9.2

1. Jul 22, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is a game that you want to get. There are numerous hats, outfits, weapons (guns, fists, flamethrowers, piss, etc.) and even strange weapons will count your kills on the certain weapon and rank up. There are thousands of maps and mods to choose from and the gameplay is just fun, and even 10x more enjoyable with your friends. It could get some fixing with the MAC users, butTeam Fortress 2 is a game that you want to get. There are numerous hats, outfits, weapons (guns, fists, flamethrowers, piss, etc.) and even strange weapons will count your kills on the certain weapon and rank up. There are thousands of maps and mods to choose from and the gameplay is just fun, and even 10x more enjoyable with your friends. It could get some fixing with the MAC users, but overall, it's a must have. Expand
  2. Jul 28, 2013
    A brilliantly fun game that combines complex class mechanics with balanced gameplay for the ultimate FPS experience. It has a large, and growing competitive scene, with multiple tournaments and leagues in America, Europe, Asia and Australia. If you want something fun to play with your friends this is it. Oh, and of course there's the hats. There's ALWAYS the hats.
  3. Jul 28, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is perhaps the greatest first person shooter to ever be released! It has nine classes that are well balanced, even with the addition of new weapons, and have different abilities, such as the Spy who can cloak and get behind enemy lines or the Heavy who can clear a room full of enemies with the help of the trusty Medic. Hats have been added to the game to showcase theTeam Fortress 2 is perhaps the greatest first person shooter to ever be released! It has nine classes that are well balanced, even with the addition of new weapons, and have different abilities, such as the Spy who can cloak and get behind enemy lines or the Heavy who can clear a room full of enemies with the help of the trusty Medic. Hats have been added to the game to showcase the players preference in style, today in TF2, it is becoming more difficult to find two players in the same match wearing the same hat and misc items because hundreds of hats and miscs have been added to the game, allowing a wide range of customization. TF2's innovative game mode "Payload" gets my vote for best multiplayer game mode ever! It is a blast to play on any of the official maps (especially Goldrush and Thunder Mountain) and very rarely will get old. There is also CTF, CP, Attack/ defend CP and KOTH to choose from among other modes. This truly IS the most fun you can have on any game! Expand
  4. Aug 26, 2013
    An amazing game, probably one of my top 5 FPS of all time. This game is content packed, as Valve keeps updating this game (which is awesome), lots of maps, items, and hats to find. I very well enjoy this game, and since it is F2P i recommend anybody to go get this game now!
  5. Jul 28, 2013
    This game is fantastic, the perfect balance of all it's classes, and all the goofy characters, the fact that game is 5+ years old, and Valve is still working on it is amazing. I highly recommend it.
  6. Jul 31, 2013
    This game I rember Team Fortress 1 and WOW this game is.. where do I start the gameplay is balanced and classes have their weak points and strength points balanced easily and well. The game is FREE to play. It has at least 500 hours of gameplay. It has slick smart graphics that birthed the art design of dishounred and other games. Its replay value is awesome as you will be going on for 20This game I rember Team Fortress 1 and WOW this game is.. where do I start the gameplay is balanced and classes have their weak points and strength points balanced easily and well. The game is FREE to play. It has at least 500 hours of gameplay. It has slick smart graphics that birthed the art design of dishounred and other games. Its replay value is awesome as you will be going on for 20 hours every day getting hats costumes and weapons. There are about 200 hats to buy and 100 costumes to buy and about 150 weapons to buy(also you can craft and you can unlock them insted of buying) but there are secret weapons ,costumes and hats and once you feel you have got them all which you probley have not there are strange very strange glendary and much more versions of an item at first this may seem stupid but since these are very rare this encourges trade another imploment to this game or you could just show off With quite literally 1000's of servers you'll wont be bored. There are unique gamemodes like capture the flag king of the hill and payload or the normal attack/defence. Payload is a fun gamemode where one team is trying to push the cart while others are trying to stop you and there is a payload race where both teams race to the end.TF2 consits of 9 classes 1. The Scout has low heath but is very fast and offencive and has a shotgun pistol and baseball bat 2. The soldier is slow but has a rocket launcher and can rocket jump he has a lot of heath and a shotgun and shovel 3. My favourite the Pyro this nifity guy has a good amount of health (just under the soldier) but is not slow yet not fast he has a flamethrower to check for spies when they are cloacked a comprossion blast to throw foes back and a fire axe Quickly so I just mention every charcter and class is voiced over and has there own jokes and tricks and taunts. 4. The Demoman is a heavy scottish drinker and has a grenade launcher a sticky grenade launcher bascially how this works is that this type of grenade sticks on to everything when you right click it blows up he also has a bottle of whisky 5. The Heavy he has a large Minigun a shot gun and boxing gloves he is very slow and has the most health in the game. 6. The engineer can make sentry and upgrade them he also can make dispencers that give health and upgrade that and he can upgrade and place teleporters he has a shotgun a pistol and a wrench 7.The Medic has a needle gun and can heal people by using the healing gun he also has a saw .8.The sniper has a very small amount amount of health but has a very powerful sniper rifle when he gets a headshot he kills instantley he also has an SMG and a machete 9. The spy can cloak and go invisble and when he back stabs he kills instantley he also has a revolver and he can look like to the other team like hes one of them but then he brings out the sapper a device that breaks any thing the engineer builds TF2 (Team Fortress 2 is the ultimate game and does nothing wrong every game should espically fps games) should want to be like TF2 Expand
  7. Aug 2, 2013
    Are you dangerous like heavy, or coward like scout? Whatever your style tf2 is for you; plus it's free so why not? The decoration free weapon drops and all these features keeps you going on. Plus a Zombie like Mann vs. Machine mode!
  8. Aug 9, 2013
    It sure is a great game, the best free game available on the PC. However, the optimization is poor and you need a good PC. Also, I do not like the idea of promo's and an in-game economy, and if you even spend just 10 euros on this game, you will spend more on it later. It just pulls you in and never lets you out, unless you are strong enough.
  9. Aug 18, 2013
    The possibilities, the background story, the mechanics, the variation between classes...It feels like an amazing game. It is amazing. To top that, certain people you play with make the game even better. And despite the hat market and sudden desire to get something on top of your head, it is a truly satisfying experience playing on a server doing something to help your team out of trouble.The possibilities, the background story, the mechanics, the variation between classes...It feels like an amazing game. It is amazing. To top that, certain people you play with make the game even better. And despite the hat market and sudden desire to get something on top of your head, it is a truly satisfying experience playing on a server doing something to help your team out of trouble. I've known this for three years already and I am still going. Expand
  10. Aug 23, 2013
    Okay this is going to be a long one... My Team Fortress 2 Review!
    Final Verdict Is te.. no, i must give this a fair review!
    Okay lets start of with story: Two land hungry brothers want to take over their deceased father's land and what do they do? Do they Normally talk it out like family? Do they give a fair argument? No! One of the hires 9 mercenaries, but the other on stupidly also
    Okay this is going to be a long one... My Team Fortress 2 Review!
    Final Verdict Is te.. no, i must give this a fair review!

No! One of the hires 9 mercenaries, but the other on stupidly also hires 9 mercenaries why didn't he get more?) to have war with each other, which most likely destroy the land but that's out of question. you have to use all 9 mercenaries or classes as they are called to fight and beat the living out of each other.
    Whew that was long but we have a lot more to go as we head into the presentation.
    The game surprisingly goes away from counter strike and cod and has a very cartoonish style of visuals.
    Some people hate these graphics but they are nothing (sorry to all people with that opinion i will give you cake). The game is a FPS With a very cartoony style of visuals, as stated before. And now my final rating is... no not yet because i have to go into Game play!
    Now this is when TF2 is different to other FPS's out on the market. I am a Cod Fan myself but there is one game with more originality and thats Tf2. Same game every year.. humph. Anyway As the steam page says or used to say its a war hat simulation-Valve" Its a very different game to others.
    There are nine classes you can choose from that play different from eachother. The nine classes are:
    Soldier,Pyro,Scout,Heavy,Demoman,Spy,Medic,Engineer and my personal favorite, The Sniper.
    Each one of them plays different from each other as i stated before.
    For example the Scout runs fast and can double jump, The Heavy Has a frickin' huge mini gun at his side and The Engineer has a sentry gun that he can lay down at his disposal. Valve, why are you so creative... that would give it a ten out of ten right there but i digress. One of the biggest things in TF2 is the customization, oh god its HUGE! You have hats, new weapons and even a balloon unicorn that follows you around, thats so cute!
    The loadouts are most likely different to everyone else's choice, but there are the DemoKnight, The Attack Engineer and there is even a jar of your own urine! Icant go on for any longer because i would break my fingers so i should wrap this up.
    Team Fortress 2 is an amazingly creative,fun and just a downright great experience.
    Also have i mentioned the the game is free, yeah you can download it from steam whenever you like.
    But don't get it on Xbox 360 or Ps3, they are quite s**t port i do say myself and they havent been updated since 2007 soo... get it on pc!
    My final rating that you have already seen is..... 10!
    Thankyou for reading my review and i hope, if you haven't play this game. But you would already be playing right? PLAY NOW!
  11. Sep 15, 2013
    I have played this game since 20-10, I stopped playing it because of Dota. Not saying that I started to get bored because of this game. Actually, this is the only on-line game I have played for 3 years. I love the characters. They have their own skill and style, in the game, my favourite character is spy, this is a very interesting character, in other fps gun games, the knife is not soI have played this game since 20-10, I stopped playing it because of Dota. Not saying that I started to get bored because of this game. Actually, this is the only on-line game I have played for 3 years. I love the characters. They have their own skill and style, in the game, my favourite character is spy, this is a very interesting character, in other fps gun games, the knife is not so important. I don't think you would use the knife when playing cso, ava...but valve create a character that need it, if you told the people you need knife in a gun game 10 years ago, they would send you to the hospital! But team fortress 2 change their views( I was one of them before). And in this game, team work is very important. Also, this game allows players to make their maps and their playing modes, for example zombie mode. Also I like the trailers, valve uses his heart to make this game, not only for earning money, they take care of the players! Many other games forget about it. They didn't care about the players, they just want money, and their result is fail. Team Fortress 2 did a good job on it. Only one small thing I think they should do better, it is that they should create more weapons. Because the numbers of weapon didn't increase a lot, and I hope it will change.
    Maybe valve will make team fortress 3 in the future! I am waiting for that day.
  12. Oct 8, 2013
    Still the most fun you can have online and thats saying a lot, a very fun game and a very friendly community that is still going strong you will meet people in this game you will want to play with again. i have almost 2000 hours in this game and it is still one of my favorite games of all time. PLUS YOU GET UPDATES AND DLCS AND PATCHES EVERY FEW MONTHS THAT ADD MAPS,WEAPONS AND OTHERStill the most fun you can have online and thats saying a lot, a very fun game and a very friendly community that is still going strong you will meet people in this game you will want to play with again. i have almost 2000 hours in this game and it is still one of my favorite games of all time. PLUS YOU GET UPDATES AND DLCS AND PATCHES EVERY FEW MONTHS THAT ADD MAPS,WEAPONS AND OTHER ITEMS FOR FREE! Expand
  13. Oct 31, 2013
    Great game all round, F2P, brilliant gameplay. You should not ignore this game it's better than your average COD. Apart from a few annoying things this game is a brilliant experience.
  14. Sep 25, 2013
    Valve has managed this game very well. Its success is reflected in how long it has stayed alive as a game relying solely on pvp. From a game mod to a great game, Team Fortress 2 doesn't give you repetitive first-person shooter game play, offering you several different modes of objectives, and different classes with different specializations to spice up the game. Valve also constantlyValve has managed this game very well. Its success is reflected in how long it has stayed alive as a game relying solely on pvp. From a game mod to a great game, Team Fortress 2 doesn't give you repetitive first-person shooter game play, offering you several different modes of objectives, and different classes with different specializations to spice up the game. Valve also constantly updates the game, thus ensuring there will be new content, along with player-contributed mods and the like.
    Overall, great game to pick up, considering that its free and really enjoyable even to people like me who are not completely interested in first-person shooters.
  15. Sep 3, 2014
    I spend more time on this game then with my family, friends, and my shower, combined.... It is seriously the best free to play game ever. Its 9 unique FPS game is downright awesome, its fun, and you will spend HOURS on this game so you can trade some keys so you can find that Unusual hat that you hope is in your crate!
  16. Oct 5, 2013
    This game is definitely in my top 10 favorite video games. Sure, the hat collecting is pointless but it gives us a chance to customize our characters into wacky things. The game really wasn't supposed to be serious in the first place, just a fun competition between red and blue.
  17. Oct 15, 2013
    I love this game. It gets a perfect 10 from me. There are a lot of immature 6 and 7 year old kids, but i just ignore them or tell them to shut up, but other than that, the game is a masterpiece.
  18. Oct 18, 2013
    Not once has a game thrilled me with such... genialidad (That's Spanish)! All the classes have their own upsides and downsides, all very fun and creative. Heavy gets boring if you want a challenge since he walks around with a minigun slowly shooting at enemies with 300 HP, but there are some things to do as him like defend medics or defend control points. Mann Co was a great idea,Not once has a game thrilled me with such... genialidad (That's Spanish)! All the classes have their own upsides and downsides, all very fun and creative. Heavy gets boring if you want a challenge since he walks around with a minigun slowly shooting at enemies with 300 HP, but there are some things to do as him like defend medics or defend control points. Mann Co was a great idea, supporting Valve by you paying for items that you'll love. Trading is very helpful, where you can trade weapons for weapons, hats for hats, etc. Also, even though they aren't avoidable, there aren't so many ragekids. So that's good. There is so many step ups from TFC (Which is a great game, and worth the money so I recommend it) like moving sentries, going faster, new weapons and abilities, etc. Fun, joy and challenge awaits in a free fabulous masterpiece! Expand
  19. Mar 15, 2014
    With the map editor, endless items waiting to be approved in the Steam Workshop and the 9 classes for any kind of FPS player, you will play Team Fortress 2 for a long time! And guess what? This games is FREE TO PLAY! So you only need 8GB free on your hard drive and you are good to go! Even if TF2 has micro-transactions, they are not really going to make a difference but if you want to stayWith the map editor, endless items waiting to be approved in the Steam Workshop and the 9 classes for any kind of FPS player, you will play Team Fortress 2 for a long time! And guess what? This games is FREE TO PLAY! So you only need 8GB free on your hard drive and you are good to go! Even if TF2 has micro-transactions, they are not really going to make a difference but if you want to stay unique from other players, you might spend £50 on your items without even realising:) In my opinion, give this game a try because you have nothing to lose! Expand
  20. Dec 4, 2013
    An amazing game for anytime of the day, I'm always playing this. I seriously recommend getting Team Fortress 2, I'ts simply amazing. I literally play this every single day just to be entertained.
  21. Dec 9, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is the perfect blend of seriousness and silliness, from hats that have planets spinning around them to flip flops this game has it all. I highly recommend this game to anyone interested.
  22. Dec 26, 2013
    I have no idea why there are negative reviews. This game combines unique cartoon like graphics, fun shooting, and humor for no price. Hats are awesome and the weapons are good. Each class has weaknesses and strong points. The game is a must have :D
  23. Mar 7, 2014
    Another entertaining game by Valve. It has unique cartoonish graphics, makes the game funnier. Game play is quite good, satisfies enough. In the game, there are nine well-designed classes. They have some advantages and disadvantages, you should choose them according to you playing style. By the way, don't forget the maps, they designed very well too. You can spent hours in the same map,Another entertaining game by Valve. It has unique cartoonish graphics, makes the game funnier. Game play is quite good, satisfies enough. In the game, there are nine well-designed classes. They have some advantages and disadvantages, you should choose them according to you playing style. By the way, don't forget the maps, they designed very well too. You can spent hours in the same map, seriously.

Anyway, 10 out of 10 to you TF2. You deserved it!
  24. May 1, 2014
    Well, I can easily see why this game is well received. The characters are absolutely hysterical, the mechanics are well balanced, and the excellent presentation.

There are nine character classes, each with a colorful personality and a unique style of game-play. I think the release timing was in part because Valve tried so hard to make this an almost perfect game. The mechanics are

I think the release timing was in part because Valve tried so hard to make this an almost perfect game. The mechanics are balanced with every detail in mind, and that rarely happens nowadays with most FPS games. I'm talking about Call of Duty as the main game series that does this.

The presentation is well fit to the frivolous nature of the game. The graphics are quite cartoon-ish, and the music amazingly arranged, and well suited to violent psychopath mercenaries (and killers for hire.)

There are few flaws with this game, one of the primary flaws is the lackluster storyline. It might as well have been written out of a terribly written novel without a point to it.

This game isn't quite a perfect 10, but one of the closest to it I have ever played. If the scale was a 100 scale, it would be a 96-97 for me.
  25. Jun 5, 2014
    This is one of those games that never gets old, you can always come back to it and have a great time. There are endless achievements, so you'll never really "finish" the game. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because some of the people who play it are real **** It's rare that I play a game and don't see slander all over the chat, or hear irritating 12-year-olds on their microphoneThis is one of those games that never gets old, you can always come back to it and have a great time. There are endless achievements, so you'll never really "finish" the game. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because some of the people who play it are real **** It's rare that I play a game and don't see slander all over the chat, or hear irritating 12-year-olds on their microphone trying to tell everyone what to do. Another thing I don't like is that some of the maps are real prone to people posting up pictures of graphic porn. It's uncomfortable for me because I'm a girl, and it really makes me feel like I'm not supposed to be there playing with all of these guys. It's not going to stop me from playing though, because It's way too fun. Expand
  26. Jul 2, 2014
    this game teaches you about cooperation, you are nothing without your team, every class has a purpose and field of play, the first time i played this i always used the spy, but as you play you figure out your type of play, youll figure out what class youre best with, after using spy, i became great with the scout, and is now my favorite class, this game is a great way to make friends onthis game teaches you about cooperation, you are nothing without your team, every class has a purpose and field of play, the first time i played this i always used the spy, but as you play you figure out your type of play, youll figure out what class youre best with, after using spy, i became great with the scout, and is now my favorite class, this game is a great way to make friends on steam and a great way to fight with your friends in the "mann vs. machine" game mode, deffinitley a great community with generous people ready to lend you a hand in sending you new weapons as a gift for no cost. A spot on 10/10! Expand
  27. Jul 5, 2014
    What kind of FPS have you heard about that has hats? ...This game. 10/10

Ignore fill-in characters:
    -------------------------------------------------
  28. Jul 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tf2 is the best fps f2p game out there. It's addicting, funny, and original. The weapons are usually very under powered, but I flourished when I found a combo that worked for me. The spy is under-powered and needs to be buffed, the snipers cross-hair is way to small, and the scout is just bad, but the other classes are fun. I enjoy going pyro and airblasting like crazy. I love how the characters have distinct and unique personalities, even though I dislike the soldiers personality. I love getting hats and finding ones that work for me. The hats are one of the many things that make my come back to play more tf2. The one major downside is the fact that so many cosmetics are holiday restricted. Still, Tf2 is a fun, diverse, and highly enjoyable game. Expand
  29. Jul 13, 2014
    TF2 has a perfect mix of graphics,music and game play. I have played it for 100 hours and it never got boring. I can even play this on my old computer that sucks. All of the items are really balanced and it is not pay to win type of game. But instead it is a play to win game. With protection against hackers and cheaters. It also get updated regularly with new game modes,maps and items. ItTF2 has a perfect mix of graphics,music and game play. I have played it for 100 hours and it never got boring. I can even play this on my old computer that sucks. All of the items are really balanced and it is not pay to win type of game. But instead it is a play to win game. With protection against hackers and cheaters. It also get updated regularly with new game modes,maps and items. It also has a pretty good community where users can create items. Bottom line this game is awesome and I will rate it 10 out 10 hats!
    -Zincio

And

Stole my love

_______________________________
  31. Feb 6, 2012
    I figure if all players have left to **** about is 'balance', then you've created a fantastic game. Balance is a subjective thing. Team Fortress 2 is a free FPS with the nostalgic feel of the Quake engine that I feel is more than competitive with the likes of the most recent FPS heavy-hitters (i.e. Modern Warfare, Battlefield). With the legacy that TF2 has, it's no wonder Valve pissed offI figure if all players have left to **** about is 'balance', then you've created a fantastic game. Balance is a subjective thing. Team Fortress 2 is a free FPS with the nostalgic feel of the Quake engine that I feel is more than competitive with the likes of the most recent FPS heavy-hitters (i.e. Modern Warfare, Battlefield). With the legacy that TF2 has, it's no wonder Valve pissed off a few fanboys by changing things up a bit. Pay them no mind. If you are passing this game up, you're missing out. End of story. Expand
  32. Jan 9, 2012
    Great game. Never been a fan of FPS, but this is the best FPS game. Full of action, challenges and fun. The cartoon graphics make the game better, more enjoyable. 9 different classes of all types: power, speed, technique, and others. One of the best multiplayers game.
  33. Jan 9, 2012
    Very good art style for the game. With all of the classes, and everything you can do, it is a game hard to get bored with. It runs well on low end machines, and looks pretty good on high end machines. Fun for all.
  34. Dec 16, 2011
    Played this since 2007 and really love it. and I am not really much of a MP player. The fun and action-packed game has me enterained for years even if I have nearlyl 600 games on my steam account, I still come to TF2 to play. I am fast approaching 1000 hours played clocked on this game. Subtitles are lacking but someone has created a mod that implements closed captions into the game whichPlayed this since 2007 and really love it. and I am not really much of a MP player. The fun and action-packed game has me enterained for years even if I have nearlyl 600 games on my steam account, I still come to TF2 to play. I am fast approaching 1000 hours played clocked on this game. Subtitles are lacking but someone has created a mod that implements closed captions into the game which increased it's fun factor. Greatly recommended for those looking for action packed multiplayer FPS. Expand
  35. Feb 9, 2012
    First, think of the latest in a line of games that set the trend for almost all future fps's. then make it online, then give it constant updates and new toys to play with. now make it all free. that's team fortess two. it was worth the money when it was released because it offers competitive play for all skill levels and types of gamer. it has its own economy and continuously growingFirst, think of the latest in a line of games that set the trend for almost all future fps's. then make it online, then give it constant updates and new toys to play with. now make it all free. that's team fortess two. it was worth the money when it was released because it offers competitive play for all skill levels and types of gamer. it has its own economy and continuously growing fanbase. the graphics are great (you can barely tell the tf2 is as old as it is), the classes balance well. Oh, and did i mention it's free? Expand
  36. Nov 5, 2010
    This is truly one of the greatest multiplayer FPS games i've ever played.
    This is truly one of the greatest multiplayer FPS games i've ever played.
    I am playing it for a year and it's still entertaining, mostly because of updates, that, i think, come more frequently than MMO updates. With 9 classes to choose from, everyone will find their favourite gameplay style. And, of course, HATS. They make the game even more awesome... This is the best mix of RPG and FPS. Weapons, hats, trading, crafting and shooting. 'Couse who needs experience points.
  37. Nov 11, 2010
    This is a great game. It has by far the most hours logged on my computer out of any game I own. Every class you play you get an entirely different experience and the best part is that every class actually feels necessary. Then I personally enjoy the humor in this game and the fact that there are as many frequent updates as there are is just top notch. Its is bar none the best multiplayerThis is a great game. It has by far the most hours logged on my computer out of any game I own. Every class you play you get an entirely different experience and the best part is that every class actually feels necessary. Then I personally enjoy the humor in this game and the fact that there are as many frequent updates as there are is just top notch. Its is bar none the best multiplayer experience out there even 3 years after its original release. Expand
  38. Dec 4, 2010
    This game is frikin amazing. The best game ever for the PC besides Half-Life. Its fantasticaly simple yet strategic. You will really get into this game for a long time. Each character has a fun ascet to them. The game is hilarious and you will like it for along time. The gameplay is fantastic and its so fun. Its just mindless killing. No real war. Just killing. Its so fun you have to get this
  39. Jan 5, 2012
    The game is very fun to play and keeps constantly getting updated with new features making it fun to keep playing it. I've played it for years now and still enjoy it. Only problem is that Valve is releasing new updates without testing them properly making the game unbalanced.
  40. Dec 23, 2011
    This game is the most fun you can have online. Why? First of all, there are no such things as "levels" or "experience" or "cheating", and everybody has an equal chance to win. Second of almost all, you can find items and craft items with the time, which is also super epic. Don't buy Counter-Strike, Download THIS for free via Steam.
  41. Oct 9, 2010
    This game is the best multiplayer game I have EVER played. The game is superbly balanced, lacking the traditional customization most FPSs like MW2 have. Instead the game has 9 Classes, all fo which gave several advantages, disadvantages, and styles of play. The Scout for example, is the fastest class, and can double jump, making hard to hit. But with that he gets a relatively weak weaponThis game is the best multiplayer game I have EVER played. The game is superbly balanced, lacking the traditional customization most FPSs like MW2 have. Instead the game has 9 Classes, all fo which gave several advantages, disadvantages, and styles of play. The Scout for example, is the fastest class, and can double jump, making hard to hit. But with that he gets a relatively weak weapon with bad accuracy (short double barreled shotgun) and very low health. I would recommend this game to anyone AND everyone. This game, now about 3 years old is also still getting patches and updates. HOW MANY GAMES ARE LIKE THAT?! An amazing game with a great art style and amazing textures, it has a unique look. This is the best multiplayer game I play tied with Counter Strike Source. Expand
  42. Aug 28, 2010
    the cartoony graphics make it even more lovable and is a great break from the next gen graphics (brown n' bloom). Lovable characters, dedicated servers, great community. This is definitly on my top 10 greatest games of all time
  43. Sep 1, 2010
    Lets have a new review shall we? Team fortress 2 is the most amazing mutliplayer experience ever. Its balanced with its diffrent classes that have diffrent roles, letting you pick your style. The pyro is people who like close range and ambush, heavy is for power and scout is for speed. Many diffrent tactics such as Sap n stab, rocket jumping can be involved. People who say there are noLets have a new review shall we? Team fortress 2 is the most amazing mutliplayer experience ever. Its balanced with its diffrent classes that have diffrent roles, letting you pick your style. The pyro is people who like close range and ambush, heavy is for power and scout is for speed. Many diffrent tactics such as Sap n stab, rocket jumping can be involved. People who say there are no objectives have not played the game. CTF, CP, PL, PLR, DM, AAD and counting are all gamemodes in this game. The characters have style and more. TFC is NOTHING compared to this lovley polished game. Expand
  44. Sep 15, 2010
    I bought this game on a whim a while back. All I can say is that this is quite possibly the most fun I've had in a game in a long time. Quite simply the longevity of the game and the willingness of valve to continue to support this game speaks volumes. Constant class updates, game updates and a vibrant community that run very excellent servers that are quite full day and night. I recommendI bought this game on a whim a while back. All I can say is that this is quite possibly the most fun I've had in a game in a long time. Quite simply the longevity of the game and the willingness of valve to continue to support this game speaks volumes. Constant class updates, game updates and a vibrant community that run very excellent servers that are quite full day and night. I recommend the No Heroes servers. The gentleman that runs the joint doesn't put up with any guff and his servers are full 90% of the day. There is also quite a large female gamer population that plays there as well. All and all this game is tops. Download it from steam or buy it off the shelf. You'll have hours of fun. Expand
  45. Nov 4, 2010
    One of the greatest parts of this game is the updates. Released back in October 2007, Team Fortress 2 is still a fun multiplayer first person shooter. More content is being added every month or so and the community is growing larger all the time.
  46. Dec 25, 2011
    This game was pretty good overall, and have nothing bad to say about this game. It is pretty amazing. Online was pretty good and the graphics were pretty good, too
  47. Dec 28, 2011
    I got this game for free without knowing much about it prior. 60 hours of playtime later, still going strongly. This is the best FPS ever made. Everything is simple but things get very complex later. There is a huge array of weapons. The whole game is ridiculous (in a good way) but that's why it's so much better than other FPSs such as COD. It's unbelievably addictive and the classes areI got this game for free without knowing much about it prior. 60 hours of playtime later, still going strongly. This is the best FPS ever made. Everything is simple but things get very complex later. There is a huge array of weapons. The whole game is ridiculous (in a good way) but that's why it's so much better than other FPSs such as COD. It's unbelievably addictive and the classes are very varied but have big room for customization. Basically, everyone with a good computer should get this game. Expand
  48. Jan 5, 2012
    nice game with nice graphics and and you will never get bored with all of this new weapon and maps and game modes and it has 9 classes each class has his own ability to do his job
  49. Mar 21, 2011
    TF2 has always been one of my favorite games. It has memorable characters, diverse playstyles, unique maps, and best of all: It has a wonderful and mostly kind community.
    I don't go a day without hearing one of the character's voices saying something in my head to fit my situation.
    Not to mention completely and totally reliable as VALVe is with all of their games. It's made well, it has constant content updates and patches, the blog is updated rather actively, etc.
    And for the low price of $20? This game is Three years old and the community is still huge. This game has quality written all over it. It's hard to find a major flaw that isn't soon fixed.
  50. Aug 30, 2010
    Team Fortress 2 is the perfect online FPS game. It is even with Counter Strike: Source. This game is possibly the most actively changing game that is perfect. 10/10
  51. Apr 5, 2011
    best half life game ever. but unfortunately now has become a bs pay more and more type of game. A perfect hit, even updates perfect, even thought became a digital hat simulator. I am only up set that now they added crates which one must purchase a key to unlock and you cannot craft a key. so if you don't have 25 dollars a month the crates are useless.
  52. Jan 18, 2012
    Everything about this game is great. The customization and item management is amazing, and the gunplay is varied, and violent. The visuals are great, but a little off putting if you're a veteran shooter fan of the likes of CoD and Battlefield. Similarly, The quirkiness of TF2 mean that going back to a different shooter is a little hard at least for me. Since it's F2P, there should be noEverything about this game is great. The customization and item management is amazing, and the gunplay is varied, and violent. The visuals are great, but a little off putting if you're a veteran shooter fan of the likes of CoD and Battlefield. Similarly, The quirkiness of TF2 mean that going back to a different shooter is a little hard at least for me. Since it's F2P, there should be no reason not to play it. Expand
  53. MitchellC.
    Jul 8, 2008
    The best game I've ever played, it's absolutely worth every penny down to the detail and fun that the game actually is, it's great, and It deserves respect for the time it took to make, the though about lots of things before releasing it to make it more fun (if you list to the commentary node) It's a wonderful game for veterans, news anyone, everyone can enjoy it if The best game I've ever played, it's absolutely worth every penny down to the detail and fun that the game actually is, it's great, and It deserves respect for the time it took to make, the though about lots of things before releasing it to make it more fun (if you list to the commentary node) It's a wonderful game for veterans, news anyone, everyone can enjoy it if you like FPS with a cartoonish style. Expand
  54. JackF.
    Jul 9, 2008
    An "easy to learn, hard to master" game of the highest calibre. New players will find comfort in classes like soldier and heavy, while more experienced players will use the more complicated classes. Every class has a unique feel to it and each are great fun to use. The shortage of maps has been fixed, as Valve is constantly releasing new maps and weapon unlocks to add even more replay An "easy to learn, hard to master" game of the highest calibre. New players will find comfort in classes like soldier and heavy, while more experienced players will use the more complicated classes. Every class has a unique feel to it and each are great fun to use. The shortage of maps has been fixed, as Valve is constantly releasing new maps and weapon unlocks to add even more replay value. For $30 (It's now $30), it is the best multiplayer game out there, easy. Expand
  55. JaysonF.
    Jan 26, 2008
    Hilarious and fun. It is hard not to laugh and enjoy the eye-candy as you play. Overall the game is well balanced and possibly the best multi-player shooter that is out there. Fantastic for a group of friends. Easy to learn and play if you are a part time gamer. If it isn't clear, don't expect this game to have any sort of single player component. It is one big multi-player Hilarious and fun. It is hard not to laugh and enjoy the eye-candy as you play. Overall the game is well balanced and possibly the best multi-player shooter that is out there. Fantastic for a group of friends. Easy to learn and play if you are a part time gamer. If it isn't clear, don't expect this game to have any sort of single player component. It is one big multi-player fragfest -- fantastic disposable fun. *Lots* of violence. Not suitable for those seeking Nemo. Expand
  56. John
    Aug 15, 2008
    This is without a doubt the most value for money and also the most fun I have ever had with any game, period. What makes it even better is that Valve continue to release amazing content nearly a year after release. My feeling is that this game is seriously underrated, but will one day be recognized as perhaps the most fun multiplayer fps game ever created. If you enjoy large scale online This is without a doubt the most value for money and also the most fun I have ever had with any game, period. What makes it even better is that Valve continue to release amazing content nearly a year after release. My feeling is that this game is seriously underrated, but will one day be recognized as perhaps the most fun multiplayer fps game ever created. If you enjoy large scale online coop play, you are gonna have a blast playing this game. Seriously, it seems like it will never get old. Expand
  57. LukeN
    Nov 14, 2009
    I don't know why the metascore on this game is only a 92 cause it deserves a 10. The best class based game I have ever played and probably the multiplayer also. This game is a must have if you play online games. Just get the PC version because the 360 version on The Orange Box kinda sucks. The PC version is simply amazing though.
  58. MattM
    Feb 1, 2010
    I love this game,i would give it 9.5 but 10 rounds closer and all that math,anyways.... The Good Stuff 1.Its fun 2.Many mods and custom maps so i have a lot more to do 3.9 Different classes,each with their own advantages For example: Heavy:Slow but shoots lots of lead to your face Scout:lil low on HP but fast and jumps high with a shotgun and so on 4.Usually Quick DL's The OK stuff I love this game,i would give it 9.5 but 10 rounds closer and all that math,anyways.... The Good Stuff 1.Its fun 2.Many mods and custom maps so i have a lot more to do 3.9 Different classes,each with their own advantages For example: Heavy:Slow but shoots lots of lead to your face Scout:lil low on HP but fast and jumps high with a shotgun and so on 4.Usually Quick DL's The OK stuff 1.The Graffics are out of date,but its supposed to be like that for the fun of it 2.Heavy is OVERHEALTHED! The Bad 1.The spys pistol is a lil weak (i know alot of you think its TOO strong but it should be 1-hit-kill Overall:GREAT game that always kickz azzzz the orange box includes this great game,so that might be something to,and if you have steam the valve complete pack is a nice deal with all the good games like this,l4d,l4d2,CS and all that.It gets updated alot so its also a very very good game in valve's opinion,cuz its old. Recommended? HELL YAAAA. Expand
  59. RobinZ.
    Oct 11, 2007
    It is a very funny game. I like the comicstyle and the mass of classes to choose ;) Every class has it's + and - Also the maps are nicely done! The balancing is quite well but it can be increased a lil bit more. The spawntime is a bit hard with 15seconds but ok, because otherwise the maps would be flooded with players.
  60. Sep 3, 2010
    The game is perfect to play multiplayer. It has few bugs, easy interface and controls, require more teamwork than ability, what makes this game good for all ages and gamers: casual or pro.
    The combination of multiplayer plus excellent gameplay plus nice cartoonie graphics makes this game so much fun. The price for this game is correct.
  61. Dec 4, 2010
    Team Fortress 2 is possibly the best TDM FPS of the century for me. The diverse mix of 9 classes, several different game mode types, many different maps, outstanding visual quality, constant free-content adding updates and many other things all add up this make this game just purely astounding.
    On top of that, since this game is build on the source engine, one of the most (if not the most) modded game engines in the industry, users can add their own maps, weapons and customizations at will.
    The game is very new player friendly, and at the same time very competitive. There are several videos on YouTube of dudes girlfriends/mothers/grandmothers who have never played first person shooters before and manage to pick up and play, get a few kills and have fun.
    What with there being 9 seperate classes, all with different types of weapons and content being added on that allows you to customize the classes even further, the possibilities are endless. I would give the game a 9.9 as I don't believe any game deserves a 10, but if there was one bad thing I would have to say about this game, it's that some of the new weapons that are added into the game can sometimes be quite unbalanced, but this is usually fixed after a short while.
  62. Jun 19, 2011
    The only people who hate this now are people who think a game has to be serious. This is a properly good game. There is no deep meaning campaign, no intricate combat system. There is no point to team fortress 2 other than good fun. Every character is a sterotype and no one class is useless. All classes have strengths and weaknesses and the swift learning curve for each helps you find theThe only people who hate this now are people who think a game has to be serious. This is a properly good game. There is no deep meaning campaign, no intricate combat system. There is no point to team fortress 2 other than good fun. Every character is a sterotype and no one class is useless. All classes have strengths and weaknesses and the swift learning curve for each helps you find the one you like the most and can play the best. The maps are often designed well and the interesting graphical style can't age. It will still be admired years to come. This game is so much fun that any gamer should buy it and treasure it. This is the worlds greatest war based hat simulator. Expand
  63. Jun 16, 2011
    As a hardcore TFC fan, I was skeptical when I heard about a lot of the changes being made in TF2, they were easily put aside once I played it, the gameplay and class diversity is much much more defined in TF2. The game demands and rewards teamwork, not many other games out on the market can do that, *Cough COD *Cough.
  64. Jun 22, 2011
    I haven't played a game that was more fun, satisfying, and endlessly entertaining. I'm very bad at first person shooters and I can't get enough of this game. Even as I run through the maps, dying at every turn, I continue to play. Plus, if you keep up with the blog, they have some of the funniest updates I've ever read. I actually look forward to their posts. If you're a fan of shooters,I haven't played a game that was more fun, satisfying, and endlessly entertaining. I'm very bad at first person shooters and I can't get enough of this game. Even as I run through the maps, dying at every turn, I continue to play. Plus, if you keep up with the blog, they have some of the funniest updates I've ever read. I actually look forward to their posts. If you're a fan of shooters, or of having fun, I can't recommend this game highly enough. Expand
  65. Jun 23, 2011
    This is honestly as close to FPS multiplayer perfection you can possibly get. It is constantly updated, with new guns, hats,and other collectables, and it never gets old or boring. And now it is free. There is absolutely 0 reason not to play this game.
  66. Dec 31, 2011
    Absolutely hilarious. Period. And that in itself deserves a 10. I like how people make modes, release new weapons, I mean now that it's f2p, I see a lot more players I can beat up. But either if you're a newbie or a pro, and First-person shooters are your thing, I high recommend this game.
  67. Jan 5, 2012
    I love this game! Best source game ever build. I love the graphics sometimes a little bit funny. But all the prices for hats and weapons is too high. But everything else is very good.
  68. AshB.
    Oct 15, 2007
    Best FPS ever. this game sets the standard for FPS's now, and will not be a easy thing to beat. the classes are diverse and the gameplay is outstanding, this is not some boring quake frag fest, this is a tactical fast paced FPS that will not be replaced by another game anytime soon.
  69. SirC.
    Oct 17, 2007
    One of the most engaging team action games ever to grace our computer screens, TF2 is perfect fun and dangerously compelling. It has the kind of magnetic appeal that keeps us glued to the game and coming back for more. The character mix is ideal, enabling and encouraging cooperative play; and the rapid respawn permits character change mid-game, making it beneficial to those with a One of the most engaging team action games ever to grace our computer screens, TF2 is perfect fun and dangerously compelling. It has the kind of magnetic appeal that keeps us glued to the game and coming back for more. The character mix is ideal, enabling and encouraging cooperative play; and the rapid respawn permits character change mid-game, making it beneficial to those with a team-view of life. Hours of hilarious fun for a pittance, I take my hat off to Valve. I love this doctor! Expand
  70. BrianS.
    Oct 11, 2007
    What to say about this except "oh thank god". Valve has owned the IP for Team Fortress now for a long time, my first experience with Team Fortress was in Quake around TF2.4 or so the game back then was innovative and good, the Valve port of Team Fortress for Half Life was good too, but never have I seen a team play mod come into its own like this. The theme and personality of this game is What to say about this except "oh thank god". Valve has owned the IP for Team Fortress now for a long time, my first experience with Team Fortress was in Quake around TF2.4 or so the game back then was innovative and good, the Valve port of Team Fortress for Half Life was good too, but never have I seen a team play mod come into its own like this. The theme and personality of this game is just breath taking. Valve could have very easily released a Team Fortress for HL2 just a few weeks after its original release, but no, they took their time with it and instead of rehashing a tired old concept they totally reinvented it, out of the projects released with the Orange box I'd have to say that while Episode 2 is nice (though short) and Portal is just mind blowing in concept, TF2 really outshines them both for innovation and outstanding design improvements. I've been waiting for TF2 for awhile now and watched it go through several ilterations and even appear to be vaporware, all I can say is bravo, the wait has been worth it and TF2 more than delivers in all facets of game play. TF2 sets the new bar for development in video games, combining great action, good team play and a really entertaining design theme to quite literally steal all the bases for a home run game. I never give a game a ten, but to be honest, to give TF2 anything less would be a flat out lie. Buy it! Expand
  71. RobC.
    Oct 18, 2007
    Simply brilliant. Its wacky, silly, twisted, and down right fun every second. Its simple enough that anyone can pick it up a moment's notice and not do too bad but there is a certain level of depth that can keep the veterans on their toes and coming back for more. If there is one game that should get multi-player game of the year, this would take it hands down. As an aside, there is Simply brilliant. Its wacky, silly, twisted, and down right fun every second. Its simple enough that anyone can pick it up a moment's notice and not do too bad but there is a certain level of depth that can keep the veterans on their toes and coming back for more. If there is one game that should get multi-player game of the year, this would take it hands down. As an aside, there is one thing that bugs me, and its not so much the game itself but the way people play it. The game is called "Team Fortress 2" not "im the lone ranger and dont give too poops about anyone around me so im gonna go run around all stupid like". Listen to your teammates, get a strategy (even if its a crude one), and work together people! Expand
  72. JohnH.
    Oct 8, 2007
    I expected this to be a slight modification of Half Life 2 Deathmatch, but it truly is an entirely new game, full of amusing new graphics and a truly team based combat engine capable of running on pretty much any system. It's probably worth the $45 price-tag for the orange box single-handedly, not to say the other games won't be just as good!! Epic Game!!
  73. AlanH.
    Oct 13, 2007
    Great game with diversity among the classes. They truly stand apart from one another and force the opposing team to figure out how to offset your teams classes they are using. A blast to play and has added depth over your standard FPS with the depth of the classes.
  74. SkylerM.
    Oct 18, 2007
    TF2's formula is simple: make it fun and make it fast-paced. This game passes with flying color. Game play is flawless, the graphics and general feel of the game is perfect. Aside from the usual beginning lag issues that you normally see in a multiplayer game, Team Fortress 2 is amazing. I cannot get bored.
  75. Nov 11, 2011
    "Team Fortress 2" is one of the most historically epic games Valve has ever made. The game only consists of multiplayer, but multiplayer at it's finest. The 9 classes are very balanced as well as the controls too. Gameplay is smooth and is equipped with sexy graphics. There are a variety of maps and game modes as well as constant updates from our trusty Valve. The only downside? There is"Team Fortress 2" is one of the most historically epic games Valve has ever made. The game only consists of multiplayer, but multiplayer at it's finest. The 9 classes are very balanced as well as the controls too. Gameplay is smooth and is equipped with sexy graphics. There are a variety of maps and game modes as well as constant updates from our trusty Valve. The only downside? There is no singleplayer or campaign. Nevertheless, TF2 is one of those games that defines "games". Expand
  76. Dec 4, 2010
    This game is PC gamer's essential. You can't call yourself a PC gamer and not at least try this game. The art style is unique and appealing. The gameplay varies dramatically from map to map, requiring the player to create new strategies and work with their team n order to succeed. If you employ the classes properly you should never get stuck, unable to proceed.
    The community is a
    The community is a nice bunch of people.
    The game has it's own charm, that keeps a big, goofy smile on your face the whole time you play it, maybe it's the art style, maybe it's the art style, maybe it's the personalities that each of the classes has, maybe it's how the game sort of makes fun of itself and takes itself so un-seriously.
    There are frequent updates that keep adding new items and features that get the whole community excited and with good reason, these new items can throw a real curve ball in the right situation.
    Lastly, whether you buy the game separately or in the deal of the century that is the Orange Box, the price is always right to buy a copy of Team Fortress 2. So what are you waiting for, go and fire up Steam, and download it, you will not regret it.
  77. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece. Period... The graphics, the controls, the team effort for winning another fight and the constant updates and new items you can get.... It´s great. One of the best games i ever played.
  78. Apr 25, 2012
    A masterpiece. this game is a truly worthwhile shooter for the ages. gameplay is fun, and balanced. character customization is expensive, but if your into that kind of thing thats cool. the game as a whole is awesome looking, sounding, feeling, and playing. why are you still reading this? go play it! its FREE!
  79. Dec 15, 2011
    I got this game as soon as it came out and can't bear to think about the hours I've put into playing it. Luckily its still enjoyable now, which is amazing given its age. My only slight issue is the game does require strategy (especially around medics) and online games are weak on that aspect, which can make it frustrating. Still its an amazing game and now its free there can bge noI got this game as soon as it came out and can't bear to think about the hours I've put into playing it. Luckily its still enjoyable now, which is amazing given its age. My only slight issue is the game does require strategy (especially around medics) and online games are weak on that aspect, which can make it frustrating. Still its an amazing game and now its free there can bge no argument for not playing it. Expand
  80. Dec 21, 2011
    The best overall shooter game I've ever played, very creative and original as well. The fact that the game now is completely free and gets massive regular updates, and has hundreds of community created maps makes this perhaps the best game I have ever played, and I rarely give out 10 / 10!
  81. Dec 24, 2011
    It's balanced, it's addictive, and you can play it for hundreds of hours without stopping. Yes, my friends, this is the world of Team Fortress 2, a highly addictive and stylized free to play multiplayer game. It does look simple, but it's a very complex shooter at its heart and caters to all forms of gameplay.
  82. Dec 27, 2011
    One of the few games I'll give 10/10. I've played this more than any other multiplayer game (800 hours). There are nine classes, each truly unique from the next, with a limitless number of strategies, tactics, etc. Played this game all through college and still loving it.
  83. Apr 6, 2012
    One of the best PC games of all time, and it's FREE. There are no reasons for you to NOT download it and at least try it out, but I can bet you'll be sucked in by the perfect, meticulously balanced gameplay, the original visual art style or by the quirky comic books and videos Valve releases once in a while, it's a fun game to play, to discuss and be a part of.
  84. Aug 27, 2012
    This is one of the best games i ever played. I looked at the negative reviews and it seems lots of people complain that they dont get hats right away or believe the hats make other people better. They complain about being bad and saying theres no balance when there really is just gotta pay attention and know what you're doing.
    Give this game a try. All the extra weapons arent better just
    Give this game a try. All the extra weapons arent better just go with play styles so try them out and have fun. And a tip: The 2 keys you'll probably buy to become premium can be used to get most of the game weapons or get a hat and 3 stranges for the class you'll mostly like use as your main one and some weapons you'll use in the game as you find drops. Tf2 official wiki and tf2 spreadsheet a great resource of information and pricing.
  85. RobertD.
    Oct 10, 2007
    As an addict of Team Fortress Classic, I was excited and worried for Team Fortress 2. At first glance from playing the beta, I found myself in a confusing situation, not knowing what I should think or feel. Like a confused Emo lost in the world, I waded through my emotions until finally coming to a conclusion. I loved the similarities between Team Fortress Classic and TF2... but the As an addict of Team Fortress Classic, I was excited and worried for Team Fortress 2. At first glance from playing the beta, I found myself in a confusing situation, not knowing what I should think or feel. Like a confused Emo lost in the world, I waded through my emotions until finally coming to a conclusion. I loved the similarities between Team Fortress Classic and TF2... but the differences made me uneasy. After playing the beta for two hours, I vowed that I would never like it quite as much as TFC. However, it's since grown on me and I've decided to give it the magnificent honor of receiving a perfect 10 out of 10. From the outset Team Fortress 2 may seem like a pretty straightforward game with little to offer. There's 9 player classes which all offer a unique style of gameplay, but that's not what makes this game unique. Strategy plays a huge role in this game. It's called TEAM Fortress for a reason-- if your team works together, you will most assuredly succeed. I can proudly say that I am one of the die-hard TF fans (I was playing TFC up until the TF2 beta was released to the public) and Valve has not missed a beat. Expand
  86. Jun 24, 2011
    This game is absolutely amazing. The classes are all balanced to have perfect weaknesses and strengths. Teams must balance the types of players to be successful. However, you are not handicapped so much that your are incapable of fighting one class or another. Expect to spend hundreds of hours on this game
  87. Nov 6, 2011
    This is an epic game. Playing online against other people, with an array of outlandish characters is epic. There are so many things you can do, so many achievements to collect, pwnage to dish out and pwnage to receive. By far the bes FTP game on Steam. The graphics are also good, and the controls are not that hard to learn. Overall, a very addictive, all-rounded game.
  88. Dec 23, 2011
    Oh yea! This is most fun multiplayer game 4ever!
    You can forget hats, you can collected weapons.
    You can love hats and weapons
    You can hate it's all.
    But you must install this game.
  89. JYT
    Jan 6, 2012
    Really fun. Like a good cartoon or comic book. When the players understand they have to team up and organize according the to roles it's another level:

- demo & soldier to cover heavy and fireguy and clear the way from distance bfore moving in - sniper must cover engineers against spy
    -scout must sacrify or create diversions
    - etc..
  90. Apr 4, 2013
    Been playing since '08 and it's still a blast. While the community can be frustrating, there are thousands of servers out there and everyone can find their community. The complaints about balancing is a bit ridiculous; the game is very balanced. There are a very small number of items that I find unbalanced, (3 to be exact), but other than that it's a wonderful game with a genuine, colorfulBeen playing since '08 and it's still a blast. While the community can be frustrating, there are thousands of servers out there and everyone can find their community. The complaints about balancing is a bit ridiculous; the game is very balanced. There are a very small number of items that I find unbalanced, (3 to be exact), but other than that it's a wonderful game with a genuine, colorful artstyle. Expand
  91. Sep 17, 2012
    TF2 is an amazing game that has so much stuff in it! Trading, crafting, purchasing (Although I don't really do that). Possibly the best thing is stranges. They count your kills and level up and every person you kill shows what level like positively inhumane minigun. There are 9 classes, which I thought some would be OP and others terrible but they are all even. Heavy is susceptible to spysTF2 is an amazing game that has so much stuff in it! Trading, crafting, purchasing (Although I don't really do that). Possibly the best thing is stranges. They count your kills and level up and every person you kill shows what level like positively inhumane minigun. There are 9 classes, which I thought some would be OP and others terrible but they are all even. Heavy is susceptible to spys and snipers, but can own some other classes. It's free if you want but you can get premium if you want which allows better drops. Expand
  92. AlexS
    Aug 9, 2008
    This is an absolutely brilliant game. This game makes you feel good about getting owned. It is incredibly balanced, and fun to play; every class is deadly if used correctly. The graphics are amazingly well done, and are a nice change of pace from other games that strive for hyper-realism. I have nothing bad to say about this game.
  93. RyanD.
    Sep 5, 2008
    This is pretty much my favorite online game of all time. Team Fortress 2 is both fun to look at and fun to play. Game play has been improved greatly since Team Fortress Classic and there are regular updates including new weapons, maps, and achievements. Sadly, no Hunted map yet.
  94. MikeN.
    Dec 27, 2007
    Most of the
  95. TimS.
    Jan 24, 2008
    This game is amazing- at first I was a little worried when I heard about the "cartoon-like" graphics, but Valve pulled through and released something absolutely stunning. The graphics are beautiful, with the somewhat retro-themed layout complementing the cartoon-feel of the levels. The game play itself is positively wonderful- the classes are varied, each with special attributes, and This game is amazing- at first I was a little worried when I heard about the "cartoon-like" graphics, but Valve pulled through and released something absolutely stunning. The graphics are beautiful, with the somewhat retro-themed layout complementing the cartoon-feel of the levels. The game play itself is positively wonderful- the classes are varied, each with special attributes, and though I feel that the characters could have been balanced better, overall it was well done. I gave this game a 10/10 because I was a HL2:DM addict, and went cold turkey on that and picked TF2 up like a bad habit- and I've never looked back. I've played upwards of 24 hours on this game, and they have all been rewarding. Expand
  96. ZenS.
    Jan 8, 2008
    Team Fortress 2 does something different than most FPS. For one, instead of churning out a million maps and throwing a batch of identical players onto them, they crank out and finely polish 9 distinct and exciting classes and put them onto a small amount of maps. Team Fortress 2 follows the ever popular blue ocean strategy, and in doing so, redefines what is expected from you in terms of Team Fortress 2 does something different than most FPS. For one, instead of churning out a million maps and throwing a batch of identical players onto them, they crank out and finely polish 9 distinct and exciting classes and put them onto a small amount of maps. Team Fortress 2 follows the ever popular blue ocean strategy, and in doing so, redefines what is expected from you in terms of skills. The great players of this game are not twitch-reflex Counter-Strike junkies who can clip that tiny pixel of your head from across the map - they are those who learn the weapons, learn the maps, work together, and know how to adapt to new dynamic situations. For the most part, no two battles in this game are ever the same. Expand
  97. ChristofferL.
    Jan 9, 2008
    This game is just the best multiplayer game created by Valve. Poor TFC that this game is leeching the players from the older games, however, I heard that Valve would copy the mods and some maps so it is a TF with better design of everything and a two in its end. You better try it, its impossible to resist playing this game when you have get a finger in the game. All red coloured comments lies.
  98. ChrisE.
    Nov 8, 2007
    As an avid Counter-Strike player (since 1.4), I've only played TFC a few times. However, after picking up TF2, I havn't played CSS in days. Overall a great game, and even after the comical graphics buzz wears thin, the game still offers excellent gameplay and a great online experience.
  99. SimonM.
    Dec 29, 2007
    At first, being an old TF:C fan and having followed the development of TF2 intensely (for a while at least, until it started looking like vapor-ware), I was highly skeptic of the new, simplified style. At first play it did seem a bit of a let down, and the end result didn't seem to justify the length of development time, but many, many hours of play later and I've come to really At first, being an old TF:C fan and having followed the development of TF2 intensely (for a while at least, until it started looking like vapor-ware), I was highly skeptic of the new, simplified style. At first play it did seem a bit of a let down, and the end result didn't seem to justify the length of development time, but many, many hours of play later and I've come to really enjoy this game. The thing I love about it is, apart from all the changes, the gameplay is pretty much the same as the old one, just better. Sure there's no grenades anymore, but the focus now is much more on the guns, so instead of having big bombing battles you have big firefights, which are way more frantic, skillful and entertaining. The game might take a while to grow on you, but it's a very well thought out game, with a lot of depth, charm and most important, fun gameplay. Only reason why I don't give it 10 is some technical issues (running on a new PC) that hopefully get sorted out soon. Expand
  100. Patrick
    Dec 29, 2007
    I can't really compare this one to TFC because I haven't played that one(yet) so I don't know if this one really degraded from TFC. What I can tell you is that while this game is competitive it is not for super competitive people. The critical hit system makes weak shots turn into random kills so it's definitely not for tournament play. It is a casual competitive game I can't really compare this one to TFC because I haven't played that one(yet) so I don't know if this one really degraded from TFC. What I can tell you is that while this game is competitive it is not for super competitive people. The critical hit system makes weak shots turn into random kills so it's definitely not for tournament play. It is a casual competitive game where teamwork is much more important than in Counter Strike or other multiplayer games where one person can just headshot the other team into oblivion. The graphics are great even when running on minimum spec like I am and the classes have a wide variety so if you're a more defensive player you can be an engineer and set up a sentry and other mechanical devices that can help your team greatly like dispensers and teleporters. Or if you like to be sneaky you can be a spy who can turn invisible for a short period of time or disguise as an enemy(or a teammate). As a spy you can also sabotage the enemy engineers's machines with a leeching device, but be sure to take out the engineer too as he can beat the device off with his wrench. Those are just two of the radically different 9 classes. The only classes I have a problem with are the scout and the engineer. Of course the scout has his trademark bat which has been shown to bring enemies into submission in the trailer but it really isn't that easy. It could be 3-5 solid hits on a regular soldier to kill him. Also the sniper feels weak, especially with the charging system which basically makes it so that to get a full powered shot you must be in scope for 4-5 seconds before firing. Also the sniper's smg is almost useless against anyone that isn't a spy or a scout. The last flaw is the lack of maps/environments.But besides those flaws this game is wonderful with it's stylized graphics and the different classes. Expand
  101. Apr 20, 2013
    Review Team Fortress 2. An awesome team-based First Person Shooter with an interesting art style which is uniuqe to other games. TF2 has 9 balanced classes with many different weapons and gameplay. Each class has their job to do to contribute to their team to reach their objective. Which could be capturing the point or capturing the enemy's intel. Each class has their own way to helpingReview Team Fortress 2. An awesome team-based First Person Shooter with an interesting art style which is uniuqe to other games. TF2 has 9 balanced classes with many different weapons and gameplay. Each class has their job to do to contribute to their team to reach their objective. Which could be capturing the point or capturing the enemy's intel. Each class has their own way to helping their team may it be building defenses or keeping team mates alive or disrupting the enemy team. They all have thier advantages and disadvantages, no class is overpowerd or even considered "god like". The 9 classes all have different personalities, looks and nationalities. Other games you'll just play as a souless generic soldier, mercenary that just say "Capture the point!" or "Ugh". Where as TF2 you'll play as CHARACTERS with different personalties. The scout may say "BONK!" or the heavy may say "Entire team is babies!". Also Recieves updates weekly with mini updates and then huge updates which occur around in 4 months. TF2 has a large and friendly community, adding mods, items, maps, etc.
    Hats
    well I don't see in anyway that adding hats has made the game worse. Though it may be added to make Valve have cash so what? Other companies such as EA and Activision do differenet maybe similar marketing strategies. MMOs such as Maplestory and others make money via cosmetics. Besides you DON'T have to pay at all. No one forces you to pay for a hat. Valve may persuade you as Premium as you get more backpack slots. BUT Valve still does not force you to! It's not as if Valve will delete your account if you don't pay under 1 week if you're a free-to-pay. It's your choice and my choice whether you or I want to add money for hats. You and I could play Team Fortress 2 completely free paying $0.00 forever. But I decided to pay since I just felt like paying Valve for such a great game. You could think that each transaction for a hat is instead of paying Valve for a virtual hat instead for giving valve free money for a great game and getting a thank you in a shape of a cosmetic item.
    Now about Team Fortress going free-to-pay
    I don't see what's wrong with it, I mean isn't stuff thats free usually good? It might of brought alot of new players but whats wrong with that? Whats wrong with playing unexperienced players that want to try something new? Everyone used to be bad at a certain game and the only way to get good is to keep on playing. I mean the Team Fortress 2 community is still strong and healthy for 6 years! Thanks to the free-to-play update the community is bigger than ever! What if there was free-to-play. There wouldn't be as much players as there are if it wasn't f2p and TF2 would of slowly died. TF2's community is built up of 5-12 year olds after the f2p update? That ain't true and if it was so what? Sure they may be annoying but eh deal with it. Call of Duty and Battlefield also has the same problem. Players are bad? Everyone starts off bad. I myself started off free-to-play and was bad. Now that I have played the game for some time, I wouldn't consider myself bad or horrible, just in the higher middle (6/10). Everyone just gets better by playing the game and it can't hurt to have more players.
    Now about the "Unbalanced Weapons and Classes"
    Let's see. That laser weapon people keep complaining? The Cow-Mangler 5000? It's a pretty underwhelming weapon now that it's received it's nerf sometime ago. Even so in it's un-nerfed state you're not a god at all. Sure you may be able to kill a couple people but there is always a way to be killed. Such as a Pyro reflecting the projectiles, Heavy Medic couple, Team Work? TF2 certainly is not pay to win as anyone can craft the weapon or find it. The new weapons may seem overpowerd but there is always a way to beat it and if it's really ridiculous it'll prob receive a nerf pretty soon. Laser weapons not following the 60's art style? Yeah it is it's what you call retro futuristic, look it up. No class is overpowerd.. It may seem so at times but thats just the player being really good as they may be playing competitive. Spy is overpowered? He could insta-kill you and you're team mates but thats up to your team. The point of the game is to work together as a team and if you do the spy probably could die before he could go on killing spree. The unlockables sometimes are, somtimes aren't direct updates to the defaults. Sometimes the best weapons are the defaults.There may be some weapons better than the default or others but still theres always a way to beat the person wielding the "god gun."
    I am going on a HUGE rant but that is all I see people giving such a great game a low score. People may say this game is repetitive but I find Call of Duty and others far more reptitive. Call of Duty, Battlefield, Halo are all great FPS in their own way but I always find my way back to playing TF2. In the end TF2 is my favourite FPS out of many others since it is creative, unique and overall FUN.

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.