9.2

1. Nov 7, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is about as good as Free-to-Play can get. Not quite in the elite class, but still an enjoyable game. I like the artstyle to it, not because "IT HAS COLOR", but because it actually looks like a Saturday Morning cartoon. As much as I like the FPS genre, I'd really like to see more experiments with the graphics. But what about the game? Well, it's best compared to a game likeTeam Fortress 2 is about as good as Free-to-Play can get. Not quite in the elite class, but still an enjoyable game. I like the artstyle to it, not because "IT HAS COLOR", but because it actually looks like a Saturday Morning cartoon. As much as I like the FPS genre, I'd really like to see more experiments with the graphics. But what about the game? Well, it's best compared to a game like Counter-Strike. While in Counter-Strike (not to detract from it, it's still a good game) it's easy to solo a team, trying to go alone in this game will end with your ragequit. I also like that it makes it so that you want to pay money rather than grudgingly do it by giving some legitimate benefits (Not hats).

Really, my main complaint with the game is not with Valve, Steam, or the developers: It's with the community. The reigning kings of obnoxious fanbases remains the Homestuck community, but TF2 puts up a good fight. One of the downsides to the F2P model is that it allows EVERYONE (that has a computer that meets system requirements, that is) can play, leading to many situations where you'll be surrounded by Bronies, Furries, children, and the obnoxious "PC Master Race" group. Unlike some other games (Sonic), the community hasn't destroyed the game yet, but be wary. 8/10. A solid experience at the low price of free.
  2. Nov 10, 2013
    Lots of content updates. Very little game fixing updates. Mostly cosmetic bandaids and pretty hats to fill up your inventory to keep you from forgetting your game will lock up, crash, and not get patched for 2 months.
  3. Dec 22, 2013
    Definition of awesomeness It´s pretty much boring alone, but once you have a friend playing, this game gets really funny and you can play it for days. There´s always something new to try.
  4. Mar 30, 2014
    Used to be really good, but the increasing amount of bugs, performance issues, crashes and flat out broken weapons combined with Valve's completely non-existing incentive to communicate with or properly listen to the playerbase, or even just their hesitance to implement the tons of different fixes that the community has made for them through the years, will make me give the game a scoreUsed to be really good, but the increasing amount of bugs, performance issues, crashes and flat out broken weapons combined with Valve's completely non-existing incentive to communicate with or properly listen to the playerbase, or even just their hesitance to implement the tons of different fixes that the community has made for them through the years, will make me give the game a score of 1 now.

Go buy the game if you want a little fun in the start, but you better be lucky with your setup to not have bad performance, and you will eventually grow tired of Valve's neglect and realize why I'm right.
  5. Aug 20, 2014
    Ladies and gentlemen, here is a really strong contender (and provably the winner) of the best free-to play of all time awards!!!!!! Now the reason I liked and promoted the game so much, is because that it came to me at a time where I thought "Is there even a single free-to play game on the market that you can play for more than an hour and not get bored?" Here is the answer folks, TF2,Ladies and gentlemen, here is a really strong contender (and provably the winner) of the best free-to play of all time awards!!!!!! Now the reason I liked and promoted the game so much, is because that it came to me at a time where I thought "Is there even a single free-to play game on the market that you can play for more than an hour and not get bored?" Here is the answer folks, TF2, waiting you for free!!

To be serious though, the fast and fluid gameplay involves 9 different classes, each with their own set of weapons, stats and personalities. By playing more you get access to new weapons, items and most importantly hats!!!! (Just kidding though, in reality I don't give a **** about hats but that's my opinion)

Even though the controls are a bit difficult to adapt to if you are playing with a gamepad, you get used to it in just a few matches.

However I will say that the matches are a bit longer than i can comprehend. I just quit after the second round cause that is enough for me.

In overall the game is a 9/10 for me, a nigh perfect game.
  6. Jun 5, 2014
    Team Fortress 2 is a gleaming example on the perfect game that stayed around being popular for so long, that It grew mold which then mutated into the hideous entities we now see as the Mann-Conomy store and digital hats & crates.

Still though, It's aged pretty well and that's worth something in my book.
  7. Jun 18, 2014
    This game is not in anyway good, for one there is this kid called Wolfgang (his steam account), he is literally a twelve. This game used to be about having fun, but has now developed into a source of money for Valve.
  8. Oct 9, 2014
    This game is my personal favorite game ever.Its not perfect, but IT'S FREE!!!!!
    Now,I never played the first game, so I won't compare it to that.The game(if you play for a while) is much more balanced.At least one class can kill an another easily,and a different class can kill that class easily.
    There is 9 different classes in the game: scout:fast ,objective captureing speed.least
    This game is my personal favorite game ever.Its not perfect, but IT'S FREE!!!!!
    There is 9 different classes in the game:

scout:fast ,objective captureing speed.least health.
    soldier:slow,has a rocket launcher that can let you rocket jump,lots of health.
    pyro: medium speed,has a flamethrower,fire proof,mediam health.
    demoman: slow,has granade and sticky granade launcher,has good health.
    heavy: slowest,has a minigun,has the most health.
    engineer:medium speed,can build sentry guns and teliporters,least health.
    medic:medium speed,has a medi gun that heals teammates, medium health.
    sniper,medium speed,has a sniper, least health.
    spy:medium speed, can disguise as other team,turns invisible,insta kill knife,least health.

all classes have different unlockable weapons and hats,but new players don't have any,so they will be stomped to death...so,yeah.it is tough for new players,but still fun.

The game is very cartoony,which is great.Call of Duty takes itself too seriously.this game is so funny.demos drunken insults, heavy eating his sandwich in an intence fire fight,and the snipers pee jar that he throws at people.
    the game also has tons of lore,but not in the game.there are many comics on www.teamfortress.com.
    there is also videos about the game.meat the (class) and expiration date are videos you can find on youtube.

team fortress 2 is a great game,but there is no reason to make tf3 (which will never happen,because 3)

anyway,the game is good,valve is amazing,half life 3 confirmed...have a nice day.
  9. DME
    Jul 10, 2012
    Team Fortress 2 has gotten a really bad rep for making some huge mistakes. However, these mistakes have been resolved. All weapons are balanced again, including the unlockable ones. Cosmetics do not drastically change the appearance of a player. Players no longer trade things in the middle of a match and are actually playing objectively now. Spies can no longer attack while invisible.Team Fortress 2 has gotten a really bad rep for making some huge mistakes. However, these mistakes have been resolved. All weapons are balanced again, including the unlockable ones. Cosmetics do not drastically change the appearance of a player. Players no longer trade things in the middle of a match and are actually playing objectively now. Spies can no longer attack while invisible. And the biggest part, there's no longer massive updates every week. So you can spend more time playing and less time downloading things. With all these fixes, TF2 is an amazing and deep strategic shooter with lots of content, servers, and players, yet surprisingly remains hacker-free. Expand
  10. Mar 12, 2013
    A game that every self respecting fps or any gamer on that matter should have in his/her collection, because it's an absolute blast. VALVe has once again crafted a masterpiece.
    Graphics and atmosphere: this game is an absolute eye candy, even to this day its distinct style and atmosphere gives it a unique personality. Sound effects and narration from ever mercenary are superb to say the least, the humor, the music and the way team members interact is a great way for player to be immersed into this world. (Oh, by the way, Pyro is a walking mystery)
    Gameplay: every mercenary has his own set of weapons, which makes match varied, interesting and most importantly balanced. Another absolutely brilliant thing is the way classes interact. Many attacks have their counter-attacks, which means that no class can be the most powerful or superior to other classes. For example engineers sentries can be considered to be the most powerful weapons in the game but if opponent is smart he/she can demolish your hard work by stabbing engi in the back, sapping the sentry, blowing it with sticky bombs or with sniper rifle out long range, or request help from medic and together they'll tear the apart with Uber. And that's the beauty of the game: variety and team work.
    If you like, you can check your stats of how well you've played in your account. Many servers supports Replay option, which let's you to rewatch moments of your battles in servers.
    Other.. stuff...: beside fun competitive gameplay there's also co-op, which will test your strategy, team work and skill against hordes of robotic copies of the mercenaries. Believe me, co-op is an absolute blast. Probably another key feature of what makes this game a great experience is its Mann-conomy, which is a built in trading system and shop of various items, most notably the hats and new weapons. You can buy hats with real money, or trade them with other people, or craft them or find them... And all of that still keeps the community to grow and act like a busy hive. (it's been about 6 years since TF2 has launched and the community is very active, again proving the ingenuity of Valve)
    Now here comes the fun part this whole package is absolutely free (except hats and trading until you go premium, but premium can cost you just about 30 cents) so it would be silly not to try it out.
  11. Mar 9, 2013
    Not much to say about this masterpiece of a game except the recent choices it has made such as the mann-conomy, micro transactions, Free-2-Play and the other bogus, plaguing/plagued the game with lag, crashes, DRM delay, hitbox denials and one of the worst communities of all time. Yet I'm still playing it now over 2000 hours to count. Why? Because It's a fun game and I sincerely wish thatNot much to say about this masterpiece of a game except the recent choices it has made such as the mann-conomy, micro transactions, Free-2-Play and the other bogus, plaguing/plagued the game with lag, crashes, DRM delay, hitbox denials and one of the worst communities of all time. Yet I'm still playing it now over 2000 hours to count. Why? Because It's a fun game and I sincerely wish that more game developers would take after it's old ideals instead of pushing crap like CoD through the sneeze tubes that is the entertainment industry today. Expand
  12. Feb 1, 2011
    best game ever,because tf2 is so funny,balanced,dont have retarded players and more.click on steam and play with tf2 players(game have 30 official maps and thos are very good
  13. Jan 3, 2011
    This is an awesome game, it is one of the best games ever. Seriously this game is lots of fun especially if you have some friends to play with. It is a pure team based online game with very fun characters, sounds and a variety of maps. Even for a 3 year old game like this the developers are actively supporting the game with fresh updates and fixes. I would definetly recommend this game to anyone!
  14. Jan 3, 2011
    Valve have done it again! 3 years after launch, this game still has a community that is bulging at the seams! It's no wonder! With the constant updates and free, new content, this epic, team based shooter will be kickin on strong in another 3 years.....p.s it has HATS!
  15. Feb 6, 2011
    I got this game with the orange box two years back and I have never played a game this so much as I did with Team Fortress 2. The humour, the environment, the weapons, the different game modes and the mystery around the classes (their backgrounds) makes this a perfect game for a person that loves intense action and a variety of weapons to kill your opponents with. I wasn't around beforeI got this game with the orange box two years back and I have never played a game this so much as I did with Team Fortress 2. The humour, the environment, the weapons, the different game modes and the mystery around the classes (their backgrounds) makes this a perfect game for a person that loves intense action and a variety of weapons to kill your opponents with. I wasn't around before the updates and I don't know if the updates truly killed the game, but something that did kind of kill it was the trading system, it made all of the players greedy and just weird. The hysteria about the value of things in a game that don't effect the real life is just sad. Im not completely against the trading system since its a good tool to help your friends out with or to get hold of weapons you want. And another thing that sucks with this game is the players, while you may find some good people here most of the players are complete and utter jerks that will call you "noob". I for one try to be a good guy and encourage new players and not pick on them because they are no pros. Lately I haven't played it much because I got everything I like in the game and don't feel I have to search for anything else. But overall this is a good game, and you will have a great time if you find a server with some funny people. Expand
  16. Feb 17, 2011
    Otimo jogo, jogabilidade extremamente viciante, mapas ótimos, classs diferenciadas, achievements e items para desbloquear. Típico jogo que você joga por 2 horas e volta depois pra jogar mais.
  17. Feb 23, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is pretty much the best multiplayer game around. 9 completely different classes and plenty of weapons for each one (most of them added in recent updates). Plus vanity items - tons of awesome hats.
  18. Feb 26, 2011
    Keep in mind I rounded up from a 9.6. This game is a perfect example of how VALVe can make a good looking game exceed expectations, and a perfect example of how the community can make a game they have crafted to perfection even better. The first place to start: the classes. Each one has a unique feeling, making it almost impossible to compare them. They are for the most part balanced.Keep in mind I rounded up from a 9.6. This game is a perfect example of how VALVe can make a good looking game exceed expectations, and a perfect example of how the community can make a game they have crafted to perfection even better. The first place to start: the classes. Each one has a unique feeling, making it almost impossible to compare them. They are for the most part balanced. Granted some are more over or under powered than others. They all have variety and equality. The gameplay: the meat, what we really want as a gamer, my next topic. First I should say that everything is not to be taken seriously, from the weapon descriptions, the lines the stereotypical characters say, or even the over the top level of blood and gore, everything has a pinch, or a bucketful, of humor. The art style: the style of art is one of the most original i have seen to date. The updates: there are frequently updates so you will almost never get bored but one time out of 10 you will get bored because there wasn't enough content in the update and stop playing for a while. Make no mistake though you will be playing this into the wee hours of the night. Expand
  19. Apr 28, 2013
    Alright, I am going to write a review for today's date of April 28, 2013, a critique of Valve's PC game Team Fortress 2. When I started playing this game at its launch, it was unique, beautiful and fun. There were so many weapons and nine classes to learn creating some challenge and a bit of a difficulty curve if you never played Team Fortress Classic to an extent. Unfortunately, todayAlright, I am going to write a review for today's date of April 28, 2013, a critique of Valve's PC game Team Fortress 2. When I started playing this game at its launch, it was unique, beautiful and fun. There were so many weapons and nine classes to learn creating some challenge and a bit of a difficulty curve if you never played Team Fortress Classic to an extent. Unfortunately, today this is not the case because this game has been flipped on its head and made very easy and polluted with items. There are so many new weapons, hats, uniques and rare items, lots of which come with pre-ordering or owning certain games, that this has ruined the game to an extent. There were good and bad reasons about TF2 going F2P, the good being a plethora of new players and the bad would be the core launch audience would be dominating the new fish. For me this game was made too easy and a lot of my banana rider friends and server buddies left to play other games, currently some of us play Dota 2 because there is a challenge, but for the most part I don't play anymore. Truly, a lan party with some booze on 2009 mode, this game is an 8.5/10 across the board. Expand
  20. Jun 14, 2011
    TF2 is an awesome team building multiplayer game. Even though the cartoon graphics which are a downside but this teaches players to use teamwork to solve puzzles and complete games. It has childish games and missions while being able to have laughs and fun solving them.
  21. Dec 16, 2012
    One of the best multiplayers of all time. The characters and art style of the game are all done with absolute perfection. The "Meet the" videos have the same amount of perfection. The gameplay and all classes are packed to the brim with pure fun. The additional content this game received over the years are both good and bad. Good, because the variety adds to the fun and addiction levels toOne of the best multiplayers of all time. The characters and art style of the game are all done with absolute perfection. The "Meet the" videos have the same amount of perfection. The gameplay and all classes are packed to the brim with pure fun. The additional content this game received over the years are both good and bad. Good, because the variety adds to the fun and addiction levels to this game, and help create new playstyles. And bad, because the extra addition of the weapons can cause more and more balance problems that could take a long time to fix. If you enjoy the unlock/hat trading economy as well, this game has that too. Expand
  22. Feb 7, 2014
    I've been playing this game for years now. Gotta say without a doubt that its one of the best FPS games made to date. Sure it doesn't have the "realism" of games like Call of Duty or Battlefield but it makes up for that with smooth and engaging gameplay. The devs have been great about keeping the game updated and fresh.

True, many will point out that the current game is nothing like the

True, many will point out that the current game is nothing like the game when it first came out. The addition of hats and new weapons completely turned the game upside down. However, as crazy as it may seem right now, the changes have kept this games community thriving and has made fresh could've gone stale years ago. Kudos Valve for this masterpiece!
  23. May 5, 2013
    I've been on Metacritic for a while and I can't believe I haven't reviewed Team Fotress 2 yet. Team Fortress 2 has and always will be the best multiplayer game. Ever. I'm not always a fan of multiplayer, but Team Fortress 2 is different. Oh. It's a free to play now. You'd be an idiot not to try TF2 out. Bottom line, Team Fortress 2 is just perfect.
  24. Mar 22, 2012
    I don't give this a 10 because of all the hats, and the unnecessary amount of new weapons valve are adding all the time. I get that they had to change it up a bit after making it F2P, but as and "old" TF2 gamer i don't like it. But I do like that I can play with my vanilla setup and still don't get owned by all these new weapons. TF2 has always been my "go-to" game when I'm not playing anyI don't give this a 10 because of all the hats, and the unnecessary amount of new weapons valve are adding all the time. I get that they had to change it up a bit after making it F2P, but as and "old" TF2 gamer i don't like it. But I do like that I can play with my vanilla setup and still don't get owned by all these new weapons. TF2 has always been my "go-to" game when I'm not playing any new games, and it will continue to be for a long time. It's great fun. Expand
  25. May 13, 2012
    This is probably the best FPS I've ever played. The style, the story and the caharacters are really witty. Like it's predecessors it takes class based combat to a new level.

The only bad things about it: since it got free lots of inexperienced players that used to play frag based games got into it in huge numbers making most games feel like you are playing alone while everyone else just tries to get frags. So then I guessed it was time to move to competitive play only to discover that they prohibit tons of weapons from it and they they generally have very strict rules. So they decided to ruin the game by banning everything that is able to kill a rocket-jumping soldier. Just because they decided to focus on rocketjumping (like it's the sole thing that requires skill in TF2) they had to ban anything new that ruined their precious skill. Those guys are complete morons and they should really state that they are not actually playing TF2. They are playing a tiny subset of TF2 that suits them.
  26. May 11, 2013
    7 is max what i can give I quickly got bored after some hours. Graphics, gameplay unqualified. Developers still supporting this game. Everyone can make maps.
  27. Jun 12, 2012
    So I have to admit, I am not a fan of all these crappy item updates, but this game itself I have played for 5 years, or more now. This is one of the best games i have played ever that is multilayer, comparable only to star-craft and counterstrike 10/10always( i want to say unreal 2004 but i never played)
  28. Mar 6, 2013
    I've played it since inception. Free to play, designed by valve. No design flaws, perfectly refined. The item system is great. It makes money for valve/steam but at the same time, it doesn't put anyone else at an advantage. What's not to love?
  29. Mar 4, 2012
    when i first went on this game i thought this will get boring. I WAS WRONG. i have played countless hours of this game because it features good gameplay with smart players (unlike call of duty) but if you are the kind of guy who cares about graphics and isn't very patient don't get this game because at the start you start with bad weapons but when you get some achievements you get some 5when i first went on this game i thought this will get boring. I WAS WRONG. i have played countless hours of this game because it features good gameplay with smart players (unlike call of duty) but if you are the kind of guy who cares about graphics and isn't very patient don't get this game because at the start you start with bad weapons but when you get some achievements you get some 5 star weapons. the classes are balanced, but each class has at least one over powered weapon. this is also a game with still packed servers and no hackers. Expand
  30. Jul 10, 2012
    This is by far the best competitive FPS out there, after all these years it stays fresh and original, it takes more skill than your standard FPS. The games art style is beautiful and even though some people think that ridiculous hats ruin the style it'll take a bit more than that to make this game look bad. Despite the lack of a story this games characters each have their own personalitiesThis is by far the best competitive FPS out there, after all these years it stays fresh and original, it takes more skill than your standard FPS. The games art style is beautiful and even though some people think that ridiculous hats ruin the style it'll take a bit more than that to make this game look bad. Despite the lack of a story this games characters each have their own personalities to them, each of them humorous in their own way. Anyone who thinks this game is bad either isn't a fan of FPS games or is just straight out bad at it. Expand
  31. Mar 18, 2012
    The gameplay itself is fun, engaging, and an absolute blast to play. The only problems - The F2P Elements, while implemented way better than most F2P, is annoying, and some of the servers are downright terrible with not helping the team and using an every man for himself style. If you get the right server, you'll be spending most of your time on the computer on TF2.
  32. Dec 2, 2012
    IF I was rating this game if it came out today with all of the hats I would give it a much lower rating, maybe a 6. However, in 2007, when the game came out this game was pure gold, there was so much polish that you would get blinded by the amount of time they put in this game (9 years in development) The game has unfortunately lost a lot of polish (hence the 9) and has gained a badIF I was rating this game if it came out today with all of the hats I would give it a much lower rating, maybe a 6. However, in 2007, when the game came out this game was pure gold, there was so much polish that you would get blinded by the amount of time they put in this game (9 years in development) The game has unfortunately lost a lot of polish (hence the 9) and has gained a bad reputation as a "hat simulator" however if you look past all of the hats and look at the actually game-play you will be delighted to see that it isn't a point and click adventure but instead a game which every class (not all of the new weapons though) is balanced perfectly, and can be credit to the team and doesn't give you the feeling that your class is useless. The best part about this game is that it is replay-able to the point where you question where those 100+ hours went. It also has graphics which don't require a supercomputer to play it (you do need a computer with some power, and might need to lower the graphics, but at least it isn't like BF3) In short, this game was amazing when it came out, and is still pretty good, but it has turned into a big fashion show with guns. Expand
  33. Feb 16, 2015
    Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money.
  34. Sep 9, 2014
    There's nothing I can say about this game that hasn't already been said, but I will say this: Team Fortress 2 is the best FPS multiplayer game ever developed. The game never gets dull. There will be points where you'll get tired of playing, but every time you load it back up you'll find yourself once again addicted.
  35. Mar 11, 2012
    HATS HATS HATS but still this game is awesome and free thats all i have to say about but i just need 150 characters to fill up this review so i can submit it
  36. Feb 14, 2012
    Brilliant game. Beautiful art style, balanced game play, and interesting characters. What more could a gamer ask for?

For all the new weaponry, hats, and misc. items, it all boils down to how well the team works together. This is the game that pushes you into understanding the value of teamwork and communication. You are nothing without your team, and this game hammers it home more than you'd think. You can have the most "op" weapon you can get your hands on, but without your team to watch your back you can be taken down by someone with the default load-out. And I like that. I like that it's not a one-man-show. The team winning or losing depends on the team, and that's what makes playing with friends and strangers alike so much fun. You get the occasional bad teammate ("It's all YOUR fault we lost!" "That weapon is so op, they should get rid of it" etc) but if you find the right server then it's not a problem. After playing for a year (on the same server, too) I've found that most TF2 players are, for the most part, creatures of habit. They go on about the same time, on the same days, etc. So finding a good server's pretty easy. Just hang around a server a couple times and see who the regulars are, you'll find the server that fits you eventually.
  37. Feb 16, 2012
    If you are a PC gamer than you can be rest-assured that 90% of the First-Person Shooters and Third-Person Shooters you play at least have features modeled after TF2. I can't, in good conscious, give this game a 10 however. It is very good, but not perfect. The customization is lacking, you can't actually customize the weapons themselves; although you can craft weapons. On holidays, youIf you are a PC gamer than you can be rest-assured that 90% of the First-Person Shooters and Third-Person Shooters you play at least have features modeled after TF2. I can't, in good conscious, give this game a 10 however. It is very good, but not perfect. The customization is lacking, you can't actually customize the weapons themselves; although you can craft weapons. On holidays, you also get free hats and costumes, and even weapons sometimes. Valve out-did themselves here but they just didn't put in that certain something that truly sets this title apart from ALL other. All that being said, I am always up to a friendly game of TF2. It really takes the cake when it comes to excellent gaming experience, but there is much room for improvement. All the brighter side, this is one of the only game I've ever seen to be constantly updated, modded, hold (unofficial) clans, and just all-around good times for 5 consecutive years. And even though it is 5 years old it is still state-of-the-art for our gaming age. I highly recommend you download this game and enjoy every moment of it because it isn't going anywhere anytime soon. On top of that, it's free-to-play and updates like 2-3 times a week with new stuff. It is also NOT one of those games where you buy a gun for real cash and then you lose it within a week or two. Weapons are yours until you trade them away, destroy them for scrap metal, or somehow a black hole pops out and snags all of your stuff. Which almost never happens. Anyways, I thoroughly enjoy this game and wish I had more time to play it, but for now I'll pass the word on to the public. My Steam: HollowmanS Expand
  38. Apr 22, 2015
    Greatest fun I've ever had on any multiplayer shooter! Loads of variety and laughs to keep you coming back for more! *Valve's storm of action and laughter fires all 10 bullets!*
  39. Feb 21, 2012
    A bit over-loved in my opinion. It IS a good game, but over a 9 on the rating? no.
    I focus on the bad simply because the good is in pretty much every other review. My overall score stands. 8 is good, not perfect and not near perfection either. Good nonetheless.
    First off this is a team-oriented game. This is both a good thing... and a bad thing. It means one bad player can really mess up

It means one bad player can really mess up the whole team. If the engineer doesn't do his job effectively or at all, then teams can't advance (assuming offense) because the respawn times and no teleporters up, means those on defense can respawn closer to their base which is the last point under attack, die, and assuming they are even half as good as those on offense win because of the bad engineer. If your on defense, the engineer not doing his job is just as bad because he is basically a slower, less powerful scout.

People try to say that this game is all skill and no luck. I call bull. When you have rockets that only are being aimed in a general direction, that can still one hit kill things because it happens to be a crit... that's luck.

That's ok though, removing luck in these kinds of games is near impossible. Even getting 7 people who all love to play one class is unlucky, and there isn't much you can do about that.
    One thing I wish they would implement is a tier system. That is, as you get better you face off against better and better people. As it is now, any random scrub can join any random game.

Other than that this game is pretty solid. an 8 for sure, if I could add decimals, I would say around 8.4
  40. Jan 6, 2014
    It's really hard to pinpoint any negative aspect in this game. Like it intends to, the game emphasizes teamwork with nine classes that are all balanced and have distinctly different roles and abilities. The vast arsenal of weapons you get allow for multiple playstyles and strategies. Valve updates the game on a regular basis, and as of now there are more than enough maps to play on withIt's really hard to pinpoint any negative aspect in this game. Like it intends to, the game emphasizes teamwork with nine classes that are all balanced and have distinctly different roles and abilities. The vast arsenal of weapons you get allow for multiple playstyles and strategies. Valve updates the game on a regular basis, and as of now there are more than enough maps to play on with many different gamemodes. So as you can see, there's a great deal of variety. Sound design is excellent throughout, and the brilliant visual style still looks great years after its release. Highly recommended for FPS fans. Expand
  41. Mar 19, 2012
    This is a fun game, and the controls and very smooth and intuitive. It's very simple to jump into some multiplayer matches, run around, and shoot stuff. Unfortunately, I got bored fairly quickly, and soon asked myself "why am I playing this?" The game didn't provide any highly compelling answers, at least for me. In general, this is a great FPS game, it just seemed to lack a point andThis is a fun game, and the controls and very smooth and intuitive. It's very simple to jump into some multiplayer matches, run around, and shoot stuff. Unfortunately, I got bored fairly quickly, and soon asked myself "why am I playing this?" The game didn't provide any highly compelling answers, at least for me. In general, this is a great FPS game, it just seemed to lack a point and didn't have that much staying power. Expand
  42. Mar 1, 2012
    valve game always good,it almost no bug,tf2 is a really fun good game,it can bring u happiness and make u exciting ,not like mw3,it is just a rubbish.valve fair good game always win at last
  43. Mar 30, 2012
    This game contains hats, therefor it is the best game ever created. You can also shoot. But you can trade also, this is fun because hats. I like hats. 10/10 would play again.
  44. Mar 15, 2012
    This is the best multiplayer FPS game currently available, without question. The nonstandard weapons are well balanced. None are direct upgrades or golden hammers, and none is better than another in all situations, although some are rarely useful. There is a large community of custom map makers. The loot is interesting without being a grind or a barrier to the existence of balancedThis is the best multiplayer FPS game currently available, without question. The nonstandard weapons are well balanced. None are direct upgrades or golden hammers, and none is better than another in all situations, although some are rarely useful. There is a large community of custom map makers. The loot is interesting without being a grind or a barrier to the existence of balanced competitive gameplay like it is in every MMO ever. I hated the recent gratuitous mmorpg-ification of games due to WoW (it ruined AOE3+, ruined COD2+, and ruined Warcraft 3 which was MMORPGified for the sole purpose of being a hook into WoW which was already under development). So it is refreshing that TF2 has managed to get the best of both worlds -- give people MMORPG-like rewards without ruining of the balance and feel of competitive gameplay like every other MMORPGified game ever. If you don't have the loot, it is no big deal, and you can still play effectively with any class. Expand
  45. Mar 25, 2012
    The single best shooter I have ever played. Seriously. This excellent team based shooter will suck you right in. The skill level is great, and the organized competitive events are awesome.
  46. Mar 29, 2012
    Hugely entertaining, suitably humorous and mildly addictive. Quirky FPS's like this need to be more in number. Despite the comical models, the game is fairly in-depth and requires skill to do well. This skill can be honed in any one of nine classes, and each class provides a fresh perspective on a match. The support by Valve is tremendous, and the Steam workshop is intuitive. Doesn't getHugely entertaining, suitably humorous and mildly addictive. Quirky FPS's like this need to be more in number. Despite the comical models, the game is fairly in-depth and requires skill to do well. This skill can be honed in any one of nine classes, and each class provides a fresh perspective on a match. The support by Valve is tremendous, and the Steam workshop is intuitive. Doesn't get much better than this. Oh, for those who are wondering, I bought this before it became FTP, and the quality of the game has not diminished that significantly. Good games never die. Expand
  47. Apr 10, 2012
    A great style, fun and balanced gameplay and quirky humour make this game a must-have for every PC gamer. Though there aren't really any issues with this game, I don't think it's outstanding either.
  48. Apr 5, 2012
    I really enjoy this game a lot. The only thing preventing it from being 10 is I wish there was a leveling system of some sort with matchmaking. That is just a personal preference though. I really enjoy this game a lot.
  49. Apr 9, 2012
    I love this game, personally. It's so much more different from the mainstream stuff such as CoD and Battlefield. And yes, the classes are quite balanced. Each class has its own specific strengths, weaknesses, and counters by other classes. The hats are a nice addition to the game, and if you don't like the idea of hat collecting, nobody is making you pay for anything. It's got wonderfulI love this game, personally. It's so much more different from the mainstream stuff such as CoD and Battlefield. And yes, the classes are quite balanced. Each class has its own specific strengths, weaknesses, and counters by other classes. The hats are a nice addition to the game, and if you don't like the idea of hat collecting, nobody is making you pay for anything. It's got wonderful replay value and best of all, you can play it for free. I seriously recommend this game to anyone. You'll lose nothing from giving it a try. Expand
  50. Apr 14, 2015
    This game used to be good. From it's launch till 2011 it was good. But then Valve decided to mess the whole thing up. It went from a fantastic fun online shooter, to a worthless, incohesive cluster of junk. Now instead of a fun online shooter, it is just another pathetic 'Free to Play' cashgrab that revolves around virtual items that cost real money. Speaking of the virtual items, theThis game used to be good. From it's launch till 2011 it was good. But then Valve decided to mess the whole thing up. It went from a fantastic fun online shooter, to a worthless, incohesive cluster of junk. Now instead of a fun online shooter, it is just another pathetic 'Free to Play' cashgrab that revolves around virtual items that cost real money. Speaking of the virtual items, the balancing on most of the weapons is off, and all of the costumes look ridiculous/don't go with the games initial theme at ALL. The game used to have a fantastic & unique cartoony style, but that is now overshadowed with absurd cosmetics/items. They seriously added a My Little Pony hat! Come on, who thought that would be a good idea? I can't remember the last time they released a half decent update. Actually, nevermind that. I do remember. It was the Engineer Update...BACK IN 2010! And to top it all off, the game has gotten stupidly buggy. I remember when it was almost polished to perfection, barely any bugs at all.
    This used to be one of my favorite games of all time. But now whenever I see it, I cringe. This game has become cringe worthy.
    Team Fortress 2 has lost ALL of its soul. This isn't TF2. TF2 doesn't exist anymore. It was replaced by...whatever THIS garbage is.

Also Meet the Pyro was awful. One of the most interesting classes in the game and they didn't even make a decent video for him.
  51. Apr 18, 2012
    This game is very fun, and long lasting. Even now they are still currently adding weapons, and now with the Steam Workshop available, those with great ideas and modeling skills can submit their items and it will get published! However people will think if you don't have any hats, you wont really be considered "cool" if you might say. Ignore this. Just play the game and have fun. Once youThis game is very fun, and long lasting. Even now they are still currently adding weapons, and now with the Steam Workshop available, those with great ideas and modeling skills can submit their items and it will get published! However people will think if you don't have any hats, you wont really be considered "cool" if you might say. Ignore this. Just play the game and have fun. Once you get skilled, you'll have hats, and if you don't, people will not make fun of you for being a F2P. Expand
  52. Nov 2, 2013
    The best Free-to-Play game on the market today. Perfectly balanced, amazing gameplay, great cartoon-y style and an amazing community that provides unique ways to play the game. Definitely pick this up, no question.
  53. Apr 22, 2012
    Fun game+tons of HATS !
    Must...have...HATS !
    Seriously it's free now, you couldn't just be more lucky, or if you want to become a premium user just buy something from the mann.co store.
  54. Apr 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best game I've ever played, it's absolutely worth every penny down to the detail and fun that the game actually is, it's great, and It deserves respect for the time it took to make, the though about lots of things before releasing it to make it more fun (if you list to the commentary node) It's a wonderful game for veterans, news anyone, everyone can enjoy it if you like FPS with a cartoonish style. Expand
  55. May 4, 2012
    I really enjoy this game. But what gets under my skin is the community. What they lack fro common sense they blame Valve and what I mean by common sense is NOT BUYING STUFF FROM THE STORE OR DELETING ITEMS THAT THEY DON'T WANT!. Apparently the community has forgotten that there is a delete feature in this game along with the crafting feature. I got an email from Jeff Bennet who said thatI really enjoy this game. But what gets under my skin is the community. What they lack fro common sense they blame Valve and what I mean by common sense is NOT BUYING STUFF FROM THE STORE OR DELETING ITEMS THAT THEY DON'T WANT!. Apparently the community has forgotten that there is a delete feature in this game along with the crafting feature. I got an email from Jeff Bennet who said that the stamps you buy go towards the creators of the maps and the ring from Valentine's day went towards someone's actual proposal. Valve does NOT take the profits! They go towards the community! So if you think Valve is greedy then think again! They care very much for their costumers, but it's sad that the community can't return the favor. Expand
  56. May 6, 2012
    Flawless hat simulator! You start off as a poor irish unfortunate with nothing but the will to build the biggest tower of hats any gentlemanne of leisure has ever gased upon. From ghastly gibus to burning team captain team hatress 2 promises a rolercoaster ride of emotion, backstabs and hats.
    Download today!
  57. May 8, 2012
    This is one of the most fun games you can play on your PC in a long time. You can't beat the price (free!) and the gameplay is top notch. The cartoonish graphics age well and easily keep it looking fresh. Download it now!
  58. May 10, 2012
    The Classes in this game are excellently balanced.

-Medic -Scout -Soldier -Demoman -Spy -Engineer -Pyro -Heavy Best Multiplayer game. This game is not about individuals kicking ass but an individual kicking ass helps. You NEED a team that functions properly to succeed. You need a medic giving heals, you need an engineer defending your base and you need Heavies/Soldiers/Demomen/Scouts
    The Classes in this game are excellently balanced.

-Medic
    -Scout
    -Soldier
    -Demoman
    -Spy
    -Engineer
    -Pyro
    -Heavy

Best Multiplayer game. This game is not about individuals kicking ass but an individual kicking ass helps. You NEED a team that functions properly to succeed. You need a medic giving heals, you need an engineer defending your base and you need Heavies/Soldiers/Demomen/Scouts attacking. The game is regularly updated with patches and is FREE. It's also not Pay to Win, It's Pay for Hats.
  59. May 15, 2012
    TF2 is very addictive, different then other all fps games, custom weapons, hats ,misc items,classes, maps,mods everything you need in this game and this game have very high skilllevel.(maybe some classes dont have much)

It is the best game i have played in my entire life.
  60. May 17, 2012
    Collects hats, shoot nerds. If you like CoD you won't like TF2 very much. The updates are now hats and wortless weapons but doesn't bother me too much. I agree with the haters of this game, the tf2 team needs to make more valubale updates
  61. Jun 27, 2012
    It might not be for people who like realistic games, but I reccomend it to anyone who enjoys fast paced, and quick gun combat.. Constant updates keep fans engaged. Get 3 friends and get to building a better way to play this game.
  62. May 19, 2012
    Absolutely fantastic. A gloriously fun and hilarious game. The gameplay for actually playing the game is wonderful. Definitely the best free game I have ever played.
  63. May 30, 2012
    Love this game and everything about it. Been playing for about 6 months now and every moment is enjoyable. If you love FPS gaming with teamwork, this is the game for you.
  64. May 31, 2012
    No matter if you are old school and liked it vanilla, no matter if you instead like how it is now with its renewed checks and balances, no matter if you think hats are a good thing or a bad thing, optional or not, this game is probably the closer thing to perfection you'll ever get. If you don't think so, think again. If it IS not so, they are trying hard every time to improve it,No matter if you are old school and liked it vanilla, no matter if you instead like how it is now with its renewed checks and balances, no matter if you think hats are a good thing or a bad thing, optional or not, this game is probably the closer thing to perfection you'll ever get. If you don't think so, think again. If it IS not so, they are trying hard every time to improve it, maintaining that indie game spirit in contact with its community even after Valve became a colossus of a game industry. Everytime you complain about balance, even if in your head you apparently came up with what sounds to you like a good point, think of yourself in third person and verify if that is not if you are losing. If you are still not convinced, still think of any possible similar (which is already hard) FPS and realize that the balance is still the best there is. Who complains about these things is only right in a very small percentage of cases, in which Valve has shown to be willing to fix weapons that had been out for a lot of time already (es.: Sandvich). The only negative point I'll state is the Mannconomy. Not because users are sharks, that's their fault and not the game's, but mostly because it makes you think it's optional but uses the usual korean-mmorpg-like mindgames to almost make it non optional, cutting you a bit out of the game if you are not part of the market, not to mention the idea of crates which is pure money-sucking (buying for lottery tickets). Still, if these usually **** ideas are put there to fund such a great game, this complaint might as well be ignored. Expand
  65. Jul 2, 2012
    This game is one of my favorites, and by far one of the most amazing first person shooters of all time. Im never bored and spend way too much time playing, it's also insanely addictive. If I get tired of one character theres 8 more behind him, and each character is fun and serves credit to the team. In a red vs blue battle you play as the: heavy with big weapons, scout who's fast, a medicThis game is one of my favorites, and by far one of the most amazing first person shooters of all time. Im never bored and spend way too much time playing, it's also insanely addictive. If I get tired of one character theres 8 more behind him, and each character is fun and serves credit to the team. In a red vs blue battle you play as the: heavy with big weapons, scout who's fast, a medic who heals, a engineer who builds machines, a demo man, sniper, spy who can disguise as players on the other team, a pyro with a flamethrower, and a soldier with a rocket launcher. Theres no campaign, and as of right now there is 8 different game modes. This game rocks, and you can't pass it up. Expand
  66. Jun 21, 2012
    When it comes to the average first person shooter, Team Fortress 2 is really unique. It isn't like most first person shooters where you just pump your enemies full of lead. It has a lot more content and mechanics involved, in addition to having many gamemodes. The classes are all different and for the most part balanced. You can choose a swift class, the Scout, to complete objectives suchWhen it comes to the average first person shooter, Team Fortress 2 is really unique. It isn't like most first person shooters where you just pump your enemies full of lead. It has a lot more content and mechanics involved, in addition to having many gamemodes. The classes are all different and for the most part balanced. You can choose a swift class, the Scout, to complete objectives such as capturing the flag or capturing a point. You can choose a slow but tough class, such as the Heavy, to mow down enemies and defend points. You can choose a stealthy, low profile class, such as the Spy, and silently infiltrate the enemy's ranks. So many different possibilities with this game! To make it even better, it's free. Most weapons and items can be found in-game just by playing. It makes you want to buy items, though, because of how great the game is. I definitely recommend this as a fun game or as a change from the normal first person shooters. Expand
  67. Jul 2, 2012
    This game is Perfect, And it gets better every time valve update it.

Graphics-10/10 Gameplay-11/10 Re-playability-100/10 It was the best game in 2007 and it still is now! Continuous updates, huge community, huge eco-system and now it's FREE! Just a note to some reviewers here, giving the game a low score because you want a refund because it's free now is a lame excuse, I've put
    This game is Perfect, And it gets better every time valve update it.

Graphics-10/10
    Gameplay-11/10
    Re-playability-100/10

Just a note to some reviewers here, giving the game a low score because you want a refund because it's free now is a lame excuse, I've put about £70 in total into this game since I bought it in 2007 and i never want a single penny to be refunded as this game was worth every penny.

If i could i'd give it 1000000/10, but sadly metacritic only lets me go to 10 :')
  68. Jan 16, 2014
    One of the best online multiplayer shooters ever made. It's the very definition of how a game should be balanced. Even though I have over 250 games in my Steam library and plenty of online shooters to choose from, I always find myself coming back and playing a few rounds on my favorite servers.
  69. Jul 8, 2012
    It took a lot of time to download this game but it was definitely worth the wait. It's a great multiplayer experiece. There are nine different characters to choose from with their own abilities and weapons. It is important that you and your team works together, a fully functional team consist of all the characters. Through the game you obtain random items such as weapons and hats to equipIt took a lot of time to download this game but it was definitely worth the wait. It's a great multiplayer experiece. There are nine different characters to choose from with their own abilities and weapons. It is important that you and your team works together, a fully functional team consist of all the characters. Through the game you obtain random items such as weapons and hats to equip your characters, you can also craft your own weapons by using weapons you have. The game is fun and it is impossible not to enjoy it. There are different kind of modes to play with your friends where teamwork means everything. The characters are all unique and funny. Expand
  70. Jul 14, 2012
    Its the perfect semi-casual shooter that you can play every day or once a month and still get great enjoyment out of it. For everything that this game offers for FREE, it is hard to beat. One of my all time favorites.
  71. Apr 13, 2014
    Single handedly the best game I've ever played in my life. This is the most balanced game ever created (yes including chess). Famous for being one of the first games that provided endless non stop free updates to keep the game fresh and interesting. To this day the community is as strong as ever and this game continues to inspire gamers and developers alike and give them something amazingSingle handedly the best game I've ever played in my life. This is the most balanced game ever created (yes including chess). Famous for being one of the first games that provided endless non stop free updates to keep the game fresh and interesting. To this day the community is as strong as ever and this game continues to inspire gamers and developers alike and give them something amazing to strive towards.
    To say I got my "bang for my buck" would be a grievously colossal understatement. No game in history as ever been so good that it helped sell other games by offering items to redeem in that very same game. As such I think it's important to give proper respect to a game that essentially inspired gamers to try more and different games in the process. Hand's down, in solemn solute and prayers, this game is in a league of its own. I only regret that I could not give this game a score higher than 10.
  72. May 17, 2013
    Do I even need to say anything about this excellent first-person shooter? Vibrant characters, actual balance, and hats, all for free. Download this now. 10/10 Mushie Lands.
  73. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is free. This game is fantastic. One of the most balanced FPS's ever, it gives each class a specific use, and none are useless. There are so many gamemodes to play and items to collect and use, it's amazing. Plus, all you have to do to become premium and unlock trading and a larger backpack is buy one item from the store. Like, one 30p item. The microtransactions are veryThis game is free. This game is fantastic. One of the most balanced FPS's ever, it gives each class a specific use, and none are useless. There are so many gamemodes to play and items to collect and use, it's amazing. Plus, all you have to do to become premium and unlock trading and a larger backpack is buy one item from the store. Like, one 30p item. The microtransactions are very justified as it is a free game. Quite possibly the best online shooter ever made. Oh, and hats. Expand
  74. Jan 5, 2013
    The perfect game, everything from the music to gameplay is pretty much 99.9% perfected.

Optimization of graphics - This isn't a **** console port, and you know valve.. they make games run well on all platforms. My $110 graphics card can max this game easily at 60+ FPS 1920x1080 resolution and the graphics are pretty good. Valve is not money grubbing, sure, they have microtransactions

Valve is not money grubbing, sure, they have microtransactions but it's not in your face or obnoxious. They do it in humurous ways that make you chuckle, and leave it as an option. They're only hats, after all. It's free to play now, they need a source of income and they're doing it right. I'd buy a hat if I had lots of money just to donate to valve for being awesome.

The characters all have their own personality and guns. There's a medic, an engineer, a sniper, etc. This game does everything right that others do wrong because it's not made by a money sucking piece of **** corporation like Treyarch or Activision. Call of Duty and all the other badly optimized console ports out there are what sets gaming back.
  75. Nov 1, 2013
    I'm not a huge fan of first person shooters, but this game is awesome. It still stands up to most games today (Nov, 2013). It's hysterical yet very in-depth, relying heavily of a well balanced team made up of 7+ different classes.

This game will be remembered as a classic, but luckily it still has some good years ahead of it.
  76. Dec 11, 2012
    The game has changed drastically since launch and there are a lot of OPINIONS about it. It's free to play now and after years of updates there are tons of official maps and game modes on top of all the community made content. The core gameplay is solid with "vanilla"/no-crit servers available if the hats and new weapons bother you so much. With tons of player customization options and userThe game has changed drastically since launch and there are a lot of OPINIONS about it. It's free to play now and after years of updates there are tons of official maps and game modes on top of all the community made content. The core gameplay is solid with "vanilla"/no-crit servers available if the hats and new weapons bother you so much. With tons of player customization options and user made content, this is my favorite non-"brown 'n' bloom" FPS on the market. Expand
  77. Nov 15, 2012
    the best game you can buy for free. some may say that it's turned into a hat simulator but if you don't focus on that you will have the most fun fps experience in your life. no really go and download steam and get it. you won't be disappointed
  78. Nov 29, 2012
    This game is fun, no doubt about it. I like the way that there are many different classes (9 to be exact) which has different equipment, requiring different strategies and techniques to excel in the game, giving players a chance to experience different methods to play the game. Although many people are troubled that its not the same as COD or Halo, but who cares? Not every game must haveThis game is fun, no doubt about it. I like the way that there are many different classes (9 to be exact) which has different equipment, requiring different strategies and techniques to excel in the game, giving players a chance to experience different methods to play the game. Although many people are troubled that its not the same as COD or Halo, but who cares? Not every game must have the same gaming system.

Whats more interesting? I like all the events and different accessories you can put on your team, which most games do not establish this. The trading system gets so popular now and its perhaps one of the few main things that TF2 differs from other popular games. TF2 is free, exciting, and really fun to play. Overall, the Multi-player and Co-op games are good, making the game feel enjoyable despite the fact that you may be doing the same thing over and over again. TF2 has also a wide variety of games, instead of just Capture the Flag, Base Defending, etc.

This game, my advice, is a MUST to play.
  79. Nov 19, 2012
    I am playing this game since December 2008 and all I have to say is: go play it. This is the best (now free to play!) game since Quake 3 Arena. Give it a go!
  80. Nov 22, 2012
    This game is an ABSOLUTE must have. I have owned it since it's release, and it's quite a hoot. Dieing is not too punishing, and teamwork is a must in this game. It's very relaxed, and very rarely do people get mad playing it. The graphics are fun, not attempting to be extraordinary. The one and only thing I can find wrong with this game is the Mann Co store. It has gotten quite out ofThis game is an ABSOLUTE must have. I have owned it since it's release, and it's quite a hoot. Dieing is not too punishing, and teamwork is a must in this game. It's very relaxed, and very rarely do people get mad playing it. The graphics are fun, not attempting to be extraordinary. The one and only thing I can find wrong with this game is the Mann Co store. It has gotten quite out of hand, leaving players scrambling to find hats that provide no value to the game. Besides this, it is constantly being updated and nurtured. Many new game modes have arrived since release and the game is constantly being modified by the community, making the game highly re-playable. Expand
  81. Dec 22, 2012
    With over 250 hours of this to date since June 2012, this game became my go-to game for fun. Even though i must say that having premium is good, I loved it even before i bought items, having 200 of the 250 hours being played free. A terrific game with massive flexibility, it delivers on every level, from being challenging to play, to (unlike a lot of free-to-play games) excluding aWith over 250 hours of this to date since June 2012, this game became my go-to game for fun. Even though i must say that having premium is good, I loved it even before i bought items, having 200 of the 250 hours being played free. A terrific game with massive flexibility, it delivers on every level, from being challenging to play, to (unlike a lot of free-to-play games) excluding a pay-to-win aspect, as while some weapons may make you more powerful, the drop rates ensure that you will get the items you need to be on level ground with others, and all the weapons are balanced in such a way that makes it even more fair. This game never fails to deliver, no matter what I am looking for, from the default game modes to the community made game modes, there is always something new to try, and fun to have. I would pay good money for this game. The free-to-play aspect is just a bonus. Expand
  82. Nov 25, 2012
    Simply put. The best online multyplayer shooter ever created. The box says it all: "the most fun you can have online". (*valve delivers*). The simple fact that they are still giving it major updates even five years after release, tells you all you need to know...
  83. Dec 4, 2012
    this is really good game for all people who love fps games. and VALVE should keep updating to make the game more exciting. and please don't make a Team Fortress 3
  84. Dec 30, 2012
    If you're not considering the community of this and just vanilla game play this would get a five or six out of ten for being a decent team shooter but doesn't keep me interested for long.However due to this game having so many different modes due to the community I keep playing and it gets an extra two marks.Well done Valve.
  85. Jan 5, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is the perfect combination of humor, intensity, and war. It has different scenarios to play for different people's game taste such as King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, Attack/Defense, and more. There are also a combination of different people to play which gives the game more variety. This is a very fun game and its free!
  86. Aug 24, 2013
    I would give it a 10, but there are a small amount of problems. Things like the over-priced Mann. Co store, but you can always trade with other players. There's a huge amount of fun to be had, if you look carefully. With heaps of servers, people, and Valve constantly adding new things, there will always be something new to discover, and each time you start up the game will never be the same.
  87. May 18, 2013
    This is one of my favorite games of all time. I played it since November 2012 starting off as a F2P and turned my self into a premium due to the amount of fun i had in TF2. A while i stopped playing and then a few months later i came back to it and continued to have more fun. Valve simply makes amazing games. The gameplay and combat is something other games rarely have such as the spyThis is one of my favorite games of all time. I played it since November 2012 starting off as a F2P and turned my self into a premium due to the amount of fun i had in TF2. A while i stopped playing and then a few months later i came back to it and continued to have more fun. Valve simply makes amazing games. The gameplay and combat is something other games rarely have such as the spy class where you can cloak invisible and disguise yourself as other enemy's. All 9 classes are unique and something different from other generic FPS's such as Battlefield and Call of Duty. This game has a lot of content, items you can craft and find. Valve even goes updating this game every year since it's release, a well deserving game that i think you should get. Expand
  88. Feb 23, 2013
    Good:Many classes,many weps,many maps,many game play modes and is an apsolute enjoyment to play.
    Bad:Some items at the Mann.co shop are way more expensive then they should be.
  89. Jan 8, 2013
    Incredible in every way. That, topped off with the fact that you can download it absolutely free, makes this a no-brainer to buy. If you don't already own this, download it, for free, from Steam now.
  90. Jan 12, 2013
    its good the graphic is kind of good but i still have problem with the game, why is it turn sideway when i play? ignore this : asdqefsdf s se fsef saefds awfdsa awdsa waefrdswe sawefdsawf sawfdsaw aswd
  91. Jan 21, 2013
    hatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshats
  92. Feb 18, 2015
    There has never been a better chaotic, class-based multiplayer shooter. Stylish, funny, and well-balanced, this game has continued to evolve for 8 years now and remains a great experience. The biggest problem I have with the game is that it doesn't have strict rules for player behavior or a great overall community. It takes a bit of effort to find servers where rules worth having areThere has never been a better chaotic, class-based multiplayer shooter. Stylish, funny, and well-balanced, this game has continued to evolve for 8 years now and remains a great experience. The biggest problem I have with the game is that it doesn't have strict rules for player behavior or a great overall community. It takes a bit of effort to find servers where rules worth having are enforced, and then it becomes a challenge to find times when those servers are populated. Expand
  93. Jan 24, 2013
    The game is very cool. Many options, many weapons. The store system is cool, since you can just buy things in the store and use promptly or play the game and earn the stuff after a few hours of game play. I don't believe it is better than QCTF, but definitely a great game (I just miss grenades so much). I think the worse part of the game is a couple of stupid players in a few servers.
  94. Jan 25, 2013
    I've been playing this game on and off since it went live, and I always come back to it. I don't think there's a single MMO/FPS out there which I've been playing for so many years without getting bored. Regardless of what bads say, this game does require skill, and skill does count. You will always notice certain people with much higher k/d ratios than others - repeatedly suiciding for 1I've been playing this game on and off since it went live, and I always come back to it. I don't think there's a single MMO/FPS out there which I've been playing for so many years without getting bored. Regardless of what bads say, this game does require skill, and skill does count. You will always notice certain people with much higher k/d ratios than others - repeatedly suiciding for 1 kill doesn't pay off. The addition of more weapons has been a benefit IMO, there are counters for everything, and if you do communicate with your fellow players, you can counter anything.

Even after all this time, the graphical style still pleases me. The graphics simply haven't dated. The characters are fantastic, and the most commonly used maps are sublime.

I have to say that I love this game and I'd pretty much rate it up there with the best games of all time.
  95. Jan 30, 2013
    very good game. play it for hours on end :) give it two thumbs up! very good graphics, and gaming sounds. just need a few new weapons each month and it will be set to go!
  96. Feb 28, 2013
    Awesome Free2Play Multiplayer Shooter!
  97. Feb 1, 2013
    Honestly, I made a Metacritic account just so I could review this amazing game. I have been playing this game for about 2 years now, and I've gotta say, this game "iz da bomb." Amazing cel shaded art style, nine completely balanced classes with their own unique personality and race (I MEAN, YOU HAVE A BLACK SCOTTISH CYCLOPS AS A CHARACTER), amazing map design, balanced weapons, HATS!, anHonestly, I made a Metacritic account just so I could review this amazing game. I have been playing this game for about 2 years now, and I've gotta say, this game "iz da bomb." Amazing cel shaded art style, nine completely balanced classes with their own unique personality and race (I MEAN, YOU HAVE A BLACK SCOTTISH CYCLOPS AS A CHARACTER), amazing map design, balanced weapons, HATS!, an entertaining storyline in the form of comic books, the ability to survive more then 3 gun shots (I'm looking at you, CoD!) who wouldn't want to play a game like this? Despite the major complaints of "ooh, no mini-map"and "ooh, the graphics aren't realistic" this is the best fps ever. This isn't an opinion. THIS IS A FACT. This is the most wonderful, amazing, fantastic fps out there. I highly recommend that you try this game, and when you do, I humbly promise that you will not regret it. Expand
  98. Feb 9, 2013
    All that is needed to describe this game is three words: Addicting, fun, and intelligent. You will spend countless of hours playing this game and you will never reach the depth of fully understanding and mastering it. Most of all, this game is accessible to anyone who can run it on their computer. That's what makes this game so amazing. Defiantly in the run for Greatest Multipalyer Game ofAll that is needed to describe this game is three words: Addicting, fun, and intelligent. You will spend countless of hours playing this game and you will never reach the depth of fully understanding and mastering it. Most of all, this game is accessible to anyone who can run it on their computer. That's what makes this game so amazing. Defiantly in the run for Greatest Multipalyer Game of All Time. Expand
  99. Jan 11, 2014
    9/10 Amazing

Team Fortress 2 is essentially a fun, free game without any major elements that grants it a "Pay To Win" title. In this game, you'll unlock items normally through achievement progressions and whatnot. Cosmetics: Plays a part in character customization, where hats and clothing can be purchased with real-life money in the in-game shop. Most weapons are really balanced
    9/10 Amazing

Most weapons are really balanced from my experience, every single different one has advantage(s) and disadvantage(s) (except the basic ones). The only other way to unlock weapons faster outside of completing the achievements is by purchasing it in the in-game shop.

Game modes: Good variety of them.

Each classes are equally thought out and balanced. With roles completely different from the other.

Graphics aren't really great, but i'll give them some slack since they're using the Source engine and obviously because it is a 2008 title... OT: Source engine's hit detection is GREAT
  100. May 16, 2013
    Valve: you either hate their games, or you love them. From Portal to Half Life to Left 4 Dead, we all know someone (if not ourselves) who is addicted to every single Valve game. Team Fortress 2 is one of those addicting games you either hate or love, but in my case? I love it. It's a straight forward shooter with nine classes (Sniper, Medic, Heavy, Scout, Engineer, Pyro, Demoman, SoldierValve: you either hate their games, or you love them. From Portal to Half Life to Left 4 Dead, we all know someone (if not ourselves) who is addicted to every single Valve game. Team Fortress 2 is one of those addicting games you either hate or love, but in my case? I love it. It's a straight forward shooter with nine classes (Sniper, Medic, Heavy, Scout, Engineer, Pyro, Demoman, Soldier and the Spy), with weapons and small apparel to be found while playing, about 300 Achievements to unlock, plenty of official gamemodes and servers, funny, competetive, Everything you need in a clever yet simply shooter. Expand

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.