9.2

1. Jun 3, 2013
    the funniest game i ever played online... from the artistic point of view is awesome, and the gameplay is perfect... i cant' think of any way this game can be better than how it is... now that it bacema a free to play game i see no reason for not playing it!
  2. May 11, 2013
    What can i say that hasn't been said? Its one of the best FPS's of all time. The few complaints with it i have are mainly server problems that still continue to keep me from playing this game sometimes, and Spies. I hate Spies. And yet i cant get mad because spies are difficult to play, and if you got good with them congrats cause i suck at playing spy.
  3. Nov 23, 2013
    Tf2 one of the best games i'll ever play in my life so addicting so entertaining, people say the game got ruined because of the weapons and the store well that's not true unlike many games tf2 is not a pay to win game and people often get confused the new weapon they find is isn't better than their old one no it isn't and in most cases the default weapon i much better since the others haveTf2 one of the best games i'll ever play in my life so addicting so entertaining, people say the game got ruined because of the weapons and the store well that's not true unlike many games tf2 is not a pay to win game and people often get confused the new weapon they find is isn't better than their old one no it isn't and in most cases the default weapon i much better since the others have ups and downs but it actually depends on your style and what situation you are in and there are many ways to find these items, you acquire them via drop system, you trade them with other people,you do achievements or buy them but don't do that only spend 5 dollars on the game so you have a better drop rate. There are many other different items including hats which do not affect gameplay but affects what other players think of you and the most expensive hat is a unusual team captain I think worth about $4000 usd Expand
  4. Dec 22, 2013
    Definition of awesomeness It´s pretty much boring alone, but once you have a friend playing, this game gets really funny and you can play it for days. There´s always something new to try.
  5. Aug 20, 2014
    Ladies and gentlemen, here is a really strong contender (and provably the winner) of the best free-to play of all time awards!!!!!! Now the reason I liked and promoted the game so much, is because that it came to me at a time where I thought "Is there even a single free-to play game on the market that you can play for more than an hour and not get bored?" Here is the answer folks, TF2,Ladies and gentlemen, here is a really strong contender (and provably the winner) of the best free-to play of all time awards!!!!!! Now the reason I liked and promoted the game so much, is because that it came to me at a time where I thought "Is there even a single free-to play game on the market that you can play for more than an hour and not get bored?" Here is the answer folks, TF2, waiting you for free!!

To be serious though, the fast and fluid gameplay involves 9 different classes, each with their own set of weapons, stats and personalities. By playing more you get access to new weapons, items and most importantly hats!!!! (Just kidding though, in reality I don't give a **** about hats but that's my opinion)

Even though the controls are a bit difficult to adapt to if you are playing with a gamepad, you get used to it in just a few matches.

However I will say that the matches are a bit longer than i can comprehend. I just quit after the second round cause that is enough for me.

In overall the game is a 9/10 for me, a nigh perfect game.
  6. Oct 9, 2014
    This game is my personal favorite game ever.Its not perfect, but IT'S FREE!!!!!
    Now,I never played the first game, so I won't compare it to that.The game(if you play for a while) is much more balanced.At least one class can kill an another easily,and a different class can kill that class easily.
    There is 9 different classes in the game: scout:fast ,objective captureing speed.least
    This game is my personal favorite game ever.Its not perfect, but IT'S FREE!!!!!
    There is 9 different classes in the game:

scout:fast ,objective captureing speed.least health.
    soldier:slow,has a rocket launcher that can let you rocket jump,lots of health.
    pyro: medium speed,has a flamethrower,fire proof,mediam health.
    demoman: slow,has granade and sticky granade launcher,has good health.
    heavy: slowest,has a minigun,has the most health.
    engineer:medium speed,can build sentry guns and teliporters,least health.
    medic:medium speed,has a medi gun that heals teammates, medium health.
    sniper,medium speed,has a sniper, least health.
    spy:medium speed, can disguise as other team,turns invisible,insta kill knife,least health.

all classes have different unlockable weapons and hats,but new players don't have any,so they will be stomped to death...so,yeah.it is tough for new players,but still fun.

The game is very cartoony,which is great.Call of Duty takes itself too seriously.this game is so funny.demos drunken insults, heavy eating his sandwich in an intence fire fight,and the snipers pee jar that he throws at people.
    the game also has tons of lore,but not in the game.there are many comics on www.teamfortress.com.
    there is also videos about the game.meat the (class) and expiration date are videos you can find on youtube.

team fortress 2 is a great game,but there is no reason to make tf3 (which will never happen,because 3)

anyway,the game is good,valve is amazing,half life 3 confirmed...have a nice day.
  7. DME
    Jul 10, 2012
    Team Fortress 2 has gotten a really bad rep for making some huge mistakes. However, these mistakes have been resolved. All weapons are balanced again, including the unlockable ones. Cosmetics do not drastically change the appearance of a player. Players no longer trade things in the middle of a match and are actually playing objectively now. Spies can no longer attack while invisible.Team Fortress 2 has gotten a really bad rep for making some huge mistakes. However, these mistakes have been resolved. All weapons are balanced again, including the unlockable ones. Cosmetics do not drastically change the appearance of a player. Players no longer trade things in the middle of a match and are actually playing objectively now. Spies can no longer attack while invisible. And the biggest part, there's no longer massive updates every week. So you can spend more time playing and less time downloading things. With all these fixes, TF2 is an amazing and deep strategic shooter with lots of content, servers, and players, yet surprisingly remains hacker-free. Expand
  8. Mar 12, 2013
    A game that every self respecting fps or any gamer on that matter should have in his/her collection, because it's an absolute blast. VALVe has once again crafted a masterpiece.
    Graphics and atmosphere: this game is an absolute eye candy, even to this day its distinct style and atmosphere gives it a unique personality. Sound effects and narration from ever mercenary are superb to say the least, the humor, the music and the way team members interact is a great way for player to be immersed into this world. (Oh, by the way, Pyro is a walking mystery)
    Gameplay: every mercenary has his own set of weapons, which makes match varied, interesting and most importantly balanced. Another absolutely brilliant thing is the way classes interact. Many attacks have their counter-attacks, which means that no class can be the most powerful or superior to other classes. For example engineers sentries can be considered to be the most powerful weapons in the game but if opponent is smart he/she can demolish your hard work by stabbing engi in the back, sapping the sentry, blowing it with sticky bombs or with sniper rifle out long range, or request help from medic and together they'll tear the apart with Uber. And that's the beauty of the game: variety and team work.
    If you like, you can check your stats of how well you've played in your account. Many servers supports Replay option, which let's you to rewatch moments of your battles in servers.
    Other.. stuff...: beside fun competitive gameplay there's also co-op, which will test your strategy, team work and skill against hordes of robotic copies of the mercenaries. Believe me, co-op is an absolute blast. Probably another key feature of what makes this game a great experience is its Mann-conomy, which is a built in trading system and shop of various items, most notably the hats and new weapons. You can buy hats with real money, or trade them with other people, or craft them or find them... And all of that still keeps the community to grow and act like a busy hive. (it's been about 6 years since TF2 has launched and the community is very active, again proving the ingenuity of Valve)
    Now here comes the fun part this whole package is absolutely free (except hats and trading until you go premium, but premium can cost you just about 30 cents) so it would be silly not to try it out.
  9. Mar 9, 2013
    Not much to say about this masterpiece of a game except the recent choices it has made such as the mann-conomy, micro transactions, Free-2-Play and the other bogus, plaguing/plagued the game with lag, crashes, DRM delay, hitbox denials and one of the worst communities of all time. Yet I'm still playing it now over 2000 hours to count. Why? Because It's a fun game and I sincerely wish thatNot much to say about this masterpiece of a game except the recent choices it has made such as the mann-conomy, micro transactions, Free-2-Play and the other bogus, plaguing/plagued the game with lag, crashes, DRM delay, hitbox denials and one of the worst communities of all time. Yet I'm still playing it now over 2000 hours to count. Why? Because It's a fun game and I sincerely wish that more game developers would take after it's old ideals instead of pushing crap like CoD through the sneeze tubes that is the entertainment industry today. Expand
  10. Feb 1, 2011
    best game ever,because tf2 is so funny,balanced,dont have retarded players and more.click on steam and play with tf2 players(game have 30 official maps and thos are very good
  11. Jan 3, 2011
    This is an awesome game, it is one of the best games ever. Seriously this game is lots of fun especially if you have some friends to play with. It is a pure team based online game with very fun characters, sounds and a variety of maps. Even for a 3 year old game like this the developers are actively supporting the game with fresh updates and fixes. I would definetly recommend this game to anyone!
  12. Jan 3, 2011
    Valve have done it again! 3 years after launch, this game still has a community that is bulging at the seams! It's no wonder! With the constant updates and free, new content, this epic, team based shooter will be kickin on strong in another 3 years.....p.s it has HATS!
  13. Feb 17, 2011
    Otimo jogo, jogabilidade extremamente viciante, mapas ótimos, classs diferenciadas, achievements e items para desbloquear. Típico jogo que você joga por 2 horas e volta depois pra jogar mais.
  14. Feb 23, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is pretty much the best multiplayer game around. 9 completely different classes and plenty of weapons for each one (most of them added in recent updates). Plus vanity items - tons of awesome hats.
  15. Feb 26, 2011
    Keep in mind I rounded up from a 9.6. This game is a perfect example of how VALVe can make a good looking game exceed expectations, and a perfect example of how the community can make a game they have crafted to perfection even better. The first place to start: the classes. Each one has a unique feeling, making it almost impossible to compare them. They are for the most part balanced.Keep in mind I rounded up from a 9.6. This game is a perfect example of how VALVe can make a good looking game exceed expectations, and a perfect example of how the community can make a game they have crafted to perfection even better. The first place to start: the classes. Each one has a unique feeling, making it almost impossible to compare them. They are for the most part balanced. Granted some are more over or under powered than others. They all have variety and equality. The gameplay: the meat, what we really want as a gamer, my next topic. First I should say that everything is not to be taken seriously, from the weapon descriptions, the lines the stereotypical characters say, or even the over the top level of blood and gore, everything has a pinch, or a bucketful, of humor. The art style: the style of art is one of the most original i have seen to date. The updates: there are frequently updates so you will almost never get bored but one time out of 10 you will get bored because there wasn't enough content in the update and stop playing for a while. Make no mistake though you will be playing this into the wee hours of the night. Expand
  16. Jun 14, 2011
    TF2 is an awesome team building multiplayer game. Even though the cartoon graphics which are a downside but this teaches players to use teamwork to solve puzzles and complete games. It has childish games and missions while being able to have laughs and fun solving them.
  17. Feb 7, 2014
    I've been playing this game for years now. Gotta say without a doubt that its one of the best FPS games made to date. Sure it doesn't have the "realism" of games like Call of Duty or Battlefield but it makes up for that with smooth and engaging gameplay. The devs have been great about keeping the game updated and fresh.

True, many will point out that the current game is nothing like the

True, many will point out that the current game is nothing like the game when it first came out. The addition of hats and new weapons completely turned the game upside down. However, as crazy as it may seem right now, the changes have kept this games community thriving and has made fresh could've gone stale years ago. Kudos Valve for this masterpiece!
  18. May 5, 2013
    I've been on Metacritic for a while and I can't believe I haven't reviewed Team Fotress 2 yet. Team Fortress 2 has and always will be the best multiplayer game. Ever. I'm not always a fan of multiplayer, but Team Fortress 2 is different. Oh. It's a free to play now. You'd be an idiot not to try TF2 out. Bottom line, Team Fortress 2 is just perfect.
  19. Mar 22, 2012
    I don't give this a 10 because of all the hats, and the unnecessary amount of new weapons valve are adding all the time. I get that they had to change it up a bit after making it F2P, but as and "old" TF2 gamer i don't like it. But I do like that I can play with my vanilla setup and still don't get owned by all these new weapons. TF2 has always been my "go-to" game when I'm not playing anyI don't give this a 10 because of all the hats, and the unnecessary amount of new weapons valve are adding all the time. I get that they had to change it up a bit after making it F2P, but as and "old" TF2 gamer i don't like it. But I do like that I can play with my vanilla setup and still don't get owned by all these new weapons. TF2 has always been my "go-to" game when I'm not playing any new games, and it will continue to be for a long time. It's great fun. Expand
  20. May 13, 2012
    This is probably the best FPS I've ever played. The style, the story and the caharacters are really witty. Like it's predecessors it takes class based combat to a new level.

The only bad things about it: since it got free lots of inexperienced players that used to play frag based games got into it in huge numbers making most games feel like you are playing alone while everyone else just tries to get frags. So then I guessed it was time to move to competitive play only to discover that they prohibit tons of weapons from it and they they generally have very strict rules. So they decided to ruin the game by banning everything that is able to kill a rocket-jumping soldier. Just because they decided to focus on rocketjumping (like it's the sole thing that requires skill in TF2) they had to ban anything new that ruined their precious skill. Those guys are complete morons and they should really state that they are not actually playing TF2. They are playing a tiny subset of TF2 that suits them.
  21. Jun 12, 2012
    So I have to admit, I am not a fan of all these crappy item updates, but this game itself I have played for 5 years, or more now. This is one of the best games i have played ever that is multilayer, comparable only to star-craft and counterstrike 10/10always( i want to say unreal 2004 but i never played)
  22. Mar 6, 2013
    I've played it since inception. Free to play, designed by valve. No design flaws, perfectly refined. The item system is great. It makes money for valve/steam but at the same time, it doesn't put anyone else at an advantage. What's not to love?
  23. Mar 4, 2012
    when i first went on this game i thought this will get boring. I WAS WRONG. i have played countless hours of this game because it features good gameplay with smart players (unlike call of duty) but if you are the kind of guy who cares about graphics and isn't very patient don't get this game because at the start you start with bad weapons but when you get some achievements you get some 5when i first went on this game i thought this will get boring. I WAS WRONG. i have played countless hours of this game because it features good gameplay with smart players (unlike call of duty) but if you are the kind of guy who cares about graphics and isn't very patient don't get this game because at the start you start with bad weapons but when you get some achievements you get some 5 star weapons. the classes are balanced, but each class has at least one over powered weapon. this is also a game with still packed servers and no hackers. Expand
  24. Jul 10, 2012
    This is by far the best competitive FPS out there, after all these years it stays fresh and original, it takes more skill than your standard FPS. The games art style is beautiful and even though some people think that ridiculous hats ruin the style it'll take a bit more than that to make this game look bad. Despite the lack of a story this games characters each have their own personalitiesThis is by far the best competitive FPS out there, after all these years it stays fresh and original, it takes more skill than your standard FPS. The games art style is beautiful and even though some people think that ridiculous hats ruin the style it'll take a bit more than that to make this game look bad. Despite the lack of a story this games characters each have their own personalities to them, each of them humorous in their own way. Anyone who thinks this game is bad either isn't a fan of FPS games or is just straight out bad at it. Expand
  25. Dec 2, 2012
    IF I was rating this game if it came out today with all of the hats I would give it a much lower rating, maybe a 6. However, in 2007, when the game came out this game was pure gold, there was so much polish that you would get blinded by the amount of time they put in this game (9 years in development) The game has unfortunately lost a lot of polish (hence the 9) and has gained a badIF I was rating this game if it came out today with all of the hats I would give it a much lower rating, maybe a 6. However, in 2007, when the game came out this game was pure gold, there was so much polish that you would get blinded by the amount of time they put in this game (9 years in development) The game has unfortunately lost a lot of polish (hence the 9) and has gained a bad reputation as a "hat simulator" however if you look past all of the hats and look at the actually game-play you will be delighted to see that it isn't a point and click adventure but instead a game which every class (not all of the new weapons though) is balanced perfectly, and can be credit to the team and doesn't give you the feeling that your class is useless. The best part about this game is that it is replay-able to the point where you question where those 100+ hours went. It also has graphics which don't require a supercomputer to play it (you do need a computer with some power, and might need to lower the graphics, but at least it isn't like BF3) In short, this game was amazing when it came out, and is still pretty good, but it has turned into a big fashion show with guns. Expand
  26. Feb 16, 2015
    Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money.
  27. Sep 9, 2014
    There's nothing I can say about this game that hasn't already been said, but I will say this: Team Fortress 2 is the best FPS multiplayer game ever developed. The game never gets dull. There will be points where you'll get tired of playing, but every time you load it back up you'll find yourself once again addicted.
  28. Mar 11, 2012
    HATS HATS HATS but still this game is awesome and free thats all i have to say about but i just need 150 characters to fill up this review so i can submit it
  29. Feb 14, 2012
    Brilliant game. Beautiful art style, balanced game play, and interesting characters. What more could a gamer ask for?

For all the new weaponry, hats, and misc. items, it all boils down to how well the team works together. This is the game that pushes you into understanding the value of teamwork and communication. You are nothing without your team, and this game hammers it home more than you'd think. You can have the most "op" weapon you can get your hands on, but without your team to watch your back you can be taken down by someone with the default load-out. And I like that. I like that it's not a one-man-show. The team winning or losing depends on the team, and that's what makes playing with friends and strangers alike so much fun. You get the occasional bad teammate ("It's all YOUR fault we lost!" "That weapon is so op, they should get rid of it" etc) but if you find the right server then it's not a problem. After playing for a year (on the same server, too) I've found that most TF2 players are, for the most part, creatures of habit. They go on about the same time, on the same days, etc. So finding a good server's pretty easy. Just hang around a server a couple times and see who the regulars are, you'll find the server that fits you eventually.
  30. Feb 16, 2012
    If you are a PC gamer than you can be rest-assured that 90% of the First-Person Shooters and Third-Person Shooters you play at least have features modeled after TF2. I can't, in good conscious, give this game a 10 however. It is very good, but not perfect. The customization is lacking, you can't actually customize the weapons themselves; although you can craft weapons. On holidays, youIf you are a PC gamer than you can be rest-assured that 90% of the First-Person Shooters and Third-Person Shooters you play at least have features modeled after TF2. I can't, in good conscious, give this game a 10 however. It is very good, but not perfect. The customization is lacking, you can't actually customize the weapons themselves; although you can craft weapons. On holidays, you also get free hats and costumes, and even weapons sometimes. Valve out-did themselves here but they just didn't put in that certain something that truly sets this title apart from ALL other. All that being said, I am always up to a friendly game of TF2. It really takes the cake when it comes to excellent gaming experience, but there is much room for improvement. All the brighter side, this is one of the only game I've ever seen to be constantly updated, modded, hold (unofficial) clans, and just all-around good times for 5 consecutive years. And even though it is 5 years old it is still state-of-the-art for our gaming age. I highly recommend you download this game and enjoy every moment of it because it isn't going anywhere anytime soon. On top of that, it's free-to-play and updates like 2-3 times a week with new stuff. It is also NOT one of those games where you buy a gun for real cash and then you lose it within a week or two. Weapons are yours until you trade them away, destroy them for scrap metal, or somehow a black hole pops out and snags all of your stuff. Which almost never happens. Anyways, I thoroughly enjoy this game and wish I had more time to play it, but for now I'll pass the word on to the public. My Steam: HollowmanS Expand
  31. Apr 22, 2015
    Greatest fun I've ever had on any multiplayer shooter! Loads of variety and laughs to keep you coming back for more! *Valve's storm of action and laughter fires all 10 bullets!*
  32. Jan 6, 2014
    It's really hard to pinpoint any negative aspect in this game. Like it intends to, the game emphasizes teamwork with nine classes that are all balanced and have distinctly different roles and abilities. The vast arsenal of weapons you get allow for multiple playstyles and strategies. Valve updates the game on a regular basis, and as of now there are more than enough maps to play on withIt's really hard to pinpoint any negative aspect in this game. Like it intends to, the game emphasizes teamwork with nine classes that are all balanced and have distinctly different roles and abilities. The vast arsenal of weapons you get allow for multiple playstyles and strategies. Valve updates the game on a regular basis, and as of now there are more than enough maps to play on with many different gamemodes. So as you can see, there's a great deal of variety. Sound design is excellent throughout, and the brilliant visual style still looks great years after its release. Highly recommended for FPS fans. Expand
  33. Mar 1, 2012
    valve game always good,it almost no bug,tf2 is a really fun good game,it can bring u happiness and make u exciting ,not like mw3,it is just a rubbish.valve fair good game always win at last
  34. Mar 30, 2012
    This game contains hats, therefor it is the best game ever created. You can also shoot. But you can trade also, this is fun because hats. I like hats. 10/10 would play again.
  35. Mar 15, 2012
    This is the best multiplayer FPS game currently available, without question. The nonstandard weapons are well balanced. None are direct upgrades or golden hammers, and none is better than another in all situations, although some are rarely useful. There is a large community of custom map makers. The loot is interesting without being a grind or a barrier to the existence of balancedThis is the best multiplayer FPS game currently available, without question. The nonstandard weapons are well balanced. None are direct upgrades or golden hammers, and none is better than another in all situations, although some are rarely useful. There is a large community of custom map makers. The loot is interesting without being a grind or a barrier to the existence of balanced competitive gameplay like it is in every MMO ever. I hated the recent gratuitous mmorpg-ification of games due to WoW (it ruined AOE3+, ruined COD2+, and ruined Warcraft 3 which was MMORPGified for the sole purpose of being a hook into WoW which was already under development). So it is refreshing that TF2 has managed to get the best of both worlds -- give people MMORPG-like rewards without ruining of the balance and feel of competitive gameplay like every other MMORPGified game ever. If you don't have the loot, it is no big deal, and you can still play effectively with any class. Expand
  36. Mar 25, 2012
    The single best shooter I have ever played. Seriously. This excellent team based shooter will suck you right in. The skill level is great, and the organized competitive events are awesome.
  37. Mar 29, 2012
    Hugely entertaining, suitably humorous and mildly addictive. Quirky FPS's like this need to be more in number. Despite the comical models, the game is fairly in-depth and requires skill to do well. This skill can be honed in any one of nine classes, and each class provides a fresh perspective on a match. The support by Valve is tremendous, and the Steam workshop is intuitive. Doesn't getHugely entertaining, suitably humorous and mildly addictive. Quirky FPS's like this need to be more in number. Despite the comical models, the game is fairly in-depth and requires skill to do well. This skill can be honed in any one of nine classes, and each class provides a fresh perspective on a match. The support by Valve is tremendous, and the Steam workshop is intuitive. Doesn't get much better than this. Oh, for those who are wondering, I bought this before it became FTP, and the quality of the game has not diminished that significantly. Good games never die. Expand
  38. Apr 5, 2012
    I really enjoy this game a lot. The only thing preventing it from being 10 is I wish there was a leveling system of some sort with matchmaking. That is just a personal preference though. I really enjoy this game a lot.
  39. Apr 9, 2012
    I love this game, personally. It's so much more different from the mainstream stuff such as CoD and Battlefield. And yes, the classes are quite balanced. Each class has its own specific strengths, weaknesses, and counters by other classes. The hats are a nice addition to the game, and if you don't like the idea of hat collecting, nobody is making you pay for anything. It's got wonderfulI love this game, personally. It's so much more different from the mainstream stuff such as CoD and Battlefield. And yes, the classes are quite balanced. Each class has its own specific strengths, weaknesses, and counters by other classes. The hats are a nice addition to the game, and if you don't like the idea of hat collecting, nobody is making you pay for anything. It's got wonderful replay value and best of all, you can play it for free. I seriously recommend this game to anyone. You'll lose nothing from giving it a try. Expand
  40. Apr 18, 2012
    This game is very fun, and long lasting. Even now they are still currently adding weapons, and now with the Steam Workshop available, those with great ideas and modeling skills can submit their items and it will get published! However people will think if you don't have any hats, you wont really be considered "cool" if you might say. Ignore this. Just play the game and have fun. Once youThis game is very fun, and long lasting. Even now they are still currently adding weapons, and now with the Steam Workshop available, those with great ideas and modeling skills can submit their items and it will get published! However people will think if you don't have any hats, you wont really be considered "cool" if you might say. Ignore this. Just play the game and have fun. Once you get skilled, you'll have hats, and if you don't, people will not make fun of you for being a F2P. Expand
  41. Nov 2, 2013
    The best Free-to-Play game on the market today. Perfectly balanced, amazing gameplay, great cartoon-y style and an amazing community that provides unique ways to play the game. Definitely pick this up, no question.
  42. Apr 22, 2012
    Fun game+tons of HATS !
    Must...have...HATS !
    Seriously it's free now, you couldn't just be more lucky, or if you want to become a premium user just buy something from the mann.co store.
  43. Apr 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best game I've ever played, it's absolutely worth every penny down to the detail and fun that the game actually is, it's great, and It deserves respect for the time it took to make, the though about lots of things before releasing it to make it more fun (if you list to the commentary node) It's a wonderful game for veterans, news anyone, everyone can enjoy it if you like FPS with a cartoonish style. Expand
  44. May 4, 2012
    I really enjoy this game. But what gets under my skin is the community. What they lack fro common sense they blame Valve and what I mean by common sense is NOT BUYING STUFF FROM THE STORE OR DELETING ITEMS THAT THEY DON'T WANT!. Apparently the community has forgotten that there is a delete feature in this game along with the crafting feature. I got an email from Jeff Bennet who said thatI really enjoy this game. But what gets under my skin is the community. What they lack fro common sense they blame Valve and what I mean by common sense is NOT BUYING STUFF FROM THE STORE OR DELETING ITEMS THAT THEY DON'T WANT!. Apparently the community has forgotten that there is a delete feature in this game along with the crafting feature. I got an email from Jeff Bennet who said that the stamps you buy go towards the creators of the maps and the ring from Valentine's day went towards someone's actual proposal. Valve does NOT take the profits! They go towards the community! So if you think Valve is greedy then think again! They care very much for their costumers, but it's sad that the community can't return the favor. Expand
  45. May 6, 2012
    Flawless hat simulator! You start off as a poor irish unfortunate with nothing but the will to build the biggest tower of hats any gentlemanne of leisure has ever gased upon. From ghastly gibus to burning team captain team hatress 2 promises a rolercoaster ride of emotion, backstabs and hats.
    Download today!
  46. May 8, 2012
    This is one of the most fun games you can play on your PC in a long time. You can't beat the price (free!) and the gameplay is top notch. The cartoonish graphics age well and easily keep it looking fresh. Download it now!
  47. May 10, 2012
    The Classes in this game are excellently balanced.

-Medic -Scout -Soldier -Demoman -Spy -Engineer -Pyro -Heavy Best Multiplayer game. This game is not about individuals kicking ass but an individual kicking ass helps. You NEED a team that functions properly to succeed. You need a medic giving heals, you need an engineer defending your base and you need Heavies/Soldiers/Demomen/Scouts
    The Classes in this game are excellently balanced.

-Medic
    -Scout
    -Soldier
    -Demoman
    -Spy
    -Engineer
    -Pyro
    -Heavy

Best Multiplayer game. This game is not about individuals kicking ass but an individual kicking ass helps. You NEED a team that functions properly to succeed. You need a medic giving heals, you need an engineer defending your base and you need Heavies/Soldiers/Demomen/Scouts attacking. The game is regularly updated with patches and is FREE. It's also not Pay to Win, It's Pay for Hats.
  48. May 15, 2012
    TF2 is very addictive, different then other all fps games, custom weapons, hats ,misc items,classes, maps,mods everything you need in this game and this game have very high skilllevel.(maybe some classes dont have much)

It is the best game i have played in my entire life.
  49. Jun 27, 2012
    It might not be for people who like realistic games, but I reccomend it to anyone who enjoys fast paced, and quick gun combat.. Constant updates keep fans engaged. Get 3 friends and get to building a better way to play this game.
  50. May 19, 2012
    Absolutely fantastic. A gloriously fun and hilarious game. The gameplay for actually playing the game is wonderful. Definitely the best free game I have ever played.
  51. May 30, 2012
    Love this game and everything about it. Been playing for about 6 months now and every moment is enjoyable. If you love FPS gaming with teamwork, this is the game for you.
  52. May 31, 2012
    No matter if you are old school and liked it vanilla, no matter if you instead like how it is now with its renewed checks and balances, no matter if you think hats are a good thing or a bad thing, optional or not, this game is probably the closer thing to perfection you'll ever get. If you don't think so, think again. If it IS not so, they are trying hard every time to improve it,No matter if you are old school and liked it vanilla, no matter if you instead like how it is now with its renewed checks and balances, no matter if you think hats are a good thing or a bad thing, optional or not, this game is probably the closer thing to perfection you'll ever get. If you don't think so, think again. If it IS not so, they are trying hard every time to improve it, maintaining that indie game spirit in contact with its community even after Valve became a colossus of a game industry. Everytime you complain about balance, even if in your head you apparently came up with what sounds to you like a good point, think of yourself in third person and verify if that is not if you are losing. If you are still not convinced, still think of any possible similar (which is already hard) FPS and realize that the balance is still the best there is. Who complains about these things is only right in a very small percentage of cases, in which Valve has shown to be willing to fix weapons that had been out for a lot of time already (es.: Sandvich). The only negative point I'll state is the Mannconomy. Not because users are sharks, that's their fault and not the game's, but mostly because it makes you think it's optional but uses the usual korean-mmorpg-like mindgames to almost make it non optional, cutting you a bit out of the game if you are not part of the market, not to mention the idea of crates which is pure money-sucking (buying for lottery tickets). Still, if these usually **** ideas are put there to fund such a great game, this complaint might as well be ignored. Expand
  53. Jul 2, 2012
    This game is one of my favorites, and by far one of the most amazing first person shooters of all time. Im never bored and spend way too much time playing, it's also insanely addictive. If I get tired of one character theres 8 more behind him, and each character is fun and serves credit to the team. In a red vs blue battle you play as the: heavy with big weapons, scout who's fast, a medicThis game is one of my favorites, and by far one of the most amazing first person shooters of all time. Im never bored and spend way too much time playing, it's also insanely addictive. If I get tired of one character theres 8 more behind him, and each character is fun and serves credit to the team. In a red vs blue battle you play as the: heavy with big weapons, scout who's fast, a medic who heals, a engineer who builds machines, a demo man, sniper, spy who can disguise as players on the other team, a pyro with a flamethrower, and a soldier with a rocket launcher. Theres no campaign, and as of right now there is 8 different game modes. This game rocks, and you can't pass it up. Expand
  54. Jun 21, 2012
    When it comes to the average first person shooter, Team Fortress 2 is really unique. It isn't like most first person shooters where you just pump your enemies full of lead. It has a lot more content and mechanics involved, in addition to having many gamemodes. The classes are all different and for the most part balanced. You can choose a swift class, the Scout, to complete objectives suchWhen it comes to the average first person shooter, Team Fortress 2 is really unique. It isn't like most first person shooters where you just pump your enemies full of lead. It has a lot more content and mechanics involved, in addition to having many gamemodes. The classes are all different and for the most part balanced. You can choose a swift class, the Scout, to complete objectives such as capturing the flag or capturing a point. You can choose a slow but tough class, such as the Heavy, to mow down enemies and defend points. You can choose a stealthy, low profile class, such as the Spy, and silently infiltrate the enemy's ranks. So many different possibilities with this game! To make it even better, it's free. Most weapons and items can be found in-game just by playing. It makes you want to buy items, though, because of how great the game is. I definitely recommend this as a fun game or as a change from the normal first person shooters. Expand
  55. Jul 2, 2012
    This game is Perfect, And it gets better every time valve update it.

Graphics-10/10 Gameplay-11/10 Re-playability-100/10 It was the best game in 2007 and it still is now! Continuous updates, huge community, huge eco-system and now it's FREE! Just a note to some reviewers here, giving the game a low score because you want a refund because it's free now is a lame excuse, I've put
    This game is Perfect, And it gets better every time valve update it.

Graphics-10/10
    Gameplay-11/10
    Re-playability-100/10

Just a note to some reviewers here, giving the game a low score because you want a refund because it's free now is a lame excuse, I've put about £70 in total into this game since I bought it in 2007 and i never want a single penny to be refunded as this game was worth every penny.

If i could i'd give it 1000000/10, but sadly metacritic only lets me go to 10 :')
  56. Jan 16, 2014
    One of the best online multiplayer shooters ever made. It's the very definition of how a game should be balanced. Even though I have over 250 games in my Steam library and plenty of online shooters to choose from, I always find myself coming back and playing a few rounds on my favorite servers.
  57. Jul 8, 2012
    It took a lot of time to download this game but it was definitely worth the wait. It's a great multiplayer experiece. There are nine different characters to choose from with their own abilities and weapons. It is important that you and your team works together, a fully functional team consist of all the characters. Through the game you obtain random items such as weapons and hats to equipIt took a lot of time to download this game but it was definitely worth the wait. It's a great multiplayer experiece. There are nine different characters to choose from with their own abilities and weapons. It is important that you and your team works together, a fully functional team consist of all the characters. Through the game you obtain random items such as weapons and hats to equip your characters, you can also craft your own weapons by using weapons you have. The game is fun and it is impossible not to enjoy it. There are different kind of modes to play with your friends where teamwork means everything. The characters are all unique and funny. Expand
  58. Jul 14, 2012
    Its the perfect semi-casual shooter that you can play every day or once a month and still get great enjoyment out of it. For everything that this game offers for FREE, it is hard to beat. One of my all time favorites.
  59. Apr 13, 2014
    Single handedly the best game I've ever played in my life. This is the most balanced game ever created (yes including chess). Famous for being one of the first games that provided endless non stop free updates to keep the game fresh and interesting. To this day the community is as strong as ever and this game continues to inspire gamers and developers alike and give them something amazingSingle handedly the best game I've ever played in my life. This is the most balanced game ever created (yes including chess). Famous for being one of the first games that provided endless non stop free updates to keep the game fresh and interesting. To this day the community is as strong as ever and this game continues to inspire gamers and developers alike and give them something amazing to strive towards.
    To say I got my "bang for my buck" would be a grievously colossal understatement. No game in history as ever been so good that it helped sell other games by offering items to redeem in that very same game. As such I think it's important to give proper respect to a game that essentially inspired gamers to try more and different games in the process. Hand's down, in solemn solute and prayers, this game is in a league of its own. I only regret that I could not give this game a score higher than 10.
  60. May 17, 2013
    Do I even need to say anything about this excellent first-person shooter? Vibrant characters, actual balance, and hats, all for free. Download this now. 10/10 Mushie Lands.
  61. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is free. This game is fantastic. One of the most balanced FPS's ever, it gives each class a specific use, and none are useless. There are so many gamemodes to play and items to collect and use, it's amazing. Plus, all you have to do to become premium and unlock trading and a larger backpack is buy one item from the store. Like, one 30p item. The microtransactions are veryThis game is free. This game is fantastic. One of the most balanced FPS's ever, it gives each class a specific use, and none are useless. There are so many gamemodes to play and items to collect and use, it's amazing. Plus, all you have to do to become premium and unlock trading and a larger backpack is buy one item from the store. Like, one 30p item. The microtransactions are very justified as it is a free game. Quite possibly the best online shooter ever made. Oh, and hats. Expand
  62. Jan 5, 2013
    The perfect game, everything from the music to gameplay is pretty much 99.9% perfected.

Optimization of graphics - This isn't a **** console port, and you know valve.. they make games run well on all platforms. My $110 graphics card can max this game easily at 60+ FPS 1920x1080 resolution and the graphics are pretty good. Valve is not money grubbing, sure, they have microtransactions

Valve is not money grubbing, sure, they have microtransactions but it's not in your face or obnoxious. They do it in humurous ways that make you chuckle, and leave it as an option. They're only hats, after all. It's free to play now, they need a source of income and they're doing it right. I'd buy a hat if I had lots of money just to donate to valve for being awesome.

The characters all have their own personality and guns. There's a medic, an engineer, a sniper, etc. This game does everything right that others do wrong because it's not made by a money sucking piece of **** corporation like Treyarch or Activision. Call of Duty and all the other badly optimized console ports out there are what sets gaming back.
  63. Nov 1, 2013
    I'm not a huge fan of first person shooters, but this game is awesome. It still stands up to most games today (Nov, 2013). It's hysterical yet very in-depth, relying heavily of a well balanced team made up of 7+ different classes.

This game will be remembered as a classic, but luckily it still has some good years ahead of it.
  64. Nov 15, 2012
    the best game you can buy for free. some may say that it's turned into a hat simulator but if you don't focus on that you will have the most fun fps experience in your life. no really go and download steam and get it. you won't be disappointed
  65. Nov 29, 2012
    This game is fun, no doubt about it. I like the way that there are many different classes (9 to be exact) which has different equipment, requiring different strategies and techniques to excel in the game, giving players a chance to experience different methods to play the game. Although many people are troubled that its not the same as COD or Halo, but who cares? Not every game must haveThis game is fun, no doubt about it. I like the way that there are many different classes (9 to be exact) which has different equipment, requiring different strategies and techniques to excel in the game, giving players a chance to experience different methods to play the game. Although many people are troubled that its not the same as COD or Halo, but who cares? Not every game must have the same gaming system.

Whats more interesting? I like all the events and different accessories you can put on your team, which most games do not establish this. The trading system gets so popular now and its perhaps one of the few main things that TF2 differs from other popular games. TF2 is free, exciting, and really fun to play. Overall, the Multi-player and Co-op games are good, making the game feel enjoyable despite the fact that you may be doing the same thing over and over again. TF2 has also a wide variety of games, instead of just Capture the Flag, Base Defending, etc.

This game, my advice, is a MUST to play.
  66. Nov 19, 2012
    I am playing this game since December 2008 and all I have to say is: go play it. This is the best (now free to play!) game since Quake 3 Arena. Give it a go!
  67. Nov 22, 2012
    This game is an ABSOLUTE must have. I have owned it since it's release, and it's quite a hoot. Dieing is not too punishing, and teamwork is a must in this game. It's very relaxed, and very rarely do people get mad playing it. The graphics are fun, not attempting to be extraordinary. The one and only thing I can find wrong with this game is the Mann Co store. It has gotten quite out ofThis game is an ABSOLUTE must have. I have owned it since it's release, and it's quite a hoot. Dieing is not too punishing, and teamwork is a must in this game. It's very relaxed, and very rarely do people get mad playing it. The graphics are fun, not attempting to be extraordinary. The one and only thing I can find wrong with this game is the Mann Co store. It has gotten quite out of hand, leaving players scrambling to find hats that provide no value to the game. Besides this, it is constantly being updated and nurtured. Many new game modes have arrived since release and the game is constantly being modified by the community, making the game highly re-playable. Expand
  68. Dec 22, 2012
    With over 250 hours of this to date since June 2012, this game became my go-to game for fun. Even though i must say that having premium is good, I loved it even before i bought items, having 200 of the 250 hours being played free. A terrific game with massive flexibility, it delivers on every level, from being challenging to play, to (unlike a lot of free-to-play games) excluding aWith over 250 hours of this to date since June 2012, this game became my go-to game for fun. Even though i must say that having premium is good, I loved it even before i bought items, having 200 of the 250 hours being played free. A terrific game with massive flexibility, it delivers on every level, from being challenging to play, to (unlike a lot of free-to-play games) excluding a pay-to-win aspect, as while some weapons may make you more powerful, the drop rates ensure that you will get the items you need to be on level ground with others, and all the weapons are balanced in such a way that makes it even more fair. This game never fails to deliver, no matter what I am looking for, from the default game modes to the community made game modes, there is always something new to try, and fun to have. I would pay good money for this game. The free-to-play aspect is just a bonus. Expand
  69. Nov 25, 2012
    Simply put. The best online multyplayer shooter ever created. The box says it all: "the most fun you can have online". (*valve delivers*). The simple fact that they are still giving it major updates even five years after release, tells you all you need to know...
  70. Dec 4, 2012
    this is really good game for all people who love fps games. and VALVE should keep updating to make the game more exciting. and please don't make a Team Fortress 3
  71. Jan 5, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is the perfect combination of humor, intensity, and war. It has different scenarios to play for different people's game taste such as King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, Attack/Defense, and more. There are also a combination of different people to play which gives the game more variety. This is a very fun game and its free!
  72. Aug 24, 2013
    I would give it a 10, but there are a small amount of problems. Things like the over-priced Mann. Co store, but you can always trade with other players. There's a huge amount of fun to be had, if you look carefully. With heaps of servers, people, and Valve constantly adding new things, there will always be something new to discover, and each time you start up the game will never be the same.
  73. Feb 23, 2013
    Good:Many classes,many weps,many maps,many game play modes and is an apsolute enjoyment to play.
    Bad:Some items at the Mann.co shop are way more expensive then they should be.
  74. Jan 8, 2013
    Incredible in every way. That, topped off with the fact that you can download it absolutely free, makes this a no-brainer to buy. If you don't already own this, download it, for free, from Steam now.
  75. Jan 21, 2013
    hatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshats
  76. Feb 18, 2015
    There has never been a better chaotic, class-based multiplayer shooter. Stylish, funny, and well-balanced, this game has continued to evolve for 8 years now and remains a great experience. The biggest problem I have with the game is that it doesn't have strict rules for player behavior or a great overall community. It takes a bit of effort to find servers where rules worth having areThere has never been a better chaotic, class-based multiplayer shooter. Stylish, funny, and well-balanced, this game has continued to evolve for 8 years now and remains a great experience. The biggest problem I have with the game is that it doesn't have strict rules for player behavior or a great overall community. It takes a bit of effort to find servers where rules worth having are enforced, and then it becomes a challenge to find times when those servers are populated. Expand
  77. Jan 24, 2013
    The game is very cool. Many options, many weapons. The store system is cool, since you can just buy things in the store and use promptly or play the game and earn the stuff after a few hours of game play. I don't believe it is better than QCTF, but definitely a great game (I just miss grenades so much). I think the worse part of the game is a couple of stupid players in a few servers.
  78. Jan 25, 2013
    I've been playing this game on and off since it went live, and I always come back to it. I don't think there's a single MMO/FPS out there which I've been playing for so many years without getting bored. Regardless of what bads say, this game does require skill, and skill does count. You will always notice certain people with much higher k/d ratios than others - repeatedly suiciding for 1I've been playing this game on and off since it went live, and I always come back to it. I don't think there's a single MMO/FPS out there which I've been playing for so many years without getting bored. Regardless of what bads say, this game does require skill, and skill does count. You will always notice certain people with much higher k/d ratios than others - repeatedly suiciding for 1 kill doesn't pay off. The addition of more weapons has been a benefit IMO, there are counters for everything, and if you do communicate with your fellow players, you can counter anything.

Even after all this time, the graphical style still pleases me. The graphics simply haven't dated. The characters are fantastic, and the most commonly used maps are sublime.

I have to say that I love this game and I'd pretty much rate it up there with the best games of all time.
  79. Jan 30, 2013
    very good game. play it for hours on end :) give it two thumbs up! very good graphics, and gaming sounds. just need a few new weapons each month and it will be set to go!
  80. Feb 28, 2013
    Awesome Free2Play Multiplayer Shooter!
  81. Feb 1, 2013
    Honestly, I made a Metacritic account just so I could review this amazing game. I have been playing this game for about 2 years now, and I've gotta say, this game "iz da bomb." Amazing cel shaded art style, nine completely balanced classes with their own unique personality and race (I MEAN, YOU HAVE A BLACK SCOTTISH CYCLOPS AS A CHARACTER), amazing map design, balanced weapons, HATS!, anHonestly, I made a Metacritic account just so I could review this amazing game. I have been playing this game for about 2 years now, and I've gotta say, this game "iz da bomb." Amazing cel shaded art style, nine completely balanced classes with their own unique personality and race (I MEAN, YOU HAVE A BLACK SCOTTISH CYCLOPS AS A CHARACTER), amazing map design, balanced weapons, HATS!, an entertaining storyline in the form of comic books, the ability to survive more then 3 gun shots (I'm looking at you, CoD!) who wouldn't want to play a game like this? Despite the major complaints of "ooh, no mini-map"and "ooh, the graphics aren't realistic" this is the best fps ever. This isn't an opinion. THIS IS A FACT. This is the most wonderful, amazing, fantastic fps out there. I highly recommend that you try this game, and when you do, I humbly promise that you will not regret it. Expand
  82. Feb 9, 2013
    All that is needed to describe this game is three words: Addicting, fun, and intelligent. You will spend countless of hours playing this game and you will never reach the depth of fully understanding and mastering it. Most of all, this game is accessible to anyone who can run it on their computer. That's what makes this game so amazing. Defiantly in the run for Greatest Multipalyer Game ofAll that is needed to describe this game is three words: Addicting, fun, and intelligent. You will spend countless of hours playing this game and you will never reach the depth of fully understanding and mastering it. Most of all, this game is accessible to anyone who can run it on their computer. That's what makes this game so amazing. Defiantly in the run for Greatest Multipalyer Game of All Time. Expand
  83. Jan 11, 2014
    9/10 Amazing

Team Fortress 2 is essentially a fun, free game without any major elements that grants it a "Pay To Win" title. In this game, you'll unlock items normally through achievement progressions and whatnot. Cosmetics: Plays a part in character customization, where hats and clothing can be purchased with real-life money in the in-game shop. Most weapons are really balanced
    9/10 Amazing

Most weapons are really balanced from my experience, every single different one has advantage(s) and disadvantage(s) (except the basic ones). The only other way to unlock weapons faster outside of completing the achievements is by purchasing it in the in-game shop.

Game modes: Good variety of them.

Each classes are equally thought out and balanced. With roles completely different from the other.

Graphics aren't really great, but i'll give them some slack since they're using the Source engine and obviously because it is a 2008 title... OT: Source engine's hit detection is GREAT
  84. May 16, 2013
    Valve: you either hate their games, or you love them. From Portal to Half Life to Left 4 Dead, we all know someone (if not ourselves) who is addicted to every single Valve game. Team Fortress 2 is one of those addicting games you either hate or love, but in my case? I love it. It's a straight forward shooter with nine classes (Sniper, Medic, Heavy, Scout, Engineer, Pyro, Demoman, SoldierValve: you either hate their games, or you love them. From Portal to Half Life to Left 4 Dead, we all know someone (if not ourselves) who is addicted to every single Valve game. Team Fortress 2 is one of those addicting games you either hate or love, but in my case? I love it. It's a straight forward shooter with nine classes (Sniper, Medic, Heavy, Scout, Engineer, Pyro, Demoman, Soldier and the Spy), with weapons and small apparel to be found while playing, about 300 Achievements to unlock, plenty of official gamemodes and servers, funny, competetive, Everything you need in a clever yet simply shooter. Expand
  85. May 11, 2013
    Perfect for casual gamers who like FPS: me, of course. Weapons are balanced (except for Pomson and Righteous Bison), and the HUD is simple, yet informative. Using the minimal HUD definitely changes your experience. The economy is a little skewed (I think a few items should be worth more/less, and as of this writing, a regular key is 5.11 ref and counting, which is ruining the economy), butPerfect for casual gamers who like FPS: me, of course. Weapons are balanced (except for Pomson and Righteous Bison), and the HUD is simple, yet informative. Using the minimal HUD definitely changes your experience. The economy is a little skewed (I think a few items should be worth more/less, and as of this writing, a regular key is 5.11 ref and counting, which is ruining the economy), but the recent SteamPipe conversion drastically changed loading times. The conversion itself and the download for it is rather large, but it's worth it. Load times are shrunk to insignificant seconds, and the game itself runs much faster than before, even with my crappy Internet connection. This is by far the most addictive FPS I have ever played. Expand
  86. Mar 11, 2013
    Best F2P game ever! Firstly, you don't have to buy items -with real money- this game needs a teamwork. :D *MEDIIIIIIIIC*
    Classes are fair. You can spend a lot time in it.
  87. Apr 30, 2013
    You should buy this game. Now. For free.

Why are you still here? GET TO STEAM AND DOWNLOAD IT. NOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

You're probably wondering: Why?

Because hats and friends and explosions.
  88. Jul 20, 2013
    Only a few words to describe:

Awesome
    Fantastic
    Funny

There are many Servers you can play on.This game has a big source of Game Modes.
    A good Community.
  89. Mar 25, 2013
    By far my favorite game of all time. Every new drop/unlock makes the game that much more enjoyable. All 9 classes are so amazingly balanced that you never feel like your at a disadvantage. The creative game modes like Payload and Attack and Defend on equally creative maps keep the game fresh. It is clearly the king of the FPS, with literally nothing I can think of wrong with it.
  90. Sep 1, 2013
    One of the best shooters I've ever played and its F2P and not like most F2P games ad supported or pay 2 win you can get all the weapons,hats and everything for free through deals promotions and crafting and the basic weapons still work just fine and the visual style is funny and entertaining
  91. Mar 24, 2013
    This game sets the bar for what a multiplayer shooter should be done like. In this game there are 9 classes that fit different peoples play style if you get bored of one class switch to a different one. the tutorial is ok but it does not tell everything you need to know about the game and the practice mode with A.I enemy's is stupid because the bot A.I is just bad but if you get past theThis game sets the bar for what a multiplayer shooter should be done like. In this game there are 9 classes that fit different peoples play style if you get bored of one class switch to a different one. the tutorial is ok but it does not tell everything you need to know about the game and the practice mode with A.I enemy's is stupid because the bot A.I is just bad but if you get past the learning curve then this game is shooter heaven you must work as a team to win and the modes are alot different then your standard TDM and FFA and the graphics are cartoony which makes this game never look outdated and the characters all have personality and color and there is a separate co-op mode that makes the A.I robot versions of the characters non stupid it has its flaws but the flaws only last for the start and if you get past it you will not stop playing, Expand
  92. Jan 23, 2014
    This game is a lot of fun all the different kind of classes and weapons makes for a really fun game the only reason I can't give it a ten is because the lack of maps.
  93. Apr 13, 2014
    I'm not sure what it is about Team Fortress 2 that makes it so great. At first glance, it's very generic to comparison of most online shooters, but there is something that makes Team Fortress 2 unique stand out, perhaps it's the effort developers obviously put into it, perhaps it's the funny side remarks, whatever it is, Team Fortress 2 is a one-of-a-kind game.
  94. Oct 19, 2013
    I got this game as free-to-play. It kept me busy for some years. Nowadays I hate it. Premium players with Unusual hats and Strange weapons made me cry in anger. I was unable to buy anything. However this doesn't mean I'm saying it's bad. No. This game is superb and slick. I love graphics, sound and sense of humour. For those who like to play shooting games this is just necessary. I know II got this game as free-to-play. It kept me busy for some years. Nowadays I hate it. Premium players with Unusual hats and Strange weapons made me cry in anger. I was unable to buy anything. However this doesn't mean I'm saying it's bad. No. This game is superb and slick. I love graphics, sound and sense of humour. For those who like to play shooting games this is just necessary. I know I may sound like hypocrite, but I just can't (and don't want to) pay real money for cosmetic features but without them I feel powerless around premiums stuffed with hats. I will no longer play tf2, cause I know there will be nothing like "hat drops for free-to-play gamers" until end of the world. Still, to praise this game "as it is" and not annoy fans I will give it 10. It deserves it, despite my opinion. Expand
  95. Dec 19, 2014
    Obviously one of the best first person shooters ever. There are 9 classes, and all of them are super fun and easy to use. after you've been playing for a little while, you will get REALLY into it.
  96. Sep 27, 2014
    I have been playing this beauty for 6 years.It is still the best.(most fun online FPS)The action is endless always something is going explode or bleed.Animations and voices are great.Characters are memorable.The game is unique.If you are thinking to play tf2 stop thinking play it....
  97. Nov 9, 2013
    This game is pure awesomeness and a must play. On my opinion this is the far best FPS I ever EVER played. Oh and how about Hat Fortress? Trading with hats all the day!
  98. Sep 29, 2013
    For a game released in 2007, TF2 is still great in many aspects. The cartoon-like graphical style still makes it look good even for now, and the constant updating of the game allows for the re-playable factor to remain for the 6 years since it's release. The whole surreal '70's action film' aspect of the classes is funny yet somewhat satirical, with the invisibility of the Spy, the doubleFor a game released in 2007, TF2 is still great in many aspects. The cartoon-like graphical style still makes it look good even for now, and the constant updating of the game allows for the re-playable factor to remain for the 6 years since it's release. The whole surreal '70's action film' aspect of the classes is funny yet somewhat satirical, with the invisibility of the Spy, the double jump of the Scout, and the ability to explode yourself in different directions with the Soldier and Demoman. Yes the micro-transactions may have caused the game to lose its way a little, but you could say the same about Dota 2. Either way, not playing TF2 now it is F2P is cardinal sin in my eyes, so go and play it if you've never had the chance. Expand
  99. Oct 6, 2013
    I was offered TF2 by a friend back in 2009, and I totally fell in love with it; the graphics, the gameplay, the classes: everything was just perfect. We're now in 2013 and I'm still playing, this game is the most balanced and fun one I've ever played, definitely one of the best Online FPS around, everyone should try it. A personal favourite.
  100. Oct 8, 2013
    The easiest game to give a perfect 10 to. ever. Constant updates will constantly pull you back into this fantastic game that just keeps on giving. My favourite game by a mile.

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.