Team Fortress 2 PC

9.1

1. Oct 12, 2012
    I bought this game in the Orange Box a long time ago, but kind of forgot it. I'm glad I recently decided to give it a shot. This game is the real thing. Nice graphics and gameplay, well-balanced classes, lots of cool items and weapons, a very strong community. Fantastic!
  2. Aug 31, 2012
    Just amazing!
    I just keep playing and exacly when I get bored, BAM a new spectacular update
    If it keeps that way, I think this is one of those games ill just keep playing forever The best of it... ITS ORIGINAL Have you seen a GOOD humoristic shooter? NO! What I like about this shooter is that its not your everyday regular shooter, that you get bored when you finish a campain or gain
    Just amazing!
    I just keep playing and exacly when I get bored, BAM a new spectacular update
    The best of it...
    ITS ORIGINAL
    everyday regular shooter, that you get bored when you finish a campain or gain levels
    Nope! tf2 has no campain, Levels are Hats and you never get bored
  3. Sep 19, 2012
    This game has so many qualities but the main one that stands out about TF2 is it is the most successful example of combining multiple, completely different gaming styles into one game.
  4. Sep 24, 2012
    This game is totally awesome. I am not really a huge fan of multiplayer games, but this, this is different. I have never played a game like this before. Truly worth looking at. And the best part is, it's FREE on steam, which is also FREE. If i don't seem to encourage you, go youtube meet the scout, or meet the pyro, or whatever, JUST GET IT. PERIOD.
  5. Nov 5, 2012
    Team Fortress 2 is a load of fun to play. The cartoony feel and personas given to each class really adds to the feel of the game. The classes are for the most part balanced, each class having their specific strengths and weaknesses. Although that being said many classes seem to be far more useful most of the time. Another downside to this unique combat system is the learning curve, manyTeam Fortress 2 is a load of fun to play. The cartoony feel and personas given to each class really adds to the feel of the game. The classes are for the most part balanced, each class having their specific strengths and weaknesses. Although that being said many classes seem to be far more useful most of the time. Another downside to this unique combat system is the learning curve, many skills obtained from playing generic FPS games do not transition well, which may frustrate new players. This however, is counterbalanced by the overall casual environment created by the game. I mean how seriously can you take a game who's economy is based around hats? Expand
  6. Nov 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Team Fortress 2 is one of the excited games I know! It`s a co-op multiplayer game too play on different types. I mean that Team Fortress 2 is a very funny game and a premium is that you can get more than 400 awards on Steam. Like! Expand
  7. Dec 30, 2012
    I guess writing my review for Team Fortress 2 is redundant. Is a great game and others before me have said it ad infinitum. But I feel an urge to express my opinions and this is it.
    Team Fortress is like a diamond which came out of mud, from the depths of the FPS world came a balanced, deep and funny game, a game which is the denial of every skill based game filled with leet players calling you noob, like COD or CS.
    It's like a cooperative chess, in the sense that no class is perfect in itself, always having disadvantages, depending on others and needing to fulfill a specific role in the team. Add to this a great visual design resembling the 70's and 60's- believe me, I work as a graphic designer- great typhography, great conceptual design, a whole culture, context and world behind the characters, a long learning curve... And you have endless hours of fun. The community of Team Fortress is alive and very participative in creating content.
    The only problem is that Team Fortress is haunted by it's FPS context and past, so when you enter a game and see that your team is made of 4 snipers and 3 spies, you know you are doomed, and you can image a 15 years old kid, thinking the games is all about aiming, being sneaky, or being the "best player", while your team is being raped over and over again. I sincerely propose that Valve one day cap the numbers of certain classes in teams or that classes are assigned randomly to players.
  8. Jan 20, 2013
    I think this game is excellent! You may never get bored! 9 classes to choose from! Each with an advantage and a disadvantage. Play as scout and use speed for offense! Be a soldier and blow people up from a distance! Be a Pyro and burn things! Be a Demo man to become a Demo-noob and use explosives and sticky bombs for surprise attacks or just for exploding! Be a heavy where power to theI think this game is excellent! You may never get bored! 9 classes to choose from! Each with an advantage and a disadvantage. Play as scout and use speed for offense! Be a soldier and blow people up from a distance! Be a Pyro and burn things! Be a Demo man to become a Demo-noob and use explosives and sticky bombs for surprise attacks or just for exploding! Be a heavy where power to the close range is your thing! Kill people fast while being a heavy tank! Be an engineer and build things, like a sentry, a very powerful guard! Be a Medic and heal people, uber charge them for best performances when ready! Be a sniper and, well its self explanatory. Finally, be a spy and confuse enemies by making you one of them as a trick! Capture flags, Control the King of the Hill, Push payloads, deliver the thingy into a rocket, fight to the death, and capture control points is what you can do! Fight with robots if that's more of your cup of tea. Took off a point because there are a lot of noobs, especially demo-noobs. I like this game, but it CAN get laggy. Expand
  9. Feb 18, 2015
    There has never been a better chaotic, class-based multiplayer shooter. Stylish, funny, and well-balanced, this game has continued to evolve for 8 years now and remains a great experience. The biggest problem I have with the game is that it doesn't have strict rules for player behavior or a great overall community. It takes a bit of effort to find servers where rules worth having areThere has never been a better chaotic, class-based multiplayer shooter. Stylish, funny, and well-balanced, this game has continued to evolve for 8 years now and remains a great experience. The biggest problem I have with the game is that it doesn't have strict rules for player behavior or a great overall community. It takes a bit of effort to find servers where rules worth having are enforced, and then it becomes a challenge to find times when those servers are populated. Expand
  10. May 1, 2014
    Pretty much the best multiplayer FPS of all time. I played this game religiously for about 3 years from 08 to 2011. Counter-strike may be more competitive and realistic, but TF2 is way, way more fun and has way more replayability value. It is now 6 years since its release, and it is still an excellent game that is better than 99% of shooters.

Valve did an amazing job with the classes,

Valve did an amazing job with the classes, the game modes, and the balance between them. If you get bored of one class, guess what, you have many more to play instead. Every class feels unique and fun. Also, there is nothing quite like getting Ubered as a heavy and mowing down 10 enemies, or getting a Kritzkrieg with a demo on a map with tight hallways.

The graphical style is also incredibly unique and so good that it looks awesome even now in 2014. Really, I have nothing negative to say about TF2. I haven't been playing it in a while but I know it still has an awesome community, and if I ever feel like playing, there are a couple people on my Steam friends list that were there from the beginning and still playing.
  11. Mar 11, 2013
    This game can run on a surprisingly large range of computer types, making it very accessable. As a result, there are many servers to run on, and this game is addicting. The humor style is great, the fanbase/community is great, and the entire game is just a joy to play no matter how much you suck at it.
  12. Jun 3, 2013
    the funniest game i ever played online... from the artistic point of view is awesome, and the gameplay is perfect... i cant' think of any way this game can be better than how it is... now that it bacema a free to play game i see no reason for not playing it!
  13. May 11, 2013
    What can i say that hasn't been said? Its one of the best FPS's of all time. The few complaints with it i have are mainly server problems that still continue to keep me from playing this game sometimes, and Spies. I hate Spies. And yet i cant get mad because spies are difficult to play, and if you got good with them congrats cause i suck at playing spy.
  14. Nov 23, 2013
    Tf2 one of the best games i'll ever play in my life so addicting so entertaining, people say the game got ruined because of the weapons and the store well that's not true unlike many games tf2 is not a pay to win game and people often get confused the new weapon they find is isn't better than their old one no it isn't and in most cases the default weapon i much better since the others haveTf2 one of the best games i'll ever play in my life so addicting so entertaining, people say the game got ruined because of the weapons and the store well that's not true unlike many games tf2 is not a pay to win game and people often get confused the new weapon they find is isn't better than their old one no it isn't and in most cases the default weapon i much better since the others have ups and downs but it actually depends on your style and what situation you are in and there are many ways to find these items, you acquire them via drop system, you trade them with other people,you do achievements or buy them but don't do that only spend 5 dollars on the game so you have a better drop rate. There are many other different items including hats which do not affect gameplay but affects what other players think of you and the most expensive hat is a unusual team captain I think worth about $4000 usd Expand
  15. Nov 7, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is about as good as Free-to-Play can get. Not quite in the elite class, but still an enjoyable game. I like the artstyle to it, not because "IT HAS COLOR", but because it actually looks like a Saturday Morning cartoon. As much as I like the FPS genre, I'd really like to see more experiments with the graphics. But what about the game? Well, it's best compared to a game likeTeam Fortress 2 is about as good as Free-to-Play can get. Not quite in the elite class, but still an enjoyable game. I like the artstyle to it, not because "IT HAS COLOR", but because it actually looks like a Saturday Morning cartoon. As much as I like the FPS genre, I'd really like to see more experiments with the graphics. But what about the game? Well, it's best compared to a game like Counter-Strike. While in Counter-Strike (not to detract from it, it's still a good game) it's easy to solo a team, trying to go alone in this game will end with your ragequit. I also like that it makes it so that you want to pay money rather than grudgingly do it by giving some legitimate benefits (Not hats).

Really, my main complaint with the game is not with Valve, Steam, or the developers: It's with the community. The reigning kings of obnoxious fanbases remains the Homestuck community, but TF2 puts up a good fight. One of the downsides to the F2P model is that it allows EVERYONE (that has a computer that meets system requirements, that is) can play, leading to many situations where you'll be surrounded by Bronies, Furries, children, and the obnoxious "PC Master Race" group. Unlike some other games (Sonic), the community hasn't destroyed the game yet, but be wary. 8/10. A solid experience at the low price of free.
  16. Dec 22, 2013
    Definition of awesomeness It´s pretty much boring alone, but once you have a friend playing, this game gets really funny and you can play it for days. There´s always something new to try.
  17. Oct 9, 2014
    This game is my personal favorite game ever.Its not perfect, but IT'S FREE!!!!!
    Now,I never played the first game, so I won't compare it to that.The game(if you play for a while) is much more balanced.At least one class can kill an another easily,and a different class can kill that class easily.
    There is 9 different classes in the game: scout:fast ,objective captureing speed.least
    This game is my personal favorite game ever.Its not perfect, but IT'S FREE!!!!!
    There is 9 different classes in the game:

scout:fast ,objective captureing speed.least health.
    soldier:slow,has a rocket launcher that can let you rocket jump,lots of health.
    pyro: medium speed,has a flamethrower,fire proof,mediam health.
    demoman: slow,has granade and sticky granade launcher,has good health.
    heavy: slowest,has a minigun,has the most health.
    engineer:medium speed,can build sentry guns and teliporters,least health.
    medic:medium speed,has a medi gun that heals teammates, medium health.
    sniper,medium speed,has a sniper, least health.
    spy:medium speed, can disguise as other team,turns invisible,insta kill knife,least health.

all classes have different unlockable weapons and hats,but new players don't have any,so they will be stomped to death...so,yeah.it is tough for new players,but still fun.

The game is very cartoony,which is great.Call of Duty takes itself too seriously.this game is so funny.demos drunken insults, heavy eating his sandwich in an intence fire fight,and the snipers pee jar that he throws at people.
    the game also has tons of lore,but not in the game.there are many comics on www.teamfortress.com.
    there is also videos about the game.meat the (class) and expiration date are videos you can find on youtube.

team fortress 2 is a great game,but there is no reason to make tf3 (which will never happen,because 3)

anyway,the game is good,valve is amazing,half life 3 confirmed...have a nice day.
  18. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is just another complete rip-off of angry birds. The game itself is exactly the same except the graphics quality is much lower and the gameplay is significantly less user friendly.
  19. Nov 11, 2015
    Team Fortress 2 is a darn good game. Controls are solid, graphics are appealing, the only real complaint I have is about micro-transactions, but all of them are completely avoidable with a little time and effort. There's a class for just about everybody, whether you're a stealthy player to an accurate player to a brute, this game will suffice your needs. I always find myself playing thisTeam Fortress 2 is a darn good game. Controls are solid, graphics are appealing, the only real complaint I have is about micro-transactions, but all of them are completely avoidable with a little time and effort. There's a class for just about everybody, whether you're a stealthy player to an accurate player to a brute, this game will suffice your needs. I always find myself playing this game when I'm bored and have nothing else to do. I haven't had too many negative online interactions, all of the bad ones just being those 9-year-old newbies. All of this for the low, low price of FREE. Expand
  20. Mar 26, 2015
    The most fun I have ever had in a online game! No matter what game that I decide to buy on Steam or retail I consistently have to keep asking myself the question "Will I play this more than TF2?" and from playing the game for well over 2.5k hours I can say beyond the shadow of a doubt that TF2 is one of my favorite games to date.

Okay enough praise for the game and time for a bit of

Okay enough praise for the game and time for a bit of history, with the original Team Fortress being launched as a mod for another classic fps game Quake which was released in the year of 1996 and it took a new turn on the fps genre. With the game predominately focusing on team work rather than a "one many army" tactic it had provided enough balance in a game that allowed for moderately skilled teams to effectively counter or defeat another team which focused on 1 or 2 highly skilled players.

Fast forward to Oct 9th of 2007 and you have the release of Team Fortress 2 a stunning edition to the games series and which provided a better display of what the source engine was capable of. Team Fortress 2 featured a selection of nine different classes with different styles of play. Keeping to the traditional Quake death match styled game play teams would be pitted against one another over capture points, capture the flag scenarios, and attack defend scenarios which would focus on either control points or payload matches which focused on one team pushing a giant bomb to the enemy teams base.
    With the games high octane take on team structure and intense death match game play the competitive scene and popularity of TF2 rose quickly through the ranks.

Seven years later and TF2 is still holding the rank of 3rd most popular game on steam to date right behind Counter-Strike Global Offensive and Dota 2, this is unheard of in any competitive game or fps to date. TF2 is still being updated with new modes, maps, weapons and overall content as well as trailers or promo's for the games advertising and reveling new character stories and events made by Valve themselves as well as the addition of the Steam Workshop which gives a ton of creative aspects to TF2 from both a players stand point and anyone who's looking to get into modding and doing creative things for games in general.

Con's: No game is perfect in either story or gameplay and TF2 is no exception, with the games random crit rate being one of these issues. Players can randomly do 3k damage in a sudden burst often to the dismay of would be attack and much delight of the would be victim/survivor. With the addition of the Kritzkreig medics and build Krtiz and choose which player to give the Kritz too providing for a few moments of 100% crit damage, this allows the game to be more balanced by working for the critical damage instead of randomly being rewarded for it.

Another issue would be ironically certain objects within the games maps specifically the corners of objects, Some of the games object corners can completely stop momentum and completely immobilize a player trying to make an escape.

Aside from these issues nothing really breaks the game and even with these issues the game is still 100% enjoyable and well worth any amount of time spent playing, with a friendly community of both new and highly skilled players the games over all experience is well worth any avid or new gamer's time!
  21. Aug 20, 2015
    The Best game ever! The Art style is very unique, the level of violence of this game is over9000! The characters have unique weapons, strengths, weaknesses and personality. Its a well balanced game which promotes teamwork. This game has dozens of endangered species(presenting the spycrab). For me it has the best multiplayer experience,best hat simulator, best graphics than any other valveThe Best game ever! The Art style is very unique, the level of violence of this game is over9000! The characters have unique weapons, strengths, weaknesses and personality. Its a well balanced game which promotes teamwork. This game has dozens of endangered species(presenting the spycrab). For me it has the best multiplayer experience,best hat simulator, best graphics than any other valve game, best art style and etc. Good job Valve for making a very great game!. 10000000000000000/10 Expand
  22. Aug 31, 2015
    THE BEST GAME EVER!!! I feel sorry for someone who hasn't played this game. Tf2 is by valve who are probably the grates game devs ever. Gaben please bring me HL3!
  23. CheahY.
    Jun 10, 2008
    It is simply awsome with all the upgrade weapon and best gameplay!!!!!!
  24. JeremyF.
    Jul 8, 2008
    Fun game. It is a bit hard to get into at first, it can be a bit confusing. The graphics are kinda weird, cartoonish, i don't really like that. Does not have much room to expand. Some of the custom maps are really cool.
  25. AnonymousMC
    Sep 2, 2009
    Team Fortress 2 is one of the most entertaining multi-player games out. Even though it has been out for almost 2 years now, it is still widely played. Valve is releasing update content for TF2 as well. Best of all, unline some other games that require you to continue to pay for content as it is released, all of the TF2 update content is free. And there is no monthly subscription. Buy theTeam Fortress 2 is one of the most entertaining multi-player games out. Even though it has been out for almost 2 years now, it is still widely played. Valve is releasing update content for TF2 as well. Best of all, unline some other games that require you to continue to pay for content as it is released, all of the TF2 update content is free. And there is no monthly subscription. Buy the game, and you can play it as much as you want. Expand
  26. armaguy
    Jan 3, 2010
    If you like FPS games and you have gotten a sense of humour you will like the game. I my self like the humour the shooting and the fact that the game grows all the time. It grows by giving the classes (9 classes in the game) achievments that will open weapons for the class. You can unlock the weapons by doing a right amount of the achievments. I can't find any minus points for the If you like FPS games and you have gotten a sense of humour you will like the game. I my self like the humour the shooting and the fact that the game grows all the time. It grows by giving the classes (9 classes in the game) achievments that will open weapons for the class. You can unlock the weapons by doing a right amount of the achievments. I can't find any minus points for the game. It is good that you can buy the game with orange box if you don't have any half life 2 then go there and buy orange box(the game is also sold alone) This is a must buy!!! Expand
  27. BabySeal
    Oct 15, 2007
    While I believe a lot of elements from TFC have been lost and have simplified TF2, TF2 remains a fun, funny, and very enjoyable gaming experience for TFC veterans as well as newly arriving FPS players.
  28. JakeH.
    Feb 13, 2008
    AMAZING! This game is absolutely perfect. Balance is great, encourages teamwork. Excellent maps in balance, character, and uniqueness. I would recommend this game to ANYONE who enjoys shooters.
  29. AnonymousMC
    Feb 1, 2008
    Awesome game, Best FPS out there hands down. I seem to notice the only people who vote it poorly are people looking for a nice tactical game(You're obviously not intellegent enough to notice the non tactical graphics) and people who expect it to be a remake of TFC. Personally I though TFC SUCKED. But thats not my point, the point is that this game where meant to be exactly like TFCAwesome game, Best FPS out there hands down. I seem to notice the only people who vote it poorly are people looking for a nice tactical game(You're obviously not intellegent enough to notice the non tactical graphics) and people who expect it to be a remake of TFC. Personally I though TFC SUCKED. But thats not my point, the point is that this game where meant to be exactly like TFC they would have renamed it Team Fortress Source not 2. Its a NEW game not a cheap ripoff and frankly its the most entertaining multiplayer game I've ever played. Expand
  30. RobL.
    Feb 9, 2008
    Funny and cool little game for when a ready needed break from serious fps.
  31. AnonymousMC
    Mar 10, 2008
    An awesome game, the best "team" game I've ever played. Having no single player mode means that comparing it to other FPS just isn't possible. However since playing this I now find the single player FPS games dull, linear and lacking any subtlety. TFT
  32. AnonymousMC
    Apr 29, 2008
    I would have given this game a 9.8 or something if I could have, but between a 9 and a 10, this game gets the perfect score. There are the occasional flaws, and the style of game play certainly isn't the usual hit and run and repeat mode of FPS shooters today. Team play is a MUST, and you won't survive long unless you utilize the games exact focus, your teammates. Amazing gameI would have given this game a 9.8 or something if I could have, but between a 9 and a 10, this game gets the perfect score. There are the occasional flaws, and the style of game play certainly isn't the usual hit and run and repeat mode of FPS shooters today. Team play is a MUST, and you won't survive long unless you utilize the games exact focus, your teammates. Amazing game play, hilarious extras, HOURS and HOURS of redeeming value. I'll be playing this one for years. Expand
  33. AnonymousMC
    May 4, 2008
    Dear D S,

Dear D S,

The grappling hook was a mod, part of NeoTF. It's not actually TFC. Also, 4fort4 is a custom map. The death cam prevents the spies from camping in the same spot and makes them use skill. The spy's invisibility helps new players, since the spy used to be an impossible class for any one just joining. All in all, TF2 is turning into an amazing game especially with the new addon for the medic and soon for all the other classes, with new weapons and the new gold rush map.
  34. JeffN.
    Jun 1, 2008
    This is a very good game and a lot of fun when you play it with your friends.
  35. LeopoldK
    Jun 1, 2008
    It's a new level of multiplayer games!
  36. JamesM.
    Jul 10, 2008
    It is a very fun multiplayer experience.
  37. JacobL
    Jul 4, 2008
    wonderful ! the classes are perfectly balanced, the maps are fun and unique without being very complicated at all, plus its $40 and comes with all the half life 2's and portal! this is great for beginners, hardened veterans and everyone in between.
  38. JeffD.
    Jul 5, 2008
    It s a fast and furious mmofps! Not the best but worthes it price.
  39. mattp
    Dec 6, 2009
    it's an amazing online game and everyone knows that, providing hilarious taunts and speech. with the mumbling pyro to the cocky scout. a game to remember that deserves to have 100 metascore!
  40. ChapelX
    Oct 5, 2009
    As one of the few girl TF2 players, I must say, adjusting to server after server packed with guys was a little jarring at first. However, that didn't do anything bad for the gameplay, and I was hooked after my first match. This game is simply glorious, and I am quite addicted to it. It's a really fun game with great graphics and a whole bunch of hilarious bits thrown in, and As one of the few girl TF2 players, I must say, adjusting to server after server packed with guys was a little jarring at first. However, that didn't do anything bad for the gameplay, and I was hooked after my first match. This game is simply glorious, and I am quite addicted to it. It's a really fun game with great graphics and a whole bunch of hilarious bits thrown in, and it's just simply wonderful. Expand
  41. AnonymousMC
    Mar 17, 2009
    I am a long time FPS player i have gone through the ranks of that old south park n64, though the classic james bond games, though CSs and CoDs, and some of the newer rpg shooters such as BioShock. After all of these years of games I can say with a great deal of certainty that TF2 is among the best shooters i have ever played. It combines trates that most shooters fall short in with theI am a long time FPS player i have gone through the ranks of that old south park n64, though the classic james bond games, though CSs and CoDs, and some of the newer rpg shooters such as BioShock. After all of these years of games I can say with a great deal of certainty that TF2 is among the best shooters i have ever played. It combines trates that most shooters fall short in with the introduction of a True medic class team work plays a far greater role than i have seen in any other shooter. With a great sense of humor both the writers and the staff as a whole captivate the majority of players, including my self. I can say with out the slightest bit of hesitation that if valve continues to maintain this game i will have no reason to buy another shooter platform game for a great deal of time.. or untill Tf3 is released. Feel free to email me if you are thinking about buying it i will have no problem giving a more detailed answer to bobbysnobby@hotmail.com Expand
  42. JoeT.
    Mar 8, 2009
    This game is perfect. A little humor, a few explosions. I can only think of one other thing it could use but thats not appropriate for all ages. Addictive would be an understatement.
  43. AnonymousMC
    May 2, 2009
    Great game, the style of the game play is well balanced, because of the otherwise annoying fan base, that supposedly always has something to complain about, forcing valve to change it.
    The reason why some people might hate this game, is that they have a slow computer, or simply judge the class pack as unbalanced, even if it does shift the amount of that class to the entire team or something similar for a week or two. Eventually, it returns to normal. Another way one could hate it is because they don't join up in a clan and use teamwork, so TF2 really needs a person willing to coordinate their team mates using a microphone. Not doing this leads to the comments that the weapons are too weak or too powerful: Ex. A heavy, charging ahead of his them (somehow.) Will be picked off by a sniper, unless the team spies murder him with their ITTY BITTY KNIVES, then a demoman or ubercharged(Where the medic heals a ton and gets to turn a class invulnerable for 8 seconds) class may have to charge ahead to remove sentries, while a pyro burns all allies in sight, trying to prevent spies from sapping their team's sentries. A solider may need to use his rockets to also remove sentries or clear out enemies while a sniper removes the medic healing the other teams heavy, allowing his team to rush in and give him a quick death.
    Finally, they clear out the control point, where the speedy scout can rush in and capture it before the other team respawns.
    And that's how team work is used in team fortress 2.
    The teamwork in TF2 differs from something like Call of duty, where a skilled player can run on in a blind frenzy, killing anything in his path, or a lone sniper can remove a whole team. Otherwise, Team fortress 2 is a face paced game where solo playing is hard, and skill has little use, creating a fun game where you could have long wars on granary, coordinated rushes and overall fun. The only thing about the game is that you may have to find a clan to do much teamwork. I'd give TF2 a 9.7,(For always needing teamwork, unless it's a pub and no teamwork is present) but score rounds up to 10
  44. AnonymousMC
    May 22, 2009
    first of all, if your reading this, ignore all comments below 6, because 1.There is NO lag unless your computer is a steaming pile of crap

and 2. The updates dont unbalance it, for some people, some of the updates will jsut haev WORSE weapons, its all about your style of play, because not only is there 9 classes, but there is about 2307941098374129347 different ways to play each class.

with fast paced game play, and respawn waves, you will have to use team work, but you wont even realise you are!

overall, great game and an awesome community to go with it.

did i mention it was AWESOME?!?!?!
  45. FaizanK
    May 3, 2009
    Must be the best first person online multiplayer I've ever played! Class Characters have rich backgrounds; graphics style is wicked (I thought it was too cartoony before I had it but that changed fast); games are well balanced through the classes; and constant updates such as weapons packs, maps and gameplay changes keep it fresh (and they're free!). This game is pretty much Must be the best first person online multiplayer I've ever played! Class Characters have rich backgrounds; graphics style is wicked (I thought it was too cartoony before I had it but that changed fast); games are well balanced through the classes; and constant updates such as weapons packs, maps and gameplay changes keep it fresh (and they're free!). This game is pretty much perfect. Maybe not a perfect 10 (it can be a pain to be new to the game without any friends as finding a decent map and game is hard without some prior knowledge) but its way more than a 9 (so Ive basically rounded up here). I've had it for a year now and I'm still not bored of it. Expand
  46. AnonymousMC
    Jun 10, 2009
    Great game, I have been playing for a two months now and I am still learning new tactics. Fantastic range of maps (06-2009) that provide plenty of variety. I think that the fact you can change class during the game if you need to employ new tactics makes this a truly awesome game.
  47. AnonymousMC
    Jun 18, 2009
    I would have said 9.6, but the rating system wouldn't allow me.

Anyway, TF2, where to begin... First of all, I've liked this game roughly a month before I actually played it. I'm not a VALVe fanboy or anything, but that's saying a lot. I don't even know why. Maybe it's because it's style and art direction is much different from normal First person
    I would have said 9.6, but the rating system wouldn't allow me.

Maybe it's because it's style and art direction is much different from normal First person shooters, like Call of Duty, Killzone, and countless others, and it's different in a good way. The characters are based almost solely on stereotype (in the non-insulting way). Scout is this fast kid from Boston and is a huge fan of baseball. Heavy comes from the heart of the Soviet Union, and is a huge man mammoth with a big gun. Anything about Pyro that doesn't seem completely obvious at first glance has not been revealed. Each class has it's own personality, weapons (despite a ton of them sharing a shot gun as a secondary weapon), and their own use. Scout achieves objectives faster (x2 speed when capturing a control point), Engineer can build sentries to block off pathways/deny the other team from archiving the objective, Spy can cloak, disguise, destroy those, and kill priority targets. Sniper can do the same, but only when they are in an open area is a Sniper effective. Soldiers and Demomen can be launched by their own explosives, thus being able to clear the area from above. All classes have their own use, and they can be used pretty well in the way they were meant to be used.

Maps are great. Most maps are symmetrical, so if you know one side you know the other. They all have perfectly tuned length/width (I.E.: Spy can make it from the beginning of a hall way to a little place where most people don't look and uncloak), so that every class can play successfully.

A lot classes go together. Heavy/Medic combos are ridiculously powerful, but can be overcome with a little teamwork, or some spy comes to give his friends a hand, or his enemies a knife. In the back. Pyro, unlike most classes, can go with most classes and end up helping someone if played right. A Pyro tagging along side of a Heavy/Medic pair can make them last longer, though it may be a bit harder for the Medic. With the new update, Pyros can now compression blast fire off of teammates, and Pyros can be a real threat to Heavy/Medic pairs. A sniper can overlook the front lines and pick off enemies quickly. Classes mix, and teamwork is formed. No matter how good you are, you will always get killed by that Heavy/Medic combo. Teamwork IS victory in this game, not like in other FPS'.

The music that plays in the main menu is awesome. Too bad no ambiances play in-game. Then again, music doesn't effect how you play the game.

The servers, like most Steam servers, are either good or bad. And when it's bad it's REALLY BAD, but it hardly happens. The compatibility with custom maps is always good, since most maps that are used are almost as good as VALVe's official maps.

Scores:
    Not-very-final-score-effecting scores:
    Graphics: 9. It's unique art style really makes it much better than most FPS of today, which seem to rip off of each other.
    Sound: 9.5. I really, REALLY, love the sound. The music is awesome, the sounds are awesome, the voice clips are awesome (needa dispensah here), and the mic quality seems to be better. Seems to be. I never really listen to people with mics on other games.
    Story: That's it's major flaw. It has none. I'm not saying it's not a game with no story mode, but so far that's the biggest problem I can really think of. Hopefully it'll come with a new update or something.
    Important stuff:
    Gameplay: 9.7 The class based multi-player is REALLY fun, challenging, and there's tons of unlockables and counting, refreshing your play experience.
    Online quality: 9.5 Very good. Not the best, but very good. It pretty much depends on how good your connection is. If you can load a moderately sized page in 10 seconds or less, good, if not, bad.

Overall, 9.6. Due to rating system on this thing, though, I rounded it up.
  48. GregJ
    Jun 19, 2009
    Best ever fps online multiplayer game. A must buy. Also there r awesome videos about each class you can be and each one comes from a different country. Also the classes are balanced and they work together as a team.
  49. TimB
    Aug 8, 2009
    Completely intoxicating. If I had dollar for everytime I've cursed at this game I could quit my job. Which is cool, cause I wish I could stay home and play this masterpiece all day. I've been playing this game for a year now and, although I have taken a few breaks, this game still has lasting appeal. The addition of the new weapons adds an entirely new dynamic and gives it even Completely intoxicating. If I had dollar for everytime I've cursed at this game I could quit my job. Which is cool, cause I wish I could stay home and play this masterpiece all day. I've been playing this game for a year now and, although I have taken a few breaks, this game still has lasting appeal. The addition of the new weapons adds an entirely new dynamic and gives it even more replayability. The games are so different, you could play the same map for hours and still keep on your toes. I'm in love. Sorry wifey, I'll be workin late... these sentries aren't gonna build themselves! Expand
  50. MikaelO
    Jan 11, 2010
    Before this I barely played any shooters, but TF2 really is a great game and has given me an awesome gaming experience along with opening my mind for other shooters. Thanks Valve!
  51. Soraryuu
    Jan 1, 2010
    I've spent a good 300+ hours playing this game. Almost every one of them were enjoyable. I'm too lazy to point out why, so I'll just give it a 10 and reason it with "I love it, best 15$ I've ever spent".
  52. OskarJ
    Jan 10, 2010
    For me The best online shooter. Cartoon style characters all with own personalities. 10/10!
  53. Noneofyourbuisness
    Jan 8, 2010
    amazing game not to hard to learn, the classes are VERY well ballenced if you know what your doing but at first it may seem like pyros are rigged. Takes some playing time to get good but so do all games. There are many custom mods and maps adding alot of cool things, so unlike Alan T said now there are bigger maps some with interesting theams and things. There are items randomly given amazing game not to hard to learn, the classes are VERY well ballenced if you know what your doing but at first it may seem like pyros are rigged. Takes some playing time to get good but so do all games. There are many custom mods and maps adding alot of cool things, so unlike Alan T said now there are bigger maps some with interesting theams and things. There are items randomly given during playing time and from achivements earned they fixed the duplicate item problem through crafting so you can get rid of the extras/dont wants to make things you can use. All the people iv played with are friendly and fun and there are NO aimboters/hackers. All in all a great game with a simple graphics style but that work very well for the game and a very responsive company (valve/steam). Buy it (it regularly goes on sale through steam) and you wont be diapointed with its enjoyability, replayabliity and system requirements. Expand
  54. JakeB
    Jan 8, 2010
    An incredible game, I daresay it may even be the greatest multiplayer game of all time. It's cool, wacky, cartoony and above all...fun.
  55. RichLeonetti
    Nov 10, 2007
    Fantastic game. The classes are balanced and maps interesting, and the action keep you coming back for more.
  56. JakobL.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Really a fun game.. Takes you away from the seriousness of other online games.
  57. RichardH.
    Oct 13, 2007
    Awesome fun, great graphics, well balanced classes and Valves experience of pumping out excellent shooters makes this game pure brilliance!
  58. SeanM.
    Oct 13, 2007
    Absolutly brilliant game, awesome mix between the different classes.
  59. MikeB.
    Oct 14, 2007
    Very good! Old School fun with a new twist. I really don't have anything bad to say about TF2, and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to get away from serious pseudo-realistic shooters such as BF2/Quake Wars. A breath of fresh air.
  60. AnonymousMC
    Oct 15, 2007
    KICK ASS!!! I loved TFC1 and TFC2 puts it to shame but still keeps that classic love of TFC1 all the maps look kick ass! HL SOURCE OWNS!!! and the Cartoon look of the chars is crazy and flows really well could ask for anything better! Can't wait for ten years from now if there will be a TFC3!
  61. ColeG.
    Oct 16, 2007
    A great game, hours of fun. Couldn't have asked for a better sequel to my all-time favorite classic online shooter game.
  62. AnonymousMC
    Oct 17, 2007
    if you dont like this game its because youre always getting dominated.... ive never played tf1, i bought the orange box and played the beta for tf2 and was hooked and im still hooked... best multiplayer game out there because you actually need to have a strategy and use team work...
  63. JW
    Oct 17, 2007
    Wow! Just what i was expecting from Valve and they delivered a Great, fun, Fast action,Team-work shooter good job!
  64. PhilippS.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Great Game. Includes the tactical aspect of BF2, the graphic of CSS and the fun of CS.
  65. MatthewW.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Amazing multiplayer frantic action. This game looks amazing, plays amazing, and it so well balanced. Anyone can choose a class of their liking depending on their playstyle and have a great time.
  66. imranimran
    Nov 9, 2007
    The Best game ive played its alot more funnier and crazier then the 1st team fortress classic.
  67. TimW.
    Oct 20, 2007
    Best Team Fortress out of the two! Every character is now balanced and the game play and visuals is amazing! Very fast paced and will be loved for many reasons.
  68. NullaP.
    Oct 22, 2007
    An excellent game yes, but so dummied down from TF1 that it's lost what made it stand out from the competition. Not so much "Team Fortress Classic" as "Team Fortress Castrated". Disappointing.
  69. JamesC.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I don't think they could have made a more loyal and fitting tribute to one of the best multiplayer FPSes of all time if they'd tried. Perfection.
  70. MarkS.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I played it once and it was OK. Went back again and had some fun. The more I played the most fun it became.... now I cannot stay away. To say it grow on you is a tremendous understatement.
  71. GaëlR.
    Oct 25, 2007
    Very very nice game ! Graphic quality is pretty good; Gameplay is amazing and I really enjoy to play a rôle playing FPS !! Not yet a TF2 player ? Just buy and try !
  72. MattM.
    Oct 26, 2007
    Superbly balanced gameplay. Great stylistic visuals. Frenetic, deeply strategic and so addicting!
  73. AnonymousMC
    Jan 1, 2008
    Amazing game design and balance. This is the most fun I've had in a shooter for years. Getting rid of grenades was a god-send. I would have given TF2 a 10 if they had a few more maps. In any case Buy it and Play it before TF3 comes out...
  74. AnonymousMC
    Jan 2, 2008
    one of the most enjoyable online shooters by far-
    The action is too fast paced for anyone to act like a moron and ruin it for everyone. Each character has his own strengh/weaknesses and take a small learning curve.
    one of the most enjoyable online shooters by far-
    but once you find your favorite 2 or 3 types of character to use- youll come back for team fortress two action when your looking for a quick semi strategic adrenaline rush. runs smooth and is very balanced- two thumbs up.
  75. IngmarsM.
    Oct 24, 2008
    Game is very well balanced and graphics look nice. even through game is not matching it Minimal system requirements and it laggs heavy in middle of battle its good. Thank you Valve! I have played only pirated version of this but I'm gonna buy it! its worth it.
  76. AnonymousMC
    Jan 30, 2008
    I like the game so much because it's great, the updates the game gets regularly are great, and the major update pack it's going to get will just be awesome. The "Meet the..." series are also fantastic.
    I wish good luck to Valve with their new game, and hope they'll keep up the good work. Thanks, bye!
  77. Craig
    Feb 16, 2008
    The best class based FPS to date. TF2 is going to set the benchmark for all future FPS games in terms of originality, style, replayability, fun. its a great game as it is also simple.
  78. SteveeC.
    Feb 18, 2008
    That's greatest thats I has seen in multiplayer gaming!
  79. Joel
    Feb 20, 2008
    I've not seen a better fast-action multiplayer fps in a long while!
  80. AnonymousMC
    Mar 23, 2008
    Although it's probably the best Arena FPS there is, I feel TF2 has something missing from it. After an hour or two of playing it begins to feel awfully hollow. Had it included more environment destructibility and quite a few more maps, TF2 would be a must have for any serious FPS player.
  81. AnonymousMC
    Mar 23, 2008
    Extremely newb-friendly. Gets linearly deeper with every hour played, as you gain your skill. The variety in gameplay (classes, tactics, map knowledge, human factor) always keeps things interesting. And OH!... the graphics are absolutely amazing!
    Perfect online-shooter, thank you VALVE!!! Words just aren't enough to describe how incredible this game is.
  82. AnonymousMC
    Mar 30, 2008
    The most fun I've ever had (and have) playing an FPS. Classes are balanced but still require skills to play. (My favorite is pyro by far, I love ambushing.) The graphics are cartoony, but the animation and detail are quite amazing. Maps are best played with a lot of people (at least 8 on both teams). Every class contributes to the team one way or another. Overall this game is very funThe most fun I've ever had (and have) playing an FPS. Classes are balanced but still require skills to play. (My favorite is pyro by far, I love ambushing.) The graphics are cartoony, but the animation and detail are quite amazing. Maps are best played with a lot of people (at least 8 on both teams). Every class contributes to the team one way or another. Overall this game is very fun to play and just an awesome experience, completely worth it to buy. Expand
  83. AnonymousMC
    Apr 1, 2008
    This game was the very first online game I had purchased. And it has tempted me to play other online games. The swift yet extreme action is flawless, the comedy is a lift up to this already-intruiging title, the graphics are overall the best ever of an online game, and the cartoon-style models take me back to other awesome fps titles like TimeSplitters 2. I only gave this game a 9 becauseThis game was the very first online game I had purchased. And it has tempted me to play other online games. The swift yet extreme action is flawless, the comedy is a lift up to this already-intruiging title, the graphics are overall the best ever of an online game, and the cartoon-style models take me back to other awesome fps titles like TimeSplitters 2. I only gave this game a 9 because i prefer to have more maps, unlike to the bigger maps as the staff of Valve said in the Develloper Commentar.Also, to D S, the 'white screen and dies' part is complete rubbish. Maybe, it's just your crappy system, and unless you're sure that this happens to most people, I don't think anyone would agree with your comment. Expand
  84. AnonymousMC
    Apr 8, 2008
    A unique FPS with lovable characters and fast paced gameplay. Relatively low learning curve so you can jump in with your friends and start fragging with the best of them, the next day. Don't get me wrong, I think the biggest thing wrong with the gaming industry nowadays is the developer's catering to casual gamers and holding their hands through things, essentially ruiningA unique FPS with lovable characters and fast paced gameplay. Relatively low learning curve so you can jump in with your friends and start fragging with the best of them, the next day. Don't get me wrong, I think the biggest thing wrong with the gaming industry nowadays is the developer's catering to casual gamers and holding their hands through things, essentially ruining franchises and stripping any depth a game could have had. What happened to the old days of just starting off in the middle of it all, without any prior knowledge on what to do or how to play? Anyway, the Orange Box is a must own for any PC gamer, especially since it comes packaged with a great franchise and this game - requiring no monthly fee, you can jump in any time you want for a round or a 3 hour stalemate, doesn't matter, you WILL have fun. I wouldn't recommend this on 360 or PS3, you will only be shooting yourself in the foot. Expand
  85. MartijnV.
    May 10, 2008
    One of the best games I've played so far.
  86. AnonymousMC
    May 1, 2008
    This is the most fun the average FPS guy can have. Seriously, this game kicks ass, and even if there are "easy" classes, you can still learn some advances techniques for them, like rocketjumps or mid-air-kills for the Soldier. And yes, it is balanced, and "if you think there should be grenades, you are the reason why we needed a new game." Additionally, Valve brings some new stuff in, likeThis is the most fun the average FPS guy can have. Seriously, this game kicks ass, and even if there are "easy" classes, you can still learn some advances techniques for them, like rocketjumps or mid-air-kills for the Soldier. And yes, it is balanced, and "if you think there should be grenades, you are the reason why we needed a new game." Additionally, Valve brings some new stuff in, like Goldrush (Payload game style) and achievements and unlock-weapons for all classes. Expand
  87. AntonK.
    May 14, 2008
    This is the best team shooter It was a time without Battlefield, Counter-Strike and other... but was TF Classic.
  88. MartijnV.
    May 14, 2008
    One of the best games I've played so far.
  89. AnonymousMC
    May 2, 2008
    I love Team Fortress 2, as soon as I purchased the Orange Box the day it came out and minutes after I beat HL2:Ep2 I was online with TF2. For those of you who have buggy experiences with Valve games, all I can say is you must have a pretty bad system on your hands. But onto the multiplayer action! TF2 is one of the best multiplayer team-based games to hit store shelves since....the classicI love Team Fortress 2, as soon as I purchased the Orange Box the day it came out and minutes after I beat HL2:Ep2 I was online with TF2. For those of you who have buggy experiences with Valve games, all I can say is you must have a pretty bad system on your hands. But onto the multiplayer action! TF2 is one of the best multiplayer team-based games to hit store shelves since....the classic version! Although in all honesty Vavle should have kept a couple of their older ideas for TF2 but overall it turned out very nicely. Advanced graphics make it a beautiful game - and not to forget the cartoony look it has which makes it different from any other game of similar caliber -, excellent quality in general, the personalities given to each of the classes are humourous, plus it is always action-packed and there never seems to be a dull moment. (Ah - and you cannot forget the Achievement system, brilliant way of getting people to do their best!) Expand
  90. vova585[OWNER]Vovan
    May 22, 2008
    Very good game, I like it because it has a great balance between classes.
  91. AnonymousMC
    May 4, 2008
    This is the best game ever made. The graphics are awesome as well as humor in the game! You can play this amazing games for hours without getting bored. The only dissapointment is the range of the FlameThrower. But else than that EVERYTHING was great! I had a cool time playing this with my friend, and thats a game you MUST have! Valve you are making life easier for every gamer in theThis is the best game ever made. The graphics are awesome as well as humor in the game! You can play this amazing games for hours without getting bored. The only dissapointment is the range of the FlameThrower. But else than that EVERYTHING was great! I had a cool time playing this with my friend, and thats a game you MUST have! Valve you are making life easier for every gamer in the world, except the Cookie Monster in Simpson. Expand
  92. DSC
    Jun 16, 2008
    Much better than the XBox360 version, and is an all around great game.
  93. AaronL.
    Jun 19, 2008
    This game is ridiculous and awesome at the same time, not unlike Jesus taking steroids and fighting a band of highway midgets.
  94. PaulW.
    Jun 19, 2008
    This game combines humor and excellent gameplay.
  95. ThomasM.
    Jun 21, 2008
    Best balanced FPS I have ever played.
  96. TimoP.
    Jun 21, 2008
    This game is going to keep a lot of old and new multiplayer FPS enthusiasts occupied for the next few years.
  97. KarlF.
    Jun 3, 2008
    Could use some more balancing (the pyro is way underpowered) but other than that this is as close to perfection you can get.
  98. AdamO.
    Jun 6, 2008
    Awesome game, lots of content, never boring, every gamer should own it!
  99. EvanD.
    Jul 1, 2008
    Incredibly fun, brilliantly polished, and continuously supported with free content by Valve. For $20, it's a great buy for anyone that likes traditional shooters.
  100. sp
    Jul 12, 2008
    never seen such a funny game - teamplay requiered !! 10 points.

1. AceGamez
    The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.