5.8

1. Sep 4, 2013
    This is really nice game for Free 2 Play form. Yes, there are some bugs and glitches with animations, but that's not so big trouble. Nice gameplay and ideas like battle actions on roads in cars are awesome. I really like this game.
  2. Sep 6, 2013
    Buggy, laggy, horribly ugly, unoptimized, unbalanced, freemium pay-to-win cashgrab garbage. The interface is a war crime. Server list doesn't display ping times so you never know before you connect. Hit detection is very, very erratic. Sometimes it feels perfect, other times it's hilariously bad. All modes are essentially unplayable due to constant client lag and stutter, even with 20 ping on a beastly rig. The game's reason for existence becomes very clear a few minutes after you start playing for the first time: you start with almost no guns and no items (not even grenades) and everything has to be unlocked with long sessions of grinding or directly with cash. I estimate you could unlock 1 gun permanently for every 70~ hours played that's how slow it is. Obviously they want you to pony up and spend, oh to take one example, 10 dollars merely to unlock one single gun. Insulting. With so many playable, modern freemium games available, there's no reason to even bother looking at this laughably dated cashgrab. Expand
  3. Sep 5, 2013
    Outdated, yes... Glitchy, yes...
    But Tactical Intervention has managed to remind us again why FPS got so popular in the first place.
    This is a no-bullsh*t game, it's all about shooting and that's makes an FPS... FPS.
    Realism has been removed from TI, giving it a unique action-movie quality like feel. But it also allows for many memorable gameplay moments. Bring some friends and get drunk.
  4. Sep 20, 2013
    Love this game, it has glitches but when you consider its a free to play game, the game play gets good. Oh and no pay to win witch is nice, well not yet anyway...
  5. Oct 4, 2013
    This is a good game for it being free to play. However their is no much this game does to separate its self from your run of the mill FPS. Plus theirs small thing that bothered me about the game as well, like no sound track or any kind intro that would make you want to play the game. Also, the lack a tutorial level to show the games feathers made learning all the controls difficult. This game is decently worth a try, especially for being free to play. Expand
  6. Oct 8, 2013
    Decent game for a f2p, car mode is real fun, and is just a generally nice game to play. It has just come out of beta, despite critic reviews before hand... but give it a try, even though it has its problems.
  7. Oct 8, 2013
    I really want to like this game. It seems so perfect. Map destruction, epic gunfights with cars and tactical gameplay. But it does not play as epicly as it looks in the screenshots. The graphics are quite dated, counter strike gameplay is completely gone except for the fact that you can't aim down sights, and the game is just not satisfying or rewarding. This sounded great in theory, but it did not do good in the field. Do not waste your space on your hard drive with this game. There are numerous better free to plays out there that you can really sink your teeth into. HazardXMedia Rating: 4/10. Expand
  8. Oct 9, 2013
    This game is pretty cool. The highway level with its hollywood buster like car chase to catch a VIP with his suitcase was one of the most addictive levels i've ever played. Just for that experience its worth a download, hey, its free!
  9. Oct 10, 2013
    All these zeroes are unjustified. It's a beta and the devs already know about it's problems. Every bloody zero here and even those that in the critics section are retarded. You don't rate a game when it's in beta. Does anyone give scores to battlefield 3 during it's beta. During bf3 beta, the game was sooooo bad. Even the bf4 beta right now is pretty bad with graphics and glitches. Does anybody go ahead and make crazy uniformed choices? So please please please. Give this game a chance. Expand
  10. Oct 10, 2013
    The co-creator from CS who make a best FPS game for us and we must say thank to them not for any reiview bullshjt for it..and this is play for free not fore sell like vale took his idea and sell for them self..
  11. Oct 11, 2013
    This game is incredible. I say boo to anyone who gives this game anything lower than a 7. Sure, it has it's fair share of bugs, but it really is what I call an FPS. It's a really good pew pew game.
  12. Oct 12, 2013
    I find that tactical intervention is quite unstable as it has stop responding multiple times, crashed etc. Also the one thing also the pay to win. One of the most unbalancing payment models to go for this leads to unbalancing game play and quite the hateful community. overall similar to black light. it was a fairly decent idea in all honesty done wrong and coded pathetically.
  13. Oct 13, 2013
    Fun and simple. Animation glitches in this game are HILARIOUS. Although the game lacks content and is VERY buggy, it's still fun with hostages/highway gamemode. Optimization is but I never ran into problems with lag. If you're looking for realism in this FSP, get out.
  14. Oct 23, 2013
    Tactical The gameplay is crap, the only thing players care about is the garbage you have to pay for, the game is just a very poorly made copy of CS:S and is garbage. Don't play it. I'd rather play a 1992 game.
  15. Oct 10, 2013
    Great game that manages to impress and retain the mechanics of the original CS, while building in some excellent new ideas. POSITIVE. Tactical Intervention should have been released as an early access game. There are some minor bugs and issues that could have been ironed out before an official release. This is why the review scores are down. Look past this and it is really easy to enjoy this game much more than CSGO which although CSGO looks great it lost most of the fun elements by trying to be more COD-like. POSITIVE. The game is free. It is great fun. I encountered no lag. I would give the game a 7.5 to 8 score but seeing as so many fools have trolled it down I will give it a 10. Expand
  16. Oct 10, 2013
    This game was like getting hit in the face with an AIDS filled water-balloon. If you like pay-to-win, then you might not hate it. Might not. It is buggy. Enjoy the dated look of it if you can, and by all means have guessing what the ping is going to be like from server to server, because the game sure doesn't tell you.

It's only saving grace was that it did kind of remind me of
    counterstrike on a very basic level. It gets a 1. Expand
  17. Nov 2, 2013
    First of all let me just say for all those cry baby types, this is not pay to win. I have played pay to win games and this is not one. I have played this game since beta, and yes it did have some bugs to work out, but unlike other more popular titles, the creator actually fixes things, and listens to player feed back. The game is extremely balanced for a shooter, and new content is being added frequently. The graphics are not top notch but the game play itself is very good. Sure you can pay for ascetic items to pimp your character out but, but nothing you buy with cash that cant be bought with points, which almost every item can be, does not affect your stats what so ever. If your expecting CS with better graphics then don't get your hopes up. But if your looking for the CS feel with some what different game play then download this game. What do you have to lose its free! The best part about the game, is that the creator will read your comments and reply to you personally, or have someone from his staff get back to you, and he is continuing to work on new content all the time. Give it a chance you wont regret it. Expand
  18. Jan 14, 2014
    Pros: Fun gameplay, good concept, lots of players, "free-to-play"

Cons: Pay to win, bad graphics, can be buggy, bad vehicular control, no iron site/scope for weapons (unless you buy extras)
  19. Nov 14, 2013
    Well i just finished playing "Tactical Intervention" and i am sad to say it was bad, i really wanted it to be something i could keep playing for years, i was wrong, anyway its basically budget version of COD, if your missing CSS just play that and don't waste your time
  20. Nov 10, 2013
    This is a great old school FPS and its free to play dont know why so many bad reviews.... maybe too many battlefield fanboys here... If you like CS then you gona love this one.
  21. Oct 23, 2013
    I wish goose picked a better developer to make this =/
    It has a lot of really good ideas, and he himself is a damn legend, but the studio he works with could be better. This game should NOT be a free to play either. I'd happily shell out $60 for this game if goose developed it on his own, or if he picked a better studio to make it.

As it stands now, the game has tons of potential, with
    some interesting design choices. But is plagued with bugs, horrible presentation, wonky animations, a really poorly implemented Pay-To-Win cash market, and a tiny community.

Dispict these issues, the game still manages to be fun at times, which says there are a lot of good design in this game, just terrible execution.

Hopefully this game will get better with time, or perhaps a whole new version.

Worth keeping an eye on, but not worth your time in it's current state.
  22. Feb 19, 2014
    I was on the fence about this game for a long time. The game is run on an early source engine and the game is a mod so I can forgive the dated look. The gameplay is solid and more skillful and tactical than CoD, but less so than games like Counter Strike and Insurgency. The maps are great and mission and highway mode are awesome. But the game has its flaws. The game is "pay to grind less". I wont say pay to win because you can unlock things without spending a penny, but it will require hundreds of hours of play before you get a complete set of weapons and armor. Players can purchase body armor to take less damage and buy guns that do more than the free ones which does make it unfair at times, but if you are good you can still beat them with well placed shots. The game is fun so since its free I would give it a shot. But I would sink some serious time into it to see if its for you before you make any in game purchases. Expand
  23. Oct 27, 2013
    A nice concept but unfortunately this game is plagued with mediocre gameplay, a hideous UI, generally standard level design, and the typical "pay-to-win" feeling that comes with many free games. To make it worse this game is incredibly buggy and is absurdly dated. Nothing about this feels how a modern FPS should.
  24. Nov 22, 2013
    Hilariously bad game. Very buggy, basic and lazy looking, but sometimes great fun to mess around on with friends. Being free-to-play I can't complain about wasting my money.
  25. Oct 15, 2013
    This game has outdated graphics, and they can't be helped at all by changing the graphical options, If you can get past the graphical issues, then this game is very fun and addictive. The range of game modes are VERY fun as well, probably the strangest one being the car chases, but they are fun and fast paced, the only thing that is bad is the drivers point of view of the car windscreen is annoying, because it's positioning makes it hard to see the road. But if you can get over the graphics and at some rare points game play issues, then this game is perfect for you. You don't need to pay to get good, I easily got into the top 3 in the leader board, and I'm not bad or good at these types of games. This is a VERY good free alternative to Counter Strike. Expand
  26. Nov 18, 2013
    Tactical Intervention is a FPS which uses the source engine. This game is in a state of Needs A Update. It's okay but I would expect a lot more from the person who gave us CS-1.7 and CS:Source. Yes the person who made Counter-Strike made this mess. I think the man was trying to stick to EVERYTHING LOOK 2004 OTHER WISE I KILL YOU! However there is just 1 mission that makes up for this game. That's why it's a 4. MISSION HIGHWAY. A mission about traveling round in glitchy cars bashing the FBI while shooting out a window at some on coming traffic. It is stupid fun. The driving is stale and the gamemode also becomes stale after a while which is a same. Although it does try to mix up the matches. Though it does now work to well.

Overall
    -Bad Graphics
    -Glitchy Gameplay
    -Stupidly Fun Highway Mission
    Score 46/100
  27. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is terrible. The graphics are shoddy, the animation choppy, and it's just a terrible game. There are better titles out there--don't waste your time or money playing poorly made games.
  28. Nov 28, 2013
    Tactical Intervention Possibly the worst recent shooter game.
    The game was said to succeed Counter-Strike, however all it does is giving you an early 2000's style graphics and gameplay that copies other Free to play shooters.
    The only way to make it better is to turn it into a blocky world like Ace of spades.
    I would say that it's at least an 'okay' game for those who want an FPS
    experience for free, however if you want to have the full Tactical Intervention experience you will need to buy weapons for real money, and it won't stay forever anyway.
    Not to mention how buggy it is.
  29. Dec 18, 2013
    No. Sorry. I love CS and all the free to play stuff that came with it. Also all unreal mods. Even the ones. But this ist a MESS.

It is trying to be too much at the same time.
  30. Mar 10, 2014
    There are games out there that are down right terrible. But, there are games that are bad but very fun. For example, Tactical Intervention. If you look at this game technically, the game sucks butt. But, if look at it in a just for fun way, the game is decent. The game may be shallow, buggy, and graphically terrible, but if it wasn't fun, it would be a 1/10. I am addicted, ya, i am. It is so bad, but fun. There are creative ways to take out enemies, and that is a strength. You can roll, lean, blind fire, and just go guns a blazing. Another strength is the rental system. Like Blacklight, you can rent a gun for 1 day, 7 days, or keep it. The last strength is the game modes. Some are bad ideas, but there alot of fun. The recoil though. JESUS! It is bad. The guns go BEZZERK! The recoil is bad! SO the final verdict: 6/10. I would prefer this to FPS fans. And it is free to play. YAY! Expand
  31. Mar 3, 2014
    This game is in its early stage. There are bugs. There are problems... This comes with the early stage game. I love how fun and fast this game is. It is extremely fun to play with friends!
  32. Apr 28, 2014
    This game is actually really fun if your with more that 4 or 5 friends and want to play a shooter that's multiplayer. It does lag some times on the car mission but besides that its a pretty good game!

1. Oct 28, 2013
    Glimmers of that CS charm, but needs another year in development and local servers before standing alongside such heavyweights. [Nov 2013, p.91]
  2. Oct 17, 2013
    Tactical Intervention has been proclaimed as the new Counter Strike's successor. That was the expectation. Reality give us a game that is simply not worthy to be compared to the Counter Stike brand, because of the extremely buggy technical structure, the "free-to-PAY" attitude, and some anachronistic gameplay choices. We won't say it's completely rubbish, it can be even fun for some minutes, indeed, but we don't think we will spend any other time (or money) again on it.
  3. Oct 7, 2013
    It feels rushed and it's probably only good as a reminder how unapproachable team shooters have been at the turn of the millennium.