2.7

1. Sep 21, 2013
    This is a terrible, unfinished mess. This game will go down in history as one of the worst crowd-funded indie games ever. It is the Atari E.T. of indie games. Many were following this game's development for over a year. The developer has released an alpha product and is selling it as a finished game. It most certainly is not. AVOID THIS GAME.
  2. Sep 22, 2013
    Ugh, this game is a total disaster! dumb AI, dumb graphics and clunky game play makes this a contender with The War Z as worst game ever! please save your money or if you already paid for this then demand a refund. How can anyone give this positive reviews except of course the devs themselves.
  3. Sep 21, 2013
    TRS has brought us the worst attributes in gaming from the early 2000's. I was looking forward to this release, being an original Rainbow 6 and SWAT fan this game just disappoints. The poor interface, horrific AI, Scooby doo style level design and Steven Hawking style voice chat! (who had that brain fart of an idea?)

Claiming the use of VOIP is necessary to get the most out of this is

Claiming the use of VOIP is necessary to get the most out of this is a poor excuse especially when 3rd party software is required. I was really looking forward to this but its so poorly executed even Ding Chavez couldn't rescue it.
  4. Sep 27, 2013
    The game is horrible, i dont believe im writing this because i was hopeful in the past about the game, it really looked good and all and the way the devs were talking about i was waiting something like rainbow six 3 mix with new elements...

But it all turned out to be pile of junk, not to mention horrible AI and horrible levels. I got it on early access and i know i cant refund.

I got it on early access and i know i cant refund.

My thoughts, if youre making a game, make it but dont release on early access half broken at least make sure your game is 90% done...

Steam shouldnt allow this kind of games on Early Access.

Hope you make something better in future.
  5. Sep 23, 2013
    DO NOT BUY. This game is an unfinished product, and will need some serious updates and patches before the core game becomes even functional. If this was released on steam's "Early Access" then I would understand why it's so buggy and why it crashes so often. But yet it was released as a full game, so I will give it a review as a full game. 1/10
  6. Sep 21, 2013
    I thought this game looked pretty dry from the previews I've seen. It didn't seem like their was much to the game at all. Seemed like a bland version of SWAT/Rainbow 6 games. When the game came out, it confirmed was I was thinking, but it was much much worse than I ever believed.

First problem I had was options. Graphic options are pathetic with only v-sync, overall quality, brightness, and resolution. No way to tweak specific elements. In-game you can not access the options menu at all. You can not change graphics, controls, sound, etc. AT ALL in-game.

Another problem I had was the gameplay. Controls work for the most part, but the movement felt stiff. Sometimes the game will glitch your gun when you switch and leave you stuck unarmed. AI is spotty at best. Teammates can not being commanded to move anywhere, they only follow like sheep and get in the way. They rarely get any enemies. Enemy AI is mediocre, they don't react to your unsuppressed gunfire all the time and won't shoot you even you stand right in front of them sometimes. Also the timer is obnoxiously in the middle of the screen, something that can just be on the corner of the screen.

Multiplayer flat out didn't work at all. Insulting to anyone that wanted to play with others.

The overall presentation and gameplay of the game is generic to put it mildly. Should of just called this game Tactical Shooter, because it does nothing to stand out from the crowd despite being much newer than similar games. If your going to revive a genre, take what was good about it and refine was not so good about it. There is no heart to this game, it's a cold and lifeless.
  7. Sep 21, 2013
    This game has far too many bugs in it's initial release to make it worth paying for in any way.

The graphics are mediocre at best. They are comparable to an early release game for the 360, and there is a strange draw-in with all the objects in the level as you move around them. I would love to change some of the specific graphic settings to see if that changes anything but all it allows you to change is between 'low' 'medium' and 'high' with no description of what they actually do behind the scenes.

The enemy AI difficulty seems to swing wildly between super-human and dumb as a rock. Sometimes they will be alerted to your presence from 2 floors down after you've taken a step and proceed to swarm you, and other times you can stand a couple yards away from a target and empty an entire magazine in the to wall they are standing next to with no reaction at all. It also appears that they spawn in randomly but there isn't any sort of buffer between your spawn and theirs, which has lead to a couple times where I would start the match and be killed instantly as soon as I finish loading in. Another odd occurrence I've experienced is enemy targets that are invincible but also don't seem to do anything other than yell at you; I believe it may have been caused by them spawning in to a piece of furniture but when I went to investigate further I lost connection to the host, which was me, in a single player game.

The multiplayer hardly ever works in any way, shape or form and when it does you have to cross your fingers that you don't error out.

TL;DR: Don't buy this game, take your money and instead spend it on Rainbow 6, SWAT or any other game that actually works.
  8. Sep 20, 2013
    Just a terrible release Multiplayer won't connect which I would consider something that can be fixed if the rest of the game wasn't terrible. Movement is not smooth, aiming is off center, and it's just not fun.

Single player is as bad or worse. I've been "Disconnected from host" in a single player game. The AI is lower than poor: check out this video http://steamcommunity.com/app/236510/discussions/0/846965056730355838/

Yes, if the AI sees you and you duck out of sight they will forget you are there. You can then lean around the corner and shoot the wall beside their head and they do nothing. They do not react to noise so even if you empty a clip in the next room they won't react, they just wait for you to come in and hopefully stand still so they can shoot you.

Every door in open at the start of a mission.. all of them, wide open. This looks like an early release or early beta phase game, and should not be released in this state.
  9. Sep 20, 2013
    This game is awful, broken, unfinished. The developers talked a really good talk about their vision to bring back the tactical shooter in an innovative way, and even talked a little trash at the likes of COD. Then they released something that no competent game developer could approve as a working finished product.

I have seen lots of bad games released, so it is no big deal, but the

I have seen lots of bad games released, so it is no big deal, but the difference between what they said they intended to do and what they actually released is a bit surprising- this team is either very cynical or quite self-deluded about the quality of their product.
  10. Sep 20, 2013
    Nothing like swat or rainbow as promised! They deserve no support in the future. worst graphics shocking AI and movement of characters, if you dare to call it movement. Not even a B-game of 10 years ago! Stay away! save your money. This game is so bad that even on a Steam sale for $2 it would still not be worth it. Even if the game was free the waste of HD space would be a crime. ShameNothing like swat or rainbow as promised! They deserve no support in the future. worst graphics shocking AI and movement of characters, if you dare to call it movement. Not even a B-game of 10 years ago! Stay away! save your money. This game is so bad that even on a Steam sale for $2 it would still not be worth it. Even if the game was free the waste of HD space would be a crime. Shame on the developers and every and any body who help it creating this pile of trash Expand
  11. Sep 20, 2013
    Let me just say that i was a serious backer. I knew the risks, but the vision seemed clear enough. Sadly the execution is a horrible uninspired mess. It can't even be saved since it lacks any real features that would even define this game as a tactical shooter. The AI is non-existent, really, wire-bots in CounterStrike 1.6 seemed more realistic, there is no real way to loadout and manageLet me just say that i was a serious backer. I knew the risks, but the vision seemed clear enough. Sadly the execution is a horrible uninspired mess. It can't even be saved since it lacks any real features that would even define this game as a tactical shooter. The AI is non-existent, really, wire-bots in CounterStrike 1.6 seemed more realistic, there is no real way to loadout and manage your team, and overall, i can't find anything to recommend this aside from maybe saying it looks 'nice'. The weapons feel like utter garbage and the only real mechanic they tried, sound detection isn't even working. One hit-dead is rare, mostly ending up soaking 4-5 bursts before dying and even so, without any injuries.

The game is a glorified tech demo that i wouldn't pay 1$ for. I have Android games that are better shooters as a whole than this. Just stay away, it won't get fixed, and don't let ANYONE trick you into buying it.
  12. Feb 14, 2014
    Junk. This publisher just prays on people and makes empty promises they never even attempt to fulfill. This is an absolute BOMB! No attempt was made to make a good game. They released a half finished pile of dung and then abandoned it.
  13. Feb 8, 2014
    Got it for $1.49, and another copy appeared in my Steam inventory for some reason, so gave it to a friend. Below are our troubles:

He can't connect to me, I can't connect to him. Shift+tab brings up console, not steam overlay. (who EVER maps console to tab!?) Get in game. People walking into walls, warping and laggy. Leave. Join another game. Host stops server mid game. fun.png

He can't connect to me, I can't connect to him.
    Get in game. People walking into walls, warping and laggy. Leave.
    Join another game.
    Host stops server mid game. fun.png
    VOIP always on, can't mute people in game, only in lobby.
    No lobby chat.
    No LAN support.
    Maybe 4 servers on the internet list if you are lucky.
    AI hear you at spawn through the floor below.
    Join Versus server with friend. There is no way to start the match.
    Have mouse sensitivity cranked up to max, still have to drag my mouse fully across the desk to turn 108 degrees.

This game is so borked. Sorry if you paid $15 for it. I guess you could have fun in single player if you are really... patient.

This is just a non working pile of code. How did this get approved for release on steam?
  14. Aug 11, 2014
    To put things together, T:RS is not just a disaster from kickstarter but also a product which isn't a promised tactical shooter in any way, instead being a generic first person shooter and a very frustrating one. Artificial intelligence, both hostile and of our comrades is a total bottom of all bottoms. Amount of maps as well as maps themselves causes shock and in most cases this productTo put things together, T:RS is not just a disaster from kickstarter but also a product which isn't a promised tactical shooter in any way, instead being a generic first person shooter and a very frustrating one. Artificial intelligence, both hostile and of our comrades is a total bottom of all bottoms. Amount of maps as well as maps themselves causes shock and in most cases this product is just rotten up to a bone marrow. Situation is not saved by archaic graphics and not very standing out audio. Lack of any control on our squad, irritating random objective spawning system and non-functional loadout along with other cons makes for a very explosive mix that creates unbearable stench spreading out miles from a working PC. I understand and appreciate Allen's effort on the game; nowadays, the genre of tactical shooters is practically extinct. But that doesn't mean it should be finished off by releasing such a mess and at the same time - lie to those who supported the project. I'd rather break a jar on my forehead than play this abomination. Seriously, you shouldn't play this crap even if given for free. Unless you like to paddle in a cesspool and you're welcoming tonnes of sweat, blood and tears with open arms. Otherwise, just forget about it. Expand
  15. Feb 12, 2014
    This game is terrible. It's buggy, and I knew something was wrong when it was on offer on Steam for 90% off, *and* it gave a free copy with every purchase. If you play multiplayer, and the team dies, you *have* to restart the lobby and the settings; you can't just click "restart".
  16. Jun 28, 2014
    Worst Game ever made. Terrible controls, Player walks at 1 kilometer an year so yeah it ****Worst Game ever made. Terrible controls, Player walks at 1 kilometer an year so yeah it **** suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Expand
  17. Aug 16, 2014
    Game has zero playability. Enemy AI either shoots you with the most insane reaction times or barely acknowledges your existence. Your own teammates will shoot at bad guys regardless of what is in the way. Watched my own guy shoot my other guy. Level design is nice but confusing seeing as there is no map or intel provided. There are only 5 weapon platforms that come in multiple calibers.Game has zero playability. Enemy AI either shoots you with the most insane reaction times or barely acknowledges your existence. Your own teammates will shoot at bad guys regardless of what is in the way. Watched my own guy shoot my other guy. Level design is nice but confusing seeing as there is no map or intel provided. There are only 5 weapon platforms that come in multiple calibers.

Overall a really bad game. I still go back to RS3:RS to get my tactical shooter kicks.
  18. Nov 3, 2014
    THIS GAME GOES ON SALE FOR $1.00!!!

Dev will ban you for complaining about the game!!! This was a big let down, I purchased this for some of my friends and it was a complete failure. The AI is a joke, it is not immersive at all, there are no events, basically your just entering a room and have to pie it and when you see someone you can line up a shot but the others are oblivious, the
    THIS GAME GOES ON SALE FOR $1.00!!!

Dev will ban you for complaining about the game!!!

This was a big let down, I purchased this for some of my friends and it was a complete failure. The AI is a joke, it is not immersive at all, there are no events, basically your just entering a room and have to pie it and when you see someone you can line up a shot but the others are oblivious, the enemy units do not use formations or lean or do anything with anything but stand move and gun. The maps while a small positive in there size and diversity are few in numbers, the AI do not use any map elements or items or anything, they do not seem to acknowledge each other, like they stand there every day really? Don't they live life? Have a cig? Talk to each other, actually use each other? Na, they are just dummies. The PvP is ok but other games like Insurgency surpass this game. I prefer Tom Clancy Rainbow 6 3 over this. The AI, actually react and use each other, and the map elements, and you can open doors in inches or all at once. I think this game tried to copy that, but with better graphics.

The gunplay in the game is so blah and nothing, for example in Insurgency it is decisive, and dynamic, like Counter-Strike but realistic. Here it is like a carnival game almost. They once sold this game for $1.00 so do not buy for $5, can you believe I actually paid around $45 for 3 copies, now at full price I can have 9. Please take that as a sign that this game is a no go.

Remember if your looking at this game and say your gonna like it anyways, go look at Insurgency,

Thats right INSURGENCY. It is exactly what your looking for and better, and has a more dynamic co-op mode. The bots in Insurgency use cover, seem to communicate with each other, you can even hear them sometimes barking orders. They also do flanking and apply pressure at key moments.

Takedown Red Sabre co-op is only good when your with friends and you use your imagination. The Dev sure has issues, be careful he is sensitive about the word gay, he will ban you months after you been initially punished for it.

BTW, Just breezing thru the community hub, is a whole community of people that made videos that highlight the **** gameplay, even regular posts about people raging that this is incomplete, be careful the DEV has a vendetta, **** risk ban hammer.
  19. Feb 15, 2014
    Скучный невесёлый и почти нет динамики в этом шутере если вы хотите уснуть то эта игра вам подходит
  20. Jan 4, 2015
    A horrid, buggy, mess plagued with bugs, terrible AI and horrendous multiplayer, yet through some chain of events, I got it free.
    And I can safely say that it is a waste of space.
  21. Sep 26, 2013
    I have some relations in CQB specialists. I must admit this game is an "hardcore" FPS but not a "tactical" one. Let me explain why the game mechanics are totally flawed.
    CQB must be quick and you work with a team mostly 2 or 3 team-mates. It fully works with vocal communication and fast but precise reactions.
    For example the way you penetrate a hall with 2 doors, there is more than

For example the way you penetrate a hall with 2 doors, there is more than one way to do it. BUT any-time everyone will act as synchronized as possible.
    First case, everyone follows it's leading element and follow a wall with for each a NON-CROSSED cover (AI are really dangerous).
    Second case, one takes left, two take left, three covers the back. Etc etc etc.
    NEVER (as in NEVER!!) fire if you have a tea-mate in sight (basics always cover YOUR sector even if someone fires the opposite way.
    Moreover, in real life you lean (eventually not a full lean) even when walking, you take different stances, you use different movement speeds, you can pre-aim your weapon, you use the wall as weapon stabilization so many small features that could have made this game unique.

I'm really sorry guys but ArmA III is a better (from really far) tactical shooter, even CQB than this.
    This game looks more like a cheap unreal tournament mod or Source engine mod than a professional game.

You should have sticked on a rainbow six remake.

Anyway i laughed hard in front of some AI reactions enemies or teammates so that allows you a three
  22. Sep 26, 2013
    Let me just say that this game is not even "tactical", it is just a boring shooter where you simply go around and check corners, on steam, it says this game has four other languages and English, but oh no, there is only english, I will simply say that this game has the worst graphics out of everygame built on the Unreal 3, and here is the biggest issue: The game is buggy as hell, and theLet me just say that this game is not even "tactical", it is just a boring shooter where you simply go around and check corners, on steam, it says this game has four other languages and English, but oh no, there is only english, I will simply say that this game has the worst graphics out of everygame built on the Unreal 3, and here is the biggest issue: The game is buggy as hell, and the A.L. is so stupid it makes you laugh, last time I ran out of ammo in the middle of a firefight, and there was a guy standing in front of me and he did NOT even shoot me! I even managed to take out a M1911 and kill the guy, the worst thing is, the game is not even labeled "Early Access", if you want a true tactical shooter, try Insurgency. Expand
  23. Sep 22, 2013
    Such a horrible release, When the developers said that their game is going to be a spiritual succesor to a original rainbow six games i was so happy, But then they say that no planning, no other features that 10-years old RS have. i say: ok. at least they promise a solid AI but again they lie. AI (both teammates and a tangos) are horrible. there is no tactic in singlplayer, when yourSuch a horrible release, When the developers said that their game is going to be a spiritual succesor to a original rainbow six games i was so happy, But then they say that no planning, no other features that 10-years old RS have. i say: ok. at least they promise a solid AI but again they lie. AI (both teammates and a tangos) are horrible. there is no tactic in singlplayer, when your team is just a your respawn-bots. Tangos are not respondig to your actions as dev's promise. and final point this game is out for a two days, and multoplayer still didn't work. i'm outta here Expand
  24. Sep 22, 2013
    I'm writing this a few days after release, and this game is extremely buggy. The devs are apparently aware and working a patch, but it doesn't change the fact that this game, bugs aside, is terrible, even from a design perspective. It's completely lacking in any kind of functionality and usability that you would expect from a tactical shooter. There is no way to plan your mission, no wayI'm writing this a few days after release, and this game is extremely buggy. The devs are apparently aware and working a patch, but it doesn't change the fact that this game, bugs aside, is terrible, even from a design perspective. It's completely lacking in any kind of functionality and usability that you would expect from a tactical shooter. There is no way to plan your mission, no way to familiarize yourself with the layout of the level before going in. Changing your loadout is done from the main menu, and when you choose which loadout you want for a mission, you better have a good memory because it won't tell you which one is which, except for a number. No way to change, or even see any of the options once you're playing. There's no way to take down enemies non-lethally, no way to subdue them.
    The AI is absolutely horrendous. It'll run back and forth between two points, being completely indecisive about which is the better coverpoint, allowing you to kill them with ease. It'll snipe you from across the map with deadly precision, and if the enemy is not in your field of view, good luck trying to find out which direction the shot is coming from, as there are no indicators of the sort. The enemy also spawns randomly in the map, sometimes directly in front or behind you when you spawn, leading you to be killed the instant you begin the mission. There are no difficulty settings of any kind and the default seems to be on both ends of the extremes. The AI will react with lightning speed and kill you with deadly precision, or completely ignore you firing at the wall beside them.
    The friendly AI is just as bad. You can change between defensive/offensive/quiet/assault rules of engagement, or have them stay where they are or follow you. That's it. You can't order them to move to a specific location, can't ask them to open a door, can't order them to flashbang a room. The only them your friendly AI serves as, is lives and meatshields.
    I'm assuming this was supposed to be a multiplayer focused game, but the multiplayer hardly even works. Sometimes it won't connect to a game, other times, if you spam double-click a game enough, it works. There are no filters of any kind, and the modes that exist in singleplayer are not even present in the multiplayer lobby (Tango Hunt, Mission, Bomb Disarm). You can host a co-op mission just fine, but there doesn't seem to be any way to find them (Singleplayer can also quit on itself, telling you the "Connection to host has been lost".. What?).
    Once you're actually in a game, you can't see who you're actually playing with, can't see how many are left on the opposing team, there's no way to spectate if you join a game mid-round and you just end up looking at a wall. I read that this was because they felt scoreboards were unrealistic, but it just ends up feeling like a missing feature. They could easily have implemented a scoreboard that only showed the names of the players and which team they were on, but nope. There's also a horrendous text-to-speech feature that can't be turned off (In fact, there are hardly ANY options, and no way to turn off specific graphical effects, except through a config file).
    The menus themselves are also terrible. Some menus can not be quit out of by pressing "Escape", and you have to click the button that says "[Esc] Back". Sometimes it's the other way around; You can't click the back button, you HAVE to press escape. That something as simple as these menus are, are not working properly and consistently is baffling. The loadout menu is also completely unintuitive. To actually save a loadout you have to manually press "Y" to "Modify", even though you're actually saving it. Why not make it clearer what you have to do? If they had made the loadout part of the mission selection, it would have been less of a problem as you'd just select your weapons directly; You wouldn't have to remember them.
    Every old school tactical shooter that Takedown tries to emulate, such as Rainbow Six, SWAT 3/4 and the first Ghost Recon, is better in every single respect. For a minute, it had me doubting, if my memory of old-school shooters were somehow better than what the actual games were like. I installed Raven Shield, just to see if I was wrong, and thankfully, I was. It's not the genre that's broken, it's just this game. It feels completely empty and devoid of features, and as a Kickstarter game (I didn't back Takedown, personally), I can't help but feel bad for those who backed it. This game is a massive disappointment.
    Time to replay SWAT 4 and wash away the taste Takedown: Red Sabre left.
  25. Sep 26, 2013
    This game has potential but not in this unfinished and broken state. The AI is more like AS; Artificial Stupidity with God Mode moments and Eagle Eye sniping moments and hell the tango's even shoot you through walls. Trying to play or play this game in MP is traumatic at best. This game is Alpha at best but it's advertised as a full product... Over al this game is throwing your money downThis game has potential but not in this unfinished and broken state. The AI is more like AS; Artificial Stupidity with God Mode moments and Eagle Eye sniping moments and hell the tango's even shoot you through walls. Trying to play or play this game in MP is traumatic at best. This game is Alpha at best but it's advertised as a full product... Over al this game is throwing your money down the drain and this game is very, very low rent... Expand
  26. Sep 21, 2013
    First thoughts: This game feels like an unfinished product. There is no story you are trying to follow or campaign mode. They just throw you into a map and tell you your objectives. The game is difficult (which is good) as the AI behave like hackers from Call of Duty, rubber banding to where you are and rarely missing. The graphics are pretty bad and there are some standard featuresFirst thoughts: This game feels like an unfinished product. There is no story you are trying to follow or campaign mode. They just throw you into a map and tell you your objectives. The game is difficult (which is good) as the AI behave like hackers from Call of Duty, rubber banding to where you are and rarely missing. The graphics are pretty bad and there are some standard features missing which need to be implemented. The one that stands out most is I would really like to make a private server for friends. There are plenty of bugs that should have been fixed before release. I give it a 2 because I do like the difficulty of the game and the fact that you don't regen life, you don't have a map, you can't tell when you get a kill sometimes. The cons just outweigh the pros too much to be a good game. Expand
  27. Sep 22, 2013
    Rubbish. Let's all say it together: Rubbish. An absolutely worthless steaming pile of manure. There is not a single redeeming quality to this game except the idea. Unfortunately, that's what it is It never really takes off. It COULD be a great game... But it isn't. Stay as far away from it as possible and then some.
  28. Oct 3, 2013
    Probably the worst game I have ever played in my life. The trailer makes it look good, the concept seems fantastic but what do you actually get? A useless pile of junk that doesn't work properly, with the only hope of redemption being to start over or give me my money back. This game is worth £0.99 max, don't waste your money like I did...
  29. Sep 25, 2013
    Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon ,SWAT and even freeware UDK shooters are better than this game.
    AI don't exist. Stupid bots. Stupid team squad. WTF?! This is a tactical first person shooter? Are you f***ing kidding me?

Graphic is bad.

2. Tactical options
    3. are bad.
  30. Oct 2, 2013
    This game was a terrible attempt at trying to revive the tactical shooter genre. If you want to play a good tactical shooter, play ArmA 3 instead.....
  31. Sep 30, 2013
    Absolute trash. I'm not a huge fan of games like cod, but I would rather buy an ok game thats been done 1000 times before than buy this. Even in the trailer you can see the disgusting animations and the bland textures. Should just be a garrys mod game imo.
  32. Sep 29, 2013
    The games creators tout this title as a spiritual successor to SWAT4 and R6 Raven Shield, both games of which I am massively fond of, although to even start to compare Takedown to either of those games is a bit optimistic. Using those games as a benchmark I gave this game a rating of 2.

Sound just doesn't sound real. There isn't a feeling of immersion, especially when you get shot at.

Graphics aren't special, and looks more like something from 5 years ago.

AI teammates in single player don’t do anything useful.

Moving slow, dying in 2 hits and leaning aren't the only things that make up a tactical shooter. There seem to be a few things like reload animation jumps magically to a locked back slide when it didn't start that way, and the holosight not behaving like a real one just kill the experience outright for me.

After only playing for 30 minutes, this game appears to be more like a mod someone made that takes away half the functionality from R6 Raven Shield, than a standalone release that is ready to be sold on the shelves, even if it only costs $15.

My recommendation is rather than spending an hour playing this, spend the next 30 minutes finding your old Raven Shield disk and play terrorist hunt for 30 minutes.
  33. Nov 21, 2013
    Why did this game have to be this way....

Okay, so I'll start with some background information first. I... was really looking forward to this game, as I had not played a tactical shooter before and I thought that a game like this sounded very fun. I buy it the day I see that it's available, foolishly not looking into the reviews first. Oh boy, that was a mistake. The title screen
    Why did this game have to be this way....

The title screen alone bothers me because it's incredibly generic, with music playing at a very low level. The menu doesn't save changes to settings if you leave the game. This is the slowest game you will ever play. Movement speed is laughable, walking being slightly faster than a snail, running speed being faster than walking speed, and sprinting speed is if you were speed walking. This already makes the game seem stupid. And your team AI is just the worst. They walk with their legs, and by that I mean NOTHING moves on them when they walk. their arms just stay on their gun and move forward. When you run into an enemy, they do nothing except stand and get shot while shouting random garbage that is of no use to you. Speaking of getting shot at, you have ridiculously low health levels, and since there is no way to recover, this means that you are stuck with maybe 1 hit for the entire level.

Enemies notice you way too easily. Play a game like Metal Gear Solid, and you can get noticed pretty easily, but the nice thing about it was that you got a chance to fight before you got shredded to pieces. Not in this game. The enemy sees you and shoots immediately without giving you a chance to respond. This seems ok, right? Just memorize the enemy movement? Nope, they don't really have a set route, they just move places and stuff happens. There's nothing like a radar either, so you can't plan anything ahead of time. The game tells you that those with a plan will do better than those that go in guns blazing, but in fact, you have a better chance for survival if you just run in blasting everything you can see. Doing mission objectives is tedious because of this, since you need to actually look for what you're supposed to do, and exploring to find your objective simply isn't fun because of enemies that can kill you in the blink of an eye, and you not realizing what just happened, and then you switch to a teammate that gets immediately killed because it took too long for the game to switch.

Bugs do not seem to be an issue, because it feels more like it's simply filled with the worst design choices ever made.

The reason this isn't a 0 is because there is ONE redeeming factor.

The ONLY postive thing I can say about this game is that the team continues to patch the game, which tells me that there is still hope for the game's future as something maybe somewhat decent. But until then, this is probably the worst game I have ever played.
  34. Oct 3, 2013
    This is the worst game i have seen in a very long time its a mess its broken and unfinshed.

To top it all off there not doing crap about it we have been scammed it was a bait and switch.

i feel sorry for all the kick starter people that got scammed as the devs post about there partys and such
  35. Oct 3, 2013
    Level desing: bad
    There are C2 charges for breaching doors, but no doors to breach.... just an example
    AI unexistent. Teammates spot enemies, saying "i'm going to shoot" and then they dont shoot and just stand there.... Enemies don't even notice you if you shoot in their direction, or make noise.... Sometimes even facing them. But sometimes they shoot at you from very long distance
    Level desing: bad

Enemies don't even notice you if you shoot in their direction, or make noise.... Sometimes even facing them. But sometimes they shoot at you from very long distance killing you in one shot.

Physics: if wind comes from east, you have to compensate the wrong way, just saying....

In the end, they deceived us, saying SWAT here, Rainbow six there... and there's nothing that reminds of those games.
  36. Oct 3, 2013
    I purchased this game through Steam before the metacritic rating was available, and I truly wish I had waited, as it was a huge waste of money. Granted, $15 is not a lot of money, but when a game is this bad it certainly feels like it.

The game is woefully unfinished. The controls feel sluggish, animations are amateurish, ragdoll physics are a joke, the visual experience feels plastic and lacks depth, the list goes on and on. I feel the marketing materials misrepresent the state of the game.

You would be well served to spend your money on something else.
  37. Oct 29, 2013
    This game could be a masterpiece if they do some patching, a lot of patching, like 2 months of patching. My ai squad wouldn't shoot people in-front of them, and some enemies I could just run straight past them and they wouldn't care, other times they just do what they should do! If I have to play a game like this again, I'm gonna swim in an ocean of acid.
  38. Oct 2, 2013
    This game was doomed from the beginning indie developers should stick to small budget games and leave the real thing to the big cats.

It is a shame because I honestly had high hopes for Takedown.
  39. Oct 20, 2013
    Mmmkey, first i thought: fck this, i will uninstall this game after trying it etc. 25 min. Then i thought, no wait. Let it be, may be DEVs will still work with that game its 20.10 2013 and im now waiting for some months probably before uninstalling.

Anyway, DO NOT BUY this game RIGHT NOW if u wanna get a serious video game. At this point, its only a "trolling game" for having some stupid time spending fun. This game includes insta-deaths (but only for u, not for enemies), silly acting NPC.s and every time u respawn u will get a new prime weapon(!!?), no matter what, u have chosen for your equipment at the beginning of the mission.....DAFUQ?!? And those are only some "funny" things from Takedown: RS.
  40. Oct 2, 2013
    It's a horrible experience to play this game. It was released under «completed release» lable. But this is looks like pre-alpha release.
    Also serellan and steam wont back your money if you request. Do not buy this game.
  41. Oct 20, 2013
    SWAT 4 was written in 2005 and it is still a better game than this in every way.

The biggest issue is that its just not very fun to play. Respect the game looks ok, but If they had money troubles then it should have been spent on the basics and not pissed away on round penetration etc that you will never ever notice. When 'free' games like Warframe are around, I cant think of a

When 'free' games like Warframe are around, I cant think of a bigger waste of money....Hmm maybe betting that England win the world cup.

Save your cash, your
  42. Oct 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Oh god...Why..?I was hoping this game would be EXACT same as SWAT 4...But my hopes are wrong...A.I is terrible made and programmed...Weapon reload is even slower and terrible...
    Developers should focus more on gameplay...And A.I as well...This game features nothing but to rage...
  43. Apr 17, 2014
    I still give 1 credit for the level design. At least it take a while to build the map. Beyond that, the entire game is really a joke, funny AI system, no ambient sound wtf?
  44. Jan 11, 2014
    I notice a lot of the high score reviews for this game mention the word 'patch' almost straightaway. This pile of crap is gonna need the mother of all patches… like how about a whole new game sized patch? Don't make the mistake I made by supporting this crap - it just encourages other hood winkers to chance their arm. Stay away.
  45. Oct 1, 2013
    There are some people that just like to get "tactical". As for me, it have never been a big deal about realism than about the gameplay itself. SWAT was just another game I didn't quite understand: it was all about slowly advancing tasks, no place for inspiration or self-entertainment. TAKEDOWN is this kind of game but completely empty. Where SWAT had tactics, Takedown has "Open/CloseThere are some people that just like to get "tactical". As for me, it have never been a big deal about realism than about the gameplay itself. SWAT was just another game I didn't quite understand: it was all about slowly advancing tasks, no place for inspiration or self-entertainment. TAKEDOWN is this kind of game but completely empty. Where SWAT had tactics, Takedown has "Open/Close door" situations. SWAT had different actions of hostiles and hostages Takedown added stupid guards with collective mind, passing from one to another right at the moment when you're not ready for it. And it's not about skill it's about random encounters that don't make you adapt, they scare and destroy you. It was the first not-horror game throughout 7or 8 years which scared me. And it's awful. Graphics are pretty much ok, but common glitches with textures are still there. Gameplay is not tactical, but dumb. You may try, but I warned you you will not like it. Expand
  46. Mar 19, 2014
    The game would be the next big tactical game if it wasn't glitched to all **** From loadouts not saving, to AI that decides to react like a dead cat one time, and next time it reacts so fast that you don't have time to do anything. Also, squad control and customization is missing. There is only two squad commands, but they are not very helpful. There should be commands like "Flashbang &The game would be the next big tactical game if it wasn't glitched to all **** From loadouts not saving, to AI that decides to react like a dead cat one time, and next time it reacts so fast that you don't have time to do anything. Also, squad control and customization is missing. There is only two squad commands, but they are not very helpful. There should be commands like "Flashbang & Clear" when you are at a door. The third person animations are derpy and silly. If Serellan started from scratch with this game and took elements from Rainbow Six 3 or SWAT 4, this game would probably be really good. Expand
  47. Oct 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just recently purchased this game and I am impressed by the concept and how challenging and somewhat realistic the game is but at the same time, the negative values started appearing, Just going over the pros and cons

pros:
    -difficulty is as advertised, feels super rewarding to kill enemy Ais
    -The emphasis on teamwork is the vital component of the game which I like very much.
    -It takes actual skill to progress through the levels (a valuable characteristic that most fps games lack)

cons:
    -multiplayer is dead
    -textures for squad members,AIs, and swepts are visually deplorable
    -menu/ui is unappealing
    -no actual tactical mechanisms other than shooting and walking very slow
    -The game itself is flavorless, even when it comes to other simulation/indie games such as payday and payday2, there was some kind of theme to flavor the experience and i was expecting that with this game but I was left disappointed.

Overall, if the devs were able to improve the game dramatically over the course of a few weeks to a few months (multiplayer support,improving texture/graphics,improving ais), enable a mod community, add more content (game modes,maps),than I can see this game being revived from the dead but as of its current state, its a zombie.Not saying that I regret paying the money because I am waiting for multiplayer so i can actually enjoy the game but its just not up to par as of right now.I can imagine the negative reviews surrounding this game might have some kind of adverse affect towards the motivation and work ethic for the developers but hopefully they will overlook it and set out on improving it and delivering potentially awesome game.
  48. Feb 15, 2014
    Yes its buggy, yes its got bad ai and yes it was released early but i have actually had so much fun playing this with a group of 6 of my friends and genuinely enjoy this
  49. Dec 20, 2013
    Its a relatively small and simple game. When I first played it on release it was ok but it was really hard to ignore how stupid the AI was. I personaly think the graphics are nice. no there not bf4/bf3 but its a small release game and I like the clean style in its own way. Its awesome that a studio took the risk to get this style of game out but they should have waited long and released itIts a relatively small and simple game. When I first played it on release it was ok but it was really hard to ignore how stupid the AI was. I personaly think the graphics are nice. no there not bf4/bf3 but its a small release game and I like the clean style in its own way. Its awesome that a studio took the risk to get this style of game out but they should have waited long and released it in a more finished state. The actual game play is awesome when it plays as intended. More missions would be good though. Expand
  50. Sep 22, 2013
    Takedown: Red sabre is a good game, I just wanted to say that, but all the bugs are seriously hurting the game, it has dumb AI, connection problems in both multiplier and singleplayer, enemy and teammate AI is terrible,
    If you were hoping for the next tactical shooter game then do not expect this game to be it, it isn't, it's a good game but not great
  51. Sep 20, 2013
    So it's buggy for now, yes. Connection problems, yes. But the core gameplay is what it promised to be, hardcore shooter. Graphics are really nice, if you don't count the clunky terrorist AI animation. It's really punishing and really hard core. Don't buy the game if you're expecting something else. It's also mainly multiplayer game, probably best in team based versus modes where there isSo it's buggy for now, yes. Connection problems, yes. But the core gameplay is what it promised to be, hardcore shooter. Graphics are really nice, if you don't count the clunky terrorist AI animation. It's really punishing and really hard core. Don't buy the game if you're expecting something else. It's also mainly multiplayer game, probably best in team based versus modes where there is no AI issues. The AI is not that bad, I like the random enemy locations. Adds a lot of re-playability to otherwise small amount of content. Don't expect an AAA title with this price. And wait for them to patch it before judging. Expand
  52. Oct 8, 2013
    In is current state it is still good fun, it has the problems that everyone knows about but is due a patch anytime time now. If you are interested in the game keep an eye on it for a while and see what gets fixed. If you are looking for Rainbow Recon 10 maybe it would be worth looking at something else but if you are after a a challenge at a reasonable price in it's current state it worthIn is current state it is still good fun, it has the problems that everyone knows about but is due a patch anytime time now. If you are interested in the game keep an eye on it for a while and see what gets fixed. If you are looking for Rainbow Recon 10 maybe it would be worth looking at something else but if you are after a a challenge at a reasonable price in it's current state it worth a look and can only get better. My advice is stay away from reviews and watch some game play videos and get a feel if its right for you. Expand
  53. Sep 20, 2013
    There are the glaring issues present like too many people being able to join coop and crashing it, Server browser issues, The AI having vision through doors/cubicles and other objects and hacker level aim/sense sometimes, the TTS (which isnt even a bug it's just REALLY annoying), Flashbangs doing literally NOTHING to the AI, some leaning around corner issues, and the ever Hilarious 10 footThere are the glaring issues present like too many people being able to join coop and crashing it, Server browser issues, The AI having vision through doors/cubicles and other objects and hacker level aim/sense sometimes, the TTS (which isnt even a bug it's just REALLY annoying), Flashbangs doing literally NOTHING to the AI, some leaning around corner issues, and the ever Hilarious 10 foot eyeballs of doom on death.

Despite those things i was able to get in with a good group of players through the mumble provided by Serellean we played for about 8 hours straight and had a great time, at this point playing with randoms who are unwilling to cooperate (mumble/skype or other forms of communication) make this game a living breathing nightmare, But once you have a cohesive group of people working together game after game it becomes a very enjoyable experience.
  54. Sep 22, 2013
    This game is pretty fun at times, fighting dozens of enemy's while you die from a bullet isn't fun. If you have friends to play with then you should try this out.
  55. Sep 25, 2013
    Game is seriously broken in places, the CORE game however IS fun with friends. On your own it's not much fun, I've managed coop and mp, and both worked fine with workarounds. They need to fix a lot of things before they released this game, but overall, I can see this game has potential especially for modding maps from R6, Swat 4 etc
  56. Sep 22, 2013
    except some glitches the game is very good .I think all tactical Lovers will enjoy the game.as iam thinking the patches will release asap to overcome those glitches.All the best TakeDown.
  57. Feb 16, 2014
    The game had a bad first release but since has seen a lot of improvement. I hold high hopes for this game and it has plenty of potential. Putting bugs aside, it has some pretty damn awesome gameplay. Its really getting down to the gritty tactical shooter it is meant to be, 1 shot one kill, hardcore and difficult. Take it slow and plan out your moves. playing with a friend is an absoluteThe game had a bad first release but since has seen a lot of improvement. I hold high hopes for this game and it has plenty of potential. Putting bugs aside, it has some pretty damn awesome gameplay. Its really getting down to the gritty tactical shooter it is meant to be, 1 shot one kill, hardcore and difficult. Take it slow and plan out your moves. playing with a friend is an absolute THRILL because of just how difficult it is. I love this game and I know it has a bright future. The graphics are not bad AT ALL, especially for a game that is full price only $15. Its no AAA title but it is a game with potential. All the 1 ratings are haters, the game is nowhere near that bad. Give it a chance. Expand
  58. Mar 22, 2014
    Honestly one of the best tactical shooters I've ever played. Rivaled only by Dark Souls in pure brutal difficulty., this game is amazing. Only marred by a few minor glitches (AI not paying attention, no reloading") this game is one of the best of the year. It needs a few updates, but I eagerly await to see the console version of this game, and a sequel

1. Feb 24, 2014
    Takedown: Red Sabre sums up the fears of every Kickstarter backer: that in the end they’ll have paid up front for something that doesn’t turn out very good. With clumsy presentation and wildly uneven difficulty, the game fails to be a competent FPS, much less a tactical one. The best advice I can give is to avoid it, which is little solace for those who backed it in the first place.
  2. Feb 3, 2014
    Serellan seems dedicated to shaping Takedown into its original pitch, but it needs far more time in the planning phase. [Feb 2014, p.90]
  3. Nov 8, 2013
    Rarely exciting, mostly disappointing. An unfinished tactical shooter let down by technical issues and terrible AI.