Take Command: 2nd Manassas PC

8.3

1. JamesE
    Aug 26, 2009
    The interface is atrocious! I still don't understand why my units don't move after I double click the ground I want them to move to. Ridiculous.
  2. AnomA.
    May 21, 2006
    Anyone used to Rome Total War, Imperial Glory etc. will be utterly disappointed. Poor graphics, interface etc. Dont bother.
  3. PeterW.
    May 1, 2006
    Without doubt the best US Civil war PC game yet. The second best is ,again without any less doubt, History Channels Bull Run. No question.
  4. JoshJ.
    Jun 4, 2006
    Excellent game! I've been a civil war buff all my life, and this game hits the nail on the head with the in depth strategy, the confusion of commanding multiple units, and the fog of war. An excellent AI and the ability to command an entire army really sucks you into the screen and gives youa taste of what it must've been like to be a Civil War General. It's true, if you Excellent game! I've been a civil war buff all my life, and this game hits the nail on the head with the in depth strategy, the confusion of commanding multiple units, and the fog of war. An excellent AI and the ability to command an entire army really sucks you into the screen and gives youa taste of what it must've been like to be a Civil War General. It's true, if you are used to playing those shallow games like Command & Conquer and Imperial Glory, you probably won't like this game. It is not fast-paced. MadMinute did not design this game to be a run'n'gun RTS, it was made to make you feel like you were in the civil war. The graphics on this game are good too (just remember to turn them up in the options menu...). Having played just about every civil war board and computer game out there, I really have to say this is the most in-depth, comprehensive, and historically accurate civil war game I have ever played. Expand
  5. MatthewG.
    Jun 1, 2006
    I have played better RTS games, however, as far as civil war goes for realism and background information this is the best.
  6. Badinfo
    Oct 27, 2009
    The best American Civil War game to date. The game is about the GAME, not the graphics. If you're only worried about the graphics, play Total War. If you want a game that approaches its subject with respect and tries to provide a simulation instead of an arcade game, try Take Command. What they sacrificed on the graphics front was returned ten-fold on the gameplay front. This game is The best American Civil War game to date. The game is about the GAME, not the graphics. If you're only worried about the graphics, play Total War. If you want a game that approaches its subject with respect and tries to provide a simulation instead of an arcade game, try Take Command. What they sacrificed on the graphics front was returned ten-fold on the gameplay front. This game is still on my hard drive, the Total War series (up to Medieval II) sit in the closet gathering dust. Expand
  7. VincentM
    Feb 26, 2009
    Anom A. gave a review based upon a totally different game and era, RTW is not a good comparison. For strategy and civil war this is by far one of the best out there and the developer is scheduled to release a new game in fall 2009. Extremely good AI, intense battles with many different possible outcomes, use of cavalry, infantry, cannon and generals that require percise positioning in Anom A. gave a review based upon a totally different game and era, RTW is not a good comparison. For strategy and civil war this is by far one of the best out there and the developer is scheduled to release a new game in fall 2009. Extremely good AI, intense battles with many different possible outcomes, use of cavalry, infantry, cannon and generals that require percise positioning in order to ensure victory. Civil war or strategy buff either way you should give this a try. Expand
  8. MacS
    Dec 11, 2006
    Really good game, realistic, historically accurate, graphics acceptable even if it's not the main issue in wargames. Challenging, need few games to be fully comfortable with the interface and the units managing (especially at high level of command : corps and army) , after that really rewarding. One of the best wargames I ever played. Put a 8 because you don't have multiplayer Really good game, realistic, historically accurate, graphics acceptable even if it's not the main issue in wargames. Challenging, need few games to be fully comfortable with the interface and the units managing (especially at high level of command : corps and army) , after that really rewarding. One of the best wargames I ever played. Put a 8 because you don't have multiplayer options within...and to keep a room for futher progress. Expand
  9. JohnA
    Dec 28, 2009
    As an amatyre student of the CVivil Warv and a connnoisseur of table top games with miniatures, the gameplay offered by Take Cpmmand is second to none in realism. A Masterpiece!
  10. VivianC
    Mar 19, 2009
    None of the 90-98 percent reviews of this game seem to have made it into meta's reviews for some reason, like http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews140141.html which is a pity.
  11. BardolphS
    Sep 28, 2009
    The best ACW games on the market. Graphics don't make a game, gameplay does.
  12. cmoorecmoore
    Dec 22, 2009
    Best Civil War game .. plain and simple. Its funny to read some of the reviews and obvious they have no idea what they are talking about. If you like historical accuracy over flashy graphics this is for you. The 3d engine does do a great job making you feel immersed into the environment.. more so considering the maps are 100% accurate.
  13. Jun 20, 2015
    Cant get to work with win 7, dissapointed. ried many sites many fixes over the last few weeks. Looks good, interesting take. but even trying the website fails to produce results. so a big fat zero!

1. netjak
    A top quality Civil War military strategy game. Its brutal realism and tough tactics make it a must own for a strategy gamer who is getting sick of the same old fare being hawked out by other companies.
  2. This is one game that general real time strategy game fans will enjoy, be you a Civil War fan or not.
  3. Some gamers may be turned off by the complexity and slow pacing, but strat fans with open minds and a love for the genre should enjoy themselves here.