9.1

1. Apr 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best game I've ever played, it's absolutely worth every penny down to the detail and fun that the game actually is, it's great, and It deserves respect for the time it took to make, the though about lots of things before releasing it to make it more fun (if you list to the commentary node) It's a wonderful game for veterans, news anyone, everyone can enjoy it if you like FPS with a cartoonish style. Expand
  2. May 4, 2012
    I really enjoy this game. But what gets under my skin is the community. What they lack fro common sense they blame Valve and what I mean by common sense is NOT BUYING STUFF FROM THE STORE OR DELETING ITEMS THAT THEY DON'T WANT!. Apparently the community has forgotten that there is a delete feature in this game along with the crafting feature. I got an email from Jeff Bennet who said thatI really enjoy this game. But what gets under my skin is the community. What they lack fro common sense they blame Valve and what I mean by common sense is NOT BUYING STUFF FROM THE STORE OR DELETING ITEMS THAT THEY DON'T WANT!. Apparently the community has forgotten that there is a delete feature in this game along with the crafting feature. I got an email from Jeff Bennet who said that the stamps you buy go towards the creators of the maps and the ring from Valentine's day went towards someone's actual proposal. Valve does NOT take the profits! They go towards the community! So if you think Valve is greedy then think again! They care very much for their costumers, but it's sad that the community can't return the favor. Expand
  3. May 6, 2012
    Flawless hat simulator! You start off as a poor irish unfortunate with nothing but the will to build the biggest tower of hats any gentlemanne of leisure has ever gased upon. From ghastly gibus to burning team captain team hatress 2 promises a rolercoaster ride of emotion, backstabs and hats.
    Download today!
  4. May 8, 2012
    This is one of the most fun games you can play on your PC in a long time. You can't beat the price (free!) and the gameplay is top notch. The cartoonish graphics age well and easily keep it looking fresh. Download it now!
  5. May 10, 2012
    The Classes in this game are excellently balanced.

-Medic -Scout -Soldier -Demoman -Spy -Engineer -Pyro -Heavy Best Multiplayer game. This game is not about individuals kicking ass but an individual kicking ass helps. You NEED a team that functions properly to succeed. You need a medic giving heals, you need an engineer defending your base and you need Heavies/Soldiers/Demomen/Scouts
    The Classes in this game are excellently balanced.

-Medic
    -Scout
    -Soldier
    -Demoman
    -Spy
    -Engineer
    -Pyro
    -Heavy

Best Multiplayer game. This game is not about individuals kicking ass but an individual kicking ass helps. You NEED a team that functions properly to succeed. You need a medic giving heals, you need an engineer defending your base and you need Heavies/Soldiers/Demomen/Scouts attacking. The game is regularly updated with patches and is FREE. It's also not Pay to Win, It's Pay for Hats.
  6. May 15, 2012
    TF2 is very addictive, different then other all fps games, custom weapons, hats ,misc items,classes, maps,mods everything you need in this game and this game have very high skilllevel.(maybe some classes dont have much)

It is the best game i have played in my entire life.
  7. May 17, 2012
    Collects hats, shoot nerds. If you like CoD you won't like TF2 very much. The updates are now hats and wortless weapons but doesn't bother me too much. I agree with the haters of this game, the tf2 team needs to make more valubale updates
  8. Jun 27, 2012
    It might not be for people who like realistic games, but I reccomend it to anyone who enjoys fast paced, and quick gun combat.. Constant updates keep fans engaged. Get 3 friends and get to building a better way to play this game.
  9. May 19, 2012
    Absolutely fantastic. A gloriously fun and hilarious game. The gameplay for actually playing the game is wonderful. Definitely the best free game I have ever played.
  10. May 30, 2012
    Love this game and everything about it. Been playing for about 6 months now and every moment is enjoyable. If you love FPS gaming with teamwork, this is the game for you.
  11. May 31, 2012
    No matter if you are old school and liked it vanilla, no matter if you instead like how it is now with its renewed checks and balances, no matter if you think hats are a good thing or a bad thing, optional or not, this game is probably the closer thing to perfection you'll ever get. If you don't think so, think again. If it IS not so, they are trying hard every time to improve it,No matter if you are old school and liked it vanilla, no matter if you instead like how it is now with its renewed checks and balances, no matter if you think hats are a good thing or a bad thing, optional or not, this game is probably the closer thing to perfection you'll ever get. If you don't think so, think again. If it IS not so, they are trying hard every time to improve it, maintaining that indie game spirit in contact with its community even after Valve became a colossus of a game industry. Everytime you complain about balance, even if in your head you apparently came up with what sounds to you like a good point, think of yourself in third person and verify if that is not if you are losing. If you are still not convinced, still think of any possible similar (which is already hard) FPS and realize that the balance is still the best there is. Who complains about these things is only right in a very small percentage of cases, in which Valve has shown to be willing to fix weapons that had been out for a lot of time already (es.: Sandvich). The only negative point I'll state is the Mannconomy. Not because users are sharks, that's their fault and not the game's, but mostly because it makes you think it's optional but uses the usual korean-mmorpg-like mindgames to almost make it non optional, cutting you a bit out of the game if you are not part of the market, not to mention the idea of crates which is pure money-sucking (buying for lottery tickets). Still, if these usually **** ideas are put there to fund such a great game, this complaint might as well be ignored. Expand
  12. Jul 2, 2012
    This game is one of my favorites, and by far one of the most amazing first person shooters of all time. Im never bored and spend way too much time playing, it's also insanely addictive. If I get tired of one character theres 8 more behind him, and each character is fun and serves credit to the team. In a red vs blue battle you play as the: heavy with big weapons, scout who's fast, a medicThis game is one of my favorites, and by far one of the most amazing first person shooters of all time. Im never bored and spend way too much time playing, it's also insanely addictive. If I get tired of one character theres 8 more behind him, and each character is fun and serves credit to the team. In a red vs blue battle you play as the: heavy with big weapons, scout who's fast, a medic who heals, a engineer who builds machines, a demo man, sniper, spy who can disguise as players on the other team, a pyro with a flamethrower, and a soldier with a rocket launcher. Theres no campaign, and as of right now there is 8 different game modes. This game rocks, and you can't pass it up. Expand
  13. Jun 21, 2012
    When it comes to the average first person shooter, Team Fortress 2 is really unique. It isn't like most first person shooters where you just pump your enemies full of lead. It has a lot more content and mechanics involved, in addition to having many gamemodes. The classes are all different and for the most part balanced. You can choose a swift class, the Scout, to complete objectives suchWhen it comes to the average first person shooter, Team Fortress 2 is really unique. It isn't like most first person shooters where you just pump your enemies full of lead. It has a lot more content and mechanics involved, in addition to having many gamemodes. The classes are all different and for the most part balanced. You can choose a swift class, the Scout, to complete objectives such as capturing the flag or capturing a point. You can choose a slow but tough class, such as the Heavy, to mow down enemies and defend points. You can choose a stealthy, low profile class, such as the Spy, and silently infiltrate the enemy's ranks. So many different possibilities with this game! To make it even better, it's free. Most weapons and items can be found in-game just by playing. It makes you want to buy items, though, because of how great the game is. I definitely recommend this as a fun game or as a change from the normal first person shooters. Expand
  14. Jul 2, 2012
    This game is Perfect, And it gets better every time valve update it.

Graphics-10/10 Gameplay-11/10 Re-playability-100/10 It was the best game in 2007 and it still is now! Continuous updates, huge community, huge eco-system and now it's FREE! Just a note to some reviewers here, giving the game a low score because you want a refund because it's free now is a lame excuse, I've put
    This game is Perfect, And it gets better every time valve update it.

Graphics-10/10
    Gameplay-11/10
    Re-playability-100/10

Just a note to some reviewers here, giving the game a low score because you want a refund because it's free now is a lame excuse, I've put about £70 in total into this game since I bought it in 2007 and i never want a single penny to be refunded as this game was worth every penny.

If i could i'd give it 1000000/10, but sadly metacritic only lets me go to 10 :')
  15. Jan 16, 2014
    One of the best online multiplayer shooters ever made. It's the very definition of how a game should be balanced. Even though I have over 250 games in my Steam library and plenty of online shooters to choose from, I always find myself coming back and playing a few rounds on my favorite servers.
  16. Jul 14, 2012
    Its the perfect semi-casual shooter that you can play every day or once a month and still get great enjoyment out of it. For everything that this game offers for FREE, it is hard to beat. One of my all time favorites.
  17. Apr 13, 2014
    Single handedly the best game I've ever played in my life. This is the most balanced game ever created (yes including chess). Famous for being one of the first games that provided endless non stop free updates to keep the game fresh and interesting. To this day the community is as strong as ever and this game continues to inspire gamers and developers alike and give them something amazingSingle handedly the best game I've ever played in my life. This is the most balanced game ever created (yes including chess). Famous for being one of the first games that provided endless non stop free updates to keep the game fresh and interesting. To this day the community is as strong as ever and this game continues to inspire gamers and developers alike and give them something amazing to strive towards.
    To say I got my "bang for my buck" would be a grievously colossal understatement. No game in history as ever been so good that it helped sell other games by offering items to redeem in that very same game. As such I think it's important to give proper respect to a game that essentially inspired gamers to try more and different games in the process. Hand's down, in solemn solute and prayers, this game is in a league of its own. I only regret that I could not give this game a score higher than 10.
  18. May 17, 2013
    Do I even need to say anything about this excellent first-person shooter? Vibrant characters, actual balance, and hats, all for free. Download this now. 10/10 Mushie Lands.
  19. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is free. This game is fantastic. One of the most balanced FPS's ever, it gives each class a specific use, and none are useless. There are so many gamemodes to play and items to collect and use, it's amazing. Plus, all you have to do to become premium and unlock trading and a larger backpack is buy one item from the store. Like, one 30p item. The microtransactions are veryThis game is free. This game is fantastic. One of the most balanced FPS's ever, it gives each class a specific use, and none are useless. There are so many gamemodes to play and items to collect and use, it's amazing. Plus, all you have to do to become premium and unlock trading and a larger backpack is buy one item from the store. Like, one 30p item. The microtransactions are very justified as it is a free game. Quite possibly the best online shooter ever made. Oh, and hats. Expand
  20. Mar 22, 2016
    The best free to play game next to Path of Exile. I have been loading this game up randomly for the past 6 years and have been loving it all along. It is less punishing than Counter-Strike to jump into as a beginner and offers tons of good maps and game types, all for free.
  21. Jan 5, 2013
    The perfect game, everything from the music to gameplay is pretty much 99.9% perfected.

Optimization of graphics - This isn't a **** console port, and you know valve.. they make games run well on all platforms. My $110 graphics card can max this game easily at 60+ FPS 1920x1080 resolution and the graphics are pretty good. Valve is not money grubbing, sure, they have microtransactions

Valve is not money grubbing, sure, they have microtransactions but it's not in your face or obnoxious. They do it in humurous ways that make you chuckle, and leave it as an option. They're only hats, after all. It's free to play now, they need a source of income and they're doing it right. I'd buy a hat if I had lots of money just to donate to valve for being awesome.

The characters all have their own personality and guns. There's a medic, an engineer, a sniper, etc. This game does everything right that others do wrong because it's not made by a money sucking piece of **** corporation like Treyarch or Activision. Call of Duty and all the other badly optimized console ports out there are what sets gaming back.
  22. Nov 1, 2013
    I'm not a huge fan of first person shooters, but this game is awesome. It still stands up to most games today (Nov, 2013). It's hysterical yet very in-depth, relying heavily of a well balanced team made up of 7+ different classes.

This game will be remembered as a classic, but luckily it still has some good years ahead of it.
  23. Dec 11, 2012
    The game has changed drastically since launch and there are a lot of OPINIONS about it. It's free to play now and after years of updates there are tons of official maps and game modes on top of all the community made content. The core gameplay is solid with "vanilla"/no-crit servers available if the hats and new weapons bother you so much. With tons of player customization options and userThe game has changed drastically since launch and there are a lot of OPINIONS about it. It's free to play now and after years of updates there are tons of official maps and game modes on top of all the community made content. The core gameplay is solid with "vanilla"/no-crit servers available if the hats and new weapons bother you so much. With tons of player customization options and user made content, this is my favorite non-"brown 'n' bloom" FPS on the market. Expand
  24. Nov 15, 2012
    the best game you can buy for free. some may say that it's turned into a hat simulator but if you don't focus on that you will have the most fun fps experience in your life. no really go and download steam and get it. you won't be disappointed
  25. Nov 29, 2012
    This game is fun, no doubt about it. I like the way that there are many different classes (9 to be exact) which has different equipment, requiring different strategies and techniques to excel in the game, giving players a chance to experience different methods to play the game. Although many people are troubled that its not the same as COD or Halo, but who cares? Not every game must haveThis game is fun, no doubt about it. I like the way that there are many different classes (9 to be exact) which has different equipment, requiring different strategies and techniques to excel in the game, giving players a chance to experience different methods to play the game. Although many people are troubled that its not the same as COD or Halo, but who cares? Not every game must have the same gaming system.

Whats more interesting? I like all the events and different accessories you can put on your team, which most games do not establish this. The trading system gets so popular now and its perhaps one of the few main things that TF2 differs from other popular games. TF2 is free, exciting, and really fun to play. Overall, the Multi-player and Co-op games are good, making the game feel enjoyable despite the fact that you may be doing the same thing over and over again. TF2 has also a wide variety of games, instead of just Capture the Flag, Base Defending, etc.

This game, my advice, is a MUST to play.
  26. Nov 19, 2012
    I am playing this game since December 2008 and all I have to say is: go play it. This is the best (now free to play!) game since Quake 3 Arena. Give it a go!
  27. Nov 22, 2012
    This game is an ABSOLUTE must have. I have owned it since it's release, and it's quite a hoot. Dieing is not too punishing, and teamwork is a must in this game. It's very relaxed, and very rarely do people get mad playing it. The graphics are fun, not attempting to be extraordinary. The one and only thing I can find wrong with this game is the Mann Co store. It has gotten quite out ofThis game is an ABSOLUTE must have. I have owned it since it's release, and it's quite a hoot. Dieing is not too punishing, and teamwork is a must in this game. It's very relaxed, and very rarely do people get mad playing it. The graphics are fun, not attempting to be extraordinary. The one and only thing I can find wrong with this game is the Mann Co store. It has gotten quite out of hand, leaving players scrambling to find hats that provide no value to the game. Besides this, it is constantly being updated and nurtured. Many new game modes have arrived since release and the game is constantly being modified by the community, making the game highly re-playable. Expand
  28. Dec 22, 2012
    With over 250 hours of this to date since June 2012, this game became my go-to game for fun. Even though i must say that having premium is good, I loved it even before i bought items, having 200 of the 250 hours being played free. A terrific game with massive flexibility, it delivers on every level, from being challenging to play, to (unlike a lot of free-to-play games) excluding aWith over 250 hours of this to date since June 2012, this game became my go-to game for fun. Even though i must say that having premium is good, I loved it even before i bought items, having 200 of the 250 hours being played free. A terrific game with massive flexibility, it delivers on every level, from being challenging to play, to (unlike a lot of free-to-play games) excluding a pay-to-win aspect, as while some weapons may make you more powerful, the drop rates ensure that you will get the items you need to be on level ground with others, and all the weapons are balanced in such a way that makes it even more fair. This game never fails to deliver, no matter what I am looking for, from the default game modes to the community made game modes, there is always something new to try, and fun to have. I would pay good money for this game. The free-to-play aspect is just a bonus. Expand
  29. Nov 25, 2012
    Simply put. The best online multyplayer shooter ever created. The box says it all: "the most fun you can have online". (*valve delivers*). The simple fact that they are still giving it major updates even five years after release, tells you all you need to know...
  30. Dec 4, 2012
    this is really good game for all people who love fps games. and VALVE should keep updating to make the game more exciting. and please don't make a Team Fortress 3
  31. Dec 30, 2012
    If you're not considering the community of this and just vanilla game play this would get a five or six out of ten for being a decent team shooter but doesn't keep me interested for long.However due to this game having so many different modes due to the community I keep playing and it gets an extra two marks.Well done Valve.
  32. Jan 5, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is the perfect combination of humor, intensity, and war. It has different scenarios to play for different people's game taste such as King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, Attack/Defense, and more. There are also a combination of different people to play which gives the game more variety. This is a very fun game and its free!
  33. Aug 24, 2013
    I would give it a 10, but there are a small amount of problems. Things like the over-priced Mann. Co store, but you can always trade with other players. There's a huge amount of fun to be had, if you look carefully. With heaps of servers, people, and Valve constantly adding new things, there will always be something new to discover, and each time you start up the game will never be the same.
  34. May 18, 2013
    This is one of my favorite games of all time. I played it since November 2012 starting off as a F2P and turned my self into a premium due to the amount of fun i had in TF2. A while i stopped playing and then a few months later i came back to it and continued to have more fun. Valve simply makes amazing games. The gameplay and combat is something other games rarely have such as the spyThis is one of my favorite games of all time. I played it since November 2012 starting off as a F2P and turned my self into a premium due to the amount of fun i had in TF2. A while i stopped playing and then a few months later i came back to it and continued to have more fun. Valve simply makes amazing games. The gameplay and combat is something other games rarely have such as the spy class where you can cloak invisible and disguise yourself as other enemy's. All 9 classes are unique and something different from other generic FPS's such as Battlefield and Call of Duty. This game has a lot of content, items you can craft and find. Valve even goes updating this game every year since it's release, a well deserving game that i think you should get. Expand
  35. Feb 23, 2013
    Good:Many classes,many weps,many maps,many game play modes and is an apsolute enjoyment to play.
    Bad:Some items at the Mann.co shop are way more expensive then they should be.
  36. Jan 8, 2013
    Incredible in every way. That, topped off with the fact that you can download it absolutely free, makes this a no-brainer to buy. If you don't already own this, download it, for free, from Steam now.
  37. Jan 12, 2013
    its good the graphic is kind of good but i still have problem with the game, why is it turn sideway when i play? ignore this : asdqefsdf s se fsef saefds awfdsa awdsa waefrdswe sawefdsawf sawfdsaw aswd
  38. Jan 21, 2013
    hatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshats
  39. Jan 24, 2013
    The game is very cool. Many options, many weapons. The store system is cool, since you can just buy things in the store and use promptly or play the game and earn the stuff after a few hours of game play. I don't believe it is better than QCTF, but definitely a great game (I just miss grenades so much). I think the worse part of the game is a couple of stupid players in a few servers.
  40. Jan 25, 2013
    I've been playing this game on and off since it went live, and I always come back to it. I don't think there's a single MMO/FPS out there which I've been playing for so many years without getting bored. Regardless of what bads say, this game does require skill, and skill does count. You will always notice certain people with much higher k/d ratios than others - repeatedly suiciding for 1I've been playing this game on and off since it went live, and I always come back to it. I don't think there's a single MMO/FPS out there which I've been playing for so many years without getting bored. Regardless of what bads say, this game does require skill, and skill does count. You will always notice certain people with much higher k/d ratios than others - repeatedly suiciding for 1 kill doesn't pay off. The addition of more weapons has been a benefit IMO, there are counters for everything, and if you do communicate with your fellow players, you can counter anything.

Even after all this time, the graphical style still pleases me. The graphics simply haven't dated. The characters are fantastic, and the most commonly used maps are sublime.

I have to say that I love this game and I'd pretty much rate it up there with the best games of all time.
  41. Jan 30, 2013
    very good game. play it for hours on end :) give it two thumbs up! very good graphics, and gaming sounds. just need a few new weapons each month and it will be set to go!
  42. Feb 28, 2013
    Awesome Free2Play Multiplayer Shooter!
  43. Feb 1, 2013
    Honestly, I made a Metacritic account just so I could review this amazing game. I have been playing this game for about 2 years now, and I've gotta say, this game "iz da bomb." Amazing cel shaded art style, nine completely balanced classes with their own unique personality and race (I MEAN, YOU HAVE A BLACK SCOTTISH CYCLOPS AS A CHARACTER), amazing map design, balanced weapons, HATS!, anHonestly, I made a Metacritic account just so I could review this amazing game. I have been playing this game for about 2 years now, and I've gotta say, this game "iz da bomb." Amazing cel shaded art style, nine completely balanced classes with their own unique personality and race (I MEAN, YOU HAVE A BLACK SCOTTISH CYCLOPS AS A CHARACTER), amazing map design, balanced weapons, HATS!, an entertaining storyline in the form of comic books, the ability to survive more then 3 gun shots (I'm looking at you, CoD!) who wouldn't want to play a game like this? Despite the major complaints of "ooh, no mini-map"and "ooh, the graphics aren't realistic" this is the best fps ever. This isn't an opinion. THIS IS A FACT. This is the most wonderful, amazing, fantastic fps out there. I highly recommend that you try this game, and when you do, I humbly promise that you will not regret it. Expand
  44. Feb 9, 2013
    All that is needed to describe this game is three words: Addicting, fun, and intelligent. You will spend countless of hours playing this game and you will never reach the depth of fully understanding and mastering it. Most of all, this game is accessible to anyone who can run it on their computer. That's what makes this game so amazing. Defiantly in the run for Greatest Multipalyer Game ofAll that is needed to describe this game is three words: Addicting, fun, and intelligent. You will spend countless of hours playing this game and you will never reach the depth of fully understanding and mastering it. Most of all, this game is accessible to anyone who can run it on their computer. That's what makes this game so amazing. Defiantly in the run for Greatest Multipalyer Game of All Time. Expand
  45. Jan 11, 2014
    9/10 Amazing

Team Fortress 2 is essentially a fun, free game without any major elements that grants it a "Pay To Win" title. In this game, you'll unlock items normally through achievement progressions and whatnot. Cosmetics: Plays a part in character customization, where hats and clothing can be purchased with real-life money in the in-game shop. Most weapons are really balanced
    9/10 Amazing

Most weapons are really balanced from my experience, every single different one has advantage(s) and disadvantage(s) (except the basic ones). The only other way to unlock weapons faster outside of completing the achievements is by purchasing it in the in-game shop.

Game modes: Good variety of them.

Each classes are equally thought out and balanced. With roles completely different from the other.

Graphics aren't really great, but i'll give them some slack since they're using the Source engine and obviously because it is a 2008 title... OT: Source engine's hit detection is GREAT
  46. May 16, 2013
    Valve: you either hate their games, or you love them. From Portal to Half Life to Left 4 Dead, we all know someone (if not ourselves) who is addicted to every single Valve game. Team Fortress 2 is one of those addicting games you either hate or love, but in my case? I love it. It's a straight forward shooter with nine classes (Sniper, Medic, Heavy, Scout, Engineer, Pyro, Demoman, SoldierValve: you either hate their games, or you love them. From Portal to Half Life to Left 4 Dead, we all know someone (if not ourselves) who is addicted to every single Valve game. Team Fortress 2 is one of those addicting games you either hate or love, but in my case? I love it. It's a straight forward shooter with nine classes (Sniper, Medic, Heavy, Scout, Engineer, Pyro, Demoman, Soldier and the Spy), with weapons and small apparel to be found while playing, about 300 Achievements to unlock, plenty of official gamemodes and servers, funny, competetive, Everything you need in a clever yet simply shooter. Expand
  47. May 11, 2013
    Perfect for casual gamers who like FPS: me, of course. Weapons are balanced (except for Pomson and Righteous Bison), and the HUD is simple, yet informative. Using the minimal HUD definitely changes your experience. The economy is a little skewed (I think a few items should be worth more/less, and as of this writing, a regular key is 5.11 ref and counting, which is ruining the economy), butPerfect for casual gamers who like FPS: me, of course. Weapons are balanced (except for Pomson and Righteous Bison), and the HUD is simple, yet informative. Using the minimal HUD definitely changes your experience. The economy is a little skewed (I think a few items should be worth more/less, and as of this writing, a regular key is 5.11 ref and counting, which is ruining the economy), but the recent SteamPipe conversion drastically changed loading times. The conversion itself and the download for it is rather large, but it's worth it. Load times are shrunk to insignificant seconds, and the game itself runs much faster than before, even with my crappy Internet connection. This is by far the most addictive FPS I have ever played. Expand
  48. Jan 4, 2015
    Very fun but... there are some game modes that confuse me a lot and its hard for me to understand the objective. Other than that the game is very fun and a nice first turn on 2008 PC gaming.
  49. Mar 11, 2013
    Best F2P game ever! Firstly, you don't have to buy items -with real money- this game needs a teamwork. :D *MEDIIIIIIIIC*
    Classes are fair. You can spend a lot time in it.
  50. Mar 2, 2013
    Team fortress 2 is a game that has many different classes. The classes have their own strengths and weaknesses. Players get their own weapons and hats by crafting them out of items they already have or by finding them. The drop rate for equipment is too low in my opinion. You may have to play for days to get that one weapon you want, and the weapons don't feel very different. For example,Team fortress 2 is a game that has many different classes. The classes have their own strengths and weaknesses. Players get their own weapons and hats by crafting them out of items they already have or by finding them. The drop rate for equipment is too low in my opinion. You may have to play for days to get that one weapon you want, and the weapons don't feel very different. For example, you have a rocket launcher. You get a new one. It has 5% more damage, but 5% less rocket travel time. Not a real example from the game, but almost all of the items swing like that. You'll find an item, but it isn't very different or game-changing. Also, the classes feel like they only work in certain situations, but seem broken in use for anything else. For example, the scout class moves very fast, but has a tiny amount of health, and a weak shotgun. The scout will only "work" in close quarters, and if a pyro with a flamethrower blasts you with a bit of fire, you're screwed. I like the characters talking when they do something, like killing someone. It's funny. Overall, the game is fun while it lasts. Expand
  51. Mar 31, 2013
    If you are morally void and enjoy mind numbingly repetitive and explosive barbarous carnage-- this is the game for you. With a sickening multitude of weaponry to vie for, and a large array of garments for the dapper gents, you absorb yourself in to the unforgiving world of Team Fortress 2 and find few triumphs that match dancing on the corpse of your late nemesis.
  52. Apr 30, 2013
    You should buy this game. Now. For free.

Why are you still here? GET TO STEAM AND DOWNLOAD IT. NOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

You're probably wondering: Why?

Because hats and friends and explosions.
  53. Jul 20, 2013
    Only a few words to describe:

Awesome
    Fantastic
    Funny

There are many Servers you can play on.This game has a big source of Game Modes.
    A good Community.
  54. Mar 25, 2013
    By far my favorite game of all time. Every new drop/unlock makes the game that much more enjoyable. All 9 classes are so amazingly balanced that you never feel like your at a disadvantage. The creative game modes like Payload and Attack and Defend on equally creative maps keep the game fresh. It is clearly the king of the FPS, with literally nothing I can think of wrong with it.
  55. Sep 1, 2013
    One of the best shooters I've ever played and its F2P and not like most F2P games ad supported or pay 2 win you can get all the weapons,hats and everything for free through deals promotions and crafting and the basic weapons still work just fine and the visual style is funny and entertaining
  56. Mar 24, 2013
    This game sets the bar for what a multiplayer shooter should be done like. In this game there are 9 classes that fit different peoples play style if you get bored of one class switch to a different one. the tutorial is ok but it does not tell everything you need to know about the game and the practice mode with A.I enemy's is stupid because the bot A.I is just bad but if you get past theThis game sets the bar for what a multiplayer shooter should be done like. In this game there are 9 classes that fit different peoples play style if you get bored of one class switch to a different one. the tutorial is ok but it does not tell everything you need to know about the game and the practice mode with A.I enemy's is stupid because the bot A.I is just bad but if you get past the learning curve then this game is shooter heaven you must work as a team to win and the modes are alot different then your standard TDM and FFA and the graphics are cartoony which makes this game never look outdated and the characters all have personality and color and there is a separate co-op mode that makes the A.I robot versions of the characters non stupid it has its flaws but the flaws only last for the start and if you get past it you will not stop playing, Expand
  57. Apr 20, 2013
    This game is extremely unique, and can be very fun if you play for many hours to build skill, or are just naturally good at the game. Otherwise, you might not enjoy it so much. At this point in it's existence, it's filled with players that have played 1,000+ hours (most I've seen was around 6,000 hours), meaning you're likely to get your ass kicked over and over again. Which means the gameThis game is extremely unique, and can be very fun if you play for many hours to build skill, or are just naturally good at the game. Otherwise, you might not enjoy it so much. At this point in it's existence, it's filled with players that have played 1,000+ hours (most I've seen was around 6,000 hours), meaning you're likely to get your ass kicked over and over again. Which means the game requires a lot of skill, and that's a good thing. The reason I give it a 7 is because I feel they've messed up the gameplay quite a bit with a few of the items they've added, or else I would have given it an 8. And no, I'm not talking about the hats. The hats are fine, they usually don't affect gameplay (unless they're part of an item set), so I don't see any reason to complain about them. But there have been a few weapons and other class items that I feel have botched the gameplay a bit. For example, the Dead Ringer watch. While it doesn't necessarily make playing Spy super easy, it makes the Spy feel incredibly overpowered when you find someone who has practiced using it. If you're on fire, you can feign death and extinguish yourself. If you're running from an enemy who would most definitely be able to kill you with any other invisi-watch, you can feign death and quickly escape. It's recharge time makes it so you could go from killing someone to feigning your death over and over and over again, so the enemy team will never really know that they have yet to actually kill you after seeing you die numerous times. Or, in the case of the Pyro, the Axtinguisher does have damage to players that are not on fire, but does 100% CRITICALS if they are (yes, you read that right). And since the Pyro is a class where you have to get close to melee range to set them on fire anyways, this is often combined with the Degreaser, which allows you to switch weapons faster. Meaning you can set a nearby player on fire quickly, and then instantly kill them with the Axtinguisher. Those are just a couple examples, there are more. And just having a weapon that's effective doesn't ruin the experience right? Well, that is true. But in this case, it makes it so you're never going to want to use a lot of the stock weapons because the added items are better in every single way. Meaning this game lacks balance. In fact, it's set up in such a way that if a certain class is up against another certain class, one of those certain classes will win almost every time. For example, a Scout versus a Heavy. Do not expect to ever beat a Heavy if you're a Scout, unless the Heavy is pretty low on health. But with the two having full health in a one on one battle, you'd have to be an extremely exceptional Scout, and the Heavy would have to be pretty bad for the Scout to win. I'm not taking off a point for that, because a lot of people like that kind of thing and I'm trying to keep the review objective. So, in conclusion, if you don't mind unbalanced weapons, classes that can kill other classes almost every time in certain situations, and don't mind being restricted to to extreme ups and downs of each class, I would definitely recommend this to any first person shooter fan. Expand
  58. Apr 26, 2013
    This game has made me laugh, scream, and mad all at the same time.It has a nice mix of violence and humor. A must have for the FPS fan seeking a laugh.
  59. Jan 23, 2014
    This game is a lot of fun all the different kind of classes and weapons makes for a really fun game the only reason I can't give it a ten is because the lack of maps.
  60. Apr 13, 2014
    I'm not sure what it is about Team Fortress 2 that makes it so great. At first glance, it's very generic to comparison of most online shooters, but there is something that makes Team Fortress 2 unique stand out, perhaps it's the effort developers obviously put into it, perhaps it's the funny side remarks, whatever it is, Team Fortress 2 is a one-of-a-kind game.
  61. Oct 19, 2013
    I got this game as free-to-play. It kept me busy for some years. Nowadays I hate it. Premium players with Unusual hats and Strange weapons made me cry in anger. I was unable to buy anything. However this doesn't mean I'm saying it's bad. No. This game is superb and slick. I love graphics, sound and sense of humour. For those who like to play shooting games this is just necessary. I know II got this game as free-to-play. It kept me busy for some years. Nowadays I hate it. Premium players with Unusual hats and Strange weapons made me cry in anger. I was unable to buy anything. However this doesn't mean I'm saying it's bad. No. This game is superb and slick. I love graphics, sound and sense of humour. For those who like to play shooting games this is just necessary. I know I may sound like hypocrite, but I just can't (and don't want to) pay real money for cosmetic features but without them I feel powerless around premiums stuffed with hats. I will no longer play tf2, cause I know there will be nothing like "hat drops for free-to-play gamers" until end of the world. Still, to praise this game "as it is" and not annoy fans I will give it 10. It deserves it, despite my opinion. Expand
  62. Sep 27, 2014
    I have been playing this beauty for 6 years.It is still the best.(most fun online FPS)The action is endless always something is going explode or bleed.Animations and voices are great.Characters are memorable.The game is unique.If you are thinking to play tf2 stop thinking play it....
  63. Nov 9, 2013
    This game is pure awesomeness and a must play. On my opinion this is the far best FPS I ever EVER played. Oh and how about Hat Fortress? Trading with hats all the day!
  64. Sep 29, 2013
    For a game released in 2007, TF2 is still great in many aspects. The cartoon-like graphical style still makes it look good even for now, and the constant updating of the game allows for the re-playable factor to remain for the 6 years since it's release. The whole surreal '70's action film' aspect of the classes is funny yet somewhat satirical, with the invisibility of the Spy, the doubleFor a game released in 2007, TF2 is still great in many aspects. The cartoon-like graphical style still makes it look good even for now, and the constant updating of the game allows for the re-playable factor to remain for the 6 years since it's release. The whole surreal '70's action film' aspect of the classes is funny yet somewhat satirical, with the invisibility of the Spy, the double jump of the Scout, and the ability to explode yourself in different directions with the Soldier and Demoman. Yes the micro-transactions may have caused the game to lose its way a little, but you could say the same about Dota 2. Either way, not playing TF2 now it is F2P is cardinal sin in my eyes, so go and play it if you've never had the chance. Expand
  65. Feb 7, 2016
    This game is on a whole other level for FPS games. Not only are the mechanics, physics, controls, and gameplay all spot on, but also the whole idea that 9 entirely different play styles (classes) could be balanced so extremely well by Valve is a massive accomplishment. The game has no story mode, but the 'cast' boasts a lot of humor with the banter and quotes from all the differentThis game is on a whole other level for FPS games. Not only are the mechanics, physics, controls, and gameplay all spot on, but also the whole idea that 9 entirely different play styles (classes) could be balanced so extremely well by Valve is a massive accomplishment. The game has no story mode, but the 'cast' boasts a lot of humor with the banter and quotes from all the different characters. There is some backstory, found in comics, but this is for more invested fans. Casual fans will still have a blast. The weapons are very varied, but stock weapons are a lot of fun. The map variety as well as many different game modes makes it very hard to be bored with this game like a lot of FPS shooters. Despite this game having been out for over 7 years now, Valve constantly supports this with new updates and modes. Mann vs Machine is a blast, for example. The workshop function allows for creative designers to create new items/weapons for possible integration in TF2. I would recommend staying away from training mode, the only way to truly improve your skills is online multiplayer, it really speeds up your learning. The community while sometimes having trolls is great banter, the F2P and P2P thing is kind of funny too. probably the best thing about TF2 besides the game itself is the Source Film Maker videos which allow you to take TF2 characters into many world and situations and make a little movie. The Saxxy Awards (Oscars) rank the funniest and most well made every year, this year's overall winner was hilarious (Turbulence). GET THIS GAME NOW IF YOU PLAY VIDEOGAMES AT ALL!!!! Expand
  66. May 27, 2014
    Team Fortress 2 is a game made my Activision, a company also known for their work on the Legend of Zelda series and the Fifa series of Basketball games, and a darn good one at that, it's been a long time since I've played a game of such a high caliber, but yet again I am European, which sucks for a TF2 fan like me, as DLC is often very late and the game itself was released on NintendoTeam Fortress 2 is a game made my Activision, a company also known for their work on the Legend of Zelda series and the Fifa series of Basketball games, and a darn good one at that, it's been a long time since I've played a game of such a high caliber, but yet again I am European, which sucks for a TF2 fan like me, as DLC is often very late and the game itself was released on Nintendo Eshop in just 2013.

I decided to forgive them as they had valid reasons as too why it arrived late for the PAL region, but a 3DS version of the game did come free with the Wii U version, as well as a Ghastly Gibbon bus.
    The 3DS isn't much to rave about, which brings us onto the soundtrack of the game, which was developed by Darude and Lionel Ritchie, and included tracks such as "Don't stop till you get enough, unless you can't be bothered" and my fave "Can you feel the sunshine? No I live in 2Fort"

This game is what I call a DLC game, a game entirely based on DLC, such as various armors, cosmetics and earbuds, and if your pre-order a game, then you get a hat based on Bill from Deadrising 4, which I liked, and my favourite DLC map is the Warioware server, but I prefer the tall good looking one (You know what they say about tall men)

Fan of the film spy kids? Well good for you lads there is a secret agent man class, created by charlie and chocolate factory author Dr. Seuss, and he is french and likes to play with knives, just what kind of parents did he have? But only adulterous and corrupt people use him.

I played the Wii U version, so I can't say anything about the 3DS version, but the Wii U version was indeed a game.
    I give it a six.
  67. Oct 6, 2013
    I was offered TF2 by a friend back in 2009, and I totally fell in love with it; the graphics, the gameplay, the classes: everything was just perfect. We're now in 2013 and I'm still playing, this game is the most balanced and fun one I've ever played, definitely one of the best Online FPS around, everyone should try it. A personal favourite.
  68. Oct 8, 2013
    The easiest game to give a perfect 10 to. ever. Constant updates will constantly pull you back into this fantastic game that just keeps on giving. My favourite game by a mile.
  69. Oct 9, 2013
    It's a fun game, with dozens of maps to choose from and a variety of game modes. I more or less hate the fact that they add a gajillion hats in every update, and sometimes Valve even neglects bugs that have been wandering around annoying people for a long time. Despite these, the appeal is still in there, and I just can't stop playing I've played for 800 hours at this point! I don'tIt's a fun game, with dozens of maps to choose from and a variety of game modes. I more or less hate the fact that they add a gajillion hats in every update, and sometimes Valve even neglects bugs that have been wandering around annoying people for a long time. Despite these, the appeal is still in there, and I just can't stop playing I've played for 800 hours at this point! I don't understand why people hate the F2P aspect, and also why people like whining about more weapons. Despite this, I consider this a genuine novelty of Valve history and that it will live for more years to come, and is fun to play if you ignore the occasional mic spammer or 8-year old kid. Expand
  70. Oct 12, 2013
    Pretty fun game, and certainly addictive. The Characters have great personalities and a great sense of strategic game play. The community creates and shares a lot of new stuff, but it can be annoying when you find a F2P who will try to play like other games. Even if he knows the basics, he will still not care about the main point of the game: teamwork. (Which is essential to win). It´sPretty fun game, and certainly addictive. The Characters have great personalities and a great sense of strategic game play. The community creates and shares a lot of new stuff, but it can be annoying when you find a F2P who will try to play like other games. Even if he knows the basics, he will still not care about the main point of the game: teamwork. (Which is essential to win). It´s free and you can play it without having to buy anything. Give it a try and see if you like it. Expand
  71. Oct 14, 2013
    his game is one of the most unique games I have ever played.

his game is one of the most unique games I have ever played.

With constant updates this game becomes a different game then from most of the first-person shooters you see today. Instead of spray and pray we see this game requires more skill and aim, you rely on you're team to win, you can't just disapear, kill a few things and win like we see in COD instead the only way to win is with sold team work.

The mann-co economy update introduces hats which lets you customize you're character, the ability to trade in this game makes it really fun and gives it even more of a replay value.

This game is now FREE and I don't see any reason to why not download it and give it a try for yourself.

If you have a solid, good PC then this game is a MUST get.
  72. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is incredible. Combining laid back design with fiercely competitive game modes this little gem is the perfect FPS.
    It features a selection of classes, each with an immense arsenal of weaponry, creating a cluster of effective playstyles, limited only by the players imagination. With complex mechanics such as the Sandman-Cleaver combo you can constantly be evolving your pack of skills whilst the game also includes newbie friendly classes with more easy to grasp objectives.
    The massive range of play styles will constantly keep the player entertained from amateur pub level to platinum standard competitive play.
    The icing on the cake comes when anyone can pick it up for free. This really is a game you have absolutely no excuse to ignore.
  73. Nov 7, 2013
    The game full of humor and action has define the meaning of Team Fortress, where not an ordinary realistic FPS of Submachine Guns and Rifles shooting each other, it means that there are 9 special people with 9 special skills other than a person using the gun massacring, but it was also about a teamwork between the classes. Such as Medic, and other Support Classes that would reinforce theThe game full of humor and action has define the meaning of Team Fortress, where not an ordinary realistic FPS of Submachine Guns and Rifles shooting each other, it means that there are 9 special people with 9 special skills other than a person using the gun massacring, but it was also about a teamwork between the classes. Such as Medic, and other Support Classes that would reinforce the offense and the defense class, the game is very entertaining with a large vary of hats and weapons, where you will spend your time countlessly on getting the hats to customize your character unlike a normal standard character. Expand
  74. Nov 6, 2013
    Probably, not going 10 because of the regular problem on the most of TF2's public servers: Unbalanced teams. There actually could be a system that would not drop all of the skilled players on the same team, but share them between both teams, and would do the same thing with F2Ps.
  75. Nov 8, 2013
    Entertained me for 1700+ hours with excellent gameplay that never makes you bored or tired. Loads of weapons, maps, community mods including Slender, Saxton Hale mod (You'll see how much fun it is) and prop hunt. Oh, I forgot to mention one last thing HATS. You'll be obsessed with them! You will want to be good-looking on the battlefield while you kill some hatless peasants!
  76. Nov 9, 2013
    Really love the game, and it's free! so even if you hate it you don't lose money, but how can you hate this game, it's a very fun game, plenty to do and it doesn't lack servers, the characters are very cool and the class system can end up making it into a pretty competitive game, with items to be collected there's always a goal to playing and all you have to do is play the game to get theReally love the game, and it's free! so even if you hate it you don't lose money, but how can you hate this game, it's a very fun game, plenty to do and it doesn't lack servers, the characters are very cool and the class system can end up making it into a pretty competitive game, with items to be collected there's always a goal to playing and all you have to do is play the game to get the items, or you can buy the ones you want in the store but that can get a bit expensive and hats cannot be found and have to be bough.

What also makes this game so great is the community, with people making cool items that can approved by valve and implemented into the game if they are good enought. Great game and completely free, a must play.
  77. Nov 23, 2013
    Truly a SPECTACULAR game to play. I am even able to play this game on one single server that replays the the same map 24/7 (Ozzy Furocity on the map 2Fort) and yet, I'm STILL having an unbelievable amount of fun!!
  78. Nov 23, 2013
    I have spent many, many hours just fiddling around in this game. This masterpiece just keep making itself better and better and more enjoyable. I see all the work they put into this project. However, I do how people do not like this game because of the cartoony and funny feel. This game was made to be a very serious FPS with GET TO POINT GAMMA GO! GO! GO! But then, this game just got lessI have spent many, many hours just fiddling around in this game. This masterpiece just keep making itself better and better and more enjoyable. I see all the work they put into this project. However, I do how people do not like this game because of the cartoony and funny feel. This game was made to be a very serious FPS with GET TO POINT GAMMA GO! GO! GO! But then, this game just got less like that. A hat simulator. Who would've guessed that? Lots of random things happen and makes the gamer laugh and enchance how rich the game is. This game is one of my absolute favorite games and one I would spend money on just for items. I hope you enjoyed this random "speech". How do you think about my first critic? Expand
  79. Nov 25, 2013
    One of the best free to play FPS games ever to be created. It requires you to participate with the team to complete the objectives instead of just brainlessly killing people over and over again like in Call of Duty. This is also one of the few good cartoon FPS games. It is casual so no one gets mad at you for fooling around. I love how each class has their own personality and abilitiesOne of the best free to play FPS games ever to be created. It requires you to participate with the team to complete the objectives instead of just brainlessly killing people over and over again like in Call of Duty. This is also one of the few good cartoon FPS games. It is casual so no one gets mad at you for fooling around. I love how each class has their own personality and abilities that lets the player contribute to the team. My only problem is that there are a lot of bugs due to the constant updates (which I love). I would give it a 9.5 if I could. Expand
  80. Nov 27, 2013
    This game ruined my life. It is the best multiplayer shooter i ever played! Simply amazing! You have nine different classes to play and the cartoon graphics make the game better, more funny!
  81. Nov 30, 2013
    This is just a great game which is meant to be fun. I don't think that it is for everyone, however, I can't stop playing this game. I just bought Battlefield 4, but I am still playing Team Fortress 2. I love the goofiness of the game and the pacing is fantastic. Check it out, its free, and then you can decide for yourself if you like this game.
  82. Dec 12, 2013
    Worst game ever spent all my money on virtual hats and fed Gabe Newl 7 billion chocolate bars with that money. P.S awesome game most fun you'll have had shooting each other
  83. Dec 29, 2013
    This game is almost a requirement for anyone new to the PC gaming community. Not only does this game provide a AAA title with excellent weapon choice, balance, and class roles, it's also an entirely free game. Additionally, this game's Free to play (F2P) model is a great example for any developer, as even though it provides perks like inventory space, drop rate, and trading when upgradingThis game is almost a requirement for anyone new to the PC gaming community. Not only does this game provide a AAA title with excellent weapon choice, balance, and class roles, it's also an entirely free game. Additionally, this game's Free to play (F2P) model is a great example for any developer, as even though it provides perks like inventory space, drop rate, and trading when upgrading to premium, no item or gametype is restricted from any Free to Play user.
    However, this game has a large "trading" system in-game, allowing players to trade items to each other. This may sound like an interesting mechanic, but many players have turned Team Fortress into a hub for trading, making servers for almost only such an act. If you are not interested in profiting from trading, avoid any server with a trade tag. As well, this game does not have a CD format and takes a large amount of data to download.
    Overall, 8/10 felt appropriate for recent server implications and the data overhaul needed, but find a good list of servers to favorite, and you shouldn't have to ever worry about them. Also, a Terabyte of Memory is the average data of a modern desktop, and 14 gigs shouldn't be a problem unless you have a poor connection to the Internet. Not just a recommendation or a suggestion, almost a requirement.
  84. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is an endless amount of fun. It is always going through updates, which make new weapons, hats, and other things, such as modes. The newest mode, Mann vs Machine (MVM) is really fun, you fight robots that look like the characters you can be! Get it. Its an endless amount of fun, which is free now!
  85. Jan 21, 2014
    TF2 is a free game.
    It is 100 times better than Call Of Duty or Battlefield (ok, maybe not battlefield4)
    Seeing as it is free, i will leave the reason to get it up to you to find out.
    SO GO GET THIS FRIGGIN GAME
  86. Mar 8, 2014
    Team Fortress 2. As soon as I saw the Meet the Team trailers for this game, I knew I had to have it. These trailers were so well done, that I think that just one of them would be a perfect short that plays before a movie. As for the actual game, I finally got my chance to play it at Christmas time in the year 2011 when I got it with the Orange Box, which also came with Half-Life 2 andTeam Fortress 2. As soon as I saw the Meet the Team trailers for this game, I knew I had to have it. These trailers were so well done, that I think that just one of them would be a perfect short that plays before a movie. As for the actual game, I finally got my chance to play it at Christmas time in the year 2011 when I got it with the Orange Box, which also came with Half-Life 2 and Portal. So is this game as amazing as I had hoped it would be from the awesome trailers, or is the game just your average class-based multiplayer shooter with cartoony graphics? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is just about the most fun gameplay imaginable in a video game. The entire game is a class-based multiplayer first-person shooter. There are several different modes of play in this game. There is attack and defend, which is a mode where the blu team (no, I did not just spell "blue" wrong, that is really how the team is spelled in the game) attacks control points, and the red team defends them. The blu team needs to capture these points before time runs out, while the red team needs to defend them until time runs out. There is also king of the hill, where both teams must compete over a central control point, and hold it for a certain amount of time. Then there's capture the flag, which is capturing the enemy's briefcase of intelligence while defending your own. There are many more modes, but these are just to name a few. You begin each mode by choosing the class you want to play as out of all nine classes in the game. The classes are scout, soldier, pyro, demoman, heavy, engineer, medic, sniper, and spy. All of these classes are very fun to play as because they are all totally different in both gameplay and personality. The scout is the fastest class in the game, and is good for quick offensive raids. The soldier is the most balanced class in the game, with average speed, and a very powerful rocket launcher. Pyro can set things on fire with his flamethrower at close range, and that's all that really needs to be said. The Demoman has a grenade launcher, which he can use to lob grenades at enemies. The heavy is the most powerful class in the game, and can destroy everything with his minigun. The engineer can build turrets and dispensers to help defend locations. The medic can heal everyone on the go with his medigun. The sniper can take out enemies from a distance with his sniper rifle, and the spy can disguise himself as the enemy, and back-stab them with his knife. As for what I mean by different personalities, I mean that the classes themselves are essentially their own characters in the game. They all come from different countries, have different back stories, and even have their own sense of humor and quotes. Because the classes of this game are all so different, this makes the game utterly unique compared to other multiplayer shooters. The game has many unique game modes to play as well. This game is so much more than your average first-person shooter, and that's a good thing. It went so far to be unique, and succeeded spectacularly. As for the graphics, let's just say, if you thought the gameplay of this game was unique, just wait till you see the graphics. Not only is the gameplay different from the average first-person shooter, but the graphics are different as well. Most shooters try for a realistic approach to graphics, making everything look as close to life as possible. This game however, does the exact opposite, it tries to make the game look as cartoony as possible. That's right, this game's graphics go for the cartoony approach rather than the realistic one like most shooters. Of course, the real question is, does this game succeed with this cartoony approach? I can happily say that the answer is yes. The game not only looks beautiful, but it also fits the already zany feel of the game. As for the presentation, it is one of the best I've ever seen in a multiplayer shooter. Everything in this game handles well, and everything is easy to use and access. Overall, I'd say if you don't have this game, you need to get it now! This is a game that everyone in the world needs to play. It has spectacular gameplay, beautiful graphics, and a wonderful presentation to top it all off.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Presentation: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  87. Feb 2, 2014
    One of the most overrated games of this generation in my opinion. Since this game is free, i can't say it's a waste of money, but why waste time on a mediocre shooter, when you can get way better ones for just a few euros?
    None of the maps in this game are very memorable; they mostly just look the same. being able to choose out of 9 classes makes it seem like you have a lot of choice, but most of them (i'm talking to you, scout and medic) are useless compared to OP classes like heavy and pyro.
    The biggest flaw of the game, however, is how repetitive most game modes are. Let me tell you about one of the most played game modes; one team has to push a cart along a rail towards a certain point, while the other team has to prevent them from doing so. If you're on the cart-pushing team, this is basically what you do:
    1. Run to the cart.
    2. Push it forwards for maybe 50cm.
    3. Get blown up by sticky bombs and launchers.
    4. Wait for the 15-second respawn delay to end.
    5. Repeat.
    And for the defending team, all you do is throw explosives to the cart, hoping to get a kill. Almost every FPS game (even good ones) are repetitive in a way, but TF2 makes it way too obvious.
    Further on, there's ofcourse a team deathmatch game mode, which is pretty mediocre as well, a capture the point game mode, which is almost just as repetitive as the one i just spoke about, and some more that i don't remember.
    There's no problem in downloading this game since it's free, but don't expect a lot from it.

Overview:

Presentation: 8
    Menu's look good, and the game luckily isn't full of glitches.

Graphics: 6.5
    although the game looks fun, maps are very repetitive.

Sound: 5.5
    No memorable soundtrack or voice acting, and guns don't sound great either.

Gameplay: 3
    This is what i hate the game the most for, since it's repetitive, the classes are unbalanced, and there isn't a single game mode that involves any strategy.

Lasting appeal: 4
    Not much depth in the game, no outstanding maps or game modes, so it wears off quickly.
  88. Mar 20, 2014
    Not a bad game. However, a lot of people play and praise this just because it is free. The gameplay is good and it isn't a bad game, it just doesn't stand up compared to other games that I have paid for.
  89. Feb 2, 2014
    Well, what should I say. The classes are funny and balanced. The weapons are perfectly balanced and will get changed if too over or underpowered. Some bugs, even if funny, can be bad.
  90. Feb 10, 2014
    This is in my top 5 games I have ever played. It is amazing fun and if you are a fan of quick paced action games I guarantee you will be kept entertained. This game is fantastic to play with friends. The classes are enjoyable on their own and each has their own personality, It's also free to play so if you have the time, hard drive space and desire I think you have no excuse for notThis is in my top 5 games I have ever played. It is amazing fun and if you are a fan of quick paced action games I guarantee you will be kept entertained. This game is fantastic to play with friends. The classes are enjoyable on their own and each has their own personality, It's also free to play so if you have the time, hard drive space and desire I think you have no excuse for not playing this game. Expand
  91. Feb 19, 2014
    It's quite a funny game in the beginning, but in the long-term it gets boring for me. It's really diversified, without a lot of classes, weapons, items, etc.
    I mostly recommend it to young teenagers ages 10-15 and to all people who like A LOT of mayhem.
  92. Feb 24, 2014
    This is the best PC fps in my opinion it has amazing maps some community made cool weapons and tons of classes the only bad thing is pyros they are OP.
  93. Feb 26, 2014
    Still the only FPS I regularly boot up and have some zany fast paced fun playing. Never gets old, still looks great. Play this game if you like FPS in the team Vs team style. And there are so many modes, you should not get bored. MEDIC!
  94. Jun 25, 2015
    Team Fortress 2 is ok, its reasonably fun at times, to be honest, i dont see the appeal in all of the cosmetics, but if people like them, then thats fine.
  95. Mar 21, 2014
    A truly, wonderfully, amazing game that has absolutely no boundaries to its diversity and gameplay. A perfectly balanced array of nine varied classes to choose from, the cartoonish yet distinct and unique skins and textures, are just the few strong points Team Fortress 2 have that makes it a genuinely fun game for everybody to play.
  96. Aug 23, 2014
    Cool game that despite showing it's age is still fun to play and has very original and unique characters and several character classes and game modes.
  97. Apr 4, 2014
    people are hating on the f2p restrictions. to them all i can say is buy a 49 cents item from the store and shut
    the **** up. there is a reason why this game is 9,2.
  98. Apr 19, 2014
    This game has a bunch of amazing things for it, i got lost in this game and within less then a year i spent more then 1,287 hours. Very addicting and constant updates. Great community too!
  99. May 5, 2014
    This is a great game for your friends and just alone. You can play it for hours on end with all the different servers! It is a free to play game that you need to have steam for. The only thing wrong with it is that You now have to buy something from the store to start earning items and also players who buy things from the store have an unfair advantage. The store does give the game a funThis is a great game for your friends and just alone. You can play it for hours on end with all the different servers! It is a free to play game that you need to have steam for. The only thing wrong with it is that You now have to buy something from the store to start earning items and also players who buy things from the store have an unfair advantage. The store does give the game a fun aspect though if you cant find that one gun you really want. Well I hope you can enjoy this game as much as I have. Expand
  100. May 18, 2014
    This game is a classic that every player must have. It is free, and yet it is a very good game A game to play with friends, Team Fortress 2 will ensure hundreds of hours of fun. A bit like Garry's Mod, there are many mods available on the game, such as Saxton Hale, my favorite. In short, free install emergency game!

1. AceGamez
    The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.