9.1

1. JoeT.
    Mar 8, 2009
    This game is perfect. A little humor, a few explosions. I can only think of one other thing it could use but thats not appropriate for all ages. Addictive would be an understatement.
  2. AnonymousMC
    May 2, 2009
    Great game, the style of the game play is well balanced, because of the otherwise annoying fan base, that supposedly always has something to complain about, forcing valve to change it.
    The reason why some people might hate this game, is that they have a slow computer, or simply judge the class pack as unbalanced, even if it does shift the amount of that class to the entire team or something similar for a week or two. Eventually, it returns to normal. Another way one could hate it is because they don't join up in a clan and use teamwork, so TF2 really needs a person willing to coordinate their team mates using a microphone. Not doing this leads to the comments that the weapons are too weak or too powerful: Ex. A heavy, charging ahead of his them (somehow.) Will be picked off by a sniper, unless the team spies murder him with their ITTY BITTY KNIVES, then a demoman or ubercharged(Where the medic heals a ton and gets to turn a class invulnerable for 8 seconds) class may have to charge ahead to remove sentries, while a pyro burns all allies in sight, trying to prevent spies from sapping their team's sentries. A solider may need to use his rockets to also remove sentries or clear out enemies while a sniper removes the medic healing the other teams heavy, allowing his team to rush in and give him a quick death.
    Finally, they clear out the control point, where the speedy scout can rush in and capture it before the other team respawns.
    And that's how team work is used in team fortress 2.
    The teamwork in TF2 differs from something like Call of duty, where a skilled player can run on in a blind frenzy, killing anything in his path, or a lone sniper can remove a whole team. Otherwise, Team fortress 2 is a face paced game where solo playing is hard, and skill has little use, creating a fun game where you could have long wars on granary, coordinated rushes and overall fun. The only thing about the game is that you may have to find a clan to do much teamwork. I'd give TF2 a 9.7,(For always needing teamwork, unless it's a pub and no teamwork is present) but score rounds up to 10
  3. AnonymousMC
    May 22, 2009
    first of all, if your reading this, ignore all comments below 6, because 1.There is NO lag unless your computer is a steaming pile of crap

and 2. The updates dont unbalance it, for some people, some of the updates will jsut haev WORSE weapons, its all about your style of play, because not only is there 9 classes, but there is about 2307941098374129347 different ways to play each class.

with fast paced game play, and respawn waves, you will have to use team work, but you wont even realise you are!

overall, great game and an awesome community to go with it.

did i mention it was AWESOME?!?!?!
  4. FaizanK
    May 3, 2009
    Must be the best first person online multiplayer I've ever played! Class Characters have rich backgrounds; graphics style is wicked (I thought it was too cartoony before I had it but that changed fast); games are well balanced through the classes; and constant updates such as weapons packs, maps and gameplay changes keep it fresh (and they're free!). This game is pretty much Must be the best first person online multiplayer I've ever played! Class Characters have rich backgrounds; graphics style is wicked (I thought it was too cartoony before I had it but that changed fast); games are well balanced through the classes; and constant updates such as weapons packs, maps and gameplay changes keep it fresh (and they're free!). This game is pretty much perfect. Maybe not a perfect 10 (it can be a pain to be new to the game without any friends as finding a decent map and game is hard without some prior knowledge) but its way more than a 9 (so Ive basically rounded up here). I've had it for a year now and I'm still not bored of it. Expand
  5. AnonymousMC
    Jun 10, 2009
    Great game, I have been playing for a two months now and I am still learning new tactics. Fantastic range of maps (06-2009) that provide plenty of variety. I think that the fact you can change class during the game if you need to employ new tactics makes this a truly awesome game.
  6. AnonymousMC
    Jun 18, 2009
    I would have said 9.6, but the rating system wouldn't allow me.

Anyway, TF2, where to begin... First of all, I've liked this game roughly a month before I actually played it. I'm not a VALVe fanboy or anything, but that's saying a lot. I don't even know why. Maybe it's because it's style and art direction is much different from normal First person
    I would have said 9.6, but the rating system wouldn't allow me.

Maybe it's because it's style and art direction is much different from normal First person shooters, like Call of Duty, Killzone, and countless others, and it's different in a good way. The characters are based almost solely on stereotype (in the non-insulting way). Scout is this fast kid from Boston and is a huge fan of baseball. Heavy comes from the heart of the Soviet Union, and is a huge man mammoth with a big gun. Anything about Pyro that doesn't seem completely obvious at first glance has not been revealed. Each class has it's own personality, weapons (despite a ton of them sharing a shot gun as a secondary weapon), and their own use. Scout achieves objectives faster (x2 speed when capturing a control point), Engineer can build sentries to block off pathways/deny the other team from archiving the objective, Spy can cloak, disguise, destroy those, and kill priority targets. Sniper can do the same, but only when they are in an open area is a Sniper effective. Soldiers and Demomen can be launched by their own explosives, thus being able to clear the area from above. All classes have their own use, and they can be used pretty well in the way they were meant to be used.

Maps are great. Most maps are symmetrical, so if you know one side you know the other. They all have perfectly tuned length/width (I.E.: Spy can make it from the beginning of a hall way to a little place where most people don't look and uncloak), so that every class can play successfully.

A lot classes go together. Heavy/Medic combos are ridiculously powerful, but can be overcome with a little teamwork, or some spy comes to give his friends a hand, or his enemies a knife. In the back. Pyro, unlike most classes, can go with most classes and end up helping someone if played right. A Pyro tagging along side of a Heavy/Medic pair can make them last longer, though it may be a bit harder for the Medic. With the new update, Pyros can now compression blast fire off of teammates, and Pyros can be a real threat to Heavy/Medic pairs. A sniper can overlook the front lines and pick off enemies quickly. Classes mix, and teamwork is formed. No matter how good you are, you will always get killed by that Heavy/Medic combo. Teamwork IS victory in this game, not like in other FPS'.

The music that plays in the main menu is awesome. Too bad no ambiances play in-game. Then again, music doesn't effect how you play the game.

The servers, like most Steam servers, are either good or bad. And when it's bad it's REALLY BAD, but it hardly happens. The compatibility with custom maps is always good, since most maps that are used are almost as good as VALVe's official maps.

Scores:
    Not-very-final-score-effecting scores:
    Graphics: 9. It's unique art style really makes it much better than most FPS of today, which seem to rip off of each other.
    Sound: 9.5. I really, REALLY, love the sound. The music is awesome, the sounds are awesome, the voice clips are awesome (needa dispensah here), and the mic quality seems to be better. Seems to be. I never really listen to people with mics on other games.
    Story: That's it's major flaw. It has none. I'm not saying it's not a game with no story mode, but so far that's the biggest problem I can really think of. Hopefully it'll come with a new update or something.
    Important stuff:
    Gameplay: 9.7 The class based multi-player is REALLY fun, challenging, and there's tons of unlockables and counting, refreshing your play experience.
    Online quality: 9.5 Very good. Not the best, but very good. It pretty much depends on how good your connection is. If you can load a moderately sized page in 10 seconds or less, good, if not, bad.

Overall, 9.6. Due to rating system on this thing, though, I rounded it up.
  7. GregJ
    Jun 19, 2009
    Best ever fps online multiplayer game. A must buy. Also there r awesome videos about each class you can be and each one comes from a different country. Also the classes are balanced and they work together as a team.
  8. TimB
    Aug 8, 2009
    Completely intoxicating. If I had dollar for everytime I've cursed at this game I could quit my job. Which is cool, cause I wish I could stay home and play this masterpiece all day. I've been playing this game for a year now and, although I have taken a few breaks, this game still has lasting appeal. The addition of the new weapons adds an entirely new dynamic and gives it even Completely intoxicating. If I had dollar for everytime I've cursed at this game I could quit my job. Which is cool, cause I wish I could stay home and play this masterpiece all day. I've been playing this game for a year now and, although I have taken a few breaks, this game still has lasting appeal. The addition of the new weapons adds an entirely new dynamic and gives it even more replayability. The games are so different, you could play the same map for hours and still keep on your toes. I'm in love. Sorry wifey, I'll be workin late... these sentries aren't gonna build themselves! Expand
  9. MikaelO
    Jan 11, 2010
    Before this I barely played any shooters, but TF2 really is a great game and has given me an awesome gaming experience along with opening my mind for other shooters. Thanks Valve!
  10. Soraryuu
    Jan 1, 2010
    I've spent a good 300+ hours playing this game. Almost every one of them were enjoyable. I'm too lazy to point out why, so I'll just give it a 10 and reason it with "I love it, best 15$ I've ever spent".
  11. OskarJ
    Jan 10, 2010
    For me The best online shooter. Cartoon style characters all with own personalities. 10/10!
  12. Noneofyourbuisness
    Jan 8, 2010
    amazing game not to hard to learn, the classes are VERY well ballenced if you know what your doing but at first it may seem like pyros are rigged. Takes some playing time to get good but so do all games. There are many custom mods and maps adding alot of cool things, so unlike Alan T said now there are bigger maps some with interesting theams and things. There are items randomly given amazing game not to hard to learn, the classes are VERY well ballenced if you know what your doing but at first it may seem like pyros are rigged. Takes some playing time to get good but so do all games. There are many custom mods and maps adding alot of cool things, so unlike Alan T said now there are bigger maps some with interesting theams and things. There are items randomly given during playing time and from achivements earned they fixed the duplicate item problem through crafting so you can get rid of the extras/dont wants to make things you can use. All the people iv played with are friendly and fun and there are NO aimboters/hackers. All in all a great game with a simple graphics style but that work very well for the game and a very responsive company (valve/steam). Buy it (it regularly goes on sale through steam) and you wont be diapointed with its enjoyability, replayabliity and system requirements. Expand
  13. JakeB
    Jan 8, 2010
    An incredible game, I daresay it may even be the greatest multiplayer game of all time. It's cool, wacky, cartoony and above all...fun.
  14. RichLeonetti
    Nov 10, 2007
    Fantastic game. The classes are balanced and maps interesting, and the action keep you coming back for more.
  15. JakobL.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Really a fun game.. Takes you away from the seriousness of other online games.
  16. RichardH.
    Oct 13, 2007
    Awesome fun, great graphics, well balanced classes and Valves experience of pumping out excellent shooters makes this game pure brilliance!
  17. SeanM.
    Oct 13, 2007
    Absolutly brilliant game, awesome mix between the different classes.
  18. MikeB.
    Oct 14, 2007
    Very good! Old School fun with a new twist. I really don't have anything bad to say about TF2, and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to get away from serious pseudo-realistic shooters such as BF2/Quake Wars. A breath of fresh air.
  19. AnonymousMC
    Oct 15, 2007
    KICK ASS!!! I loved TFC1 and TFC2 puts it to shame but still keeps that classic love of TFC1 all the maps look kick ass! HL SOURCE OWNS!!! and the Cartoon look of the chars is crazy and flows really well could ask for anything better! Can't wait for ten years from now if there will be a TFC3!
  20. ColeG.
    Oct 16, 2007
    A great game, hours of fun. Couldn't have asked for a better sequel to my all-time favorite classic online shooter game.
  21. AnonymousMC
    Oct 17, 2007
    if you dont like this game its because youre always getting dominated.... ive never played tf1, i bought the orange box and played the beta for tf2 and was hooked and im still hooked... best multiplayer game out there because you actually need to have a strategy and use team work...
  22. JW
    Oct 17, 2007
    Wow! Just what i was expecting from Valve and they delivered a Great, fun, Fast action,Team-work shooter good job!
  23. PhilippS.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Great Game. Includes the tactical aspect of BF2, the graphic of CSS and the fun of CS.
  24. MatthewW.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Amazing multiplayer frantic action. This game looks amazing, plays amazing, and it so well balanced. Anyone can choose a class of their liking depending on their playstyle and have a great time.
  25. imranimran
    Nov 9, 2007
    The Best game ive played its alot more funnier and crazier then the 1st team fortress classic.
  26. TimW.
    Oct 20, 2007
    Best Team Fortress out of the two! Every character is now balanced and the game play and visuals is amazing! Very fast paced and will be loved for many reasons.
  27. NullaP.
    Oct 22, 2007
    An excellent game yes, but so dummied down from TF1 that it's lost what made it stand out from the competition. Not so much "Team Fortress Classic" as "Team Fortress Castrated". Disappointing.
  28. JamesC.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I don't think they could have made a more loyal and fitting tribute to one of the best multiplayer FPSes of all time if they'd tried. Perfection.
  29. MarkS.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I played it once and it was OK. Went back again and had some fun. The more I played the most fun it became.... now I cannot stay away. To say it grow on you is a tremendous understatement.
  30. GaëlR.
    Oct 25, 2007
    Very very nice game ! Graphic quality is pretty good; Gameplay is amazing and I really enjoy to play a rôle playing FPS !! Not yet a TF2 player ? Just buy and try !
  31. MattM.
    Oct 26, 2007
    Superbly balanced gameplay. Great stylistic visuals. Frenetic, deeply strategic and so addicting!
  32. AnonymousMC
    Jan 1, 2008
    Amazing game design and balance. This is the most fun I've had in a shooter for years. Getting rid of grenades was a god-send. I would have given TF2 a 10 if they had a few more maps. In any case Buy it and Play it before TF3 comes out...
  33. AnonymousMC
    Jan 2, 2008
    one of the most enjoyable online shooters by far-
    The action is too fast paced for anyone to act like a moron and ruin it for everyone. Each character has his own strengh/weaknesses and take a small learning curve.
    one of the most enjoyable online shooters by far-
    but once you find your favorite 2 or 3 types of character to use- youll come back for team fortress two action when your looking for a quick semi strategic adrenaline rush. runs smooth and is very balanced- two thumbs up.
  34. IngmarsM.
    Oct 24, 2008
    Game is very well balanced and graphics look nice. even through game is not matching it Minimal system requirements and it laggs heavy in middle of battle its good. Thank you Valve! I have played only pirated version of this but I'm gonna buy it! its worth it.
  35. AnonymousMC
    Jan 30, 2008
    I like the game so much because it's great, the updates the game gets regularly are great, and the major update pack it's going to get will just be awesome. The "Meet the..." series are also fantastic.
    I wish good luck to Valve with their new game, and hope they'll keep up the good work. Thanks, bye!
  36. Craig
    Feb 16, 2008
    The best class based FPS to date. TF2 is going to set the benchmark for all future FPS games in terms of originality, style, replayability, fun. its a great game as it is also simple.
  37. SteveeC.
    Feb 18, 2008
    That's greatest thats I has seen in multiplayer gaming!
  38. Joel
    Feb 20, 2008
    I've not seen a better fast-action multiplayer fps in a long while!
  39. AnonymousMC
    Mar 23, 2008
    Although it's probably the best Arena FPS there is, I feel TF2 has something missing from it. After an hour or two of playing it begins to feel awfully hollow. Had it included more environment destructibility and quite a few more maps, TF2 would be a must have for any serious FPS player.
  40. AnonymousMC
    Mar 23, 2008
    Extremely newb-friendly. Gets linearly deeper with every hour played, as you gain your skill. The variety in gameplay (classes, tactics, map knowledge, human factor) always keeps things interesting. And OH!... the graphics are absolutely amazing!
    Perfect online-shooter, thank you VALVE!!! Words just aren't enough to describe how incredible this game is.
  41. AnonymousMC
    Mar 30, 2008
    The most fun I've ever had (and have) playing an FPS. Classes are balanced but still require skills to play. (My favorite is pyro by far, I love ambushing.) The graphics are cartoony, but the animation and detail are quite amazing. Maps are best played with a lot of people (at least 8 on both teams). Every class contributes to the team one way or another. Overall this game is very funThe most fun I've ever had (and have) playing an FPS. Classes are balanced but still require skills to play. (My favorite is pyro by far, I love ambushing.) The graphics are cartoony, but the animation and detail are quite amazing. Maps are best played with a lot of people (at least 8 on both teams). Every class contributes to the team one way or another. Overall this game is very fun to play and just an awesome experience, completely worth it to buy. Expand
  42. AnonymousMC
    Apr 1, 2008
    This game was the very first online game I had purchased. And it has tempted me to play other online games. The swift yet extreme action is flawless, the comedy is a lift up to this already-intruiging title, the graphics are overall the best ever of an online game, and the cartoon-style models take me back to other awesome fps titles like TimeSplitters 2. I only gave this game a 9 becauseThis game was the very first online game I had purchased. And it has tempted me to play other online games. The swift yet extreme action is flawless, the comedy is a lift up to this already-intruiging title, the graphics are overall the best ever of an online game, and the cartoon-style models take me back to other awesome fps titles like TimeSplitters 2. I only gave this game a 9 because i prefer to have more maps, unlike to the bigger maps as the staff of Valve said in the Develloper Commentar.Also, to D S, the 'white screen and dies' part is complete rubbish. Maybe, it's just your crappy system, and unless you're sure that this happens to most people, I don't think anyone would agree with your comment. Expand
  43. AnonymousMC
    Apr 22, 2008
    Game is quite balanced and nice. Still has a bit of work to do with lag as far as DirectX users go (I tried running this with underclocking for a bit, lol, at the minimum specs and it played horribly even with everything optimized for performance) but you can tell they tried hard on it. The kill-cam view I really dislike, since it reveals any clever sniper's or engineer's hidingGame is quite balanced and nice. Still has a bit of work to do with lag as far as DirectX users go (I tried running this with underclocking for a bit, lol, at the minimum specs and it played horribly even with everything optimized for performance) but you can tell they tried hard on it. The kill-cam view I really dislike, since it reveals any clever sniper's or engineer's hiding spot and ruins the logic part of the game. The only thing I actually HATE are crits. They just annoy the fucking bloody hell out of me. 7/10 Expand
  44. AnonymousMC
    Apr 8, 2008
    A unique FPS with lovable characters and fast paced gameplay. Relatively low learning curve so you can jump in with your friends and start fragging with the best of them, the next day. Don't get me wrong, I think the biggest thing wrong with the gaming industry nowadays is the developer's catering to casual gamers and holding their hands through things, essentially ruiningA unique FPS with lovable characters and fast paced gameplay. Relatively low learning curve so you can jump in with your friends and start fragging with the best of them, the next day. Don't get me wrong, I think the biggest thing wrong with the gaming industry nowadays is the developer's catering to casual gamers and holding their hands through things, essentially ruining franchises and stripping any depth a game could have had. What happened to the old days of just starting off in the middle of it all, without any prior knowledge on what to do or how to play? Anyway, the Orange Box is a must own for any PC gamer, especially since it comes packaged with a great franchise and this game - requiring no monthly fee, you can jump in any time you want for a round or a 3 hour stalemate, doesn't matter, you WILL have fun. I wouldn't recommend this on 360 or PS3, you will only be shooting yourself in the foot. Expand
  45. MartijnV.
    May 10, 2008
    One of the best games I've played so far.
  46. AnonymousMC
    May 1, 2008
    This is the most fun the average FPS guy can have. Seriously, this game kicks ass, and even if there are "easy" classes, you can still learn some advances techniques for them, like rocketjumps or mid-air-kills for the Soldier. And yes, it is balanced, and "if you think there should be grenades, you are the reason why we needed a new game." Additionally, Valve brings some new stuff in, likeThis is the most fun the average FPS guy can have. Seriously, this game kicks ass, and even if there are "easy" classes, you can still learn some advances techniques for them, like rocketjumps or mid-air-kills for the Soldier. And yes, it is balanced, and "if you think there should be grenades, you are the reason why we needed a new game." Additionally, Valve brings some new stuff in, like Goldrush (Payload game style) and achievements and unlock-weapons for all classes. Expand
  47. AntonK.
    May 14, 2008
    This is the best team shooter It was a time without Battlefield, Counter-Strike and other... but was TF Classic.
  48. MartijnV.
    May 14, 2008
    One of the best games I've played so far.
  49. AnonymousMC
    May 2, 2008
    I love Team Fortress 2, as soon as I purchased the Orange Box the day it came out and minutes after I beat HL2:Ep2 I was online with TF2. For those of you who have buggy experiences with Valve games, all I can say is you must have a pretty bad system on your hands. But onto the multiplayer action! TF2 is one of the best multiplayer team-based games to hit store shelves since....the classicI love Team Fortress 2, as soon as I purchased the Orange Box the day it came out and minutes after I beat HL2:Ep2 I was online with TF2. For those of you who have buggy experiences with Valve games, all I can say is you must have a pretty bad system on your hands. But onto the multiplayer action! TF2 is one of the best multiplayer team-based games to hit store shelves since....the classic version! Although in all honesty Vavle should have kept a couple of their older ideas for TF2 but overall it turned out very nicely. Advanced graphics make it a beautiful game - and not to forget the cartoony look it has which makes it different from any other game of similar caliber -, excellent quality in general, the personalities given to each of the classes are humourous, plus it is always action-packed and there never seems to be a dull moment. (Ah - and you cannot forget the Achievement system, brilliant way of getting people to do their best!) Expand
  50. vova585[OWNER]Vovan
    May 22, 2008
    Very good game, I like it because it has a great balance between classes.
  51. AnonymousMC
    May 4, 2008
    This is the best game ever made. The graphics are awesome as well as humor in the game! You can play this amazing games for hours without getting bored. The only dissapointment is the range of the FlameThrower. But else than that EVERYTHING was great! I had a cool time playing this with my friend, and thats a game you MUST have! Valve you are making life easier for every gamer in theThis is the best game ever made. The graphics are awesome as well as humor in the game! You can play this amazing games for hours without getting bored. The only dissapointment is the range of the FlameThrower. But else than that EVERYTHING was great! I had a cool time playing this with my friend, and thats a game you MUST have! Valve you are making life easier for every gamer in the world, except the Cookie Monster in Simpson. Expand
  52. DSC
    Jun 16, 2008
    Much better than the XBox360 version, and is an all around great game.
  53. AaronL.
    Jun 19, 2008
    This game is ridiculous and awesome at the same time, not unlike Jesus taking steroids and fighting a band of highway midgets.
  54. PaulW.
    Jun 19, 2008
    This game combines humor and excellent gameplay.
  55. ThomasM.
    Jun 21, 2008
    Best balanced FPS I have ever played.
  56. TimoP.
    Jun 21, 2008
    This game is going to keep a lot of old and new multiplayer FPS enthusiasts occupied for the next few years.
  57. KarlF.
    Jun 3, 2008
    Could use some more balancing (the pyro is way underpowered) but other than that this is as close to perfection you can get.
  58. AdamO.
    Jun 6, 2008
    Awesome game, lots of content, never boring, every gamer should own it!
  59. EvanD.
    Jul 1, 2008
    Incredibly fun, brilliantly polished, and continuously supported with free content by Valve. For $20, it's a great buy for anyone that likes traditional shooters.
  60. sp
    Jul 12, 2008
    never seen such a funny game - teamplay requiered !! 10 points.
  61. MarceloR.
    Jul 17, 2008
    The game is awesome. Very funny and has a gameplay far superior than any First Person Shooter i'd already played.
  62. TomT.
    Jul 23, 2008
    Does not insult players' intelligence. Extremely funny & addictive. I love the the rubber duck. Design of a genius.
  63. DrewM
    Jul 5, 2008
    Best game out never get sick of like Natural Selection.
  64. ChrilleB.
    Jul 9, 2008
    Superior game, but still doesn't chase Quakeworld in experience.
  65. NicholasA.
    Aug 2, 2008
    TFC2 has brought back the team based chaos that is my favorite type of gameplay. Well balanced classes that offer a variety ways to fight balance out an already well rounded game. Special abilites have made the game fresh and the eye candy is spectacular.
  66. ScottK
    Aug 20, 2008
    I LOVE this game - from the great variety of player classes, to the "awards", to the unlockable weapons/upgrades. . . there's nothing not to like about it.
  67. AnonymousMC
    Aug 20, 2008
    Hands down, second-to-none, top-notch multiplayer experience which surpasses anything I've ever played before. And, yes, I've played COD4 online. Team Fortress 2 rips off the arm of Call of Duty 4 and beats it with the wet end. This is one example of simple equals better: keep your golden weapons and your nifty ranking system, just give me more cartoony, tongue in cheek humour inHands down, second-to-none, top-notch multiplayer experience which surpasses anything I've ever played before. And, yes, I've played COD4 online. Team Fortress 2 rips off the arm of Call of Duty 4 and beats it with the wet end. This is one example of simple equals better: keep your golden weapons and your nifty ranking system, just give me more cartoony, tongue in cheek humour in a class-based shooter that everyone who appreciates good gaming can enjoy. What's more, Valve will keep you on your toes with a seemingly constant flow of brilliant updates that'll rival even Garry (of Garry's Mod). With 9 totally unique and intricate characters with their own perks and downfalls, each will eventually receive some shiny new unlockable weapons that'll be sure to keep the game enjoyable. Eat your heart out. Expand
  68. DamianosZ.
    Aug 3, 2008
    One of the best games i have ever played...... vell spend money. good job guys.
  69. JesseG.
    Aug 4, 2008
    Intense, well balanced, and just plain out fun!
  70. PierreL.
    Aug 4, 2008
    Action, Cartoon and Skillz ... sounds like a strange mix at the beginning. Don't miss this fantastic game, really addictive and funny !
  71. FelixR.
    Aug 8, 2008
    That game IS the bomb! It really kicks ass! I am already since 15 hours (i bought it 3 days ago) addicted to it!
  72. AnonymousMC
    Sep 2, 2008
    ok il just say it now. all you morons giving this game a zero are either plaing this game on the 360 or ps3 or your complete idiots who have never playes a good game in your life. this game is great and the updates make the game more fun and give you a reason to keep playing also i played this game for 5 months then i stoped till the medic update came out and i havent stop playing since sook il just say it now. all you morons giving this game a zero are either plaing this game on the 360 or ps3 or your complete idiots who have never playes a good game in your life. this game is great and the updates make the game more fun and give you a reason to keep playing also i played this game for 5 months then i stoped till the medic update came out and i havent stop playing since so you noobs who suck at the game stop giving it zeros Expand
  73. ChrisL
    Sep 25, 2008
    Really fun game, only drawback being that everyone has to start somewhere, and isn't that entertaining when the pro's are giving you a humiliation lesson!
  74. James
    Sep 27, 2008
    Incredibly entertaining. Play it once and you'll be hooked.
  75. None
    Sep 29, 2008
    Great Game! Fun and Nice team based gameplay.
  76. AlexR.
    Sep 6, 2008
    Love this game, really easy to get the hang of, and the variety of gameplay, and surf maps in partcular are extremely good. no complaints!!
  77. BobB.
    Sep 7, 2008
    The most chaotic, insane, and bloody multiplayer game to date. And, of course, the best.
  78. BartekBartek
    Nov 12, 2009
    This game is very good but in this game is a lot of bugs eg. fire under wather.
  79. anonymous
    Nov 1, 2009
    Simply amazing game. Everyone on here saying that the updates are stupid aren't realizing that THEY can get the new weapons, too. All theyre doing is rewarding you for playing more than others. If you come into this game looking for a hardcore, strategy kind of FPS, go away. This is a "kill everybody and try not to be killed" type of game that was intended for pure fun, and it meets Simply amazing game. Everyone on here saying that the updates are stupid aren't realizing that THEY can get the new weapons, too. All theyre doing is rewarding you for playing more than others. If you come into this game looking for a hardcore, strategy kind of FPS, go away. This is a "kill everybody and try not to be killed" type of game that was intended for pure fun, and it meets it's goal. 10/10 Expand
  80. MatthewC
    Oct 1, 2009
    Okay so basically, I understand freedom of speech and whatnot but if you do not have any understanding or think that collectable items has split or killed the Team Fortress community, than I am just going to think your one of the following: a child, an imbosile, both and/or havn't even really taken the time to understand the game or even get in touch with the core TF2 community. This Okay so basically, I understand freedom of speech and whatnot but if you do not have any understanding or think that collectable items has split or killed the Team Fortress community, than I am just going to think your one of the following: a child, an imbosile, both and/or havn't even really taken the time to understand the game or even get in touch with the core TF2 community. This game is probably one of the best only out done by its predecessor. Perhaps not perceived by some now, but when TFC was originally released and whatnot (Mind you I was arround the age of 8 at the time) that had just about as much influence on me as a gamer as when Starcraft was released. It is the kind of game, if you havn't even played first person shooters before, if you just jumped into the seat and strapped in your flame retardant and picked up your flame thrower, you could literally be up there in the action dominating opponents in minutes. But - don't let that fool you into thinking the game's that simple, you'll be running into all kinds of enemies. You'll be having to deal with slow classes like the notorious 'Sandvich' wielding Heavy Weapons Guy whose weapon of choice is a Gatling gun. The tricky speedster Scout, who can outrun you no problems and is prone to 'bonking' you on the head with baseball bat in hand. The sneaky Spy who if you arn't watching your back when it counts can cost you your life and a great deal of embarrasment when he sticks you with his knife and then disguises as you to threaten your allies. And there is a whole lot more, and with variation in individual playstyles - you will always be left guessing what to expect next. This game is a must for all people interested in something involving a bit of teamwork, but also definately worth looking into if you prefer a more solo play. Expand
  81. ThatGuy
    Dec 14, 2009
    Team Fortress 2 is well done, the class updates keep it fresh, crafting will be fun to do, even though turning metal and wood into sandwiches confuses me, it's a great mix of warfare and humor, i just can't get enough of this game.
  82. EirikB
    Dec 28, 2009
    This is an Awesome game. I just like the option you have in this game. Well, i'm new to this game.. But after couple of hours playing all night long.. I just have to say: I ENJOYED IT, EVERY SINGLE SECOND! =) IT'S A AWESOME GAME! What characters do i like best? Spy, Enginer.. no, wait.. I love 'em all! =) So if you don't have this game, go buy it! Or do like i did, buy This is an Awesome game. I just like the option you have in this game. Well, i'm new to this game.. But after couple of hours playing all night long.. I just have to say: I ENJOYED IT, EVERY SINGLE SECOND! =) IT'S A AWESOME GAME! What characters do i like best? Spy, Enginer.. no, wait.. I love 'em all! =) So if you don't have this game, go buy it! Or do like i did, buy the Valve complete pack for just 50£ (Holiday sale).. In this pack there is all Counter Strike versions. Day of defeat, half life Left 4 dead 1,2 Team Fortress 1,2 ;P Expand
  83. SimpleJack
    Oct 28, 2009
    A wonderfull fast action-game! Especially the many big updates and the interest of Valve in the community are awesome!
  84. DudeEt
    Oct 29, 2009
    By far the greatest online shooter game of its type. It's graphics have a nice feel to them, and the theme is pleasing to the eyes after repetitive playing.. although was is best about it, is the classes. Sure somethings change a touch with updates, and unlockable items, although others have helped the game feel fresh. For example.. the item drop system might be annoying.. but it By far the greatest online shooter game of its type. It's graphics have a nice feel to them, and the theme is pleasing to the eyes after repetitive playing.. although was is best about it, is the classes. Sure somethings change a touch with updates, and unlockable items, although others have helped the game feel fresh. For example.. the item drop system might be annoying.. but it sure has left everyone in suspense on wanting to get a hat.. and therefor continuing to play. Personally i think its a bit of a gimmick.. Anyhow it has quite some potential still, since 3 classes remain to be updated with a few more meet the "" videos to be made, being the medic and the pyro. The community of it is great as well, with a huge variety of maps for selection to differ from the valve maps that one gets to know to well after some time. Some include skill maps, that rely on techniques that most would have not even thought about.. most times though they are just for the fun and impractical for real use. I highly doubt if valve makes a team fortress 3 in the future, that it could live up to this game.. of which if it does, well then it is obvious what will be my favorite game. So come play a few rounds.. choose a class, from the selection of the: explosive rather well balanced class the soldier, the team asset the medic, whom heals everyone and can easily help win a match with an ubercharge.. the spy who's job is to infiltrate and attack the enemy in their weakspot and destroy machines among the way. the scout who uses speed and flanking to his ability, the pyro for everyone that just wants to hold down mouse one..the heavy for everyone who wants a big gun and lots of hp, the engineer for the type whom want to build machines to help out your team, the sniper for all whom like to annoy others by headshoting them and finally, the demoman who is by far the best drunk player character.. i have ever seen in a game, with some great lines.. and the most explosives one can pack into a character... the sticky launcher for planting traps for the enemy and the pipe bomb launcher, for dealing with everything else.. Still by far the soldier is my favorite, nothing beats killing with the rocket launcher, or hitting someone out of the air with the same gun. Expand
  85. benjaminb
    Oct 29, 2009
    the best online shooter game i mostly just be the engineer becuase i love making the turrets awesome
  86. DoeJohn
    Oct 31, 2009
    Team Fortress 2 is an instant classic. Even after two years the Team Fortress 2 team continues to support the game with frequent update and sales. Team Fortress 2 is very fun to play. Certain classes are easier to play than others, but all can be played with ease after a while. While you may get bored with a certain class, there may be an update to that class to bring you back and play it.
  87. KingJohn
    Oct 31, 2009
    This has to be one of the best online, class based games I have ever played. It includes a funky cartoon theme, and tons of humor. What could be better?
  88. TomásF
    Oct 30, 2009
    This game its just amazing. It has a crappy drop system, BUT the strategy, the skills and the fun you'll get overcomes everything.
  89. JamesF
    Jan 6, 2009
    I've played many online FPS's over the years, namely the battlefield series, and I have to say that Team Fortress 2 is different. Which is why it is so brilliant. All the classes have a purpose, and no one class is overplayed over the others. The sheer amount of balance work that has gone into this game makes it, in my opinion, well worth the investment, and with the promise of I've played many online FPS's over the years, namely the battlefield series, and I have to say that Team Fortress 2 is different. Which is why it is so brilliant. All the classes have a purpose, and no one class is overplayed over the others. The sheer amount of balance work that has gone into this game makes it, in my opinion, well worth the investment, and with the promise of future updates from VALVe, it is sure to evolve into an even more solid title. Expand
  90. danet
    Feb 25, 2009
    The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans. Expand
  91. AnonymousMC
    Mar 19, 2009
    A classic FPS in virtually every way. Arguably one of the best multiplayer-focused First Person Shooters of all time. I can agree in almost every since with what others have said - whatever new games I buy, I always find myself coming back to and playing this game, without hesitation, quickly and easily, even after literally hundreds of hours of play time. The variety of gameplay styles,A classic FPS in virtually every way. Arguably one of the best multiplayer-focused First Person Shooters of all time. I can agree in almost every since with what others have said - whatever new games I buy, I always find myself coming back to and playing this game, without hesitation, quickly and easily, even after literally hundreds of hours of play time. The variety of gameplay styles, maps, classes, and unlockable weapons ensures that this game will live long enough to see the release of TF3. Its graphics are excellent and involve real time facial movements, not frozen faces like you might see in other FPS games. Its only con being the high graphics load, you can understand why TF2 is such a classic shooter. Expand
  92. GraemeB
    Mar 2, 2009
    Superb multi-player game. It keeps evolving as Valve add new packs, maps and tweak the weapons etc. Graphics are fun and the voice comments are wonderful. On the downside - you need a fast machine, as big maps and lots of players = low FPS.
  93. SimeonB
    Mar 28, 2009
    It's awesome. Style, gameplay, variety, graphics, pace, balance, everything is just right. There might be small issues after certain class updates, as too many players choose that class by then and it seems annoying/unbalanced. But that's nothing serious and sorts itself out after a week or two. The ONE game i keep coming back and hardly dont play for a whole week. Get it, its worth it.
  94. AnonymousMC
    Mar 6, 2009
    Team Fortress 2 is a great game. A stride away from generic shooters, this game introduces a nice class based system. Unlike your other shooters out there, every class is completely different from each other. Every class has a different roll. It all comes together for one of the greatest shooters valve has created yet.
  95. Zeitgeist
    Apr 8, 2009
    TF2 is a great game. As with anything, judging this game after playing it for only one day is a bit naive. It has initial appeal since even brand new players can get kills here and there and contribute to the team, but the basics are also learned quickly and fine tuning the tricks to each class gives this game much replay value. Very well balanced as no single class is particularly TF2 is a great game. As with anything, judging this game after playing it for only one day is a bit naive. It has initial appeal since even brand new players can get kills here and there and contribute to the team, but the basics are also learned quickly and fine tuning the tricks to each class gives this game much replay value. Very well balanced as no single class is particularly overpowered, each can be countered if you know what you're doing. The ingenuity of game design put forth in this game is astounding, and each update excites me to see what Valve has done to evolve the game. One of the best and polished multiplayer fpses I have ever played. Expand
  96. JamesT
    May 1, 2009
    Pure bloody brilliance. The classes are balanced perfectly, the characters memorable and hilarious, the graphics excellent. This is by far the best class-based multiplayer shooter ever made. It's also the only game I've played that can keep me grinning like a loon out of sheer joy for two hours straight.
  97. JohnH
    May 21, 2009
    A masterpiece. Groundbreaking graphic style and gameplay that only gets boring after hundreds of hours of gameplay. Great balance between classes; nobody is overpowered. I wouldn't say it's a sequel to a previous shooter, it's an entirely new game.
  98. Andrewv
    May 2, 2009
    This game makes a Team work with each other to win. the Different classes are all pretty well balanced. And it has a good look to it not realistic but cool. And it has sum really funny content. Achievements and unlocks make it even better to get into. everyone that i have shown this game to has loved it so it gets the best score i can think of a 10!
  99. AndrewL
    May 2, 2009
    I've played FPS a lot and this has to be one of my favorite. Every class has a diffrent way to play and everyone plays ever class diffrently. TF2 is a game you can play for years and not get bored, but there are many people who are really good at it and it takes some fun out of the game for newer players.
  100. DanE
    May 20, 2009
    This game is purely amazing. Whoever gives it a zero usually comments that they 'die quickly' or the game isn't 'hardcore' enough for them. The game was never meant to be hardcore, its a fun game that you can play for hours and still love it. As far as dying quickly, play the game more than 10 minutes and learn to play, its not difficult considering the amazing This game is purely amazing. Whoever gives it a zero usually comments that they 'die quickly' or the game isn't 'hardcore' enough for them. The game was never meant to be hardcore, its a fun game that you can play for hours and still love it. As far as dying quickly, play the game more than 10 minutes and learn to play, its not difficult considering the amazing balance Valve put into it. Expand

1. AceGamez
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.