9.2

1. Nov 30, 2013
    This is just a great game which is meant to be fun. I don't think that it is for everyone, however, I can't stop playing this game. I just bought Battlefield 4, but I am still playing Team Fortress 2. I love the goofiness of the game and the pacing is fantastic. Check it out, its free, and then you can decide for yourself if you like this game.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Worst game ever spent all my money on virtual hats and fed Gabe Newl 7 billion chocolate bars with that money. P.S awesome game most fun you'll have had shooting each other
  3. Dec 22, 2013
    Definition of awesomeness It´s pretty much boring alone, but once you have a friend playing, this game gets really funny and you can play it for days. There´s always something new to try.
  4. Dec 29, 2013
    This game is almost a requirement for anyone new to the PC gaming community. Not only does this game provide a AAA title with excellent weapon choice, balance, and class roles, it's also an entirely free game. Additionally, this game's Free to play (F2P) model is a great example for any developer, as even though it provides perks like inventory space, drop rate, and trading when upgradingThis game is almost a requirement for anyone new to the PC gaming community. Not only does this game provide a AAA title with excellent weapon choice, balance, and class roles, it's also an entirely free game. Additionally, this game's Free to play (F2P) model is a great example for any developer, as even though it provides perks like inventory space, drop rate, and trading when upgrading to premium, no item or gametype is restricted from any Free to Play user.
    However, this game has a large "trading" system in-game, allowing players to trade items to each other. This may sound like an interesting mechanic, but many players have turned Team Fortress into a hub for trading, making servers for almost only such an act. If you are not interested in profiting from trading, avoid any server with a trade tag. As well, this game does not have a CD format and takes a large amount of data to download.
    Overall, 8/10 felt appropriate for recent server implications and the data overhaul needed, but find a good list of servers to favorite, and you shouldn't have to ever worry about them. Also, a Terabyte of Memory is the average data of a modern desktop, and 14 gigs shouldn't be a problem unless you have a poor connection to the Internet. Not just a recommendation or a suggestion, almost a requirement.
  5. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is an endless amount of fun. It is always going through updates, which make new weapons, hats, and other things, such as modes. The newest mode, Mann vs Machine (MVM) is really fun, you fight robots that look like the characters you can be! Get it. Its an endless amount of fun, which is free now!
  6. Jan 21, 2014
    TF2 is a free game.
    It is 100 times better than Call Of Duty or Battlefield (ok, maybe not battlefield4)
    Seeing as it is free, i will leave the reason to get it up to you to find out.
    SO GO GET THIS FRIGGIN GAME
  7. Mar 8, 2014
    Team Fortress 2. As soon as I saw the Meet the Team trailers for this game, I knew I had to have it. These trailers were so well done, that I think that just one of them would be a perfect short that plays before a movie. As for the actual game, I finally got my chance to play it at Christmas time in the year 2011 when I got it with the Orange Box, which also came with Half-Life 2 andTeam Fortress 2. As soon as I saw the Meet the Team trailers for this game, I knew I had to have it. These trailers were so well done, that I think that just one of them would be a perfect short that plays before a movie. As for the actual game, I finally got my chance to play it at Christmas time in the year 2011 when I got it with the Orange Box, which also came with Half-Life 2 and Portal. So is this game as amazing as I had hoped it would be from the awesome trailers, or is the game just your average class-based multiplayer shooter with cartoony graphics? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is just about the most fun gameplay imaginable in a video game. The entire game is a class-based multiplayer first-person shooter. There are several different modes of play in this game. There is attack and defend, which is a mode where the blu team (no, I did not just spell "blue" wrong, that is really how the team is spelled in the game) attacks control points, and the red team defends them. The blu team needs to capture these points before time runs out, while the red team needs to defend them until time runs out. There is also king of the hill, where both teams must compete over a central control point, and hold it for a certain amount of time. Then there's capture the flag, which is capturing the enemy's briefcase of intelligence while defending your own. There are many more modes, but these are just to name a few. You begin each mode by choosing the class you want to play as out of all nine classes in the game. The classes are scout, soldier, pyro, demoman, heavy, engineer, medic, sniper, and spy. All of these classes are very fun to play as because they are all totally different in both gameplay and personality. The scout is the fastest class in the game, and is good for quick offensive raids. The soldier is the most balanced class in the game, with average speed, and a very powerful rocket launcher. Pyro can set things on fire with his flamethrower at close range, and that's all that really needs to be said. The Demoman has a grenade launcher, which he can use to lob grenades at enemies. The heavy is the most powerful class in the game, and can destroy everything with his minigun. The engineer can build turrets and dispensers to help defend locations. The medic can heal everyone on the go with his medigun. The sniper can take out enemies from a distance with his sniper rifle, and the spy can disguise himself as the enemy, and back-stab them with his knife. As for what I mean by different personalities, I mean that the classes themselves are essentially their own characters in the game. They all come from different countries, have different back stories, and even have their own sense of humor and quotes. Because the classes of this game are all so different, this makes the game utterly unique compared to other multiplayer shooters. The game has many unique game modes to play as well. This game is so much more than your average first-person shooter, and that's a good thing. It went so far to be unique, and succeeded spectacularly. As for the graphics, let's just say, if you thought the gameplay of this game was unique, just wait till you see the graphics. Not only is the gameplay different from the average first-person shooter, but the graphics are different as well. Most shooters try for a realistic approach to graphics, making everything look as close to life as possible. This game however, does the exact opposite, it tries to make the game look as cartoony as possible. That's right, this game's graphics go for the cartoony approach rather than the realistic one like most shooters. Of course, the real question is, does this game succeed with this cartoony approach? I can happily say that the answer is yes. The game not only looks beautiful, but it also fits the already zany feel of the game. As for the presentation, it is one of the best I've ever seen in a multiplayer shooter. Everything in this game handles well, and everything is easy to use and access. Overall, I'd say if you don't have this game, you need to get it now! This is a game that everyone in the world needs to play. It has spectacular gameplay, beautiful graphics, and a wonderful presentation to top it all off.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Presentation: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  8. Feb 2, 2014
    Well, what should I say. The classes are funny and balanced. The weapons are perfectly balanced and will get changed if too over or underpowered. Some bugs, even if funny, can be bad.
  9. Feb 10, 2014
    This is in my top 5 games I have ever played. It is amazing fun and if you are a fan of quick paced action games I guarantee you will be kept entertained. This game is fantastic to play with friends. The classes are enjoyable on their own and each has their own personality, It's also free to play so if you have the time, hard drive space and desire I think you have no excuse for notThis is in my top 5 games I have ever played. It is amazing fun and if you are a fan of quick paced action games I guarantee you will be kept entertained. This game is fantastic to play with friends. The classes are enjoyable on their own and each has their own personality, It's also free to play so if you have the time, hard drive space and desire I think you have no excuse for not playing this game. Expand
  10. Feb 24, 2014
    This is the best PC fps in my opinion it has amazing maps some community made cool weapons and tons of classes the only bad thing is pyros they are OP.
  11. Feb 26, 2014
    Still the only FPS I regularly boot up and have some zany fast paced fun playing. Never gets old, still looks great. Play this game if you like FPS in the team Vs team style. And there are so many modes, you should not get bored. MEDIC!
  12. Mar 21, 2014
    A truly, wonderfully, amazing game that has absolutely no boundaries to its diversity and gameplay. A perfectly balanced array of nine varied classes to choose from, the cartoonish yet distinct and unique skins and textures, are just the few strong points Team Fortress 2 have that makes it a genuinely fun game for everybody to play.
  13. Aug 23, 2014
    Cool game that despite showing it's age is still fun to play and has very original and unique characters and several character classes and game modes.
  14. Apr 4, 2014
    people are hating on the f2p restrictions. to them all i can say is buy a 49 cents item from the store and shut
    the **** up. there is a reason why this game is 9,2.
  15. Apr 19, 2014
    This game has a bunch of amazing things for it, i got lost in this game and within less then a year i spent more then 1,287 hours. Very addicting and constant updates. Great community too!
  16. May 5, 2014
    This is a great game for your friends and just alone. You can play it for hours on end with all the different servers! It is a free to play game that you need to have steam for. The only thing wrong with it is that You now have to buy something from the store to start earning items and also players who buy things from the store have an unfair advantage. The store does give the game a funThis is a great game for your friends and just alone. You can play it for hours on end with all the different servers! It is a free to play game that you need to have steam for. The only thing wrong with it is that You now have to buy something from the store to start earning items and also players who buy things from the store have an unfair advantage. The store does give the game a fun aspect though if you cant find that one gun you really want. Well I hope you can enjoy this game as much as I have. Expand
  17. May 18, 2014
    This game is a classic that every player must have. It is free, and yet it is a very good game A game to play with friends, Team Fortress 2 will ensure hundreds of hours of fun. A bit like Garry's Mod, there are many mods available on the game, such as Saxton Hale, my favorite. In short, free install emergency game!
  18. May 22, 2014
    TF2 is a is a fun game(if you'r into CoD you should'n jump on this if you'r expecting to be the same as CoD)
    it have team based gameplay and players need to work together to get pass a certain obstacle
    Weapons:the weapons have specific uses on them so it a good idea to choose a right weapon for a certain obstacle and certain time to use it Classes:each classes have specific things on
    Classes:each classes have specific things on them and have their own traits which some people can laugh to
    Graphic:it kinda depends what kind of computer your using (i have no experience with the lunix version)
    so i can't really say
    Gameplay:it not like others FPS games it have a unique style that others may not have like in CoD players would go off on their on and handle the situation on their on but in TF2 you need help like in sentries camping place you need a medic with uber or demo man with sticky bomb in order to destroy it.
    In almost every map there always an alternative exit people can take to avoid the other team players,avoid the camping or destroy it,or just to get something like a briefcase.
  19. Aug 20, 2014
    Ladies and gentlemen, here is a really strong contender (and provably the winner) of the best free-to play of all time awards!!!!!! Now the reason I liked and promoted the game so much, is because that it came to me at a time where I thought "Is there even a single free-to play game on the market that you can play for more than an hour and not get bored?" Here is the answer folks, TF2,Ladies and gentlemen, here is a really strong contender (and provably the winner) of the best free-to play of all time awards!!!!!! Now the reason I liked and promoted the game so much, is because that it came to me at a time where I thought "Is there even a single free-to play game on the market that you can play for more than an hour and not get bored?" Here is the answer folks, TF2, waiting you for free!!

To be serious though, the fast and fluid gameplay involves 9 different classes, each with their own set of weapons, stats and personalities. By playing more you get access to new weapons, items and most importantly hats!!!! (Just kidding though, in reality I don't give a **** about hats but that's my opinion)

Even though the controls are a bit difficult to adapt to if you are playing with a gamepad, you get used to it in just a few matches.

However I will say that the matches are a bit longer than i can comprehend. I just quit after the second round cause that is enough for me.

In overall the game is a 9/10 for me, a nigh perfect game.
  20. May 24, 2014
    Team Fortress 2. Where do I begin? First off I have to say That this is the most complete and enjoyable Fps game I have ever played. Now that's off my chest; time for the review and my personal experience of the game. i first came across this jem of a game back in late 09 just after i got a ps3. the game was included in a bundle called the orange box (which everybody should play) with HalfTeam Fortress 2. Where do I begin? First off I have to say That this is the most complete and enjoyable Fps game I have ever played. Now that's off my chest; time for the review and my personal experience of the game. i first came across this jem of a game back in late 09 just after i got a ps3. the game was included in a bundle called the orange box (which everybody should play) with Half life 2 and portal. this was the last of these that i had experience because it was last on the agenda and the least i had heard about. when i got on i found it to be very different to the COD of duty games that every 12 year old kid was into at the time. I was the biggest scrub-lord in the world, Mainly because i didn't understand the concept of "teamwork" or "working together" i just wend in all guns blazing with the heavy and get instantaneously killed by the sniper on the other team. however i leant from my mistakes and enjoyed the game for a solid 3 months, learning the mechanics and how that every class had their speciality. Unfortunately the game's servers became dead and the game followed after. The this left a massive hole in my heart where tf2 used to be, i tried to fill it with games such as borderland and brink... but to no avail. Fast forward about to Christmas 2012 when me and my friend decided that console gaming and there i saw it. Team Fortress 2. the game was free to play so we all decided to get it as our first game. we must have played for hours on end collecting fun and interesting weapons and buying hats with our parents money (none of this was in the PS3 version) and playing AS A TEAM this game has taught me valuable life lesson, that working as a team is much more efficient and effective than going solo...

oh, you want my opinion of the game? it's pretty good. and that's all that has to be said about it.
  21. May 25, 2014
    Wow first of when I heard of this game and how good it is. I was already done with fps games because I broke up with the cod games anyway so I heard it was made by same people who made portal which I really loved so I saw It was free to play didn't take long for me to realize how much life I was wasting not playing this REMARKABLE game. I am so in love with this game that i sometimes turnWow first of when I heard of this game and how good it is. I was already done with fps games because I broke up with the cod games anyway so I heard it was made by same people who made portal which I really loved so I saw It was free to play didn't take long for me to realize how much life I was wasting not playing this REMARKABLE game. I am so in love with this game that i sometimes turn anything I can find and pretend it's something from team fortress 2 but not crazily. So I came here to give this gem a big ten. Oh and one last thing SANVICH !!!! Expand
  22. May 31, 2014
    Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said? It's Team Fortress 2 for god's sake! With it's score of 9.2, I doubt I'll bring anything new to the table, but I'll try to say what I can. First off, I saw a review saying the game is "imbalanced" and that the Spy is "OP". The thing is that the Spy is a high priority target, and his low HP makes him not able to take much punishment ifWell, what can I say that hasn't already been said? It's Team Fortress 2 for god's sake! With it's score of 9.2, I doubt I'll bring anything new to the table, but I'll try to say what I can. First off, I saw a review saying the game is "imbalanced" and that the Spy is "OP". The thing is that the Spy is a high priority target, and his low HP makes him not able to take much punishment if any. Plus, you have to be smart to use the Spy, which is a necessity for any game except E.T. My favorite class is the Engineer. I don't know why, it just fits me best. Another review said if you don't have hats, you're considered "uncool". Thing is that if you make a single purchase, which can cost as little as a dime with the giftapult, by the way, you can find hats via random drop. I personally like the hat system because it provides more customization and makes certain people recognizable. I don't mind tossing my 10s and 20s at Valve because they convenience me as a consumer, as said by joshscorcher. The artstyle is also pleasing to my eyes. While I don't hate CoD or any other FPS games, especially having never played any others, TF2 is certainly a contrast in artstyle to other games. I personally love MvM and Attack/Defense the most. If you're willing to pay a bit of money, you can get Tour of Duty tickets. What do they do? Well, if you use them in Mann Up mode and complete all of the mission in a Tour, you'll get a Botkiller, or if you're playing 2 Cities, killstreak kits and possibly Australium weapons. If you're reading this review on a computer you own, you basically have no excuse to not try it out, unless your parents won't let you because you're too young, in which case why are you reading my review anyway? Expand
  23. Jun 5, 2014
    This is one of those games that never gets old, you can always come back to it and have a great time. There are endless achievements, so you'll never really "finish" the game. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because some of the people who play it are real **** It's rare that I play a game and don't see slander all over the chat, or hear irritating 12-year-olds on their microphoneThis is one of those games that never gets old, you can always come back to it and have a great time. There are endless achievements, so you'll never really "finish" the game. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because some of the people who play it are real **** It's rare that I play a game and don't see slander all over the chat, or hear irritating 12-year-olds on their microphone trying to tell everyone what to do. Another thing I don't like is that some of the maps are real prone to people posting up pictures of graphic porn. It's uncomfortable for me because I'm a girl, and it really makes me feel like I'm not supposed to be there playing with all of these guys. It's not going to stop me from playing though, because It's way too fun. Expand
  24. Jun 13, 2014
    Probably one of the best PC games out there. If you don't have it, get it, now. No class is useless, great representation of team work and player responsibility. Very balanced, most servers are packed, great hat simulator.
  25. Jul 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tf2 is the best fps f2p game out there. It's addicting, funny, and original. The weapons are usually very under powered, but I flourished when I found a combo that worked for me. The spy is under-powered and needs to be buffed, the snipers cross-hair is way to small, and the scout is just bad, but the other classes are fun. I enjoy going pyro and airblasting like crazy. I love how the characters have distinct and unique personalities, even though I dislike the soldiers personality. I love getting hats and finding ones that work for me. The hats are one of the many things that make my come back to play more tf2. The one major downside is the fact that so many cosmetics are holiday restricted. Still, Tf2 is a fun, diverse, and highly enjoyable game. Expand
  26. Jul 7, 2014
    Such a wonderful game... This was. Hitbox issues, inability to access inventories, Idle serverse, Daily hacking due to the f2p change, Sniper class still in the game (focus on sitting in one spot and instantly killing people across the map, opposite of fun), Mann-conomy, Weekly updates to adress concerns for Linux (an OS that make up about 0.5-1% of the userbase) forcing all the serversSuch a wonderful game... This was. Hitbox issues, inability to access inventories, Idle serverse, Daily hacking due to the f2p change, Sniper class still in the game (focus on sitting in one spot and instantly killing people across the map, opposite of fun), Mann-conomy, Weekly updates to adress concerns for Linux (an OS that make up about 0.5-1% of the userbase) forcing all the servers to re-boot and update manually, Overpowered soldier class (too much versitility, HP, manouverment, damage), Crates, Constant wave of clearly unbalanced weapon not ready to be released to the public (Original tommy gun for the heavy, old equalizer, etc), Hats...

Oh Valve, where did you go so wrong. Your 200-300+ Better Business Bureau ignored complaints aside, this greedy community neglect will not do you good.
  27. Jul 9, 2014
    This game i have been playing for years I loved it and every thing is great in this game is something that I love in games its fun and keeps you playing for hours 10/10 just the best game ever, graphics are funny and great the gameplay is smooth. not much of story but its simple story line and just so much fun when you play it for the first time.
  28. Jul 13, 2014
    TF2 has a perfect mix of graphics,music and game play. I have played it for 100 hours and it never got boring. I can even play this on my old computer that sucks. All of the items are really balanced and it is not pay to win type of game. But instead it is a play to win game. With protection against hackers and cheaters. It also get updated regularly with new game modes,maps and items. ItTF2 has a perfect mix of graphics,music and game play. I have played it for 100 hours and it never got boring. I can even play this on my old computer that sucks. All of the items are really balanced and it is not pay to win type of game. But instead it is a play to win game. With protection against hackers and cheaters. It also get updated regularly with new game modes,maps and items. It also has a pretty good community where users can create items. Bottom line this game is awesome and I will rate it 10 out 10 hats!
    -Zincio
  29. Jul 15, 2014
    I've seen a lot of people ask: "Why is Team Fortress 2 so successful? It's just another first person shooter, with cartoony graphics." Well, given that FPS games clearly dominate this generation of gaming is one thing. But another thing people like is unique games, games that are so much different from others... and that's just what this game is. It isn't your average "shoot the bad guysI've seen a lot of people ask: "Why is Team Fortress 2 so successful? It's just another first person shooter, with cartoony graphics." Well, given that FPS games clearly dominate this generation of gaming is one thing. But another thing people like is unique games, games that are so much different from others... and that's just what this game is. It isn't your average "shoot the bad guys to win" kind of game, as it has multiple different objectives, like Payload, and Territorial Control. The combat mechanics are nearly flawless, and you never know what is going to happen next time you play, giving the game a large replayability, allowing for thousands of hours of play. Not only that, but there are constant updates to the game, that introduce brand new maps, weapons, and gamemodes. The only downsides I can find with the game is hackers, badmins, the occasional butthurt community that votekicks you if you're too good, and those little squeakers (but it's hilarious to mess with them), making those the only flaws in an otherwise perfect game. Not only that, aside from the in-game purchases for cosmetics and weapons, it's otherwise totally free. Expand
  30. Oct 28, 2014
    Undoubtedly one of the best PC shooters out there (and definitely the best when it comes to multiplayer shooters). It's a game that has visual design polished to a mirror shine, with nine unique classes, all with their own personality quotes, that are all easily accessible while providing a roll for everyone. It's also got a nice late-20th century retro-cartoony art style that allows forUndoubtedly one of the best PC shooters out there (and definitely the best when it comes to multiplayer shooters). It's a game that has visual design polished to a mirror shine, with nine unique classes, all with their own personality quotes, that are all easily accessible while providing a roll for everyone. It's also got a nice late-20th century retro-cartoony art style that allows for various creative enviroments and weapons. However, the fanbase is atrocious, with special mention going to the "Mann vs Machine" game-mode. Expand
  31. Jul 24, 2014
    Dans les catégories free-to-play, FPS et multijoueur, team fortress 2 est très bien placé pour affirmer sa supériorité ! Un choix de 9 classes, Un grand nombre d'armes ayant chacune des avantages et des inconvénients, les maps et les personnages bénéficiant d'un design cartoon délirant.... Il y a de quoi passer des heures là-dessus ! Le système de railleries est bien pensé, et les armes seDans les catégories free-to-play, FPS et multijoueur, team fortress 2 est très bien placé pour affirmer sa supériorité ! Un choix de 9 classes, Un grand nombre d'armes ayant chacune des avantages et des inconvénients, les maps et les personnages bénéficiant d'un design cartoon délirant.... Il y a de quoi passer des heures là-dessus ! Le système de railleries est bien pensé, et les armes se gagnent gratuitement. Le seul inconvénient, c'est qu'il propose un système de pay-to-win afin de permettre aux joueurs impatients d'acheter des armes ou les inviter à affirmer leur supériorité en achetant des caisses contenant des armes "étranges", des vêtements et des railleries.
    Mais vu la durée de vie infinie de ce jeu et le plaisir qu'il procure, on peut fermer les yeux sur cette faiblesse.
  32. Aug 9, 2014
    I've played this game for years, I first played in on my PS3 when it was released to that console, then I wen't onto my brothers PC and we bought it and played it, I loved to play Team Fortress 2 because I like how it isn't a serious FPS, it is made in a cartoon style and updates such as the Conga Update are great fun, anybody who insults TF2 for the hats is just an idiot, game like TF2I've played this game for years, I first played in on my PS3 when it was released to that console, then I wen't onto my brothers PC and we bought it and played it, I loved to play Team Fortress 2 because I like how it isn't a serious FPS, it is made in a cartoon style and updates such as the Conga Update are great fun, anybody who insults TF2 for the hats is just an idiot, game like TF2 can only survive because of in-game items such as hats and it doesn't harm the game play at all. Like thr4sher said, pretty much all FPS today are only in existence because of Team Fortress 2 and C:S becoming so popular. Great game, I'll be sad when Valve stop developing in a few years. Expand
  33. Aug 26, 2014
    It can not be put more simply: Team Fortress 2 is a masterpiece. It's balanced, pretty, exciting, distinct, and rife with personality. While some criticize the game for abandoning realism to a degree with graphics and gameplay, the game would be at a loss without it's distinct art style reminiscent of 1960's magazine advertisements and propaganda posters, even more so without rocketIt can not be put more simply: Team Fortress 2 is a masterpiece. It's balanced, pretty, exciting, distinct, and rife with personality. While some criticize the game for abandoning realism to a degree with graphics and gameplay, the game would be at a loss without it's distinct art style reminiscent of 1960's magazine advertisements and propaganda posters, even more so without rocket jumping or sentries. If we wanted realistic shooters, we'd play ARMA III, but we came here to have fun, which there is no shortage of.

Nine distinct classes throughout two distinct modes with dozens of variants on hundreds of maps with hundreds of weapons with millions of players. There will certainly be plenty for everyone here, and that's not even beginning to mention the ingame economy or goofy lore maintained by Valve themselves.
  34. Aug 11, 2014
    I love the conga! by far this game has SOOO much content and it makes the game amazing, i have 60 hours on the game and counting. this game has a bright future ahead of it.
  35. Aug 15, 2014
    All I can say is, this game is awesome. Its a hope for fps games today. Many games like Call of Duty, Halo and Battlefield needs a sequel to keep their fans hyped and paying. This game only needs the one game and because its free to play on steam makes it this much better. The cartoony atmosphere is original, the weapons are balanced with strengths and weaknesses, the classes are allAll I can say is, this game is awesome. Its a hope for fps games today. Many games like Call of Duty, Halo and Battlefield needs a sequel to keep their fans hyped and paying. This game only needs the one game and because its free to play on steam makes it this much better. The cartoony atmosphere is original, the weapons are balanced with strengths and weaknesses, the classes are all amazing with different personalities to complete it. Reviews says that its a shame that all the hats costs money. I got a solution for them, just don't buy any hats from the store. There is a chance that you'll get the hats on the game. Expand
  36. Aug 18, 2014
    One of the best (if not the best) games I have ever played. I rarely get bored of it and when I do, most of the time it's because I'm lagging too much to play. I would love if they made a PS3 version (not orange box) with all the content that the PC version has (weapons, cosmetic items, trades).
  37. Aug 20, 2014
    Team fortress 2 is an awesome game. The game is updated frequently, the gameplay is good, and the weapons in the game are fairly balanced. The game is free to play, and you can become pay to play rather easily by buying a 10 cent giftapult from the mann co store. The only downside is that most of the higher tier cosmetics and hats can only be obtained via crates and although they dropTeam fortress 2 is an awesome game. The game is updated frequently, the gameplay is good, and the weapons in the game are fairly balanced. The game is free to play, and you can become pay to play rather easily by buying a 10 cent giftapult from the mann co store. The only downside is that most of the higher tier cosmetics and hats can only be obtained via crates and although they drop frequently, you need a key to open them. Other than that most weapons can be obtained/are obtainable by just playing the game or trading. Expand
  38. Aug 29, 2014
    TF2 is a cool game, like anything you want from first person shooters in cool little "HUGE" game now the tf2 is mod for HL2 before it was mod for Quake 1
  39. Sep 3, 2014
    One of my favorite games. Compared to a lot of FPS games, this has to be one of the most unique ones in my opinion. Really great gameplay with class balance, maps, and customization. It's not really a serious game either, which makes the game very funny and entertaining, though there is also a competitive side for this game. Even if the community is going down, I guarantee that you willOne of my favorite games. Compared to a lot of FPS games, this has to be one of the most unique ones in my opinion. Really great gameplay with class balance, maps, and customization. It's not really a serious game either, which makes the game very funny and entertaining, though there is also a competitive side for this game. Even if the community is going down, I guarantee that you will have fun time while playing! Expand
  40. Sep 19, 2014
    Simply put, Team Fortress 2 was, and still is, one of the best multiplayer games of all time. Nearly perfect balance and an impressive level of commitment from Valve to their fans throughout the years have kept this shooter fresh while the competition has faded away, one by one. Oh, and did I mention that it's free-to-play?
  41. Oct 3, 2014

And

Stole my love

_______________________________
  42. Oct 8, 2014
    Best FPS game i have played, after 200+ hours. It seemingly i want to play this till i die
    this game will chew your social life and spit it like it was nothing.
  43. Oct 9, 2014
    This game is my personal favorite game ever.Its not perfect, but IT'S FREE!!!!!
    Now,I never played the first game, so I won't compare it to that.The game(if you play for a while) is much more balanced.At least one class can kill an another easily,and a different class can kill that class easily.
    There is 9 different classes in the game: scout:fast ,objective captureing speed.least
    This game is my personal favorite game ever.Its not perfect, but IT'S FREE!!!!!
    There is 9 different classes in the game:

scout:fast ,objective captureing speed.least health.
    soldier:slow,has a rocket launcher that can let you rocket jump,lots of health.
    pyro: medium speed,has a flamethrower,fire proof,mediam health.
    demoman: slow,has granade and sticky granade launcher,has good health.
    heavy: slowest,has a minigun,has the most health.
    engineer:medium speed,can build sentry guns and teliporters,least health.
    medic:medium speed,has a medi gun that heals teammates, medium health.
    sniper,medium speed,has a sniper, least health.
    spy:medium speed, can disguise as other team,turns invisible,insta kill knife,least health.

all classes have different unlockable weapons and hats,but new players don't have any,so they will be stomped to death...so,yeah.it is tough for new players,but still fun.

The game is very cartoony,which is great.Call of Duty takes itself too seriously.this game is so funny.demos drunken insults, heavy eating his sandwich in an intence fire fight,and the snipers pee jar that he throws at people.
    the game also has tons of lore,but not in the game.there are many comics on www.teamfortress.com.
    there is also videos about the game.meat the (class) and expiration date are videos you can find on youtube.

team fortress 2 is a great game,but there is no reason to make tf3 (which will never happen,because 3)

anyway,the game is good,valve is amazing,half life 3 confirmed...have a nice day.
  44. TSW
    Oct 27, 2014
    if this review was based only on addiction then I'd give it an 11/10 because 173 hours that's how much time I've wasted. the pyro and the spy are great to play as. Finally just get this game!
  45. Oct 29, 2014
    Team Fortress 2 is not your ordinary recycled FPS. The game itself is a beautiful blend of wackiness and seriousness, with its ridiculous hats, weapons and art style merged with the core elements of a good first person shooter. With all the wacky elements aside the gameplay is very well thought out with it's classes and weapons balanced for a pleasent experience. Tf2 is a wonderful gameTeam Fortress 2 is not your ordinary recycled FPS. The game itself is a beautiful blend of wackiness and seriousness, with its ridiculous hats, weapons and art style merged with the core elements of a good first person shooter. With all the wacky elements aside the gameplay is very well thought out with it's classes and weapons balanced for a pleasent experience. Tf2 is a wonderful game that has lasted since 2007 and is still going strong with around 60,000-90,000 people playing everyday. Expand
  46. Nov 2, 2014
    this game is epic lots of customisnation great characters the best character is the demoman or the scout or the engineer the gameplay is blanced unlike cod 4 were everything is broken tf2 is hands down the best game on pc and first person shooter even better than halo reach
  47. Nov 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played this game for a long time. This is definitely my favorite game. You can play as 9 different classes which means you have 9 different styles of playing. This game has great (and hilarious) weapons, cartoony fun graphics, and tons of hats. This game has its own currency and can build up with hats with different values and types. The weapons also have types. There is a very good reason that this is almost always at the #1 Rated F2P Steam game on most lists. I think it is so good that it should be P2P, actually. But because it is free, definitely try it out and you will get hooked. No doubt this is a great game. You can compare the number of postive CRITIC reviews with negative or even users' reviews positive to negative votes. Expand
  48. Nov 5, 2014
    As of right now, I have 1,207 hours in game, 6 pages of items, and no regrets.

As of right now, I have 1,207 hours in game, 6 pages of items, and no regrets.

Team Fortress 2, if you didn't know, is a multiplayer game that pits two teams, red and blu, against each other in a bloody power struggle for land. Team Fortress 2 really doesn't explain most of it's plot in game, but rather in an ongoing series of comics and videos that never cease to impress me. Gameplay wise, Tf2 is the base class based shooter on the market, period.

There is a **** of personality to this game, from the voice lines, to the hats, and even to the way the charactermodels are shaped, each class has a distinct personality and look. Whenever I get a domination, I find myself laughing my ass off at the hilarious domination lines.

As for it going FTP, I really don't see an issue to it. I started playing at around september last year, and reall never stopped, after 12k+ hours I have no problem shelling money into this game after every new update, bringing awesome new cosmetics, and sometimes new weapons into them game. This is hands down the most time I've ever spent in-game.

The multitude of maps, playstyles, weapons, and events keep me coming back daily. The gameplay has a stunning amount of balance, but be warned the game is very RNG heavy. However, I don't find random crits or weapon spread a hindrance, for me at least, it enhances gameplay and keeps me on my toes.

Overall, if you have a PC that can run this (most can), and you like fps's, there really isn't any reason to not have this downloaded, give this one a shot.

Now if you'll excuse me, there is a Haunted Halloween gift with my name on it. Happy Slaughtering
  49. Dec 10, 2014
    There is a good part of the fan community which is mostly mature and you have the people who try to compare this to CoD. This is made by Valve, not by franchise milkers!
    Gameplay is pretty good, every character is recognizeable and you'll really enjoy yourself playing this because its free...
  50. Nov 17, 2014
    An excellent game, one of my favorite online games of all time. It's entirely free, except for hats and weapons, BUT! You can get all those weapons by just PLAYING THE GAME! That's what I did, and even now that I have all the weapons, I can still have fun playing. Also, there's updates every few months that fix balance issues, and add a lot of items (mainly hats). Plus, you can make itemsAn excellent game, one of my favorite online games of all time. It's entirely free, except for hats and weapons, BUT! You can get all those weapons by just PLAYING THE GAME! That's what I did, and even now that I have all the weapons, I can still have fun playing. Also, there's updates every few months that fix balance issues, and add a lot of items (mainly hats). Plus, you can make items in the Steam Workshop that can possibly be ADDED TO THE GAME! Incredible, right? Lastly, trading in this game is an immense economy full of rises and drops. Once you get into this trading community, you can make serious profit, and eventually, you can MAKE. MONEY. That's right, you can BUY other Steam games by PLAYING A FREE ONE! Is that not AMAZING? If you aren't downloading this game right this second, I pity what you're missing out on.

Over 2000 hours and still going strong.
  51. Dec 6, 2014
    Graphics are creative and funny, Controls are ultra-smooth and the game-play is FUN. FUN being the important word here. The game may look simple at first glance, but is a very complex shooter. Pretty much still a perfect game after all these years.
  52. Dec 6, 2014
    This game is so close to perfection. The classes are balanced so if you die, you are probably just bad at the game. The only thing I don't like are the overpowered weapons like the sticky jumper. And it's free on steam so why not?

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.