9.2

1. Sep 11, 2011
    The best online shooter up to date. It brings both cartoonish setting with fancy characters and near to perfect class balance. You can pick whatever class you like based upon your tactic or visual preferences and have fun straight away. I've been into this game for dozens of hours up to now and it only gets better and deeper with more time you invest into it. Also a nice cyber-fightingThe best online shooter up to date. It brings both cartoonish setting with fancy characters and near to perfect class balance. You can pick whatever class you like based upon your tactic or visual preferences and have fun straight away. I've been into this game for dozens of hours up to now and it only gets better and deeper with more time you invest into it. Also a nice cyber-fighting discipline for those who look for a real challenge. Expand
  2. Aug 27, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is a FPS game... And it's one of the greatest of it's kind! This game is hilerious! It's an outstanding game! It's a fabulous game! It's a Fantastic game! It's just perfect... sorry, there is really not much more to say about the game then... 10/10 :')

Get it, it's free! Thanks ValvE!
  3. Aug 30, 2011
    It was one of the greatest games ever till the new update was released by Valve. The new players destroyed the old TF feeling and made the game too easy. The servers filled with snipers and spies are also disappointing. But even though it's a great game and can give you several memorable time if you know where to play.
  4. Jul 16, 2011
    Great game, but don't waste your time on the xbox 360 version...especially now that its free on steam! On the PC there's lots of user content, mods and the game is constantly evolving.
  5. Jul 17, 2011
    Stellar. Absolutely positively stellar in every possible and impossible way. The game controls are user-friendly, the humor in the game is great, and it's easy to pick up. Hell, after only one week of play I was pretty much on par with everyone else. The game balance is great, and the ability to switch classes on the fly is the huge kicker. Got a problematic Sniper or Heavy with aStellar. Absolutely positively stellar in every possible and impossible way. The game controls are user-friendly, the humor in the game is great, and it's easy to pick up. Hell, after only one week of play I was pretty much on par with everyone else. The game balance is great, and the ability to switch classes on the fly is the huge kicker. Got a problematic Sniper or Heavy with a Medic? Take them out as a Spy. Your team attacking but can't capture the final control point? Go Scout and capture it with relative ease. However, be wise about it, because whatever strong points you have someone quick enough can take you down. Each class has its little tricks that make it so special and, quite frankly, awesome. No class is boring here. Add the fact that it's Free to Play now and you have yourself one of the best games on the freakin' planet. Absolutely stellar.

My only complaints are Snipers on Expert mode on Offline Practice. They have superhuman senses and quite frankly are kinda hard to get a clear shot of without getting shot instantly.
  6. Jul 22, 2011
    I have to say, this is an absolute great PC game by Valve. Sure, it lags a tiny bit, but it still withstands. Sure, its Pyro and Scout classes are a tiny bit unbalanced, but it's /still/ a great game.
  7. Jul 27, 2011
    Completely and magnificently perfect. The gameplay is amazing. The classes are all unique and dynamic. It's a shame they included it in the console versions of the Orange Box, it would've been better as a PC exclusive. Plus, the endless variants of game modes on separate servers. There's something for everyone.
  8. Aug 1, 2011
    Brilliant quality game. Graphics that are simple but fun, with exiting gameplay but a relaxed atmosphere. Great community quality with balanced classes for everyone's interests.Good game for all skill levels with great team play. Perfect for groups of friends and people who like a fast-paced game that keeps you entertained.
  9. Aug 17, 2011
    Gotta give this a 10. How could it get anything less? Its colorful. Its wacky. Its fun! Every single character class brings something important to the team. Teamwork is the focus of this game and if you want to win you're gonna need a lot of it. I've logged nearly 600 hours since Day 1 on TF2 and its earned every single penny I've spent on it. Plus with the Mann Catalog expandingGotta give this a 10. How could it get anything less? Its colorful. Its wacky. Its fun! Every single character class brings something important to the team. Teamwork is the focus of this game and if you want to win you're gonna need a lot of it. I've logged nearly 600 hours since Day 1 on TF2 and its earned every single penny I've spent on it. Plus with the Mann Catalog expanding all the time you'll never tire from collecting weapons or those highly sought after hats. Expand
  10. Aug 25, 2011
    Probably one of the more fun games I've played! Great variety of weapons and yes, hats, lots and lots of hats. Emphasis on the team and team goals is great, less concern on the the players kill/death ratio. Friendly user base. Great game.
  11. Aug 27, 2011
    WOW. that pretty much sums up this game. Team Fortress 2 is a class-based FPS, cartoony-style game, that is fun anytime. It is amazing that this game is F2P now. I would've happily paid $20 or more for this game. The personailities and traits surrounding these characters make them seem more personal, and unique. Gameplay is amazing; intense team coordination, in different game modes, toWOW. that pretty much sums up this game. Team Fortress 2 is a class-based FPS, cartoony-style game, that is fun anytime. It is amazing that this game is F2P now. I would've happily paid $20 or more for this game. The personailities and traits surrounding these characters make them seem more personal, and unique. Gameplay is amazing; intense team coordination, in different game modes, to victory.
    Must have for all gamers.
  12. Oio
    Sep 6, 2011
    Its my favourite multiplayer game of all time. 200% of fun with good looking graphics even 3 years after release. I bought it for 30$ and played for about 500 hours. Now its free, and i'm still playing :)
  13. Sep 7, 2011
    Other than UT2004, this is one of the most played games that I own. It again elicits the "epic win" response, shortened breath, cold sweat, and an eruption of vocalizations upon winning. Incredibly addicting, and now being f2p it's even better. A must play.
  14. Sep 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Team Fortress 2 Is one of the best FPS games ever, In my opinion it deserves a Perfect score.
    But there's one thing that annoys me.... Its the Mann co. store. First thing is how expensive the items are in it, Like key for instance there really expensive and only for opening crates which nearly always have crap, Like weapons that are really old.
  15. Sep 10, 2011
    Team Fortress 2, a game I wanted for 3 years already, then it became free and I downloaded it, 10 hours later I started this game up on my crappy pc, the fps was low it lagged alot but I still had fun, now I have a better pc and own alot more games, but TF2 makes me want to come back the whole time! It really is the best fun (for free) that you can have, I already bought a premium accountTeam Fortress 2, a game I wanted for 3 years already, then it became free and I downloaded it, 10 hours later I started this game up on my crappy pc, the fps was low it lagged alot but I still had fun, now I have a better pc and own alot more games, but TF2 makes me want to come back the whole time! It really is the best fun (for free) that you can have, I already bought a premium account and me and my friends are going to buy a server soon, download it, play it and waste 115 hours or more in 3 months (Like me) Expand
  16. Sep 13, 2011
    I notice that most of the people complaining about the game got it for the PS or something, not the PC. Team Fortress is a really fun game that might sometimes be frustrating but is really fun.
  17. Nov 1, 2011
    Many many props are due to Valve for making this a free to play game. Me and my son started playing this game together and i went and ordered him the Orange Box which we both also love. regardless of price this game is totally worth it. They have MP down team auto balance and smooth smooth gameplay. This game is endlessly fun with so many classes and play styles to choose from. I recommendMany many props are due to Valve for making this a free to play game. Me and my son started playing this game together and i went and ordered him the Orange Box which we both also love. regardless of price this game is totally worth it. They have MP down team auto balance and smooth smooth gameplay. This game is endlessly fun with so many classes and play styles to choose from. I recommend this game to any FPS lover. Expand
  18. Sep 19, 2011
    Basically, the pinnacle of multiplayer game. Pure, mindless team-fun. I recommend it to everyone, moreso now, when it's free.

To be honest, I hated TFC. And I do love TF2, it's just a perfect multiplayer game.
  19. Aug 29, 2012
    Since Mann vs. Machine is out, I think it's time for a re-review of TF2. In case you don't already know; Team Fortress 2 is a competitive online shooter with wonderful cartoon visuals, engaging class-based teamplay and is still more fun than most other online shooters. The MvM update adds a fairly substantial co-op mode in which you team up with four others to stop robots from deploying aSince Mann vs. Machine is out, I think it's time for a re-review of TF2. In case you don't already know; Team Fortress 2 is a competitive online shooter with wonderful cartoon visuals, engaging class-based teamplay and is still more fun than most other online shooters. The MvM update adds a fairly substantial co-op mode in which you team up with four others to stop robots from deploying a bomb to your base, so it's basically an elaborate form of tower defence. Like the main game, MvM never ceases to be entertaining even whilst your team is getting repeatedly ground into the dirt. The game is also free, so unless you're paranoid about disk space, then Team Fortress 2 is a no-brainer, even if you're not into online shooting games. Expand
  20. Oct 26, 2011
    Incredibly creative, fantastic teamplay, very well balanced and hilarious in every way. This is the game for anyone looking to blow time in a fun, fair and not-so-hardcore way. Ignore the trolls that complain about OP weapons and a lack of skill. Firstly, every class and weapon can be countered with teamwork, I cannot emphasize this fact enough. This is not in any way a run and gun CoDIncredibly creative, fantastic teamplay, very well balanced and hilarious in every way. This is the game for anyone looking to blow time in a fun, fair and not-so-hardcore way. Ignore the trolls that complain about OP weapons and a lack of skill. Firstly, every class and weapon can be countered with teamwork, I cannot emphasize this fact enough. This is not in any way a run and gun CoD style shooter, it requires you to judge a situation before entering the fray and actually work with teammates via the use of Ubers, clearing sticky bombs, taking out turrets, portals and enemy snipers etc.. And 2nd, if the game requires no skill, then why are so many of you complaining about not getting any kills? Or that enemies are too hard to kill? Expand
  21. Nov 5, 2011
    My favorite game of all time. Classes, to me, are very balanced and I love how the spy works. Nothing like sneaking up on someone and stabbing them in the back... The best of the best of mutiplayer games.
  22. Nov 3, 2011
    This game is well yeah.. Very entertaining and funny! I would recommend everybody to download it, as it is a free game which just makes it even better!

Funny game play, and the way the game look, is just funny too.! So 10/10
  23. Nov 3, 2011
    I made this account just to laugh at the haters of this game. @gabrielU there is no such class as bomberman, concluding you probably barly spent and hour on this game. Heck, i knew the classes names before i started playing.... @darthpoopies In case you didnt notice, all of the item in the game are made with some benifit and some defect, i agree its not perfectly balenced, but the game isI made this account just to laugh at the haters of this game. @gabrielU there is no such class as bomberman, concluding you probably barly spent and hour on this game. Heck, i knew the classes names before i started playing.... @darthpoopies In case you didnt notice, all of the item in the game are made with some benifit and some defect, i agree its not perfectly balenced, but the game is made so that in one on one battles the outcome will depend on class type and skill. @burtH Lol? @MoiaM Might want to try actually switching classes. @BlakeC you really shouldnt use to this day, at least have the decency to deleate your comment now that trade and random drops are working better. @HelpU LOL you call 40 hours a "good" amount of time? @BeanB so what you are saying is that theres no "pros" in this game? theres no way to inprove your skill? Listen to yourself for a second... @JoshuaS In about 50 games i will only find one hacker, and even then he will probably be kicked before the round ends. Go join a game like crossfire, and enjoy being killed every 10 seconds by some kid who thinks its funny to hack. Crossfire actually made kickvoting INCREDIBLY easy just because they had so many hackers. @Frank Take a second to MAKE A COMPLETE SENTENCE. but besides that, i have yet to encounter one passworded server... If your game is crashing, i would recomend going to graphics and decreasing the quality, if that doesnt work its probably the server, and you can just find a server with a good latancty instead of joining a random one. Expand
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    This was a fun game, this just shows that fps's dont need insane graphics or anything to be fun. When im bored of other games I just play this. As its free and i dont think it has high system requirements I think everybody should download this. I havent played multiplayer but the single player ive played is fun.
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is simply amazing. The humorous character design and awesome art style make's this game that much greater. Each class has it's own personality, that is fitting to their purpose. The gameplay is simple and fun, and extremely easy to get used to. The community is great (for the most part) and the frequent updates keep this game going. Countless hat's and weapons are anTeam Fortress 2 is simply amazing. The humorous character design and awesome art style make's this game that much greater. Each class has it's own personality, that is fitting to their purpose. The gameplay is simple and fun, and extremely easy to get used to. The community is great (for the most part) and the frequent updates keep this game going. Countless hat's and weapons are an attraction to the game as well, making other players jealous of your looks. Expand
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    Truly a masterpiece of game design, in every respect. The beautiful, distinct art direction and sound design are tied directly into the gameplay. The gameplay itself is a refreshing blend of fast-paced action and strategy. And to use the capitalist argument, it's free, so you really have nothing to lose in trying it.
  27. Jul 28, 2012
    Overall it is a brilliantly designed game. It is not your average FPS. Team Fortress 2 offers a variety of characters, each with completely different specializations, weapons, visual aspects and personalities. It combines fictional aspects, humor and "toony" looks for various reasons. Many other first person shooters have an in-game shop that usually includes stronger weapons and itemsOverall it is a brilliantly designed game. It is not your average FPS. Team Fortress 2 offers a variety of characters, each with completely different specializations, weapons, visual aspects and personalities. It combines fictional aspects, humor and "toony" looks for various reasons. Many other first person shooters have an in-game shop that usually includes stronger weapons and items that you must have to be successful. Team Fortress 2, also known as TF2 provides a shop that merely contains extra items that add effects to your character or help you to obtain weapons that can usually be obtained in-game either by picking them up, trading or crafting them yourself. Team Fortress 2 is based around balance. Nothing is "the best," everything is based around different tasks a player may need to complete. Each character has specific roles that are more successful when used in the right place, at the right time. Every weapon is unique, some have special abilities with a cost to offset the ability's potency. The graphics are cartoonish to add humor and allow even the slowest of computers to play it smoothly. Everything in TF2 has humor. TF2 adds humor, such as pyroland. Pyroland was recently released as a part of the Pyro storyline. It is a cheerful alteration to TF2, featuring brightly colored maps with candyland like aspects. Pyroland also features players with high pitched voices, new weapons and gear, and new word spoofs like "DOMINATION" is now "BEST FRIENDS". I personally think this is the best fps I've ever played because of its unique comedy, balance, and game-play. Expand
  28. ChaseF.
    Nov 25, 2007
    One of the funnest games ive ever played! I grew up on the first one, and antipating the 2nd, with its Disney and Pixar like graphics, i was ready to try the second. I played for about 2 hours straight just as the spy. Definetly a must see at the least.
  29. SeanD.
    Dec 22, 2007
    The game play is fresh and keeps me addicted to it even after 80 hours of play. There are two few original maps, but that will be addressed soon with an upcoming update. That balance is close to perfect on the built in maps but is skewed in third party maps' open areas. So the tight corridors and strategically placed sniping areas keep the action constant and ferocious. If both teams The game play is fresh and keeps me addicted to it even after 80 hours of play. There are two few original maps, but that will be addressed soon with an upcoming update. That balance is close to perfect on the built in maps but is skewed in third party maps' open areas. So the tight corridors and strategically placed sniping areas keep the action constant and ferocious. If both teams are skilled, there are no stalemates. Expand
  30. Nov 8, 2011
    great game. still one of my favorite multiplayer experience on the pc. i enjoy pretty much everything about this game, including the hats (yeah i said it)
  31. Jul 3, 2011
    I've loved this game for years. There are few games I play religiously, but this is on the list.... defiantly one if you aren't for another Call of Duty clone. It has miles of personality, and doesn't take itself too seriously. I've not yet paid for an item or a hat, and never plan to. Only a whiner is going to complain about the balance of item pack items, which can be gotten for free inI've loved this game for years. There are few games I play religiously, but this is on the list.... defiantly one if you aren't for another Call of Duty clone. It has miles of personality, and doesn't take itself too seriously. I've not yet paid for an item or a hat, and never plan to. Only a whiner is going to complain about the balance of item pack items, which can be gotten for free in the most part anyway, and I've generally be able to trade for anything I have wanted. Expand
  32. Jul 29, 2011
    Valve is probably the class of the video game world. They don't pump out 200 games a year like EA does, and that's a good thing. Because they take the time to put excellent graphics, gameplay, physics, and storyline into every game they release. Team Fortress 2 is unlike most of the other games that Valve has made. That's because there is no plot. It is, simply put, a class-based firstValve is probably the class of the video game world. They don't pump out 200 games a year like EA does, and that's a good thing. Because they take the time to put excellent graphics, gameplay, physics, and storyline into every game they release. Team Fortress 2 is unlike most of the other games that Valve has made. That's because there is no plot. It is, simply put, a class-based first person shooter. The gameplay is fairly simple with it's mouse and keyboard controls (mandatory for all PC 1st person shooters). The goal of the game is to win in team based, objective game modes. One of my highest praises for this game is in it's game modes and classes. There's no overpowering assault rifle class to render the other classes useless, and there's no deathmatch mode to leave all the other modes as barren wastelands. The graphics remind of Toy Story with their cartoony look... a very bloody, violent Toy Story... and they couldn't be more appropriate, as this is a slapstick game. My one complaint for the game is an odd one... there's something holding it back from being a classic, and I'm not sure what it is. There's something in my mind that says, "Should I play Team Fortress 2 right now...? Nah..." and I can't explain it. Thankfully, they update the game periodically and give it new maps.

My favourite class? Spy. Nothing more satisfying than infiltrating the enemy's base and stabbing a nemesis in the back.
  33. Jul 9, 2011
    Greatest game of all time. And it keeps getting better. I have 1000+ hours and I still keep coming back and so do my friends. Its not just the WONDERFUL gameplay built on a fair balanced and reliable system. Its the constant updates that make the game organic. It's constantly growing and free to boot. If it had a metascore of 92 when it release, it needs a 99 now with of the refiningGreatest game of all time. And it keeps getting better. I have 1000+ hours and I still keep coming back and so do my friends. Its not just the WONDERFUL gameplay built on a fair balanced and reliable system. Its the constant updates that make the game organic. It's constantly growing and free to boot. If it had a metascore of 92 when it release, it needs a 99 now with of the refining its gone through. Expand
  34. Jul 3, 2011
    Definitely a game that really inspires other games alike, TF2 is a true test for gamers. The gory humor and variety of weapons, maps, and modes, keeps you entertained for a LONG time. I would go far as to say to upgrade to the Premium account, because it is THAT good.
  35. Jul 13, 2011
    Another great FPS from Valve, it's very fun to play and the characters have funny dialogues, many different classes provides each one with one specific strength and weakness, and overall it's very fun.
    And now it's free to play! what are you waiting?
  36. Jun 24, 2011
    There are only three words needed to describe this game, "BEST GAME EVER!!!" There is literally no game better and i can guarantee there won't be unless they make team fortress 3. The game is Perfectly balanced in every single way. there are tons of weapons for each of the nine classes, all of which have a totally different personality and play style. Do you like being fast and zoomingThere are only three words needed to describe this game, "BEST GAME EVER!!!" There is literally no game better and i can guarantee there won't be unless they make team fortress 3. The game is Perfectly balanced in every single way. there are tons of weapons for each of the nine classes, all of which have a totally different personality and play style. Do you like being fast and zooming around your enemies while shooting the crap out of them? then the scout is for you. Like to run out into the battlefield guns blazing? then the heavy is for you. I don't think any sane person can possibly dislike this game, and guess what, It's free now!!! They just released an update for TF2 that adds many weapons for almost every class and also makes the game free to play! Expand
  37. Jun 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Beautifully made game
    I have always loved it and always will.
    I Am Really happy that it is now free and that everyone can enjoy this
    Wonderful game.I love this Game
    Everyone should play it!
    Cant wait till my friends download it and play with me =)
  38. Jun 26, 2011
    Perfect 10. This game, now being free, has it all. A backstory, strategy, a dedicated youtube channel introducing all the players, active communities, and so much more. I am hard pressed to find a game that can give me this much fun for hours on end. If you get bored, you can always vary it up someway to create an interesting meld. Achievements are also fun to obtain and you get themPerfect 10. This game, now being free, has it all. A backstory, strategy, a dedicated youtube channel introducing all the players, active communities, and so much more. I am hard pressed to find a game that can give me this much fun for hours on end. If you get bored, you can always vary it up someway to create an interesting meld. Achievements are also fun to obtain and you get them often. The graphics are great, the speed and accuracy are also on par with any other online game out there. Its challenging sometimes, you will always find a new way to play and solutions to create. A+ to the developers out there for making such a rock solid game. I have yet to experience one bad thing about it. Expand
  39. Jun 27, 2011
    It's been what, 3 or 4 years since it's release, and this game still has me coming back. The classes are perfectly balanced, maps are fun along with their game modes, and with so many modders constantly adding free content available to the public, along with Valve's free downloads, along with the fact that this game is free to play, why would you not get it?
  40. Jul 5, 2011
    Good ole team fortress 2, Like Team Fortress Classic the idea of teams with special players is just genius no more spray and prey (Excluding HEAVY) you need tactics baby. Team Fortress II is so much like the Classic only Polished with more modern ideas and better graphics.
  41. Jul 11, 2011
    This game has its good points and bad, just like every game out there. Thankfully, its good parts far outweigh its bad. The classes are mostly balanced and are worthy of the title. It takes a different kind of person to appreciate this game though. This game is meant to be fun in a cartoony way, not necessarily competitively. One needs to know when to play seriously, and when to justThis game has its good points and bad, just like every game out there. Thankfully, its good parts far outweigh its bad. The classes are mostly balanced and are worthy of the title. It takes a different kind of person to appreciate this game though. This game is meant to be fun in a cartoony way, not necessarily competitively. One needs to know when to play seriously, and when to just screw around and have fun with the other players. The only real issue is gameplay at times. Spies and especially Snipers ruin perfectly good maps that have open space. The weapons that have been added lately aren't that creative and/or they aren't balanced (except for the Uber Update). Overall, this game is just pure cartoonish fun (as in you can't take this game TOO seriously) and well worth any time put into it, especially since it is now Free to Play Expand
  42. Jul 14, 2011
    A fun game. Sufficed to say this game is immensely fun. And I don't mean it is well designed and engrossing (and believe me, it IS!)...I mean it is FUN. Goofy, laugh-out-loud fun, I LOVE IT!

But it can be buggy.....not in game, where its mechanics are beyond perfect, but in launch. Valves continued ignorance to the fact that not every OS is windows XP, and the game can be extremely touch and go in it's decision to play properly, and I shouldn't have to use Ctl+Alt+Del every time I launch lest I want HL2.exe has stopped working. The Bastard you are Gabe, would it really kill you to make a patch for chris'sake?!? But I digress.
    Basically, if you use vista or 7, expect the HL2.exe problem to appear with no sure-fire way to deal with it. I also ran into the other problem of "could not load library client"....FUUU-

Oh yeah and the community is so in love with hats it's beyond belief.....if you possess the Large Luchadore hat expect to have so many trade requests that the game crashes. The game is very well optimised as well. My friend plays it on his laptop with an intel hd card and he gets a good looking game with good frame-rates.

The game is definitely worth your time...and now it's free Valve can use it like a get-out-of-jail free card for all flaws, but honestly those flaws are few and far between - this is one of their finest products and you'd be doing yourself a dis-service if you don't at least look at the game
  43. Jul 18, 2011
    awesome game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  44. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is one of the most fun you can have playing online. In my... ahem... professional opinion, this game's multiplayer is better than the call of duty series. The online matches are frantic, fun, and actually require teamwork to succeed. The classes are humorous, diverse, and useful, making them lots of fun. Plus, if you asked 10 people what their favorite class is, you would get aThis game is one of the most fun you can have playing online. In my... ahem... professional opinion, this game's multiplayer is better than the call of duty series. The online matches are frantic, fun, and actually require teamwork to succeed. The classes are humorous, diverse, and useful, making them lots of fun. Plus, if you asked 10 people what their favorite class is, you would get a different response every time. The item system is fun, and adds another layer of depth to the game. The only reason this game does not get a 10/10 is because it has essentially no single player, so you cant play it on the go without wi-fi. All in all, a fun gaming experience. Wait...WHAT!?...ITS FREE!!! EVERYONE GET THIS GAME NOW!!! Expand
  45. Nov 8, 2011
    This is the best game on the PC. Hands down the best. If for some reason you have not played it yet, shame on you. Go get it now, its free and is the definition of a perfect game.
  46. Sep 27, 2012
    I gave this a 9/10 simply because there is no Free For All. I started seriously playing PC fpses back in 2007, and COD4 had just been released so I went crazy over the Free for all mode. However, I bought TF2 in the beginning of summer 2009 for $20 and it was honestly the biggest bang for my buck I have EVER gotten (and now it is F2P). If you don't even try this game... wow. MostI gave this a 9/10 simply because there is no Free For All. I started seriously playing PC fpses back in 2007, and COD4 had just been released so I went crazy over the Free for all mode. However, I bought TF2 in the beginning of summer 2009 for $20 and it was honestly the biggest bang for my buck I have EVER gotten (and now it is F2P). If you don't even try this game... wow. Most unique FPS ever. Expand
  47. Jun 25, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is a great game. I bought the game a couple of years ago and have been playing it for 573 hours total now, and it just gets better! Good maps, great community, balanced classes and weapons that requires different styles of playing makes this the game I never grow tired of!

It may seem contradictory, but the game is great for beginners because it is easy to understand and almost better for veterans because it can be incredibly complex. One of the greatest games ever made.

Also, it's hilarious at times :D
  48. Dr.BeardSmithy
    Jan 9, 2010
    Great Game! I never get tired of it! Make a Teamfortress 3 or just update the characters more!
  49. TobiasS.
    Jun 10, 2008
    Very funny, and it's worth every dollar I paid for it. Getting rewarderd with unlockable items by completing achivements was an excellent idea the TF2-Team came up with. It gives you kind of the same feeling you get when you level up in an MMORPG, but it still doesn't make it impossible for an unexperienced player to kill an experienced player, very nice. Even thought the game Very funny, and it's worth every dollar I paid for it. Getting rewarderd with unlockable items by completing achivements was an excellent idea the TF2-Team came up with. It gives you kind of the same feeling you get when you level up in an MMORPG, but it still doesn't make it impossible for an unexperienced player to kill an experienced player, very nice. Even thought the game was realesed 2007, it doesn't require a very good computer which is very good as well. All classes in the team are has something special and gives you a reason to play them all. And maybe the best thing with TF2, losing doesn't make it less funny. Expand
  50. B.S.
    Jun 7, 2008
    This is by far one of the best online multiplayer games out there! I've never seen something like it ever. I used to think that Team Fortress 2 would be the worst part of the Orange Box, but it wasn't, I'd say it was one of the best parts of it(except for the Half-life 2 series). This is a game you would HAVE TO BUY! This is a perfect ten, no bugs or anything with smooth This is by far one of the best online multiplayer games out there! I've never seen something like it ever. I used to think that Team Fortress 2 would be the worst part of the Orange Box, but it wasn't, I'd say it was one of the best parts of it(except for the Half-life 2 series). This is a game you would HAVE TO BUY! This is a perfect ten, no bugs or anything with smooth gameplay and GREAT graphics. That is way I give this game a 10 out of 10. Expand
  51. FreddieK
    Jun 9, 2008
    I consider myself a hardcore fps'er and always play / played the games which require some skill and tactics like. TF2 is a nice change to that mix, it is a simple game which is so straight forward it's Fun. I can honestly say i was not to fussed about it and got it as part of the OB, i figured i'd give it ago to see what it was like and since then iv'e been hooked. I consider myself a hardcore fps'er and always play / played the games which require some skill and tactics like. TF2 is a nice change to that mix, it is a simple game which is so straight forward it's Fun. I can honestly say i was not to fussed about it and got it as part of the OB, i figured i'd give it ago to see what it was like and since then iv'e been hooked. It's a rare game where once you start playin you can't stop. The classes all have the ability to take on one another which is something i like in a game, i myself am a pyro player which is underated and underpowerd BUT with tactics employed it can become very deadly. This game is not meant to be taken seriously and its meant for pick up and play ability, there is no such thing as a Pro in this game i find as anyone can take on anyone in this game and stand a fair chance, My only real gripe is the critical hit buisness, i can understand why they are there but it just not seem fair for the team on the reciving end for example 1 Crit rocket or grenade will end the life of anythin with health less than 150 outright and there is nothing that can be done about it. Other than that its a solid newcomer and an instant classic, sure it does not keep to the original but id rather play somethign new and refreshing than old and boring (grenade spam is not a fun way to play a game no matter what way you cut it) Expand
  52. MelowS.
    Jul 29, 2008
    This game has, and continues to get, a lot of polish. From the expresive characters and silly one liners, to the serious team work needed to push past some strong defenses, to the random and often heroic way things can pan out, this game has almost unlimited replay value. It may be cartoony, and it may not have very realistic weapon and firing models, but luckily these all just contribute This game has, and continues to get, a lot of polish. From the expresive characters and silly one liners, to the serious team work needed to push past some strong defenses, to the random and often heroic way things can pan out, this game has almost unlimited replay value. It may be cartoony, and it may not have very realistic weapon and firing models, but luckily these all just contribute to making the game a blast. Unlike other games (counter-strike) you won't be destroyed instantly by people who have been playing nonstop for the past 8 years. The diversity in classes, and the relatively low amount of point-click-kill classes makes things like being sneaky and exploiting situations more important. That isn't to say that you can't get good at this game. You can, and there are many players that consistently dominate servers. However, the beauty of it is that relatively new players can end up in the top three too, just by having a great round, getting some good medic heals (or doing some good healing) or just happening to detonate some sticky bombs under 10 players by chance. This game has been criticized for one feature, which is that all melee and ranged weapons have a low chance of getting a critical hit (double damage). This means that you can run out of ammo, pull out your machete, and send an otherwise capable player with a full clip sailing through the air like a rag doll. These critics need to realized that the critical hits are just another fun way of getting unpredictable outcomes in otherwise boring repetitive gameplay. I have watched enough knife fights in counter-strike (yawn) to realized the value of this feature and its overall contribution to replay value. So in summary, if you like online multilayer games, appreciate amazing heroics, last second saves, OMGWTFBBQ moments and the prospect of new features always being on the horizon, play this game. Expand
  53. DanielR.
    Jul 3, 2008
    It is a fun, entertaining, and silly game that is easy to laugh over. Instead of pounding the keyboard when the pyro lights my disguised spy on fire, i crack up to the reaction that the enemy team gets when i am running around their base screaming for a medic.
  54. Jean-PhilippeD.
    Oct 14, 2007
    This is by far the most exciting and fluent FPS I have ever played. I don't generally like shooters, but TF2 REALLY changed that, with it's wide variety of classes to play, wether you like to be in the action, kicking some butt, or supporting your teammates at a distance, or healing them, there's just so many classes, it is hard to find someone who will not like the game!
  55. =Sixpack=
    Oct 2, 2008
    Since 1998 and the days of online Quake2 i haven't played anything that came close,and trust me i have played them all,forget anything people tell you and try this - its great fun and learning each class is an art in its own right,i can only play three classes with any conviction. TF2 - you wont regret it.
  56. DrewF.
    Jun 10, 2008
    I just love the way that this game looks!!! Cartoony and fun. It is just that, Fun. If you like you Online FPS's like the COD 4 monster, then I don't think you'll like this, but if you just wana have some fun blowing things up, and shouting 'Cry some more' whilst shooting a gun that cost $40,000 to shoot a minuet, then go for this game. Always being added to as I just love the way that this game looks!!! Cartoony and fun. It is just that, Fun. If you like you Online FPS's like the COD 4 monster, then I don't think you'll like this, but if you just wana have some fun blowing things up, and shouting 'Cry some more' whilst shooting a gun that cost $40,000 to shoot a minuet, then go for this game. Always being added to as well. Real team game play!! Expand
  57. JoakimF.
    Jul 8, 2008
    This is a great game with a great 50's or 60's comicbook-feel to it. The comical feel to the game makes this game wonderful, and with the "Silhouette-design" it's easy to see what enemy you'll be facing even at a far distance. The co-op in the team is nice and there's always new tactics to use. I love this game!
  58. DaveC
    Aug 27, 2008
    TF2 is the most fun I've had with any online shooter, the voice acting for the different classes is top-of-the-class, the irreverent humor even if you win or loose makes you want to play another round. The graphics make it visually appealing, nothing short of gorgeous, and the game play experience between the different classes make it almost a new tactical game every time you choose TF2 is the most fun I've had with any online shooter, the voice acting for the different classes is top-of-the-class, the irreverent humor even if you win or loose makes you want to play another round. The graphics make it visually appealing, nothing short of gorgeous, and the game play experience between the different classes make it almost a new tactical game every time you choose a new character to duke it out with. Different types of MP gaming may become a bit repetitive after the first few hundred hours of playing, but honestly, i have no problem with it. 10/10 all the way. Hands down an addition to the hall of fame. Expand
  59. SamuelP.
    Sep 19, 2008
    Team Fortress 2 is definitely something new and exciting from Valve Software. It's a fun game with plenty of characters and a lot to do, and the game is colorfully designed. The game, a project of the source engine, is definitely brilliant with high quality graphics and sounds; it's a must buy for any online gamer.
  60. RickN.
    Sep 26, 2008
    I'm not a professional gamer, but I have been in the high-tech electronics and computer industry professionally for about 39 years. I just know when I like something well enough to comment about it. I play some multi-player online games and they all offer some level of enjoyment, but Team Fortress 2 has been my favorite to date. I must admit that I was not very impressed with tf2 the I'm not a professional gamer, but I have been in the high-tech electronics and computer industry professionally for about 39 years. I just know when I like something well enough to comment about it. I play some multi-player online games and they all offer some level of enjoyment, but Team Fortress 2 has been my favorite to date. I must admit that I was not very impressed with tf2 the first time I played it at a friends house, because I could not stay alive long enough to see much of what I was playing. Since then, that same friend put up a tf2 server and made it family oriented. Since then I play it frequently and have a great time. One of my sons lives in a different state and we have played some online games before and tf2 is the one we both like the best of all the other games. I also have a 12 year old grand daughter, who likes to play and I like the cartoon body parts that we see and the personality and humor in the characters. Some of the in-game language could be cleaned up for the younger players, in my opinion, but this is the one game that we can all play as a family online and have a great time, loaded with lots of action. My mindset is different when I play tf2. I play it for fun and enjoyment, so I don't get so uptight when I don't do well, because playing this game constantly reminds me that it's only a game. The custom maps are very enjoyable to play and a few of our members have made some maps. The graphics is great and the gameplay is very fluid. Of course, being in the computer industry, I build my own computer systems and networks, so I have learned what works well together. Windows XP 32-bit and Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit are the systems that I mostly use. I recommend Team Fortress 2 to everyone that wants to get started playing online. It is easy to understand and full of action from the very start. I love the different character classes and the way they look and taunt, but it is a great example of how everyone has a valuable talent when you play together. Expand
  61. FarisalF
    Jan 21, 2010
    Best multi game ever! And yet it is updated and alive. Fun and more fun. Brilliant! I am not a gay but I love Robin Walker :) Great job indeed.
  62. MichaelM.
    Nov 3, 2007
    Fantastic gameplay. I wasn't big on the removal of grenades, but now that I've been playing, it makes for a better experience. No more spamming. Watch the detail of the characters. They lean depending on the direction they are running. Little things too, like the rope on the Engy's belt sways as he runs. It's good stuff. If you haven't played it yet, go buy it. Fantastic gameplay. I wasn't big on the removal of grenades, but now that I've been playing, it makes for a better experience. No more spamming. Watch the detail of the characters. They lean depending on the direction they are running. Little things too, like the rope on the Engy's belt sways as he runs. It's good stuff. If you haven't played it yet, go buy it. Now. Do it. Expand
  63. TomN.
    Oct 25, 2008
    Appears to be a marmite game. Fantastic in every way. I have chalked up over one hundred hours on this game and I still love lt. The team work aspect is unparelleled in any other game (maybe Red Orchestra comes close). You cannot go it alone, you need your team mates and if you are in a team which wants to win (I haven't encountered many that don't so far), then you can't Appears to be a marmite game. Fantastic in every way. I have chalked up over one hundred hours on this game and I still love lt. The team work aspect is unparelleled in any other game (maybe Red Orchestra comes close). You cannot go it alone, you need your team mates and if you are in a team which wants to win (I haven't encountered many that don't so far), then you can't go wrong. Nothing like the camp fest that is DoDs. I can't wait for the additional achievement packs. Expand
  64. ThatMudkipGuy
    May 25, 2008
    I usually never buy onine games, but when the Gold Rush free 3-day trial came on, i decided to give it a try, and downloaded it. What i found was nothing short of a diamond mine. Graphics were awesome. The way classes were dependent with each other was awesome. The 10 million people which quickly became my nemesis were exciting. I had racked up about 40 hours of gameplay, when I was I usually never buy onine games, but when the Gold Rush free 3-day trial came on, i decided to give it a try, and downloaded it. What i found was nothing short of a diamond mine. Graphics were awesome. The way classes were dependent with each other was awesome. The 10 million people which quickly became my nemesis were exciting. I had racked up about 40 hours of gameplay, when I was kicked off, and the trial was over. I knew that this was a game not to miss, and somtime in the next week, downloaded it. It still does not cease to amaze or challenge me, even after weeks, maybe months gone by. This is quite possibly the Best Game for the PC right now, and will be for the next few years. Good job, Valve team! Expand
  65. CC.
    May 31, 2008
    I gave this game a 10 because of its visual art style, simplistic but addictive gameplay, the balance each class has over each other, and just overall fun and the design of the game. Even if you have not played other multi-player games before, I think that if you pick up this game, you might have a hard time putting it down.
  66. JamesH.
    Jun 10, 2008
    A great, funny and fast-paced game. The gameplay never ceases to be fun and is easy to play, but hard to master. The graphics, with that 'cartoon' stuyle and a hint of 1930's retro gives the game a great feel and can be run on almost any computer - even I can run it on an onboard graphics card at forty frames per second! This game is a masterpiece - every bit of it. Team A great, funny and fast-paced game. The gameplay never ceases to be fun and is easy to play, but hard to master. The graphics, with that 'cartoon' stuyle and a hint of 1930's retro gives the game a great feel and can be run on almost any computer - even I can run it on an onboard graphics card at forty frames per second! This game is a masterpiece - every bit of it. Team Fortress 2 is a fun and addictive game that never ceases to be fun and is a worthwhile investment to any prospective buyer. A 10 out of 1-, without a doubt. Expand
  67. Pierre-LoupP.
    Jun 13, 2008
    This game is simply awesome ! I won't describe all the pretty cool things because there are too many ^^. But the things that make this game really great are the little details that make the game fun and easy for beginners (but if you want to master it, it can be very very long, especially because new content is released approximatively every month).
  68. DouglasB
    Jun 2, 2008
    This is a very addictive game. Fun to play, hard to put down. There's a very broad range of characters to choose from and you can spend a lot of time learning the tricks of each one. Fortunately, there's lots of YouTube videos that show tips and tricks for each one. If you have a lot of time on your hands, then getting this game is very much worth the price. The only part I This is a very addictive game. Fun to play, hard to put down. There's a very broad range of characters to choose from and you can spend a lot of time learning the tricks of each one. Fortunately, there's lots of YouTube videos that show tips and tricks for each one. If you have a lot of time on your hands, then getting this game is very much worth the price. The only part I don't like is the load out screen that shows how much game time you spent on each character. After a while, you can start to feel a bit guilty knowing how much collective time you have spent! Expand
  69. KoltiinD.
    Jun 22, 2008
    Excellent, well rounded, addictive online game! The graphics are wonderful, the gameplay is smooth, the animations are beautiful, the voice acting is perfect, the advertisements are funny, the online play is free, the controls are simple and customizable, the only downside of this game are when you have to briefly wait for it to load!
  70. JanaS.
    Jul 17, 2008
    I love the game, it's fun to play, the characters are just hilarious and if people can get teamplay going, it's just awesome. Some weapons/classes seem a bit overpowered at times but if you choose the right class to counter, the balance can be kept in check most of the time. The regular updates and bugfixes are just great, that's how you keep people from getting frustrated I love the game, it's fun to play, the characters are just hilarious and if people can get teamplay going, it's just awesome. Some weapons/classes seem a bit overpowered at times but if you choose the right class to counter, the balance can be kept in check most of the time. The regular updates and bugfixes are just great, that's how you keep people from getting frustrated and/or bored! Expand
  71. VincentA.
    Aug 10, 2008
    TF2 is too the shooting genre what wow is to the MMO genre. Exeptional. It's clean and polished with a fantastic art style that never grows dull. It has fleshed out characters that actually draw you in and feel as if their real people and the game...WELL ITS PRETTY DAMN BALANCED! its impossible to make everything perfect but this game strides to meet that benchmark.
  72. PanzerXiII
    Aug 15, 2008
    This game is a very good game. It is easy to pick up and learn, but to learn the little intricacies of each character class is very hard. For example, most newbies will pick the soldier class because it is easy to pick up and learn, however, master at this class will learn how to Horizontal Rocket Jump and etc. If you don't like this game, either... 1. You don't have a good This game is a very good game. It is easy to pick up and learn, but to learn the little intricacies of each character class is very hard. For example, most newbies will pick the soldier class because it is easy to pick up and learn, however, master at this class will learn how to Horizontal Rocket Jump and etc. If you don't like this game, either... 1. You don't have a good computer. 2. You don't appreciate a good game. That's my two cents, folks. Expand
  73. $MOB$-DevilDoggSince96
    Aug 2, 2008
    First of all dont pay any attention to few poor reviews from people saying the game lags... they most likely dont have a good computer. Secondly... TF2 is NOT a sequel to TFC... it is a sequel to the original Team Fortress mod for Quake... TFC was just a remake of that mod. Now about TF2... the graphics are totally unique and a nice chance of pace that makes the game stand out. The First of all dont pay any attention to few poor reviews from people saying the game lags... they most likely dont have a good computer. Secondly... TF2 is NOT a sequel to TFC... it is a sequel to the original Team Fortress mod for Quake... TFC was just a remake of that mod. Now about TF2... the graphics are totally unique and a nice chance of pace that makes the game stand out. The gameplay is actually more balanced than the original TF, or TFC for many reasons. At first I missed the grenades from previous versions... but without the grenades you dont have people as any class gren or conc jumping past half of the map. In the early days of TF back in 96 before gren and conc jumping caught on players would have to navigate the map, which meant there was action everywhere. Once the jumps took hold some maps had sections that nobody ever went to (say the 2fort ramp room for example) because they would all jump from their base to the enemy sniper deck and go down the spiral. TF2 allows certain classes like the soldier and demo to rocket or sticky jump, and with the scouts double jump he can also access certain areas faster, but the other classes are forced to fight their way in, and in turn cause the enemy team to defend all areas. The addition of new weapons worried me at first but it didnt hurt the game one bit... it keeps things interesting and none of the new weapons arent really better or worse than the originals. Team Fortress revolutionized multiplayer team games over a decade ago. TFC was popular for a while but died off... TF2 has staying power and is endless amounts of fun. Old school players will miss the grenades at first, but give it a chance, you will fall in love with this game very quickly. Expand
  74. OlivierJ.
    Aug 3, 2008
    great teamplay game
  75. RandallH.
    Sep 18, 2008
    I love the concept of the game. (I do not know why people thing there is no tactics in this game) I have noticed that most of the time your team will loose if you do not have at least one person helping and the team agreeing to do it. (From my perspective) Anyways, aside from that, I would recommend that if at all possible that you do get it with the PC, the console is just not good for I love the concept of the game. (I do not know why people thing there is no tactics in this game) I have noticed that most of the time your team will loose if you do not have at least one person helping and the team agreeing to do it. (From my perspective) Anyways, aside from that, I would recommend that if at all possible that you do get it with the PC, the console is just not good for the game or you can not get the best out of TF2 from console. I will say the cartoony graphics are good, and most people that play the game will not get tired of it, there are some but not many. And with all the new stuff with maps, and gametypes makes it even funnier to play. For the most part the new weapons are in there own way very useful, if you know how to use them and when. I also like that they changed the milestones to get the weapons. It is not just a little easier, but for people that are not the best at the game can at least get one or two of them. The only cons about the game are the Medics achievements. I do think that some of them are a bit silly. Like urbering your friends and urbering the Scout. Actually it scared me when they released the medic. I thought that this would be the result for all the classes but luckily for the most part the other classes so far seem to be reasonable. The only other con is how that some of the PL maps need a fix. The new one that was released with the Heavy pack is better but still tends to favor the defense. And as for Dustbowl (sigh I have played this map too much) Defense is very difficult (when you have Even teams). Overall this game can be one of the best. Actually when I first got Orange Box, I never played TF2 (I have had TF2 just about as long as it has been out) at first I played it but never really enjoyed it. But ever since of May of 2008, I have played more and more of this game enjoying it the more I play it. So for some of you this game could grow (meaning you will enjoy it more) like it did for me. The final score is 9.2 I just rounded Expand
  76. isaacb.
    Jan 19, 2010
    awsome and the best fps i have ever played and i would all so like to say is... TF2 IS THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME ALL TIME!
  77. DanH.
    Nov 27, 2007
    I absolutley enjoy the game, it has excellent gameplay, very varied classes, and great potential. The only thing that keeps me from giving a ten is the lack of Standard maps, but i hope these will be replaced by decent, balanced custom maps.
  78. TimB.
    Nov 28, 2007
    Would be nice if it werent for all the drops with Vista and I have tried all the "fixes" I can find.
  79. KeithM.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Great game well worth the price. Not alot of maps, but the maps that are in the game have tons of replay to them. If you like fast FPS fun then this is the game for you.
  80. AnonymousMC
    Dec 12, 2007
    This game if very addicting and all my friends play it. Although it gets a little more boring as time passed on but that is just due to dumb ass team-mates who sware over Mic. You will also get mad because you die alot. However you can pick your own class and just have fun its a game. Its warth it buy it aslng as you and ur team woth togeather you are sure to win =).
  81. SH
    Dec 13, 2007
    This game is just amazing, some things might be not so cool but they are rarely to spot. Nice multiplayer and great graphics.
  82. KyleO.
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've got to say that I'm not huge into many first-person shooters, but this had everything I liked. It was fast-paced, with well-balanced characters, and overall I love the cartoon-like aspect of it. Of course, some people may not like the wait at certain points, but I'm sure that can be changed. I'd definitely recommend it to something that is a casual online gamer.
  83. AnonymousMC
    Jan 13, 2008
    Many of the people just learning about team fortress don't realize the game actually began as a mod to Quake capture the flag. There were many more maps than even TFC has. The 2 Fort map actually originated from Quake Team Fortress 2fort4. Many of the original maps were simalar to two fort in that both sides had identical bases. I hope that a time comes when someon with talent canMany of the people just learning about team fortress don't realize the game actually began as a mod to Quake capture the flag. There were many more maps than even TFC has. The 2 Fort map actually originated from Quake Team Fortress 2fort4. Many of the original maps were simalar to two fort in that both sides had identical bases. I hope that a time comes when someon with talent can find and adapt the original Team Fortress maps to give some varaiety. That is why I couldn't go with a 10. Expand
  84. LukeM.
    Dec 25, 2008
    Best Game Ever!!!!
  85. AnonymousMC
    Dec 31, 2008
    one of the best online game ever, very competitive and LOTS of content. it might be a bit harsh for new players since there are all those new weapons to unlock and all those maps to get use to but once u get the hang of it, u will not want to hit the exit button
  86. RayR.
    May 31, 2008
    A fun game with cool classes and gr8 maps but i felt that tfc is a little more fun then this multiplayer slice of heaven.
  87. ElijahW.
    Jun 19, 2008
    This game is perfect because of it's balance. Every class plays a specific role in it's team. One bad player and it will show. You really have to make a team effort to win a match. I also want to say that I love the achievement packs that are being released every other month or-so. This really sucks any monotony out of the game and keeps player coming back to try new ideas. With This game is perfect because of it's balance. Every class plays a specific role in it's team. One bad player and it will show. You really have to make a team effort to win a match. I also want to say that I love the achievement packs that are being released every other month or-so. This really sucks any monotony out of the game and keeps player coming back to try new ideas. With every achievement comes a new way to play each and every class. Expand
  88. TimN.
    Jul 17, 2008
    Very addicting game. Most variety of characters and abilities I've seen in a video game. And a good use for every one.
  89. ThomasK.
    Jul 17, 2008
    This game is absolute gold. I feel that the only problem with it is that sometimes with their updates to the specific classes you get a bit of a power shift in classes that takes a while to balance out. Honestly, though, you'll still have loads of fun even while getting slaughtered.
  90. AaronM
    Aug 17, 2008
    I first played Team Fortress 2 on the Playstation 3 version, while trying out the Orange Box. I absolutely loved it, but I didn't like the fact that there were only 6 default maps, and it was full of glitches. So, not long afterwards, I purchased Team Fortress 2 on Steam. I loved it even more than the Playstation 3 version. I've been reading people's reviews, and this last I first played Team Fortress 2 on the Playstation 3 version, while trying out the Orange Box. I absolutely loved it, but I didn't like the fact that there were only 6 default maps, and it was full of glitches. So, not long afterwards, I purchased Team Fortress 2 on Steam. I loved it even more than the Playstation 3 version. I've been reading people's reviews, and this last part of my message is for the guys that give it a red rating. First, for whoever complains about the lack of interest, go and make your own custom maps for the game. Make it how YOU wanted the maps to turn out like, and find out how difficult it is to create a great map. Secondly, for the people complaining about the Medic's achievement pack, what is there to complain about? 39 achievement only for the best of players willing to show off, and three shiny new weapons. (This applies to the Pyro update, and in 2 or 3 days, the Heavy update.) Third, for people who don't appreciate the graphics, what did you expect? Something boring and usual? Also, something else I would like to add. If you think this game fails, YOU fail. Expand
  91. JeremyN.
    Aug 22, 2008
    Team Fortress 2 is Truly a masterpiece. Each map has a fully elaborate environment with a cartoonish feel. Each character/class has a recognizable personality that truly defines the game. Each new update brings more fun to the game, from unlockable weapons to new game modes and maps. In my opinion, Team Fortress 2 is one of the greatest First Person Shooter(FPS) class based game of all time.
  92. TaylorC.
    Sep 13, 2008
    Team Fortress 2 is my favorite multiplayer game ever by far. This game has no deathmatch. The game is instead focused on very strategic gameplay types. There are 9 different character classes and to win, a team must work together with all classes and dominate the other team. If you buy this game, make sure you buy the PC version, it is the only to have updates so far and the updates will Team Fortress 2 is my favorite multiplayer game ever by far. This game has no deathmatch. The game is instead focused on very strategic gameplay types. There are 9 different character classes and to win, a team must work together with all classes and dominate the other team. If you buy this game, make sure you buy the PC version, it is the only to have updates so far and the updates will only be free on PC. The updates however, are not just fixing bugs and balancing. Each update adds new weapons, new maps, and much more and are usually based on one class. Expand
  93. asdffdsa
    Sep 27, 2008
    This is the best FPS I've played in a while. Only problem is the limited number of maps if you don't have it for PC. If you have it for the PC though, you're doing great. Seriously, 9 classes, no under or overpowered ones. Leave it to Valve to find a way to do that.
  94. AlexC
    Dec 19, 2009
    From most of the multiplayer games, this game would be selected as the most craziest kind of game to have! TF2 is best used as something to play when your just ready to play a bit of team! But even though the game is called Team Fortress 2. It doesnt exactly live up to its name. Most players ignore for a medic. And when someone needs assistance. most people ignore. Bit still. games holds From most of the multiplayer games, this game would be selected as the most craziest kind of game to have! TF2 is best used as something to play when your just ready to play a bit of team! But even though the game is called Team Fortress 2. It doesnt exactly live up to its name. Most players ignore for a medic. And when someone needs assistance. most people ignore. Bit still. games holds a great amount of awesomness Expand
  95. LeeW
    Jul 21, 2009
    Probably one of the top multi-player games of this decade. Very well balanced between the classes although people would have you believe they're not balanced at all. As ever with most Valve games I think the support is amazing and we constantly see improvements added and of course the much loved class updates. Splendid map design and everyone loves the SDK allowing the community to Probably one of the top multi-player games of this decade. Very well balanced between the classes although people would have you believe they're not balanced at all. As ever with most Valve games I think the support is amazing and we constantly see improvements added and of course the much loved class updates. Splendid map design and everyone loves the SDK allowing the community to add to the game as well. All hosted on steam which allows for seem less updating. Great game, 9 stars because with everything there is room for a little improvement. Expand
  96. yourmother
    Dec 26, 2009
    a good game overall granted some times it can get stale but thats what the thousands upon thousands of custom maps and gmaetypes are for ive actualy seen some idiots COMPLAINING about custom maps...as well as a bunch of other stuff thats untrue completely (ie lag no teamwork and unbalanced) look around this and look at every bad vote, there all complete crap with nothing to support it one a good game overall granted some times it can get stale but thats what the thousands upon thousands of custom maps and gmaetypes are for ive actualy seen some idiots COMPLAINING about custom maps...as well as a bunch of other stuff thats untrue completely (ie lag no teamwork and unbalanced) look around this and look at every bad vote, there all complete crap with nothing to support it one of the complaints is: i get killed within 5 seconds of joining a server. i mean come on thats teh best these bad crtitics can come up with... the anti cheat is insanely good i havent seen a hacker in any vac game since i started playing vac games (2003) the only think that i can think of thats bad in this game is its not tactical its more of a drop in and play kinda game...and alot of people like those games anyways :P Expand
  97. Oct 8, 2010
    Great game, More developers should look at what value is doing with this game, this game has the greatest support for its community. The big thing is they keep adding to this game making it better and more enjoyable and on top of that they do it all for free which tells you that they want you to keep playing there product because you know that they love it as much as you do. The downsideGreat game, More developers should look at what value is doing with this game, this game has the greatest support for its community. The big thing is they keep adding to this game making it better and more enjoyable and on top of that they do it all for free which tells you that they want you to keep playing there product because you know that they love it as much as you do. The downside if any is there is no solo player which means if your internet goes down then you won't be able to enjoy the game. I highly recommend buying this game because they are currently still adding to it and that just amazing. Expand
  98. Dec 9, 2010
    I found Team Fortress 2 Fun in short bursts but beyond that it gets a bit repetitive. Everything about the game however is highly polished as we have come to expect from Valve. I find the way people Grind for game items quite offputting & boring. I think the game would be a lot better if it gave the regular rewards for active playing (ontop of the achievement ones and randoms) Instead ofI found Team Fortress 2 Fun in short bursts but beyond that it gets a bit repetitive. Everything about the game however is highly polished as we have come to expect from Valve. I find the way people Grind for game items quite offputting & boring. I think the game would be a lot better if it gave the regular rewards for active playing (ontop of the achievement ones and randoms) Instead of just awarding them randomly for X hours played. Expand
  99. Dec 15, 2010
    I love this game its like the best game I have ever played. Its got new weapons you can get for your character, hats you can put on your character, rename weapons, and it is really funny. Get the one for PC because that is the best and the one for the rst of the systems sucks. Seriously I love this game, I love it, love it, love it, love it, love it and I never wana stop playing it> II love this game its like the best game I have ever played. Its got new weapons you can get for your character, hats you can put on your character, rename weapons, and it is really funny. Get the one for PC because that is the best and the one for the rst of the systems sucks. Seriously I love this game, I love it, love it, love it, love it, love it and I never wana stop playing it> I would give it a 12 out of 10 because it is so awesome. Expand
  100. Dec 10, 2010
    Just a summary:

+ Very many players (Due the filter, it is easy to join the correct server - not overfilled but many players) + Very many maps (so everybody can choose, which map & gameplay mode he/she wants) + Good sound and music + Cool gamemodes, so you'll never be bored + Masses on classes (cool to say that, isn't it?) 9 classes which complete own skills and abilities. What do you
    Just a summary:

+ Good sound and music
    + Cool gamemodes, so you'll never be bored
    + Masses on classes (cool to say that, isn't it?) 9 classes which complete own skills and abilities. What do you want more?

- VAC isn't the best method to ban cheaters. There are many scripts, that are undetected til now.

I could write pages full of positives, but only 1 negative. So what are you waiting for? You look for a fantastic, also (depends on gamemode) strategic shooter? You're right with this game. You don't need a MoH or CoD, nor CS or CS:S. Trust me.

Im Claymore, age of 29 years and i hope, you enjoy a fantastic game.

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.