5.8

1. Sep 6, 2013
    Buggy, laggy, horribly ugly, unoptimized, unbalanced, freemium pay-to-win cashgrab garbage. The interface is a war crime. Server list doesn't display ping times so you never know before you connect. Hit detection is very, very erratic. Sometimes it feels perfect, other times it's hilariously bad. All modes are essentially unplayable due to constant client lag and stutter, even with 20 ping on a beastly rig. The game's reason for existence becomes very clear a few minutes after you start playing for the first time: you start with almost no guns and no items (not even grenades) and everything has to be unlocked with long sessions of grinding or directly with cash. I estimate you could unlock 1 gun permanently for every 70~ hours played that's how slow it is. Obviously they want you to pony up and spend, oh to take one example, 10 dollars merely to unlock one single gun. Insulting. With so many playable, modern freemium games available, there's no reason to even bother looking at this laughably dated cashgrab. Expand
  2. Oct 8, 2013
    I really want to like this game. It seems so perfect. Map destruction, epic gunfights with cars and tactical gameplay. But it does not play as epicly as it looks in the screenshots. The graphics are quite dated, counter strike gameplay is completely gone except for the fact that you can't aim down sights, and the game is just not satisfying or rewarding. This sounded great in theory, but it did not do good in the field. Do not waste your space on your hard drive with this game. There are numerous better free to plays out there that you can really sink your teeth into. HazardXMedia Rating: 4/10. Expand
  3. Oct 12, 2013
    I find that tactical intervention is quite unstable as it has stop responding multiple times, crashed etc. Also the one thing also the pay to win. One of the most unbalancing payment models to go for this leads to unbalancing game play and quite the hateful community. overall similar to black light. it was a fairly decent idea in all honesty done wrong and coded pathetically.
  4. Oct 23, 2013
    Tactical The gameplay is crap, the only thing players care about is the garbage you have to pay for, the game is just a very poorly made copy of CS:S and is garbage. Don't play it. I'd rather play a 1992 game.
  5. Oct 10, 2013
    This game was like getting hit in the face with an AIDS filled water-balloon. If you like pay-to-win, then you might not hate it. Might not. It is buggy. Enjoy the dated look of it if you can, and by all means have guessing what the ping is going to be like from server to server, because the game sure doesn't tell you.

It's only saving grace was that it did kind of remind me of
    counterstrike on a very basic level. It gets a 1. Expand
  6. Nov 14, 2013
    Well i just finished playing "Tactical Intervention" and i am sad to say it was bad, i really wanted it to be something i could keep playing for years, i was wrong, anyway its basically budget version of COD, if your missing CSS just play that and don't waste your time
  7. Oct 27, 2013
    A nice concept but unfortunately this game is plagued with mediocre gameplay, a hideous UI, generally standard level design, and the typical "pay-to-win" feeling that comes with many free games. To make it worse this game is incredibly buggy and is absurdly dated. Nothing about this feels how a modern FPS should.
  8. Nov 18, 2013
    Tactical Intervention is a FPS which uses the source engine. This game is in a state of Needs A Update. It's okay but I would expect a lot more from the person who gave us CS-1.7 and CS:Source. Yes the person who made Counter-Strike made this mess. I think the man was trying to stick to EVERYTHING LOOK 2004 OTHER WISE I KILL YOU! However there is just 1 mission that makes up for this game. That's why it's a 4. MISSION HIGHWAY. A mission about traveling round in glitchy cars bashing the FBI while shooting out a window at some on coming traffic. It is stupid fun. The driving is stale and the gamemode also becomes stale after a while which is a same. Although it does try to mix up the matches. Though it does now work to well.

Overall
    -Bad Graphics
    -Glitchy Gameplay
    -Stupidly Fun Highway Mission
    Score 46/100
  9. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is terrible. The graphics are shoddy, the animation choppy, and it's just a terrible game. There are better titles out there--don't waste your time or money playing poorly made games.
  10. Nov 28, 2013
    Tactical Intervention Possibly the worst recent shooter game.
    The game was said to succeed Counter-Strike, however all it does is giving you an early 2000's style graphics and gameplay that copies other Free to play shooters.
    The only way to make it better is to turn it into a blocky world like Ace of spades.
    I would say that it's at least an 'okay' game for those who want an FPS
    experience for free, however if you want to have the full Tactical Intervention experience you will need to buy weapons for real money, and it won't stay forever anyway.
    Not to mention how buggy it is.
  11. Dec 18, 2013
    No. Sorry. I love CS and all the free to play stuff that came with it. Also all unreal mods. Even the ones. But this ist a MESS.

It is trying to be too much at the same time.

1. Oct 28, 2013
    Glimmers of that CS charm, but needs another year in development and local servers before standing alongside such heavyweights. [Nov 2013, p.91]
  2. Oct 17, 2013
    Tactical Intervention has been proclaimed as the new Counter Strike's successor. That was the expectation. Reality give us a game that is simply not worthy to be compared to the Counter Stike brand, because of the extremely buggy technical structure, the "free-to-PAY" attitude, and some anachronistic gameplay choices. We won't say it's completely rubbish, it can be even fun for some minutes, indeed, but we don't think we will spend any other time (or money) again on it.
  3. Oct 7, 2013
    It feels rushed and it's probably only good as a reminder how unapproachable team shooters have been at the turn of the millennium.