same as in the original Supreme Commander. The player uses a giant bipedal mech called an Armored Command Unit (or ACU) to build an army with which they can conquer their opponents. Forged Alliance expands on the original gameplay mechanics, adding new units, modifying old ones, and introducing other improvements to the user interface.[4] The most notable addition to this expansion is the addition of a new faction, the Seraphim. In addition, the three original factions the United Earth Federation (UEF), Cybran Nation, and Aeon Illuminate also receive a number of new units. Other new content includes new maps. Several improvements to the controls and behind the scenes mechanics have been made as well. The interface has been revamped, as well as improved pathfinding and aircraft flight dynamics.[4]
    The original Supreme Commander allowed the player to employ all four traditional battlespaces air, information, land and sea. Forged Alliance adds the ability for the UEF faction to construct orbital weaponry which the player can control. These satellites are impossible to harm directly, forcing opponents to find and destroy the control centers maintaining them.

Guys, you should really play this game. It's the best of it's class, hands down.
  19. Nov 12, 2014
    supreme Commander is supreme real time strategy game. The best strategy game i have ever played in fact.Greatest RTS ever! Resource system is ingenious, at least i think so. The game is very complex, has so many units, four factions total, GIANT units, great command structure, incredibly massive scale, Naval battles, and air power the likes of which I've never seen in another RTS!
  20. Nov 29, 2013
    I remember that 3 years ago I was (still!) often giving up on the game (or kept lowering the resolution/detail settings) once the action started getting intense because the frame-rate slowed down to unbearable levels. But now, with a i5 3.4 GHz CPU and a Radon 9750 GPU, I can *finally* play it with max graphics settings across 2 displays (2560x1440 1600x1200) It only took 6 years for theI remember that 3 years ago I was (still!) often giving up on the game (or kept lowering the resolution/detail settings) once the action started getting intense because the frame-rate slowed down to unbearable levels. But now, with a i5 3.4 GHz CPU and a Radon 9750 GPU, I can *finally* play it with max graphics settings across 2 displays (2560x1440 1600x1200) It only took 6 years for the hardware to catch up!
    (Honestly, how were people expected to play this when it was first released?)

That said, it's a great game, and much deeper than the sequel. If you haven't played it yet, you should!
  21. Apr 10, 2014
    This game is a classic by now. But the graphics and gameplay are still absolutely up to date. Forged Alliance is a massive RTS game with 4 factions, giant maps and up to 12 players and up to 12.000 Units on the battlefield. Getting really good at the game will take you a while. But the community is really friendly and helpful and since you mostly play in large teams sorted by your ratingThis game is a classic by now. But the graphics and gameplay are still absolutely up to date. Forged Alliance is a massive RTS game with 4 factions, giant maps and up to 12 players and up to 12.000 Units on the battlefield. Getting really good at the game will take you a while. But the community is really friendly and helpful and since you mostly play in large teams sorted by your rating (Use community based Forged Alliance Forever!!!) this is not a problem. The good thing about this great game is: It gets even better. For one the community still improves the game regularly. Secondly, the greatly improving hardware with quadcores being common today, allows for even bigger battles with no slowdowns. Buy it, enjoy it! Expand

1. What's impressive is the amount of stuff that developer Gas Powered Games has managed to squeeze into the standalone expansion in relatively little time.
  2. Of course, I think THQ and Gas Powered Games probably realized early on that their fan base has been dwindling, so this seems more to be an honest effort. It's damn good, but it's just not quite enough to rekindle interest in their game.
  3. For SupCom owners, Forged Alliance is a must-have expansion. [Holiday 2007, p.70]