9.2

1. Oct 15, 2013
    This game is GOOD, don't get me wrong, a 6 is not a bad score. I'm not complaining about the graphics either, I think they suit the game play style and are a fun addition. The game play is also quite fun, and quite addictive. The addictive-ness of this game falls quite quickly due to the very repetitive game play. It's Kill, Die, Kill, Die, change class, Die, Die, Kill, change class, Kill, Kill, Die. I find that all the game modes are just mediocre, nothing new or interesting, they've all been seen before. And the world is EXTREMELY hard for beginners, as I once was. Some people in the game also like to obsess over hats, to be honest hats take away the game play and make players focus on something irrelevant. Overall this game is quite good. Expand
  2. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is incredible. Combining laid back design with fiercely competitive game modes this little gem is the perfect FPS.
    It features a selection of classes, each with an immense arsenal of weaponry, creating a cluster of effective playstyles, limited only by the players imagination. With complex mechanics such as the Sandman-Cleaver combo you can constantly be evolving your pack of
    skills whilst the game also includes newbie friendly classes with more easy to grasp objectives.
    The massive range of play styles will constantly keep the player entertained from amateur pub level to platinum standard competitive play.
    The icing on the cake comes when anyone can pick it up for free. This really is a game you have absolutely no excuse to ignore.
  3. Oct 21, 2013
    Really good to play with your friends and it has funny classes to choose from and every class does have pluss and minus sides. For example, Heavy is very slow, but it has alot of hp and firepower. Scout not much hp, but really fast and medium firepower. Only real is it went free to play and it came along with hats, miscs and guns. Like in the shop there's some miscs and hats which cost about 1-10€ and unusals are worth of 50€? Really? Expand
  4. Nov 23, 2013
    Tf2 one of the best games i'll ever play in my life so addicting so entertaining, people say the game got ruined because of the weapons and the store well that's not true unlike many games tf2 is not a pay to win game and people often get confused the new weapon they find is isn't better than their old one no it isn't and in most cases the default weapon i much better since the others have ups and downs but it actually depends on your style and what situation you are in and there are many ways to find these items, you acquire them via drop system, you trade them with other people,you do achievements or buy them but don't do that only spend 5 dollars on the game so you have a better drop rate. There are many other different items including hats which do not affect gameplay but affects what other players think of you and the most expensive hat is a unusual team captain I think worth about $4000 usd Expand
  5. Nov 7, 2013
    The game full of humor and action has define the meaning of Team Fortress, where not an ordinary realistic FPS of Submachine Guns and Rifles shooting each other, it means that there are 9 special people with 9 special skills other than a person using the gun massacring, but it was also about a teamwork between the classes. Such as Medic, and other Support Classes that would reinforce the offense and the defense class, the game is very entertaining with a large vary of hats and weapons, where you will spend your time countlessly on getting the hats to customize your character unlike a normal standard character. Expand
  6. Mar 15, 2014
    With the map editor, endless items waiting to be approved in the Steam Workshop and the 9 classes for any kind of FPS player, you will play Team Fortress 2 for a long time! And guess what? This games is FREE TO PLAY! So you only need 8GB free on your hard drive and you are good to go! Even if TF2 has micro-transactions, they are not really going to make a difference but if you want to stay unique from other players, you might spend £50 on your items without even realising:) In my opinion, give this game a try because you have nothing to lose! Expand
  7. Mar 31, 2014
    A really fun game with super fun mechanics. Has some performance issues when new updates get released but nothing that can't be fixed by tweaking settings. Free game with lots to do. Multiple different game modes, hats **** and other hsit (man i dont even play this game). Artstyle is so great and it's always stayed the same, following the guidelines that Valve created, no wacky hats like, idk, pony heads or heavy fairy sets. It's also free so that's pretty cool I guess, unless you're one of those idiots who don't want the game to grow and you're pissed at the new players instead of helping them but whatever. (that sentence woah) Pubs are fun to mess around in and competitive scene is fun and challenging. Probably the best game I've ever played, however the game is dead so I have to give it a 1/10. Expand
  8. Nov 7, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is about as good as Free-to-Play can get. Not quite in the elite class, but still an enjoyable game. I like the artstyle to it, not because "IT HAS COLOR", but because it actually looks like a Saturday Morning cartoon. As much as I like the FPS genre, I'd really like to see more experiments with the graphics. But what about the game? Well, it's best compared to a game like Counter-Strike. While in Counter-Strike (not to detract from it, it's still a good game) it's easy to solo a team, trying to go alone in this game will end with your ragequit. I also like that it makes it so that you want to pay money rather than grudgingly do it by giving some legitimate benefits (Not hats).

Really, my main complaint with the game is not with Valve, Steam, or the developers: It's with the community. The reigning kings of obnoxious fanbases remains the Homestuck community, but TF2 puts up a good fight. One of the downsides to the F2P model is that it allows EVERYONE (that has a computer that meets system requirements, that is) can play, leading to many situations where you'll be surrounded by Bronies, Furries, children, and the obnoxious "PC Master Race" group. Unlike some other games (Sonic), the community hasn't destroyed the game yet, but be wary. 8/10. A solid experience at the low price of free.
  9. Nov 6, 2013
    Probably, not going 10 because of the regular problem on the most of TF2's public servers: Unbalanced teams. There actually could be a system that would not drop all of the skilled players on the same team, but share them between both teams, and would do the same thing with F2Ps.
  10. Nov 8, 2013
    Entertained me for 1700+ hours with excellent gameplay that never makes you bored or tired. Loads of weapons, maps, community mods including Slender, Saxton Hale mod (You'll see how much fun it is) and prop hunt. Oh, I forgot to mention one last thing HATS. You'll be obsessed with them! You will want to be good-looking on the battlefield while you kill some hatless peasants!
  11. Nov 9, 2013
    Really love the game, and it's free! so even if you hate it you don't lose money, but how can you hate this game, it's a very fun game, plenty to do and it doesn't lack servers, the characters are very cool and the class system can end up making it into a pretty competitive game, with items to be collected there's always a goal to playing and all you have to do is play the game to get the items, or you can buy the ones you want in the store but that can get a bit expensive and hats cannot be found and have to be bough.

What also makes this game so great is the community, with people making cool items that can approved by valve and implemented into the game if they are good enought. Great game and completely free, a must play.
  12. Nov 10, 2013
    Lots of content updates. Very little game fixing updates. Mostly cosmetic bandaids and pretty hats to fill up your inventory to keep you from forgetting your game will lock up, crash, and not get patched for 2 months.
  13. Nov 23, 2013
    Truly a SPECTACULAR game to play. I am even able to play this game on one single server that replays the the same map 24/7 (Ozzy Furocity on the map 2Fort) and yet, I'm STILL having an unbelievable amount of fun!!
  14. Nov 23, 2013
    I have spent many, many hours just fiddling around in this game. This masterpiece just keep making itself better and better and more enjoyable. I see all the work they put into this project. However, I do how people do not like this game because of the cartoony and funny feel. This game was made to be a very serious FPS with GET TO POINT GAMMA GO! GO! GO! But then, this game just got less like that. A hat simulator. Who would've guessed that? Lots of random things happen and makes the gamer laugh and enchance how rich the game is. This game is one of my absolute favorite games and one I would spend money on just for items. I hope you enjoyed this random "speech". How do you think about my first critic? Expand
  15. Nov 25, 2013
    One of the best free to play FPS games ever to be created. It requires you to participate with the team to complete the objectives instead of just brainlessly killing people over and over again like in Call of Duty. This is also one of the few good cartoon FPS games. It is casual so no one gets mad at you for fooling around. I love how each class has their own personality and abilities that lets the player contribute to the team. My only problem is that there are a lot of bugs due to the constant updates (which I love). I would give it a 9.5 if I could. Expand
  16. Nov 27, 2013
    This game ruined my life. It is the best multiplayer shooter i ever played! Simply amazing! You have nine different classes to play and the cartoon graphics make the game better, more funny!
  17. Nov 30, 2013
    This is just a great game which is meant to be fun. I don't think that it is for everyone, however, I can't stop playing this game. I just bought Battlefield 4, but I am still playing Team Fortress 2. I love the goofiness of the game and the pacing is fantastic. Check it out, its free, and then you can decide for yourself if you like this game.
  18. Dec 12, 2013
    Worst game ever spent all my money on virtual hats and fed Gabe Newl 7 billion chocolate bars with that money. P.S awesome game most fun you'll have had shooting each other
  19. Dec 22, 2013
    Definition of awesomeness It´s pretty much boring alone, but once you have a friend playing, this game gets really funny and you can play it for days. There´s always something new to try.
  20. Dec 29, 2013
    This game is almost a requirement for anyone new to the PC gaming community. Not only does this game provide a AAA title with excellent weapon choice, balance, and class roles, it's also an entirely free game. Additionally, this game's Free to play (F2P) model is a great example for any developer, as even though it provides perks like inventory space, drop rate, and trading when upgrading to premium, no item or gametype is restricted from any Free to Play user.
    However, this game has a large "trading" system in-game, allowing players to trade items to each other. This may sound like an interesting mechanic, but many players have turned Team Fortress into a hub for trading, making servers for almost only such an act. If you are not interested in profiting from trading, avoid any server with a trade tag. As well, this game does not have a CD format and takes a large amount of data to download.
    Overall, 8/10 felt appropriate for recent server implications and the data overhaul needed, but find a good list of servers to favorite, and you shouldn't have to ever worry about them. Also, a Terabyte of Memory is the average data of a modern desktop, and 14 gigs shouldn't be a problem unless you have a poor connection to the Internet. Not just a recommendation or a suggestion, almost a requirement.
  21. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is an endless amount of fun. It is always going through updates, which make new weapons, hats, and other things, such as modes. The newest mode, Mann vs Machine (MVM) is really fun, you fight robots that look like the characters you can be! Get it. Its an endless amount of fun, which is free now!
  22. Jan 21, 2014
    TF2 is a free game.
    It is 100 times better than Call Of Duty or Battlefield (ok, maybe not battlefield4)
    Seeing as it is free, i will leave the reason to get it up to you to find out.
    SO GO GET THIS FRIGGIN GAME
  23. Mar 8, 2014
    Team Fortress 2. As soon as I saw the Meet the Team trailers for this game, I knew I had to have it. These trailers were so well done, that I think that just one of them would be a perfect short that plays before a movie. As for the actual game, I finally got my chance to play it at Christmas time in the year 2011 when I got it with the Orange Box, which also came with Half-Life 2 and Portal. So is this game as amazing as I had hoped it would be from the awesome trailers, or is the game just your average class-based multiplayer shooter with cartoony graphics? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is just about the most fun gameplay imaginable in a video game. The entire game is a class-based multiplayer first-person shooter. There are several different modes of play in this game. There is attack and defend, which is a mode where the blu team (no, I did not just spell "blue" wrong, that is really how the team is spelled in the game) attacks control points, and the red team defends them. The blu team needs to capture these points before time runs out, while the red team needs to defend them until time runs out. There is also king of the hill, where both teams must compete over a central control point, and hold it for a certain amount of time. Then there's capture the flag, which is capturing the enemy's briefcase of intelligence while defending your own. There are many more modes, but these are just to name a few. You begin each mode by choosing the class you want to play as out of all nine classes in the game. The classes are scout, soldier, pyro, demoman, heavy, engineer, medic, sniper, and spy. All of these classes are very fun to play as because they are all totally different in both gameplay and personality. The scout is the fastest class in the game, and is good for quick offensive raids. The soldier is the most balanced class in the game, with average speed, and a very powerful rocket launcher. Pyro can set things on fire with his flamethrower at close range, and that's all that really needs to be said. The Demoman has a grenade launcher, which he can use to lob grenades at enemies. The heavy is the most powerful class in the game, and can destroy everything with his minigun. The engineer can build turrets and dispensers to help defend locations. The medic can heal everyone on the go with his medigun. The sniper can take out enemies from a distance with his sniper rifle, and the spy can disguise himself as the enemy, and back-stab them with his knife. As for what I mean by different personalities, I mean that the classes themselves are essentially their own characters in the game. They all come from different countries, have different back stories, and even have their own sense of humor and quotes. Because the classes of this game are all so different, this makes the game utterly unique compared to other multiplayer shooters. The game has many unique game modes to play as well. This game is so much more than your average first-person shooter, and that's a good thing. It went so far to be unique, and succeeded spectacularly. As for the graphics, let's just say, if you thought the gameplay of this game was unique, just wait till you see the graphics. Not only is the gameplay different from the average first-person shooter, but the graphics are different as well. Most shooters try for a realistic approach to graphics, making everything look as close to life as possible. This game however, does the exact opposite, it tries to make the game look as cartoony as possible. That's right, this game's graphics go for the cartoony approach rather than the realistic one like most shooters. Of course, the real question is, does this game succeed with this cartoony approach? I can happily say that the answer is yes. The game not only looks beautiful, but it also fits the already zany feel of the game. As for the presentation, it is one of the best I've ever seen in a multiplayer shooter. Everything in this game handles well, and everything is easy to use and access. Overall, I'd say if you don't have this game, you need to get it now! This is a game that everyone in the world needs to play. It has spectacular gameplay, beautiful graphics, and a wonderful presentation to top it all off.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Presentation: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  24. Feb 2, 2014
    One of the most overrated games of this generation in my opinion. Since this game is free, i can't say it's a waste of money, but why waste time on a mediocre shooter, when you can get way better ones for just a few euros?
    None of the maps in this game are very memorable; they mostly just look the same. being able to choose out of 9 classes makes it seem like you have a lot of choice, but
    most of them (i'm talking to you, scout and medic) are useless compared to OP classes like heavy and pyro.
    The biggest flaw of the game, however, is how repetitive most game modes are. Let me tell you about one of the most played game modes; one team has to push a cart along a rail towards a certain point, while the other team has to prevent them from doing so. If you're on the cart-pushing team, this is basically what you do:
    1. Run to the cart.
    2. Push it forwards for maybe 50cm.
    3. Get blown up by sticky bombs and launchers.
    4. Wait for the 15-second respawn delay to end.
    5. Repeat.
    And for the defending team, all you do is throw explosives to the cart, hoping to get a kill. Almost every FPS game (even good ones) are repetitive in a way, but TF2 makes it way too obvious.
    Further on, there's ofcourse a team deathmatch game mode, which is pretty mediocre as well, a capture the point game mode, which is almost just as repetitive as the one i just spoke about, and some more that i don't remember.
    There's no problem in downloading this game since it's free, but don't expect a lot from it.

Overview:

Presentation: 8
    Menu's look good, and the game luckily isn't full of glitches.

Graphics: 6.5
    although the game looks fun, maps are very repetitive.

Sound: 5.5
    No memorable soundtrack or voice acting, and guns don't sound great either.

Gameplay: 3
    This is what i hate the game the most for, since it's repetitive, the classes are unbalanced, and there isn't a single game mode that involves any strategy.

Lasting appeal: 4
    Not much depth in the game, no outstanding maps or game modes, so it wears off quickly.
  25. Mar 20, 2014
    Not a bad game. However, a lot of people play and praise this just because it is free. The gameplay is good and it isn't a bad game, it just doesn't stand up compared to other games that I have paid for.
  26. Feb 2, 2014
    Well, what should I say. The classes are funny and balanced. The weapons are perfectly balanced and will get changed if too over or underpowered. Some bugs, even if funny, can be bad.
  27. Mar 7, 2014
    Another entertaining game by Valve. It has unique cartoonish graphics, makes the game funnier. Game play is quite good, satisfies enough. In the game, there are nine well-designed classes. They have some advantages and disadvantages, you should choose them according to you playing style. By the way, don't forget the maps, they designed very well too. You can spent hours in the same map, seriously.

Anyway, 10 out of 10 to you TF2. You deserved it!
  28. Feb 10, 2014
    This is in my top 5 games I have ever played. It is amazing fun and if you are a fan of quick paced action games I guarantee you will be kept entertained. This game is fantastic to play with friends. The classes are enjoyable on their own and each has their own personality, It's also free to play so if you have the time, hard drive space and desire I think you have no excuse for not playing this game. Expand
  29. Feb 19, 2014
    It's quite a funny game in the beginning, but in the long-term it gets boring for me. It's really diversified, without a lot of classes, weapons, items, etc.
    I mostly recommend it to young teenagers ages 10-15 and to all people who like A LOT of mayhem.
  30. Feb 24, 2014
    This is the best PC fps in my opinion it has amazing maps some community made cool weapons and tons of classes the only bad thing is pyros they are OP.
  31. Feb 26, 2014
    Still the only FPS I regularly boot up and have some zany fast paced fun playing. Never gets old, still looks great. Play this game if you like FPS in the team Vs team style. And there are so many modes, you should not get bored. MEDIC!
  32. Mar 21, 2014
    A truly, wonderfully, amazing game that has absolutely no boundaries to its diversity and gameplay. A perfectly balanced array of nine varied classes to choose from, the cartoonish yet distinct and unique skins and textures, are just the few strong points Team Fortress 2 have that makes it a genuinely fun game for everybody to play.
  33. Mar 30, 2014
    Used to be really good, but the increasing amount of bugs, performance issues, crashes and flat out broken weapons combined with Valve's completely non-existing incentive to communicate with or properly listen to the playerbase, or even just their hesitance to implement the tons of different fixes that the community has made for them through the years, will make me give the game a score of 1 now.

Go buy the game if you want a little fun in the start, but you better be lucky with your setup to not have bad performance, and you will eventually grow tired of Valve's neglect and realize why I'm right.
  34. Apr 4, 2014
    people are hating on the f2p restrictions. to them all i can say is buy a 49 cents item from the store and shut
    the **** up. there is a reason why this game is 9,2.
  35. Apr 19, 2014
    This game has a bunch of amazing things for it, i got lost in this game and within less then a year i spent more then 1,287 hours. Very addicting and constant updates. Great community too!
  36. May 1, 2014
    Well, I can easily see why this game is well received. The characters are absolutely hysterical, the mechanics are well balanced, and the excellent presentation.

There are nine character classes, each with a colorful personality and a unique style of game-play.

I think the release timing was in part because Valve tried so hard to make this an almost perfect game. The mechanics are
    balanced with every detail in mind, and that rarely happens nowadays with most FPS games. I'm talking about Call of Duty as the main game series that does this.

The presentation is well fit to the frivolous nature of the game. The graphics are quite cartoon-ish, and the music amazingly arranged, and well suited to violent psychopath mercenaries (and killers for hire.)

There are few flaws with this game, one of the primary flaws is the lackluster storyline. It might as well have been written out of a terribly written novel without a point to it.

This game isn't quite a perfect 10, but one of the closest to it I have ever played. If the scale was a 100 scale, it would be a 96-97 for me.
  37. May 5, 2014
    This is a great game for your friends and just alone. You can play it for hours on end with all the different servers! It is a free to play game that you need to have steam for. The only thing wrong with it is that You now have to buy something from the store to start earning items and also players who buy things from the store have an unfair advantage. The store does give the game a fun aspect though if you cant find that one gun you really want. Well I hope you can enjoy this game as much as I have. Expand
  38. May 18, 2014
    This game is a classic that every player must have. It is free, and yet it is a very good game A game to play with friends, Team Fortress 2 will ensure hundreds of hours of fun. A bit like Garry's Mod, there are many mods available on the game, such as Saxton Hale, my favorite. In short, free install emergency game!
  39. May 22, 2014
    TF2 is a is a fun game(if you'r into CoD you should'n jump on this if you'r expecting to be the same as CoD)
    it have team based gameplay and players need to work together to get pass a certain obstacle
    Weapons:the weapons have specific uses on them so it a good idea to choose a right weapon for a certain obstacle and certain time to use it
    Classes:each classes have specific things on
    them and have their own traits which some people can laugh to
    Graphic:it kinda depends what kind of computer your using (i have no experience with the lunix version)
    so i can't really say
    Gameplay:it not like others FPS games it have a unique style that others may not have like in CoD players would go off on their on and handle the situation on their on but in TF2 you need help like in sentries camping place you need a medic with uber or demo man with sticky bomb in order to destroy it.
    In almost every map there always an alternative exit people can take to avoid the other team players,avoid the camping or destroy it,or just to get something like a briefcase.
  40. May 24, 2014
    Team Fortress 2. Where do I begin? First off I have to say That this is the most complete and enjoyable Fps game I have ever played. Now that's off my chest; time for the review and my personal experience of the game. i first came across this jem of a game back in late 09 just after i got a ps3. the game was included in a bundle called the orange box (which everybody should play) with Half life 2 and portal. this was the last of these that i had experience because it was last on the agenda and the least i had heard about. when i got on i found it to be very different to the COD of duty games that every 12 year old kid was into at the time. I was the biggest scrub-lord in the world, Mainly because i didn't understand the concept of "teamwork" or "working together" i just wend in all guns blazing with the heavy and get instantaneously killed by the sniper on the other team. however i leant from my mistakes and enjoyed the game for a solid 3 months, learning the mechanics and how that every class had their speciality. Unfortunately the game's servers became dead and the game followed after. The this left a massive hole in my heart where tf2 used to be, i tried to fill it with games such as borderland and brink... but to no avail. Fast forward about to Christmas 2012 when me and my friend decided that console gaming and there i saw it. Team Fortress 2. the game was free to play so we all decided to get it as our first game. we must have played for hours on end collecting fun and interesting weapons and buying hats with our parents money (none of this was in the PS3 version) and playing AS A TEAM this game has taught me valuable life lesson, that working as a team is much more efficient and effective than going solo...

oh, you want my opinion of the game? it's pretty good. and that's all that has to be said about it.
  41. May 25, 2014
    Wow first of when I heard of this game and how good it is. I was already done with fps games because I broke up with the cod games anyway so I heard it was made by same people who made portal which I really loved so I saw It was free to play didn't take long for me to realize how much life I was wasting not playing this REMARKABLE game. I am so in love with this game that i sometimes turn anything I can find and pretend it's something from team fortress 2 but not crazily. So I came here to give this gem a big ten. Oh and one last thing SANVICH !!!! Expand
  42. May 31, 2014
    Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said? It's Team Fortress 2 for god's sake! With it's score of 9.2, I doubt I'll bring anything new to the table, but I'll try to say what I can. First off, I saw a review saying the game is "imbalanced" and that the Spy is "OP". The thing is that the Spy is a high priority target, and his low HP makes him not able to take much punishment if any. Plus, you have to be smart to use the Spy, which is a necessity for any game except E.T. My favorite class is the Engineer. I don't know why, it just fits me best. Another review said if you don't have hats, you're considered "uncool". Thing is that if you make a single purchase, which can cost as little as a dime with the giftapult, by the way, you can find hats via random drop. I personally like the hat system because it provides more customization and makes certain people recognizable. I don't mind tossing my 10s and 20s at Valve because they convenience me as a consumer, as said by joshscorcher. The artstyle is also pleasing to my eyes. While I don't hate CoD or any other FPS games, especially having never played any others, TF2 is certainly a contrast in artstyle to other games. I personally love MvM and Attack/Defense the most. If you're willing to pay a bit of money, you can get Tour of Duty tickets. What do they do? Well, if you use them in Mann Up mode and complete all of the mission in a Tour, you'll get a Botkiller, or if you're playing 2 Cities, killstreak kits and possibly Australium weapons. If you're reading this review on a computer you own, you basically have no excuse to not try it out, unless your parents won't let you because you're too young, in which case why are you reading my review anyway? Expand
  43. Jun 5, 2014
    Team Fortress 2 is a gleaming example on the perfect game that stayed around being popular for so long, that It grew mold which then mutated into the hideous entities we now see as the Mann-Conomy store and digital hats & crates.

Still though, It's aged pretty well and that's worth something in my book.
  44. Jun 5, 2014
    This is one of those games that never gets old, you can always come back to it and have a great time. There are endless achievements, so you'll never really "finish" the game. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because some of the people who play it are real **** It's rare that I play a game and don't see slander all over the chat, or hear irritating 12-year-olds on their microphone trying to tell everyone what to do. Another thing I don't like is that some of the maps are real prone to people posting up pictures of graphic porn. It's uncomfortable for me because I'm a girl, and it really makes me feel like I'm not supposed to be there playing with all of these guys. It's not going to stop me from playing though, because It's way too fun. Expand
  45. Jun 11, 2014
    Team Fortress can be fun for up to 2 years, but in the end it can get really repetitive. It's one of the best free to play titles to date, and I highly recommend that you give it a shot. I still have a couple of flaws with this game. First of all, STOP MAKING THOSE DUMB COSMETIC ITEMS AND MAKE US HALF-LIFE 3. I always get frustrated when my friends don't talk about how good they are, or how they totally pwned that one guy yesterday, but instead they talk about trading, and buying that one 50$ unusual. I wish Valve would update the GAME more, not the useless cosmetics. Expand
  46. Jun 13, 2014
    Probably one of the best PC games out there. If you don't have it, get it, now. No class is useless, great representation of team work and player responsibility. Very balanced, most servers are packed, great hat simulator.
  47. Jun 18, 2014
    This game is not in anyway good, for one there is this kid called Wolfgang (his steam account), he is literally a twelve. This game used to be about having fun, but has now developed into a source of money for Valve.
  48. Jun 24, 2014
    Awesome game, crap community. As it is a mutliplayer game, you will always be confronted to people, and people in TF2 are very ... lets stop this sentence here.

I played TF2 at the beginning, and it was fun, we owe TF a bunch of other cool games. Then I stopped because I had to pee, and I came back a few years later. I could barely kill anyone for the next 2 hours, with teammates
    shouting all over the place, all the fun was gone.

Try to avoid the servers where some people seem to sleep on 24h/24, because you'll not enjoy yourself

Conclusion : Could have been better in terms of server research and length of loading screens. I would have love to be able to quit a crappy server to join a better one without spending 10 minutes on the operation
  49. Jul 2, 2014
    this game teaches you about cooperation, you are nothing without your team, every class has a purpose and field of play, the first time i played this i always used the spy, but as you play you figure out your type of play, youll figure out what class youre best with, after using spy, i became great with the scout, and is now my favorite class, this game is a great way to make friends on steam and a great way to fight with your friends in the "mann vs. machine" game mode, deffinitley a great community with generous people ready to lend you a hand in sending you new weapons as a gift for no cost. A spot on 10/10! Expand
  50. Jul 5, 2014
    What kind of FPS have you heard about that has hats? ...This game. 10/10

Ignore fill-in characters:
    -------------------------------------------------
  51. Jul 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tf2 is the best fps f2p game out there. It's addicting, funny, and original. The weapons are usually very under powered, but I flourished when I found a combo that worked for me. The spy is under-powered and needs to be buffed, the snipers cross-hair is way to small, and the scout is just bad, but the other classes are fun. I enjoy going pyro and airblasting like crazy. I love how the characters have distinct and unique personalities, even though I dislike the soldiers personality. I love getting hats and finding ones that work for me. The hats are one of the many things that make my come back to play more tf2. The one major downside is the fact that so many cosmetics are holiday restricted. Still, Tf2 is a fun, diverse, and highly enjoyable game. Expand
  52. Jul 7, 2014
    Such a wonderful game... This was. Hitbox issues, inability to access inventories, Idle serverse, Daily hacking due to the f2p change, Sniper class still in the game (focus on sitting in one spot and instantly killing people across the map, opposite of fun), Mann-conomy, Weekly updates to adress concerns for Linux (an OS that make up about 0.5-1% of the userbase) forcing all the servers to re-boot and update manually, Overpowered soldier class (too much versitility, HP, manouverment, damage), Crates, Constant wave of clearly unbalanced weapon not ready to be released to the public (Original tommy gun for the heavy, old equalizer, etc), Hats...

Oh Valve, where did you go so wrong. Your 200-300+ Better Business Bureau ignored complaints aside, this greedy community neglect will not do you good.
  53. Jul 9, 2014
    This game i have been playing for years I loved it and every thing is great in this game is something that I love in games its fun and keeps you playing for hours 10/10 just the best game ever, graphics are funny and great the gameplay is smooth. not much of story but its simple story line and just so much fun when you play it for the first time.

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.