9.2

1. Apr 16, 2012
    This game used to be about strategy and team work. Now its freaking buy this and we get money crap. The new thing about having it be free? Well basically half the thing is not because you spend most of the time in the shop stpending money on **** HATS? If you don't have a hat your not considered "cool". It's the most stupidest thing ever.
  2. Jun 24, 2011
    I don't mean to insult any Team Fortress 2 fans. I love that game. The reason i gave it a 2 though, is because it is now free-to-play. This I find to be an outrage. Until I get a refund my score will remain this way for eternity. I don't hate the game. I just hate that **** money was spent towards a game that eventually became free to play. What is $20 to much for some of you to bear? WellI don't mean to insult any Team Fortress 2 fans. I love that game. The reason i gave it a 2 though, is because it is now free-to-play. This I find to be an outrage. Until I get a refund my score will remain this way for eternity. I don't hate the game. I just hate that **** money was spent towards a game that eventually became free to play. What is $20 to much for some of you to bear? Well how about the people who did spend $20 to buy it? Valve is practically giving you money out of our hard-earned coin. So valve is stealing our money without the owners consent. Unbelievable. 2, you **** robbers. Expand
  3. Nov 10, 2011
    I played TF2 back in 2008 and it was really fun to play. But re-installing it after years in 2011 really wasn't worth the time. While the gameplay is the same, get the enemy briefcase, capture all enemy points etc. the game itself turned from a fun FPS into a pointless hat-collector.

But I won't criticise the game for it's 5-12 year old community collecting as many hats as they can, for me it's the quality that makes the game bad compared to how it was back in 2008. Everywhere you look you see unfinished and re-re-used animations and taunts, as well as unbalanced weapons like the "Equalizer" or the "Solemn Vow" that make their standard counterparts just useless. It's not the quality I expected from Valve Software.

It seems TF2 is now Valve's money making machine. People buy the items that the folks at Valve haven't even made themselves (they just ask the community to make them) and add them without even giving them proper animations, stats what so ever. Seems like Valve spent the majority of their time on giving the menu class images hats.

As for the graphics you can already see that the game is out there for a long time. However, the cartoon style is still something you don't see in any other game and they're still fun to look at, even tho' the so called "Very High" settings looks like Crysis on "Medium".

A 3/10 from me.
  4. Mar 9, 2011
    one of those games that if it were free 2 play, would be ok. But not worth the price. Before they added all the extra weapons and the store, the game was better, but now your playing with people that are leveled way higher than you, hence better weapons and gizmos. most maps are small and repetitive, and after you log 100 hours into it, expect Steam to ban your account :)
  5. Oct 28, 2011
    Really bad game I dont even want to waste time on it nothing fun at all
    sniping could be fun if you did not have to watch trough scope for a long time to 'charge" it
    and you have a lase on that shows the enemy where you are
    no ffa mod
    kids with hats pathetic gameplay,runs bad even on a good machine and a lot of other problems
  6. Jun 27, 2011
    The game was good but since I have free is the worst, very bad. Always saturated, can not find server when the going is slow. Shame trust this company at the time you buy the game to find this..
    El juego era bueno pero desde que lo han puesto gratis es lo peor, malisimo. Siempre saturado, no encuentra servidores, cuando los encuentra va fatal. Una pena confiar en esta empresa en el momento que compre el juego para encontrarme esto.
  7. Oct 26, 2011
    the game file is huge,and what do you get from it/ nothing
    the game is really bad
    sniping was ruined when they added zoomming animation when you bring up the scope
    gameplay is pathetic,mods are boring
    the game is a joke
    no ffa mod
  8. May 6, 2012
    I have been playing this "game" for almost 4 years and i must agree with all negatives reviews. "Game" was fun only at beginning, before all those idiotic, retarded and unbalanced items arrived. On most servers classes or weapons limitations are hard to find. Same servers are mostly infested with spawncampers, laggers and last time even speedhackers. Now the "game" has become free, whatI have been playing this "game" for almost 4 years and i must agree with all negatives reviews. "Game" was fun only at beginning, before all those idiotic, retarded and unbalanced items arrived. On most servers classes or weapons limitations are hard to find. Same servers are mostly infested with spawncampers, laggers and last time even speedhackers. Now the "game" has become free, what means, there is alot of so called experts, lolling here and there without any reason, like mindless lemmings and trying to teach you, how to play... I have paid for this "game" and Valve didn't even bother to give any compensation... It's 2012, so buggy and outdated graphics, is nothing more than a bad joke, and technical support still didn't fix "hl2.exe stopped to work" error under Windows x64. If you looking for any good multiplayer FPS game, you need to pay, to play comfortable. Avoid this piece of junk and another free trash at any costs. Expand
  9. Oct 20, 2011
    Valve wypuszcza nowe aktualizacje bez testowania co uniemożliwia przyjemnÄ
  10. Jul 12, 2011
    JUST a fail it sucks i rather play E.T. than this stupid game. really why is this game so great i don't see it. and its very buggy and low quality so reallt bad.
  11. Feb 15, 2012
    Valve clearly doesn't care that I *paid* for this game, as they constantly try to push micro-transaction products to me. It's like they stopped caring once they compensated me with a crappy veteran hat.
  12. Dec 26, 2011
    Team fortress 2 is awesome!

That's what i would say years ago Valve has messed the entire game up, And now since it got free to play only idiots are there. Before it got free to play there was allmost no minges or anything, And it was alot easier to communicate with people they could sometimes help you getting achievment's and stuff, But now people are only doing this: NO WAFFLE I KILL
    Team fortress 2 is awesome!

That's what i would say years ago

Valve has messed the entire game up, And now since it got free to play only idiots are there. Before it got free to play there was allmost no minges or anything, And it was alot easier to communicate with people they could sometimes help you getting achievment's and stuff, But now people are only doing this: NO WAFFLE I KILL YOU OLOL THIS IS A KILLING GAME and they even do say that on a bloody surf server and that is pissing me off tottaly i have been visiting tons of servers are they are all the same crap now.

Now to talk about the game overall

WHAT DID VALVE THINK WHEN THEY ADDED THEESE GUNS? The guns and the classes are so DAMN OP, When i was a spy and i was going to strike down a heavy the medic with the QUICK FIX comes there with his super healing on the heavy and i could not kill the heavy with 5 crits, Its just bloody **** they have tottaly ruined it, Before it was medics healing you when you called them and people in your team acctualy protecting the intel not just going there with their OP weapons and slaughtering everyone and dosen't give a crap about the intel's good job ruining the game Valve.
  13. Dec 8, 2010
    Im not even gonna slam the game, after all , its a game. However its developers like Valve that are killing the pc scene and why more and more are going to the consoles. If i sell you something and then come over to your house and break it, would you be ok with that? ?Im not. I bought this game and then Valve came over to my house and broke it! They really should look at the stats beforeIm not even gonna slam the game, after all , its a game. However its developers like Valve that are killing the pc scene and why more and more are going to the consoles. If i sell you something and then come over to your house and break it, would you be ok with that? ?Im not. I bought this game and then Valve came over to my house and broke it! They really should look at the stats before drastically changing a game and forcing everyone to accept it. I believe TF2 had quite a community before all the changes and if they thought that changing it would draw more people to the community then why not offer alternate servers? Original flavor and..., Dumbed down version. Then at least those who supported the game before would still get what they paid for. Is it just me?... or does it always seems to fall in the laps of the mod community, to save a game and the pc experience. Expand
  14. Apr 11, 2011
    This game is garbage. The art style is trash. The multi-player is unbalanced and garbage. The multi-player is buggy and has many glitches. The maps are garbage. This game is insulting to gamers and ruining first person shooters in general. Great job Valve!
  15. May 21, 2011
    This game is constantly being balanced, and updated. But. Its also constantly being filled with cash shop items, and hats to suck out your money. They said that hats would just be novelty items too, but then set hats were introduced. They even managed to corrupt portal 2 even more.
  16. Jun 5, 2011
    Back when this game was first released, I would have given it a score of 10. Its' art style was (and still is) unique and a nice change from all the other shooters out there. The game was very balanced, fun and, at the time, my favorite game to play whenever I had the chance. Frankly, I was entirely addicted to this game back in those days. Valve used to regularly update the game to fixBack when this game was first released, I would have given it a score of 10. Its' art style was (and still is) unique and a nice change from all the other shooters out there. The game was very balanced, fun and, at the time, my favorite game to play whenever I had the chance. Frankly, I was entirely addicted to this game back in those days. Valve used to regularly update the game to fix bugs, change the balance somewhat (usually in a good way) and add new maps that were always high-quality and just as good as the maps that shipped with the game at first.
    However, later on Valve started with the "class updates" which 1 by 1 gave each class unlockable weapons that could be unlocked by completing class-specific achievements. At this point, I started enjoying the game less with every "class update" that was released. Reason for this is that the developers messed these updates up incredibly badly. First of all, they released them 1 by 1, which meant that you often had entire servers full of people that were playing the same class, because they all wanted to unlock the new goodies as soon as possible. And this then happened again and again and again for every class update that was released.
    Now, this was only temporary so I could have waited and then later on started playing when things calmed down again. However, at that point I realised that the unlockable weapons each class received were, often, just plain bat**** insane. And I dont mean that in a funny way. These unlocks were retarded.
    For instance, they gave the Heavy a sandwich as an unlock, which would replace the shotgun. A sandwich in a FPS. A SANDWICH. Then the Demoman received a large sword which could replace the grenade launcher. This sword allowed him to practically teleport 5-10 metres to his front to try and quickly slash his opponent to pieces even though the game was never, ever up to that point in any way focused on melee attacks. Of course, the developers, in their infinite wisdom, probably intended for something good to come out of these unlocks, but in my opinion, they only changed the game for the worse in so many ways that I just cant describe them all here.
    But clearly Valve wasn't done butchering the game yet. They introduced a hat system. You can earn hats for your characters by playing the game for long enough. While I personally think that in itself isnt that bad (you can just ignore the feature, though it's, quite frankly, retarded to the bone) they then added a whole RPG-like crafting system where you can basically put together several items you've earned by playing and then build stuff, like hats, out of these items. And then, for good measure, they added a trade system.
    The result? When the players aren't busy trying to get complete some achievements to unlock items, they spend most of their time looking for people to trade items and hats with and don't really play the game at all. Everybody is more focused on getting nice items and wearing the most retarded looking hats on their character while in-game. Quite frankly, the game is nothing like what it was at release, in a very, very bad way. What was at first my favorite all-time game, I can't enjoy for even 5 minutes anymore at the moment.
  17. Jun 10, 2012
    When i purchased this game it was the best game ive ever played in my entire life but ever since these updates ive uninstalled it.If a critic would rate this game now he would say that its got to be the most **** sucking piece of **** ive ever played I mean like half the time your going to be dying from the most overpowered sons of **** in the world of gaming which are the demoman,When i purchased this game it was the best game ive ever played in my entire life but ever since these updates ive uninstalled it.If a critic would rate this game now he would say that its got to be the most **** sucking piece of **** ive ever played I mean like half the time your going to be dying from the most overpowered sons of **** in the world of gaming which are the demoman, soldier, and heavy and the rest of the classes will make you want to blow your brains out. Dont download this **** sucking piece of crap called a game.I cant turn my review into a 0 but it is a 0. Collapse
  18. Apr 6, 2012
    Back when gaming was in its glory days, Valve released a title called 'Team Fortress', a game that won my heart and was incredibly fun in every aspect (it still is). In 2007, Valve released 'Team Fortress 2', which was enjoyable to a certain point. Several weapons that have been added, and several "class balance" aspects have made this game horribly unbalanced. It's more of an arcade-styleBack when gaming was in its glory days, Valve released a title called 'Team Fortress', a game that won my heart and was incredibly fun in every aspect (it still is). In 2007, Valve released 'Team Fortress 2', which was enjoyable to a certain point. Several weapons that have been added, and several "class balance" aspects have made this game horribly unbalanced. It's more of an arcade-style shooter than Team Fortress Classic, and with that it finds flaws. Compared to Nuclear Dawn, where different classes have health but it remains balanced, Team Fortress 2 goes about it differently. Some classes compared to others, despite how enjoyable their concept may be, has about the strength of an infant by comparison, and are quickly gunned down. This game used to be decent, but valve has destroyed it over the years. 2/10. Expand
  19. Dec 15, 2011
    Finally played this game for the first time, and it was awful. The classes are way to restrictive, I would much prefer to build my own loadouts, rather than be stuck with something like shotgun, useless pistol, w/e melee. The graphics are way to cartoony, i feel like im playing a fps for 6 year olds who can handle the sight of blood. The weapons are completely unbalanced, i put 24 shotsFinally played this game for the first time, and it was awful. The classes are way to restrictive, I would much prefer to build my own loadouts, rather than be stuck with something like shotgun, useless pistol, w/e melee. The graphics are way to cartoony, i feel like im playing a fps for 6 year olds who can handle the sight of blood. The weapons are completely unbalanced, i put 24 shots from a pistol into a pyro, he didnt die, and then he ran up and killed me with 1 second of fire to the face. Im not going to go into detail on the hats, they are just **** retarded... its an FPS not a fashion show. i expect much more from valve, and this game didn't deliver. Expand
  20. Dec 22, 2011
    Ask me to review this early 2010 and I would give it an 8 or 9 /10. After the man-conomy update everything just went bad. Everyone is not even playing the game- just trading virtual hats. People waste alot of money on the store and for what...a new cosmetic? There are alot of weapons in the game but there is no diversity between say one rocket launcher and another gameplay wise because itAsk me to review this early 2010 and I would give it an 8 or 9 /10. After the man-conomy update everything just went bad. Everyone is not even playing the game- just trading virtual hats. People waste alot of money on the store and for what...a new cosmetic? There are alot of weapons in the game but there is no diversity between say one rocket launcher and another gameplay wise because it would be too hard to balance. Team Fortress 2 used to have a nice bit of content added now and then, new maps ect. But now it requires half a gigs download every other week to play. This led me to uninstall what was otherwise in the past a fun game I really liked. The only reason they screwed it up was to get more money. Expand
  21. Dec 29, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is one of the most forgettable, pointless, and phycotic games I've ever played. Valve made the amazing Portal 2, what is with Team Fortress 2? It's simply too forgettable and outdated (there are Valve games far superior to this, and they tried to make the graphics looked so good it ended up turning into a mashed up bluray player,) so I cannot recommend this game.
  22. Dec 9, 2011
    I used to love this game but now it's F2P it's ruined i actully cried when the meet the medic update came out this game used to be worth giving game of the year but after september 2010 i said this game **** sucks @%% for real i hate this game now i sold all my hats for steam games even like a max and stuff like that im sick of it im sick of it im sick of it valve but one last thing WHY?!I used to love this game but now it's F2P it's ruined i actully cried when the meet the medic update came out this game used to be worth giving game of the year but after september 2010 i said this game **** sucks @%% for real i hate this game now i sold all my hats for steam games even like a max and stuff like that im sick of it im sick of it im sick of it valve but one last thing WHY?! WHY?! DID YOU RUIN THE GAME OF THE OBJECTEVE GAME OF THE CENTURY!? Expand
  23. Sep 17, 2012
    This game is not a good choice for those that won't/can't buy weapons, or have bad luck finding them, in order to even out the player field. Many weapons are way too overpowered, making it too easy to kill groups of players in seconds. The aspect of the game is good and you'll find good teamwork if you find the right server. But it's mostly filled with 12yr olds who beg for anything youThis game is not a good choice for those that won't/can't buy weapons, or have bad luck finding them, in order to even out the player field. Many weapons are way too overpowered, making it too easy to kill groups of players in seconds. The aspect of the game is good and you'll find good teamwork if you find the right server. But it's mostly filled with 12yr olds who beg for anything you have. And there are players so overpowered that all they do is concentrate on finding/buying, or trading for, hats. Expand
  24. Oct 6, 2012
    What was going to be a "fun" game turned out **** graphic weapons and of course the crappy scattergun. They made the demoman to spawnkill everyone in the **** server, pyro to make people rage, and spy to annoy people. When you get on a server you get kicked by everyone if you are 6-10 years old. All This game was made for is to spawn, kill, and die with the process starting all over again.What was going to be a "fun" game turned out **** graphic weapons and of course the crappy scattergun. They made the demoman to spawnkill everyone in the **** server, pyro to make people rage, and spy to annoy people. When you get on a server you get kicked by everyone if you are 6-10 years old. All This game was made for is to spawn, kill, and die with the process starting all over again. And to top it off mvm sucks. Why? Your hand hurts after playing against a.i ed robots just like training mode only with worse a.i mobs. Conclusion: Tf2 Sucks **** Expand
  25. Oct 31, 2012
    1 of the worst games I have ever , ever played in my life .

It is so pathetic - the attempt of valve to get easy fifty bugs .
    & the corrupted critics also giving good marks .
  26. Nov 30, 2012
    This game sucks. I don't understand the hype behind it and I couldn't play over an hour before getting bored. It is a hat simulator with no sense of achievement, and valve charging tons of money for these hats is absolutely pathetic, even worse is the people who buy them. This game is mindless and there is nothing unique about it.
  27. Oct 24, 2012
    This game must be good. No, it must be a classic, it's developed by Valve! Well, I disagree. And no, it's not due to hats.

The problem I have with this game is funnily the classes itself. Picked a Spy and Pyro noticed you? Dead! Heavy noticed you, Medic is with him and you're a Sniper? Dead! Getting killed just because I didn't have a good class againts another player feels very stupid. In Section 8 for example you will have disadvanges, if your enemy has better loadout for specific style of combat but you still have quite large chance of killing the player. This game just gets the class thing wrong.

Another complaint is the map design. The default maps are usually about fighting in very small/thigh corridors, which feels very annoying when playing as Scout or Spy, which like open space where they can move freely. Community made maps on the other hand just scream for snipers or scream even louder for Pyro corners (My favourite class is Pyro btw).

The gameplay itself could be better, if it was faster too. Soldier and Sniper feel too effective due to how slow players' movement speeds are (Even with Scout) . Sure they are offensive based, but still a lot more annoying.

The game can be fun for people, who like extremely heavily focused teamplay. Otherwise it's better to just ignore this game. I for one don't fit to the teamplay focused group, even after thousands and thousands of hats.
  28. Jan 1, 2011
    Was good, but not great. Then they added gimmicky items, which you can either grind for or fill Valve's wallets for, which also grant gameplay advantages. And they lost their sense of humor, and started relying upon grade-school humor. I'd have given an early solid version of the game an 8 or so -- it was never actually mind-blowing or anything -- but with grinding and real-world cash itemWas good, but not great. Then they added gimmicky items, which you can either grind for or fill Valve's wallets for, which also grant gameplay advantages. And they lost their sense of humor, and started relying upon grade-school humor. I'd have given an early solid version of the game an 8 or so -- it was never actually mind-blowing or anything -- but with grinding and real-world cash item purchases, two of the least fun and least skill-determined ways of obtaining advantages in gaming, I feel more than generous giving the game a 3. Expand
  29. Nov 3, 2011
    This is a great game. It is a lot of fun. However, valve always manages to break the game. It crashes a lot. This has been an issue with the game for quite a long time and still was not solved. I bought this game from the very start and I accompanied the progress of the game from the start all the way to now and it has been degrading ever since. Don't take me wrong, the new weapons areThis is a great game. It is a lot of fun. However, valve always manages to break the game. It crashes a lot. This has been an issue with the game for quite a long time and still was not solved. I bought this game from the very start and I accompanied the progress of the game from the start all the way to now and it has been degrading ever since. Don't take me wrong, the new weapons are great, but in terms of stability, it's just horrible.

When they made it free it just became worst. Valve, fix your ****
  30. Dec 28, 2012
    Boring, too many updates.. its just a hat game, the list goes on and on and on.. No wonder its a free game, stay away! When I got this game it was part of the orange box, If when I purchased the orange box and knew about Team Fortress 2 at the time. I would of not have bought it. But I bought it only for the Half Life 2 series. Just a huge disappointment and largely a waste of hard drive space
  31. Jun 17, 2012
    Valve has released some of my favorite games to play on the PC to date. Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, and Counter-Strike all have a spot in my heart for games. When Team Fortress 2 was released, I enjoyed playing it with the basic items/weapons that the game had released. Some of the weapons they have released today have definitely pushed me away from the game but the real kicker for me wasValve has released some of my favorite games to play on the PC to date. Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, and Counter-Strike all have a spot in my heart for games. When Team Fortress 2 was released, I enjoyed playing it with the basic items/weapons that the game had released. Some of the weapons they have released today have definitely pushed me away from the game but the real kicker for me was the adding of the Mann Co. Store (Which, for those of you who don't play the game, is an in-game micropayment service). Ever since then, the game has turned from an enjoyable team game to a fashion party. Players can now adorn themselves with hats, gear, and costume to personalize their character. While this creates a wide open space for creativity, it makes the game less appealing especially now that Valve is using it primarily as a revenue stream. I come from an older generation of gamers who played games made to be enjoyed and to receive money as a secondary goal. Few and far major game producers do this anymore. Video gaming has become a sad era of gross value, not entertainment and Team Fortress 2 exemplifies this. Expand
  32. Jul 1, 2012
    This game oh man this game.What a utter sack of **** this game is, Riddle me this players giving this game after 2011 a 10/10 score, what is it about this ''amazing'' ''game'' that makes it deserve a perfect score? The answer is nothing, nothing at all. You know what i miss about this game? Well i mean its not like the game has no team work whats so ever and its not like every class hasThis game oh man this game.What a utter sack of **** this game is, Riddle me this players giving this game after 2011 a 10/10 score, what is it about this ''amazing'' ''game'' that makes it deserve a perfect score? The answer is nothing, nothing at all. You know what i miss about this game? Well i mean its not like the game has no team work whats so ever and its not like every class has overpowered uber weapons is it? Heres the short of it, Valve has made a money sucking abomination out of game that once required some thing resembling skill. Now its just a game filled with **** autistic kids who have nothing to do except play a Mature game and breathe heavily into their mikes begging you for one of those **** hats. 10/10 for a unbalanced camper/hacker/greifer feast with meaninglessness iteam and stupid children? Ill pass. Expand
  33. Dec 29, 2012
    It's not that good. It's even bad for a free game. The only reason that I got this was because my friends told me to get it, so I did, and after playing for about an hour, I decided that I had had enough because I had gotten so bored. The game-play is repetitive, the weapons boring, and the people are...special. I guess the reason that I don't like it is because I have never really likedIt's not that good. It's even bad for a free game. The only reason that I got this was because my friends told me to get it, so I did, and after playing for about an hour, I decided that I had had enough because I had gotten so bored. The game-play is repetitive, the weapons boring, and the people are...special. I guess the reason that I don't like it is because I have never really liked first person shooters, and this is one of the worst. Expand
  34. Jan 3, 2013
    Team fortress 2 is nothing but a piece of crap that contain unbalanced overpowered class like the soldier,scout,and even the pyro. I understand how valve tried to "balance" the game by adding a lot of overpowered weapons (such as the new red tape recorder).Valve keep adding new updates which contain hats and miscs and new reskinned weapons that are from the community. And worst of all isTeam fortress 2 is nothing but a piece of crap that contain unbalanced overpowered class like the soldier,scout,and even the pyro. I understand how valve tried to "balance" the game by adding a lot of overpowered weapons (such as the new red tape recorder).Valve keep adding new updates which contain hats and miscs and new reskinned weapons that are from the community. And worst of all is that the more updates,the more unstable the game itself is,except to get CTDs once being killed/loading/changing maps/trading/using steam browser. The VAC is also piece of crap that never works,i could use a texture aimbot and a speedhack but i wouldn't.Guess what? I paid my money for tf2 when it was balanced back then,THEY MADE IT FREE TO PLAY AND ALL I GOT IS A STUPID HAT. Expect to see fanboys who think tf2 is better than all games.I have to say the community has lot of kids that screams in either mic or chat.........Don't you see the stupid trading system made "Team fortress 2" a "trade fortress 2"? Except to see kids who scream in 90% of the time on a server,don't miss the "MY DAD BOUGHT ME BUDZ AND IM BETTER THAN YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU". So i have to say that game is waste of PC space Expand
  35. Mar 24, 2013
    This game USED to be amazing. It USED to be one of the greatest games on the PC. Sadly, now it is absolutely horrible. I have put over 1k hours into the game, which shows that I used to love this game, but now it's all gone ot trash. I am not going to complain about the whole "F2P added 9 million noobs to the game" crap, but that is a downside. The problem is that it is no longer a classThis game USED to be amazing. It USED to be one of the greatest games on the PC. Sadly, now it is absolutely horrible. I have put over 1k hours into the game, which shows that I used to love this game, but now it's all gone ot trash. I am not going to complain about the whole "F2P added 9 million noobs to the game" crap, but that is a downside. The problem is that it is no longer a class vs. class shooter because of everything they added. The hundreds of weapons has ruined the game because it has made all the classes too versatile. A team could win because it had a superior team composition with good players (the way it SHOULD be) but now it is whoever has the greatest laser weapon and the rarest hat. Expand
  36. Jun 6, 2013
    My friend recommended this game to me on Steam, said it was a crazy, fun game, so I tried it out. First time, I was interested, training area, ok learning the basics, than the game its self... yeah about that.
    The thing that bugs me about this is that every gun in this "insane" game aren't even good, there's no assault rifles in this game for some strange reason and the rocket launcher is so weak. The only class that I actually liked was the Spy, he's sneaky, and can kill players with one shot with the revolver or knife, while the rest are complete crap. I can see so many people like this game for the MP, but I'm not seeing the quality, insanity, or excitement at all.
  37. Sep 27, 2013
    I am Free-to-Play.
    I say this everyday:

HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS
  38. Jul 7, 2013
    Not very good, but there is still some fun to be had here. You play as 9 different classes, each with a different play style. I found myself feeling more at home with the Soldier and Heavy, since these guys are fairly easy to get kills with and tank through. There is also different game modes, which involve capturing points, or leading a payload bomb through a path through a map, toNot very good, but there is still some fun to be had here. You play as 9 different classes, each with a different play style. I found myself feeling more at home with the Soldier and Heavy, since these guys are fairly easy to get kills with and tank through. There is also different game modes, which involve capturing points, or leading a payload bomb through a path through a map, to name a couple. This game however is not for everyone, stay away if you don't like playing in a team. (That, and the increasing hat updates are breaking the game further and further as the days go by). This is a review of the vanilla game content released through Valve, as there is plenty of different community mods for the game, go try those if you don't like the vanilla game. Expand
  39. May 15, 2014
    Just like DOTA 2, this game started out with the great idea of a fun MP. Over time, it became about getting HATS! MORE HATS! Unlockables took over and the game became all about money. Play the original team fortress if you wanna have fun. With free games, you get what you pay for.
  40. Jun 26, 2012
    Great graphics, utterly terrible gameplay. You know Valve staff don't play this, because it wasn't playtested before or after launch. Mid-match shuffles (& buy protection from same), 1234 items that come with 2346 silly, complicated rules and penalties utterly kills this game. You can try to play to win, but you can be sure the other members of your random team will just stand and snipeGreat graphics, utterly terrible gameplay. You know Valve staff don't play this, because it wasn't playtested before or after launch. Mid-match shuffles (& buy protection from same), 1234 items that come with 2346 silly, complicated rules and penalties utterly kills this game. You can try to play to win, but you can be sure the other members of your random team will just stand and snipe or stand around and not care about the gamemode objective - any of them. If you're thinking about paying for a game, don't buy this one. As soon as the novelty wears off, it will simply be exactly how it was designed - utterly pointless to play. Go for a proper multiplayer shooter, this ain't it. It's terrible. Expand
  41. Jul 17, 2013
    I played Team Fortress 2 for a very long time, I liked it..... until the update.... Hats, unbalanced weapons, not finished items, F2P............ 5 12 years old screaming on their mic or spamming the chat because they are mad. I see really much people that only care about virtual, pixelated hats. I mean, seriously? It's just a god damn hat... A virtual key that cost 2€? This game wasI played Team Fortress 2 for a very long time, I liked it..... until the update.... Hats, unbalanced weapons, not finished items, F2P............ 5 12 years old screaming on their mic or spamming the chat because they are mad. I see really much people that only care about virtual, pixelated hats. I mean, seriously? It's just a god damn hat... A virtual key that cost 2€? This game was good, now it's bad. The backburner is unbalanced, W+M1 pyro's. Side-stabbers, face-stabbers and the red-tape sapper spammer. I really agree with LolzMan, Krection, dallaen and DekoMan91. Go, people! Spend more money on virtual hats, virtual keys and all that stuff! I see trade spammers all over the server. This game is just about hats, hat simulator game. I give this game a 2/10. This game should be blocked, people waste all their money or virtual, pixelated hats or keys or name tags. Expand
  42. Oct 5, 2014
    This game used to be good. From it's launch till 2011 it was good. But then Valve decided to mess the whole thing up. It went from a fantastic fun online shooter, to a worthless, incohesive cluster of junk. Now instead of a fun online shooter, it is just another pathetic 'Free to Play' cashgrab that revolves around virtual items that cost real money. Speaking of the virtual items, theThis game used to be good. From it's launch till 2011 it was good. But then Valve decided to mess the whole thing up. It went from a fantastic fun online shooter, to a worthless, incohesive cluster of junk. Now instead of a fun online shooter, it is just another pathetic 'Free to Play' cashgrab that revolves around virtual items that cost real money. Speaking of the virtual items, the balancing on most of the weapons is off, and all of the costumes look ridiculous/don't go with the games initial theme at ALL. The game used to have a fantastic & unique cartoony style, but that is now overshadowed with absurd cosmetics/items, some of which break the Fourth Wall. They added a My Little Pony hat for goodness sake! I can't remember the last time they released a half decent update. Actually, nevermind that. I do remember. It was the Engineer Update...BACK IN 2010! And to top it all off, the game has gotten buggy. I remember when it was almost bug-free.
    This used to be one of my favorite games of all time. But now whenever I see it, I cringe. This game has become cringe worthy.

Also Meet the Pyro was garbage. One of the most interesting classes in the game and they didn't even make a decent video for him.
  43. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Though it was originally a game based on teamwork, the entire community is crap. With good and interesting maps, along with a (for some reason, hated) Free-2-Play status, it's a fun game. Except for the fact the people judge you on your ITEMS. If you don't have a hat that has some dumb effect, then you the most hated person in the game. Those people who first join the game are pummled to the ground with taunts of how they are "noobs" and "bad players", what do you expect? They just joined the game, don't expect them to be gods getting kills left and right. And then there are people who spend thousands just to buy these virtual hats, the game is nothing more than a hat simulator with players who wear dumb clothing thinking they are cool, along with the use of the same unfair technique on others, such as Scouts following someone across the battlefield just to kill you, Demomen who use their Sticky bomb launchers for offense, battle Medics that never respect or heal their own teammates, ETC.
    Not to mention, the biggest kill of the game are "Critical Hits". Why do these even exist? They turn a fair battle into a "kill the rabbits" gamemode. About to kill someone at point blank with a shotgun? Nope, 1 critical hit from a pistol and you are dead.
    Also, why aren't weapons and maps added to the game more often? Each patch that is added into the game is just filled with hats and other things.
    All in all, it's a good game, but unless you want to put up with spoil, unfair, and non cohesive players, don't waste your computer space.
  44. Mar 31, 2014
    A really fun game with super fun mechanics. Has some performance issues when new updates get released but nothing that can't be fixed by tweaking settings. Free game with lots to do. Multiple different game modes, hats **** and other hsit (man i dont even play this game). Artstyle is so great and it's always stayed the same, following the guidelines that Valve created, no wacky hats like,A really fun game with super fun mechanics. Has some performance issues when new updates get released but nothing that can't be fixed by tweaking settings. Free game with lots to do. Multiple different game modes, hats **** and other hsit (man i dont even play this game). Artstyle is so great and it's always stayed the same, following the guidelines that Valve created, no wacky hats like, idk, pony heads or heavy fairy sets. It's also free so that's pretty cool I guess, unless you're one of those idiots who don't want the game to grow and you're pissed at the new players instead of helping them but whatever. (that sentence woah) Pubs are fun to mess around in and competitive scene is fun and challenging. Probably the best game I've ever played, however the game is dead so I have to give it a 1/10. Expand
  45. Nov 10, 2013
    Lots of content updates. Very little game fixing updates. Mostly cosmetic bandaids and pretty hats to fill up your inventory to keep you from forgetting your game will lock up, crash, and not get patched for 2 months.
  46. Mar 30, 2014
    Used to be really good, but the increasing amount of bugs, performance issues, crashes and flat out broken weapons combined with Valve's completely non-existing incentive to communicate with or properly listen to the playerbase, or even just their hesitance to implement the tons of different fixes that the community has made for them through the years, will make me give the game a scoreUsed to be really good, but the increasing amount of bugs, performance issues, crashes and flat out broken weapons combined with Valve's completely non-existing incentive to communicate with or properly listen to the playerbase, or even just their hesitance to implement the tons of different fixes that the community has made for them through the years, will make me give the game a score of 1 now.

Go buy the game if you want a little fun in the start, but you better be lucky with your setup to not have bad performance, and you will eventually grow tired of Valve's neglect and realize why I'm right.
  47. Jun 18, 2014
    This game is not in anyway good, for one there is this kid called Wolfgang (his steam account), he is literally a twelve. This game used to be about having fun, but has now developed into a source of money for Valve.
  48. Sep 1, 2014
    It's a pretty good game, but one thing RUINS it. It is absolutely horrible for people that aren't very good at it. It is full of very experienced people which ruin the game for less experienced people. For the people that are awesome at it - it's insanely fun, and for the average people it is an absolute nightmare and that is enough for me to remove 6 points. 4.
  49. Dec 12, 2014
    THIS GAME IS A BUNCH OF FUC% TARDS RUNNING AROUND IN HATS ALSO THE FUC* CAMPERS ARE SO BAD IM GONING TO KILL MYSELF PLUS BOOOOBBBBSSSS EVERWHERETHIS GAME IS A BUNCH OF FUC% TARDS RUNNING AROUND IN HATS ALSO THE FUC* CAMPERS ARE SO BAD IM GONING TO KILL MYSELF PLUS BOOOOBBBBSSSS EVERWHERE ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... fUC* HATS ........................................................................................................................................................................illl be back.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Expand
  50. Jun 10, 2012

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.