9.2

1. Aug 18, 2013
    The possibilities, the background story, the mechanics, the variation between classes...It feels like an amazing game. It is amazing. To top that, certain people you play with make the game even better. And despite the hat market and sudden desire to get something on top of your head, it is a truly satisfying experience playing on a server doing something to help your team out of trouble. I've known this for three years already and I am still going. Expand
  2. Aug 23, 2013
    Okay this is going to be a long one... My Team Fortress 2 Review!
    Final Verdict Is te.. no, i must give this a fair review!

Okay lets start of with story: Two land hungry brothers want to take over their deceased father's land and what do they do? Do they Normally talk it out like family? Do they give a fair argument?
    No! One of the hires 9 mercenaries, but the other on stupidly also
    hires 9 mercenaries why didn't he get more?) to have war with each other, which most likely destroy the land but that's out of question. you have to use all 9 mercenaries or classes as they are called to fight and beat the living out of each other.
    Whew that was long but we have a lot more to go as we head into the presentation.
    The game surprisingly goes away from counter strike and cod and has a very cartoonish style of visuals.
    Some people hate these graphics but they are nothing (sorry to all people with that opinion i will give you cake). The game is a FPS With a very cartoony style of visuals, as stated before. And now my final rating is... no not yet because i have to go into Game play!
    Now this is when TF2 is different to other FPS's out on the market. I am a Cod Fan myself but there is one game with more originality and thats Tf2. Same game every year.. humph. Anyway As the steam page says or used to say its a war hat simulation-Valve" Its a very different game to others.
    There are nine classes you can choose from that play different from eachother. The nine classes are:
    Soldier,Pyro,Scout,Heavy,Demoman,Spy,Medic,Engineer and my personal favorite, The Sniper.
    Each one of them plays different from each other as i stated before.
    For example the Scout runs fast and can double jump, The Heavy Has a frickin' huge mini gun at his side and The Engineer has a sentry gun that he can lay down at his disposal. Valve, why are you so creative... that would give it a ten out of ten right there but i digress. One of the biggest things in TF2 is the customization, oh god its HUGE! You have hats, new weapons and even a balloon unicorn that follows you around, thats so cute!
    The loadouts are most likely different to everyone else's choice, but there are the DemoKnight, The Attack Engineer and there is even a jar of your own urine! Icant go on for any longer because i would break my fingers so i should wrap this up.
    Team Fortress 2 is an amazingly creative,fun and just a downright great experience.
    Also have i mentioned the the game is free, yeah you can download it from steam whenever you like.
    But don't get it on Xbox 360 or Ps3, they are quite s**t port i do say myself and they havent been updated since 2007 soo... get it on pc!
    My final rating that you have already seen is..... 10!
    Thankyou for reading my review and i hope, if you haven't play this game. But you would already be playing right? PLAY NOW!
  3. Sep 16, 2013
    while i don't think this is the greatest fps ever like some other people do, it's a good competitive multiplayer game. although my favorite part is the very well done co-op mode. there are varying classes which ensures that there'a a class that almost everyone will like, as well as weapons and crates that you can find.
  4. Sep 6, 2013
    The original TF2 was awesome, but Valve totally screwd the games with hats and needless things like that, also, the announcer of the game is just horrible! It is a old woman just trying to yell at the screen, nevertheless, I will say this game deserves a 6.
  5. Sep 15, 2013
    I have played this game since 20-10, I stopped playing it because of Dota. Not saying that I started to get bored because of this game. Actually, this is the only on-line game I have played for 3 years. I love the characters. They have their own skill and style, in the game, my favourite character is spy, this is a very interesting character, in other fps gun games, the knife is not so important. I don't think you would use the knife when playing cso, ava...but valve create a character that need it, if you told the people you need knife in a gun game 10 years ago, they would send you to the hospital! But team fortress 2 change their views( I was one of them before). And in this game, team work is very important. Also, this game allows players to make their maps and their playing modes, for example zombie mode. Also I like the trailers, valve uses his heart to make this game, not only for earning money, they take care of the players! Many other games forget about it. They didn't care about the players, they just want money, and their result is fail. Team Fortress 2 did a good job on it. Only one small thing I think they should do better, it is that they should create more weapons. Because the numbers of weapon didn't increase a lot, and I hope it will change.
    Maybe valve will make team fortress 3 in the future! I am waiting for that day.
  6. Oct 8, 2013
    Still the most fun you can have online and thats saying a lot, a very fun game and a very friendly community that is still going strong you will meet people in this game you will want to play with again. i have almost 2000 hours in this game and it is still one of my favorite games of all time. PLUS YOU GET UPDATES AND DLCS AND PATCHES EVERY FEW MONTHS THAT ADD MAPS,WEAPONS AND OTHER ITEMS FOR FREE! Expand
  7. Oct 31, 2013
    Great game all round, F2P, brilliant gameplay. You should not ignore this game it's better than your average COD. Apart from a few annoying things this game is a brilliant experience.
  8. Sep 22, 2013
    It is the best Multi-player Team based FPS You can find.
    There is no bad aspect about it.
    i can't say anything more than that other than GET THIS GAME NOW.
  9. Sep 25, 2013
    Valve has managed this game very well. Its success is reflected in how long it has stayed alive as a game relying solely on pvp. From a game mod to a great game, Team Fortress 2 doesn't give you repetitive first-person shooter game play, offering you several different modes of objectives, and different classes with different specializations to spice up the game. Valve also constantly updates the game, thus ensuring there will be new content, along with player-contributed mods and the like.
    Overall, great game to pick up, considering that its free and really enjoyable even to people like me who are not completely interested in first-person shooters.
  10. LHy
    Sep 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A very enjoyable experience with a great economy and a lot of things going for them, the hats I believe are 60% of the reason that people play this game, the economy is great, people love to "dress up" their characters, this game not only brings you that, but an amazing online experience. Expand
  11. Oct 5, 2013
    This game is definitely in my top 10 favorite video games. Sure, the hat collecting is pointless but it gives us a chance to customize our characters into wacky things. The game really wasn't supposed to be serious in the first place, just a fun competition between red and blue.
  12. Oct 15, 2013
    I love this game. It gets a perfect 10 from me. There are a lot of immature 6 and 7 year old kids, but i just ignore them or tell them to shut up, but other than that, the game is a masterpiece.
  13. Oct 18, 2013
    Not once has a game thrilled me with such... genialidad (That's Spanish)! All the classes have their own upsides and downsides, all very fun and creative. Heavy gets boring if you want a challenge since he walks around with a minigun slowly shooting at enemies with 300 HP, but there are some things to do as him like defend medics or defend control points. Mann Co was a great idea, supporting Valve by you paying for items that you'll love. Trading is very helpful, where you can trade weapons for weapons, hats for hats, etc. Also, even though they aren't avoidable, there aren't so many ragekids. So that's good. There is so many step ups from TFC (Which is a great game, and worth the money so I recommend it) like moving sentries, going faster, new weapons and abilities, etc. Fun, joy and challenge awaits in a free fabulous masterpiece! Expand
  14. Dec 4, 2013
    An amazing game for anytime of the day, I'm always playing this. I seriously recommend getting Team Fortress 2, I'ts simply amazing. I literally play this every single day just to be entertained.
  15. Dec 9, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is the perfect blend of seriousness and silliness, from hats that have planets spinning around them to flip flops this game has it all. I highly recommend this game to anyone interested.
  16. Dec 26, 2013
    I have no idea why there are negative reviews. This game combines unique cartoon like graphics, fun shooting, and humor for no price. Hats are awesome and the weapons are good. Each class has weaknesses and strong points. The game is a must have :D
  17. DME
    Jul 10, 2012
    Team Fortress 2 has gotten a really bad rep for making some huge mistakes. However, these mistakes have been resolved. All weapons are balanced again, including the unlockable ones. Cosmetics do not drastically change the appearance of a player. Players no longer trade things in the middle of a match and are actually playing objectively now. Spies can no longer attack while invisible. And the biggest part, there's no longer massive updates every week. So you can spend more time playing and less time downloading things. With all these fixes, TF2 is an amazing and deep strategic shooter with lots of content, servers, and players, yet surprisingly remains hacker-free. Expand
  18. Oct 11, 2010
    This was really really fun for me at first but as time went on it kinda lost it's appeal and recent changes have made this title appeal even less to me. I really don't like the fact that they added a store where you can just buy the special items.
  19. Oct 8, 2010
    Great game, More developers should look at what value is doing with this game, this game has the greatest support for its community. The big thing is they keep adding to this game making it better and more enjoyable and on top of that they do it all for free which tells you that they want you to keep playing there product because you know that they love it as much as you do. The downside if any is there is no solo player which means if your internet goes down then you won't be able to enjoy the game. I highly recommend buying this game because they are currently still adding to it and that just amazing. Expand
  20. Mar 12, 2013
    A game that every self respecting fps or any gamer on that matter should have in his/her collection, because it's an absolute blast. VALVe has once again crafted a masterpiece.
    Graphics and atmosphere: this game is an absolute eye candy, even to this day its distinct style and atmosphere gives it a unique personality. Sound effects and narration from ever mercenary are superb to say the
    least, the humor, the music and the way team members interact is a great way for player to be immersed into this world. (Oh, by the way, Pyro is a walking mystery)
    Gameplay: every mercenary has his own set of weapons, which makes match varied, interesting and most importantly balanced. Another absolutely brilliant thing is the way classes interact. Many attacks have their counter-attacks, which means that no class can be the most powerful or superior to other classes. For example engineers sentries can be considered to be the most powerful weapons in the game but if opponent is smart he/she can demolish your hard work by stabbing engi in the back, sapping the sentry, blowing it with sticky bombs or with sniper rifle out long range, or request help from medic and together they'll tear the apart with Uber. And that's the beauty of the game: variety and team work.
    If you like, you can check your stats of how well you've played in your account. Many servers supports Replay option, which let's you to rewatch moments of your battles in servers.
    Other.. stuff...: beside fun competitive gameplay there's also co-op, which will test your strategy, team work and skill against hordes of robotic copies of the mercenaries. Believe me, co-op is an absolute blast. Probably another key feature of what makes this game a great experience is its Mann-conomy, which is a built in trading system and shop of various items, most notably the hats and new weapons. You can buy hats with real money, or trade them with other people, or craft them or find them... And all of that still keeps the community to grow and act like a busy hive. (it's been about 6 years since TF2 has launched and the community is very active, again proving the ingenuity of Valve)
    Now here comes the fun part this whole package is absolutely free (except hats and trading until you go premium, but premium can cost you just about 30 cents) so it would be silly not to try it out.
  21. Oct 26, 2010
    A great online team fps, 'man'conomy is not my brand of tea though, microtransactions for an advantage in game is an evil mechanism, ruining the balance and makes you feel cheap if you do buy that new gun. Standard load outs are outdated now and although you can still do well you can't win against the weapon advantage all the time, overall it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, still i keep coming back to what is a superb fame anyway with only the slight marr of microtransactions. Expand
  22. Dec 9, 2010
    I found Team Fortress 2 Fun in short bursts but beyond that it gets a bit repetitive. Everything about the game however is highly polished as we have come to expect from Valve. I find the way people Grind for game items quite offputting & boring. I think the game would be a lot better if it gave the regular rewards for active playing (ontop of the achievement ones and randoms) Instead of just awarding them randomly for X hours played. Expand
  23. Mar 9, 2013
    Not much to say about this masterpiece of a game except the recent choices it has made such as the mann-conomy, micro transactions, Free-2-Play and the other bogus, plaguing/plagued the game with lag, crashes, DRM delay, hitbox denials and one of the worst communities of all time. Yet I'm still playing it now over 2000 hours to count. Why? Because It's a fun game and I sincerely wish that more game developers would take after it's old ideals instead of pushing crap like CoD through the sneeze tubes that is the entertainment industry today. Expand
  24. Dec 15, 2010
    I love this game its like the best game I have ever played. Its got new weapons you can get for your character, hats you can put on your character, rename weapons, and it is really funny. Get the one for PC because that is the best and the one for the rst of the systems sucks. Seriously I love this game, I love it, love it, love it, love it, love it and I never wana stop playing it> I would give it a 12 out of 10 because it is so awesome. Expand
  25. Dec 10, 2010
    Just a summary: + Very many players (Due the filter, it is easy to join the correct server - not overfilled but many players) + Very many maps (so everybody can choose, which map & gameplay mode he/she wants) + Good sound and music + Cool gamemodes, so you'll never be bored + Masses on classes (cool to say that, isn't it?) 9 classes which complete own skills and abilities. What do you want more?

- VAC isn't the best method to ban cheaters. There are many scripts, that are undetected til now.

I could write pages full of positives, but only 1 negative. So what are you waiting for? You look for a fantastic, also (depends on gamemode) strategic shooter? You're right with this game. You don't need a MoH or CoD, nor CS or CS:S. Trust me.

Im Claymore, age of 29 years and i hope, you enjoy a fantastic game.
  26. Feb 1, 2011
    best game ever,because tf2 is so funny,balanced,dont have retarded players and more.click on steam and play with tf2 players(game have 30 official maps and thos are very good
  27. Dec 23, 2010
    This is the best online FPS I've ever played. I have my XP with ID games, Valve games, Tribes, Halo...none of that is comparable to Team Fortress 2, not even Halo Reach or TFC, the original game.

The action in this game is fast-paced, fun and balanced, also, the graphics are amazing, even for today/Source standards, my only complaint is the incredibly high rate at which Valve is releasing
    new content, it leaves playtest to customers instead of Valve itself, which has been partially solved by the addition of a Team Fortress 2 Beta version for playtesting. Expand
  28. Jan 2, 2011
    It's fun. Nothing else needs to be said really. Team Fortress 2 is a very engaging and cartoony first person shooter that plays on ones ability to work with a team ( hence the title ). All of the classes have their advantages and disadvantages and it never really feels like you aren't useful. Although purely a multiplayer game with no single player what so ever ( like Valve's other game Counterstrike ), a lot of the characters do have a tad bit of personality put into them.

It's easy to pick up, fun to play, and with constant content added on ( for free! ) any sane gamer should definitely pick this one up.
  29. Jan 3, 2011
    This is an awesome game, it is one of the best games ever. Seriously this game is lots of fun especially if you have some friends to play with. It is a pure team based online game with very fun characters, sounds and a variety of maps. Even for a 3 year old game like this the developers are actively supporting the game with fresh updates and fixes. I would definetly recommend this game to anyone!
  30. Jan 3, 2011
    Valve have done it again! 3 years after launch, this game still has a community that is bulging at the seams! It's no wonder! With the constant updates and free, new content, this epic, team based shooter will be kickin on strong in another 3 years.....p.s it has HATS!
  31. Sep 2, 2011
    You have to hand it to Valve to make a very fun game that's just really light-hearted, hysterical and of course, fun. The people saying this game has no balance at all, play offline mode and play against the CPU. The AI is very good and there's no overpowered items to kill you. Sure, the Heavy is very powerful, but he is very slow and he can very easily get killed by a Sniper or a Spy. And the Spy, he can disguise himself as an opposite team member and backstab and destroy all of the Engineer's mechanisms, but attacking once will take off the disguise, it does take a while for the disguise to kick in and Pyros can easily set you alight and you will get suspicious. And the Scout being underpowered, he can move very fast, jump high and he can capture points twice as fast as anyone else.

Now back to the review. It's light-hearted, tons of fun, hysterical and balanced, but what about the characters themselves? The characters personalities reflect on their fighting style. The Scout is a fast talking, slang using American teenager or early twenties man. You'd imagine him to be fast and attack fast. Yep. The Sniper's a laid-back, friendly Aussie. He pays respect to the enemy's sacrifice and his fighting style is back-against-the-wall and shoot the weak spots away from the actual fighting. The Heavy is a dim-witted strong and heavy Russian guy. His talking is very loud and so is his shouting. He's big, heavy, powerful and really slow. There's also ones like the sneaky, sly ladies' man, a mystery guy, a stereotypical man from Texas over in the USA and many more. Weak points: The multiplayer hardly works where I come from and there's weird bugs and crashes, like every character spontaneously stops moving and stands still, to the weapons being automatically firing all the time and never stopping and finding a game anywhere else but the USA I bet is hard. But don't let that stop you playing against the CPU. In my case, the CPU is much better than playing Multi, because no one is overpowered and they are quite tough to beat: the CPU actually works as a team. All in all, this game is absolutely great. Get it and expect to sink in endless hours.
  32. Oct 12, 2011
    Ok so its not deep or meaningful but it is fun frenetic and great fun. One of the definitive first person shooters of the last few years and a classic all PC gamers should own!.
  33. Jan 29, 2011
    I have sunk 650 hours into this game, both when it was still unpatched and unmodded and I've been around for all the following patches and expansions and updates, and it has remained one of the most balanced and competitive games out there. The looks might turn you off at first, but give it a chance and you'll see that looks can be deceiving. With phrases like "Sandvich and me going to kick your ass" being thrown around the battleground, this game makes it easy to laugh at your own death. Just remember, as with every multiplayer game out there, it is not only the game itself, but also the people you play it with that make it worthwhile. Expand
  34. Feb 6, 2011
    I got this game with the orange box two years back and I have never played a game this so much as I did with Team Fortress 2. The humour, the environment, the weapons, the different game modes and the mystery around the classes (their backgrounds) makes this a perfect game for a person that loves intense action and a variety of weapons to kill your opponents with. I wasn't around before the updates and I don't know if the updates truly killed the game, but something that did kind of kill it was the trading system, it made all of the players greedy and just weird. The hysteria about the value of things in a game that don't effect the real life is just sad. Im not completely against the trading system since its a good tool to help your friends out with or to get hold of weapons you want. And another thing that sucks with this game is the players, while you may find some good people here most of the players are complete and utter jerks that will call you "noob". I for one try to be a good guy and encourage new players and not pick on them because they are no pros. Lately I haven't played it much because I got everything I like in the game and don't feel I have to search for anything else. But overall this is a good game, and you will have a great time if you find a server with some funny people. Expand
  35. Feb 17, 2011
    Otimo jogo, jogabilidade extremamente viciante, mapas ótimos, classs diferenciadas, achievements e items para desbloquear. Típico jogo que você joga por 2 horas e volta depois pra jogar mais.
  36. Feb 23, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is pretty much the best multiplayer game around. 9 completely different classes and plenty of weapons for each one (most of them added in recent updates). Plus vanity items - tons of awesome hats.
  37. Feb 24, 2011
    Cheap, constantly updated, decent graphics, great style, great community and fun to play for around
    2 years. Get this game on PC! So far every class has had an update, new built in maps since release and loads of custom maps and servers made by other players.
  38. Feb 26, 2011
    Keep in mind I rounded up from a 9.6. This game is a perfect example of how VALVe can make a good looking game exceed expectations, and a perfect example of how the community can make a game they have crafted to perfection even better. The first place to start: the classes. Each one has a unique feeling, making it almost impossible to compare them. They are for the most part balanced. Granted some are more over or under powered than others. They all have variety and equality. The gameplay: the meat, what we really want as a gamer, my next topic. First I should say that everything is not to be taken seriously, from the weapon descriptions, the lines the stereotypical characters say, or even the over the top level of blood and gore, everything has a pinch, or a bucketful, of humor. The art style: the style of art is one of the most original i have seen to date. The updates: there are frequently updates so you will almost never get bored but one time out of 10 you will get bored because there wasn't enough content in the update and stop playing for a while. Make no mistake though you will be playing this into the wee hours of the night. Expand
  39. Mar 18, 2011
    Alot has been removed from the 1st game, and sadly alot of the things that were fun.

Alot of maps and modes were removed, same with a class or two.
    There's not a big variety in the maps, A desert, and Industial Desert, Or an Industrial Western Desert.

So, alot has been cut out, but it's still polished so much my eyes burst because of how shiny it is.
  40. Mar 8, 2011
    After playing this game for 3 years, I am finally writing a review for it. Since its release, TF2, has been very unique game that provides an unique multiclass FPS experience. In October 2007, TF2 is a game with great, balanced gameplay, refreshing and graphically stunning artstyle, rich class(character), a variety of gamemodes, superior voice acting and most importantly, constant update and support from valve. In March 2011, while, 3 years sinces the release of TF2, much has been added, most notably thousands of maps from the community, new gamemodes, new weapon unlocks, cosmetic customizations, Meet the Team videos, and much more. Valve has put in great effort to support this game throughout the years, and as a loyal fan, i enjoyed it quite alot. Unlike COD series, TF2 remains a FPS that focuses on player enjoyment and "fun" instead of frags. However, it has been revealed that TF2 is a playerbase experiment from valve(conspiracy lol). Since september 2010, and the introduction of Mann Co Store (a shop where you can spend real money to buy items, like rpg), TF2 has been going on a decline. Much of its former glory as a FPS was lost, and in place, we now have a markeplace of trading/selling virtual items in game. While some may argue that this is a positive change for TF2 as it brought in new players, i find it hard to agree with those views. Performance issues begin to arise as valve ceases to stop optimizing the game. Gameplay updates are haulted, as cosmetic items are being added constantly. Weapons, while previously balanced, aren't anymore with the introduction of newer once that are difficult to obtain through either crafting or dropping, giving advantage to those who buy them in the Store. TF2's artstyle has been ruined by the addition of new weapons and cosmetic items as well. The once amazing spy-tech, mysterious atmosphere has vanished once lime green and neon pink paint are splashed upon the characters. Regrettably, i have stopped playing since early january this year, with the hope that valve will wake up and put TF2 right back on track. I know this game is old, and that further serious support from the developer is highly unlikely, one can still have faith in valve because they have never disappointed me yet. (this letdown doesn't count). TLDR:
    Even with the recent negative changes to TF2, i still highly recommend for those who want to try it out. At $20 it is a huge deal and you will be suprised by how much depth the game has to offer. At release up to august 2010, i give TF2 a score of 96/100. At present, i will score it at 81/100.
  41. Feb 21, 2012
    I cannot think of a better team shooter than this. And like a fine wine this game has evolved and changed over the years into something even more dense, and with legs so long you can see them streaching into the sunset. A nearly perfect multiplayer game.
  42. May 15, 2011
    I don't think I can recommend this game highly enough. If you want a multi-player class based FPS, this is it. When playing the classes are surprisingly well balanced, and if you're good enough at any class (except maybe scout) you can make an impact on how your team does. The drop system and achievements to acquire items give players who haven't played for as long as others access to some cool weaponry early on, and there's so much support from the game and the community. I don't think I've played another game that's been given so many updates as TF2, which I personally think is a good thing. Expand
  43. Apr 28, 2013
    Alright, I am going to write a review for today's date of April 28, 2013, a critique of Valve's PC game Team Fortress 2. When I started playing this game at its launch, it was unique, beautiful and fun. There were so many weapons and nine classes to learn creating some challenge and a bit of a difficulty curve if you never played Team Fortress Classic to an extent. Unfortunately, today this is not the case because this game has been flipped on its head and made very easy and polluted with items. There are so many new weapons, hats, uniques and rare items, lots of which come with pre-ordering or owning certain games, that this has ruined the game to an extent. There were good and bad reasons about TF2 going F2P, the good being a plethora of new players and the bad would be the core launch audience would be dominating the new fish. For me this game was made too easy and a lot of my banana rider friends and server buddies left to play other games, currently some of us play Dota 2 because there is a challenge, but for the most part I don't play anymore. Truly, a lan party with some booze on 2009 mode, this game is an 8.5/10 across the board. Expand
  44. Jun 14, 2011
    TF2 is an awesome team building multiplayer game. Even though the cartoon graphics which are a downside but this teaches players to use teamwork to solve puzzles and complete games. It has childish games and missions while being able to have laughs and fun solving them.
  45. Jun 3, 2011
    A year or two ago i would rate this game 10/10, but now its just a pile of mess. When it was released, it had 9 classes, each had 3 weapons. Later they decided the update the classes with new weapons, that wasnt more powerful than the default ones, but was more situational. Some people said it ruined the game already, i thought its cool, but the way they implemented it, not neccesary. To obtain those new weapons you had to do achievements, and THIS is what ruined the game, it made people farm achievements to get new weapons instead of playing it as supposed. So the game turned into a giant grind-fest. Later they introduced drop system to avoid the farming, but that made it even worse. Now people would just "idle" instead of farming, they just logged in and AFK all night long, then after hours they get bunch of items, for nothing, for just being logged in. Thats just a lame and stupid design. Now they introduced something even worse... a real money shop where you can just buy the items. And that was it for me. Now half of the servers are made for either achievement grind, idling or trading. Sad how you can ruin a great game by implementing such fun-killing concepts. Expand
  46. Sep 26, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is a brilliantly executed multiplayer game with a rich visual design that enhances the game play. The support and updates by Valve have led it to continuously improve over the years and the free to play business model TF2 has adopted will ensure that its a very influential game among western developers. Very few multiplayer games are flawless having unneeded modes and complications but Valve's keen eye to design has ensured this is one of the best multiplayer games of its generation. Expand
  47. Dec 16, 2012
    One of the best multiplayers of all time. The characters and art style of the game are all done with absolute perfection. The "Meet the" videos have the same amount of perfection. The gameplay and all classes are packed to the brim with pure fun. The additional content this game received over the years are both good and bad. Good, because the variety adds to the fun and addiction levels to this game, and help create new playstyles. And bad, because the extra addition of the weapons can cause more and more balance problems that could take a long time to fix. If you enjoy the unlock/hat trading economy as well, this game has that too. Expand
  48. Jul 14, 2011
    If you haven't gotten this game by now the only excuse you have is that your computer is too crappy to run it. The gameplay is perfect, (with many different styles to suit almost every user). The replay value is great, (a player gains a new weapon/hat every 3-4 games). Nice aesthetics although it is a bit ruined by the hats, and the graphics are incredible, oh and by the way THIS GAME IS FREE NOW so there is almost no reason for you to not own it yet. Expand
  49. Sep 8, 2011
    This game helped secure Valve's place as gaming royalty. It made multiplayer online pc gaming a big deal and accessible to everyone. If you want classed based CTF or CP this is for you.
  50. Oct 15, 2011
    this is the best shooter ever, 3rd best game of all time, and only behind zack an wiki an cave story, so, uh... buy it: scout pyros, engineers, demos, everything a person could ask for, only prob is theres no campaign, and that is its hard, for ME, to get on a server, but theres always practice mode, so...

98% and free... so
  51. Feb 7, 2014
    I've been playing this game for years now. Gotta say without a doubt that its one of the best FPS games made to date. Sure it doesn't have the "realism" of games like Call of Duty or Battlefield but it makes up for that with smooth and engaging gameplay. The devs have been great about keeping the game updated and fresh.

True, many will point out that the current game is nothing like the
    game when it first came out. The addition of hats and new weapons completely turned the game upside down. However, as crazy as it may seem right now, the changes have kept this games community thriving and has made fresh could've gone stale years ago. Kudos Valve for this masterpiece! Expand
  52. Sep 18, 2011
    Best MP FPS ever. Very balanced gameplay, humor is great and graphic style is fantastic. I had so many great hours with this game and all I can say is: "Thank you Valve" :)
  53. Sep 16, 2011
    in this game I do not like that look shorter than I'm playing and find the box but need a key to open and that the key to get him to buy the only way that's what I do not like fortres TEAM 2
  54. May 5, 2013
    I've been on Metacritic for a while and I can't believe I haven't reviewed Team Fotress 2 yet. Team Fortress 2 has and always will be the best multiplayer game. Ever. I'm not always a fan of multiplayer, but Team Fortress 2 is different. Oh. It's a free to play now. You'd be an idiot not to try TF2 out. Bottom line, Team Fortress 2 is just perfect.
  55. Sep 16, 2011
    Awesome game, a shooter that requires teamwork to win. I think that valve has done a great job and should be rewarded fr making a fine pieces of art for the people of the next generation to remember
  56. Sep 18, 2011
    Probably the multiplayer class-based videogame to date. I've played over 400 hours of this game and I still love every moment of it. The cartoon graphics are comical and there is a touch of humor built into the game. I think it is an incredible game even without a storyline, and the fact that Valve has been able to (mostly) keep all of the classes in check and not overpowering is a fantastic feat. Plus it's now FREE so there is no excuse to not get this game. I would HIGHLY recommend to ANYBODY old enough to play. Expand
  57. Sep 28, 2011
    I enjoyed this game so much on Xbox, I bought it for PC. Now it's free. I prefered the original, which wasn't as deep and didn't give you choice of weapons. With all the updates and new stuff, the game isn't the same. It is by far the best game ever for teamwork. Classes are blanced and continuous patches and updates- and now it's free to play. What annoys me is why Valve didn't leave TF2 as it was originally and release Team Fortress 3. Instead they update all 9 classes, add the item trading and then make it free to play. Seems like a bad business plan to me. Nevertheless, it's definitely worth checking out since it's really popular, a lot of support and huge community. Best of all, it's free to play. It's no about going out to get kills like on CoD, but working as a team. Expand
  58. Sep 20, 2011
    The most balanced, enjoyable, and fun FPS you will ever play. If you do not own this game or have never played this game, you are not worthy to call yourself a 'Gamer'
  59. Sep 28, 2011
    Graphics are creative and funny, Controls are ultra-smooth and the game-play is FUN. FUN being the important word here. The game may look simple at first glance, but is a very complex shooter. Pretty much still a perfect game after all these years.
  60. Oct 2, 2011
    It's free now, so why not? This game is endless fun. It's a little frustrating at first, but there's an offline practice mode which was really helpful when I first got this a few years ago. Once you get the hang of it, this is addicting. The game modes are fun, and the maps are awesome. There's over 30 official Valve maps, which are great. There's also unlimited custom maps to play, and custom game modes such as dodgeball and prop hunt. There's constant updates. There's a lot of weapons to choose from, and although some people complain about balance, it's still more balanced than most games. The game is also funny, it's likely to put a smile on your face if you have any sense of humour. Name one other game where you can throw piss and eat sandwiches, and play as a drunk Scottish black guy. Yeah. Over 2000 hours played, and this still doesn't bore me. If you get it, I recommend the map koth_Harvest_Event, a Valve map even though I play customs a lot :) Expand
  61. Oct 3, 2011
    it's usually (like 95% of time) good but sometimes it glitches, stops, and sometimes freezes, but overall I love it, so 8/10 from me, because the enjoyment is way up there with my favorite game, PRINCE OF PERSIA: The Forgotten Sands
  62. Oct 8, 2011
    Amazing in every way, just so intense and fun. With 9 different classes it assures you there is a character for you. There are 100's of weapons & hats to customize, and many maps to choose from. In addition people are always online so you'll never be alone...creepy.
  63. Oct 6, 2011
    awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome. Expand
  64. Oct 13, 2011
    This is by far the BEST GAME EVER. Not only does it combine fast paced shooting and fun maps, but it adds a major twist of cartoony humor, which most other first person shooters lack. This game is deffinetly the most creative online shooter (like every valve game) and it never gets old with valves constant update. Also, you can buy hats.
  65. Oct 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lots of characters and balanced game-play. The cartoon graphics make the game much more entertaining.The only problems I had is people buying stuff to be better and the requirement of getting a steam. Otherwise, an overall great game with lots of achievements to unlock Expand
  66. Oct 28, 2011
    This is a very good game. The graphics are amazing and funny and the characters are the best that i ever seen. Everything is simple and smooth which create an very relaxing atmosfere to enjoy this game. But why only 9? because there are items that to get, you need to pay and now the game is free which more people came and ruin certain games for the people that got the game from Orange Box like me.
  67. Oct 26, 2011
    I love this game. It's a game for the not too complicated First-Person Shooter games fans. The game is just awsome. If you don't have it, you MUST buy it! It's just madly awsome!
  68. Oct 26, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 Noun
    Definition:
    FUN!

Team Fortress 2 has made me rethink my life. One of the cool things about TF2 is that it's not to realistic, like most FPS. Nine classes, each with their own Pros and Cons, weapons, and hats, battle for supremacy by request of their bosses who secretly control half the world. Easily takes the 10 I'm giving it. Every morning I get up, play ELDER
    SCROLLS: IV OBLIVION, and after 4 hours of that, I hop on my PC and give TF2 an hour play before I resume life like a human. The Scout can run like no other class, double jump, and drink assorted soda's. The Soldier uses a rocket launcher to blast enemies apart in a bloody, gory mess. The Pyro can light enemies on fire with his flamethrower or flare gun. The Heavy can spin his minigun and deal massive damage, and so on. Now that it's FREE TO PLAY* everyone owns it, and if you don't, you need it. Really. *Really. Get it off Steam or www.tf2freetoplay.com! Expand
  69. Oct 27, 2011
    Team fortress 2 is an amazing game that played brilliantly with no problems what so ever.
    Thanks to Steam VAC we don't have to worry about hackers ruining our experience
  70. Oct 27, 2011
    One of the best games ever made. Addictive gameplay, amazingly balanced maps, creative class structures and ridiculous art direction make this game stand above the rest. ITS FREE NOW AND I WOULD STILL GLADLY PAY $60 FOR THIS GAME.
  71. Oct 28, 2011
    Highly entertaining hat simulator with a first-person shooter theme. Endless hours of online fun taunting your opponents and showing off your magnificent hats. Humor, retro theme, quicky cartoon-like graphics ... some will "get it" and love it, some won't and will hate it.
  72. Oct 28, 2011
    Excellent game! The humor combinned with the best game play ever made from Valve since Counter-Strike 1.6 made me expend lots of quality time with it. The tutorials are almost perfect and, if the game holds you attention for hours and hours. Unique Problem: Too much time downloading and loading and, sometimes, ALT + TAB bugs it. Crashes aren't that rare eigher.
  73. Oct 28, 2011
    Looking for team vs. team combat with great graphics and FREE to play? Look no further, you have found it. This game has enough classes to keep you interested and enough maps to keep you happy as can be!
  74. Mar 22, 2012
    I don't give this a 10 because of all the hats, and the unnecessary amount of new weapons valve are adding all the time. I get that they had to change it up a bit after making it F2P, but as and "old" TF2 gamer i don't like it. But I do like that I can play with my vanilla setup and still don't get owned by all these new weapons. TF2 has always been my "go-to" game when I'm not playing any new games, and it will continue to be for a long time. It's great fun. Expand
  75. May 13, 2012
    This is probably the best FPS I've ever played. The style, the story and the caharacters are really witty. Like it's predecessors it takes class based combat to a new level.

The only bad things about it: since it got free lots of inexperienced players that used to play frag based games got into it in huge numbers making most games feel like you are playing alone while everyone else just
    tries to get frags. So then I guessed it was time to move to competitive play only to discover that they prohibit tons of weapons from it and they they generally have very strict rules. So they decided to ruin the game by banning everything that is able to kill a rocket-jumping soldier. Just because they decided to focus on rocketjumping (like it's the sole thing that requires skill in TF2) they had to ban anything new that ruined their precious skill. Those guys are complete morons and they should really state that they are not actually playing TF2. They are playing a tiny subset of TF2 that suits them. Expand
  76. May 11, 2013
    7 is max what i can give I quickly got bored after some hours. Graphics, gameplay unqualified. Developers still supporting this game. Everyone can make maps.
  77. Jun 12, 2012
    So I have to admit, I am not a fan of all these crappy item updates, but this game itself I have played for 5 years, or more now. This is one of the best games i have played ever that is multilayer, comparable only to star-craft and counterstrike 10/10always( i want to say unreal 2004 but i never played)
  78. Mar 6, 2013
    I've played it since inception. Free to play, designed by valve. No design flaws, perfectly refined. The item system is great. It makes money for valve/steam but at the same time, it doesn't put anyone else at an advantage. What's not to love?
  79. Dec 1, 2011
    Nice try at recreating the wheel, but tf2 is not a real team fortress game. Team Fortress is not about balance, its about each character having its strengths and weaknesses. tf2 is overally balanced so there is little need for team work. From release day tf2 crapped all over its Team Fortress heritage, and from there the game has only degraded until its an embarrassment to the Team Fortress community. If you want a "real" team fortress game, go play Fortress Forever or Team Fortress Classic. Expand
  80. Mar 4, 2012
    when i first went on this game i thought this will get boring. I WAS WRONG. i have played countless hours of this game because it features good gameplay with smart players (unlike call of duty) but if you are the kind of guy who cares about graphics and isn't very patient don't get this game because at the start you start with bad weapons but when you get some achievements you get some 5 star weapons. the classes are balanced, but each class has at least one over powered weapon. this is also a game with still packed servers and no hackers. Expand
  81. Jul 10, 2012
    This is by far the best competitive FPS out there, after all these years it stays fresh and original, it takes more skill than your standard FPS. The games art style is beautiful and even though some people think that ridiculous hats ruin the style it'll take a bit more than that to make this game look bad. Despite the lack of a story this games characters each have their own personalities to them, each of them humorous in their own way. Anyone who thinks this game is bad either isn't a fan of FPS games or is just straight out bad at it. Expand
  82. Mar 18, 2012
    The gameplay itself is fun, engaging, and an absolute blast to play. The only problems - The F2P Elements, while implemented way better than most F2P, is annoying, and some of the servers are downright terrible with not helping the team and using an every man for himself style. If you get the right server, you'll be spending most of your time on the computer on TF2.
  83. Dec 2, 2012
    IF I was rating this game if it came out today with all of the hats I would give it a much lower rating, maybe a 6. However, in 2007, when the game came out this game was pure gold, there was so much polish that you would get blinded by the amount of time they put in this game (9 years in development) The game has unfortunately lost a lot of polish (hence the 9) and has gained a bad reputation as a "hat simulator" however if you look past all of the hats and look at the actually game-play you will be delighted to see that it isn't a point and click adventure but instead a game which every class (not all of the new weapons though) is balanced perfectly, and can be credit to the team and doesn't give you the feeling that your class is useless. The best part about this game is that it is replay-able to the point where you question where those 100+ hours went. It also has graphics which don't require a supercomputer to play it (you do need a computer with some power, and might need to lower the graphics, but at least it isn't like BF3) In short, this game was amazing when it came out, and is still pretty good, but it has turned into a big fashion show with guns. Expand
  84. Jul 17, 2013
    I played Team Fortress 2 for a very long time, I liked it..... until the update.... Hats, unbalanced weapons, not finished items, F2P............ 5 12 years old screaming on their mic or spamming the chat because they are mad. I see really much people that only care about virtual, pixelated hats. I mean, seriously? It's just a god damn hat... A virtual key that cost 2€? This game was good, now it's bad. The backburner is unbalanced, W+M1 pyro's. Side-stabbers, face-stabbers and the red-tape sapper spammer. I really agree with LolzMan, Krection, dallaen and DekoMan91. Go, people! Spend more money on virtual hats, virtual keys and all that stuff! I see trade spammers all over the server. This game is just about hats, hat simulator game. I give this game a 2/10. This game should be blocked, people waste all their money or virtual, pixelated hats or keys or name tags. Expand
  85. Jan 1, 2013
    I would have given this game a 10 around when it was first released, yet to be raped by valve's money grubbing schemes. Each of the classes in this game had a specific role, with a specific arsenal of weapons. That made them special and gave them each a purpose in the game. Around when the hats, microtransactions, trading, and free-to-play came, it all went to hell. I like the fact that valve is constantly updating the game, but they're doing it wrong. The introduction of dozens of new weapons simply blurs the lines between the distinctive abilities of each of the classes. Heavies that run fast? Snipers that are impervious to backstabs? Spies that can headshot? Medics with arrows? (etc.) These ridiculous new abilities makes each of the classes less special. Furthermore, I was appalled when valve decided to slap their customers in the face by suddenly making this game free-to-play. They advertise it as a good thing. But valve's greed is easily uncovered. The free to play aspect of this game allows more people to be exposed to the tf2 microtransactions market, making valve even more money in expense of the people that already bought this game. Now this game is filled with angry and unskilled grade-schoolers that don't need their mom's credit card to buy and play this game. The overall experience of teamwork and ingame fellowship is ruined. Players with their newly-bought "overpowered" weapons think they are a one-man army, with no need for team support. I also really hate all these stupid accessories people put on their characters. It makes the game look like a goofy social avatar game rather than a competitive team-based game. More importantly, people's goals are changed to get more hats and items. I really miss the experience with this game when it first came out. Everybody worked together, there were no teams full of snipers and engineers. People understood what this game was about. I notice valve is ruining a lot of things lately. l4d2? cs:go? portal 2 is an exception. Nevertheless, I have lost all respect for valve and I no longer support them. Expand
  86. Mar 11, 2012
    HATS HATS HATS but still this game is awesome and free thats all i have to say about but i just need 150 characters to fill up this review so i can submit it
  87. Feb 14, 2012
    Brilliant game. Beautiful art style, balanced game play, and interesting characters. What more could a gamer ask for?

For all the new weaponry, hats, and misc. items, it all boils down to how well the team works together. This is the game that pushes you into understanding the value of teamwork and communication. You are nothing without your team, and this game hammers it home more than
    you'd think. You can have the most "op" weapon you can get your hands on, but without your team to watch your back you can be taken down by someone with the default load-out. And I like that. I like that it's not a one-man-show. The team winning or losing depends on the team, and that's what makes playing with friends and strangers alike so much fun. You get the occasional bad teammate ("It's all YOUR fault we lost!" "That weapon is so op, they should get rid of it" etc) but if you find the right server then it's not a problem. After playing for a year (on the same server, too) I've found that most TF2 players are, for the most part, creatures of habit. They go on about the same time, on the same days, etc. So finding a good server's pretty easy. Just hang around a server a couple times and see who the regulars are, you'll find the server that fits you eventually. Expand
  88. Feb 16, 2012
    If you are a PC gamer than you can be rest-assured that 90% of the First-Person Shooters and Third-Person Shooters you play at least have features modeled after TF2. I can't, in good conscious, give this game a 10 however. It is very good, but not perfect. The customization is lacking, you can't actually customize the weapons themselves; although you can craft weapons. On holidays, you also get free hats and costumes, and even weapons sometimes. Valve out-did themselves here but they just didn't put in that certain something that truly sets this title apart from ALL other. All that being said, I am always up to a friendly game of TF2. It really takes the cake when it comes to excellent gaming experience, but there is much room for improvement. All the brighter side, this is one of the only game I've ever seen to be constantly updated, modded, hold (unofficial) clans, and just all-around good times for 5 consecutive years. And even though it is 5 years old it is still state-of-the-art for our gaming age. I highly recommend you download this game and enjoy every moment of it because it isn't going anywhere anytime soon. On top of that, it's free-to-play and updates like 2-3 times a week with new stuff. It is also NOT one of those games where you buy a gun for real cash and then you lose it within a week or two. Weapons are yours until you trade them away, destroy them for scrap metal, or somehow a black hole pops out and snags all of your stuff. Which almost never happens. Anyways, I thoroughly enjoy this game and wish I had more time to play it, but for now I'll pass the word on to the public. My Steam: HollowmanS Expand
  89. Jul 10, 2012
    To sum this all up, instantly, TF2 is full of die-hard action, freaking hilarious humour, and much variety, and it's FREE!!!!
    This is an easy 9.8/10 from me! You can also find this review at http://s-me.weebly.com/team-fortress-2-valve-2007.html!
  90. Feb 21, 2012
    A bit over-loved in my opinion. It IS a good game, but over a 9 on the rating? no. I focus on the bad simply because the good is in pretty much every other review. My overall score stands. 8 is good, not perfect and not near perfection either. Good nonetheless. First off this is a team-oriented game. This is both a good thing... and a bad thing. It means one bad player can really mess up the whole team. If the engineer doesn't do his job effectively or at all, then teams can't advance (assuming offense) because the respawn times and no teleporters up, means those on defense can respawn closer to their base which is the last point under attack, die, and assuming they are even half as good as those on offense win because of the bad engineer. If your on defense, the engineer not doing his job is just as bad because he is basically a slower, less powerful scout.

People try to say that this game is all skill and no luck. I call bull. When you have rockets that only are being aimed in a general direction, that can still one hit kill things because it happens to be a crit... that's luck.

That's ok though, removing luck in these kinds of games is near impossible. Even getting 7 people who all love to play one class is unlucky, and there isn't much you can do about that.
    One thing I wish they would implement is a tier system. That is, as you get better you face off against better and better people. As it is now, any random scrub can join any random game.

Other than that this game is pretty solid. an 8 for sure, if I could add decimals, I would say around 8.4
  91. Jan 6, 2014
    It's really hard to pinpoint any negative aspect in this game. Like it intends to, the game emphasizes teamwork with nine classes that are all balanced and have distinctly different roles and abilities. The vast arsenal of weapons you get allow for multiple playstyles and strategies. Valve updates the game on a regular basis, and as of now there are more than enough maps to play on with many different gamemodes. So as you can see, there's a great deal of variety. Sound design is excellent throughout, and the brilliant visual style still looks great years after its release. Highly recommended for FPS fans. Expand
  92. Mar 19, 2012
    This is a fun game, and the controls and very smooth and intuitive. It's very simple to jump into some multiplayer matches, run around, and shoot stuff. Unfortunately, I got bored fairly quickly, and soon asked myself "why am I playing this?" The game didn't provide any highly compelling answers, at least for me. In general, this is a great FPS game, it just seemed to lack a point and didn't have that much staying power. Expand
  93. Mar 1, 2012
    valve game always good,it almost no bug,tf2 is a really fun good game,it can bring u happiness and make u exciting ,not like mw3,it is just a rubbish.valve fair good game always win at last
  94. Mar 30, 2012
    This game contains hats, therefor it is the best game ever created. You can also shoot. But you can trade also, this is fun because hats. I like hats. 10/10 would play again.
  95. Sep 28, 2012
    The originality and style of the game makes it timeless and enjoyable for most gamers. This game adds so many new guns and even new game modes and all of it FOR FREE. If this was made by E.A. or Activision, it would cost you $20 per update. Valve, like always, has out done themselves
  96. Mar 15, 2012
    This is the best multiplayer FPS game currently available, without question. The nonstandard weapons are well balanced. None are direct upgrades or golden hammers, and none is better than another in all situations, although some are rarely useful. There is a large community of custom map makers. The loot is interesting without being a grind or a barrier to the existence of balanced competitive gameplay like it is in every MMO ever. I hated the recent gratuitous mmorpg-ification of games due to WoW (it ruined AOE3+, ruined COD2+, and ruined Warcraft 3 which was MMORPGified for the sole purpose of being a hook into WoW which was already under development). So it is refreshing that TF2 has managed to get the best of both worlds -- give people MMORPG-like rewards without ruining of the balance and feel of competitive gameplay like every other MMORPGified game ever. If you don't have the loot, it is no big deal, and you can still play effectively with any class. Expand
  97. Mar 25, 2012
    The single best shooter I have ever played. Seriously. This excellent team based shooter will suck you right in. The skill level is great, and the organized competitive events are awesome.
  98. Mar 29, 2012
    Hugely entertaining, suitably humorous and mildly addictive. Quirky FPS's like this need to be more in number. Despite the comical models, the game is fairly in-depth and requires skill to do well. This skill can be honed in any one of nine classes, and each class provides a fresh perspective on a match. The support by Valve is tremendous, and the Steam workshop is intuitive. Doesn't get much better than this. Oh, for those who are wondering, I bought this before it became FTP, and the quality of the game has not diminished that significantly. Good games never die. Expand
  99. Apr 10, 2012
    A great style, fun and balanced gameplay and quirky humour make this game a must-have for every PC gamer. Though there aren't really any issues with this game, I don't think it's outstanding either.
  100. Apr 5, 2012
    I really enjoy this game a lot. The only thing preventing it from being 10 is I wish there was a leveling system of some sort with matchmaking. That is just a personal preference though. I really enjoy this game a lot.

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.