9.2

1. Mar 11, 2013
    Best F2P game ever! Firstly, you don't have to buy items -with real money- this game needs a teamwork. :D *MEDIIIIIIIIC*
    Classes are fair. You can spend a lot time in it.
  2. Mar 2, 2013
    Team fortress 2 is a game that has many different classes. The classes have their own strengths and weaknesses. Players get their own weapons and hats by crafting them out of items they already have or by finding them. The drop rate for equipment is too low in my opinion. You may have to play for days to get that one weapon you want, and the weapons don't feel very different. For example,Team fortress 2 is a game that has many different classes. The classes have their own strengths and weaknesses. Players get their own weapons and hats by crafting them out of items they already have or by finding them. The drop rate for equipment is too low in my opinion. You may have to play for days to get that one weapon you want, and the weapons don't feel very different. For example, you have a rocket launcher. You get a new one. It has 5% more damage, but 5% less rocket travel time. Not a real example from the game, but almost all of the items swing like that. You'll find an item, but it isn't very different or game-changing. Also, the classes feel like they only work in certain situations, but seem broken in use for anything else. For example, the scout class moves very fast, but has a tiny amount of health, and a weak shotgun. The scout will only "work" in close quarters, and if a pyro with a flamethrower blasts you with a bit of fire, you're screwed. I like the characters talking when they do something, like killing someone. It's funny. Overall, the game is fun while it lasts. Expand
  3. Mar 31, 2013
    If you are morally void and enjoy mind numbingly repetitive and explosive barbarous carnage-- this is the game for you. With a sickening multitude of weaponry to vie for, and a large array of garments for the dapper gents, you absorb yourself in to the unforgiving world of Team Fortress 2 and find few triumphs that match dancing on the corpse of your late nemesis.
  4. Apr 30, 2013
    You should buy this game. Now. For free.

Why are you still here? GET TO STEAM AND DOWNLOAD IT. NOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

You're probably wondering: Why?

Because hats and friends and explosions.
  5. Jul 20, 2013
    Only a few words to describe:

Awesome
    Fantastic
    Funny

There are many Servers you can play on.This game has a big source of Game Modes.
    A good Community.
  6. Mar 25, 2013
    By far my favorite game of all time. Every new drop/unlock makes the game that much more enjoyable. All 9 classes are so amazingly balanced that you never feel like your at a disadvantage. The creative game modes like Payload and Attack and Defend on equally creative maps keep the game fresh. It is clearly the king of the FPS, with literally nothing I can think of wrong with it.
  7. Sep 1, 2013
    One of the best shooters I've ever played and its F2P and not like most F2P games ad supported or pay 2 win you can get all the weapons,hats and everything for free through deals promotions and crafting and the basic weapons still work just fine and the visual style is funny and entertaining
  8. Mar 24, 2013
    This game sets the bar for what a multiplayer shooter should be done like. In this game there are 9 classes that fit different peoples play style if you get bored of one class switch to a different one. the tutorial is ok but it does not tell everything you need to know about the game and the practice mode with A.I enemy's is stupid because the bot A.I is just bad but if you get past theThis game sets the bar for what a multiplayer shooter should be done like. In this game there are 9 classes that fit different peoples play style if you get bored of one class switch to a different one. the tutorial is ok but it does not tell everything you need to know about the game and the practice mode with A.I enemy's is stupid because the bot A.I is just bad but if you get past the learning curve then this game is shooter heaven you must work as a team to win and the modes are alot different then your standard TDM and FFA and the graphics are cartoony which makes this game never look outdated and the characters all have personality and color and there is a separate co-op mode that makes the A.I robot versions of the characters non stupid it has its flaws but the flaws only last for the start and if you get past it you will not stop playing, Expand
  9. Apr 20, 2013
    This game is extremely unique, and can be very fun if you play for many hours to build skill, or are just naturally good at the game. Otherwise, you might not enjoy it so much. At this point in it's existence, it's filled with players that have played 1,000+ hours (most I've seen was around 6,000 hours), meaning you're likely to get your ass kicked over and over again. Which means the gameThis game is extremely unique, and can be very fun if you play for many hours to build skill, or are just naturally good at the game. Otherwise, you might not enjoy it so much. At this point in it's existence, it's filled with players that have played 1,000+ hours (most I've seen was around 6,000 hours), meaning you're likely to get your ass kicked over and over again. Which means the game requires a lot of skill, and that's a good thing. The reason I give it a 7 is because I feel they've messed up the gameplay quite a bit with a few of the items they've added, or else I would have given it an 8. And no, I'm not talking about the hats. The hats are fine, they usually don't affect gameplay (unless they're part of an item set), so I don't see any reason to complain about them. But there have been a few weapons and other class items that I feel have botched the gameplay a bit. For example, the Dead Ringer watch. While it doesn't necessarily make playing Spy super easy, it makes the Spy feel incredibly overpowered when you find someone who has practiced using it. If you're on fire, you can feign death and extinguish yourself. If you're running from an enemy who would most definitely be able to kill you with any other invisi-watch, you can feign death and quickly escape. It's recharge time makes it so you could go from killing someone to feigning your death over and over and over again, so the enemy team will never really know that they have yet to actually kill you after seeing you die numerous times. Or, in the case of the Pyro, the Axtinguisher does have damage to players that are not on fire, but does 100% CRITICALS if they are (yes, you read that right). And since the Pyro is a class where you have to get close to melee range to set them on fire anyways, this is often combined with the Degreaser, which allows you to switch weapons faster. Meaning you can set a nearby player on fire quickly, and then instantly kill them with the Axtinguisher. Those are just a couple examples, there are more. And just having a weapon that's effective doesn't ruin the experience right? Well, that is true. But in this case, it makes it so you're never going to want to use a lot of the stock weapons because the added items are better in every single way. Meaning this game lacks balance. In fact, it's set up in such a way that if a certain class is up against another certain class, one of those certain classes will win almost every time. For example, a Scout versus a Heavy. Do not expect to ever beat a Heavy if you're a Scout, unless the Heavy is pretty low on health. But with the two having full health in a one on one battle, you'd have to be an extremely exceptional Scout, and the Heavy would have to be pretty bad for the Scout to win. I'm not taking off a point for that, because a lot of people like that kind of thing and I'm trying to keep the review objective. So, in conclusion, if you don't mind unbalanced weapons, classes that can kill other classes almost every time in certain situations, and don't mind being restricted to to extreme ups and downs of each class, I would definitely recommend this to any first person shooter fan. Expand
  10. Apr 26, 2013
    This game has made me laugh, scream, and mad all at the same time.It has a nice mix of violence and humor. A must have for the FPS fan seeking a laugh.
  11. Jan 23, 2014
    This game is a lot of fun all the different kind of classes and weapons makes for a really fun game the only reason I can't give it a ten is because the lack of maps.
  12. Apr 13, 2014
    I'm not sure what it is about Team Fortress 2 that makes it so great. At first glance, it's very generic to comparison of most online shooters, but there is something that makes Team Fortress 2 unique stand out, perhaps it's the effort developers obviously put into it, perhaps it's the funny side remarks, whatever it is, Team Fortress 2 is a one-of-a-kind game.
  13. Oct 19, 2013
    I got this game as free-to-play. It kept me busy for some years. Nowadays I hate it. Premium players with Unusual hats and Strange weapons made me cry in anger. I was unable to buy anything. However this doesn't mean I'm saying it's bad. No. This game is superb and slick. I love graphics, sound and sense of humour. For those who like to play shooting games this is just necessary. I know II got this game as free-to-play. It kept me busy for some years. Nowadays I hate it. Premium players with Unusual hats and Strange weapons made me cry in anger. I was unable to buy anything. However this doesn't mean I'm saying it's bad. No. This game is superb and slick. I love graphics, sound and sense of humour. For those who like to play shooting games this is just necessary. I know I may sound like hypocrite, but I just can't (and don't want to) pay real money for cosmetic features but without them I feel powerless around premiums stuffed with hats. I will no longer play tf2, cause I know there will be nothing like "hat drops for free-to-play gamers" until end of the world. Still, to praise this game "as it is" and not annoy fans I will give it 10. It deserves it, despite my opinion. Expand
  14. Dec 19, 2014
    Obviously one of the best first person shooters ever. There are 9 classes, and all of them are super fun and easy to use. after you've been playing for a little while, you will get REALLY into it.
  15. Sep 27, 2014
    I have been playing this beauty for 6 years.It is still the best.(most fun online FPS)The action is endless always something is going explode or bleed.Animations and voices are great.Characters are memorable.The game is unique.If you are thinking to play tf2 stop thinking play it....
  16. Nov 9, 2013
    This game is pure awesomeness and a must play. On my opinion this is the far best FPS I ever EVER played. Oh and how about Hat Fortress? Trading with hats all the day!
  17. Sep 29, 2013
    For a game released in 2007, TF2 is still great in many aspects. The cartoon-like graphical style still makes it look good even for now, and the constant updating of the game allows for the re-playable factor to remain for the 6 years since it's release. The whole surreal '70's action film' aspect of the classes is funny yet somewhat satirical, with the invisibility of the Spy, the doubleFor a game released in 2007, TF2 is still great in many aspects. The cartoon-like graphical style still makes it look good even for now, and the constant updating of the game allows for the re-playable factor to remain for the 6 years since it's release. The whole surreal '70's action film' aspect of the classes is funny yet somewhat satirical, with the invisibility of the Spy, the double jump of the Scout, and the ability to explode yourself in different directions with the Soldier and Demoman. Yes the micro-transactions may have caused the game to lose its way a little, but you could say the same about Dota 2. Either way, not playing TF2 now it is F2P is cardinal sin in my eyes, so go and play it if you've never had the chance. Expand
  18. May 27, 2014
    Team Fortress 2 is a game made my Activision, a company also known for their work on the Legend of Zelda series and the Fifa series of Basketball games, and a darn good one at that, it's been a long time since I've played a game of such a high caliber, but yet again I am European, which sucks for a TF2 fan like me, as DLC is often very late and the game itself was released on NintendoTeam Fortress 2 is a game made my Activision, a company also known for their work on the Legend of Zelda series and the Fifa series of Basketball games, and a darn good one at that, it's been a long time since I've played a game of such a high caliber, but yet again I am European, which sucks for a TF2 fan like me, as DLC is often very late and the game itself was released on Nintendo Eshop in just 2013.

I decided to forgive them as they had valid reasons as too why it arrived late for the PAL region, but a 3DS version of the game did come free with the Wii U version, as well as a Ghastly Gibbon bus.
    The 3DS isn't much to rave about, which brings us onto the soundtrack of the game, which was developed by Darude and Lionel Ritchie, and included tracks such as "Don't stop till you get enough, unless you can't be bothered" and my fave "Can you feel the sunshine? No I live in 2Fort"

This game is what I call a DLC game, a game entirely based on DLC, such as various armors, cosmetics and earbuds, and if your pre-order a game, then you get a hat based on Bill from Deadrising 4, which I liked, and my favourite DLC map is the Warioware server, but I prefer the tall good looking one (You know what they say about tall men)

Fan of the film spy kids? Well good for you lads there is a secret agent man class, created by charlie and chocolate factory author Dr. Seuss, and he is french and likes to play with knives, just what kind of parents did he have? But only adulterous and corrupt people use him.

I played the Wii U version, so I can't say anything about the 3DS version, but the Wii U version was indeed a game.
    I give it a six.
  19. Oct 6, 2013
    I was offered TF2 by a friend back in 2009, and I totally fell in love with it; the graphics, the gameplay, the classes: everything was just perfect. We're now in 2013 and I'm still playing, this game is the most balanced and fun one I've ever played, definitely one of the best Online FPS around, everyone should try it. A personal favourite.
  20. Oct 8, 2013
    The easiest game to give a perfect 10 to. ever. Constant updates will constantly pull you back into this fantastic game that just keeps on giving. My favourite game by a mile.
  21. Oct 9, 2013
    It's a fun game, with dozens of maps to choose from and a variety of game modes. I more or less hate the fact that they add a gajillion hats in every update, and sometimes Valve even neglects bugs that have been wandering around annoying people for a long time. Despite these, the appeal is still in there, and I just can't stop playing I've played for 800 hours at this point! I don'tIt's a fun game, with dozens of maps to choose from and a variety of game modes. I more or less hate the fact that they add a gajillion hats in every update, and sometimes Valve even neglects bugs that have been wandering around annoying people for a long time. Despite these, the appeal is still in there, and I just can't stop playing I've played for 800 hours at this point! I don't understand why people hate the F2P aspect, and also why people like whining about more weapons. Despite this, I consider this a genuine novelty of Valve history and that it will live for more years to come, and is fun to play if you ignore the occasional mic spammer or 8-year old kid. Expand
  22. Oct 12, 2013
    Pretty fun game, and certainly addictive. The Characters have great personalities and a great sense of strategic game play. The community creates and shares a lot of new stuff, but it can be annoying when you find a F2P who will try to play like other games. Even if he knows the basics, he will still not care about the main point of the game: teamwork. (Which is essential to win). It´sPretty fun game, and certainly addictive. The Characters have great personalities and a great sense of strategic game play. The community creates and shares a lot of new stuff, but it can be annoying when you find a F2P who will try to play like other games. Even if he knows the basics, he will still not care about the main point of the game: teamwork. (Which is essential to win). It´s free and you can play it without having to buy anything. Give it a try and see if you like it. Expand
  23. Oct 14, 2013
    his game is one of the most unique games I have ever played.

his game is one of the most unique games I have ever played.

With constant updates this game becomes a different game then from most of the first-person shooters you see today. Instead of spray and pray we see this game requires more skill and aim, you rely on you're team to win, you can't just disapear, kill a few things and win like we see in COD instead the only way to win is with sold team work.

The mann-co economy update introduces hats which lets you customize you're character, the ability to trade in this game makes it really fun and gives it even more of a replay value.

This game is now FREE and I don't see any reason to why not download it and give it a try for yourself.

If you have a solid, good PC then this game is a MUST get.
  24. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is incredible. Combining laid back design with fiercely competitive game modes this little gem is the perfect FPS.
    It features a selection of classes, each with an immense arsenal of weaponry, creating a cluster of effective playstyles, limited only by the players imagination. With complex mechanics such as the Sandman-Cleaver combo you can constantly be evolving your pack of skills whilst the game also includes newbie friendly classes with more easy to grasp objectives.
    The massive range of play styles will constantly keep the player entertained from amateur pub level to platinum standard competitive play.
    The icing on the cake comes when anyone can pick it up for free. This really is a game you have absolutely no excuse to ignore.
  25. Nov 7, 2013
    The game full of humor and action has define the meaning of Team Fortress, where not an ordinary realistic FPS of Submachine Guns and Rifles shooting each other, it means that there are 9 special people with 9 special skills other than a person using the gun massacring, but it was also about a teamwork between the classes. Such as Medic, and other Support Classes that would reinforce theThe game full of humor and action has define the meaning of Team Fortress, where not an ordinary realistic FPS of Submachine Guns and Rifles shooting each other, it means that there are 9 special people with 9 special skills other than a person using the gun massacring, but it was also about a teamwork between the classes. Such as Medic, and other Support Classes that would reinforce the offense and the defense class, the game is very entertaining with a large vary of hats and weapons, where you will spend your time countlessly on getting the hats to customize your character unlike a normal standard character. Expand
  26. Nov 6, 2013
    Probably, not going 10 because of the regular problem on the most of TF2's public servers: Unbalanced teams. There actually could be a system that would not drop all of the skilled players on the same team, but share them between both teams, and would do the same thing with F2Ps.
  27. Nov 8, 2013
    Entertained me for 1700+ hours with excellent gameplay that never makes you bored or tired. Loads of weapons, maps, community mods including Slender, Saxton Hale mod (You'll see how much fun it is) and prop hunt. Oh, I forgot to mention one last thing HATS. You'll be obsessed with them! You will want to be good-looking on the battlefield while you kill some hatless peasants!
  28. Nov 9, 2013
    Really love the game, and it's free! so even if you hate it you don't lose money, but how can you hate this game, it's a very fun game, plenty to do and it doesn't lack servers, the characters are very cool and the class system can end up making it into a pretty competitive game, with items to be collected there's always a goal to playing and all you have to do is play the game to get theReally love the game, and it's free! so even if you hate it you don't lose money, but how can you hate this game, it's a very fun game, plenty to do and it doesn't lack servers, the characters are very cool and the class system can end up making it into a pretty competitive game, with items to be collected there's always a goal to playing and all you have to do is play the game to get the items, or you can buy the ones you want in the store but that can get a bit expensive and hats cannot be found and have to be bough.

What also makes this game so great is the community, with people making cool items that can approved by valve and implemented into the game if they are good enought. Great game and completely free, a must play.
  29. Nov 23, 2013
    Truly a SPECTACULAR game to play. I am even able to play this game on one single server that replays the the same map 24/7 (Ozzy Furocity on the map 2Fort) and yet, I'm STILL having an unbelievable amount of fun!!
  30. Nov 23, 2013
    I have spent many, many hours just fiddling around in this game. This masterpiece just keep making itself better and better and more enjoyable. I see all the work they put into this project. However, I do how people do not like this game because of the cartoony and funny feel. This game was made to be a very serious FPS with GET TO POINT GAMMA GO! GO! GO! But then, this game just got lessI have spent many, many hours just fiddling around in this game. This masterpiece just keep making itself better and better and more enjoyable. I see all the work they put into this project. However, I do how people do not like this game because of the cartoony and funny feel. This game was made to be a very serious FPS with GET TO POINT GAMMA GO! GO! GO! But then, this game just got less like that. A hat simulator. Who would've guessed that? Lots of random things happen and makes the gamer laugh and enchance how rich the game is. This game is one of my absolute favorite games and one I would spend money on just for items. I hope you enjoyed this random "speech". How do you think about my first critic? Expand
  31. Nov 25, 2013
    One of the best free to play FPS games ever to be created. It requires you to participate with the team to complete the objectives instead of just brainlessly killing people over and over again like in Call of Duty. This is also one of the few good cartoon FPS games. It is casual so no one gets mad at you for fooling around. I love how each class has their own personality and abilitiesOne of the best free to play FPS games ever to be created. It requires you to participate with the team to complete the objectives instead of just brainlessly killing people over and over again like in Call of Duty. This is also one of the few good cartoon FPS games. It is casual so no one gets mad at you for fooling around. I love how each class has their own personality and abilities that lets the player contribute to the team. My only problem is that there are a lot of bugs due to the constant updates (which I love). I would give it a 9.5 if I could. Expand
  32. Nov 27, 2013
    This game ruined my life. It is the best multiplayer shooter i ever played! Simply amazing! You have nine different classes to play and the cartoon graphics make the game better, more funny!
  33. Nov 30, 2013
    This is just a great game which is meant to be fun. I don't think that it is for everyone, however, I can't stop playing this game. I just bought Battlefield 4, but I am still playing Team Fortress 2. I love the goofiness of the game and the pacing is fantastic. Check it out, its free, and then you can decide for yourself if you like this game.
  34. Dec 12, 2013
    Worst game ever spent all my money on virtual hats and fed Gabe Newl 7 billion chocolate bars with that money. P.S awesome game most fun you'll have had shooting each other
  35. Dec 29, 2013
    This game is almost a requirement for anyone new to the PC gaming community. Not only does this game provide a AAA title with excellent weapon choice, balance, and class roles, it's also an entirely free game. Additionally, this game's Free to play (F2P) model is a great example for any developer, as even though it provides perks like inventory space, drop rate, and trading when upgradingThis game is almost a requirement for anyone new to the PC gaming community. Not only does this game provide a AAA title with excellent weapon choice, balance, and class roles, it's also an entirely free game. Additionally, this game's Free to play (F2P) model is a great example for any developer, as even though it provides perks like inventory space, drop rate, and trading when upgrading to premium, no item or gametype is restricted from any Free to Play user.
    However, this game has a large "trading" system in-game, allowing players to trade items to each other. This may sound like an interesting mechanic, but many players have turned Team Fortress into a hub for trading, making servers for almost only such an act. If you are not interested in profiting from trading, avoid any server with a trade tag. As well, this game does not have a CD format and takes a large amount of data to download.
    Overall, 8/10 felt appropriate for recent server implications and the data overhaul needed, but find a good list of servers to favorite, and you shouldn't have to ever worry about them. Also, a Terabyte of Memory is the average data of a modern desktop, and 14 gigs shouldn't be a problem unless you have a poor connection to the Internet. Not just a recommendation or a suggestion, almost a requirement.
  36. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is an endless amount of fun. It is always going through updates, which make new weapons, hats, and other things, such as modes. The newest mode, Mann vs Machine (MVM) is really fun, you fight robots that look like the characters you can be! Get it. Its an endless amount of fun, which is free now!
  37. Jan 21, 2014
    TF2 is a free game.
    It is 100 times better than Call Of Duty or Battlefield (ok, maybe not battlefield4)
    Seeing as it is free, i will leave the reason to get it up to you to find out.
    SO GO GET THIS FRIGGIN GAME
  38. Mar 8, 2014
    Team Fortress 2. As soon as I saw the Meet the Team trailers for this game, I knew I had to have it. These trailers were so well done, that I think that just one of them would be a perfect short that plays before a movie. As for the actual game, I finally got my chance to play it at Christmas time in the year 2011 when I got it with the Orange Box, which also came with Half-Life 2 andTeam Fortress 2. As soon as I saw the Meet the Team trailers for this game, I knew I had to have it. These trailers were so well done, that I think that just one of them would be a perfect short that plays before a movie. As for the actual game, I finally got my chance to play it at Christmas time in the year 2011 when I got it with the Orange Box, which also came with Half-Life 2 and Portal. So is this game as amazing as I had hoped it would be from the awesome trailers, or is the game just your average class-based multiplayer shooter with cartoony graphics? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is just about the most fun gameplay imaginable in a video game. The entire game is a class-based multiplayer first-person shooter. There are several different modes of play in this game. There is attack and defend, which is a mode where the blu team (no, I did not just spell "blue" wrong, that is really how the team is spelled in the game) attacks control points, and the red team defends them. The blu team needs to capture these points before time runs out, while the red team needs to defend them until time runs out. There is also king of the hill, where both teams must compete over a central control point, and hold it for a certain amount of time. Then there's capture the flag, which is capturing the enemy's briefcase of intelligence while defending your own. There are many more modes, but these are just to name a few. You begin each mode by choosing the class you want to play as out of all nine classes in the game. The classes are scout, soldier, pyro, demoman, heavy, engineer, medic, sniper, and spy. All of these classes are very fun to play as because they are all totally different in both gameplay and personality. The scout is the fastest class in the game, and is good for quick offensive raids. The soldier is the most balanced class in the game, with average speed, and a very powerful rocket launcher. Pyro can set things on fire with his flamethrower at close range, and that's all that really needs to be said. The Demoman has a grenade launcher, which he can use to lob grenades at enemies. The heavy is the most powerful class in the game, and can destroy everything with his minigun. The engineer can build turrets and dispensers to help defend locations. The medic can heal everyone on the go with his medigun. The sniper can take out enemies from a distance with his sniper rifle, and the spy can disguise himself as the enemy, and back-stab them with his knife. As for what I mean by different personalities, I mean that the classes themselves are essentially their own characters in the game. They all come from different countries, have different back stories, and even have their own sense of humor and quotes. Because the classes of this game are all so different, this makes the game utterly unique compared to other multiplayer shooters. The game has many unique game modes to play as well. This game is so much more than your average first-person shooter, and that's a good thing. It went so far to be unique, and succeeded spectacularly. As for the graphics, let's just say, if you thought the gameplay of this game was unique, just wait till you see the graphics. Not only is the gameplay different from the average first-person shooter, but the graphics are different as well. Most shooters try for a realistic approach to graphics, making everything look as close to life as possible. This game however, does the exact opposite, it tries to make the game look as cartoony as possible. That's right, this game's graphics go for the cartoony approach rather than the realistic one like most shooters. Of course, the real question is, does this game succeed with this cartoony approach? I can happily say that the answer is yes. The game not only looks beautiful, but it also fits the already zany feel of the game. As for the presentation, it is one of the best I've ever seen in a multiplayer shooter. Everything in this game handles well, and everything is easy to use and access. Overall, I'd say if you don't have this game, you need to get it now! This is a game that everyone in the world needs to play. It has spectacular gameplay, beautiful graphics, and a wonderful presentation to top it all off.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Presentation: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  39. Feb 2, 2014
    One of the most overrated games of this generation in my opinion. Since this game is free, i can't say it's a waste of money, but why waste time on a mediocre shooter, when you can get way better ones for just a few euros?
    None of the maps in this game are very memorable; they mostly just look the same. being able to choose out of 9 classes makes it seem like you have a lot of choice, but most of them (i'm talking to you, scout and medic) are useless compared to OP classes like heavy and pyro.
    The biggest flaw of the game, however, is how repetitive most game modes are. Let me tell you about one of the most played game modes; one team has to push a cart along a rail towards a certain point, while the other team has to prevent them from doing so. If you're on the cart-pushing team, this is basically what you do:
    1. Run to the cart.
    2. Push it forwards for maybe 50cm.
    3. Get blown up by sticky bombs and launchers.
    4. Wait for the 15-second respawn delay to end.
    5. Repeat.
    And for the defending team, all you do is throw explosives to the cart, hoping to get a kill. Almost every FPS game (even good ones) are repetitive in a way, but TF2 makes it way too obvious.
    Further on, there's ofcourse a team deathmatch game mode, which is pretty mediocre as well, a capture the point game mode, which is almost just as repetitive as the one i just spoke about, and some more that i don't remember.
    There's no problem in downloading this game since it's free, but don't expect a lot from it.

Overview:

Presentation: 8
    Menu's look good, and the game luckily isn't full of glitches.

Graphics: 6.5
    although the game looks fun, maps are very repetitive.

Sound: 5.5
    No memorable soundtrack or voice acting, and guns don't sound great either.

Gameplay: 3
    This is what i hate the game the most for, since it's repetitive, the classes are unbalanced, and there isn't a single game mode that involves any strategy.

Lasting appeal: 4
    Not much depth in the game, no outstanding maps or game modes, so it wears off quickly.
  40. Mar 20, 2014
    Not a bad game. However, a lot of people play and praise this just because it is free. The gameplay is good and it isn't a bad game, it just doesn't stand up compared to other games that I have paid for.
  41. Feb 2, 2014
    Well, what should I say. The classes are funny and balanced. The weapons are perfectly balanced and will get changed if too over or underpowered. Some bugs, even if funny, can be bad.
  42. Feb 10, 2014
    This is in my top 5 games I have ever played. It is amazing fun and if you are a fan of quick paced action games I guarantee you will be kept entertained. This game is fantastic to play with friends. The classes are enjoyable on their own and each has their own personality, It's also free to play so if you have the time, hard drive space and desire I think you have no excuse for notThis is in my top 5 games I have ever played. It is amazing fun and if you are a fan of quick paced action games I guarantee you will be kept entertained. This game is fantastic to play with friends. The classes are enjoyable on their own and each has their own personality, It's also free to play so if you have the time, hard drive space and desire I think you have no excuse for not playing this game. Expand
  43. Feb 19, 2014
    It's quite a funny game in the beginning, but in the long-term it gets boring for me. It's really diversified, without a lot of classes, weapons, items, etc.
    I mostly recommend it to young teenagers ages 10-15 and to all people who like A LOT of mayhem.
  44. Feb 24, 2014
    This is the best PC fps in my opinion it has amazing maps some community made cool weapons and tons of classes the only bad thing is pyros they are OP.
  45. Feb 26, 2014
    Still the only FPS I regularly boot up and have some zany fast paced fun playing. Never gets old, still looks great. Play this game if you like FPS in the team Vs team style. And there are so many modes, you should not get bored. MEDIC!
  46. Mar 21, 2014
    A truly, wonderfully, amazing game that has absolutely no boundaries to its diversity and gameplay. A perfectly balanced array of nine varied classes to choose from, the cartoonish yet distinct and unique skins and textures, are just the few strong points Team Fortress 2 have that makes it a genuinely fun game for everybody to play.
  47. Aug 23, 2014
    Cool game that despite showing it's age is still fun to play and has very original and unique characters and several character classes and game modes.
  48. Apr 4, 2014
    people are hating on the f2p restrictions. to them all i can say is buy a 49 cents item from the store and shut
    the **** up. there is a reason why this game is 9,2.
  49. Apr 19, 2014
    This game has a bunch of amazing things for it, i got lost in this game and within less then a year i spent more then 1,287 hours. Very addicting and constant updates. Great community too!
  50. May 5, 2014
    This is a great game for your friends and just alone. You can play it for hours on end with all the different servers! It is a free to play game that you need to have steam for. The only thing wrong with it is that You now have to buy something from the store to start earning items and also players who buy things from the store have an unfair advantage. The store does give the game a funThis is a great game for your friends and just alone. You can play it for hours on end with all the different servers! It is a free to play game that you need to have steam for. The only thing wrong with it is that You now have to buy something from the store to start earning items and also players who buy things from the store have an unfair advantage. The store does give the game a fun aspect though if you cant find that one gun you really want. Well I hope you can enjoy this game as much as I have. Expand
  51. May 18, 2014
    This game is a classic that every player must have. It is free, and yet it is a very good game A game to play with friends, Team Fortress 2 will ensure hundreds of hours of fun. A bit like Garry's Mod, there are many mods available on the game, such as Saxton Hale, my favorite. In short, free install emergency game!
  52. May 22, 2014
    TF2 is a is a fun game(if you'r into CoD you should'n jump on this if you'r expecting to be the same as CoD)
    it have team based gameplay and players need to work together to get pass a certain obstacle
    Weapons:the weapons have specific uses on them so it a good idea to choose a right weapon for a certain obstacle and certain time to use it Classes:each classes have specific things on
    Classes:each classes have specific things on them and have their own traits which some people can laugh to
    Graphic:it kinda depends what kind of computer your using (i have no experience with the lunix version)
    so i can't really say
    Gameplay:it not like others FPS games it have a unique style that others may not have like in CoD players would go off on their on and handle the situation on their on but in TF2 you need help like in sentries camping place you need a medic with uber or demo man with sticky bomb in order to destroy it.
    In almost every map there always an alternative exit people can take to avoid the other team players,avoid the camping or destroy it,or just to get something like a briefcase.
  53. Aug 20, 2014
    Ladies and gentlemen, here is a really strong contender (and provably the winner) of the best free-to play of all time awards!!!!!! Now the reason I liked and promoted the game so much, is because that it came to me at a time where I thought "Is there even a single free-to play game on the market that you can play for more than an hour and not get bored?" Here is the answer folks, TF2,Ladies and gentlemen, here is a really strong contender (and provably the winner) of the best free-to play of all time awards!!!!!! Now the reason I liked and promoted the game so much, is because that it came to me at a time where I thought "Is there even a single free-to play game on the market that you can play for more than an hour and not get bored?" Here is the answer folks, TF2, waiting you for free!!

To be serious though, the fast and fluid gameplay involves 9 different classes, each with their own set of weapons, stats and personalities. By playing more you get access to new weapons, items and most importantly hats!!!! (Just kidding though, in reality I don't give a **** about hats but that's my opinion)

Even though the controls are a bit difficult to adapt to if you are playing with a gamepad, you get used to it in just a few matches.

However I will say that the matches are a bit longer than i can comprehend. I just quit after the second round cause that is enough for me.

In overall the game is a 9/10 for me, a nigh perfect game.
  54. May 24, 2014
    Team Fortress 2. Where do I begin? First off I have to say That this is the most complete and enjoyable Fps game I have ever played. Now that's off my chest; time for the review and my personal experience of the game. i first came across this jem of a game back in late 09 just after i got a ps3. the game was included in a bundle called the orange box (which everybody should play) with HalfTeam Fortress 2. Where do I begin? First off I have to say That this is the most complete and enjoyable Fps game I have ever played. Now that's off my chest; time for the review and my personal experience of the game. i first came across this jem of a game back in late 09 just after i got a ps3. the game was included in a bundle called the orange box (which everybody should play) with Half life 2 and portal. this was the last of these that i had experience because it was last on the agenda and the least i had heard about. when i got on i found it to be very different to the COD of duty games that every 12 year old kid was into at the time. I was the biggest scrub-lord in the world, Mainly because i didn't understand the concept of "teamwork" or "working together" i just wend in all guns blazing with the heavy and get instantaneously killed by the sniper on the other team. however i leant from my mistakes and enjoyed the game for a solid 3 months, learning the mechanics and how that every class had their speciality. Unfortunately the game's servers became dead and the game followed after. The this left a massive hole in my heart where tf2 used to be, i tried to fill it with games such as borderland and brink... but to no avail. Fast forward about to Christmas 2012 when me and my friend decided that console gaming and there i saw it. Team Fortress 2. the game was free to play so we all decided to get it as our first game. we must have played for hours on end collecting fun and interesting weapons and buying hats with our parents money (none of this was in the PS3 version) and playing AS A TEAM this game has taught me valuable life lesson, that working as a team is much more efficient and effective than going solo...

oh, you want my opinion of the game? it's pretty good. and that's all that has to be said about it.
  55. May 25, 2014
    Wow first of when I heard of this game and how good it is. I was already done with fps games because I broke up with the cod games anyway so I heard it was made by same people who made portal which I really loved so I saw It was free to play didn't take long for me to realize how much life I was wasting not playing this REMARKABLE game. I am so in love with this game that i sometimes turnWow first of when I heard of this game and how good it is. I was already done with fps games because I broke up with the cod games anyway so I heard it was made by same people who made portal which I really loved so I saw It was free to play didn't take long for me to realize how much life I was wasting not playing this REMARKABLE game. I am so in love with this game that i sometimes turn anything I can find and pretend it's something from team fortress 2 but not crazily. So I came here to give this gem a big ten. Oh and one last thing SANVICH !!!! Expand
  56. May 31, 2014
    Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said? It's Team Fortress 2 for god's sake! With it's score of 9.2, I doubt I'll bring anything new to the table, but I'll try to say what I can. First off, I saw a review saying the game is "imbalanced" and that the Spy is "OP". The thing is that the Spy is a high priority target, and his low HP makes him not able to take much punishment ifWell, what can I say that hasn't already been said? It's Team Fortress 2 for god's sake! With it's score of 9.2, I doubt I'll bring anything new to the table, but I'll try to say what I can. First off, I saw a review saying the game is "imbalanced" and that the Spy is "OP". The thing is that the Spy is a high priority target, and his low HP makes him not able to take much punishment if any. Plus, you have to be smart to use the Spy, which is a necessity for any game except E.T. My favorite class is the Engineer. I don't know why, it just fits me best. Another review said if you don't have hats, you're considered "uncool". Thing is that if you make a single purchase, which can cost as little as a dime with the giftapult, by the way, you can find hats via random drop. I personally like the hat system because it provides more customization and makes certain people recognizable. I don't mind tossing my 10s and 20s at Valve because they convenience me as a consumer, as said by joshscorcher. The artstyle is also pleasing to my eyes. While I don't hate CoD or any other FPS games, especially having never played any others, TF2 is certainly a contrast in artstyle to other games. I personally love MvM and Attack/Defense the most. If you're willing to pay a bit of money, you can get Tour of Duty tickets. What do they do? Well, if you use them in Mann Up mode and complete all of the mission in a Tour, you'll get a Botkiller, or if you're playing 2 Cities, killstreak kits and possibly Australium weapons. If you're reading this review on a computer you own, you basically have no excuse to not try it out, unless your parents won't let you because you're too young, in which case why are you reading my review anyway? Expand
  57. Feb 15, 2015
    To be honest, I love this game. it's fast paced, and it has a nice design style to the time period it's referring to in game (which is around the 1970s). The only thing wrong with it, however, is the people in the game. There are sooooooooo many n00bs. Other than that, it's my favorite game of all time.
  58. Jun 11, 2014
    Team Fortress can be fun for up to 2 years, but in the end it can get really repetitive. It's one of the best free to play titles to date, and I highly recommend that you give it a shot. I still have a couple of flaws with this game. First of all, STOP MAKING THOSE DUMB COSMETIC ITEMS AND MAKE US HALF-LIFE 3. I always get frustrated when my friends don't talk about how good they are, orTeam Fortress can be fun for up to 2 years, but in the end it can get really repetitive. It's one of the best free to play titles to date, and I highly recommend that you give it a shot. I still have a couple of flaws with this game. First of all, STOP MAKING THOSE DUMB COSMETIC ITEMS AND MAKE US HALF-LIFE 3. I always get frustrated when my friends don't talk about how good they are, or how they totally pwned that one guy yesterday, but instead they talk about trading, and buying that one 50$ unusual. I wish Valve would update the GAME more, not the useless cosmetics. Expand
  59. Jun 13, 2014
    Probably one of the best PC games out there. If you don't have it, get it, now. No class is useless, great representation of team work and player responsibility. Very balanced, most servers are packed, great hat simulator.
  60. Mar 15, 2015
    Team Fortress 2 or TF2 a game developed by my most favorite company Valve Corporation, is a sequel to the highly popular Team Fortress. The game is massively fun to play especially with your friends and even alone, this game is surely one of the best comedic multiplayer games of all time! Play as the Heavy, Spy, Medic, Scout, Denoman, Soldier, Engineer, Sniper and the mysterious one of theTeam Fortress 2 or TF2 a game developed by my most favorite company Valve Corporation, is a sequel to the highly popular Team Fortress. The game is massively fun to play especially with your friends and even alone, this game is surely one of the best comedic multiplayer games of all time! Play as the Heavy, Spy, Medic, Scout, Denoman, Soldier, Engineer, Sniper and the mysterious one of the bunch the Pyro as you blast your way through fun multiplayer maps. And although I do not agree to In-App Purchases and DLC, this game does offer In-App Purchases, the prices are fair! Expand
  61. Jun 24, 2014
    Awesome game, crap community. As it is a mutliplayer game, you will always be confronted to people, and people in TF2 are very ... lets stop this sentence here.

I played TF2 at the beginning, and it was fun, we owe TF a bunch of other cool games. Then I stopped because I had to pee, and I came back a few years later. I could barely kill anyone for the next 2 hours, with teammates shouting all over the place, all the fun was gone.

Try to avoid the servers where some people seem to sleep on 24h/24, because you'll not enjoy yourself

Conclusion : Could have been better in terms of server research and length of loading screens. I would have love to be able to quit a crappy server to join a better one without spending 10 minutes on the operation
  62. Jul 9, 2014
    This game i have been playing for years I loved it and every thing is great in this game is something that I love in games its fun and keeps you playing for hours 10/10 just the best game ever, graphics are funny and great the gameplay is smooth. not much of story but its simple story line and just so much fun when you play it for the first time.
  63. Jul 15, 2014
    I've seen a lot of people ask: "Why is Team Fortress 2 so successful? It's just another first person shooter, with cartoony graphics." Well, given that FPS games clearly dominate this generation of gaming is one thing. But another thing people like is unique games, games that are so much different from others... and that's just what this game is. It isn't your average "shoot the bad guysI've seen a lot of people ask: "Why is Team Fortress 2 so successful? It's just another first person shooter, with cartoony graphics." Well, given that FPS games clearly dominate this generation of gaming is one thing. But another thing people like is unique games, games that are so much different from others... and that's just what this game is. It isn't your average "shoot the bad guys to win" kind of game, as it has multiple different objectives, like Payload, and Territorial Control. The combat mechanics are nearly flawless, and you never know what is going to happen next time you play, giving the game a large replayability, allowing for thousands of hours of play. Not only that, but there are constant updates to the game, that introduce brand new maps, weapons, and gamemodes. The only downsides I can find with the game is hackers, badmins, the occasional butthurt community that votekicks you if you're too good, and those little squeakers (but it's hilarious to mess with them), making those the only flaws in an otherwise perfect game. Not only that, aside from the in-game purchases for cosmetics and weapons, it's otherwise totally free. Expand
  64. Oct 28, 2014
    Undoubtedly one of the best PC shooters out there (and definitely the best when it comes to multiplayer shooters). It's a game that has visual design polished to a mirror shine, with nine unique classes, all with their own personality quotes, that are all easily accessible while providing a roll for everyone. It's also got a nice late-20th century retro-cartoony art style that allows forUndoubtedly one of the best PC shooters out there (and definitely the best when it comes to multiplayer shooters). It's a game that has visual design polished to a mirror shine, with nine unique classes, all with their own personality quotes, that are all easily accessible while providing a roll for everyone. It's also got a nice late-20th century retro-cartoony art style that allows for various creative enviroments and weapons. However, the fanbase is atrocious, with special mention going to the "Mann vs Machine" game-mode. Expand
  65. Jul 22, 2014
    Simply the best multiplayer game ever made. The combat is a lot of fun the game modes are great and the art style is simply one of the best. Download it now.
  66. Jul 24, 2014
    Dans les catégories free-to-play, FPS et multijoueur, team fortress 2 est très bien placé pour affirmer sa supériorité ! Un choix de 9 classes, Un grand nombre d'armes ayant chacune des avantages et des inconvénients, les maps et les personnages bénéficiant d'un design cartoon délirant.... Il y a de quoi passer des heures là-dessus ! Le système de railleries est bien pensé, et les armes seDans les catégories free-to-play, FPS et multijoueur, team fortress 2 est très bien placé pour affirmer sa supériorité ! Un choix de 9 classes, Un grand nombre d'armes ayant chacune des avantages et des inconvénients, les maps et les personnages bénéficiant d'un design cartoon délirant.... Il y a de quoi passer des heures là-dessus ! Le système de railleries est bien pensé, et les armes se gagnent gratuitement. Le seul inconvénient, c'est qu'il propose un système de pay-to-win afin de permettre aux joueurs impatients d'acheter des armes ou les inviter à affirmer leur supériorité en achetant des caisses contenant des armes "étranges", des vêtements et des railleries.
    Mais vu la durée de vie infinie de ce jeu et le plaisir qu'il procure, on peut fermer les yeux sur cette faiblesse.
  67. Aug 9, 2014
    I've played this game for years, I first played in on my PS3 when it was released to that console, then I wen't onto my brothers PC and we bought it and played it, I loved to play Team Fortress 2 because I like how it isn't a serious FPS, it is made in a cartoon style and updates such as the Conga Update are great fun, anybody who insults TF2 for the hats is just an idiot, game like TF2I've played this game for years, I first played in on my PS3 when it was released to that console, then I wen't onto my brothers PC and we bought it and played it, I loved to play Team Fortress 2 because I like how it isn't a serious FPS, it is made in a cartoon style and updates such as the Conga Update are great fun, anybody who insults TF2 for the hats is just an idiot, game like TF2 can only survive because of in-game items such as hats and it doesn't harm the game play at all. Like thr4sher said, pretty much all FPS today are only in existence because of Team Fortress 2 and C:S becoming so popular. Great game, I'll be sad when Valve stop developing in a few years. Expand
  68. Sep 10, 2014
    For a free game is good. The weapons are good and the maps are also good. . The characters are equal and the modes great. The reason that TF2 stands out is cause it s so fun (especially hacked) that you can play it nonstop for hours.
  69. Aug 26, 2014
    It can not be put more simply: Team Fortress 2 is a masterpiece. It's balanced, pretty, exciting, distinct, and rife with personality. While some criticize the game for abandoning realism to a degree with graphics and gameplay, the game would be at a loss without it's distinct art style reminiscent of 1960's magazine advertisements and propaganda posters, even more so without rocketIt can not be put more simply: Team Fortress 2 is a masterpiece. It's balanced, pretty, exciting, distinct, and rife with personality. While some criticize the game for abandoning realism to a degree with graphics and gameplay, the game would be at a loss without it's distinct art style reminiscent of 1960's magazine advertisements and propaganda posters, even more so without rocket jumping or sentries. If we wanted realistic shooters, we'd play ARMA III, but we came here to have fun, which there is no shortage of.

Nine distinct classes throughout two distinct modes with dozens of variants on hundreds of maps with hundreds of weapons with millions of players. There will certainly be plenty for everyone here, and that's not even beginning to mention the ingame economy or goofy lore maintained by Valve themselves.
  70. Aug 10, 2014
    team fortress 2 is a FPS created by valve. TF2 is a astonishing game, purely based on some key elements created by a very talented team. the game is funny, quirky and violent. these make TF2 a very re playable game. it also includes such features as a market where you can trade different items such as weapons, and customization items for your character such as hats or gear, all with theirteam fortress 2 is a FPS created by valve. TF2 is a astonishing game, purely based on some key elements created by a very talented team. the game is funny, quirky and violent. these make TF2 a very re playable game. it also includes such features as a market where you can trade different items such as weapons, and customization items for your character such as hats or gear, all with their own clever names such as the sniper rile known as the "hitmans heat-maker" or the flame thrower known as "the back-burner".
    however the main thing that bring the joy to the TF2 experience is its 9 distinct classes: scout,solider,pyro,demo man,heavy, engineer, sniper,medic and spy.every class benefits in some way to winning a game. the scout is fast but doesn't have alot of heath. the heavy has a lot of heath and uses a mini gun,but is slow .All the classes come with their own weapon sets.further more the classes have their own personalities. the scout is like an athletic teen, where as the pyro is like a crazed maniac.
    overall TF2 is one of those games that i can keep coming back to if i want to have fun playing a FPS. its light hearted unlike some other FPS games on the market.
  71. Aug 11, 2014
    I love the conga! by far this game has SOOO much content and it makes the game amazing, i have 60 hours on the game and counting. this game has a bright future ahead of it.
  72. Aug 15, 2014
    I find in this game quite amusing, I was greatly amused mostly by this game's comical humor within the characteristics of our playable men, but at the same time not all that amused by the public of the people that await, not going into sexism cause the game does have female characters involved. Now, speaking into the community, the people there are not the "Brightest of the bulbs" most ofI find in this game quite amusing, I was greatly amused mostly by this game's comical humor within the characteristics of our playable men, but at the same time not all that amused by the public of the people that await, not going into sexism cause the game does have female characters involved. Now, speaking into the community, the people there are not the "Brightest of the bulbs" most of the time, they seem to claim that you are only "cool" if you wear a non-achievement obtained hat. Some of these people are not exactly sure of themselves however. Now heading into the stereotypical category; Team fortress 2 sure has a minor case of stereotypical behavior, such as the "One eyed black, Scottish demolition man" or the "Fat Russian heavy", these of which some may find offensive, it's like saying "all of Native American people are filthy apes", which is not true at all. Valve is a creative group of people, but I think Gabe took this a little far himself. Now, going into the topic of updates; This game is really creative off it's nice updates, an example of this is the recent massive update of the "Love and War" Update, adding over 15 new taunts and more cosmetics, some of re-skins of current weapons such as Mad Milk. It really is unique how they come up with these updates, I always can't wait to see what they have in store for us. Speaking of updates, now I must say the delay on such ideas is a bit painful I must admit, some do not have such patience to wait for so long just for an update. Now my final result is in to this game, it is a bit stereotypical, has quite a few rotten apples in the community, as well as some sprays that are pornographic, as well as crude and funny humorous ways set in this game, I give this game....

7/10.
  73. Aug 15, 2014
    All I can say is, this game is awesome. Its a hope for fps games today. Many games like Call of Duty, Halo and Battlefield needs a sequel to keep their fans hyped and paying. This game only needs the one game and because its free to play on steam makes it this much better. The cartoony atmosphere is original, the weapons are balanced with strengths and weaknesses, the classes are allAll I can say is, this game is awesome. Its a hope for fps games today. Many games like Call of Duty, Halo and Battlefield needs a sequel to keep their fans hyped and paying. This game only needs the one game and because its free to play on steam makes it this much better. The cartoony atmosphere is original, the weapons are balanced with strengths and weaknesses, the classes are all amazing with different personalities to complete it. Reviews says that its a shame that all the hats costs money. I got a solution for them, just don't buy any hats from the store. There is a chance that you'll get the hats on the game. Expand
  74. Aug 18, 2014
    One of the best (if not the best) games I have ever played. I rarely get bored of it and when I do, most of the time it's because I'm lagging too much to play. I would love if they made a PS3 version (not orange box) with all the content that the PC version has (weapons, cosmetic items, trades).
  75. Aug 20, 2014
    Team fortress 2 is an awesome game. The game is updated frequently, the gameplay is good, and the weapons in the game are fairly balanced. The game is free to play, and you can become pay to play rather easily by buying a 10 cent giftapult from the mann co store. The only downside is that most of the higher tier cosmetics and hats can only be obtained via crates and although they dropTeam fortress 2 is an awesome game. The game is updated frequently, the gameplay is good, and the weapons in the game are fairly balanced. The game is free to play, and you can become pay to play rather easily by buying a 10 cent giftapult from the mann co store. The only downside is that most of the higher tier cosmetics and hats can only be obtained via crates and although they drop frequently, you need a key to open them. Other than that most weapons can be obtained/are obtainable by just playing the game or trading. Expand
  76. Aug 29, 2014
    TF2 is a cool game, like anything you want from first person shooters in cool little "HUGE" game now the tf2 is mod for HL2 before it was mod for Quake 1
  77. Sep 3, 2014
    One of my favorite games. Compared to a lot of FPS games, this has to be one of the most unique ones in my opinion. Really great gameplay with class balance, maps, and customization. It's not really a serious game either, which makes the game very funny and entertaining, though there is also a competitive side for this game. Even if the community is going down, I guarantee that you willOne of my favorite games. Compared to a lot of FPS games, this has to be one of the most unique ones in my opinion. Really great gameplay with class balance, maps, and customization. It's not really a serious game either, which makes the game very funny and entertaining, though there is also a competitive side for this game. Even if the community is going down, I guarantee that you will have fun time while playing! Expand
  78. Sep 16, 2014
    I give TF2 a 8/10, TF2 is an amazing game with over 5 game modes (including MVM) the reason why I scored it a bit low is because the MICRO TRANSACTIONS aren't so 'Micro' some items COST OVER $50, for an in-game item, the game is great but for Valve to take advantage of the micro transactions to make HUGE amounts of money isn't ok with me... Evan I am guilty of spending over $100 on TF2 items.
  79. Sep 19, 2014
    Simply put, Team Fortress 2 was, and still is, one of the best multiplayer games of all time. Nearly perfect balance and an impressive level of commitment from Valve to their fans throughout the years have kept this shooter fresh while the competition has faded away, one by one. Oh, and did I mention that it's free-to-play?
  80. Oct 8, 2014
    Best FPS game i have played, after 200+ hours. It seemingly i want to play this till i die
    this game will chew your social life and spit it like it was nothing.
  81. Oct 9, 2014
    This game is my personal favorite game ever.Its not perfect, but IT'S FREE!!!!!
    Now,I never played the first game, so I won't compare it to that.The game(if you play for a while) is much more balanced.At least one class can kill an another easily,and a different class can kill that class easily.
    There is 9 different classes in the game: scout:fast ,objective captureing speed.least
    This game is my personal favorite game ever.Its not perfect, but IT'S FREE!!!!!
    There is 9 different classes in the game:

scout:fast ,objective captureing speed.least health.
    soldier:slow,has a rocket launcher that can let you rocket jump,lots of health.
    pyro: medium speed,has a flamethrower,fire proof,mediam health.
    demoman: slow,has granade and sticky granade launcher,has good health.
    heavy: slowest,has a minigun,has the most health.
    engineer:medium speed,can build sentry guns and teliporters,least health.
    medic:medium speed,has a medi gun that heals teammates, medium health.
    sniper,medium speed,has a sniper, least health.
    spy:medium speed, can disguise as other team,turns invisible,insta kill knife,least health.

all classes have different unlockable weapons and hats,but new players don't have any,so they will be stomped to death...so,yeah.it is tough for new players,but still fun.

The game is very cartoony,which is great.Call of Duty takes itself too seriously.this game is so funny.demos drunken insults, heavy eating his sandwich in an intence fire fight,and the snipers pee jar that he throws at people.
    the game also has tons of lore,but not in the game.there are many comics on www.teamfortress.com.
    there is also videos about the game.meat the (class) and expiration date are videos you can find on youtube.

team fortress 2 is a great game,but there is no reason to make tf3 (which will never happen,because 3)

anyway,the game is good,valve is amazing,half life 3 confirmed...have a nice day.
  82. Oct 19, 2014
    This game is great. It has dedicated servers, great gameplay mechanics, great maps & okay-ish community (not that the community takes away from the game). most F2P games are either pay-to-win or obscure, TF2 isn't either of them. The weapons you unlock are never "upgrades" from the original, they are just side upgrades from the original weapons. The only thing you can really buy withoutThis game is great. It has dedicated servers, great gameplay mechanics, great maps & okay-ish community (not that the community takes away from the game). most F2P games are either pay-to-win or obscure, TF2 isn't either of them. The weapons you unlock are never "upgrades" from the original, they are just side upgrades from the original weapons. The only thing you can really buy without unlocking is hats, and, while appreciated among most of the community, are not actually affecting gameplay.

The game works like this, there are nine classes: The Scout, The Soldier, The Pyro, The Demoman, The Heavy (The most iconic of them all), The Engineer, The Sniper, The Medic & The Spy. There are two teams, Red & Blu, each team supporting 12 players. The goal is to complete goals that are different in each game mode. Each of the classes have different traits that make them different to each other, therefore creating strategies.

The game hasn't gotten old for me yet, and I'm in about 255 hours on steam. As a F2P game that only needs 12 GB. and 3 hours download time (yours may very), it is definitely worth downloading and playing.
  83. TSW
    Oct 27, 2014
    if this review was based only on addiction then I'd give it an 11/10 because 173 hours that's how much time I've wasted. the pyro and the spy are great to play as. Finally just get this game!
  84. Oct 28, 2014
    gr8 m8 no d-b8 i r8 it an 8 i h8 2 b in an ir8 st8 but its my f8
    hey m8 i apreci8 that u r8 it gr8 u wanna d8 and mayb masturb8 i can ask n8 and we can meet at the g8 dont b l8
    gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it an 8/8 plz don't h8 gr8 b8 m8 cant even h8 so I r8 8 outta 8 Gr8 b8 m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8., I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should
    gr8 m8 no d-b8 i r8 it an 8 i h8 2 b in an ir8 st8 but its my f8
    gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it an 8/8 plz don't h8
    gr8 b8 m8 cant even h8 so I r8 8 outta 8
    Gr8 b8 m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8., I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8
  85. Oct 29, 2014
    Team Fortress 2 is not your ordinary recycled FPS. The game itself is a beautiful blend of wackiness and seriousness, with its ridiculous hats, weapons and art style merged with the core elements of a good first person shooter. With all the wacky elements aside the gameplay is very well thought out with it's classes and weapons balanced for a pleasent experience. Tf2 is a wonderful gameTeam Fortress 2 is not your ordinary recycled FPS. The game itself is a beautiful blend of wackiness and seriousness, with its ridiculous hats, weapons and art style merged with the core elements of a good first person shooter. With all the wacky elements aside the gameplay is very well thought out with it's classes and weapons balanced for a pleasent experience. Tf2 is a wonderful game that has lasted since 2007 and is still going strong with around 60,000-90,000 people playing everyday. Expand
  86. Nov 2, 2014
    this game is epic lots of customisnation great characters the best character is the demoman or the scout or the engineer the gameplay is blanced unlike cod 4 were everything is broken tf2 is hands down the best game on pc and first person shooter even better than halo reach
  87. Nov 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played this game for a long time. This is definitely my favorite game. You can play as 9 different classes which means you have 9 different styles of playing. This game has great (and hilarious) weapons, cartoony fun graphics, and tons of hats. This game has its own currency and can build up with hats with different values and types. The weapons also have types. There is a very good reason that this is almost always at the #1 Rated F2P Steam game on most lists. I think it is so good that it should be P2P, actually. But because it is free, definitely try it out and you will get hooked. No doubt this is a great game. You can compare the number of postive CRITIC reviews with negative or even users' reviews positive to negative votes. Expand
  88. Nov 5, 2014
    As of right now, I have 1,207 hours in game, 6 pages of items, and no regrets.

As of right now, I have 1,207 hours in game, 6 pages of items, and no regrets.

Team Fortress 2, if you didn't know, is a multiplayer game that pits two teams, red and blu, against each other in a bloody power struggle for land. Team Fortress 2 really doesn't explain most of it's plot in game, but rather in an ongoing series of comics and videos that never cease to impress me. Gameplay wise, Tf2 is the base class based shooter on the market, period.

There is a **** of personality to this game, from the voice lines, to the hats, and even to the way the charactermodels are shaped, each class has a distinct personality and look. Whenever I get a domination, I find myself laughing my ass off at the hilarious domination lines.

As for it going FTP, I really don't see an issue to it. I started playing at around september last year, and reall never stopped, after 12k+ hours I have no problem shelling money into this game after every new update, bringing awesome new cosmetics, and sometimes new weapons into them game. This is hands down the most time I've ever spent in-game.

The multitude of maps, playstyles, weapons, and events keep me coming back daily. The gameplay has a stunning amount of balance, but be warned the game is very RNG heavy. However, I don't find random crits or weapon spread a hindrance, for me at least, it enhances gameplay and keeps me on my toes.

Overall, if you have a PC that can run this (most can), and you like fps's, there really isn't any reason to not have this downloaded, give this one a shot.

Now if you'll excuse me, there is a Haunted Halloween gift with my name on it. Happy Slaughtering
  89. Dec 10, 2014
    There is a good part of the fan community which is mostly mature and you have the people who try to compare this to CoD. This is made by Valve, not by franchise milkers!
    Gameplay is pretty good, every character is recognizeable and you'll really enjoy yourself playing this because its free...
  90. Nov 17, 2014
    An excellent game, one of my favorite online games of all time. It's entirely free, except for hats and weapons, BUT! You can get all those weapons by just PLAYING THE GAME! That's what I did, and even now that I have all the weapons, I can still have fun playing. Also, there's updates every few months that fix balance issues, and add a lot of items (mainly hats). Plus, you can make itemsAn excellent game, one of my favorite online games of all time. It's entirely free, except for hats and weapons, BUT! You can get all those weapons by just PLAYING THE GAME! That's what I did, and even now that I have all the weapons, I can still have fun playing. Also, there's updates every few months that fix balance issues, and add a lot of items (mainly hats). Plus, you can make items in the Steam Workshop that can possibly be ADDED TO THE GAME! Incredible, right? Lastly, trading in this game is an immense economy full of rises and drops. Once you get into this trading community, you can make serious profit, and eventually, you can MAKE. MONEY. That's right, you can BUY other Steam games by PLAYING A FREE ONE! Is that not AMAZING? If you aren't downloading this game right this second, I pity what you're missing out on.

Over 2000 hours and still going strong.
  91. Feb 1, 2015
    If you don't enjoy this gem there's something awfully wrong with you. This co-op multiplayer game is one of the best multiplayer experiences you can have at this time. Now they went ahead to triple their potential consumers from the in-game store and made it completely free. That's right, the only argument someone could use against this game would be hating fun, especially that kind ofIf you don't enjoy this gem there's something awfully wrong with you. This co-op multiplayer game is one of the best multiplayer experiences you can have at this time. Now they went ahead to triple their potential consumers from the in-game store and made it completely free. That's right, the only argument someone could use against this game would be hating fun, especially that kind of fast-paced fun that's also free of charge, You have to be a cretin.

9 classes to choose from, each has its own set of abilities, each excels at determined situations, working together to reach an objective. Most co-op games aren't too good because humans can not cooperate with other human beings—myself included—but this works. It's not 100% but there are interesting communities out there that enjoy playing a good balanced game. While others are server equivalents of wet, putrid-smelling feces. Choose well.
  92. Dec 6, 2014
    Graphics are creative and funny, Controls are ultra-smooth and the game-play is FUN. FUN being the important word here. The game may look simple at first glance, but is a very complex shooter. Pretty much still a perfect game after all these years.
  93. Dec 6, 2014
    This game is so close to perfection. The classes are balanced so if you die, you are probably just bad at the game. The only thing I don't like are the overpowered weapons like the sticky jumper. And it's free on steam so why not?
  94. Jan 11, 2015
    One of the best game ever. If you could only see my steam profile you will see I have 850 hours of play time with this game. That coming from a person having a library of 200 games plus. Sometimes I think its team fortress's fault why I can't play any of my other games. Its that good!
  95. Jan 15, 2015
    A very nice game for the people who likes FPS, Its cartoonish (not to realistic) and the best part is its F2P, Its not P2W (Pay 2 Win) It has multiplayer and practice mode. The characters are balanced and also weapons
    It has a big community.
  96. Mar 30, 2015
    This game is the best free game i have ever played.This game's online matches are great.And the visual graphics of this game is promising.This game can provide hour's of fun.
  97. Feb 9, 2015
    I'm a new player to this game and i have to say that i'm really sad that i decided to play it so many years after it's release . It's a blast to play and the fact that there are all these classes to choose from makes the game even cooler . Just imagine all those combinations of classes that you can make to annihilate your opponents . And in case you get bored of it there are also a bunchI'm a new player to this game and i have to say that i'm really sad that i decided to play it so many years after it's release . It's a blast to play and the fact that there are all these classes to choose from makes the game even cooler . Just imagine all those combinations of classes that you can make to annihilate your opponents . And in case you get bored of it there are also a bunch of maps for you to play on . Now i have noticed some microtransactions but nothing that gives players an unfair advantage . I would definitely recommend this game Expand
  98. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is just another complete rip-off of angry birds. The game itself is exactly the same except the graphics quality is much lower and the gameplay is significantly less user friendly.
  99. Apr 13, 2015
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGG best game I've ever played in steam and amazing all and **** the characters weapons, generally fantastic maps and good to play with my friends and other people
  100. Feb 23, 2015
    Really, Good Its really Amazing how they balance there weapons and unbalance the map still really fun and meeting silly people in this game is clearly amazing also they make genuine stuff from other games really good i bet the next genuine weapon would be a good one!

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.