9.2

1. Apr 9, 2012
    I love this game, personally. It's so much more different from the mainstream stuff such as CoD and Battlefield. And yes, the classes are quite balanced. Each class has its own specific strengths, weaknesses, and counters by other classes. The hats are a nice addition to the game, and if you don't like the idea of hat collecting, nobody is making you pay for anything. It's got wonderful replay value and best of all, you can play it for free. I seriously recommend this game to anyone. You'll lose nothing from giving it a try. Expand
  2. Apr 28, 2012
    This game is great and it's available for free on steam (steam.com). The various types of games keep things interesting and the alternative gameplays like prophunt (hide and seek) are a nice change to the shooting.
  3. Apr 18, 2012
    This game is very fun, and long lasting. Even now they are still currently adding weapons, and now with the Steam Workshop available, those with great ideas and modeling skills can submit their items and it will get published! However people will think if you don't have any hats, you wont really be considered "cool" if you might say. Ignore this. Just play the game and have fun. Once you get skilled, you'll have hats, and if you don't, people will not make fun of you for being a F2P. Expand
  4. Nov 2, 2013
    The best Free-to-Play game on the market today. Perfectly balanced, amazing gameplay, great cartoon-y style and an amazing community that provides unique ways to play the game. Definitely pick this up, no question.
  5. Apr 22, 2012
    Fun game+tons of HATS !
    Must...have...HATS !
    Seriously it's free now, you couldn't just be more lucky, or if you want to become a premium user just buy something from the mann.co store.
  6. Apr 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best game I've ever played, it's absolutely worth every penny down to the detail and fun that the game actually is, it's great, and It deserves respect for the time it took to make, the though about lots of things before releasing it to make it more fun (if you list to the commentary node) It's a wonderful game for veterans, news anyone, everyone can enjoy it if you like FPS with a cartoonish style. Expand
  7. May 4, 2012
    I really enjoy this game. But what gets under my skin is the community. What they lack fro common sense they blame Valve and what I mean by common sense is NOT BUYING STUFF FROM THE STORE OR DELETING ITEMS THAT THEY DON'T WANT!. Apparently the community has forgotten that there is a delete feature in this game along with the crafting feature. I got an email from Jeff Bennet who said that the stamps you buy go towards the creators of the maps and the ring from Valentine's day went towards someone's actual proposal. Valve does NOT take the profits! They go towards the community! So if you think Valve is greedy then think again! They care very much for their costumers, but it's sad that the community can't return the favor. Expand
  8. May 6, 2012
    Flawless hat simulator! You start off as a poor irish unfortunate with nothing but the will to build the biggest tower of hats any gentlemanne of leisure has ever gased upon. From ghastly gibus to burning team captain team hatress 2 promises a rolercoaster ride of emotion, backstabs and hats.
    Download today!
  9. May 8, 2012
    This is one of the most fun games you can play on your PC in a long time. You can't beat the price (free!) and the gameplay is top notch. The cartoonish graphics age well and easily keep it looking fresh. Download it now!
  10. May 10, 2012
    The Classes in this game are excellently balanced. -Medic -Scout -Soldier -Demoman -Spy -Engineer -Pyro -Heavy Best Multiplayer game. This game is not about individuals kicking ass but an individual kicking ass helps. You NEED a team that functions properly to succeed. You need a medic giving heals, you need an engineer defending your base and you need Heavies/Soldiers/Demomen/Scouts attacking. The game is regularly updated with patches and is FREE. It's also not Pay to Win, It's Pay for Hats. Expand
  11. Sep 2, 2012
    Team Fortress 2 is the greatest multiplayer game ever made. It isn't easy for me to make a statement like that, but it is true. With 1,085.9 hours clocked in since October of 2007, I have played more of TF2 than any other game I've played at least 4 times over, and I don't see any end in sight. Valve has done a fantastic job constantly updating the game, and still stand as the only Free to Play game done right. I've never bought a single item in the game and yet I'm swimming in hats and weapons. The recent introduction of Mann Vs. Machine, a co-op gamemode, was pretty much a stroke of genius on Valve's part. Despite a few balancing issues, It fits so seamlessly into the game, it almost feels like Valve had intended it from the beginning. Each class has their own distinctive role and style of play,. That fact along with custom maps add the possibility of sinking hundreds of hours into this gamemode alone. If TF2 had a price tag, it would be known as the gaming bargain of a lifetime. Without a price tag, it is the most foolish mistake any FPS fan could make to pass on. I can't see how anybody could pick up TF2 and not have at least a bit of fun. There is no other game quite like it. I can't see myself getting my multiplayer fix from any other game in a long, long time. Expand
  12. May 15, 2012
    TF2 is very addictive, different then other all fps games, custom weapons, hats ,misc items,classes, maps,mods everything you need in this game and this game have very high skilllevel.(maybe some classes dont have much)

It is the best game i have played in my entire life.
  13. Jun 27, 2012
    It might not be for people who like realistic games, but I reccomend it to anyone who enjoys fast paced, and quick gun combat.. Constant updates keep fans engaged. Get 3 friends and get to building a better way to play this game.
  14. May 19, 2012
    Absolutely fantastic. A gloriously fun and hilarious game. The gameplay for actually playing the game is wonderful. Definitely the best free game I have ever played.
  15. May 30, 2012
    Love this game and everything about it. Been playing for about 6 months now and every moment is enjoyable. If you love FPS gaming with teamwork, this is the game for you.
  16. May 31, 2012
    No matter if you are old school and liked it vanilla, no matter if you instead like how it is now with its renewed checks and balances, no matter if you think hats are a good thing or a bad thing, optional or not, this game is probably the closer thing to perfection you'll ever get. If you don't think so, think again. If it IS not so, they are trying hard every time to improve it, maintaining that indie game spirit in contact with its community even after Valve became a colossus of a game industry. Everytime you complain about balance, even if in your head you apparently came up with what sounds to you like a good point, think of yourself in third person and verify if that is not if you are losing. If you are still not convinced, still think of any possible similar (which is already hard) FPS and realize that the balance is still the best there is. Who complains about these things is only right in a very small percentage of cases, in which Valve has shown to be willing to fix weapons that had been out for a lot of time already (es.: Sandvich). The only negative point I'll state is the Mannconomy. Not because users are sharks, that's their fault and not the game's, but mostly because it makes you think it's optional but uses the usual korean-mmorpg-like mindgames to almost make it non optional, cutting you a bit out of the game if you are not part of the market, not to mention the idea of crates which is pure money-sucking (buying for lottery tickets). Still, if these usually **** ideas are put there to fund such a great game, this complaint might as well be ignored. Expand
  17. Jun 8, 2012
    First of all I must say this: Everybody who say "I bought this game for 50$ and now is F2P!" is an idiot, because whole orange box was for 50$, not only TF2 alone. I bought orange box in discount for around 10â
  18. Jul 2, 2012
    This game is one of my favorites, and by far one of the most amazing first person shooters of all time. Im never bored and spend way too much time playing, it's also insanely addictive. If I get tired of one character theres 8 more behind him, and each character is fun and serves credit to the team. In a red vs blue battle you play as the: heavy with big weapons, scout who's fast, a medic who heals, a engineer who builds machines, a demo man, sniper, spy who can disguise as players on the other team, a pyro with a flamethrower, and a soldier with a rocket launcher. Theres no campaign, and as of right now there is 8 different game modes. This game rocks, and you can't pass it up. Expand
  19. Jun 9, 2012
    This game is FREE and you totally have to play it. VERY HUGE variety of weapons, Superbly detailed and this game cannot be missed! To all those people that think the game is bad, IGNORE that!
  20. Jun 21, 2012
    When it comes to the average first person shooter, Team Fortress 2 is really unique. It isn't like most first person shooters where you just pump your enemies full of lead. It has a lot more content and mechanics involved, in addition to having many gamemodes. The classes are all different and for the most part balanced. You can choose a swift class, the Scout, to complete objectives such as capturing the flag or capturing a point. You can choose a slow but tough class, such as the Heavy, to mow down enemies and defend points. You can choose a stealthy, low profile class, such as the Spy, and silently infiltrate the enemy's ranks. So many different possibilities with this game! To make it even better, it's free. Most weapons and items can be found in-game just by playing. It makes you want to buy items, though, because of how great the game is. I definitely recommend this as a fun game or as a change from the normal first person shooters. Expand
  21. Jul 2, 2012
    This game is Perfect, And it gets better every time valve update it. Graphics-10/10 Gameplay-11/10 Re-playability-100/10 It was the best game in 2007 and it still is now! Continuous updates, huge community, huge eco-system and now it's FREE! Just a note to some reviewers here, giving the game a low score because you want a refund because it's free now is a lame excuse, I've put about £70 in total into this game since I bought it in 2007 and i never want a single penny to be refunded as this game was worth every penny.

If i could i'd give it 1000000/10, but sadly metacritic only lets me go to 10 :')
  22. Jan 2, 2013
    Some people think of TF2 as that game where people "hold down mouse one and go one a massacre". That's just Call of Duty in a nutshell. This game is a lot more complex than Call of Duty. It requires skill and teamwork. You most likely won't win a match with a majority of your team playing the same class. Each class assists each other in one way or another. Heavy throws down his Sandvich to replenish one of his teammates health, while Sniper extinguishes flames with his Jarate (helps see those spies too.)-- the Scout having the same job if the user has mad milk equipped. This game comes in with an innocent expression on its face and some hats, and you learn the basics and then get into the advanced stuff. This game keeps itself hilarious, while having balanced and extremely addictive and fun gameplay. This is also free-to-play. I'd like you to download this game on Steam. Do not... I repeat... DO NOT Get The Orange Box for Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. Those include this game, but with stock/default loadouts and no extra content whatsoever. The best version for every Valve game, by far, is on PC. Expand
  23. Jan 16, 2014
    One of the best online multiplayer shooters ever made. It's the very definition of how a game should be balanced. Even though I have over 250 games in my Steam library and plenty of online shooters to choose from, I always find myself coming back and playing a few rounds on my favorite servers.
  24. Jul 8, 2012
    It took a lot of time to download this game but it was definitely worth the wait. It's a great multiplayer experiece. There are nine different characters to choose from with their own abilities and weapons. It is important that you and your team works together, a fully functional team consist of all the characters. Through the game you obtain random items such as weapons and hats to equip your characters, you can also craft your own weapons by using weapons you have. The game is fun and it is impossible not to enjoy it. There are different kind of modes to play with your friends where teamwork means everything. The characters are all unique and funny. Expand
  25. Jul 14, 2012
    Its the perfect semi-casual shooter that you can play every day or once a month and still get great enjoyment out of it. For everything that this game offers for FREE, it is hard to beat. One of my all time favorites.
  26. Jul 21, 2012
    This game is amazing. I don't know how to put it in any other way. It's also free, so there's no risk trying it out. Sure, one may argue that hats have ruined TF2, but I think that hats aren't enough to ruin something as big as this. If you don't like hats, don't wear them. As for everyone else, get this game.
  27. Jul 22, 2012
    This game is amazing! I've played this for months now and it's still not boring. The humour, the cartoon-ish look... everything! I recommend this game.
  28. Apr 13, 2014
    Single handedly the best game I've ever played in my life. This is the most balanced game ever created (yes including chess). Famous for being one of the first games that provided endless non stop free updates to keep the game fresh and interesting. To this day the community is as strong as ever and this game continues to inspire gamers and developers alike and give them something amazing to strive towards.
    To say I got my "bang for my buck" would be a grievously colossal understatement. No game in history as ever been so good that it helped sell other games by offering items to redeem in that very same game. As such I think it's important to give proper respect to a game that essentially inspired gamers to try more and different games in the process. Hand's down, in solemn solute and prayers, this game is in a league of its own. I only regret that I could not give this game a score higher than 10.
  29. Aug 21, 2012
    I absolutely love this game, it brought action together with comedy very well, being addicted to the game at one point I foolishly spent £40 in their Mann.Co store for extra items, however trading these items over a long period of time has allowed me to get £120 worth of games through steam trading.
  30. May 17, 2013
    Do I even need to say anything about this excellent first-person shooter? Vibrant characters, actual balance, and hats, all for free. Download this now. 10/10 Mushie Lands.
  31. Aug 16, 2012
    with endless amount of replay value, cartoonishly vibrant '60s themed outfits and map development, hilarious character classes that are all unique and finely balanced on scale, loads of new updates to improve the game, and now that the game is FREE, for life, makes this game even more worthwhile to play. There are plenty maps to choose from, plenty of game modes to play on, so many options to choose from a always free game, Team Fortress 2 defines how a FPS shooter can be loads of fun as well as entertaining. Expand
  32. Sep 20, 2012
    Those who say there is no depth of play are either plain stupid or made that comment to early. When the game was released back in 2007, I would give it a 9/10, but now after all these improvements this is definitively a 10/10 - Valve did a great job on this game making it fun for the regular player and tactical, skill-based and team-dependant for the enthusiast gamer. One of the best competitive game so far and one of the best fictional game worlds ever created. And of course - HATS. Expand
  33. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is free. This game is fantastic. One of the most balanced FPS's ever, it gives each class a specific use, and none are useless. There are so many gamemodes to play and items to collect and use, it's amazing. Plus, all you have to do to become premium and unlock trading and a larger backpack is buy one item from the store. Like, one 30p item. The microtransactions are very justified as it is a free game. Quite possibly the best online shooter ever made. Oh, and hats. Expand
  34. Oct 12, 2012
    I bought this game in the Orange Box a long time ago, but kind of forgot it. I'm glad I recently decided to give it a shot. This game is the real thing. Nice graphics and gameplay, well-balanced classes, lots of cool items and weapons, a very strong community. Fantastic!
  35. Aug 31, 2012
    Just amazing! I just keep playing and exacly when I get bored, BAM a new spectacular update If it keeps that way, I think this is one of those games ill just keep playing forever The best of it... ITS ORIGINAL Have you seen a GOOD humoristic shooter? NO! What I like about this shooter is that its not your everyday regular shooter, that you get bored when you finish a campain or gain levels
    Nope! tf2 has no campain, Levels are Hats and you never get bored
  36. Sep 19, 2012
    This game has so many qualities but the main one that stands out about TF2 is it is the most successful example of combining multiple, completely different gaming styles into one game.
  37. Sep 24, 2012
    This game is totally awesome. I am not really a huge fan of multiplayer games, but this, this is different. I have never played a game like this before. Truly worth looking at. And the best part is, it's FREE on steam, which is also FREE. If i don't seem to encourage you, go youtube meet the scout, or meet the pyro, or whatever, JUST GET IT. PERIOD.
  38. Jan 5, 2013
    The perfect game, everything from the music to gameplay is pretty much 99.9% perfected.

Optimization of graphics - This isn't a **** console port, and you know valve.. they make games run well on all platforms. My $110 graphics card can max this game easily at 60+ FPS 1920x1080 resolution and the graphics are pretty good.

Valve is not money grubbing, sure, they have microtransactions
    but it's not in your face or obnoxious. They do it in humurous ways that make you chuckle, and leave it as an option. They're only hats, after all. It's free to play now, they need a source of income and they're doing it right. I'd buy a hat if I had lots of money just to donate to valve for being awesome.

The characters all have their own personality and guns. There's a medic, an engineer, a sniper, etc. This game does everything right that others do wrong because it's not made by a money sucking piece of **** corporation like Treyarch or Activision. Call of Duty and all the other badly optimized console ports out there are what sets gaming back.
  39. Nov 1, 2013
    I'm not a huge fan of first person shooters, but this game is awesome. It still stands up to most games today (Nov, 2013). It's hysterical yet very in-depth, relying heavily of a well balanced team made up of 7+ different classes.

This game will be remembered as a classic, but luckily it still has some good years ahead of it.
  40. Nov 5, 2012
    Team Fortress 2 is a load of fun to play. The cartoony feel and personas given to each class really adds to the feel of the game. The classes are for the most part balanced, each class having their specific strengths and weaknesses. Although that being said many classes seem to be far more useful most of the time. Another downside to this unique combat system is the learning curve, many skills obtained from playing generic FPS games do not transition well, which may frustrate new players. This however, is counterbalanced by the overall casual environment created by the game. I mean how seriously can you take a game who's economy is based around hats? Expand
  41. Nov 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Team Fortress 2 is one of the excited games I know! It`s a co-op multiplayer game too play on different types. I mean that Team Fortress 2 is a very funny game and a premium is that you can get more than 400 awards on Steam. Like! Expand
  42. Nov 15, 2012
    the best game you can buy for free. some may say that it's turned into a hat simulator but if you don't focus on that you will have the most fun fps experience in your life. no really go and download steam and get it. you won't be disappointed
  43. Nov 29, 2012
    This game is fun, no doubt about it. I like the way that there are many different classes (9 to be exact) which has different equipment, requiring different strategies and techniques to excel in the game, giving players a chance to experience different methods to play the game. Although many people are troubled that its not the same as COD or Halo, but who cares? Not every game must have the same gaming system.

Whats more interesting? I like all the events and different accessories you can put on your team, which most games do not establish this. The trading system gets so popular now and its perhaps one of the few main things that TF2 differs from other popular games. TF2 is free, exciting, and really fun to play. Overall, the Multi-player and Co-op games are good, making the game feel enjoyable despite the fact that you may be doing the same thing over and over again. TF2 has also a wide variety of games, instead of just Capture the Flag, Base Defending, etc.

This game, my advice, is a MUST to play.
  44. Nov 19, 2012
    I am playing this game since December 2008 and all I have to say is: go play it. This is the best (now free to play!) game since Quake 3 Arena. Give it a go!
  45. Nov 22, 2012
    This game is an ABSOLUTE must have. I have owned it since it's release, and it's quite a hoot. Dieing is not too punishing, and teamwork is a must in this game. It's very relaxed, and very rarely do people get mad playing it. The graphics are fun, not attempting to be extraordinary. The one and only thing I can find wrong with this game is the Mann Co store. It has gotten quite out of hand, leaving players scrambling to find hats that provide no value to the game. Besides this, it is constantly being updated and nurtured. Many new game modes have arrived since release and the game is constantly being modified by the community, making the game highly re-playable. Expand
  46. Dec 22, 2012
    With over 250 hours of this to date since June 2012, this game became my go-to game for fun. Even though i must say that having premium is good, I loved it even before i bought items, having 200 of the 250 hours being played free. A terrific game with massive flexibility, it delivers on every level, from being challenging to play, to (unlike a lot of free-to-play games) excluding a pay-to-win aspect, as while some weapons may make you more powerful, the drop rates ensure that you will get the items you need to be on level ground with others, and all the weapons are balanced in such a way that makes it even more fair. This game never fails to deliver, no matter what I am looking for, from the default game modes to the community made game modes, there is always something new to try, and fun to have. I would pay good money for this game. The free-to-play aspect is just a bonus. Expand
  47. Nov 25, 2012
    Simply put. The best online multyplayer shooter ever created. The box says it all: "the most fun you can have online". (*valve delivers*). The simple fact that they are still giving it major updates even five years after release, tells you all you need to know...
  48. Dec 4, 2012
    this is really good game for all people who love fps games. and VALVE should keep updating to make the game more exciting. and please don't make a Team Fortress 3
  49. Dec 30, 2012
    I guess writing my review for Team Fortress 2 is redundant. Is a great game and others before me have said it ad infinitum. But I feel an urge to express my opinions and this is it.
    Team Fortress is like a diamond which came out of mud, from the depths of the FPS world came a balanced, deep and funny game, a game which is the denial of every skill based game filled with leet players
    calling you noob, like COD or CS.
    It's like a cooperative chess, in the sense that no class is perfect in itself, always having disadvantages, depending on others and needing to fulfill a specific role in the team. Add to this a great visual design resembling the 70's and 60's- believe me, I work as a graphic designer- great typhography, great conceptual design, a whole culture, context and world behind the characters, a long learning curve... And you have endless hours of fun. The community of Team Fortress is alive and very participative in creating content.
    The only problem is that Team Fortress is haunted by it's FPS context and past, so when you enter a game and see that your team is made of 4 snipers and 3 spies, you know you are doomed, and you can image a 15 years old kid, thinking the games is all about aiming, being sneaky, or being the "best player", while your team is being raped over and over again. I sincerely propose that Valve one day cap the numbers of certain classes in teams or that classes are assigned randomly to players.
  50. Jan 5, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is the perfect combination of humor, intensity, and war. It has different scenarios to play for different people's game taste such as King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, Attack/Defense, and more. There are also a combination of different people to play which gives the game more variety. This is a very fun game and its free!
  51. Aug 24, 2013
    I would give it a 10, but there are a small amount of problems. Things like the over-priced Mann. Co store, but you can always trade with other players. There's a huge amount of fun to be had, if you look carefully. With heaps of servers, people, and Valve constantly adding new things, there will always be something new to discover, and each time you start up the game will never be the same.
  52. Feb 23, 2013
    Good:Many classes,many weps,many maps,many game play modes and is an apsolute enjoyment to play.
    Bad:Some items at the Mann.co shop are way more expensive then they should be.
  53. Jan 8, 2013
    Incredible in every way. That, topped off with the fact that you can download it absolutely free, makes this a no-brainer to buy. If you don't already own this, download it, for free, from Steam now.
  54. Jan 20, 2013
    I think this game is excellent! You may never get bored! 9 classes to choose from! Each with an advantage and a disadvantage. Play as scout and use speed for offense! Be a soldier and blow people up from a distance! Be a Pyro and burn things! Be a Demo man to become a Demo-noob and use explosives and sticky bombs for surprise attacks or just for exploding! Be a heavy where power to the close range is your thing! Kill people fast while being a heavy tank! Be an engineer and build things, like a sentry, a very powerful guard! Be a Medic and heal people, uber charge them for best performances when ready! Be a sniper and, well its self explanatory. Finally, be a spy and confuse enemies by making you one of them as a trick! Capture flags, Control the King of the Hill, Push payloads, deliver the thingy into a rocket, fight to the death, and capture control points is what you can do! Fight with robots if that's more of your cup of tea. Took off a point because there are a lot of noobs, especially demo-noobs. I like this game, but it CAN get laggy. Expand
  55. Jan 21, 2013
    hatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshats
  56. Jan 24, 2013
    The game is very cool. Many options, many weapons. The store system is cool, since you can just buy things in the store and use promptly or play the game and earn the stuff after a few hours of game play. I don't believe it is better than QCTF, but definitely a great game (I just miss grenades so much). I think the worse part of the game is a couple of stupid players in a few servers.
  57. Jan 25, 2013
    I've been playing this game on and off since it went live, and I always come back to it. I don't think there's a single MMO/FPS out there which I've been playing for so many years without getting bored. Regardless of what bads say, this game does require skill, and skill does count. You will always notice certain people with much higher k/d ratios than others - repeatedly suiciding for 1 kill doesn't pay off. The addition of more weapons has been a benefit IMO, there are counters for everything, and if you do communicate with your fellow players, you can counter anything.

Even after all this time, the graphical style still pleases me. The graphics simply haven't dated. The characters are fantastic, and the most commonly used maps are sublime.

I have to say that I love this game and I'd pretty much rate it up there with the best games of all time.
  58. Jan 30, 2013
    very good game. play it for hours on end :) give it two thumbs up! very good graphics, and gaming sounds. just need a few new weapons each month and it will be set to go!
  59. Feb 28, 2013
    Awesome Free2Play Multiplayer Shooter!
  60. Feb 1, 2013
    Honestly, I made a Metacritic account just so I could review this amazing game. I have been playing this game for about 2 years now, and I've gotta say, this game "iz da bomb." Amazing cel shaded art style, nine completely balanced classes with their own unique personality and race (I MEAN, YOU HAVE A BLACK SCOTTISH CYCLOPS AS A CHARACTER), amazing map design, balanced weapons, HATS!, an entertaining storyline in the form of comic books, the ability to survive more then 3 gun shots (I'm looking at you, CoD!) who wouldn't want to play a game like this? Despite the major complaints of "ooh, no mini-map"and "ooh, the graphics aren't realistic" this is the best fps ever. This isn't an opinion. THIS IS A FACT. This is the most wonderful, amazing, fantastic fps out there. I highly recommend that you try this game, and when you do, I humbly promise that you will not regret it. Expand
  61. Feb 9, 2013
    All that is needed to describe this game is three words: Addicting, fun, and intelligent. You will spend countless of hours playing this game and you will never reach the depth of fully understanding and mastering it. Most of all, this game is accessible to anyone who can run it on their computer. That's what makes this game so amazing. Defiantly in the run for Greatest Multipalyer Game of All Time. Expand
  62. Jan 11, 2014
    9/10 Amazing Team Fortress 2 is essentially a fun, free game without any major elements that grants it a "Pay To Win" title. In this game, you'll unlock items normally through achievement progressions and whatnot. Cosmetics: Plays a part in character customization, where hats and clothing can be purchased with real-life money in the in-game shop. Most weapons are really balanced from my experience, every single different one has advantage(s) and disadvantage(s) (except the basic ones). The only other way to unlock weapons faster outside of completing the achievements is by purchasing it in the in-game shop.

Game modes: Good variety of them.

Each classes are equally thought out and balanced. With roles completely different from the other.

Graphics aren't really great, but i'll give them some slack since they're using the Source engine and obviously because it is a 2008 title... OT: Source engine's hit detection is GREAT
  63. May 16, 2013
    Valve: you either hate their games, or you love them. From Portal to Half Life to Left 4 Dead, we all know someone (if not ourselves) who is addicted to every single Valve game. Team Fortress 2 is one of those addicting games you either hate or love, but in my case? I love it. It's a straight forward shooter with nine classes (Sniper, Medic, Heavy, Scout, Engineer, Pyro, Demoman, Soldier and the Spy), with weapons and small apparel to be found while playing, about 300 Achievements to unlock, plenty of official gamemodes and servers, funny, competetive, Everything you need in a clever yet simply shooter. Expand
  64. Mar 11, 2013
    This game can run on a surprisingly large range of computer types, making it very accessable. As a result, there are many servers to run on, and this game is addicting. The humor style is great, the fanbase/community is great, and the entire game is just a joy to play no matter how much you suck at it.
  65. May 11, 2013
    Perfect for casual gamers who like FPS: me, of course. Weapons are balanced (except for Pomson and Righteous Bison), and the HUD is simple, yet informative. Using the minimal HUD definitely changes your experience. The economy is a little skewed (I think a few items should be worth more/less, and as of this writing, a regular key is 5.11 ref and counting, which is ruining the economy), but the recent SteamPipe conversion drastically changed loading times. The conversion itself and the download for it is rather large, but it's worth it. Load times are shrunk to insignificant seconds, and the game itself runs much faster than before, even with my crappy Internet connection. This is by far the most addictive FPS I have ever played. Expand
  66. Mar 11, 2013
    Best F2P game ever! Firstly, you don't have to buy items -with real money- this game needs a teamwork. :D *MEDIIIIIIIIC*
    Classes are fair. You can spend a lot time in it.
  67. Jun 3, 2013
    the funniest game i ever played online... from the artistic point of view is awesome, and the gameplay is perfect... i cant' think of any way this game can be better than how it is... now that it bacema a free to play game i see no reason for not playing it!
  68. Apr 30, 2013
    You should buy this game. Now. For free.

Why are you still here? GET TO STEAM AND DOWNLOAD IT. NOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

You're probably wondering: Why?

Because hats and friends and explosions.
  69. Jul 20, 2013
    Only a few words to describe:

Awesome
    Fantastic
    Funny

There are many Servers you can play on.This game has a big source of Game Modes.
    A good Community.
  70. May 11, 2013
    What can i say that hasn't been said? Its one of the best FPS's of all time. The few complaints with it i have are mainly server problems that still continue to keep me from playing this game sometimes, and Spies. I hate Spies. And yet i cant get mad because spies are difficult to play, and if you got good with them congrats cause i suck at playing spy.
  71. Mar 25, 2013
    By far my favorite game of all time. Every new drop/unlock makes the game that much more enjoyable. All 9 classes are so amazingly balanced that you never feel like your at a disadvantage. The creative game modes like Payload and Attack and Defend on equally creative maps keep the game fresh. It is clearly the king of the FPS, with literally nothing I can think of wrong with it.
  72. Sep 1, 2013
    One of the best shooters I've ever played and its F2P and not like most F2P games ad supported or pay 2 win you can get all the weapons,hats and everything for free through deals promotions and crafting and the basic weapons still work just fine and the visual style is funny and entertaining
  73. Mar 24, 2013
    This game sets the bar for what a multiplayer shooter should be done like. In this game there are 9 classes that fit different peoples play style if you get bored of one class switch to a different one. the tutorial is ok but it does not tell everything you need to know about the game and the practice mode with A.I enemy's is stupid because the bot A.I is just bad but if you get past the learning curve then this game is shooter heaven you must work as a team to win and the modes are alot different then your standard TDM and FFA and the graphics are cartoony which makes this game never look outdated and the characters all have personality and color and there is a separate co-op mode that makes the A.I robot versions of the characters non stupid it has its flaws but the flaws only last for the start and if you get past it you will not stop playing, Expand
  74. Jan 23, 2014
    This game is a lot of fun all the different kind of classes and weapons makes for a really fun game the only reason I can't give it a ten is because the lack of maps.
  75. Apr 13, 2014
    I'm not sure what it is about Team Fortress 2 that makes it so great. At first glance, it's very generic to comparison of most online shooters, but there is something that makes Team Fortress 2 unique stand out, perhaps it's the effort developers obviously put into it, perhaps it's the funny side remarks, whatever it is, Team Fortress 2 is a one-of-a-kind game.
  76. Oct 19, 2013
    I got this game as free-to-play. It kept me busy for some years. Nowadays I hate it. Premium players with Unusual hats and Strange weapons made me cry in anger. I was unable to buy anything. However this doesn't mean I'm saying it's bad. No. This game is superb and slick. I love graphics, sound and sense of humour. For those who like to play shooting games this is just necessary. I know I may sound like hypocrite, but I just can't (and don't want to) pay real money for cosmetic features but without them I feel powerless around premiums stuffed with hats. I will no longer play tf2, cause I know there will be nothing like "hat drops for free-to-play gamers" until end of the world. Still, to praise this game "as it is" and not annoy fans I will give it 10. It deserves it, despite my opinion. Expand
  77. Nov 9, 2013
    This game is pure awesomeness and a must play. On my opinion this is the far best FPS I ever EVER played. Oh and how about Hat Fortress? Trading with hats all the day!
  78. Sep 29, 2013
    For a game released in 2007, TF2 is still great in many aspects. The cartoon-like graphical style still makes it look good even for now, and the constant updating of the game allows for the re-playable factor to remain for the 6 years since it's release. The whole surreal '70's action film' aspect of the classes is funny yet somewhat satirical, with the invisibility of the Spy, the double jump of the Scout, and the ability to explode yourself in different directions with the Soldier and Demoman. Yes the micro-transactions may have caused the game to lose its way a little, but you could say the same about Dota 2. Either way, not playing TF2 now it is F2P is cardinal sin in my eyes, so go and play it if you've never had the chance. Expand
  79. Oct 6, 2013
    I was offered TF2 by a friend back in 2009, and I totally fell in love with it; the graphics, the gameplay, the classes: everything was just perfect. We're now in 2013 and I'm still playing, this game is the most balanced and fun one I've ever played, definitely one of the best Online FPS around, everyone should try it. A personal favourite.
  80. Oct 8, 2013
    The easiest game to give a perfect 10 to. ever. Constant updates will constantly pull you back into this fantastic game that just keeps on giving. My favourite game by a mile.
  81. Oct 14, 2013
    his game is one of the most unique games I have ever played.

With constant updates this game becomes a different game then from most of the first-person shooters you see today. Instead of spray and pray we see this game requires more skill and aim, you rely on you're team to win, you can't just disapear, kill a few things and win like we see in COD instead the only way to win is with
    sold team work.

The mann-co economy update introduces hats which lets you customize you're character, the ability to trade in this game makes it really fun and gives it even more of a replay value.

This game is now FREE and I don't see any reason to why not download it and give it a try for yourself.

If you have a solid, good PC then this game is a MUST get.
  82. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is incredible. Combining laid back design with fiercely competitive game modes this little gem is the perfect FPS.
    It features a selection of classes, each with an immense arsenal of weaponry, creating a cluster of effective playstyles, limited only by the players imagination. With complex mechanics such as the Sandman-Cleaver combo you can constantly be evolving your pack of
    skills whilst the game also includes newbie friendly classes with more easy to grasp objectives.
    The massive range of play styles will constantly keep the player entertained from amateur pub level to platinum standard competitive play.
    The icing on the cake comes when anyone can pick it up for free. This really is a game you have absolutely no excuse to ignore.
  83. Nov 23, 2013
    Tf2 one of the best games i'll ever play in my life so addicting so entertaining, people say the game got ruined because of the weapons and the store well that's not true unlike many games tf2 is not a pay to win game and people often get confused the new weapon they find is isn't better than their old one no it isn't and in most cases the default weapon i much better since the others have ups and downs but it actually depends on your style and what situation you are in and there are many ways to find these items, you acquire them via drop system, you trade them with other people,you do achievements or buy them but don't do that only spend 5 dollars on the game so you have a better drop rate. There are many other different items including hats which do not affect gameplay but affects what other players think of you and the most expensive hat is a unusual team captain I think worth about $4000 usd Expand
  84. Nov 7, 2013
    The game full of humor and action has define the meaning of Team Fortress, where not an ordinary realistic FPS of Submachine Guns and Rifles shooting each other, it means that there are 9 special people with 9 special skills other than a person using the gun massacring, but it was also about a teamwork between the classes. Such as Medic, and other Support Classes that would reinforce the offense and the defense class, the game is very entertaining with a large vary of hats and weapons, where you will spend your time countlessly on getting the hats to customize your character unlike a normal standard character. Expand
  85. Mar 15, 2014
    With the map editor, endless items waiting to be approved in the Steam Workshop and the 9 classes for any kind of FPS player, you will play Team Fortress 2 for a long time! And guess what? This games is FREE TO PLAY! So you only need 8GB free on your hard drive and you are good to go! Even if TF2 has micro-transactions, they are not really going to make a difference but if you want to stay unique from other players, you might spend £50 on your items without even realising:) In my opinion, give this game a try because you have nothing to lose! Expand
  86. Nov 6, 2013
    Probably, not going 10 because of the regular problem on the most of TF2's public servers: Unbalanced teams. There actually could be a system that would not drop all of the skilled players on the same team, but share them between both teams, and would do the same thing with F2Ps.
  87. Nov 8, 2013
    Entertained me for 1700+ hours with excellent gameplay that never makes you bored or tired. Loads of weapons, maps, community mods including Slender, Saxton Hale mod (You'll see how much fun it is) and prop hunt. Oh, I forgot to mention one last thing HATS. You'll be obsessed with them! You will want to be good-looking on the battlefield while you kill some hatless peasants!
  88. Nov 9, 2013
    Really love the game, and it's free! so even if you hate it you don't lose money, but how can you hate this game, it's a very fun game, plenty to do and it doesn't lack servers, the characters are very cool and the class system can end up making it into a pretty competitive game, with items to be collected there's always a goal to playing and all you have to do is play the game to get the items, or you can buy the ones you want in the store but that can get a bit expensive and hats cannot be found and have to be bough.

What also makes this game so great is the community, with people making cool items that can approved by valve and implemented into the game if they are good enought. Great game and completely free, a must play.
  89. Nov 23, 2013
    Truly a SPECTACULAR game to play. I am even able to play this game on one single server that replays the the same map 24/7 (Ozzy Furocity on the map 2Fort) and yet, I'm STILL having an unbelievable amount of fun!!
  90. Nov 23, 2013
    I have spent many, many hours just fiddling around in this game. This masterpiece just keep making itself better and better and more enjoyable. I see all the work they put into this project. However, I do how people do not like this game because of the cartoony and funny feel. This game was made to be a very serious FPS with GET TO POINT GAMMA GO! GO! GO! But then, this game just got less like that. A hat simulator. Who would've guessed that? Lots of random things happen and makes the gamer laugh and enchance how rich the game is. This game is one of my absolute favorite games and one I would spend money on just for items. I hope you enjoyed this random "speech". How do you think about my first critic? Expand
  91. Nov 25, 2013
    One of the best free to play FPS games ever to be created. It requires you to participate with the team to complete the objectives instead of just brainlessly killing people over and over again like in Call of Duty. This is also one of the few good cartoon FPS games. It is casual so no one gets mad at you for fooling around. I love how each class has their own personality and abilities that lets the player contribute to the team. My only problem is that there are a lot of bugs due to the constant updates (which I love). I would give it a 9.5 if I could. Expand
  92. Nov 27, 2013
    This game ruined my life. It is the best multiplayer shooter i ever played! Simply amazing! You have nine different classes to play and the cartoon graphics make the game better, more funny!
  93. Nov 30, 2013
    This is just a great game which is meant to be fun. I don't think that it is for everyone, however, I can't stop playing this game. I just bought Battlefield 4, but I am still playing Team Fortress 2. I love the goofiness of the game and the pacing is fantastic. Check it out, its free, and then you can decide for yourself if you like this game.
  94. Dec 12, 2013
    Worst game ever spent all my money on virtual hats and fed Gabe Newl 7 billion chocolate bars with that money. P.S awesome game most fun you'll have had shooting each other
  95. Dec 22, 2013
    Definition of awesomeness It´s pretty much boring alone, but once you have a friend playing, this game gets really funny and you can play it for days. There´s always something new to try.
  96. Dec 29, 2013
    This game is almost a requirement for anyone new to the PC gaming community. Not only does this game provide a AAA title with excellent weapon choice, balance, and class roles, it's also an entirely free game. Additionally, this game's Free to play (F2P) model is a great example for any developer, as even though it provides perks like inventory space, drop rate, and trading when upgrading to premium, no item or gametype is restricted from any Free to Play user.
    However, this game has a large "trading" system in-game, allowing players to trade items to each other. This may sound like an interesting mechanic, but many players have turned Team Fortress into a hub for trading, making servers for almost only such an act. If you are not interested in profiting from trading, avoid any server with a trade tag. As well, this game does not have a CD format and takes a large amount of data to download.
    Overall, 8/10 felt appropriate for recent server implications and the data overhaul needed, but find a good list of servers to favorite, and you shouldn't have to ever worry about them. Also, a Terabyte of Memory is the average data of a modern desktop, and 14 gigs shouldn't be a problem unless you have a poor connection to the Internet. Not just a recommendation or a suggestion, almost a requirement.
  97. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is an endless amount of fun. It is always going through updates, which make new weapons, hats, and other things, such as modes. The newest mode, Mann vs Machine (MVM) is really fun, you fight robots that look like the characters you can be! Get it. Its an endless amount of fun, which is free now!
  98. Jan 21, 2014
    TF2 is a free game.
    It is 100 times better than Call Of Duty or Battlefield (ok, maybe not battlefield4)
    Seeing as it is free, i will leave the reason to get it up to you to find out.
    SO GO GET THIS FRIGGIN GAME
  99. Mar 8, 2014
    Team Fortress 2. As soon as I saw the Meet the Team trailers for this game, I knew I had to have it. These trailers were so well done, that I think that just one of them would be a perfect short that plays before a movie. As for the actual game, I finally got my chance to play it at Christmas time in the year 2011 when I got it with the Orange Box, which also came with Half-Life 2 and Portal. So is this game as amazing as I had hoped it would be from the awesome trailers, or is the game just your average class-based multiplayer shooter with cartoony graphics? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is just about the most fun gameplay imaginable in a video game. The entire game is a class-based multiplayer first-person shooter. There are several different modes of play in this game. There is attack and defend, which is a mode where the blu team (no, I did not just spell "blue" wrong, that is really how the team is spelled in the game) attacks control points, and the red team defends them. The blu team needs to capture these points before time runs out, while the red team needs to defend them until time runs out. There is also king of the hill, where both teams must compete over a central control point, and hold it for a certain amount of time. Then there's capture the flag, which is capturing the enemy's briefcase of intelligence while defending your own. There are many more modes, but these are just to name a few. You begin each mode by choosing the class you want to play as out of all nine classes in the game. The classes are scout, soldier, pyro, demoman, heavy, engineer, medic, sniper, and spy. All of these classes are very fun to play as because they are all totally different in both gameplay and personality. The scout is the fastest class in the game, and is good for quick offensive raids. The soldier is the most balanced class in the game, with average speed, and a very powerful rocket launcher. Pyro can set things on fire with his flamethrower at close range, and that's all that really needs to be said. The Demoman has a grenade launcher, which he can use to lob grenades at enemies. The heavy is the most powerful class in the game, and can destroy everything with his minigun. The engineer can build turrets and dispensers to help defend locations. The medic can heal everyone on the go with his medigun. The sniper can take out enemies from a distance with his sniper rifle, and the spy can disguise himself as the enemy, and back-stab them with his knife. As for what I mean by different personalities, I mean that the classes themselves are essentially their own characters in the game. They all come from different countries, have different back stories, and even have their own sense of humor and quotes. Because the classes of this game are all so different, this makes the game utterly unique compared to other multiplayer shooters. The game has many unique game modes to play as well. This game is so much more than your average first-person shooter, and that's a good thing. It went so far to be unique, and succeeded spectacularly. As for the graphics, let's just say, if you thought the gameplay of this game was unique, just wait till you see the graphics. Not only is the gameplay different from the average first-person shooter, but the graphics are different as well. Most shooters try for a realistic approach to graphics, making everything look as close to life as possible. This game however, does the exact opposite, it tries to make the game look as cartoony as possible. That's right, this game's graphics go for the cartoony approach rather than the realistic one like most shooters. Of course, the real question is, does this game succeed with this cartoony approach? I can happily say that the answer is yes. The game not only looks beautiful, but it also fits the already zany feel of the game. As for the presentation, it is one of the best I've ever seen in a multiplayer shooter. Everything in this game handles well, and everything is easy to use and access. Overall, I'd say if you don't have this game, you need to get it now! This is a game that everyone in the world needs to play. It has spectacular gameplay, beautiful graphics, and a wonderful presentation to top it all off.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Presentation: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  100. Feb 2, 2014
    Well, what should I say. The classes are funny and balanced. The weapons are perfectly balanced and will get changed if too over or underpowered. Some bugs, even if funny, can be bad.

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.