7.9

1. DaF
    Mar 3, 2009
    I am a big fan of space 4x, and lately I've been waiting for a good game to replace Master of Orion 2... I've been playing MOO2 for too long, it needs to rest. I tried Galactic Civilization, and I liked it for a little while. But not long. As for MOO3, don't get me started. SOTS is a refreshing new title that brings a lot of option and tons of fun features that will keep me I am a big fan of space 4x, and lately I've been waiting for a good game to replace Master of Orion 2... I've been playing MOO2 for too long, it needs to rest. I tried Galactic Civilization, and I liked it for a little while. But not long. As for MOO3, don't get me started. SOTS is a refreshing new title that brings a lot of option and tons of fun features that will keep me playing this game for years to come. A big must for fans of space 4x games. Expand
  2. PaulT.
    Aug 3, 2007
    Great additions to gameplay, interface, and content from the original game. Worth trying for all space 4x and RTS fans.
  3. Nov 5, 2011
    SOTS 1 is my favorite game. This expansion added the Zuul race which is great fun, they are the embodiment of evil, ship designs very evil-looking, they even have boarding chains :-)

However, you should just get the complete collection which includes the base game and all expansions, you can get it for $20 or less.
  4. Aug 22, 2013
    A lot of fun to play either alone or multiplayer although multiplayer can be quite slow. Simple game play, not a lot of "wow" factor to be found, but solid. Each expansion added meaningful improvements to game play.

1. Born of Blood is a very good, though brutally challenging, expansion to the turn-based space strategy game Sword of the Stars.
  2. Adds a brand new (and fun to play) race that adds a great new dynamic to the gameplay, as well as some nice features to keep things fresh for fans of the original game. However, if you weren’t a fan to begin with, you probably won’t be won over with this expansion.
  3. Brighter than ever. [Sept 2007, p.78]