Team Fortress 2 PC

9.1

1. Mar 25, 2013
    By far my favorite game of all time. Every new drop/unlock makes the game that much more enjoyable. All 9 classes are so amazingly balanced that you never feel like your at a disadvantage. The creative game modes like Payload and Attack and Defend on equally creative maps keep the game fresh. It is clearly the king of the FPS, with literally nothing I can think of wrong with it.
  2. Mar 24, 2013
    This game sets the bar for what a multiplayer shooter should be done like. In this game there are 9 classes that fit different peoples play style if you get bored of one class switch to a different one. the tutorial is ok but it does not tell everything you need to know about the game and the practice mode with A.I enemy's is stupid because the bot A.I is just bad but if you get past theThis game sets the bar for what a multiplayer shooter should be done like. In this game there are 9 classes that fit different peoples play style if you get bored of one class switch to a different one. the tutorial is ok but it does not tell everything you need to know about the game and the practice mode with A.I enemy's is stupid because the bot A.I is just bad but if you get past the learning curve then this game is shooter heaven you must work as a team to win and the modes are alot different then your standard TDM and FFA and the graphics are cartoony which makes this game never look outdated and the characters all have personality and color and there is a separate co-op mode that makes the A.I robot versions of the characters non stupid it has its flaws but the flaws only last for the start and if you get past it you will not stop playing, Expand
  3. Mar 14, 2013
    This game is perfect. Variety of game modes, not pay-to-win, excellent graphics, 9 classes, and hats. Every class and game mode offers unique experience. Content still is added to game through free updates by Valve.
  4. Mar 12, 2013
    A game that every self respecting fps or any gamer on that matter should have in his/her collection, because it's an absolute blast. VALVe has once again crafted a masterpiece.
    Graphics and atmosphere: this game is an absolute eye candy, even to this day its distinct style and atmosphere gives it a unique personality. Sound effects and narration from ever mercenary are superb to say the least, the humor, the music and the way team members interact is a great way for player to be immersed into this world. (Oh, by the way, Pyro is a walking mystery)
    Gameplay: every mercenary has his own set of weapons, which makes match varied, interesting and most importantly balanced. Another absolutely brilliant thing is the way classes interact. Many attacks have their counter-attacks, which means that no class can be the most powerful or superior to other classes. For example engineers sentries can be considered to be the most powerful weapons in the game but if opponent is smart he/she can demolish your hard work by stabbing engi in the back, sapping the sentry, blowing it with sticky bombs or with sniper rifle out long range, or request help from medic and together they'll tear the apart with Uber. And that's the beauty of the game: variety and team work.
    If you like, you can check your stats of how well you've played in your account. Many servers supports Replay option, which let's you to rewatch moments of your battles in servers.
    Other.. stuff...: beside fun competitive gameplay there's also co-op, which will test your strategy, team work and skill against hordes of robotic copies of the mercenaries. Believe me, co-op is an absolute blast. Probably another key feature of what makes this game a great experience is its Mann-conomy, which is a built in trading system and shop of various items, most notably the hats and new weapons. You can buy hats with real money, or trade them with other people, or craft them or find them... And all of that still keeps the community to grow and act like a busy hive. (it's been about 6 years since TF2 has launched and the community is very active, again proving the ingenuity of Valve)
    Now here comes the fun part this whole package is absolutely free (except hats and trading until you go premium, but premium can cost you just about 30 cents) so it would be silly not to try it out.
  5. Mar 11, 2013
    Best F2P game ever! Firstly, you don't have to buy items -with real money- this game needs a teamwork. :D *MEDIIIIIIIIC*
    Classes are fair. You can spend a lot time in it.
  6. Mar 11, 2013
    This game can run on a surprisingly large range of computer types, making it very accessable. As a result, there are many servers to run on, and this game is addicting. The humor style is great, the fanbase/community is great, and the entire game is just a joy to play no matter how much you suck at it.
  7. Mar 9, 2013
    Not much to say about this masterpiece of a game except the recent choices it has made such as the mann-conomy, micro transactions, Free-2-Play and the other bogus, plaguing/plagued the game with lag, crashes, DRM delay, hitbox denials and one of the worst communities of all time. Yet I'm still playing it now over 2000 hours to count. Why? Because It's a fun game and I sincerely wish thatNot much to say about this masterpiece of a game except the recent choices it has made such as the mann-conomy, micro transactions, Free-2-Play and the other bogus, plaguing/plagued the game with lag, crashes, DRM delay, hitbox denials and one of the worst communities of all time. Yet I'm still playing it now over 2000 hours to count. Why? Because It's a fun game and I sincerely wish that more game developers would take after it's old ideals instead of pushing crap like CoD through the sneeze tubes that is the entertainment industry today. Expand
  8. Mar 6, 2013
    I've played it since inception. Free to play, designed by valve. No design flaws, perfectly refined. The item system is great. It makes money for valve/steam but at the same time, it doesn't put anyone else at an advantage. What's not to love?
  9. Feb 28, 2013
    Awesome Free2Play Multiplayer Shooter!
  10. Feb 23, 2013
    Good:Many classes,many weps,many maps,many game play modes and is an apsolute enjoyment to play.
    Bad:Some items at the Mann.co shop are way more expensive then they should be.
  11. Feb 9, 2013
    All that is needed to describe this game is three words: Addicting, fun, and intelligent. You will spend countless of hours playing this game and you will never reach the depth of fully understanding and mastering it. Most of all, this game is accessible to anyone who can run it on their computer. That's what makes this game so amazing. Defiantly in the run for Greatest Multipalyer Game ofAll that is needed to describe this game is three words: Addicting, fun, and intelligent. You will spend countless of hours playing this game and you will never reach the depth of fully understanding and mastering it. Most of all, this game is accessible to anyone who can run it on their computer. That's what makes this game so amazing. Defiantly in the run for Greatest Multipalyer Game of All Time. Expand
  12. Feb 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Team Fortress 2 is a great game that kept me playing for months. Honestly, i think that this game is among the best of the FPS genre. The classes are very well balanced, but medic can be overpowered at times. The trading system in this game is very unique, and i found myself bargaining for hats several hours past bedtime.
    Team Fortress 2 caters for both newbies and FPS veterans, in the sense that although TF2 is generally a casual game, it has a great competitive scene and a very high skill ceiling.
    The major flaw i found while playing this game was the lack of "progression". Although there are achievements, the game generally does not reward you for having spectacular aim, or getting 50 headshots in a row. Sometimes, i really feel ripped off when i get nothing when i completely own the opposing team, except some points on the scoreboard. Another flaw in the game is how the scoreboard works. The scoreboard should reset on every new game, because the current scores really only measure how long you've been on the server.
    Overall, TF2 is a great game that is certainly worth your time. It's definitely superior to Call of Duty, and many other FPS's out there
  13. Feb 1, 2013
    Honestly, I made a Metacritic account just so I could review this amazing game. I have been playing this game for about 2 years now, and I've gotta say, this game "iz da bomb." Amazing cel shaded art style, nine completely balanced classes with their own unique personality and race (I MEAN, YOU HAVE A BLACK SCOTTISH CYCLOPS AS A CHARACTER), amazing map design, balanced weapons, HATS!, anHonestly, I made a Metacritic account just so I could review this amazing game. I have been playing this game for about 2 years now, and I've gotta say, this game "iz da bomb." Amazing cel shaded art style, nine completely balanced classes with their own unique personality and race (I MEAN, YOU HAVE A BLACK SCOTTISH CYCLOPS AS A CHARACTER), amazing map design, balanced weapons, HATS!, an entertaining storyline in the form of comic books, the ability to survive more then 3 gun shots (I'm looking at you, CoD!) who wouldn't want to play a game like this? Despite the major complaints of "ooh, no mini-map"and "ooh, the graphics aren't realistic" this is the best fps ever. This isn't an opinion. THIS IS A FACT. This is the most wonderful, amazing, fantastic fps out there. I highly recommend that you try this game, and when you do, I humbly promise that you will not regret it. Expand
  14. Jan 30, 2013
    very good game. play it for hours on end :) give it two thumbs up! very good graphics, and gaming sounds. just need a few new weapons each month and it will be set to go!
  15. Jan 25, 2013
    I've been playing this game on and off since it went live, and I always come back to it. I don't think there's a single MMO/FPS out there which I've been playing for so many years without getting bored. Regardless of what bads say, this game does require skill, and skill does count. You will always notice certain people with much higher k/d ratios than others - repeatedly suiciding for 1I've been playing this game on and off since it went live, and I always come back to it. I don't think there's a single MMO/FPS out there which I've been playing for so many years without getting bored. Regardless of what bads say, this game does require skill, and skill does count. You will always notice certain people with much higher k/d ratios than others - repeatedly suiciding for 1 kill doesn't pay off. The addition of more weapons has been a benefit IMO, there are counters for everything, and if you do communicate with your fellow players, you can counter anything.

Even after all this time, the graphical style still pleases me. The graphics simply haven't dated. The characters are fantastic, and the most commonly used maps are sublime.

I have to say that I love this game and I'd pretty much rate it up there with the best games of all time.
  16. Jan 24, 2013
    The game is very cool. Many options, many weapons. The store system is cool, since you can just buy things in the store and use promptly or play the game and earn the stuff after a few hours of game play. I don't believe it is better than QCTF, but definitely a great game (I just miss grenades so much). I think the worse part of the game is a couple of stupid players in a few servers.
  17. Jan 21, 2013
    hatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshatshats
  18. Jan 20, 2013
    I think this game is excellent! You may never get bored! 9 classes to choose from! Each with an advantage and a disadvantage. Play as scout and use speed for offense! Be a soldier and blow people up from a distance! Be a Pyro and burn things! Be a Demo man to become a Demo-noob and use explosives and sticky bombs for surprise attacks or just for exploding! Be a heavy where power to theI think this game is excellent! You may never get bored! 9 classes to choose from! Each with an advantage and a disadvantage. Play as scout and use speed for offense! Be a soldier and blow people up from a distance! Be a Pyro and burn things! Be a Demo man to become a Demo-noob and use explosives and sticky bombs for surprise attacks or just for exploding! Be a heavy where power to the close range is your thing! Kill people fast while being a heavy tank! Be an engineer and build things, like a sentry, a very powerful guard! Be a Medic and heal people, uber charge them for best performances when ready! Be a sniper and, well its self explanatory. Finally, be a spy and confuse enemies by making you one of them as a trick! Capture flags, Control the King of the Hill, Push payloads, deliver the thingy into a rocket, fight to the death, and capture control points is what you can do! Fight with robots if that's more of your cup of tea. Took off a point because there are a lot of noobs, especially demo-noobs. I like this game, but it CAN get laggy. Expand
  19. Jan 19, 2013
    Sheer Fun! Its actually an FPS I actually like. Mastering classes is the best part. It'll never gets old. Loads of updates and unloackables are spectacle! Totally never gets boring. LOADS AND LOADS of maps! Good humor and even though its graphics engine isnt any ''new'' its good enough since the art style is awesome. The only, ONLY thing wrong is the people you play with. Most of them areSheer Fun! Its actually an FPS I actually like. Mastering classes is the best part. It'll never gets old. Loads of updates and unloackables are spectacle! Totally never gets boring. LOADS AND LOADS of maps! Good humor and even though its graphics engine isnt any ''new'' its good enough since the art style is awesome. The only, ONLY thing wrong is the people you play with. Most of them are morons who swear and ask for free items. The Trade is easy and helpful and the far too many technuiqes to use. Expand
  20. Jan 14, 2013
    This game is the best. i thought that TF2 was going to be just like TFC(team fortress classic). i was not disappointed when i saw that tf2 was way better than tfc. this is an awesome game. get it. 10 10 10 10 10
  21. Jan 13, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 has to be the most fun you will ever have. Nine characters - the scout, the soldier, the pyro, the demoman, the engineer, the heavy, the medic, the sniper, and my favorite, the spy. Anyone who does not have this game needs to get it right away, it's free. It's the best game I've ever played on steam, get it, play it, love it.
  22. Jan 12, 2013
    its good the graphic is kind of good but i still have problem with the game, why is it turn sideway when i play? ignore this : asdqefsdf s se fsef saefds awfdsa awdsa waefrdswe sawefdsawf sawfdsaw aswd
  23. Jan 10, 2013
    The cartoony graphics, characters and weapons make for a fun FPS experience. Something is always going on in TF2 and moments of boredom are rare. The player can choose to dress the 9 classes up with different (purely cosmetic) hats and misc. items and if he feels like giving his team a high-five, he can. A wide variety of weapons is always a good thing. The classes and weapons are veryThe cartoony graphics, characters and weapons make for a fun FPS experience. Something is always going on in TF2 and moments of boredom are rare. The player can choose to dress the 9 classes up with different (purely cosmetic) hats and misc. items and if he feels like giving his team a high-five, he can. A wide variety of weapons is always a good thing. The classes and weapons are very balanced which is quite impressive considering the amount of available weapons and he 9 vastly different classes. Kills are not that important, instead the game tries to guide you to help your team and what is remarkable is that in TF you can have a good life without killing a single person. You can't be MVP without being credit to team. Overall a great game. Expand
  24. Jan 9, 2013
    This game is amazing. I can't believe this game is so great, and it's only multiplayer. And the best part is that it's FREE! Sure, there are some people who buy the more advanced weapons, but cool thing is that you can earn the weapons. Unlike TDP4. This game is amazing.
  25. Jan 9, 2013
    This game can provide you mindless fun, or a very deep gameplay depending on what do you want. I've spent about 1000 hours on this game and it still feels fresh. Some users can be very annoying though, but this game it's one of my all-time favourites. The classes are balanced, and teamwork is essential. A game that you must play, overall, because it's completely free.
  26. Jan 8, 2013
    Incredible in every way. That, topped off with the fact that you can download it absolutely free, makes this a no-brainer to buy. If you don't already own this, download it, for free, from Steam now.
  27. Jan 5, 2013
    The perfect game, everything from the music to gameplay is pretty much 99.9% perfected.

Optimization of graphics - This isn't a **** console port, and you know valve.. they make games run well on all platforms. My $110 graphics card can max this game easily at 60+ FPS 1920x1080 resolution and the graphics are pretty good. Valve is not money grubbing, sure, they have microtransactions

Valve is not money grubbing, sure, they have microtransactions but it's not in your face or obnoxious. They do it in humurous ways that make you chuckle, and leave it as an option. They're only hats, after all. It's free to play now, they need a source of income and they're doing it right. I'd buy a hat if I had lots of money just to donate to valve for being awesome.

The characters all have their own personality and guns. There's a medic, an engineer, a sniper, etc. This game does everything right that others do wrong because it's not made by a money sucking piece of **** corporation like Treyarch or Activision. Call of Duty and all the other badly optimized console ports out there are what sets gaming back.
  28. Jan 5, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is the perfect combination of humor, intensity, and war. It has different scenarios to play for different people's game taste such as King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, Attack/Defense, and more. There are also a combination of different people to play which gives the game more variety. This is a very fun game and its free!
  29. Jan 2, 2013
    Some people think of TF2 as that game where people "hold down mouse one and go one a massacre". That's just Call of Duty in a nutshell. This game is a lot more complex than Call of Duty. It requires skill and teamwork. You most likely won't win a match with a majority of your team playing the same class. Each class assists each other in one way or another. Heavy throws down his Sandvich toSome people think of TF2 as that game where people "hold down mouse one and go one a massacre". That's just Call of Duty in a nutshell. This game is a lot more complex than Call of Duty. It requires skill and teamwork. You most likely won't win a match with a majority of your team playing the same class. Each class assists each other in one way or another. Heavy throws down his Sandvich to replenish one of his teammates health, while Sniper extinguishes flames with his Jarate (helps see those spies too.)-- the Scout having the same job if the user has mad milk equipped. This game comes in with an innocent expression on its face and some hats, and you learn the basics and then get into the advanced stuff. This game keeps itself hilarious, while having balanced and extremely addictive and fun gameplay. This is also free-to-play. I'd like you to download this game on Steam. Do not... I repeat... DO NOT Get The Orange Box for Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. Those include this game, but with stock/default loadouts and no extra content whatsoever. The best version for every Valve game, by far, is on PC. Expand
  30. Dec 30, 2012
    I guess writing my review for Team Fortress 2 is redundant. Is a great game and others before me have said it ad infinitum. But I feel an urge to express my opinions and this is it.
    Team Fortress is like a diamond which came out of mud, from the depths of the FPS world came a balanced, deep and funny game, a game which is the denial of every skill based game filled with leet players calling you noob, like COD or CS.
    It's like a cooperative chess, in the sense that no class is perfect in itself, always having disadvantages, depending on others and needing to fulfill a specific role in the team. Add to this a great visual design resembling the 70's and 60's- believe me, I work as a graphic designer- great typhography, great conceptual design, a whole culture, context and world behind the characters, a long learning curve... And you have endless hours of fun. The community of Team Fortress is alive and very participative in creating content.
    The only problem is that Team Fortress is haunted by it's FPS context and past, so when you enter a game and see that your team is made of 4 snipers and 3 spies, you know you are doomed, and you can image a 15 years old kid, thinking the games is all about aiming, being sneaky, or being the "best player", while your team is being raped over and over again. I sincerely propose that Valve one day cap the numbers of certain classes in teams or that classes are assigned randomly to players.
  31. Dec 30, 2012
    If you're not considering the community of this and just vanilla game play this would get a five or six out of ten for being a decent team shooter but doesn't keep me interested for long.However due to this game having so many different modes due to the community I keep playing and it gets an extra two marks.Well done Valve.
  32. Dec 23, 2012
    Absolutely awesome, so much better than cod and battlefield! The Heavy is especially epic! The humor, the action, the dlc and everything about this game makes it the best free to play game ever!
  33. Dec 22, 2012
    With over 250 hours of this to date since June 2012, this game became my go-to game for fun. Even though i must say that having premium is good, I loved it even before i bought items, having 200 of the 250 hours being played free. A terrific game with massive flexibility, it delivers on every level, from being challenging to play, to (unlike a lot of free-to-play games) excluding aWith over 250 hours of this to date since June 2012, this game became my go-to game for fun. Even though i must say that having premium is good, I loved it even before i bought items, having 200 of the 250 hours being played free. A terrific game with massive flexibility, it delivers on every level, from being challenging to play, to (unlike a lot of free-to-play games) excluding a pay-to-win aspect, as while some weapons may make you more powerful, the drop rates ensure that you will get the items you need to be on level ground with others, and all the weapons are balanced in such a way that makes it even more fair. This game never fails to deliver, no matter what I am looking for, from the default game modes to the community made game modes, there is always something new to try, and fun to have. I would pay good money for this game. The free-to-play aspect is just a bonus. Expand
  34. Dec 22, 2012
    I don't normally give games 10's. It's not something I do casually. But after considering the fact that I can't think of a single significant thing I would change about TF2, and noticing that I've spent over 800 hours on it with no sign of stopping I really can't give it anything else.

It's really fun to play casually, I relax with TF2 when I'm stressed. It's fun to play more seriously because it's surprisingly deep. The classes are well balanced and distinct from each other. The graphical style is fantastic. It's not just pretty it's well designed from a utility perspective. For example every class has a unique sillouete that's instantly recognizable. This makes understanding what's going on in frantic firefights, and they're always frantic, very easy. Every facet of the game has that kind of polish and thought put into it.

Unlike some online games *cough* L4D2 *cough* the community is mostly friendly and tolerant. It's rare to see players kicked for no good reason and people aren't prone to rage every time something goes wrong. If the teams are seriously unbalanced more often then not the team with the advantage will vote in favor of a team scramble to even things out. I realize that isn't part of the literal game but I think it's important to mention about a title that's completely multiplayer based. TF2 is made more fun to play by the fact that the average TF2 player is not a total jerk.
  35. Dec 19, 2012
    I think this game is too good to be for free. It's highly addicting and original to the max. It updates very often... you just have to play it to understand just how great the updates are. And the deals, oh the deals! Valve is just too generous.
  36. Dec 16, 2012
    One of the best multiplayers of all time. The characters and art style of the game are all done with absolute perfection. The "Meet the" videos have the same amount of perfection. The gameplay and all classes are packed to the brim with pure fun. The additional content this game received over the years are both good and bad. Good, because the variety adds to the fun and addiction levels toOne of the best multiplayers of all time. The characters and art style of the game are all done with absolute perfection. The "Meet the" videos have the same amount of perfection. The gameplay and all classes are packed to the brim with pure fun. The additional content this game received over the years are both good and bad. Good, because the variety adds to the fun and addiction levels to this game, and help create new playstyles. And bad, because the extra addition of the weapons can cause more and more balance problems that could take a long time to fix. If you enjoy the unlock/hat trading economy as well, this game has that too. Expand
  37. Dec 11, 2012
    The game has changed drastically since launch and there are a lot of OPINIONS about it. It's free to play now and after years of updates there are tons of official maps and game modes on top of all the community made content. The core gameplay is solid with "vanilla"/no-crit servers available if the hats and new weapons bother you so much. With tons of player customization options and userThe game has changed drastically since launch and there are a lot of OPINIONS about it. It's free to play now and after years of updates there are tons of official maps and game modes on top of all the community made content. The core gameplay is solid with "vanilla"/no-crit servers available if the hats and new weapons bother you so much. With tons of player customization options and user made content, this is my favorite non-"brown 'n' bloom" FPS on the market. Expand
  38. Dec 9, 2012
    This is, by far, the most balanced multiplayer game I have ever played in my life. Add in a cartoonish art design, 9 likable characters with their own unique skills and personalities, an unfathomable amount of items, the longest list of achievements for any Steam title, make it free to play, and what you get is the most incredible concoction ever imagined. It has yet to be triumphed, letThis is, by far, the most balanced multiplayer game I have ever played in my life. Add in a cartoonish art design, 9 likable characters with their own unique skills and personalities, an unfathomable amount of items, the longest list of achievements for any Steam title, make it free to play, and what you get is the most incredible concoction ever imagined. It has yet to be triumphed, let alone matched, by any other multiplayer title, even after 5 years. Forget every other rage-inducing, mindless shooter, this game is king, and should be treasured for how brilliant and well-polished it is. Expand
  39. Dec 6, 2012
    This game is perfect. it outmatches a lot of other FPS Games out there. and the best thing about this game is that it's free. Valve keeps the game really up to date to. This is probably one of the most addicting games i've ever played. i just couldn't stop playing...
  40. Dec 4, 2012
    this is really good game for all people who love fps games. and VALVE should keep updating to make the game more exciting. and please don't make a Team Fortress 3
  41. Dec 2, 2012
    IF I was rating this game if it came out today with all of the hats I would give it a much lower rating, maybe a 6. However, in 2007, when the game came out this game was pure gold, there was so much polish that you would get blinded by the amount of time they put in this game (9 years in development) The game has unfortunately lost a lot of polish (hence the 9) and has gained a badIF I was rating this game if it came out today with all of the hats I would give it a much lower rating, maybe a 6. However, in 2007, when the game came out this game was pure gold, there was so much polish that you would get blinded by the amount of time they put in this game (9 years in development) The game has unfortunately lost a lot of polish (hence the 9) and has gained a bad reputation as a "hat simulator" however if you look past all of the hats and look at the actually game-play you will be delighted to see that it isn't a point and click adventure but instead a game which every class (not all of the new weapons though) is balanced perfectly, and can be credit to the team and doesn't give you the feeling that your class is useless. The best part about this game is that it is replay-able to the point where you question where those 100+ hours went. It also has graphics which don't require a supercomputer to play it (you do need a computer with some power, and might need to lower the graphics, but at least it isn't like BF3) In short, this game was amazing when it came out, and is still pretty good, but it has turned into a big fashion show with guns. Expand
  42. Nov 29, 2012
    This game is fun, no doubt about it. I like the way that there are many different classes (9 to be exact) which has different equipment, requiring different strategies and techniques to excel in the game, giving players a chance to experience different methods to play the game. Although many people are troubled that its not the same as COD or Halo, but who cares? Not every game must haveThis game is fun, no doubt about it. I like the way that there are many different classes (9 to be exact) which has different equipment, requiring different strategies and techniques to excel in the game, giving players a chance to experience different methods to play the game. Although many people are troubled that its not the same as COD or Halo, but who cares? Not every game must have the same gaming system.

Whats more interesting? I like all the events and different accessories you can put on your team, which most games do not establish this. The trading system gets so popular now and its perhaps one of the few main things that TF2 differs from other popular games. TF2 is free, exciting, and really fun to play. Overall, the Multi-player and Co-op games are good, making the game feel enjoyable despite the fact that you may be doing the same thing over and over again. TF2 has also a wide variety of games, instead of just Capture the Flag, Base Defending, etc.

This game, my advice, is a MUST to play.
  43. Nov 25, 2012
    Simply put. The best online multyplayer shooter ever created. The box says it all: "the most fun you can have online". (*valve delivers*). The simple fact that they are still giving it major updates even five years after release, tells you all you need to know...
  44. Nov 22, 2012
    This game is an ABSOLUTE must have. I have owned it since it's release, and it's quite a hoot. Dieing is not too punishing, and teamwork is a must in this game. It's very relaxed, and very rarely do people get mad playing it. The graphics are fun, not attempting to be extraordinary. The one and only thing I can find wrong with this game is the Mann Co store. It has gotten quite out ofThis game is an ABSOLUTE must have. I have owned it since it's release, and it's quite a hoot. Dieing is not too punishing, and teamwork is a must in this game. It's very relaxed, and very rarely do people get mad playing it. The graphics are fun, not attempting to be extraordinary. The one and only thing I can find wrong with this game is the Mann Co store. It has gotten quite out of hand, leaving players scrambling to find hats that provide no value to the game. Besides this, it is constantly being updated and nurtured. Many new game modes have arrived since release and the game is constantly being modified by the community, making the game highly re-playable. Expand
  45. Nov 20, 2012
    Greatest game of all time. You can spend up to 10,000 hours and still be addictive.
  46. Nov 19, 2012
    I am playing this game since December 2008 and all I have to say is: go play it. This is the best (now free to play!) game since Quake 3 Arena. Give it a go!
  47. Nov 15, 2012
    the best game you can buy for free. some may say that it's turned into a hat simulator but if you don't focus on that you will have the most fun fps experience in your life. no really go and download steam and get it. you won't be disappointed
  48. Nov 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Team Fortress 2 is one of the excited games I know! It`s a co-op multiplayer game too play on different types. I mean that Team Fortress 2 is a very funny game and a premium is that you can get more than 400 awards on Steam. Like! Expand
  49. Nov 5, 2012
    Team Fortress 2 is a load of fun to play. The cartoony feel and personas given to each class really adds to the feel of the game. The classes are for the most part balanced, each class having their specific strengths and weaknesses. Although that being said many classes seem to be far more useful most of the time. Another downside to this unique combat system is the learning curve, manyTeam Fortress 2 is a load of fun to play. The cartoony feel and personas given to each class really adds to the feel of the game. The classes are for the most part balanced, each class having their specific strengths and weaknesses. Although that being said many classes seem to be far more useful most of the time. Another downside to this unique combat system is the learning curve, many skills obtained from playing generic FPS games do not transition well, which may frustrate new players. This however, is counterbalanced by the overall casual environment created by the game. I mean how seriously can you take a game who's economy is based around hats? Expand
  50. Oct 12, 2012
    I bought this game in the Orange Box a long time ago, but kind of forgot it. I'm glad I recently decided to give it a shot. This game is the real thing. Nice graphics and gameplay, well-balanced classes, lots of cool items and weapons, a very strong community. Fantastic!
  51. Oct 8, 2012
    wow, where can i start? its free, and fun, and funny, and its by valve. one of the best PC games ever made, probebly the best multiplayer ever made, or at least the free one. i just cant say anything else, its just a master peace, bravo valve you did it again!
  52. Sep 28, 2012
    The originality and style of the game makes it timeless and enjoyable for most gamers. This game adds so many new guns and even new game modes and all of it FOR FREE. If this was made by E.A. or Activision, it would cost you $20 per update. Valve, like always, has out done themselves
  53. Sep 27, 2012
    I gave this a 9/10 simply because there is no Free For All. I started seriously playing PC fpses back in 2007, and COD4 had just been released so I went crazy over the Free for all mode. However, I bought TF2 in the beginning of summer 2009 for $20 and it was honestly the biggest bang for my buck I have EVER gotten (and now it is F2P). If you don't even try this game... wow. MostI gave this a 9/10 simply because there is no Free For All. I started seriously playing PC fpses back in 2007, and COD4 had just been released so I went crazy over the Free for all mode. However, I bought TF2 in the beginning of summer 2009 for $20 and it was honestly the biggest bang for my buck I have EVER gotten (and now it is F2P). If you don't even try this game... wow. Most unique FPS ever. Expand
  54. Sep 24, 2012
    This game is totally awesome. I am not really a huge fan of multiplayer games, but this, this is different. I have never played a game like this before. Truly worth looking at. And the best part is, it's FREE on steam, which is also FREE. If i don't seem to encourage you, go youtube meet the scout, or meet the pyro, or whatever, JUST GET IT. PERIOD.
  55. Sep 23, 2012
    I'm never a fan of Multiplayer games. But this game just blows everything away. I always get bored of games eventually. However with the games updates I can keep coming back to it year after year... Plus it's free! So what are you doing? Get downloading!
  56. Sep 22, 2012
    Best of the best game! With out comments! The most highly regarded free game in history!
    As one of the most popular multiplayer action games of all time, Team Fortress 2 is constantly evolving with ongoing free updates, with whom in the game, new game modes, maps, items, and, most importantly, hats. Nine game classes will open access to many different tactics.
  57. Sep 20, 2012
    Those who say there is no depth of play are either plain stupid or made that comment to early. When the game was released back in 2007, I would give it a 9/10, but now after all these improvements this is definitively a 10/10 - Valve did a great job on this game making it fun for the regular player and tactical, skill-based and team-dependant for the enthusiast gamer. One of the bestThose who say there is no depth of play are either plain stupid or made that comment to early. When the game was released back in 2007, I would give it a 9/10, but now after all these improvements this is definitively a 10/10 - Valve did a great job on this game making it fun for the regular player and tactical, skill-based and team-dependant for the enthusiast gamer. One of the best competitive game so far and one of the best fictional game worlds ever created. And of course - HATS. Expand
  58. Sep 19, 2012
    This game has so many qualities but the main one that stands out about TF2 is it is the most successful example of combining multiple, completely different gaming styles into one game.
  59. Sep 17, 2012
    TF2 is an amazing game that has so much stuff in it! Trading, crafting, purchasing (Although I don't really do that). Possibly the best thing is stranges. They count your kills and level up and every person you kill shows what level like positively inhumane minigun. There are 9 classes, which I thought some would be OP and others terrible but they are all even. Heavy is susceptible to spysTF2 is an amazing game that has so much stuff in it! Trading, crafting, purchasing (Although I don't really do that). Possibly the best thing is stranges. They count your kills and level up and every person you kill shows what level like positively inhumane minigun. There are 9 classes, which I thought some would be OP and others terrible but they are all even. Heavy is susceptible to spys and snipers, but can own some other classes. It's free if you want but you can get premium if you want which allows better drops. Expand
  60. Sep 2, 2012
    Team Fortress 2 is the greatest multiplayer game ever made. It isn't easy for me to make a statement like that, but it is true. With 1,085.9 hours clocked in since October of 2007, I have played more of TF2 than any other game I've played at least 4 times over, and I don't see any end in sight. Valve has done a fantastic job constantly updating the game, and still stand as the only Free toTeam Fortress 2 is the greatest multiplayer game ever made. It isn't easy for me to make a statement like that, but it is true. With 1,085.9 hours clocked in since October of 2007, I have played more of TF2 than any other game I've played at least 4 times over, and I don't see any end in sight. Valve has done a fantastic job constantly updating the game, and still stand as the only Free to Play game done right. I've never bought a single item in the game and yet I'm swimming in hats and weapons. The recent introduction of Mann Vs. Machine, a co-op gamemode, was pretty much a stroke of genius on Valve's part. Despite a few balancing issues, It fits so seamlessly into the game, it almost feels like Valve had intended it from the beginning. Each class has their own distinctive role and style of play,. That fact along with custom maps add the possibility of sinking hundreds of hours into this gamemode alone. If TF2 had a price tag, it would be known as the gaming bargain of a lifetime. Without a price tag, it is the most foolish mistake any FPS fan could make to pass on. I can't see how anybody could pick up TF2 and not have at least a bit of fun. There is no other game quite like it. I can't see myself getting my multiplayer fix from any other game in a long, long time. Expand
  61. Aug 31, 2012
    Just amazing!
    I just keep playing and exacly when I get bored, BAM a new spectacular update
    If it keeps that way, I think this is one of those games ill just keep playing forever The best of it... ITS ORIGINAL Have you seen a GOOD humoristic shooter? NO! What I like about this shooter is that its not your everyday regular shooter, that you get bored when you finish a campain or gain
    Just amazing!
    I just keep playing and exacly when I get bored, BAM a new spectacular update
    The best of it...
    ITS ORIGINAL
    everyday regular shooter, that you get bored when you finish a campain or gain levels
    Nope! tf2 has no campain, Levels are Hats and you never get bored
  62. Aug 29, 2012
    Since Mann vs. Machine is out, I think it's time for a re-review of TF2. In case you don't already know; Team Fortress 2 is a competitive online shooter with wonderful cartoon visuals, engaging class-based teamplay and is still more fun than most other online shooters. The MvM update adds a fairly substantial co-op mode in which you team up with four others to stop robots from deploying aSince Mann vs. Machine is out, I think it's time for a re-review of TF2. In case you don't already know; Team Fortress 2 is a competitive online shooter with wonderful cartoon visuals, engaging class-based teamplay and is still more fun than most other online shooters. The MvM update adds a fairly substantial co-op mode in which you team up with four others to stop robots from deploying a bomb to your base, so it's basically an elaborate form of tower defence. Like the main game, MvM never ceases to be entertaining even whilst your team is getting repeatedly ground into the dirt. The game is also free, so unless you're paranoid about disk space, then Team Fortress 2 is a no-brainer, even if you're not into online shooting games. Expand
  63. Aug 27, 2012
    This is one of the best games i ever played. I looked at the negative reviews and it seems lots of people complain that they dont get hats right away or believe the hats make other people better. They complain about being bad and saying theres no balance when there really is just gotta pay attention and know what you're doing.
    Give this game a try. All the extra weapons arent better just
    Give this game a try. All the extra weapons arent better just go with play styles so try them out and have fun. And a tip: The 2 keys you'll probably buy to become premium can be used to get most of the game weapons or get a hat and 3 stranges for the class you'll mostly like use as your main one and some weapons you'll use in the game as you find drops. Tf2 official wiki and tf2 spreadsheet a great resource of information and pricing.
  64. Aug 26, 2012
    The BEST fps ever! Back in Beta (2006) it was one of a kind, unique.And the graphics are still good for a 6 year old game! Many copied the game. but there's only one TF2! ( Games similar (COPIED) Micro Volts, Final Combat, Battlefield Heroes) Now any of you who hate it, you...probably spent your life playing COD, Roblox, Runescape.
  65. Aug 21, 2012
    I absolutely love this game, it brought action together with comedy very well, being addicted to the game at one point I foolishly spent £40 in their Mann.Co store for extra items, however trading these items over a long period of time has allowed me to get £120 worth of games through steam trading.
  66. Aug 17, 2012
    This game is really good and I can see why people go 10 though the downfall to it is the community. This isn't really valve's fault though, but it doesn't help when little kids mic spam for new items instead of playing the game and a flood of Achievement, trading and Idling servers are always on the list or the fact that 25% actually play has a team. Kinda leads to a stall in an otherwiseThis game is really good and I can see why people go 10 though the downfall to it is the community. This isn't really valve's fault though, but it doesn't help when little kids mic spam for new items instead of playing the game and a flood of Achievement, trading and Idling servers are always on the list or the fact that 25% actually play has a team. Kinda leads to a stall in an otherwise fun game after a while and somewhat frustrating when you get spawn camped with sentry guns waiting outside. The only reason why I don't give it a 0 is because I actually vote based on my own opinion and not go "Hey look, people voted 10 for a game which I think is terrible because there is no grenades and assault rifles in the game. I think i'll give a 0 because of that" Expand
  67. Aug 16, 2012
    with endless amount of replay value, cartoonishly vibrant '60s themed outfits and map development, hilarious character classes that are all unique and finely balanced on scale, loads of new updates to improve the game, and now that the game is FREE, for life, makes this game even more worthwhile to play. There are plenty maps to choose from, plenty of game modes to play on, so many optionswith endless amount of replay value, cartoonishly vibrant '60s themed outfits and map development, hilarious character classes that are all unique and finely balanced on scale, loads of new updates to improve the game, and now that the game is FREE, for life, makes this game even more worthwhile to play. There are plenty maps to choose from, plenty of game modes to play on, so many options to choose from a always free game, Team Fortress 2 defines how a FPS shooter can be loads of fun as well as entertaining. Expand
  68. Aug 1, 2012
    The finest example of what most multiplayer games should be and what games nowadays should try to be like. Fun. Most games today are trying to be realistic , something video games shouldn't be all about . What team fortress 2 does is breaks most rules of physics and logic and creates a fun, balanced, multiplayer fps that updates regularly. Not to mention it is free (although many wouldThe finest example of what most multiplayer games should be and what games nowadays should try to be like. Fun. Most games today are trying to be realistic , something video games shouldn't be all about . What team fortress 2 does is breaks most rules of physics and logic and creates a fun, balanced, multiplayer fps that updates regularly. Not to mention it is free (although many would say it is a bad thing) so if you have a fast, working Pc/Mac this game is a must. Expand
  69. Jul 28, 2012
    Overall it is a brilliantly designed game. It is not your average FPS. Team Fortress 2 offers a variety of characters, each with completely different specializations, weapons, visual aspects and personalities. It combines fictional aspects, humor and "toony" looks for various reasons. Many other first person shooters have an in-game shop that usually includes stronger weapons and itemsOverall it is a brilliantly designed game. It is not your average FPS. Team Fortress 2 offers a variety of characters, each with completely different specializations, weapons, visual aspects and personalities. It combines fictional aspects, humor and "toony" looks for various reasons. Many other first person shooters have an in-game shop that usually includes stronger weapons and items that you must have to be successful. Team Fortress 2, also known as TF2 provides a shop that merely contains extra items that add effects to your character or help you to obtain weapons that can usually be obtained in-game either by picking them up, trading or crafting them yourself. Team Fortress 2 is based around balance. Nothing is "the best," everything is based around different tasks a player may need to complete. Each character has specific roles that are more successful when used in the right place, at the right time. Every weapon is unique, some have special abilities with a cost to offset the ability's potency. The graphics are cartoonish to add humor and allow even the slowest of computers to play it smoothly. Everything in TF2 has humor. TF2 adds humor, such as pyroland. Pyroland was recently released as a part of the Pyro storyline. It is a cheerful alteration to TF2, featuring brightly colored maps with candyland like aspects. Pyroland also features players with high pitched voices, new weapons and gear, and new word spoofs like "DOMINATION" is now "BEST FRIENDS". I personally think this is the best fps I've ever played because of its unique comedy, balance, and game-play. Expand
  70. Jul 22, 2012
    This game is amazing! I've played this for months now and it's still not boring. The humour, the cartoon-ish look... everything! I recommend this game.
  71. Jul 21, 2012
    This game is amazing. I don't know how to put it in any other way. It's also free, so there's no risk trying it out. Sure, one may argue that hats have ruined TF2, but I think that hats aren't enough to ruin something as big as this. If you don't like hats, don't wear them. As for everyone else, get this game.
  72. Jul 17, 2012
    At first I was hesitant about this game for how minimalistic it was compared to TFC, however it quickly grew on me. The game is far more balanced than its predecessor, and boy is this one well polished multiplayer FPS. At free-ninety-nine the price is more than right for this game, and they've done an excellent job of not making new items overpowered than any of the originals. All theAt first I was hesitant about this game for how minimalistic it was compared to TFC, however it quickly grew on me. The game is far more balanced than its predecessor, and boy is this one well polished multiplayer FPS. At free-ninety-nine the price is more than right for this game, and they've done an excellent job of not making new items overpowered than any of the originals. All the classes and item layouts are extremely well balanced for how much variety there is, the gameplay is tight as hell and smooth as butter. Map designs are good but not great, with the exception of Payload maps which are excellent. My one qualm with this game is the crates - 2.50 for a **** key? Give me a break!! You can buy most of the items that you directly want for .50-1.00, but to open a crate which gives a completely random chance of getting the item you want (more often than not you don't get it). 2.50 for 10 keys seems like a much more logical deal. Oh well though, the game is in my opinion the best multiplayer experience as far as FPS goes at the moment, with no games in sight overtaking it in the foreseeable future. It's the starcraft 2 of FPS multiplayer, it's that good. Expand
  73. Jul 16, 2012
    You might be a bit confused by me giving this game a 7 (it may not actually say 7, cuz it wouldnt stay that way when i clicked submit. My true review score is 7/10) when I tell you that this is my favorite game in the entire world. I read through at least a few dozen negative reviews and realized that a lot of them brought up very good points. I got this game back in 2009, only shortlyYou might be a bit confused by me giving this game a 7 (it may not actually say 7, cuz it wouldnt stay that way when i clicked submit. My true review score is 7/10) when I tell you that this is my favorite game in the entire world. I read through at least a few dozen negative reviews and realized that a lot of them brought up very good points. I got this game back in 2009, only shortly before it went F2P. At first, I was kicking myself for not waiting another few months to get it. I still feel that way to this day. But after reading so many reviews complaining about "whiny little kids".........I realized that they we right. The **** that people will buy on the steam store turns them invincible. Amd when they die, they always, and I mean ALWAYS, scream their **** lungs off. Now I'm GLAD I got a few months free of whining and being destroyed by a demo night. It ruins the game. And while I still love it more than any other game, I admit it has been hurt DRASTICALLY by becoming F2P. I'm almost pleading valve to either make you pay for it again, nerf the weapons, or both. I hope you guys take what I said into consideration. Nonetheless, I highly recommend the game if you're looking for a wild good time, where you can get decapitated with a golf club and not question how. :) Expand
  74. Jul 14, 2012
    Its the perfect semi-casual shooter that you can play every day or once a month and still get great enjoyment out of it. For everything that this game offers for FREE, it is hard to beat. One of my all time favorites.
  75. Jul 10, 2012
    This is by far the best competitive FPS out there, after all these years it stays fresh and original, it takes more skill than your standard FPS. The games art style is beautiful and even though some people think that ridiculous hats ruin the style it'll take a bit more than that to make this game look bad. Despite the lack of a story this games characters each have their own personalitiesThis is by far the best competitive FPS out there, after all these years it stays fresh and original, it takes more skill than your standard FPS. The games art style is beautiful and even though some people think that ridiculous hats ruin the style it'll take a bit more than that to make this game look bad. Despite the lack of a story this games characters each have their own personalities to them, each of them humorous in their own way. Anyone who thinks this game is bad either isn't a fan of FPS games or is just straight out bad at it. Expand
  76. DME
    Jul 10, 2012
    Team Fortress 2 has gotten a really bad rep for making some huge mistakes. However, these mistakes have been resolved. All weapons are balanced again, including the unlockable ones. Cosmetics do not drastically change the appearance of a player. Players no longer trade things in the middle of a match and are actually playing objectively now. Spies can no longer attack while invisible.Team Fortress 2 has gotten a really bad rep for making some huge mistakes. However, these mistakes have been resolved. All weapons are balanced again, including the unlockable ones. Cosmetics do not drastically change the appearance of a player. Players no longer trade things in the middle of a match and are actually playing objectively now. Spies can no longer attack while invisible. And the biggest part, there's no longer massive updates every week. So you can spend more time playing and less time downloading things. With all these fixes, TF2 is an amazing and deep strategic shooter with lots of content, servers, and players, yet surprisingly remains hacker-free. Expand
  77. Jul 8, 2012
    It took a lot of time to download this game but it was definitely worth the wait. It's a great multiplayer experiece. There are nine different characters to choose from with their own abilities and weapons. It is important that you and your team works together, a fully functional team consist of all the characters. Through the game you obtain random items such as weapons and hats to equipIt took a lot of time to download this game but it was definitely worth the wait. It's a great multiplayer experiece. There are nine different characters to choose from with their own abilities and weapons. It is important that you and your team works together, a fully functional team consist of all the characters. Through the game you obtain random items such as weapons and hats to equip your characters, you can also craft your own weapons by using weapons you have. The game is fun and it is impossible not to enjoy it. There are different kind of modes to play with your friends where teamwork means everything. The characters are all unique and funny. Expand
  78. Jul 2, 2012
    This game is one of my favorites, and by far one of the most amazing first person shooters of all time. Im never bored and spend way too much time playing, it's also insanely addictive. If I get tired of one character theres 8 more behind him, and each character is fun and serves credit to the team. In a red vs blue battle you play as the: heavy with big weapons, scout who's fast, a medicThis game is one of my favorites, and by far one of the most amazing first person shooters of all time. Im never bored and spend way too much time playing, it's also insanely addictive. If I get tired of one character theres 8 more behind him, and each character is fun and serves credit to the team. In a red vs blue battle you play as the: heavy with big weapons, scout who's fast, a medic who heals, a engineer who builds machines, a demo man, sniper, spy who can disguise as players on the other team, a pyro with a flamethrower, and a soldier with a rocket launcher. Theres no campaign, and as of right now there is 8 different game modes. This game rocks, and you can't pass it up. Expand
  79. Jul 2, 2012
    This game is Perfect, And it gets better every time valve update it.

Graphics-10/10 Gameplay-11/10 Re-playability-100/10 It was the best game in 2007 and it still is now! Continuous updates, huge community, huge eco-system and now it's FREE! Just a note to some reviewers here, giving the game a low score because you want a refund because it's free now is a lame excuse, I've put
    This game is Perfect, And it gets better every time valve update it.

Graphics-10/10
    Gameplay-11/10
    Re-playability-100/10

Just a note to some reviewers here, giving the game a low score because you want a refund because it's free now is a lame excuse, I've put about £70 in total into this game since I bought it in 2007 and i never want a single penny to be refunded as this game was worth every penny.

If i could i'd give it 1000000/10, but sadly metacritic only lets me go to 10 :')
  80. Jun 27, 2012
    It might not be for people who like realistic games, but I reccomend it to anyone who enjoys fast paced, and quick gun combat.. Constant updates keep fans engaged. Get 3 friends and get to building a better way to play this game.
  81. Jun 24, 2012
    TF2 is one of the funnest games on PC with near-endless replay value. It keeps making me want to come back to play it! I don't see it as a serious game at all, just a game where I can have fun, which is what made the updates so effective to me. People complain about the fact that the updates ruined the game, but I disagree. At least they CARE about the community and add items which youTF2 is one of the funnest games on PC with near-endless replay value. It keeps making me want to come back to play it! I don't see it as a serious game at all, just a game where I can have fun, which is what made the updates so effective to me. People complain about the fact that the updates ruined the game, but I disagree. At least they CARE about the community and add items which you DON'T have to buy. Another point is that the game is VERY balanced and Valve try to make each weapon have its unique disadvantages that can be countered by another weapon. Because of each class being balanced and having it's unique weakness I feel as is TF2 is a very skillful game that makes you focus on what class to choose with what weapon in order to counter the opposing team and win. There are a couple of bad points to the game however. One is that Valve made specific items buy-able only, and seeing as the prices of nearly EVERY item in the shop are outrageous (I mean £3.50 to change the name of a weapon?!? and £2 to change its colour?!?). One of the reasons for the outrageous prices may be the fact that the game is now free to play, so it may be a little difficult to make profits. Another little flaw to the game is its critical hit system, as it takes A lot of skill out of the game. Expand
  82. Jun 21, 2012
    When it comes to the average first person shooter, Team Fortress 2 is really unique. It isn't like most first person shooters where you just pump your enemies full of lead. It has a lot more content and mechanics involved, in addition to having many gamemodes. The classes are all different and for the most part balanced. You can choose a swift class, the Scout, to complete objectives suchWhen it comes to the average first person shooter, Team Fortress 2 is really unique. It isn't like most first person shooters where you just pump your enemies full of lead. It has a lot more content and mechanics involved, in addition to having many gamemodes. The classes are all different and for the most part balanced. You can choose a swift class, the Scout, to complete objectives such as capturing the flag or capturing a point. You can choose a slow but tough class, such as the Heavy, to mow down enemies and defend points. You can choose a stealthy, low profile class, such as the Spy, and silently infiltrate the enemy's ranks. So many different possibilities with this game! To make it even better, it's free. Most weapons and items can be found in-game just by playing. It makes you want to buy items, though, because of how great the game is. I definitely recommend this as a fun game or as a change from the normal first person shooters. Expand
  83. Jun 12, 2012
    So I have to admit, I am not a fan of all these crappy item updates, but this game itself I have played for 5 years, or more now. This is one of the best games i have played ever that is multilayer, comparable only to star-craft and counterstrike 10/10always( i want to say unreal 2004 but i never played)
  84. Jun 9, 2012
    In an Era of graphically demanding First Person Shooters, Team Fortress 2 is a Gem. It can Run smoothly on integrated graphics. Fun and Unique Gameplay. Epic Chaos and Mayhem happening in various maps and game modes. The cartoony graphics is visually appealing and beautiful.
  85. Jun 9, 2012
    This game is FREE and you totally have to play it. VERY HUGE variety of weapons, Superbly detailed and this game cannot be missed! To all those people that think the game is bad, IGNORE that!
  86. Jun 8, 2012
    First of all I must say this: Everybody who say "I bought this game for 50$ and now is F2P!" is an idiot, because whole orange box was for 50$, not only TF2 alone. I bought orange box in discount for around 10â
  87. Jun 4, 2012
    What can I say, the game is just fun as **** I think they've gone a bit overboard with all the different weapons/hats - some kind of vanilla mode for servers would be a nice option - but at least there are alternative methods to acquire everything beyond having to pay for them.
  88. May 31, 2012
    No matter if you are old school and liked it vanilla, no matter if you instead like how it is now with its renewed checks and balances, no matter if you think hats are a good thing or a bad thing, optional or not, this game is probably the closer thing to perfection you'll ever get. If you don't think so, think again. If it IS not so, they are trying hard every time to improve it,No matter if you are old school and liked it vanilla, no matter if you instead like how it is now with its renewed checks and balances, no matter if you think hats are a good thing or a bad thing, optional or not, this game is probably the closer thing to perfection you'll ever get. If you don't think so, think again. If it IS not so, they are trying hard every time to improve it, maintaining that indie game spirit in contact with its community even after Valve became a colossus of a game industry. Everytime you complain about balance, even if in your head you apparently came up with what sounds to you like a good point, think of yourself in third person and verify if that is not if you are losing. If you are still not convinced, still think of any possible similar (which is already hard) FPS and realize that the balance is still the best there is. Who complains about these things is only right in a very small percentage of cases, in which Valve has shown to be willing to fix weapons that had been out for a lot of time already (es.: Sandvich). The only negative point I'll state is the Mannconomy. Not because users are sharks, that's their fault and not the game's, but mostly because it makes you think it's optional but uses the usual korean-mmorpg-like mindgames to almost make it non optional, cutting you a bit out of the game if you are not part of the market, not to mention the idea of crates which is pure money-sucking (buying for lottery tickets). Still, if these usually **** ideas are put there to fund such a great game, this complaint might as well be ignored. Expand
  89. May 30, 2012
    Love this game and everything about it. Been playing for about 6 months now and every moment is enjoyable. If you love FPS gaming with teamwork, this is the game for you.
  90. May 19, 2012
    Absolutely fantastic. A gloriously fun and hilarious game. The gameplay for actually playing the game is wonderful. Definitely the best free game I have ever played.
  91. May 17, 2012
    Collects hats, shoot nerds. If you like CoD you won't like TF2 very much. The updates are now hats and wortless weapons but doesn't bother me too much. I agree with the haters of this game, the tf2 team needs to make more valubale updates
  92. May 15, 2012
    TF2 is very addictive, different then other all fps games, custom weapons, hats ,misc items,classes, maps,mods everything you need in this game and this game have very high skilllevel.(maybe some classes dont have much)

It is the best game i have played in my entire life.
  93. May 13, 2012
    This is probably the best FPS I've ever played. The style, the story and the caharacters are really witty. Like it's predecessors it takes class based combat to a new level.

The only bad things about it: since it got free lots of inexperienced players that used to play frag based games got into it in huge numbers making most games feel like you are playing alone while everyone else just tries to get frags. So then I guessed it was time to move to competitive play only to discover that they prohibit tons of weapons from it and they they generally have very strict rules. So they decided to ruin the game by banning everything that is able to kill a rocket-jumping soldier. Just because they decided to focus on rocketjumping (like it's the sole thing that requires skill in TF2) they had to ban anything new that ruined their precious skill. Those guys are complete morons and they should really state that they are not actually playing TF2. They are playing a tiny subset of TF2 that suits them.
  94. May 10, 2012
    The Classes in this game are excellently balanced.

-Medic -Scout -Soldier -Demoman -Spy -Engineer -Pyro -Heavy Best Multiplayer game. This game is not about individuals kicking ass but an individual kicking ass helps. You NEED a team that functions properly to succeed. You need a medic giving heals, you need an engineer defending your base and you need Heavies/Soldiers/Demomen/Scouts
    The Classes in this game are excellently balanced.

-Medic
    -Scout
    -Soldier
    -Demoman
    -Spy
    -Engineer
    -Pyro
    -Heavy

Best Multiplayer game. This game is not about individuals kicking ass but an individual kicking ass helps. You NEED a team that functions properly to succeed. You need a medic giving heals, you need an engineer defending your base and you need Heavies/Soldiers/Demomen/Scouts attacking. The game is regularly updated with patches and is FREE. It's also not Pay to Win, It's Pay for Hats.
  95. May 8, 2012
    This is one of the most fun games you can play on your PC in a long time. You can't beat the price (free!) and the gameplay is top notch. The cartoonish graphics age well and easily keep it looking fresh. Download it now!
  96. May 6, 2012
    Flawless hat simulator! You start off as a poor irish unfortunate with nothing but the will to build the biggest tower of hats any gentlemanne of leisure has ever gased upon. From ghastly gibus to burning team captain team hatress 2 promises a rolercoaster ride of emotion, backstabs and hats.
    Download today!
  97. May 4, 2012
    I really enjoy this game. But what gets under my skin is the community. What they lack fro common sense they blame Valve and what I mean by common sense is NOT BUYING STUFF FROM THE STORE OR DELETING ITEMS THAT THEY DON'T WANT!. Apparently the community has forgotten that there is a delete feature in this game along with the crafting feature. I got an email from Jeff Bennet who said thatI really enjoy this game. But what gets under my skin is the community. What they lack fro common sense they blame Valve and what I mean by common sense is NOT BUYING STUFF FROM THE STORE OR DELETING ITEMS THAT THEY DON'T WANT!. Apparently the community has forgotten that there is a delete feature in this game along with the crafting feature. I got an email from Jeff Bennet who said that the stamps you buy go towards the creators of the maps and the ring from Valentine's day went towards someone's actual proposal. Valve does NOT take the profits! They go towards the community! So if you think Valve is greedy then think again! They care very much for their costumers, but it's sad that the community can't return the favor. Expand
  98. Apr 28, 2012
    This game is great and it's available for free on steam (steam.com). The various types of games keep things interesting and the alternative gameplays like prophunt (hide and seek) are a nice change to the shooting.
  99. Apr 25, 2012
    A masterpiece. this game is a truly worthwhile shooter for the ages. gameplay is fun, and balanced. character customization is expensive, but if your into that kind of thing thats cool. the game as a whole is awesome looking, sounding, feeling, and playing. why are you still reading this? go play it! its FREE!
  100. Apr 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best game I've ever played, it's absolutely worth every penny down to the detail and fun that the game actually is, it's great, and It deserves respect for the time it took to make, the though about lots of things before releasing it to make it more fun (if you list to the commentary node) It's a wonderful game for veterans, news anyone, everyone can enjoy it if you like FPS with a cartoonish style. Expand

1. AceGamez
    The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.