7.8

1. Aug 7, 2012
    Worth all the 9$. Really fun and entertaining, a lot of customization with tons of power up and different weapons. All the level are different and there are a lot of difficult modes (six) , the only downside is that there are not many different enemies. I have played for 2 hours straight and didn't feel it was repetitive at all or anyway not more repetitive than every other game of thisWorth all the 9$. Really fun and entertaining, a lot of customization with tons of power up and different weapons. All the level are different and there are a lot of difficult modes (six) , the only downside is that there are not many different enemies. I have played for 2 hours straight and didn't feel it was repetitive at all or anyway not more repetitive than every other game of this genre.
    But anyway it's a really good game for his low price.
  2. Aug 7, 2012
    Easily worth the entertainment value for only $9 bucks. It does make listening to music that much more enjoyable and each of your songs is it's own level. Get this game.
  3. Aug 9, 2012
    I'm a fan of music games, so I bought this game the day it was released. It is beautiful, simple and a great way to re-experience your music. My only pet peeve with it was that it failed to recognize my iTunes library at first, and it took me a bit of time to figure out I had to download the latest version of Quick Time to get it to work. The game play experience is clean, simple and fun.I'm a fan of music games, so I bought this game the day it was released. It is beautiful, simple and a great way to re-experience your music. My only pet peeve with it was that it failed to recognize my iTunes library at first, and it took me a bit of time to figure out I had to download the latest version of Quick Time to get it to work. The game play experience is clean, simple and fun. As you progress through the levels of difficulty, you also get progressively deeper interactions with enemies that warp or change the music in different ways until you kill them. The ship's progression mechanic and the ability to unlock a multitude of weapon and customize your ship accordingly kept my interest in the game's mechanic going, but ultimately - it is the experience of playing a cool game on top of your favorite music that draws me back to it. For the price-point it's at - I highly recommend this game. It feels cleaner and better than Beat Hazard, and it provides a different and novel visual experience.

If - like me - you have a large song library of tunes you love, this is a great way to re-experience and rediscover your music ;).
  4. Sep 23, 2012
    Seeing as I had high hopes for this game, I was really anxious to play it. It did not disappoint. This musical shoot em up is a wonderful masterpiece created for music lovers everywhere. The game is addicting, colorful, and challenging. And the ability to add your own music makes it even more impressive. All in all, it's a great game, which I don't consider perfect, but is still a gem.Seeing as I had high hopes for this game, I was really anxious to play it. It did not disappoint. This musical shoot em up is a wonderful masterpiece created for music lovers everywhere. The game is addicting, colorful, and challenging. And the ability to add your own music makes it even more impressive. All in all, it's a great game, which I don't consider perfect, but is still a gem. 9/10 from me. Expand
  5. Sep 4, 2012
    Anyone praising Beat Hazard forget about it instantly and go pick this one up! Symphony is an amazing game really, I just can't stop playing it. And with a few thousand songs from various soundtracks through game music to my favourite metal bands, this title will keep me occupied for quite some time. Beat Hazard is seriously boring compared to Symphony. Symphony has a lot of cool ideas, aAnyone praising Beat Hazard forget about it instantly and go pick this one up! Symphony is an amazing game really, I just can't stop playing it. And with a few thousand songs from various soundtracks through game music to my favourite metal bands, this title will keep me occupied for quite some time. Beat Hazard is seriously boring compared to Symphony. Symphony has a lot of cool ideas, a little story background and a far better drive. You'll always want to play just one more song :) Expand
  6. Jan 8, 2013
    Spent $5 when it was on sale in Steam,but it worth the full price. The best part is you can play the game with any of your favorite music files on your hard drive!!! Plus this is a shooting game. This makes the game more perfect since I like shooting. You can upgrade your ship as you complete songs. It take a while (20 sec maybe) to initiate/analyze a new song, and the game does not readSpent $5 when it was on sale in Steam,but it worth the full price. The best part is you can play the game with any of your favorite music files on your hard drive!!! Plus this is a shooting game. This makes the game more perfect since I like shooting. You can upgrade your ship as you complete songs. It take a while (20 sec maybe) to initiate/analyze a new song, and the game does not read Asian language font. Expand
  7. Sep 8, 2012
    If you like arena shooters this is the kind of one. You get to listen to your music collection while shooting stuff. Very rewarding gameplay with unlocks system. 6 degrees of difficulty making the game even longer. Stunningly nice looking graphics eventho it looks as simple graphic. Perfect game for relaxation.
  8. Sep 1, 2012
    Un remake petit prix sauce Audiosurf en Space Invader, et ce avec votre propre musique, ça change, c'est addictif et je crois que c'est que nous demandons tous actuellement en terme de jeux vidéos :)
  9. Apr 15, 2013
    Symphony is an amazing game that lets you turn your music into a 2d shooter. It has a good customization option for the ship that you pilot, and the different weapons offer many different play styles. The bosses and enemies are also quite nice and enter and attack to the rhythm of the music. My only complaint is the difficulty spike once you get into the mezzo-forte difficulty but it isSymphony is an amazing game that lets you turn your music into a 2d shooter. It has a good customization option for the ship that you pilot, and the different weapons offer many different play styles. The bosses and enemies are also quite nice and enter and attack to the rhythm of the music. My only complaint is the difficulty spike once you get into the mezzo-forte difficulty but it is still a really fun game. It is easily worth its small price tag Expand
  10. Aug 28, 2013
    A well-crafted, supremely enjoyable game. The only reason it's not a ten is that it is sometimes difficult to see what is going on amidst all the chaos of the ships and bullets. For nine dollars, it's a steal.

Guitar Hero, meet your new nemesis.

1. Oct 11, 2012
    Busy and discordant. [Oct 2012, p.76]
  2. Oct 5, 2012
    Symphony is fun, pure and simple. [Dec 2012, p.75]
  3. Sep 18, 2012
    This well-made musical shoot 'em up probably won't live up to the classics, but it manages to entertain for long hours. Fortunately, some flaws here and there do not bring the gameplay enjoyment down. If you love music and shoot 'em ups at least a bit, you can't go wrong with Symphony.