Syberia II PC

8.4

1. Jan 27, 2017
    Syberia II is a disappointing sequel to me, since the first one started strong and introduced an amazing cast, as well as some of the best character development in a video game. This sequel undermines everything that made Syberia great, and to top it all off, the whole plot is boring and you can see everything happening a mile away. The content is comparable to modern story DLCs where theSyberia II is a disappointing sequel to me, since the first one started strong and introduced an amazing cast, as well as some of the best character development in a video game. This sequel undermines everything that made Syberia great, and to top it all off, the whole plot is boring and you can see everything happening a mile away. The content is comparable to modern story DLCs where the final chapter of a game is seperated from the main storyline and is sold seperately. Syberia II doesn't work well as a standalone, and it isn't accomodating to new players who didn't play the first game; the story is a hodgepodge without proper context from Syberia. There's no character development and not much has been changed on the gameplay side of things - it's like the studio were assuming that only players of the first title would be interested this sequel. Overall, it's not a bad game, but don't get your expectations too high or you'll just be disappointed at the end.

What I Liked And Didn't Like:
    *For fans of Syberia, the game ends in a very satisfying manner and Kate's wanderlust has proven to be worth it but the journey towards their goal is so drab and boring. Side characters have no lasting impact on both Kate and Hans, the antagonists are comical, and key plot points reveal in an unsatisfying manner. Syberia II just didn't work for me since this game is all about fulfilling an agenda, rather than satiating Kate's desires of discovering herself, and expanding the mythos surrounding Hans Voralberg.

*The backtracking had been minimized considerably but some puzzles are so obscure and complex, you have to scour every inch of the levels and read every note to find the solution, making the player backtrack a lot, regardless of the improvements made to counter that. True story: I never consulted guides during my playthrough of Syberia, but Syberia II prompted me to do otherwise.

And there you have it.

1. While this sequel doesn't quite capture the ineffable magic of the original game, it's still a strong follow-up that easily surpasses many recent adventures.
  2. Victim of being a follow up to one of the best adventure titles ever made, but don’t let that stop of you from enjoying a game that is still above most of what’s available in this genre. If I enjoyed this game at all, there’s NO WAY you won’t.
  3. The game flows beautifully and it is a joy to play. The game world is rich and detailed and backed up by some good narrative, excellent art design and sound work. The only real gripe I had with Syberia II is that it doesn't bother to hide the fact it's a niche product.