9.2

1. Apr 13, 2014
    Single handedly the best game I've ever played in my life. This is the most balanced game ever created (yes including chess). Famous for being one of the first games that provided endless non stop free updates to keep the game fresh and interesting. To this day the community is as strong as ever and this game continues to inspire gamers and developers alike and give them something amazing to strive towards.
    To say I got my "bang for my buck" would be a grievously colossal understatement. No game in history as ever been so good that it helped sell other games by offering items to redeem in that very same game. As such I think it's important to give proper respect to a game that essentially inspired gamers to try more and different games in the process. Hand's down, in solemn solute and prayers, this game is in a league of its own. I only regret that I could not give this game a score higher than 10.
  2. Apr 13, 2014
    I'm not sure what it is about Team Fortress 2 that makes it so great. At first glance, it's very generic to comparison of most online shooters, but there is something that makes Team Fortress 2 unique stand out, perhaps it's the effort developers obviously put into it, perhaps it's the funny side remarks, whatever it is, Team Fortress 2 is a one-of-a-kind game.
  3. Apr 4, 2014
    people are hating on the f2p restrictions. to them all i can say is buy a 49 cents item from the store and shut
    the **** up. there is a reason why this game is 9,2.
  4. Mar 31, 2014
    A really fun game with super fun mechanics. Has some performance issues when new updates get released but nothing that can't be fixed by tweaking settings. Free game with lots to do. Multiple different game modes, hats **** and other hsit (man i dont even play this game). Artstyle is so great and it's always stayed the same, following the guidelines that Valve created, no wacky hats like, idk, pony heads or heavy fairy sets. It's also free so that's pretty cool I guess, unless you're one of those idiots who don't want the game to grow and you're pissed at the new players instead of helping them but whatever. (that sentence woah) Pubs are fun to mess around in and competitive scene is fun and challenging. Probably the best game I've ever played, however the game is dead so I have to give it a 1/10. Expand
  5. Mar 30, 2014
    Used to be really good, but the increasing amount of bugs, performance issues, crashes and flat out broken weapons combined with Valve's completely non-existing incentive to communicate with or properly listen to the playerbase, or even just their hesitance to implement the tons of different fixes that the community has made for them through the years, will make me give the game a score of 1 now.

Go buy the game if you want a little fun in the start, but you better be lucky with your setup to not have bad performance, and you will eventually grow tired of Valve's neglect and realize why I'm right.
  6. Mar 21, 2014
    A truly, wonderfully, amazing game that has absolutely no boundaries to its diversity and gameplay. A perfectly balanced array of nine varied classes to choose from, the cartoonish yet distinct and unique skins and textures, are just the few strong points Team Fortress 2 have that makes it a genuinely fun game for everybody to play.
  7. Mar 20, 2014
    Not a bad game. However, a lot of people play and praise this just because it is free. The gameplay is good and it isn't a bad game, it just doesn't stand up compared to other games that I have paid for.
  8. Mar 15, 2014
    With the map editor, endless items waiting to be approved in the Steam Workshop and the 9 classes for any kind of FPS player, you will play Team Fortress 2 for a long time! And guess what? This games is FREE TO PLAY! So you only need 8GB free on your hard drive and you are good to go! Even if TF2 has micro-transactions, they are not really going to make a difference but if you want to stay unique from other players, you might spend £50 on your items without even realising:) In my opinion, give this game a try because you have nothing to lose! Expand
  9. Mar 8, 2014
    Team Fortress 2. As soon as I saw the Meet the Team trailers for this game, I knew I had to have it. These trailers were so well done, that I think that just one of them would be a perfect short that plays before a movie. As for the actual game, I finally got my chance to play it at Christmas time in the year 2011 when I got it with the Orange Box, which also came with Half-Life 2 and Portal. So is this game as amazing as I had hoped it would be from the awesome trailers, or is the game just your average class-based multiplayer shooter with cartoony graphics? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is just about the most fun gameplay imaginable in a video game. The entire game is a class-based multiplayer first-person shooter. There are several different modes of play in this game. There is attack and defend, which is a mode where the blu team (no, I did not just spell "blue" wrong, that is really how the team is spelled in the game) attacks control points, and the red team defends them. The blu team needs to capture these points before time runs out, while the red team needs to defend them until time runs out. There is also king of the hill, where both teams must compete over a central control point, and hold it for a certain amount of time. Then there's capture the flag, which is capturing the enemy's briefcase of intelligence while defending your own. There are many more modes, but these are just to name a few. You begin each mode by choosing the class you want to play as out of all nine classes in the game. The classes are scout, soldier, pyro, demoman, heavy, engineer, medic, sniper, and spy. All of these classes are very fun to play as because they are all totally different in both gameplay and personality. The scout is the fastest class in the game, and is good for quick offensive raids. The soldier is the most balanced class in the game, with average speed, and a very powerful rocket launcher. Pyro can set things on fire with his flamethrower at close range, and that's all that really needs to be said. The Demoman has a grenade launcher, which he can use to lob grenades at enemies. The heavy is the most powerful class in the game, and can destroy everything with his minigun. The engineer can build turrets and dispensers to help defend locations. The medic can heal everyone on the go with his medigun. The sniper can take out enemies from a distance with his sniper rifle, and the spy can disguise himself as the enemy, and back-stab them with his knife. As for what I mean by different personalities, I mean that the classes themselves are essentially their own characters in the game. They all come from different countries, have different back stories, and even have their own sense of humor and quotes. Because the classes of this game are all so different, this makes the game utterly unique compared to other multiplayer shooters. The game has many unique game modes to play as well. This game is so much more than your average first-person shooter, and that's a good thing. It went so far to be unique, and succeeded spectacularly. As for the graphics, let's just say, if you thought the gameplay of this game was unique, just wait till you see the graphics. Not only is the gameplay different from the average first-person shooter, but the graphics are different as well. Most shooters try for a realistic approach to graphics, making everything look as close to life as possible. This game however, does the exact opposite, it tries to make the game look as cartoony as possible. That's right, this game's graphics go for the cartoony approach rather than the realistic one like most shooters. Of course, the real question is, does this game succeed with this cartoony approach? I can happily say that the answer is yes. The game not only looks beautiful, but it also fits the already zany feel of the game. As for the presentation, it is one of the best I've ever seen in a multiplayer shooter. Everything in this game handles well, and everything is easy to use and access. Overall, I'd say if you don't have this game, you need to get it now! This is a game that everyone in the world needs to play. It has spectacular gameplay, beautiful graphics, and a wonderful presentation to top it all off.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Presentation: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  10. Mar 7, 2014
    Another entertaining game by Valve. It has unique cartoonish graphics, makes the game funnier. Game play is quite good, satisfies enough. In the game, there are nine well-designed classes. They have some advantages and disadvantages, you should choose them according to you playing style. By the way, don't forget the maps, they designed very well too. You can spent hours in the same map, seriously.

Anyway, 10 out of 10 to you TF2. You deserved it!
  11. Feb 26, 2014
    Still the only FPS I regularly boot up and have some zany fast paced fun playing. Never gets old, still looks great. Play this game if you like FPS in the team Vs team style. And there are so many modes, you should not get bored. MEDIC!
  12. Feb 24, 2014
    This is the best PC fps in my opinion it has amazing maps some community made cool weapons and tons of classes the only bad thing is pyros they are OP.
  13. Feb 19, 2014
    It's quite a funny game in the beginning, but in the long-term it gets boring for me. It's really diversified, without a lot of classes, weapons, items, etc.
    I mostly recommend it to young teenagers ages 10-15 and to all people who like A LOT of mayhem.
  14. Feb 10, 2014
    This is in my top 5 games I have ever played. It is amazing fun and if you are a fan of quick paced action games I guarantee you will be kept entertained. This game is fantastic to play with friends. The classes are enjoyable on their own and each has their own personality, It's also free to play so if you have the time, hard drive space and desire I think you have no excuse for not playing this game. Expand
  15. Feb 7, 2014
    I've been playing this game for years now. Gotta say without a doubt that its one of the best FPS games made to date. Sure it doesn't have the "realism" of games like Call of Duty or Battlefield but it makes up for that with smooth and engaging gameplay. The devs have been great about keeping the game updated and fresh.

True, many will point out that the current game is nothing like the
    game when it first came out. The addition of hats and new weapons completely turned the game upside down. However, as crazy as it may seem right now, the changes have kept this games community thriving and has made fresh could've gone stale years ago. Kudos Valve for this masterpiece! Expand
  16. Feb 2, 2014
    Well, what should I say. The classes are funny and balanced. The weapons are perfectly balanced and will get changed if too over or underpowered. Some bugs, even if funny, can be bad.
  17. Feb 2, 2014
    One of the most overrated games of this generation in my opinion. Since this game is free, i can't say it's a waste of money, but why waste time on a mediocre shooter, when you can get way better ones for just a few euros?
    None of the maps in this game are very memorable; they mostly just look the same. being able to choose out of 9 classes makes it seem like you have a lot of choice, but
    most of them (i'm talking to you, scout and medic) are useless compared to OP classes like heavy and pyro.
    The biggest flaw of the game, however, is how repetitive most game modes are. Let me tell you about one of the most played game modes; one team has to push a cart along a rail towards a certain point, while the other team has to prevent them from doing so. If you're on the cart-pushing team, this is basically what you do:
    1. Run to the cart.
    2. Push it forwards for maybe 50cm.
    3. Get blown up by sticky bombs and launchers.
    4. Wait for the 15-second respawn delay to end.
    5. Repeat.
    And for the defending team, all you do is throw explosives to the cart, hoping to get a kill. Almost every FPS game (even good ones) are repetitive in a way, but TF2 makes it way too obvious.
    Further on, there's ofcourse a team deathmatch game mode, which is pretty mediocre as well, a capture the point game mode, which is almost just as repetitive as the one i just spoke about, and some more that i don't remember.
    There's no problem in downloading this game since it's free, but don't expect a lot from it.

Overview:

Presentation: 8
    Menu's look good, and the game luckily isn't full of glitches.

Graphics: 6.5
    although the game looks fun, maps are very repetitive.

Sound: 5.5
    No memorable soundtrack or voice acting, and guns don't sound great either.

Gameplay: 3
    This is what i hate the game the most for, since it's repetitive, the classes are unbalanced, and there isn't a single game mode that involves any strategy.

Lasting appeal: 4
    Not much depth in the game, no outstanding maps or game modes, so it wears off quickly.
  18. Jan 23, 2014
    This game is a lot of fun all the different kind of classes and weapons makes for a really fun game the only reason I can't give it a ten is because the lack of maps.
  19. Jan 21, 2014
    TF2 is a free game.
    It is 100 times better than Call Of Duty or Battlefield (ok, maybe not battlefield4)
    Seeing as it is free, i will leave the reason to get it up to you to find out.
    SO GO GET THIS FRIGGIN GAME
  20. Jan 16, 2014
    One of the best online multiplayer shooters ever made. It's the very definition of how a game should be balanced. Even though I have over 250 games in my Steam library and plenty of online shooters to choose from, I always find myself coming back and playing a few rounds on my favorite servers.
  21. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is an endless amount of fun. It is always going through updates, which make new weapons, hats, and other things, such as modes. The newest mode, Mann vs Machine (MVM) is really fun, you fight robots that look like the characters you can be! Get it. Its an endless amount of fun, which is free now!
  22. Jan 11, 2014
    9/10 Amazing Team Fortress 2 is essentially a fun, free game without any major elements that grants it a "Pay To Win" title. In this game, you'll unlock items normally through achievement progressions and whatnot. Cosmetics: Plays a part in character customization, where hats and clothing can be purchased with real-life money in the in-game shop. Most weapons are really balanced from my experience, every single different one has advantage(s) and disadvantage(s) (except the basic ones). The only other way to unlock weapons faster outside of completing the achievements is by purchasing it in the in-game shop.

Game modes: Good variety of them.

Each classes are equally thought out and balanced. With roles completely different from the other.

Graphics aren't really great, but i'll give them some slack since they're using the Source engine and obviously because it is a 2008 title... OT: Source engine's hit detection is GREAT
  23. Jan 6, 2014
    It's really hard to pinpoint any negative aspect in this game. Like it intends to, the game emphasizes teamwork with nine classes that are all balanced and have distinctly different roles and abilities. The vast arsenal of weapons you get allow for multiple playstyles and strategies. Valve updates the game on a regular basis, and as of now there are more than enough maps to play on with many different gamemodes. So as you can see, there's a great deal of variety. Sound design is excellent throughout, and the brilliant visual style still looks great years after its release. Highly recommended for FPS fans. Expand
  24. Dec 29, 2013
    This game is almost a requirement for anyone new to the PC gaming community. Not only does this game provide a AAA title with excellent weapon choice, balance, and class roles, it's also an entirely free game. Additionally, this game's Free to play (F2P) model is a great example for any developer, as even though it provides perks like inventory space, drop rate, and trading when upgrading to premium, no item or gametype is restricted from any Free to Play user.
    However, this game has a large "trading" system in-game, allowing players to trade items to each other. This may sound like an interesting mechanic, but many players have turned Team Fortress into a hub for trading, making servers for almost only such an act. If you are not interested in profiting from trading, avoid any server with a trade tag. As well, this game does not have a CD format and takes a large amount of data to download.
    Overall, 8/10 felt appropriate for recent server implications and the data overhaul needed, but find a good list of servers to favorite, and you shouldn't have to ever worry about them. Also, a Terabyte of Memory is the average data of a modern desktop, and 14 gigs shouldn't be a problem unless you have a poor connection to the Internet. Not just a recommendation or a suggestion, almost a requirement.
  25. Dec 27, 2013
    I don't know why people love this game, it's the worst game developed by Valve. It's a generic shooter where you have to jump here and there and nothing more. You have good customization options, but it doesn't worth. The graphics are good, but it can be better (the effects are very standard). It's a good game? Yes, and its free, but it is not a great game like everyone says.
  26. Dec 26, 2013
    I have no idea why there are negative reviews. This game combines unique cartoon like graphics, fun shooting, and humor for no price. Hats are awesome and the weapons are good. Each class has weaknesses and strong points. The game is a must have :D
  27. Dec 22, 2013
    Definition of awesomeness It´s pretty much boring alone, but once you have a friend playing, this game gets really funny and you can play it for days. There´s always something new to try.
  28. Dec 15, 2013
    Valve remove all f2p restrictions and I will give your game a superb 10. For now it will be null. Nobody can convince me to like this game. Thank you and goodnight
  29. Dec 12, 2013
    Worst game ever spent all my money on virtual hats and fed Gabe Newl 7 billion chocolate bars with that money. P.S awesome game most fun you'll have had shooting each other
  30. Dec 9, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is the perfect blend of seriousness and silliness, from hats that have planets spinning around them to flip flops this game has it all. I highly recommend this game to anyone interested.
  31. Dec 4, 2013
    An amazing game for anytime of the day, I'm always playing this. I seriously recommend getting Team Fortress 2, I'ts simply amazing. I literally play this every single day just to be entertained.
  32. Nov 30, 2013
    This is just a great game which is meant to be fun. I don't think that it is for everyone, however, I can't stop playing this game. I just bought Battlefield 4, but I am still playing Team Fortress 2. I love the goofiness of the game and the pacing is fantastic. Check it out, its free, and then you can decide for yourself if you like this game.
  33. Nov 27, 2013
    This game ruined my life. It is the best multiplayer shooter i ever played! Simply amazing! You have nine different classes to play and the cartoon graphics make the game better, more funny!
  34. Nov 25, 2013
    One of the best free to play FPS games ever to be created. It requires you to participate with the team to complete the objectives instead of just brainlessly killing people over and over again like in Call of Duty. This is also one of the few good cartoon FPS games. It is casual so no one gets mad at you for fooling around. I love how each class has their own personality and abilities that lets the player contribute to the team. My only problem is that there are a lot of bugs due to the constant updates (which I love). I would give it a 9.5 if I could. Expand
  35. Nov 23, 2013
    Tf2 one of the best games i'll ever play in my life so addicting so entertaining, people say the game got ruined because of the weapons and the store well that's not true unlike many games tf2 is not a pay to win game and people often get confused the new weapon they find is isn't better than their old one no it isn't and in most cases the default weapon i much better since the others have ups and downs but it actually depends on your style and what situation you are in and there are many ways to find these items, you acquire them via drop system, you trade them with other people,you do achievements or buy them but don't do that only spend 5 dollars on the game so you have a better drop rate. There are many other different items including hats which do not affect gameplay but affects what other players think of you and the most expensive hat is a unusual team captain I think worth about $4000 usd Expand
  36. Nov 23, 2013
    I have spent many, many hours just fiddling around in this game. This masterpiece just keep making itself better and better and more enjoyable. I see all the work they put into this project. However, I do how people do not like this game because of the cartoony and funny feel. This game was made to be a very serious FPS with GET TO POINT GAMMA GO! GO! GO! But then, this game just got less like that. A hat simulator. Who would've guessed that? Lots of random things happen and makes the gamer laugh and enchance how rich the game is. This game is one of my absolute favorite games and one I would spend money on just for items. I hope you enjoyed this random "speech". How do you think about my first critic? Expand
  37. Nov 23, 2013
    Truly a SPECTACULAR game to play. I am even able to play this game on one single server that replays the the same map 24/7 (Ozzy Furocity on the map 2Fort) and yet, I'm STILL having an unbelievable amount of fun!!
  38. Nov 16, 2013
    Probably one of the best online FPS of all time.

Don't expect to like Team Fortress 2 the moment you jump into battle, the chances are you will find it very difficult and frustrating. Once you find the class your good at and the weapons you like, you'll be playing it non-stop. There is so much to this game you'll find as you progress. The maps are all very fun with different gamemodes
    which are all fun and can easily be played on for over 100 hours. The only real downside of the game is the community who can sometimes ruin the server you are playing on. Sometimes you can't escape them and will just have to wait until they are all gone. Another downside maybe being people doing cheap tricks with their classes and weapons and such.

Freakin' good game, by far the best Free-to-play game out there.
  39. Nov 10, 2013
    Lots of content updates. Very little game fixing updates. Mostly cosmetic bandaids and pretty hats to fill up your inventory to keep you from forgetting your game will lock up, crash, and not get patched for 2 months.
  40. Nov 9, 2013
    This game is pure awesomeness and a must play. On my opinion this is the far best FPS I ever EVER played. Oh and how about Hat Fortress? Trading with hats all the day!
  41. Nov 9, 2013
    Really love the game, and it's free! so even if you hate it you don't lose money, but how can you hate this game, it's a very fun game, plenty to do and it doesn't lack servers, the characters are very cool and the class system can end up making it into a pretty competitive game, with items to be collected there's always a goal to playing and all you have to do is play the game to get the items, or you can buy the ones you want in the store but that can get a bit expensive and hats cannot be found and have to be bough.

What also makes this game so great is the community, with people making cool items that can approved by valve and implemented into the game if they are good enought. Great game and completely free, a must play.
  42. Nov 8, 2013
    Entertained me for 1700+ hours with excellent gameplay that never makes you bored or tired. Loads of weapons, maps, community mods including Slender, Saxton Hale mod (You'll see how much fun it is) and prop hunt. Oh, I forgot to mention one last thing HATS. You'll be obsessed with them! You will want to be good-looking on the battlefield while you kill some hatless peasants!
  43. Nov 7, 2013
    The game full of humor and action has define the meaning of Team Fortress, where not an ordinary realistic FPS of Submachine Guns and Rifles shooting each other, it means that there are 9 special people with 9 special skills other than a person using the gun massacring, but it was also about a teamwork between the classes. Such as Medic, and other Support Classes that would reinforce the offense and the defense class, the game is very entertaining with a large vary of hats and weapons, where you will spend your time countlessly on getting the hats to customize your character unlike a normal standard character. Expand
  44. Nov 7, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is about as good as Free-to-Play can get. Not quite in the elite class, but still an enjoyable game. I like the artstyle to it, not because "IT HAS COLOR", but because it actually looks like a Saturday Morning cartoon. As much as I like the FPS genre, I'd really like to see more experiments with the graphics. But what about the game? Well, it's best compared to a game like Counter-Strike. While in Counter-Strike (not to detract from it, it's still a good game) it's easy to solo a team, trying to go alone in this game will end with your ragequit. I also like that it makes it so that you want to pay money rather than grudgingly do it by giving some legitimate benefits (Not hats).

Really, my main complaint with the game is not with Valve, Steam, or the developers: It's with the community. The reigning kings of obnoxious fanbases remains the Homestuck community, but TF2 puts up a good fight. One of the downsides to the F2P model is that it allows EVERYONE (that has a computer that meets system requirements, that is) can play, leading to many situations where you'll be surrounded by Bronies, Furries, children, and the obnoxious "PC Master Race" group. Unlike some other games (Sonic), the community hasn't destroyed the game yet, but be wary. 8/10. A solid experience at the low price of free.
  45. Nov 6, 2013
    Probably, not going 10 because of the regular problem on the most of TF2's public servers: Unbalanced teams. There actually could be a system that would not drop all of the skilled players on the same team, but share them between both teams, and would do the same thing with F2Ps.
  46. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Though it was originally a game based on teamwork, the entire community is crap. With good and interesting maps, along with a (for some reason, hated) Free-2-Play status, it's a fun game. Except for the fact the people judge you on your ITEMS. If you don't have a hat that has some dumb effect, then you the most hated person in the game. Those people who first join the game are pummled to the ground with taunts of how they are "noobs" and "bad players", what do you expect? They just joined the game, don't expect them to be gods getting kills left and right. And then there are people who spend thousands just to buy these virtual hats, the game is nothing more than a hat simulator with players who wear dumb clothing thinking they are cool, along with the use of the same unfair technique on others, such as Scouts following someone across the battlefield just to kill you, Demomen who use their Sticky bomb launchers for offense, battle Medics that never respect or heal their own teammates, ETC.
    Not to mention, the biggest kill of the game are "Critical Hits". Why do these even exist? They turn a fair battle into a "kill the rabbits" gamemode. About to kill someone at point blank with a shotgun? Nope, 1 critical hit from a pistol and you are dead.
    Also, why aren't weapons and maps added to the game more often? Each patch that is added into the game is just filled with hats and other things.
    All in all, it's a good game, but unless you want to put up with spoil, unfair, and non cohesive players, don't waste your computer space.
  47. Nov 2, 2013
    The best Free-to-Play game on the market today. Perfectly balanced, amazing gameplay, great cartoon-y style and an amazing community that provides unique ways to play the game. Definitely pick this up, no question.
  48. Nov 1, 2013
    I'm not a huge fan of first person shooters, but this game is awesome. It still stands up to most games today (Nov, 2013). It's hysterical yet very in-depth, relying heavily of a well balanced team made up of 7+ different classes.

This game will be remembered as a classic, but luckily it still has some good years ahead of it.
  49. Oct 31, 2013
    Great game all round, F2P, brilliant gameplay. You should not ignore this game it's better than your average COD. Apart from a few annoying things this game is a brilliant experience.
  50. Oct 21, 2013
    Really good to play with your friends and it has funny classes to choose from and every class does have pluss and minus sides. For example, Heavy is very slow, but it has alot of hp and firepower. Scout not much hp, but really fast and medium firepower. Only real is it went free to play and it came along with hats, miscs and guns. Like in the shop there's some miscs and hats which cost about 1-10€ and unusals are worth of 50€? Really? Expand
  51. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is incredible. Combining laid back design with fiercely competitive game modes this little gem is the perfect FPS.
    It features a selection of classes, each with an immense arsenal of weaponry, creating a cluster of effective playstyles, limited only by the players imagination. With complex mechanics such as the Sandman-Cleaver combo you can constantly be evolving your pack of
    skills whilst the game also includes newbie friendly classes with more easy to grasp objectives.
    The massive range of play styles will constantly keep the player entertained from amateur pub level to platinum standard competitive play.
    The icing on the cake comes when anyone can pick it up for free. This really is a game you have absolutely no excuse to ignore.
  52. Oct 19, 2013
    I got this game as free-to-play. It kept me busy for some years. Nowadays I hate it. Premium players with Unusual hats and Strange weapons made me cry in anger. I was unable to buy anything. However this doesn't mean I'm saying it's bad. No. This game is superb and slick. I love graphics, sound and sense of humour. For those who like to play shooting games this is just necessary. I know I may sound like hypocrite, but I just can't (and don't want to) pay real money for cosmetic features but without them I feel powerless around premiums stuffed with hats. I will no longer play tf2, cause I know there will be nothing like "hat drops for free-to-play gamers" until end of the world. Still, to praise this game "as it is" and not annoy fans I will give it 10. It deserves it, despite my opinion. Expand
  53. Oct 18, 2013
    Not once has a game thrilled me with such... genialidad (That's Spanish)! All the classes have their own upsides and downsides, all very fun and creative. Heavy gets boring if you want a challenge since he walks around with a minigun slowly shooting at enemies with 300 HP, but there are some things to do as him like defend medics or defend control points. Mann Co was a great idea, supporting Valve by you paying for items that you'll love. Trading is very helpful, where you can trade weapons for weapons, hats for hats, etc. Also, even though they aren't avoidable, there aren't so many ragekids. So that's good. There is so many step ups from TFC (Which is a great game, and worth the money so I recommend it) like moving sentries, going faster, new weapons and abilities, etc. Fun, joy and challenge awaits in a free fabulous masterpiece! Expand
  54. Oct 15, 2013
    This game is GOOD, don't get me wrong, a 6 is not a bad score. I'm not complaining about the graphics either, I think they suit the game play style and are a fun addition. The game play is also quite fun, and quite addictive. The addictive-ness of this game falls quite quickly due to the very repetitive game play. It's Kill, Die, Kill, Die, change class, Die, Die, Kill, change class, Kill, Kill, Die. I find that all the game modes are just mediocre, nothing new or interesting, they've all been seen before. And the world is EXTREMELY hard for beginners, as I once was. Some people in the game also like to obsess over hats, to be honest hats take away the game play and make players focus on something irrelevant. Overall this game is quite good. Expand
  55. Oct 15, 2013
    I love this game. It gets a perfect 10 from me. There are a lot of immature 6 and 7 year old kids, but i just ignore them or tell them to shut up, but other than that, the game is a masterpiece.
  56. Oct 14, 2013
    his game is one of the most unique games I have ever played.

With constant updates this game becomes a different game then from most of the first-person shooters you see today. Instead of spray and pray we see this game requires more skill and aim, you rely on you're team to win, you can't just disapear, kill a few things and win like we see in COD instead the only way to win is with
    sold team work.

The mann-co economy update introduces hats which lets you customize you're character, the ability to trade in this game makes it really fun and gives it even more of a replay value.

This game is now FREE and I don't see any reason to why not download it and give it a try for yourself.

If you have a solid, good PC then this game is a MUST get.
  57. Oct 12, 2013
    Pretty fun game, and certainly addictive. The Characters have great personalities and a great sense of strategic game play. The community creates and shares a lot of new stuff, but it can be annoying when you find a F2P who will try to play like other games. Even if he knows the basics, he will still not care about the main point of the game: teamwork. (Which is essential to win). It´s free and you can play it without having to buy anything. Give it a try and see if you like it. Expand
  58. Oct 9, 2013
    It's a fun game, with dozens of maps to choose from and a variety of game modes. I more or less hate the fact that they add a gajillion hats in every update, and sometimes Valve even neglects bugs that have been wandering around annoying people for a long time. Despite these, the appeal is still in there, and I just can't stop playing I've played for 800 hours at this point! I don't understand why people hate the F2P aspect, and also why people like whining about more weapons. Despite this, I consider this a genuine novelty of Valve history and that it will live for more years to come, and is fun to play if you ignore the occasional mic spammer or 8-year old kid. Expand
  59. Oct 8, 2013
    Still the most fun you can have online and thats saying a lot, a very fun game and a very friendly community that is still going strong you will meet people in this game you will want to play with again. i have almost 2000 hours in this game and it is still one of my favorite games of all time. PLUS YOU GET UPDATES AND DLCS AND PATCHES EVERY FEW MONTHS THAT ADD MAPS,WEAPONS AND OTHER ITEMS FOR FREE! Expand
  60. Oct 8, 2013
    The easiest game to give a perfect 10 to. ever. Constant updates will constantly pull you back into this fantastic game that just keeps on giving. My favourite game by a mile.
  61. Oct 6, 2013
    I was offered TF2 by a friend back in 2009, and I totally fell in love with it; the graphics, the gameplay, the classes: everything was just perfect. We're now in 2013 and I'm still playing, this game is the most balanced and fun one I've ever played, definitely one of the best Online FPS around, everyone should try it. A personal favourite.
  62. Oct 5, 2013
    This game is definitely in my top 10 favorite video games. Sure, the hat collecting is pointless but it gives us a chance to customize our characters into wacky things. The game really wasn't supposed to be serious in the first place, just a fun competition between red and blue.
  63. Sep 29, 2013
    For a game released in 2007, TF2 is still great in many aspects. The cartoon-like graphical style still makes it look good even for now, and the constant updating of the game allows for the re-playable factor to remain for the 6 years since it's release. The whole surreal '70's action film' aspect of the classes is funny yet somewhat satirical, with the invisibility of the Spy, the double jump of the Scout, and the ability to explode yourself in different directions with the Soldier and Demoman. Yes the micro-transactions may have caused the game to lose its way a little, but you could say the same about Dota 2. Either way, not playing TF2 now it is F2P is cardinal sin in my eyes, so go and play it if you've never had the chance. Expand
  64. LHy
    Sep 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A very enjoyable experience with a great economy and a lot of things going for them, the hats I believe are 60% of the reason that people play this game, the economy is great, people love to "dress up" their characters, this game not only brings you that, but an amazing online experience. Expand
  65. Sep 27, 2013
    I am Free-to-Play.
    I say this everyday:

HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS
  66. Sep 25, 2013
    Valve has managed this game very well. Its success is reflected in how long it has stayed alive as a game relying solely on pvp. From a game mod to a great game, Team Fortress 2 doesn't give you repetitive first-person shooter game play, offering you several different modes of objectives, and different classes with different specializations to spice up the game. Valve also constantly updates the game, thus ensuring there will be new content, along with player-contributed mods and the like.
    Overall, great game to pick up, considering that its free and really enjoyable even to people like me who are not completely interested in first-person shooters.
  67. Sep 22, 2013
    It is the best Multi-player Team based FPS You can find.
    There is no bad aspect about it.
    i can't say anything more than that other than GET THIS GAME NOW.
  68. Sep 16, 2013
    while i don't think this is the greatest fps ever like some other people do, it's a good competitive multiplayer game. although my favorite part is the very well done co-op mode. there are varying classes which ensures that there'a a class that almost everyone will like, as well as weapons and crates that you can find.
  69. Sep 15, 2013
    I have played this game since 20-10, I stopped playing it because of Dota. Not saying that I started to get bored because of this game. Actually, this is the only on-line game I have played for 3 years. I love the characters. They have their own skill and style, in the game, my favourite character is spy, this is a very interesting character, in other fps gun games, the knife is not so important. I don't think you would use the knife when playing cso, ava...but valve create a character that need it, if you told the people you need knife in a gun game 10 years ago, they would send you to the hospital! But team fortress 2 change their views( I was one of them before). And in this game, team work is very important. Also, this game allows players to make their maps and their playing modes, for example zombie mode. Also I like the trailers, valve uses his heart to make this game, not only for earning money, they take care of the players! Many other games forget about it. They didn't care about the players, they just want money, and their result is fail. Team Fortress 2 did a good job on it. Only one small thing I think they should do better, it is that they should create more weapons. Because the numbers of weapon didn't increase a lot, and I hope it will change.
    Maybe valve will make team fortress 3 in the future! I am waiting for that day.
  70. Sep 13, 2013
    This game is just plain awesomeness. While some people will complain that the game is now a big economy, there is actually nothing that makes you have to trade. It's just a way to get items that would be hard to get otherwise. It's actually even a good point.
    TF2 is really fun, and lots of people already spent hundreds and thousands of hours on it. There is a reason. It just put the basis
    of class-based FPS games and never went down. It keeps evolving, without forgetting its basis. Even if a lot of content is added, it's only cosmetics, new maps or new weapons that offer new ways to play a class. It's all about keeping the game strong.
    And not only is the official content more than enough, there is plenty of fun mods that will entertain you when you get a bit bored of the game. Only to let you come back to the normal game again.
    There is nothing not to like about TF2.
  71. Sep 6, 2013
    The original TF2 was awesome, but Valve totally screwd the games with hats and needless things like that, also, the announcer of the game is just horrible! It is a old woman just trying to yell at the screen, nevertheless, I will say this game deserves a 6.
  72. Sep 1, 2013
    One of the best shooters I've ever played and its F2P and not like most F2P games ad supported or pay 2 win you can get all the weapons,hats and everything for free through deals promotions and crafting and the basic weapons still work just fine and the visual style is funny and entertaining
  73. Aug 26, 2013
    An amazing game, probably one of my top 5 FPS of all time. This game is content packed, as Valve keeps updating this game (which is awesome), lots of maps, items, and hats to find. I very well enjoy this game, and since it is F2P i recommend anybody to go get this game now!
  74. Aug 24, 2013
    I would give it a 10, but there are a small amount of problems. Things like the over-priced Mann. Co store, but you can always trade with other players. There's a huge amount of fun to be had, if you look carefully. With heaps of servers, people, and Valve constantly adding new things, there will always be something new to discover, and each time you start up the game will never be the same.
  75. Aug 23, 2013
    Okay this is going to be a long one... My Team Fortress 2 Review!
    Final Verdict Is te.. no, i must give this a fair review!

Okay lets start of with story: Two land hungry brothers want to take over their deceased father's land and what do they do? Do they Normally talk it out like family? Do they give a fair argument?
    No! One of the hires 9 mercenaries, but the other on stupidly also
    hires 9 mercenaries why didn't he get more?) to have war with each other, which most likely destroy the land but that's out of question. you have to use all 9 mercenaries or classes as they are called to fight and beat the living out of each other.
    Whew that was long but we have a lot more to go as we head into the presentation.
    The game surprisingly goes away from counter strike and cod and has a very cartoonish style of visuals.
    Some people hate these graphics but they are nothing (sorry to all people with that opinion i will give you cake). The game is a FPS With a very cartoony style of visuals, as stated before. And now my final rating is... no not yet because i have to go into Game play!
    Now this is when TF2 is different to other FPS's out on the market. I am a Cod Fan myself but there is one game with more originality and thats Tf2. Same game every year.. humph. Anyway As the steam page says or used to say its a war hat simulation-Valve" Its a very different game to others.
    There are nine classes you can choose from that play different from eachother. The nine classes are:
    Soldier,Pyro,Scout,Heavy,Demoman,Spy,Medic,Engineer and my personal favorite, The Sniper.
    Each one of them plays different from each other as i stated before.
    For example the Scout runs fast and can double jump, The Heavy Has a frickin' huge mini gun at his side and The Engineer has a sentry gun that he can lay down at his disposal. Valve, why are you so creative... that would give it a ten out of ten right there but i digress. One of the biggest things in TF2 is the customization, oh god its HUGE! You have hats, new weapons and even a balloon unicorn that follows you around, thats so cute!
    The loadouts are most likely different to everyone else's choice, but there are the DemoKnight, The Attack Engineer and there is even a jar of your own urine! Icant go on for any longer because i would break my fingers so i should wrap this up.
    Team Fortress 2 is an amazingly creative,fun and just a downright great experience.
    Also have i mentioned the the game is free, yeah you can download it from steam whenever you like.
    But don't get it on Xbox 360 or Ps3, they are quite s**t port i do say myself and they havent been updated since 2007 soo... get it on pc!
    My final rating that you have already seen is..... 10!
    Thankyou for reading my review and i hope, if you haven't play this game. But you would already be playing right? PLAY NOW!
  76. Aug 22, 2013
    Good game I will enjoy playing every once in a while. This game is free, there is no reason you shouldn't get it. It's a very balanced game, because anyone can choose any class they want and just have fun with whatever they get.
  77. Aug 22, 2013
    I started to play when this game was not Free to Play, and I have to say only one thing this game keeps its quality, even when everyone is running in weird painted hatwear.
  78. Aug 18, 2013
    The possibilities, the background story, the mechanics, the variation between classes...It feels like an amazing game. It is amazing. To top that, certain people you play with make the game even better. And despite the hat market and sudden desire to get something on top of your head, it is a truly satisfying experience playing on a server doing something to help your team out of trouble. I've known this for three years already and I am still going. Expand
  79. Aug 16, 2013
    I do enjoy this game, but I think has become overpowered with achievement idle servers. Achievement idle servers are servers were one team just stands there while the other kills them. Another thing is A lot of people spend to much money to over power themselves with useless hats. However, The Valve maps game modes and maps that are valve approved can be quite enjoyable.
  80. Aug 14, 2013
    Although I feel the game has deteriorated a bit from when I originally played it, I feel as though this sets the bar for first person shooters. It deviates from most cliche titles that constantly rinse and repeat the standard FPS formula. In order to like the game, you have to be good at it, which is why I feel like a lot less people are enjoying the game, due to their inexperience. I recommend new players to try a variety of maps and classes to truly get the best experience. Expand
  81. Aug 11, 2013
    the best free to play game it has great game play, it is always fixing up bugs and has a fairly balanced play style, guess it has an average community but no-one can blame valve for that,
  82. Aug 9, 2013
    It sure is a great game, the best free game available on the PC. However, the optimization is poor and you need a good PC. Also, I do not like the idea of promo's and an in-game economy, and if you even spend just 10 euros on this game, you will spend more on it later. It just pulls you in and never lets you out, unless you are strong enough.
  83. Aug 5, 2013
    Very Good game with a nice game play. What makes this game unique..its his large community, his great trade system, his unique weapons and his unique characters. This game is unique. Only disappointing thing is the hat simulator. At the beginning, this game was a great and unique warfare game and now hats and all his friends are taking over the real purpose of this game........war. I like the fact..that there's different hats for each class but now there's too much hats. People want more and more hats. They're forgetting the real thing in this game... but its still a good game. Expand
  84. Aug 2, 2013
    Are you dangerous like heavy, or coward like scout? Whatever your style tf2 is for you; plus it's free so why not? The decoration free weapon drops and all these features keeps you going on. Plus a Zombie like Mann vs. Machine mode!
  85. Jul 31, 2013
    A perfect team fps game. It's not just spawn, aim and shoot. You have to think, a lot. Tempo is rather slower compared to other fps games, but quality strategic gameplay is guaranteed. The game is also imbued with many small details ("meet the" videos, graphics, music sounds and voices). Man, this game is amazing. It takes some time to understand the underlying mechanics, but when you do you are going to play it a long long time. Plus the people there and community are fun too Expand
  86. Jul 31, 2013
    This game I rember Team Fortress 1 and WOW this game is.. where do I start the gameplay is balanced and classes have their weak points and strength points balanced easily and well. The game is FREE to play. It has at least 500 hours of gameplay. It has slick smart graphics that birthed the art design of dishounred and other games. Its replay value is awesome as you will be going on for 20 hours every day getting hats costumes and weapons. There are about 200 hats to buy and 100 costumes to buy and about 150 weapons to buy(also you can craft and you can unlock them insted of buying) but there are secret weapons ,costumes and hats and once you feel you have got them all which you probley have not there are strange very strange glendary and much more versions of an item at first this may seem stupid but since these are very rare this encourges trade another imploment to this game or you could just show off With quite literally 1000's of servers you'll wont be bored. There are unique gamemodes like capture the flag king of the hill and payload or the normal attack/defence. Payload is a fun gamemode where one team is trying to push the cart while others are trying to stop you and there is a payload race where both teams race to the end.TF2 consits of 9 classes 1. The Scout has low heath but is very fast and offencive and has a shotgun pistol and baseball bat 2. The soldier is slow but has a rocket launcher and can rocket jump he has a lot of heath and a shotgun and shovel 3. My favourite the Pyro this nifity guy has a good amount of health (just under the soldier) but is not slow yet not fast he has a flamethrower to check for spies when they are cloacked a comprossion blast to throw foes back and a fire axe Quickly so I just mention every charcter and class is voiced over and has there own jokes and tricks and taunts. 4. The Demoman is a heavy scottish drinker and has a grenade launcher a sticky grenade launcher bascially how this works is that this type of grenade sticks on to everything when you right click it blows up he also has a bottle of whisky 5. The Heavy he has a large Minigun a shot gun and boxing gloves he is very slow and has the most health in the game. 6. The engineer can make sentry and upgrade them he also can make dispencers that give health and upgrade that and he can upgrade and place teleporters he has a shotgun a pistol and a wrench 7.The Medic has a needle gun and can heal people by using the healing gun he also has a saw .8.The sniper has a very small amount amount of health but has a very powerful sniper rifle when he gets a headshot he kills instantley he also has an SMG and a machete 9. The spy can cloak and go invisble and when he back stabs he kills instantley he also has a revolver and he can look like to the other team like hes one of them but then he brings out the sapper a device that breaks any thing the engineer builds TF2 (Team Fortress 2 is the ultimate game and does nothing wrong every game should espically fps games) should want to be like TF2 Expand
  87. Jul 30, 2013
    One of the best Games of all time for sure. A very fun and unique shooter with cool mechanics and great teamplay. People who call this game or boring dont know much about shooters to be honest. Each class is a really funny, cool and interesting character with an unique and awesome personality. Youre not running around with an AK47 or M16, but with Syringe Guns and Sticky Bombs, its quite hilarious.

Sure, the game changed but its core is still the same. I played TF2 the very first time in 2008 and its basically still the same. Its not about Hats are whatever, its still about working as a team in order to beat the other one.

Whats wrong with the Hat-hating anyway? Youre not forced to buy anything and besides that its a fair system with mostly cosmetic items for sale. Weapons drop and are pretty much accessible for anyone.

Other than that, TF2 has an amazing fanbase and community. I also love all the fun gamemodes like Baloon Race, Prop Hunt or VS Saxton Hale. There is so much to see, this game usually never gets boring. When i look back, i had such a great time in this game until now.
  88. Jul 29, 2013
    This game is insanely fun. Easily one of the best online FPS out there. It's been out for a couple of years and I would still rather play it than most of the current gen shooters.
  89. Jul 29, 2013
    Considering the quality of this game and fact that its FREE team fortress 2 easily deserves a 10/10. Team fortress 2 is just FUN its easily accessible for new players and your rewarded with new equipment for putting time in. The new co-op maps are great fun and the community in general are much friendly than what you'll find on other games.
  90. Jul 28, 2013
    This game is fantastic, the perfect balance of all it's classes, and all the goofy characters, the fact that game is 5+ years old, and Valve is still working on it is amazing. I highly recommend it.
  91. Jul 28, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is perhaps the greatest first person shooter to ever be released! It has nine classes that are well balanced, even with the addition of new weapons, and have different abilities, such as the Spy who can cloak and get behind enemy lines or the Heavy who can clear a room full of enemies with the help of the trusty Medic. Hats have been added to the game to showcase the players preference in style, today in TF2, it is becoming more difficult to find two players in the same match wearing the same hat and misc items because hundreds of hats and miscs have been added to the game, allowing a wide range of customization. TF2's innovative game mode "Payload" gets my vote for best multiplayer game mode ever! It is a blast to play on any of the official maps (especially Goldrush and Thunder Mountain) and very rarely will get old. There is also CTF, CP, Attack/ defend CP and KOTH to choose from among other modes. This truly IS the most fun you can have on any game! Expand
  92. Jul 28, 2013
    This game isn't that bad, but isn't too good. Team fortress 2 has its ups and downs. The ups of TF2 is that the majority of the community play the game for what it is. Now while on the other hand trading is another thing that people do in this game they waste time in this game looking decent by wasting Money in the game to buy keys, hats and about anything else you can think of. People always think that having an unusual makes you better in this game, while that is just some When you get into trading you start wasting your time on unusual servers spending almost your entire day trying to sell your hat. Sometimes it can take up to 3 months just to sell a hat, now people are just ruining the game for what its really about. All people care about these days is hats and misc's and collections of hats and its just a disappointment.

But the only good thing about this game is that people will form a clan or a team and work together to capture the control point and do a bunch of other that you do in this game. I find that awesome it makes this game even better if you work as a team instead of trading while not really playing the game.
  93. Jul 28, 2013
    A brilliantly fun game that combines complex class mechanics with balanced gameplay for the ultimate FPS experience. It has a large, and growing competitive scene, with multiple tournaments and leagues in America, Europe, Asia and Australia. If you want something fun to play with your friends this is it. Oh, and of course there's the hats. There's ALWAYS the hats.
  94. Jul 22, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is a game that you want to get. There are numerous hats, outfits, weapons (guns, fists, flamethrowers, piss, etc.) and even strange weapons will count your kills on the certain weapon and rank up. There are thousands of maps and mods to choose from and the gameplay is just fun, and even 10x more enjoyable with your friends. It could get some fixing with the MAC users, but overall, it's a must have. Expand
  95. Jul 20, 2013
    Only a few words to describe:

Awesome
    Fantastic
    Funny

There are many Servers you can play on.This game has a big source of Game Modes.
    A good Community.
  96. Jul 20, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is one of the few games to this day that I can still fire up and just jump right into playing having as much fun as the first day I bought it. Cant get enough of this Hat simulator.
  97. Jul 17, 2013
    I played Team Fortress 2 for a very long time, I liked it..... until the update.... Hats, unbalanced weapons, not finished items, F2P............ 5 12 years old screaming on their mic or spamming the chat because they are mad. I see really much people that only care about virtual, pixelated hats. I mean, seriously? It's just a god damn hat... A virtual key that cost 2€? This game was good, now it's bad. The backburner is unbalanced, W+M1 pyro's. Side-stabbers, face-stabbers and the red-tape sapper spammer. I really agree with LolzMan, Krection, dallaen and DekoMan91. Go, people! Spend more money on virtual hats, virtual keys and all that stuff! I see trade spammers all over the server. This game is just about hats, hat simulator game. I give this game a 2/10. This game should be blocked, people waste all their money or virtual, pixelated hats or keys or name tags. Expand
  98. Jul 17, 2013
    For me this game is one of the best online FPS games of all time, it's certainly the most fun of them all. This is game developed by Valve and it amazingly well crafted and the classes complement each other. but I felt that some classes were over powered some examples are the sniper and the scout but if you play with your friends and each one as his own task I assure you will have a great time. I've been playing this game for a long time and the constants updates kept me playing. Although the game feels a bit unnatural at times I believe it is a normal feeling because of the graphic style it is very unique and it is one of it's great features. The crafting, the collectible hat and many variety of guns make the game feel more vast the many maps and game mods are a nice feature too.
    In conclusion play this game after all it's free
  99. Jul 16, 2013
    I got this game when it first came out and you had to pay for it. It was amazing then, and it is still amazing now, although I don't like all of the class updates they have added to this game (seems to have slightly unbalanced the perfect balance that the game had on release) .That being said, it is still really fun, and now it's FREE too.
  100. Jul 15, 2013
    best game ever ill use the words this game has guns crates hats evened out weapons custom maps cool classes always updateing a must play free expirenc for hard cour gamers and new gamers

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.