8.1

1. sdb
    Jun 5, 2008
    Deepest-Strategy-Evarrr. Reviewers tend to score this game in proportion to the I.Q. they show in their writing. Part of that is the learning curve. Read the forums if you have trouble. Payoff is one of the best games you will ever play. Great for systems with decent CPU but mediocre graphics card. Or wait for 2020 in a couple weeks!
  2. Daxon
    Aug 14, 2006
    This game is extremely engaging. It actually takes intelligence to play.
  3. AmandaH.
    Jun 3, 2005
    Serious depth... seriously.
  4. MarcS.
    Jun 4, 2005
    Great game, Deep play.
  5. AndyC.
    Aug 4, 2005
    There's a LOT in this game - wargame, politics, resource/production, diplomacy, and more. A very well done UI and design given the amount of things that can be adjusted and managed. A system of advisors to help and keep micromanagement under control. Great battles!
  6. BurtE
    Mar 23, 2004
    Looks very nice so far. A huge amount of units, territory, technology, combined with terrain actions leads to a great game. It does, however, look a bit complicated, with a steep learning curve.
  7. JackS.
    Jun 7, 2005
    The most fun I've had with a strategy game since Alpha Centauri. Deep gameplay, innovation, and a "do anything" design are just a few reasons why I like this so much. It's not perfect, (what strategy title is straight out of the box?) but it definately deserves a nine for somehow managing to be both innovative and fun at the same time.
  8. BobR.
    Jun 7, 2005
    I never thought I'd see anyone do as detailed a game as this anymore. The emphasis is on gameplay. There's lots of complexity if you go looking for it, or else let your Cabinet Ministers do the work you don't want to. The military model is better than most serious "wargames" I've seen, and much easier to get started with. Add in Diplomacy, Economics, Resources, and you I never thought I'd see anyone do as detailed a game as this anymore. The emphasis is on gameplay. There's lots of complexity if you go looking for it, or else let your Cabinet Ministers do the work you don't want to. The military model is better than most serious "wargames" I've seen, and much easier to get started with. Add in Diplomacy, Economics, Resources, and you have one great game! Expand

1. While Supreme Ruler 2010 is not the prettiest game in the world, it does have a lot of depth that will keep players coming back for ages.
  2. Complexity and accessibility are rarely so well-balanced in a strategy game.
    A great muitiplayer title, but a singleplayer one that’s alternately exciting and frustrating. I sincerely hope that Battlegoat Studios works on the AI and gives us more diversified scenarios, in the very near future.