8.6

1. DezoR.
    Apr 21, 2005
    Challenging, tactical, addictive! Must have! I just played 8 hours in a row.
  2. MagnusS.
    May 8, 2005
    Swat 4 is the game that rules all other games like a game that rules all other games should rule all other games. And that's a fact!
  3. TanH.
    May 13, 2005
    The swat4 game is very exciting.
    May 9, 2005
    This game is perfect, absolutely perfect. AI acts pretty realistic, there is not one best way to enter a room. Use explosives, tear gas or sting grenades; pepperspray, beanbags, pepper balls, sting gun... And if you don't have any other options left you can still use an MP5, M4, colt, shotgun... This is SWAT!
  5. BillT.
    Apr 28, 2005
    Great game.
  6. S.peewee
    May 15, 2005
    The best ever tactical shooter to date.
  7. JamesMc
    Oct 11, 2006
    Time to throw out all my Rainbow 6 games... If you were frustrated by the slow pace, boring missions, and stupid AI of the R6 games, SWAT 4 is the cure.
  8. Mar 28, 2013
    The game is called SWAT 4 and is available only on the PC.
    The game is called SWAT 4 and is available only on the PC.
    In this game, you lead a team of five SWAT members and you must undertake some complex missions such as stopping a bank raid or arresting a dangerous suspect. In this game, rather than go in ‘guns ablazing’, it pays to take the more stealthy approach. You are expected to give the suspects fair warning by yelling for compliance before you are allowed to take any lethal action. In general, it’s best to throw smokebombs or flashbangs in order to get them to surrender faster. You can also use the taser or pepperspray but this requires some practice.

Going into this game thinking it’s like Call of Duty is just going to end up with you getting a lot of penalty points or worse, running out of ammo and becoming a liability to your team. Ultimately this game is about teamwork, fairplay and tactics. You play the leader of your unit. There are also two other teams comprised of two squad members. You can assign each team a different task so while one team is stacking up against a door, the other one is preparing C4 to breach the other door. You can also order them to handcuff enemies or stick by you. The AI isn’t perfect but often does a good job. They’ll often ask you to move out of the way which can be annoying if you like to keep them close (which is a good idea generally).

The sound effects in this game are spot on. Every gunshot, door opening or explosion feels and sounds realistic. The voice acting is really good. The civilians sound scared and confused and the criminals sound determined and angry. The SWAT team sound cool and calculated and always sound as if they really are SWAT members. The squad leader who briefs you on your mission does an impeccable job of making you feel as if you really are eavesdropping on an important mission briefing. Online play is an interesting diversion that has it’s moments. Your characters are very frail though, so moving slowly and surprising the enemy is paramount.

Overall SWAT 4 is a very fun game that has a unique approach on making FPS games more intelligent and bringing a more tactical approach to dealing with pesky criminals.
  9. Feb 25, 2013
    Sorry Guys that I cant can giving 10/10 because the Game have now no Official Multiplayer you have to download a other Programm and that is really bad cause SWAT4 is one of the best Tactical Shooter ever and it makes really many FUN to play it.
  10. Sep 11, 2012
    Swat 4 İs Best Tactical Shooter Ever. İt İs Better Than Ghost Recon And Rainbox Six . İt's Very Realistic Game. You Can ''Really'' Command Your Team But People Dont Know The Value Of Swat 4.So Swat 5 İs Never Come But We Still Want SWAT 5!
  11. ManuelH.
    Jun 19, 2005
    This game is nice but the handling, which is crucial for a tactical shooter, is worse than that of its predecessors. Some missions are too hard, the difficulty level is not the very consistent in the late game. I also disliked the diffculty settings because you don't only have to get a higher percentage but the enemies are also harder to master, which makes the higher levels This game is nice but the handling, which is crucial for a tactical shooter, is worse than that of its predecessors. Some missions are too hard, the difficulty level is not the very consistent in the late game. I also disliked the diffculty settings because you don't only have to get a higher percentage but the enemies are also harder to master, which makes the higher levels impossible. The AI of the team members is bad. Often they stand in your way and several times they get shoot down by the enemy one after the other. Then the game is more like a first person shooter where the player has to do all the killing himself. Expand
  12. Jul 15, 2011
    Every suspects or hostages are Mr Bruce Lee, SWAT officers must not treat those bare handed peoples (Bruce Lee guys) with rubber shots before handcuffing them. The SWAT officers should hand over their guns to those Bruce Lee guys so they can finished the mission themselves, because all the officers are disqualified, so disqualified that it takes a shot at the hostages' leg to make themEvery suspects or hostages are Mr Bruce Lee, SWAT officers must not treat those bare handed peoples (Bruce Lee guys) with rubber shots before handcuffing them. The SWAT officers should hand over their guns to those Bruce Lee guys so they can finished the mission themselves, because all the officers are disqualified, so disqualified that it takes a shot at the hostages' leg to make them compromise/surrender. But the officers in this game are better than the cops that shot an unarmed man dead because he took off running in a sub-way in a real life event. Another down thing is that the officers in this game can't pick up any dropped guns and use them, so when you ran out of ammos you ran of ammos! Anyone can edit the game script and modify the taser gun so it can have a touch light attached to it, shooting at a farther distance with faster projectile speed. If you aimed the taser at a **** crotch and shoot it, you can see the **** is shaking up like she's having an orgasm! Best of all the game rules can be changed by editing more game scripts. Expand
  13. LuisV.
    Jul 21, 2005
    Very nice.
  14. May 27, 2014
    Terrible AI, bad controls, bad behavior, you can't kill any suspect because they remove points. you cant use force, you cant do anything, they give you only a few bullets per mission and a weapon you cant use, why the **** they give you a weapon if you cant kill the armed terrorist, you kill one they remove points, you get hurt, they remove points, the other stupid swats get hurt orTerrible AI, bad controls, bad behavior, you can't kill any suspect because they remove points. you cant use force, you cant do anything, they give you only a few bullets per mission and a weapon you cant use, why the **** they give you a weapon if you cant kill the armed terrorist, you kill one they remove points, you get hurt, they remove points, the other stupid swats get hurt or killed, lees points, the behavior of the other swats is just ridiculous, they let the armed robbers kill the other swats, this game has one of the WORST AI I HAVE EVER SEEN. Incredible bad in context. Say no to swat franchise. Expand
  15. Mobius
    Apr 7, 2005
    The SWAT series has been around for sometime now but its only now that they have managed to get the interface right, also there is now a picture in picture view that enables you to see the rest of your team standing at another door waiting for the command to enter the room. with its new interface graphics and gameplay this game gets an 8/10 from me GO GO GO.
  16. TravisM.
    Apr 30, 2005
    Sure those people saying how the game runs slow are telling the truth, but they just need to buy a better computer. I have a Dell Inspiron 5150, P4 3.04 g, 512 memory, 64mb ge force 4 graphics, and my swat runs perfectly. This game has great graphics, realistic weaponry and tactics, and the multiplayer runs a lot smoother and with virtually no lag over swat 3. I would definatly recommend Sure those people saying how the game runs slow are telling the truth, but they just need to buy a better computer. I have a Dell Inspiron 5150, P4 3.04 g, 512 memory, 64mb ge force 4 graphics, and my swat runs perfectly. This game has great graphics, realistic weaponry and tactics, and the multiplayer runs a lot smoother and with virtually no lag over swat 3. I would definatly recommend this game if you have a higher end computer that can actually handle it over those morons who buy this game with an outdated POS computer that can barely run solitare. Expand
  17. AndreiC.
    May 6, 2005
    Becomes interesting once you get used to all the tricks, but after that you just want to finish faster, because there is not a big difference between levels.
  18. Jeffy
    Jun 7, 2005
    This game is a good first person shooter game, but its not the best compared to Tom Clancy Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield. Im not bad-mouthing this game, but i played better.
  19. abc123
    Jun 8, 2005
    This is a very good game, and despite minor bugs a glitches, it is a very fun. This is more of a thinking game than a shooting game, and that is what gives it that successful feeling. I recommend this for thinkers. Those with itchy trigger fingers need not apply.
  20. MinhN.
    Jun 9, 2005
    The multiplayer alone is worth the price of the game.
  21. MissdazeR.
    Jan 2, 2006
    This is the best online shooting game ever built.I am a lady yet I found this game very interesting and fun.
  22. MattN.
    Nov 3, 2005
    I loved this game despite a few glitches getting it up and running which have now been ironed out. The graphics are great and this is underlined by the particularly detailed and realistic environments (no random piles of boxes just to fill in space or block doorways). The fact that every time you play through bad guys appear in different locations throughout the level, and that I loved this game despite a few glitches getting it up and running which have now been ironed out. The graphics are great and this is underlined by the particularly detailed and realistic environments (no random piles of boxes just to fill in space or block doorways). The fact that every time you play through bad guys appear in different locations throughout the level, and that you're free to complete the mission using any approach or tactics you want just adds to the realism. I would have liked a save feature so you don't have to replay the whole level (or am I being dense and have simply missed it?). And a greater variety of weapons wouldn't have gone a miss either. Your team mates A.I is reasonable but you never think of them as anything other than expendable. If you're looking for a very challenging game with loads of atmosphere and pressure this is the game for you. Expand
  23. ZeeZee
    Dec 8, 2005
    almost identical to the "rainbow six" series, very enjoyable but at times extremely frustrating as well. I'm only speaking for the single-player and I haven't finished it yet, but I wish there was more variety in the level design and weapon/gadget choices.
  24. BobR.
    Apr 23, 2005
    A fun tactical simulation that remembers it is a game! Accurate, fun, easy to pick up.
  25. PeterJ.
    Apr 30, 2005
    What a top game, keeps u interested,and u got ya buddies 2 back u up kooool.
  26. VishnuS.
    May 21, 2005
    You should have litres of adrenalin.Game maniacs with heartproblems and blood pressure shouldn't play this game.The first thing i saw after entering the game was, I was pointing a gun at my enemy who was pointing it at me.
  27. JonasHøiberg
    Mar 23, 2008
    I actually love the game. It's worth a 10. What brings it down is the extreme amount of time it takes for it to start up, due to an incompetent, annoying and useless copy-protection. I'd wish that, when I buy a game, they cared more about user-experience than a false sense of safety.
  28. SamF.
    Nov 10, 2005
    A Realistic Squad based FPS That makes it possible to realize what being in Swat is like. Unlike most shooters , you don't shoot everything but try and subdue and take into custody.
  29. Greg
    Apr 14, 2005
    Fun and accurate all at the same time.
  30. GoatBoy
    Apr 29, 2005
    I was quite surprised by this game. I've never played the others in the series, but I picked this one up and got into it. Unlike other recent game flops that attempted to impress you with facial twitches, boring gimmicks, and overly scripted and unimaginative game play, this game has settings and extras designed to pull you into the game by making it feel real and lifelike. I I was quite surprised by this game. I've never played the others in the series, but I picked this one up and got into it. Unlike other recent game flops that attempted to impress you with facial twitches, boring gimmicks, and overly scripted and unimaginative game play, this game has settings and extras designed to pull you into the game by making it feel real and lifelike. I appreciate a game that's been developed with flexibility in mind. There are multiple ways in each mission to achieve your goals. Even if it's mission-by-mission based, you never feel like you're just shuffling from point A to point B all alone because some dweeb of a game designer thought it'd be fun. I have to dock some points for AI (inexplicable behavior + lack of team controls), weapon handling (grenades and certain weapons effects), and other miscellaneous things which hamper the game. Otherwise... this is actually a pretty entertaining game. Expand
  31. DylanGreen
    Nov 16, 2006
    this is a very fun game. The graphics are a little shaky at times, but the game is just so cool. I mean how awesome is it to blow open a door, pop a flashbang and run in screamin commands. Great tactical shooter. I like the way that if u play a level over again the enemies are in different positions so u always have to be on ur toes. great game 10
  32. Nov 18, 2010
    this game is so epic, it is better than rainbow.
  33. Apr 22, 2013
    Tactical. This game has done what none other has, that is simulate real scenarios with real equipment, from opti-wands, door jams, and many less than lethal options. Your goal is to minimize casualties, rather than run around shooting everything you see. This with a realistic rating system makes this a must own. Even missing a suspects gun as evidence, or failing to report a detainedTactical. This game has done what none other has, that is simulate real scenarios with real equipment, from opti-wands, door jams, and many less than lethal options. Your goal is to minimize casualties, rather than run around shooting everything you see. This with a realistic rating system makes this a must own. Even missing a suspects gun as evidence, or failing to report a detained civilian to trailers will affect your final rating. I played the hell out of this game co-op, and still has a very active community. That is saying something. A++ Expand
  34. Sep 2, 2014
    A tactical game about Swat. Even I did not expect to be so beautiful game. Tactical elements made ​​the whole game. Not just "Pom Pom" and "Congratulations, you have finished the game !!."
  35. Sep 13, 2013
    One of the best tactical shooter of all time. Only true defect is the less letal wewapon's umbalancing that ruin a bit the multyplayer experience, otherwise as perfect as no one else. The best epitaph possible for glorious sierra!
  36. Nov 9, 2014
    This is the best tactical shooter I've played. Simply because the game started to like everything you linked to Swat. This game is verry good. I like a lot.
  37. Oct 6, 2014
    Simply put, Swat 4 is one of the best tactical shooters i have ever played throughout the entirety of my gaming life. It incorporates real life hostage situations and adds a sense of excitement and Adrenalin into the user as it makes you truly feel as if you are in there shoes. Swat 4 uses very realistic sound effects and animations as well as incorporation of real life SWAT techniques inSimply put, Swat 4 is one of the best tactical shooters i have ever played throughout the entirety of my gaming life. It incorporates real life hostage situations and adds a sense of excitement and Adrenalin into the user as it makes you truly feel as if you are in there shoes. Swat 4 uses very realistic sound effects and animations as well as incorporation of real life SWAT techniques in which are used to give you the full SWAT simulation, Everything about this game is spot on and as real as it comes on the PC. Overall SWAT gives the user a unique approach towards FPS shooters and has taken risk on doing something different and succeeded. I am guessing there is not going to be a sequel to SWAT 4 but if there is i will be highly anticipating it and adding it to my list of games to play. Well done Sierra Entertainment for producing a very entertaining and addictive SWAT team FPS. Expand
  38. Feb 4, 2015
    Almost every single aspect of the game dilapidates once you touched it. The shooting is lame, 5 years old girl would be a batter shooter, than highly skilled SWAT officer. I mean, shooting during movement is not THAT hard for god's sake and you will never hit a single target in this game unless you stand still for at least 3 seconds, I guarantee it. The weapons list is short and most ofAlmost every single aspect of the game dilapidates once you touched it. The shooting is lame, 5 years old girl would be a batter shooter, than highly skilled SWAT officer. I mean, shooting during movement is not THAT hard for god's sake and you will never hit a single target in this game unless you stand still for at least 3 seconds, I guarantee it. The weapons list is short and most of the guns are useless. The enemies are too damn strong, and it's not about my HP or nice AI, it's about their supernatural abilities. (Well, sometimes they act like morons too). Damn modern gangs, recturing world's shooting champions and sh*t. I'd take them in my team instead of those 4 morons. Talking about AI, this is the dumbest AI I ever seen. The last time I played SWAT, I just sent them into a room by themselves to laugh a little. All of them died. And you know why? They were just looking at the enemy for 5 seconds, nobody even tried to make a single shot and he just killed them one by one. This is really damn important for a game in which you have to interact with 4 AI teammates to win, don't you think?

And yet, somehow, the game is good, overrated as hell, but good. It makes you feel that you are SWAT officer, it makes feel responsible for those idiots you call teammates. And it makes you incredibly satisfied about 100/100 score.
  39. May 18, 2015

There's something compelling about the room-to-room nature of the single-player missions that rarely gets old, even after you've failed a particular mission a dozen times.
    They've managed to make non-lethal tactics both important and fun with great sound bytes, exciting tactics, and a good selection of weapons.
  3. The newest iteration of the series is the best one yet, offering an intelligent and flexible interface, a varied and highly replayable campaign, as well as multiplayer modes that include cooperative play.