Tactical Intervention PC

5.8

1. Jan 14, 2014
    Pros: Fun gameplay, good concept, lots of players, "free-to-play"

Cons: Pay to win, bad graphics, can be buggy, bad vehicular control, no iron site/scope for weapons (unless you buy extras)
  2. Sep 5, 2013
    Outdated, yes... Glitchy, yes...
    But Tactical Intervention has managed to remind us again why FPS got so popular in the first place.
    This is a no-bullsh*t game, it's all about shooting and that's makes an FPS... FPS.
    Realism has been removed from TI, giving it a unique action-movie quality like feel. But it also allows for many memorable gameplay moments. Bring some friends and get drunk.
  3. Oct 4, 2013
    This is a good game for it being free to play. However their is no much this game does to separate its self from your run of the mill FPS. Plus theirs small thing that bothered me about the game as well, like no sound track or any kind intro that would make you want to play the game. Also, the lack a tutorial level to show the games feathers made learning all the controls difficult. ThisThis is a good game for it being free to play. However their is no much this game does to separate its self from your run of the mill FPS. Plus theirs small thing that bothered me about the game as well, like no sound track or any kind intro that would make you want to play the game. Also, the lack a tutorial level to show the games feathers made learning all the controls difficult. This game is decently worth a try, especially for being free to play. Expand
  4. Oct 8, 2013
    Decent game for a f2p, car mode is real fun, and is just a generally nice game to play. It has just come out of beta, despite critic reviews before hand... but give it a try, even though it has its problems.
  5. Oct 23, 2013
    I wish goose picked a better developer to make this =/
    It has a lot of really good ideas, and he himself is a damn legend, but the studio he works with could be better. This game should NOT be a free to play either. I'd happily shell out $60 for this game if goose developed it on his own, or if he picked a better studio to make it.
    As it stands now, the game has tons of potential, with
    I wish goose picked a better developer to make this =/

As it stands now, the game has tons of potential, with some interesting design choices. But is plagued with bugs, horrible presentation, wonky animations, a really poorly implemented Pay-To-Win cash market, and a tiny community.

Dispict these issues, the game still manages to be fun at times, which says there are a lot of good design in this game, just terrible execution.

Hopefully this game will get better with time, or perhaps a whole new version.

Worth keeping an eye on, but not worth your time in it's current state.
  6. Feb 19, 2014
    I was on the fence about this game for a long time. The game is run on an early source engine and the game is a mod so I can forgive the dated look. The gameplay is solid and more skillful and tactical than CoD, but less so than games like Counter Strike and Insurgency. The maps are great and mission and highway mode are awesome. But the game has its flaws. The game is "pay to grind less".I was on the fence about this game for a long time. The game is run on an early source engine and the game is a mod so I can forgive the dated look. The gameplay is solid and more skillful and tactical than CoD, but less so than games like Counter Strike and Insurgency. The maps are great and mission and highway mode are awesome. But the game has its flaws. The game is "pay to grind less". I wont say pay to win because you can unlock things without spending a penny, but it will require hundreds of hours of play before you get a complete set of weapons and armor. Players can purchase body armor to take less damage and buy guns that do more than the free ones which does make it unfair at times, but if you are good you can still beat them with well placed shots. The game is fun so since its free I would give it a shot. But I would sink some serious time into it to see if its for you before you make any in game purchases. Expand
  7. Nov 22, 2013
    Hilariously bad game. Very buggy, basic and lazy looking, but sometimes great fun to mess around on with friends. Being free-to-play I can't complain about wasting my money.
  8. Oct 15, 2013
    This game has outdated graphics, and they can't be helped at all by changing the graphical options, If you can get past the graphical issues, then this game is very fun and addictive. The range of game modes are VERY fun as well, probably the strangest one being the car chases, but they are fun and fast paced, the only thing that is bad is the drivers point of view of the car windscreen isThis game has outdated graphics, and they can't be helped at all by changing the graphical options, If you can get past the graphical issues, then this game is very fun and addictive. The range of game modes are VERY fun as well, probably the strangest one being the car chases, but they are fun and fast paced, the only thing that is bad is the drivers point of view of the car windscreen is annoying, because it's positioning makes it hard to see the road. But if you can get over the graphics and at some rare points game play issues, then this game is perfect for you. You don't need to pay to get good, I easily got into the top 3 in the leader board, and I'm not bad or good at these types of games. This is a VERY good free alternative to Counter Strike. Expand
  9. Mar 10, 2014
    There are games out there that are down right terrible. But, there are games that are bad but very fun. For example, Tactical Intervention. If you look at this game technically, the game sucks butt. But, if look at it in a just for fun way, the game is decent. The game may be shallow, buggy, and graphically terrible, but if it wasn't fun, it would be a 1/10. I am addicted, ya, i am. It isThere are games out there that are down right terrible. But, there are games that are bad but very fun. For example, Tactical Intervention. If you look at this game technically, the game sucks butt. But, if look at it in a just for fun way, the game is decent. The game may be shallow, buggy, and graphically terrible, but if it wasn't fun, it would be a 1/10. I am addicted, ya, i am. It is so bad, but fun. There are creative ways to take out enemies, and that is a strength. You can roll, lean, blind fire, and just go guns a blazing. Another strength is the rental system. Like Blacklight, you can rent a gun for 1 day, 7 days, or keep it. The last strength is the game modes. Some are bad ideas, but there alot of fun. The recoil though. JESUS! It is bad. The guns go BEZZERK! The recoil is bad! SO the final verdict: 6/10. I would prefer this to FPS fans. And it is free to play. YAY! Expand
  10. Mar 1, 2015
    Tactical Intervention is a game involving unique game modes and gameplay. Considering that the game is a free multiplayer game, it contains reasonable graphics. However comparing to other games, the graphics do not meet a high standard and are unstable.
    Nevertheless after several updates, the developers managed to improve the stability of the graphics and the movements have become more smooth.
    Moreover it is a game that can be played by many people, whether their computer specs are not very good or excellent.
    There have been many complaints about the game crashing - well from personal experience, I suggest you check your computer specs or clean out all useless files in your computer, because I am not having any problem playing the game, yet I do not have a very good gaming computer.

To conclude, Tactical Intervention may not have the "requirements", features or graphics that present-day FPS's have - however not considering the amount of lag and bug, it is one very strong and good FREE FPS game.

1. PC PowerPlay
    Oct 28, 2013
    Glimmers of that CS charm, but needs another year in development and local servers before standing alongside such heavyweights. [Nov 2013, p.91]
  2. Oct 17, 2013
    Tactical Intervention has been proclaimed as the new Counter Strike's successor. That was the expectation. Reality give us a game that is simply not worthy to be compared to the Counter Stike brand, because of the extremely buggy technical structure, the "free-to-PAY" attitude, and some anachronistic gameplay choices. We won't say it's completely rubbish, it can be even fun for some minutes, indeed, but we don't think we will spend any other time (or money) again on it.
  3. Oct 7, 2013
    It feels rushed and it's probably only good as a reminder how unapproachable team shooters have been at the turn of the millennium.