Syberia PC

8.5

1. MarcA.
    Apr 1, 2005
    Really good adventure. I don't ever rate a game 10, as that is for truly perfect games. It doesn't get a 9 simply because the puzzles shift between very easy and absolutely unsolvable without a solution. Still: excellent grafix and great atmosphere and sounddesign.
  2. ShawnH.
    May 18, 2005
    This is an entertaining game with beautiful graphics. Game locations are varied and creative. Sound effects are appropriate and realistic. Story is told through interactions with others and through the use of cutscenes. The cutscenes are nicely done. I have been stumped a couple of times while playing the game and needed help from a walkthru, but for the most part, gameplay and puzzles This is an entertaining game with beautiful graphics. Game locations are varied and creative. Sound effects are appropriate and realistic. Story is told through interactions with others and through the use of cutscenes. The cutscenes are nicely done. I have been stumped a couple of times while playing the game and needed help from a walkthru, but for the most part, gameplay and puzzles are well balanced. Expand
  3. PaulW.
    Apr 29, 2003
    Very good game.
  4. ItaiS.
    Oct 20, 2005
    Best adventure game I've set my eyes on!
  5. PauloF.
    Nov 2, 2003
    After Grim Fandango, the best adventure game.
  6. DominickP.
    Feb 16, 2005
    Finally a great adventure game. Amazing graphics and puzzles hard enough, but you don't get stuck for hours. I can't givethis one a 10 because of 2 reasons: 1. there is a lot of walking back and forth, going through multiple screens which can get very frustrating. 2. The side story about your fiancé and your best friend that, as a guy, could not care less.
  7. Aug 27, 2013
    Syberia manages to find just the right amount of difficulty (possible to complete without a walk-through), dialogue, exploration, puzzle solving, and compelling story for a classic adventure game.

The voice work is impeccable and the graphics hold up quite well into 2013 (suffering only from aliasing on the characters which any modern graphics card can easily eliminate.) From the

From the title you might be expecting the adventure to take place in a frozen tundra far from civilization, but instead it has Kate Walker (the main character) gallivanting through a multitude of fictional settings ranging from a large robotic toy factory in a small European village to a secret abandoned communist space complex as you seek to find a mysterious mechanical savant. And of course along the way you run across all kinds of his mechanical wonders that serve as the premise for some interesting visuals and stories.

The game does have a few little nitpick faults though that I might as well mention:

1) Kate's cellphone is one of the main methods of storytelling. She gets calls from her boss, friends, mom, boyfriend, et al. This adds great depth to your character, but can also become a drag when you are in the middle of something interesting and *ring ring* "Its your boyfriend Dan" with more idle chit-chat. Bugger off Dan!

2) The ending. It doesn't have one. If you want a complete story you have to buy Syberia 2! Considering this game offers up ~12hrs of game-play its by no means a deal breaker (especially since these games are dirt cheap now), but its worth pointing out.

Final Score: 9/10. Despite being released way back in 2002 this is still one of the better adventures out there.
  8. Nov 9, 2012
    syberia ist mehr kunst als adventure. das gefühl, das bei syberia auftrat, ist eines, das ich noch nie bei einem videospiel gehabt hatte, ein bißchen so, als ich in der grundschule märchen gelesen habe und man erst langsam merkt, nach welchen regeln die logik in der welt der geschichte funktioniert. vieles im spiel übersteigt die kapazitäten unserer welt, aber insyberia ist mehr kunst als adventure. das gefühl, das bei syberia auftrat, ist eines, das ich noch nie bei einem videospiel gehabt hatte, ein bißchen so, als ich in der grundschule märchen gelesen habe und man erst langsam merkt, nach welchen regeln die logik in der welt der geschichte funktioniert. vieles im spiel übersteigt die kapazitäten unserer welt, aber in der geschichte treten auch hindernisse auf, die voll und ganz weltliche probleme sind. syberia ist wie eine mystische schamenwelt, die unsere logische welt imitiert, um besser verständlich zu sein. Expand
  9. Mar 30, 2013
    Syberia is a pure adventure game. Story of syberia takes place as you might guess by the name of the game, in a frozen town where people life was handled by robotic people and you have come to buy the company and regain its reputation agian after the death of its owner. But sounds like the owner's brother is still alive where you do not know and it brings you to a breath taking andSyberia is a pure adventure game. Story of syberia takes place as you might guess by the name of the game, in a frozen town where people life was handled by robotic people and you have come to buy the company and regain its reputation agian after the death of its owner. But sounds like the owner's brother is still alive where you do not know and it brings you to a breath taking and beautiful adventure where you will discover the life of this people, their culture through out a nice written story and awesome art direction. Syberia has quiet challenging puzzle through out the game and it might take you a while to figure out the solutions but they are that much interesting and nicely put together that makes you never bored of it. Story is just awesome and really unforgeable. Graphics are pre-rendered environments but the art directions is somehow awesome job. Overall Syberia is an unforgettable game. Expand
  10. Dec 27, 2012
    This is one of the real classic adventure games. It borrows a lot of the good from older classics like The Longest Journey, but applies a very unique steampunk style. The graphics are a bit dated by 2012 standards, but they are still very pretty to look at and they complement the story well. This game is an adventure first and a puzzle game second. The puzzles are fun but not very hard andThis is one of the real classic adventure games. It borrows a lot of the good from older classics like The Longest Journey, but applies a very unique steampunk style. The graphics are a bit dated by 2012 standards, but they are still very pretty to look at and they complement the story well. This game is an adventure first and a puzzle game second. The puzzles are fun but not very hard and not very numerous. I used hints once or twice, but that should not be necessary for most players. The game is well designed in that there are always cues to let the player know what needs to happen next. I would recommend this to anyone who likes adventure games. I don't remember a lot of bad language or adult themes, so I think this would be a good games for older children/tweens. Expand
  11. May 2, 2013
    Consigliatissima, una dellle avventure grafiche più belle a cui abbia giocato. Certo non esente da imperfezioni, gli enigmi non sono sicuramente difficili da risolvere, la longevità non altissima... ma in ogni caso l'ottima trama, il game design, la perfetta caratterizzazione dei personaggi, contribuiscono a rendere questo gioco un must per tutti.
    Insomma, divertente e stimolante!
  12. Nov 27, 2013
    With the passing of time, you realize what are the real gems among the video games of the past, and take advantage of the new versions (renovated) and the bargain prices to get these again...

And so... what better than play again the masterpiece of Benoît Sokal?

One of the most inspired games of all time: dreamy, melancholy and funny at the same time!

And I look forward to Syberia 3...
  13. Jan 3, 2014
    I can't believe I didn't hear more about this game before I decided to play it. It really deserves to be a well known classic, alongside The Longest Journey.

The world of Syberia is similar to ours, but slightly different, in its possessing intricate automaton inventions. While Kate Walker's journey takes her to different and fascinating locations, the plot is not exactly epic. There are many things to admire in this game, such as the details in the character and background animations, the absolutely gorgeous environments, and the creativity. You can definitely feel the love and effort the creators put into the game. It's hard for me to describe one of the best things that Syberia does well... but I'm going to try: the world it creates is not exactly exciting, but rather relaxing in its wonderment. The atmosphere is calming and whimsical. There are no death screens, no way for you to mess up or have to start over. Just you exploring. Although it might not be big on action, Syberia definitely has a lot to say. Throughout the narrative as Kate changes, the game tells both her and you that you are capable of much more than you think. The game will move you at parts, if you let it.

Keep in mind there is a sequel to this game, so some issues are left unresolved, but I feel that even without a sequel, the themes and character arcs of this story work well, even standing alone.

A few things that detract from the game are the inability to make Kate move faster during some animations like walking up stairs which make backtracking irritating, some difficult puzzles that you might need a walkthrough for, and interactive items that are sometimes easy to miss.

However, these things ultimately do not take away from how much the world will enthrall you, and how much you won't want to leave when the story ends. Pick up this game if you're looking for a calming adventure to help you unwind.
  14. Jun 7, 2015
    Steampunk style point-and-click with really nice graphics (just remember it was made in 2002) and fantastic voice acting (one of best I've ever heard in an adventure game).

Village mysteries, steampunk factories, amazing airships and intricate automatons - all this explored by young New York lawyer, Kate Walker. "Syberia" has some shortcomings, namely some annoying unskippable

"Syberia" has some shortcomings, namely some annoying unskippable animations (like stair or ladder climbing) and it is quite linear, but the story is so great I would definitely recommend it anyway!

GRAPHICS: 8/10
    AUDIO: 9/10
    GAMEPLAY: 7/10
    STORY: 10/10
  15. Oct 29, 2014
    There is really not much to say about Syberia next to the recommendation to play it yourself if you want to know what adventure is meant to be. The graphics are very advanced for the time and also the music is flashing and atmospheric. The story is indeed very moving and nice to listen to, although there is a very questionable conclusion of the main story which reveals that the game hasThere is really not much to say about Syberia next to the recommendation to play it yourself if you want to know what adventure is meant to be. The graphics are very advanced for the time and also the music is flashing and atmospheric. The story is indeed very moving and nice to listen to, although there is a very questionable conclusion of the main story which reveals that the game has actually nothing to do with its title...

The only two points I have to criticize are firstly the lack of logic sometimes and secondly the simplicity of the puzzles, if you want to call them puzzles. It's merely finding an object and carrying it to a certain location. But nevertheless this game is epochal and an absolute must for every adventure fan.
  16. Jun 13, 2016
    Super Nova Outstanding Click and Point masterpiece Game for ever....inşa ALLAH,Maşa ALLAH

Kate Walker, bir avukatlık şirketi adına çalışan, Valadilene'deki Voralberg fabrikasını bir müşteri adına satın almak için görevlendirilen kariyerinin başında genç bir avukattır. Görevinin sadece bir imza alıp hemen dönecek kadar basit olduğunu düşünmektedir. Köye geldiğinde imza alacağı kişi Anna Voralberg'ün öldüğünü ve bir varisinin olduğunu, bu varisin de Syberia diye bir yerde olduğunu öğrenir ve görevinin hiç de basit olmadığını anlar.
    Syberia'ya gitme yolları arayan Kate, otomat makinist Oscar ile tanışıp onun eksik parçalarını tamamlar, bu arada Voralberg fabrikasının neden iflas ettiğini öğrenir, herkese de işinin uzayacağını söyler. En sonunda Oscar'ı kurmalı bir trenle yolculuğa gitmeye ikna eden Kate, yolculuğu sırasında Hans Voralberg'in geçmişi hakkında çok şey öğrenir. Barrockstadt'da üniversite okuyan Hans, başarısız bir öğrenci ama büyük bir mucit olmuştur. Sonrasında Ruslara yardım etmiş ve Komkolzgrad isimli sanayi kentinde bir sürü otomat icat eden Hans'ın uzay projesinin bile olduğu, fakat bunu iptal ettiği ortaya çıkar. O sırada da Kate, paragöz patronu tarafından sürekli rahatsız edilmektedir ve nişanlısı, Kate'i beklemek yerine Kate'in en iyi arkadaşı Olivia ile çıkmaya başlar ve Kate'i onunla aldatır.
  17. Jul 29, 2016
    one of best journey of my lifetime : ..................................................................................................................
  18. Mar 21, 2017
    Uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado sin duda, los graficos son de lo mejor para ser 2002, unos personajes intrigantes con ganas de saber más de ellos, una bso corta pero cada pieza es única
  19. Jan 27, 2017
    Syberia is an amazing adventure game, and one that you should play if you're a fan of the genre. I picked this up on sale for $3, and I have to say that this game is worth more than that; my 19 hours spent playing it had been one of the best experiences that I've had in gaming. The story is great, and it really caught my attention from the beginning, keeping me glued to my seat just to seeSyberia is an amazing adventure game, and one that you should play if you're a fan of the genre. I picked this up on sale for $3, and I have to say that this game is worth more than that; my 19 hours spent playing it had been one of the best experiences that I've had in gaming. The story is great, and it really caught my attention from the beginning, keeping me glued to my seat just to see what happens next. There's an absolute charm to be found in Syberia, and the attention to detail in regards to the cast's dialogue and personalities made the game stand out.

The story follows Kate Walker: an American lawyer who was sent by her firm to the French town of Valadilene to settle a huge deal. She was tasked with obtaining the signature of one Anna Voralberg in order to complete an American company's takeover of the once renowned Voralberg factory: makers of world-class automatons. The problem is, Anna Voralberg has been dead for a couple of days before Kate arrived and she is now forced to stay and find a supposed heir, leading her to a quest to find a man known as Hans Voralberg.

Syberia is quite simple in terms of gameplay. It's your standard point-and-click with puzzle solving and detective elements; it has nothing groundbreaking to offer and its main draw lies in its simplicity. Unlike its peers, the game is pretty straightforward, and you won't get lost and have problems on where to go next or what puzzles to solve, despite having some very expansive areas. Difficulty-wise, the puzzles range from mundane to having the right amount of challenge, and since the game incorporates elements of steampunk, expect some weird and cooky contraptions to tinker with. The protagonist even has a satellite phone which she uses a number of times to talk to her relatives back home, and gain information that she couldn't access in a remote place. The phone is her only link to the outside world and it's interesting to see that she uses it less and less as the player progresses, since she becomes more independent and more curious. Throughout the levels, there are optional documents which can be discovered, that provide detailed insights on the world and its inhabitants. Some contain clues on how puzzles can be solved and most of them are just great reads that flesh out the story. My only gripe with the game is that backtracking is so excessive. Puzzles that could have been solved by player intuition is held back by dialogue checks and the need to show puzzle pieces bit by bit because of story reasons. There's even a section in the game where you have to go back and forth between two characters that are a minute away - in real time - from each other for at least 3 times, because one is too secretive and you have to persuade the other to spill the beans. Just a minor gripe and you'll get used to it somehow, but I hope that I'll never tread the same path again in the sequel.

And there you have it.

1. It is really hard for a run-of-the-mill writer like me to do justice to Syberia in describing it. Ultimately all I can tell you is this: Play it yourself! It is not likely you will be disappointed.
  2. Plot issues, questionable voice acting and a frustrating control scheme mask an otherwise good adventure title.
  3. Game Informer