9.2

1. Dec 19, 2014
    Obviously one of the best first person shooters ever. There are 9 classes, and all of them are super fun and easy to use. after you've been playing for a little while, you will get REALLY into it.
  2. Dec 12, 2014
    THIS GAME IS A BUNCH OF FUC% TARDS RUNNING AROUND IN HATS ALSO THE FUC* CAMPERS ARE SO BAD IM GONING TO KILL MYSELF PLUS BOOOOBBBBSSSS EVERWHERETHIS GAME IS A BUNCH OF FUC% TARDS RUNNING AROUND IN HATS ALSO THE FUC* CAMPERS ARE SO BAD IM GONING TO KILL MYSELF PLUS BOOOOBBBBSSSS EVERWHERE ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... fUC* HATS ........................................................................................................................................................................illl be back.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Expand
  3. Dec 10, 2014
    There is a good part of the fan community which is mostly mature and you have the people who try to compare this to CoD. This is made by Valve, not by franchise milkers!
    Gameplay is pretty good, every character is recognizeable and you'll really enjoy yourself playing this because its free...
  4. Dec 6, 2014
    This game is so close to perfection. The classes are balanced so if you die, you are probably just bad at the game. The only thing I don't like are the overpowered weapons like the sticky jumper. And it's free on steam so why not?
  5. Dec 6, 2014
    Graphics are creative and funny, Controls are ultra-smooth and the game-play is FUN. FUN being the important word here. The game may look simple at first glance, but is a very complex shooter. Pretty much still a perfect game after all these years.
  6. Nov 17, 2014
    An excellent game, one of my favorite online games of all time. It's entirely free, except for hats and weapons, BUT! You can get all those weapons by just PLAYING THE GAME! That's what I did, and even now that I have all the weapons, I can still have fun playing. Also, there's updates every few months that fix balance issues, and add a lot of items (mainly hats). Plus, you can make itemsAn excellent game, one of my favorite online games of all time. It's entirely free, except for hats and weapons, BUT! You can get all those weapons by just PLAYING THE GAME! That's what I did, and even now that I have all the weapons, I can still have fun playing. Also, there's updates every few months that fix balance issues, and add a lot of items (mainly hats). Plus, you can make items in the Steam Workshop that can possibly be ADDED TO THE GAME! Incredible, right? Lastly, trading in this game is an immense economy full of rises and drops. Once you get into this trading community, you can make serious profit, and eventually, you can MAKE. MONEY. That's right, you can BUY other Steam games by PLAYING A FREE ONE! Is that not AMAZING? If you aren't downloading this game right this second, I pity what you're missing out on.

Over 2000 hours and still going strong.
  7. Nov 5, 2014
    As of right now, I have 1,207 hours in game, 6 pages of items, and no regrets.

As of right now, I have 1,207 hours in game, 6 pages of items, and no regrets.

Team Fortress 2, if you didn't know, is a multiplayer game that pits two teams, red and blu, against each other in a bloody power struggle for land. Team Fortress 2 really doesn't explain most of it's plot in game, but rather in an ongoing series of comics and videos that never cease to impress me. Gameplay wise, Tf2 is the base class based shooter on the market, period.

There is a **** of personality to this game, from the voice lines, to the hats, and even to the way the charactermodels are shaped, each class has a distinct personality and look. Whenever I get a domination, I find myself laughing my ass off at the hilarious domination lines.

As for it going FTP, I really don't see an issue to it. I started playing at around september last year, and reall never stopped, after 12k+ hours I have no problem shelling money into this game after every new update, bringing awesome new cosmetics, and sometimes new weapons into them game. This is hands down the most time I've ever spent in-game.

The multitude of maps, playstyles, weapons, and events keep me coming back daily. The gameplay has a stunning amount of balance, but be warned the game is very RNG heavy. However, I don't find random crits or weapon spread a hindrance, for me at least, it enhances gameplay and keeps me on my toes.

Overall, if you have a PC that can run this (most can), and you like fps's, there really isn't any reason to not have this downloaded, give this one a shot.

Now if you'll excuse me, there is a Haunted Halloween gift with my name on it. Happy Slaughtering
  8. Nov 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played this game for a long time. This is definitely my favorite game. You can play as 9 different classes which means you have 9 different styles of playing. This game has great (and hilarious) weapons, cartoony fun graphics, and tons of hats. This game has its own currency and can build up with hats with different values and types. The weapons also have types. There is a very good reason that this is almost always at the #1 Rated F2P Steam game on most lists. I think it is so good that it should be P2P, actually. But because it is free, definitely try it out and you will get hooked. No doubt this is a great game. You can compare the number of postive CRITIC reviews with negative or even users' reviews positive to negative votes. Expand
  9. Nov 2, 2014
    this game is epic lots of customisnation great characters the best character is the demoman or the scout or the engineer the gameplay is blanced unlike cod 4 were everything is broken tf2 is hands down the best game on pc and first person shooter even better than halo reach
  10. Oct 29, 2014
    Team Fortress 2 is not your ordinary recycled FPS. The game itself is a beautiful blend of wackiness and seriousness, with its ridiculous hats, weapons and art style merged with the core elements of a good first person shooter. With all the wacky elements aside the gameplay is very well thought out with it's classes and weapons balanced for a pleasent experience. Tf2 is a wonderful gameTeam Fortress 2 is not your ordinary recycled FPS. The game itself is a beautiful blend of wackiness and seriousness, with its ridiculous hats, weapons and art style merged with the core elements of a good first person shooter. With all the wacky elements aside the gameplay is very well thought out with it's classes and weapons balanced for a pleasent experience. Tf2 is a wonderful game that has lasted since 2007 and is still going strong with around 60,000-90,000 people playing everyday. Expand
  11. Oct 28, 2014
    Undoubtedly one of the best PC shooters out there (and definitely the best when it comes to multiplayer shooters). It's a game that has visual design polished to a mirror shine, with nine unique classes, all with their own personality quotes, that are all easily accessible while providing a roll for everyone. It's also got a nice late-20th century retro-cartoony art style that allows forUndoubtedly one of the best PC shooters out there (and definitely the best when it comes to multiplayer shooters). It's a game that has visual design polished to a mirror shine, with nine unique classes, all with their own personality quotes, that are all easily accessible while providing a roll for everyone. It's also got a nice late-20th century retro-cartoony art style that allows for various creative enviroments and weapons. However, the fanbase is atrocious, with special mention going to the "Mann vs Machine" game-mode. Expand
  12. Oct 28, 2014
    gr8 m8 no d-b8 i r8 it an 8 i h8 2 b in an ir8 st8 but its my f8
    hey m8 i apreci8 that u r8 it gr8 u wanna d8 and mayb masturb8 i can ask n8 and we can meet at the g8 dont b l8
    gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it an 8/8 plz don't h8 gr8 b8 m8 cant even h8 so I r8 8 outta 8 Gr8 b8 m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8., I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should
    gr8 m8 no d-b8 i r8 it an 8 i h8 2 b in an ir8 st8 but its my f8
    gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it an 8/8 plz don't h8
    gr8 b8 m8 cant even h8 so I r8 8 outta 8
    Gr8 b8 m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8., I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8
  13. TSW
    Oct 27, 2014
    if this review was based only on addiction then I'd give it an 11/10 because 173 hours that's how much time I've wasted. the pyro and the spy are great to play as. Finally just get this game!
  14. Oct 19, 2014
    This game is great. It has dedicated servers, great gameplay mechanics, great maps & okay-ish community (not that the community takes away from the game). most F2P games are either pay-to-win or obscure, TF2 isn't either of them. The weapons you unlock are never "upgrades" from the original, they are just side upgrades from the original weapons. The only thing you can really buy withoutThis game is great. It has dedicated servers, great gameplay mechanics, great maps & okay-ish community (not that the community takes away from the game). most F2P games are either pay-to-win or obscure, TF2 isn't either of them. The weapons you unlock are never "upgrades" from the original, they are just side upgrades from the original weapons. The only thing you can really buy without unlocking is hats, and, while appreciated among most of the community, are not actually affecting gameplay.

The game works like this, there are nine classes: The Scout, The Soldier, The Pyro, The Demoman, The Heavy (The most iconic of them all), The Engineer, The Sniper, The Medic & The Spy. There are two teams, Red & Blu, each team supporting 12 players. The goal is to complete goals that are different in each game mode. Each of the classes have different traits that make them different to each other, therefore creating strategies.

The game hasn't gotten old for me yet, and I'm in about 255 hours on steam. As a F2P game that only needs 12 GB. and 3 hours download time (yours may very), it is definitely worth downloading and playing.
  15. Oct 9, 2014
    This game is my personal favorite game ever.Its not perfect, but IT'S FREE!!!!!
    Now,I never played the first game, so I won't compare it to that.The game(if you play for a while) is much more balanced.At least one class can kill an another easily,and a different class can kill that class easily.
    There is 9 different classes in the game: scout:fast ,objective captureing speed.least
    This game is my personal favorite game ever.Its not perfect, but IT'S FREE!!!!!
    There is 9 different classes in the game:

scout:fast ,objective captureing speed.least health.
    soldier:slow,has a rocket launcher that can let you rocket jump,lots of health.
    pyro: medium speed,has a flamethrower,fire proof,mediam health.
    demoman: slow,has granade and sticky granade launcher,has good health.
    heavy: slowest,has a minigun,has the most health.
    engineer:medium speed,can build sentry guns and teliporters,least health.
    medic:medium speed,has a medi gun that heals teammates, medium health.
    sniper,medium speed,has a sniper, least health.
    spy:medium speed, can disguise as other team,turns invisible,insta kill knife,least health.

all classes have different unlockable weapons and hats,but new players don't have any,so they will be stomped to death...so,yeah.it is tough for new players,but still fun.

The game is very cartoony,which is great.Call of Duty takes itself too seriously.this game is so funny.demos drunken insults, heavy eating his sandwich in an intence fire fight,and the snipers pee jar that he throws at people.
    the game also has tons of lore,but not in the game.there are many comics on www.teamfortress.com.
    there is also videos about the game.meat the (class) and expiration date are videos you can find on youtube.

team fortress 2 is a great game,but there is no reason to make tf3 (which will never happen,because 3)

anyway,the game is good,valve is amazing,half life 3 confirmed...have a nice day.
  16. Oct 8, 2014
    Best FPS game i have played, after 200+ hours. It seemingly i want to play this till i die
    this game will chew your social life and spit it like it was nothing.
  17. Oct 5, 2014
    This game used to be good. From it's launch till 2011 it was good. But then Valve decided to mess the whole thing up. It went from a fantastic fun online shooter, to a worthless, incohesive cluster of junk. Now instead of a fun online shooter, it is just another pathetic 'Free to Play' cashgrab that revolves around virtual items that cost real money. Speaking of the virtual items, theThis game used to be good. From it's launch till 2011 it was good. But then Valve decided to mess the whole thing up. It went from a fantastic fun online shooter, to a worthless, incohesive cluster of junk. Now instead of a fun online shooter, it is just another pathetic 'Free to Play' cashgrab that revolves around virtual items that cost real money. Speaking of the virtual items, the balancing on most of the weapons is off, and all of the costumes look ridiculous/don't go with the games initial theme at ALL. The game used to have a fantastic & unique cartoony style, but that is now overshadowed with absurd cosmetics/items, some of which break the Fourth Wall. They added a My Little Pony hat for goodness sake! I can't remember the last time they released a half decent update. Actually, nevermind that. I do remember. It was the Engineer Update...BACK IN 2010! And to top it all off, the game has gotten buggy. I remember when it was almost bug-free.
    This used to be one of my favorite games of all time. But now whenever I see it, I cringe. This game has become cringe worthy.

Also Meet the Pyro was garbage. One of the most interesting classes in the game and they didn't even make a decent video for him.
  18. Oct 3, 2014

And

Stole my love

_______________________________
  19. Sep 27, 2014
    I have been playing this beauty for 6 years.It is still the best.(most fun online FPS)The action is endless always something is going explode or bleed.Animations and voices are great.Characters are memorable.The game is unique.If you are thinking to play tf2 stop thinking play it....
  20. Sep 19, 2014
    Simply put, Team Fortress 2 was, and still is, one of the best multiplayer games of all time. Nearly perfect balance and an impressive level of commitment from Valve to their fans throughout the years have kept this shooter fresh while the competition has faded away, one by one. Oh, and did I mention that it's free-to-play?
  21. Sep 16, 2014
    I give TF2 a 8/10, TF2 is an amazing game with over 5 game modes (including MVM) the reason why I scored it a bit low is because the MICRO TRANSACTIONS aren't so 'Micro' some items COST OVER $50, for an in-game item, the game is great but for Valve to take advantage of the micro transactions to make HUGE amounts of money isn't ok with me... Evan I am guilty of spending over $100 on TF2 items.
  22. Sep 10, 2014
    For a free game is good. The weapons are good and the maps are also good. . The characters are equal and the modes great. The reason that TF2 stands out is cause it s so fun (especially hacked) that you can play it nonstop for hours.
  23. Sep 9, 2014
    There's nothing I can say about this game that hasn't already been said, but I will say this: Team Fortress 2 is the best FPS multiplayer game ever developed. The game never gets dull. There will be points where you'll get tired of playing, but every time you load it back up you'll find yourself once again addicted.
  24. Sep 6, 2014
    After this many years, it still holds up as one of the "most fun you can have online." Given that it's free, I don't think you've got anything to lose. 10/10
  25. Sep 3, 2014
    I spend more time on this game then with my family, friends, and my shower, combined.... It is seriously the best free to play game ever. Its 9 unique FPS game is downright awesome, its fun, and you will spend HOURS on this game so you can trade some keys so you can find that Unusual hat that you hope is in your crate!
  26. Sep 3, 2014
    One of my favorite games. Compared to a lot of FPS games, this has to be one of the most unique ones in my opinion. Really great gameplay with class balance, maps, and customization. It's not really a serious game either, which makes the game very funny and entertaining, though there is also a competitive side for this game. Even if the community is going down, I guarantee that you willOne of my favorite games. Compared to a lot of FPS games, this has to be one of the most unique ones in my opinion. Really great gameplay with class balance, maps, and customization. It's not really a serious game either, which makes the game very funny and entertaining, though there is also a competitive side for this game. Even if the community is going down, I guarantee that you will have fun time while playing! Expand
  27. Sep 1, 2014
    It's a pretty good game, but one thing RUINS it. It is absolutely horrible for people that aren't very good at it. It is full of very experienced people which ruin the game for less experienced people. For the people that are awesome at it - it's insanely fun, and for the average people it is an absolute nightmare and that is enough for me to remove 6 points. 4.
  28. Aug 29, 2014
    TF2 is a cool game, like anything you want from first person shooters in cool little "HUGE" game now the tf2 is mod for HL2 before it was mod for Quake 1
  29. Aug 26, 2014
    It can not be put more simply: Team Fortress 2 is a masterpiece. It's balanced, pretty, exciting, distinct, and rife with personality. While some criticize the game for abandoning realism to a degree with graphics and gameplay, the game would be at a loss without it's distinct art style reminiscent of 1960's magazine advertisements and propaganda posters, even more so without rocketIt can not be put more simply: Team Fortress 2 is a masterpiece. It's balanced, pretty, exciting, distinct, and rife with personality. While some criticize the game for abandoning realism to a degree with graphics and gameplay, the game would be at a loss without it's distinct art style reminiscent of 1960's magazine advertisements and propaganda posters, even more so without rocket jumping or sentries. If we wanted realistic shooters, we'd play ARMA III, but we came here to have fun, which there is no shortage of.

Nine distinct classes throughout two distinct modes with dozens of variants on hundreds of maps with hundreds of weapons with millions of players. There will certainly be plenty for everyone here, and that's not even beginning to mention the ingame economy or goofy lore maintained by Valve themselves.
  30. Aug 23, 2014
    Cool game that despite showing it's age is still fun to play and has very original and unique characters and several character classes and game modes.
  31. Aug 20, 2014
    Ladies and gentlemen, here is a really strong contender (and provably the winner) of the best free-to play of all time awards!!!!!! Now the reason I liked and promoted the game so much, is because that it came to me at a time where I thought "Is there even a single free-to play game on the market that you can play for more than an hour and not get bored?" Here is the answer folks, TF2,Ladies and gentlemen, here is a really strong contender (and provably the winner) of the best free-to play of all time awards!!!!!! Now the reason I liked and promoted the game so much, is because that it came to me at a time where I thought "Is there even a single free-to play game on the market that you can play for more than an hour and not get bored?" Here is the answer folks, TF2, waiting you for free!!

To be serious though, the fast and fluid gameplay involves 9 different classes, each with their own set of weapons, stats and personalities. By playing more you get access to new weapons, items and most importantly hats!!!! (Just kidding though, in reality I don't give a **** about hats but that's my opinion)

Even though the controls are a bit difficult to adapt to if you are playing with a gamepad, you get used to it in just a few matches.

However I will say that the matches are a bit longer than i can comprehend. I just quit after the second round cause that is enough for me.

In overall the game is a 9/10 for me, a nigh perfect game.
  32. Aug 20, 2014
    Team fortress 2 is an awesome game. The game is updated frequently, the gameplay is good, and the weapons in the game are fairly balanced. The game is free to play, and you can become pay to play rather easily by buying a 10 cent giftapult from the mann co store. The only downside is that most of the higher tier cosmetics and hats can only be obtained via crates and although they dropTeam fortress 2 is an awesome game. The game is updated frequently, the gameplay is good, and the weapons in the game are fairly balanced. The game is free to play, and you can become pay to play rather easily by buying a 10 cent giftapult from the mann co store. The only downside is that most of the higher tier cosmetics and hats can only be obtained via crates and although they drop frequently, you need a key to open them. Other than that most weapons can be obtained/are obtainable by just playing the game or trading. Expand
  33. Aug 18, 2014
    One of the best (if not the best) games I have ever played. I rarely get bored of it and when I do, most of the time it's because I'm lagging too much to play. I would love if they made a PS3 version (not orange box) with all the content that the PC version has (weapons, cosmetic items, trades).
  34. Aug 15, 2014
    All I can say is, this game is awesome. Its a hope for fps games today. Many games like Call of Duty, Halo and Battlefield needs a sequel to keep their fans hyped and paying. This game only needs the one game and because its free to play on steam makes it this much better. The cartoony atmosphere is original, the weapons are balanced with strengths and weaknesses, the classes are allAll I can say is, this game is awesome. Its a hope for fps games today. Many games like Call of Duty, Halo and Battlefield needs a sequel to keep their fans hyped and paying. This game only needs the one game and because its free to play on steam makes it this much better. The cartoony atmosphere is original, the weapons are balanced with strengths and weaknesses, the classes are all amazing with different personalities to complete it. Reviews says that its a shame that all the hats costs money. I got a solution for them, just don't buy any hats from the store. There is a chance that you'll get the hats on the game. Expand
  35. Aug 15, 2014
    I find in this game quite amusing, I was greatly amused mostly by this game's comical humor within the characteristics of our playable men, but at the same time not all that amused by the public of the people that await, not going into sexism cause the game does have female characters involved. Now, speaking into the community, the people there are not the "Brightest of the bulbs" most ofI find in this game quite amusing, I was greatly amused mostly by this game's comical humor within the characteristics of our playable men, but at the same time not all that amused by the public of the people that await, not going into sexism cause the game does have female characters involved. Now, speaking into the community, the people there are not the "Brightest of the bulbs" most of the time, they seem to claim that you are only "cool" if you wear a non-achievement obtained hat. Some of these people are not exactly sure of themselves however. Now heading into the stereotypical category; Team fortress 2 sure has a minor case of stereotypical behavior, such as the "One eyed black, Scottish demolition man" or the "Fat Russian heavy", these of which some may find offensive, it's like saying "all of Native American people are filthy apes", which is not true at all. Valve is a creative group of people, but I think Gabe took this a little far himself. Now, going into the topic of updates; This game is really creative off it's nice updates, an example of this is the recent massive update of the "Love and War" Update, adding over 15 new taunts and more cosmetics, some of re-skins of current weapons such as Mad Milk. It really is unique how they come up with these updates, I always can't wait to see what they have in store for us. Speaking of updates, now I must say the delay on such ideas is a bit painful I must admit, some do not have such patience to wait for so long just for an update. Now my final result is in to this game, it is a bit stereotypical, has quite a few rotten apples in the community, as well as some sprays that are pornographic, as well as crude and funny humorous ways set in this game, I give this game....

7/10.
  36. Aug 11, 2014
    I love the conga! by far this game has SOOO much content and it makes the game amazing, i have 60 hours on the game and counting. this game has a bright future ahead of it.
  37. Aug 10, 2014
    team fortress 2 is a FPS created by valve. TF2 is a astonishing game, purely based on some key elements created by a very talented team. the game is funny, quirky and violent. these make TF2 a very re playable game. it also includes such features as a market where you can trade different items such as weapons, and customization items for your character such as hats or gear, all with theirteam fortress 2 is a FPS created by valve. TF2 is a astonishing game, purely based on some key elements created by a very talented team. the game is funny, quirky and violent. these make TF2 a very re playable game. it also includes such features as a market where you can trade different items such as weapons, and customization items for your character such as hats or gear, all with their own clever names such as the sniper rile known as the "hitmans heat-maker" or the flame thrower known as "the back-burner".
    however the main thing that bring the joy to the TF2 experience is its 9 distinct classes: scout,solider,pyro,demo man,heavy, engineer, sniper,medic and spy.every class benefits in some way to winning a game. the scout is fast but doesn't have alot of heath. the heavy has a lot of heath and uses a mini gun,but is slow .All the classes come with their own weapon sets.further more the classes have their own personalities. the scout is like an athletic teen, where as the pyro is like a crazed maniac.
    overall TF2 is one of those games that i can keep coming back to if i want to have fun playing a FPS. its light hearted unlike some other FPS games on the market.
  38. Aug 9, 2014
    I've played this game for years, I first played in on my PS3 when it was released to that console, then I wen't onto my brothers PC and we bought it and played it, I loved to play Team Fortress 2 because I like how it isn't a serious FPS, it is made in a cartoon style and updates such as the Conga Update are great fun, anybody who insults TF2 for the hats is just an idiot, game like TF2I've played this game for years, I first played in on my PS3 when it was released to that console, then I wen't onto my brothers PC and we bought it and played it, I loved to play Team Fortress 2 because I like how it isn't a serious FPS, it is made in a cartoon style and updates such as the Conga Update are great fun, anybody who insults TF2 for the hats is just an idiot, game like TF2 can only survive because of in-game items such as hats and it doesn't harm the game play at all. Like thr4sher said, pretty much all FPS today are only in existence because of Team Fortress 2 and C:S becoming so popular. Great game, I'll be sad when Valve stop developing in a few years. Expand
  39. Jul 24, 2014
    Dans les catégories free-to-play, FPS et multijoueur, team fortress 2 est très bien placé pour affirmer sa supériorité ! Un choix de 9 classes, Un grand nombre d'armes ayant chacune des avantages et des inconvénients, les maps et les personnages bénéficiant d'un design cartoon délirant.... Il y a de quoi passer des heures là-dessus ! Le système de railleries est bien pensé, et les armes seDans les catégories free-to-play, FPS et multijoueur, team fortress 2 est très bien placé pour affirmer sa supériorité ! Un choix de 9 classes, Un grand nombre d'armes ayant chacune des avantages et des inconvénients, les maps et les personnages bénéficiant d'un design cartoon délirant.... Il y a de quoi passer des heures là-dessus ! Le système de railleries est bien pensé, et les armes se gagnent gratuitement. Le seul inconvénient, c'est qu'il propose un système de pay-to-win afin de permettre aux joueurs impatients d'acheter des armes ou les inviter à affirmer leur supériorité en achetant des caisses contenant des armes "étranges", des vêtements et des railleries.
    Mais vu la durée de vie infinie de ce jeu et le plaisir qu'il procure, on peut fermer les yeux sur cette faiblesse.
  40. Jul 22, 2014
    Simply the best multiplayer game ever made. The combat is a lot of fun the game modes are great and the art style is simply one of the best. Download it now.
  41. Jul 15, 2014
    I've seen a lot of people ask: "Why is Team Fortress 2 so successful? It's just another first person shooter, with cartoony graphics." Well, given that FPS games clearly dominate this generation of gaming is one thing. But another thing people like is unique games, games that are so much different from others... and that's just what this game is. It isn't your average "shoot the bad guysI've seen a lot of people ask: "Why is Team Fortress 2 so successful? It's just another first person shooter, with cartoony graphics." Well, given that FPS games clearly dominate this generation of gaming is one thing. But another thing people like is unique games, games that are so much different from others... and that's just what this game is. It isn't your average "shoot the bad guys to win" kind of game, as it has multiple different objectives, like Payload, and Territorial Control. The combat mechanics are nearly flawless, and you never know what is going to happen next time you play, giving the game a large replayability, allowing for thousands of hours of play. Not only that, but there are constant updates to the game, that introduce brand new maps, weapons, and gamemodes. The only downsides I can find with the game is hackers, badmins, the occasional butthurt community that votekicks you if you're too good, and those little squeakers (but it's hilarious to mess with them), making those the only flaws in an otherwise perfect game. Not only that, aside from the in-game purchases for cosmetics and weapons, it's otherwise totally free. Expand
  42. Jul 13, 2014
    TF2 has a perfect mix of graphics,music and game play. I have played it for 100 hours and it never got boring. I can even play this on my old computer that sucks. All of the items are really balanced and it is not pay to win type of game. But instead it is a play to win game. With protection against hackers and cheaters. It also get updated regularly with new game modes,maps and items. ItTF2 has a perfect mix of graphics,music and game play. I have played it for 100 hours and it never got boring. I can even play this on my old computer that sucks. All of the items are really balanced and it is not pay to win type of game. But instead it is a play to win game. With protection against hackers and cheaters. It also get updated regularly with new game modes,maps and items. It also has a pretty good community where users can create items. Bottom line this game is awesome and I will rate it 10 out 10 hats!
    -Zincio
  43. Jul 9, 2014
    This game i have been playing for years I loved it and every thing is great in this game is something that I love in games its fun and keeps you playing for hours 10/10 just the best game ever, graphics are funny and great the gameplay is smooth. not much of story but its simple story line and just so much fun when you play it for the first time.
  44. Jul 7, 2014
    Such a wonderful game... This was. Hitbox issues, inability to access inventories, Idle serverse, Daily hacking due to the f2p change, Sniper class still in the game (focus on sitting in one spot and instantly killing people across the map, opposite of fun), Mann-conomy, Weekly updates to adress concerns for Linux (an OS that make up about 0.5-1% of the userbase) forcing all the serversSuch a wonderful game... This was. Hitbox issues, inability to access inventories, Idle serverse, Daily hacking due to the f2p change, Sniper class still in the game (focus on sitting in one spot and instantly killing people across the map, opposite of fun), Mann-conomy, Weekly updates to adress concerns for Linux (an OS that make up about 0.5-1% of the userbase) forcing all the servers to re-boot and update manually, Overpowered soldier class (too much versitility, HP, manouverment, damage), Crates, Constant wave of clearly unbalanced weapon not ready to be released to the public (Original tommy gun for the heavy, old equalizer, etc), Hats...

Oh Valve, where did you go so wrong. Your 200-300+ Better Business Bureau ignored complaints aside, this greedy community neglect will not do you good.
  45. Jul 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tf2 is the best fps f2p game out there. It's addicting, funny, and original. The weapons are usually very under powered, but I flourished when I found a combo that worked for me. The spy is under-powered and needs to be buffed, the snipers cross-hair is way to small, and the scout is just bad, but the other classes are fun. I enjoy going pyro and airblasting like crazy. I love how the characters have distinct and unique personalities, even though I dislike the soldiers personality. I love getting hats and finding ones that work for me. The hats are one of the many things that make my come back to play more tf2. The one major downside is the fact that so many cosmetics are holiday restricted. Still, Tf2 is a fun, diverse, and highly enjoyable game. Expand
  46. Jul 5, 2014
    What kind of FPS have you heard about that has hats? ...This game. 10/10

Ignore fill-in characters:
    -------------------------------------------------
  47. Jul 2, 2014
    this game teaches you about cooperation, you are nothing without your team, every class has a purpose and field of play, the first time i played this i always used the spy, but as you play you figure out your type of play, youll figure out what class youre best with, after using spy, i became great with the scout, and is now my favorite class, this game is a great way to make friends onthis game teaches you about cooperation, you are nothing without your team, every class has a purpose and field of play, the first time i played this i always used the spy, but as you play you figure out your type of play, youll figure out what class youre best with, after using spy, i became great with the scout, and is now my favorite class, this game is a great way to make friends on steam and a great way to fight with your friends in the "mann vs. machine" game mode, deffinitley a great community with generous people ready to lend you a hand in sending you new weapons as a gift for no cost. A spot on 10/10! Expand
  48. Jun 28, 2014

All classes have purpose
    It is completely balanced
    its now free-to-play
    the weapons are unique and have their own strengths
    I've spent over 100 dollars in this game. and i must say...
    worth it.
  49. Jun 24, 2014
    Awesome game, crap community. As it is a mutliplayer game, you will always be confronted to people, and people in TF2 are very ... lets stop this sentence here.

I played TF2 at the beginning, and it was fun, we owe TF a bunch of other cool games. Then I stopped because I had to pee, and I came back a few years later. I could barely kill anyone for the next 2 hours, with teammates shouting all over the place, all the fun was gone.

Try to avoid the servers where some people seem to sleep on 24h/24, because you'll not enjoy yourself

Conclusion : Could have been better in terms of server research and length of loading screens. I would have love to be able to quit a crappy server to join a better one without spending 10 minutes on the operation
  50. Jun 18, 2014
    This game is not in anyway good, for one there is this kid called Wolfgang (his steam account), he is literally a twelve. This game used to be about having fun, but has now developed into a source of money for Valve.
  51. Jun 13, 2014
    Probably one of the best PC games out there. If you don't have it, get it, now. No class is useless, great representation of team work and player responsibility. Very balanced, most servers are packed, great hat simulator.
  52. Jun 11, 2014
    Team Fortress can be fun for up to 2 years, but in the end it can get really repetitive. It's one of the best free to play titles to date, and I highly recommend that you give it a shot. I still have a couple of flaws with this game. First of all, STOP MAKING THOSE DUMB COSMETIC ITEMS AND MAKE US HALF-LIFE 3. I always get frustrated when my friends don't talk about how good they are, orTeam Fortress can be fun for up to 2 years, but in the end it can get really repetitive. It's one of the best free to play titles to date, and I highly recommend that you give it a shot. I still have a couple of flaws with this game. First of all, STOP MAKING THOSE DUMB COSMETIC ITEMS AND MAKE US HALF-LIFE 3. I always get frustrated when my friends don't talk about how good they are, or how they totally pwned that one guy yesterday, but instead they talk about trading, and buying that one 50$ unusual. I wish Valve would update the GAME more, not the useless cosmetics. Expand
  53. Jun 5, 2014
    This is one of those games that never gets old, you can always come back to it and have a great time. There are endless achievements, so you'll never really "finish" the game. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because some of the people who play it are real **** It's rare that I play a game and don't see slander all over the chat, or hear irritating 12-year-olds on their microphoneThis is one of those games that never gets old, you can always come back to it and have a great time. There are endless achievements, so you'll never really "finish" the game. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because some of the people who play it are real **** It's rare that I play a game and don't see slander all over the chat, or hear irritating 12-year-olds on their microphone trying to tell everyone what to do. Another thing I don't like is that some of the maps are real prone to people posting up pictures of graphic porn. It's uncomfortable for me because I'm a girl, and it really makes me feel like I'm not supposed to be there playing with all of these guys. It's not going to stop me from playing though, because It's way too fun. Expand
  54. Jun 5, 2014
    Team Fortress 2 is a gleaming example on the perfect game that stayed around being popular for so long, that It grew mold which then mutated into the hideous entities we now see as the Mann-Conomy store and digital hats & crates.

Still though, It's aged pretty well and that's worth something in my book.
  55. May 31, 2014
    Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said? It's Team Fortress 2 for god's sake! With it's score of 9.2, I doubt I'll bring anything new to the table, but I'll try to say what I can. First off, I saw a review saying the game is "imbalanced" and that the Spy is "OP". The thing is that the Spy is a high priority target, and his low HP makes him not able to take much punishment ifWell, what can I say that hasn't already been said? It's Team Fortress 2 for god's sake! With it's score of 9.2, I doubt I'll bring anything new to the table, but I'll try to say what I can. First off, I saw a review saying the game is "imbalanced" and that the Spy is "OP". The thing is that the Spy is a high priority target, and his low HP makes him not able to take much punishment if any. Plus, you have to be smart to use the Spy, which is a necessity for any game except E.T. My favorite class is the Engineer. I don't know why, it just fits me best. Another review said if you don't have hats, you're considered "uncool". Thing is that if you make a single purchase, which can cost as little as a dime with the giftapult, by the way, you can find hats via random drop. I personally like the hat system because it provides more customization and makes certain people recognizable. I don't mind tossing my 10s and 20s at Valve because they convenience me as a consumer, as said by joshscorcher. The artstyle is also pleasing to my eyes. While I don't hate CoD or any other FPS games, especially having never played any others, TF2 is certainly a contrast in artstyle to other games. I personally love MvM and Attack/Defense the most. If you're willing to pay a bit of money, you can get Tour of Duty tickets. What do they do? Well, if you use them in Mann Up mode and complete all of the mission in a Tour, you'll get a Botkiller, or if you're playing 2 Cities, killstreak kits and possibly Australium weapons. If you're reading this review on a computer you own, you basically have no excuse to not try it out, unless your parents won't let you because you're too young, in which case why are you reading my review anyway? Expand
  56. May 27, 2014
    Team Fortress 2 is a game made my Activision, a company also known for their work on the Legend of Zelda series and the Fifa series of Basketball games, and a darn good one at that, it's been a long time since I've played a game of such a high caliber, but yet again I am European, which sucks for a TF2 fan like me, as DLC is often very late and the game itself was released on NintendoTeam Fortress 2 is a game made my Activision, a company also known for their work on the Legend of Zelda series and the Fifa series of Basketball games, and a darn good one at that, it's been a long time since I've played a game of such a high caliber, but yet again I am European, which sucks for a TF2 fan like me, as DLC is often very late and the game itself was released on Nintendo Eshop in just 2013.

I decided to forgive them as they had valid reasons as too why it arrived late for the PAL region, but a 3DS version of the game did come free with the Wii U version, as well as a Ghastly Gibbon bus.
    The 3DS isn't much to rave about, which brings us onto the soundtrack of the game, which was developed by Darude and Lionel Ritchie, and included tracks such as "Don't stop till you get enough, unless you can't be bothered" and my fave "Can you feel the sunshine? No I live in 2Fort"

This game is what I call a DLC game, a game entirely based on DLC, such as various armors, cosmetics and earbuds, and if your pre-order a game, then you get a hat based on Bill from Deadrising 4, which I liked, and my favourite DLC map is the Warioware server, but I prefer the tall good looking one (You know what they say about tall men)

Fan of the film spy kids? Well good for you lads there is a secret agent man class, created by charlie and chocolate factory author Dr. Seuss, and he is french and likes to play with knives, just what kind of parents did he have? But only adulterous and corrupt people use him.

I played the Wii U version, so I can't say anything about the 3DS version, but the Wii U version was indeed a game.
    I give it a six.
  57. May 25, 2014
    Wow first of when I heard of this game and how good it is. I was already done with fps games because I broke up with the cod games anyway so I heard it was made by same people who made portal which I really loved so I saw It was free to play didn't take long for me to realize how much life I was wasting not playing this REMARKABLE game. I am so in love with this game that i sometimes turnWow first of when I heard of this game and how good it is. I was already done with fps games because I broke up with the cod games anyway so I heard it was made by same people who made portal which I really loved so I saw It was free to play didn't take long for me to realize how much life I was wasting not playing this REMARKABLE game. I am so in love with this game that i sometimes turn anything I can find and pretend it's something from team fortress 2 but not crazily. So I came here to give this gem a big ten. Oh and one last thing SANVICH !!!! Expand
  58. May 24, 2014
    Team Fortress 2. Where do I begin? First off I have to say That this is the most complete and enjoyable Fps game I have ever played. Now that's off my chest; time for the review and my personal experience of the game. i first came across this jem of a game back in late 09 just after i got a ps3. the game was included in a bundle called the orange box (which everybody should play) with HalfTeam Fortress 2. Where do I begin? First off I have to say That this is the most complete and enjoyable Fps game I have ever played. Now that's off my chest; time for the review and my personal experience of the game. i first came across this jem of a game back in late 09 just after i got a ps3. the game was included in a bundle called the orange box (which everybody should play) with Half life 2 and portal. this was the last of these that i had experience because it was last on the agenda and the least i had heard about. when i got on i found it to be very different to the COD of duty games that every 12 year old kid was into at the time. I was the biggest scrub-lord in the world, Mainly because i didn't understand the concept of "teamwork" or "working together" i just wend in all guns blazing with the heavy and get instantaneously killed by the sniper on the other team. however i leant from my mistakes and enjoyed the game for a solid 3 months, learning the mechanics and how that every class had their speciality. Unfortunately the game's servers became dead and the game followed after. The this left a massive hole in my heart where tf2 used to be, i tried to fill it with games such as borderland and brink... but to no avail. Fast forward about to Christmas 2012 when me and my friend decided that console gaming and there i saw it. Team Fortress 2. the game was free to play so we all decided to get it as our first game. we must have played for hours on end collecting fun and interesting weapons and buying hats with our parents money (none of this was in the PS3 version) and playing AS A TEAM this game has taught me valuable life lesson, that working as a team is much more efficient and effective than going solo...

oh, you want my opinion of the game? it's pretty good. and that's all that has to be said about it.
  59. May 22, 2014
    TF2 is a is a fun game(if you'r into CoD you should'n jump on this if you'r expecting to be the same as CoD)
    it have team based gameplay and players need to work together to get pass a certain obstacle
    Weapons:the weapons have specific uses on them so it a good idea to choose a right weapon for a certain obstacle and certain time to use it Classes:each classes have specific things on
    Classes:each classes have specific things on them and have their own traits which some people can laugh to
    Graphic:it kinda depends what kind of computer your using (i have no experience with the lunix version)
    so i can't really say
    Gameplay:it not like others FPS games it have a unique style that others may not have like in CoD players would go off on their on and handle the situation on their on but in TF2 you need help like in sentries camping place you need a medic with uber or demo man with sticky bomb in order to destroy it.
    In almost every map there always an alternative exit people can take to avoid the other team players,avoid the camping or destroy it,or just to get something like a briefcase.
  60. May 18, 2014
    This game is a classic that every player must have. It is free, and yet it is a very good game A game to play with friends, Team Fortress 2 will ensure hundreds of hours of fun. A bit like Garry's Mod, there are many mods available on the game, such as Saxton Hale, my favorite. In short, free install emergency game!
  61. May 15, 2014
    Just like DOTA 2, this game started out with the great idea of a fun MP. Over time, it became about getting HATS! MORE HATS! Unlockables took over and the game became all about money. Play the original team fortress if you wanna have fun. With free games, you get what you pay for.
  62. May 5, 2014
    This is a great game for your friends and just alone. You can play it for hours on end with all the different servers! It is a free to play game that you need to have steam for. The only thing wrong with it is that You now have to buy something from the store to start earning items and also players who buy things from the store have an unfair advantage. The store does give the game a funThis is a great game for your friends and just alone. You can play it for hours on end with all the different servers! It is a free to play game that you need to have steam for. The only thing wrong with it is that You now have to buy something from the store to start earning items and also players who buy things from the store have an unfair advantage. The store does give the game a fun aspect though if you cant find that one gun you really want. Well I hope you can enjoy this game as much as I have. Expand
  63. May 1, 2014
    Well, I can easily see why this game is well received. The characters are absolutely hysterical, the mechanics are well balanced, and the excellent presentation.

There are nine character classes, each with a colorful personality and a unique style of game-play. I think the release timing was in part because Valve tried so hard to make this an almost perfect game. The mechanics are

I think the release timing was in part because Valve tried so hard to make this an almost perfect game. The mechanics are balanced with every detail in mind, and that rarely happens nowadays with most FPS games. I'm talking about Call of Duty as the main game series that does this.

The presentation is well fit to the frivolous nature of the game. The graphics are quite cartoon-ish, and the music amazingly arranged, and well suited to violent psychopath mercenaries (and killers for hire.)

There are few flaws with this game, one of the primary flaws is the lackluster storyline. It might as well have been written out of a terribly written novel without a point to it.

This game isn't quite a perfect 10, but one of the closest to it I have ever played. If the scale was a 100 scale, it would be a 96-97 for me.
  64. May 1, 2014
    Pretty much the best multiplayer FPS of all time. I played this game religiously for about 3 years from 08 to 2011. Counter-strike may be more competitive and realistic, but TF2 is way, way more fun and has way more replayability value. It is now 6 years since its release, and it is still an excellent game that is better than 99% of shooters.

Valve did an amazing job with the classes,

Valve did an amazing job with the classes, the game modes, and the balance between them. If you get bored of one class, guess what, you have many more to play instead. Every class feels unique and fun. Also, there is nothing quite like getting Ubered as a heavy and mowing down 10 enemies, or getting a Kritzkrieg with a demo on a map with tight hallways.

The graphical style is also incredibly unique and so good that it looks awesome even now in 2014. Really, I have nothing negative to say about TF2. I haven't been playing it in a while but I know it still has an awesome community, and if I ever feel like playing, there are a couple people on my Steam friends list that were there from the beginning and still playing.
  65. Apr 19, 2014
    This game has a bunch of amazing things for it, i got lost in this game and within less then a year i spent more then 1,287 hours. Very addicting and constant updates. Great community too!
  66. Apr 13, 2014
    Single handedly the best game I've ever played in my life. This is the most balanced game ever created (yes including chess). Famous for being one of the first games that provided endless non stop free updates to keep the game fresh and interesting. To this day the community is as strong as ever and this game continues to inspire gamers and developers alike and give them something amazingSingle handedly the best game I've ever played in my life. This is the most balanced game ever created (yes including chess). Famous for being one of the first games that provided endless non stop free updates to keep the game fresh and interesting. To this day the community is as strong as ever and this game continues to inspire gamers and developers alike and give them something amazing to strive towards.
    To say I got my "bang for my buck" would be a grievously colossal understatement. No game in history as ever been so good that it helped sell other games by offering items to redeem in that very same game. As such I think it's important to give proper respect to a game that essentially inspired gamers to try more and different games in the process. Hand's down, in solemn solute and prayers, this game is in a league of its own. I only regret that I could not give this game a score higher than 10.
  67. Apr 13, 2014
    I'm not sure what it is about Team Fortress 2 that makes it so great. At first glance, it's very generic to comparison of most online shooters, but there is something that makes Team Fortress 2 unique stand out, perhaps it's the effort developers obviously put into it, perhaps it's the funny side remarks, whatever it is, Team Fortress 2 is a one-of-a-kind game.
  68. Apr 4, 2014
    people are hating on the f2p restrictions. to them all i can say is buy a 49 cents item from the store and shut
    the **** up. there is a reason why this game is 9,2.
  69. Mar 31, 2014
    A really fun game with super fun mechanics. Has some performance issues when new updates get released but nothing that can't be fixed by tweaking settings. Free game with lots to do. Multiple different game modes, hats **** and other hsit (man i dont even play this game). Artstyle is so great and it's always stayed the same, following the guidelines that Valve created, no wacky hats like,A really fun game with super fun mechanics. Has some performance issues when new updates get released but nothing that can't be fixed by tweaking settings. Free game with lots to do. Multiple different game modes, hats **** and other hsit (man i dont even play this game). Artstyle is so great and it's always stayed the same, following the guidelines that Valve created, no wacky hats like, idk, pony heads or heavy fairy sets. It's also free so that's pretty cool I guess, unless you're one of those idiots who don't want the game to grow and you're pissed at the new players instead of helping them but whatever. (that sentence woah) Pubs are fun to mess around in and competitive scene is fun and challenging. Probably the best game I've ever played, however the game is dead so I have to give it a 1/10. Expand
  70. Mar 30, 2014
    Used to be really good, but the increasing amount of bugs, performance issues, crashes and flat out broken weapons combined with Valve's completely non-existing incentive to communicate with or properly listen to the playerbase, or even just their hesitance to implement the tons of different fixes that the community has made for them through the years, will make me give the game a scoreUsed to be really good, but the increasing amount of bugs, performance issues, crashes and flat out broken weapons combined with Valve's completely non-existing incentive to communicate with or properly listen to the playerbase, or even just their hesitance to implement the tons of different fixes that the community has made for them through the years, will make me give the game a score of 1 now.

Go buy the game if you want a little fun in the start, but you better be lucky with your setup to not have bad performance, and you will eventually grow tired of Valve's neglect and realize why I'm right.
  71. Mar 21, 2014
    A truly, wonderfully, amazing game that has absolutely no boundaries to its diversity and gameplay. A perfectly balanced array of nine varied classes to choose from, the cartoonish yet distinct and unique skins and textures, are just the few strong points Team Fortress 2 have that makes it a genuinely fun game for everybody to play.
  72. Mar 20, 2014
    Not a bad game. However, a lot of people play and praise this just because it is free. The gameplay is good and it isn't a bad game, it just doesn't stand up compared to other games that I have paid for.
  73. Mar 15, 2014
    With the map editor, endless items waiting to be approved in the Steam Workshop and the 9 classes for any kind of FPS player, you will play Team Fortress 2 for a long time! And guess what? This games is FREE TO PLAY! So you only need 8GB free on your hard drive and you are good to go! Even if TF2 has micro-transactions, they are not really going to make a difference but if you want to stayWith the map editor, endless items waiting to be approved in the Steam Workshop and the 9 classes for any kind of FPS player, you will play Team Fortress 2 for a long time! And guess what? This games is FREE TO PLAY! So you only need 8GB free on your hard drive and you are good to go! Even if TF2 has micro-transactions, they are not really going to make a difference but if you want to stay unique from other players, you might spend £50 on your items without even realising:) In my opinion, give this game a try because you have nothing to lose! Expand
  74. Mar 8, 2014
    Team Fortress 2. As soon as I saw the Meet the Team trailers for this game, I knew I had to have it. These trailers were so well done, that I think that just one of them would be a perfect short that plays before a movie. As for the actual game, I finally got my chance to play it at Christmas time in the year 2011 when I got it with the Orange Box, which also came with Half-Life 2 andTeam Fortress 2. As soon as I saw the Meet the Team trailers for this game, I knew I had to have it. These trailers were so well done, that I think that just one of them would be a perfect short that plays before a movie. As for the actual game, I finally got my chance to play it at Christmas time in the year 2011 when I got it with the Orange Box, which also came with Half-Life 2 and Portal. So is this game as amazing as I had hoped it would be from the awesome trailers, or is the game just your average class-based multiplayer shooter with cartoony graphics? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is just about the most fun gameplay imaginable in a video game. The entire game is a class-based multiplayer first-person shooter. There are several different modes of play in this game. There is attack and defend, which is a mode where the blu team (no, I did not just spell "blue" wrong, that is really how the team is spelled in the game) attacks control points, and the red team defends them. The blu team needs to capture these points before time runs out, while the red team needs to defend them until time runs out. There is also king of the hill, where both teams must compete over a central control point, and hold it for a certain amount of time. Then there's capture the flag, which is capturing the enemy's briefcase of intelligence while defending your own. There are many more modes, but these are just to name a few. You begin each mode by choosing the class you want to play as out of all nine classes in the game. The classes are scout, soldier, pyro, demoman, heavy, engineer, medic, sniper, and spy. All of these classes are very fun to play as because they are all totally different in both gameplay and personality. The scout is the fastest class in the game, and is good for quick offensive raids. The soldier is the most balanced class in the game, with average speed, and a very powerful rocket launcher. Pyro can set things on fire with his flamethrower at close range, and that's all that really needs to be said. The Demoman has a grenade launcher, which he can use to lob grenades at enemies. The heavy is the most powerful class in the game, and can destroy everything with his minigun. The engineer can build turrets and dispensers to help defend locations. The medic can heal everyone on the go with his medigun. The sniper can take out enemies from a distance with his sniper rifle, and the spy can disguise himself as the enemy, and back-stab them with his knife. As for what I mean by different personalities, I mean that the classes themselves are essentially their own characters in the game. They all come from different countries, have different back stories, and even have their own sense of humor and quotes. Because the classes of this game are all so different, this makes the game utterly unique compared to other multiplayer shooters. The game has many unique game modes to play as well. This game is so much more than your average first-person shooter, and that's a good thing. It went so far to be unique, and succeeded spectacularly. As for the graphics, let's just say, if you thought the gameplay of this game was unique, just wait till you see the graphics. Not only is the gameplay different from the average first-person shooter, but the graphics are different as well. Most shooters try for a realistic approach to graphics, making everything look as close to life as possible. This game however, does the exact opposite, it tries to make the game look as cartoony as possible. That's right, this game's graphics go for the cartoony approach rather than the realistic one like most shooters. Of course, the real question is, does this game succeed with this cartoony approach? I can happily say that the answer is yes. The game not only looks beautiful, but it also fits the already zany feel of the game. As for the presentation, it is one of the best I've ever seen in a multiplayer shooter. Everything in this game handles well, and everything is easy to use and access. Overall, I'd say if you don't have this game, you need to get it now! This is a game that everyone in the world needs to play. It has spectacular gameplay, beautiful graphics, and a wonderful presentation to top it all off.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Presentation: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  75. Mar 7, 2014
    Another entertaining game by Valve. It has unique cartoonish graphics, makes the game funnier. Game play is quite good, satisfies enough. In the game, there are nine well-designed classes. They have some advantages and disadvantages, you should choose them according to you playing style. By the way, don't forget the maps, they designed very well too. You can spent hours in the same map,Another entertaining game by Valve. It has unique cartoonish graphics, makes the game funnier. Game play is quite good, satisfies enough. In the game, there are nine well-designed classes. They have some advantages and disadvantages, you should choose them according to you playing style. By the way, don't forget the maps, they designed very well too. You can spent hours in the same map, seriously.

Anyway, 10 out of 10 to you TF2. You deserved it!
  76. Feb 26, 2014
    Still the only FPS I regularly boot up and have some zany fast paced fun playing. Never gets old, still looks great. Play this game if you like FPS in the team Vs team style. And there are so many modes, you should not get bored. MEDIC!
  77. Feb 24, 2014
    This is the best PC fps in my opinion it has amazing maps some community made cool weapons and tons of classes the only bad thing is pyros they are OP.
  78. Feb 19, 2014
    It's quite a funny game in the beginning, but in the long-term it gets boring for me. It's really diversified, without a lot of classes, weapons, items, etc.
    I mostly recommend it to young teenagers ages 10-15 and to all people who like A LOT of mayhem.
  79. Feb 10, 2014
    This is in my top 5 games I have ever played. It is amazing fun and if you are a fan of quick paced action games I guarantee you will be kept entertained. This game is fantastic to play with friends. The classes are enjoyable on their own and each has their own personality, It's also free to play so if you have the time, hard drive space and desire I think you have no excuse for notThis is in my top 5 games I have ever played. It is amazing fun and if you are a fan of quick paced action games I guarantee you will be kept entertained. This game is fantastic to play with friends. The classes are enjoyable on their own and each has their own personality, It's also free to play so if you have the time, hard drive space and desire I think you have no excuse for not playing this game. Expand
  80. Feb 7, 2014
    I've been playing this game for years now. Gotta say without a doubt that its one of the best FPS games made to date. Sure it doesn't have the "realism" of games like Call of Duty or Battlefield but it makes up for that with smooth and engaging gameplay. The devs have been great about keeping the game updated and fresh.

True, many will point out that the current game is nothing like the

True, many will point out that the current game is nothing like the game when it first came out. The addition of hats and new weapons completely turned the game upside down. However, as crazy as it may seem right now, the changes have kept this games community thriving and has made fresh could've gone stale years ago. Kudos Valve for this masterpiece!
  81. Feb 2, 2014
    Well, what should I say. The classes are funny and balanced. The weapons are perfectly balanced and will get changed if too over or underpowered. Some bugs, even if funny, can be bad.
  82. Feb 2, 2014
    One of the most overrated games of this generation in my opinion. Since this game is free, i can't say it's a waste of money, but why waste time on a mediocre shooter, when you can get way better ones for just a few euros?
    None of the maps in this game are very memorable; they mostly just look the same. being able to choose out of 9 classes makes it seem like you have a lot of choice, but most of them (i'm talking to you, scout and medic) are useless compared to OP classes like heavy and pyro.
    The biggest flaw of the game, however, is how repetitive most game modes are. Let me tell you about one of the most played game modes; one team has to push a cart along a rail towards a certain point, while the other team has to prevent them from doing so. If you're on the cart-pushing team, this is basically what you do:
    1. Run to the cart.
    2. Push it forwards for maybe 50cm.
    3. Get blown up by sticky bombs and launchers.
    4. Wait for the 15-second respawn delay to end.
    5. Repeat.
    And for the defending team, all you do is throw explosives to the cart, hoping to get a kill. Almost every FPS game (even good ones) are repetitive in a way, but TF2 makes it way too obvious.
    Further on, there's ofcourse a team deathmatch game mode, which is pretty mediocre as well, a capture the point game mode, which is almost just as repetitive as the one i just spoke about, and some more that i don't remember.
    There's no problem in downloading this game since it's free, but don't expect a lot from it.

Overview:

Presentation: 8
    Menu's look good, and the game luckily isn't full of glitches.

Graphics: 6.5
    although the game looks fun, maps are very repetitive.

Sound: 5.5
    No memorable soundtrack or voice acting, and guns don't sound great either.

Gameplay: 3
    This is what i hate the game the most for, since it's repetitive, the classes are unbalanced, and there isn't a single game mode that involves any strategy.

Lasting appeal: 4
    Not much depth in the game, no outstanding maps or game modes, so it wears off quickly.
  83. Jan 23, 2014
    This game is a lot of fun all the different kind of classes and weapons makes for a really fun game the only reason I can't give it a ten is because the lack of maps.
  84. Jan 21, 2014
    TF2 is a free game.
    It is 100 times better than Call Of Duty or Battlefield (ok, maybe not battlefield4)
    Seeing as it is free, i will leave the reason to get it up to you to find out.
    SO GO GET THIS FRIGGIN GAME
  85. Jan 16, 2014
    One of the best online multiplayer shooters ever made. It's the very definition of how a game should be balanced. Even though I have over 250 games in my Steam library and plenty of online shooters to choose from, I always find myself coming back and playing a few rounds on my favorite servers.
  86. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is an endless amount of fun. It is always going through updates, which make new weapons, hats, and other things, such as modes. The newest mode, Mann vs Machine (MVM) is really fun, you fight robots that look like the characters you can be! Get it. Its an endless amount of fun, which is free now!
  87. Jan 11, 2014
    9/10 Amazing

Team Fortress 2 is essentially a fun, free game without any major elements that grants it a "Pay To Win" title. In this game, you'll unlock items normally through achievement progressions and whatnot. Cosmetics: Plays a part in character customization, where hats and clothing can be purchased with real-life money in the in-game shop. Most weapons are really balanced
    9/10 Amazing

Most weapons are really balanced from my experience, every single different one has advantage(s) and disadvantage(s) (except the basic ones). The only other way to unlock weapons faster outside of completing the achievements is by purchasing it in the in-game shop.

Game modes: Good variety of them.

Each classes are equally thought out and balanced. With roles completely different from the other.

Graphics aren't really great, but i'll give them some slack since they're using the Source engine and obviously because it is a 2008 title... OT: Source engine's hit detection is GREAT
  88. Jan 6, 2014
    It's really hard to pinpoint any negative aspect in this game. Like it intends to, the game emphasizes teamwork with nine classes that are all balanced and have distinctly different roles and abilities. The vast arsenal of weapons you get allow for multiple playstyles and strategies. Valve updates the game on a regular basis, and as of now there are more than enough maps to play on withIt's really hard to pinpoint any negative aspect in this game. Like it intends to, the game emphasizes teamwork with nine classes that are all balanced and have distinctly different roles and abilities. The vast arsenal of weapons you get allow for multiple playstyles and strategies. Valve updates the game on a regular basis, and as of now there are more than enough maps to play on with many different gamemodes. So as you can see, there's a great deal of variety. Sound design is excellent throughout, and the brilliant visual style still looks great years after its release. Highly recommended for FPS fans. Expand
  89. Dec 29, 2013
    This game is almost a requirement for anyone new to the PC gaming community. Not only does this game provide a AAA title with excellent weapon choice, balance, and class roles, it's also an entirely free game. Additionally, this game's Free to play (F2P) model is a great example for any developer, as even though it provides perks like inventory space, drop rate, and trading when upgradingThis game is almost a requirement for anyone new to the PC gaming community. Not only does this game provide a AAA title with excellent weapon choice, balance, and class roles, it's also an entirely free game. Additionally, this game's Free to play (F2P) model is a great example for any developer, as even though it provides perks like inventory space, drop rate, and trading when upgrading to premium, no item or gametype is restricted from any Free to Play user.
    However, this game has a large "trading" system in-game, allowing players to trade items to each other. This may sound like an interesting mechanic, but many players have turned Team Fortress into a hub for trading, making servers for almost only such an act. If you are not interested in profiting from trading, avoid any server with a trade tag. As well, this game does not have a CD format and takes a large amount of data to download.
    Overall, 8/10 felt appropriate for recent server implications and the data overhaul needed, but find a good list of servers to favorite, and you shouldn't have to ever worry about them. Also, a Terabyte of Memory is the average data of a modern desktop, and 14 gigs shouldn't be a problem unless you have a poor connection to the Internet. Not just a recommendation or a suggestion, almost a requirement.
  90. Dec 27, 2013
    I don't know why people love this game, it's the worst game developed by Valve. It's a generic shooter where you have to jump here and there and nothing more. You have good customization options, but it doesn't worth. The graphics are good, but it can be better (the effects are very standard). It's a good game? Yes, and its free, but it is not a great game like everyone says.
  91. Dec 26, 2013
    I have no idea why there are negative reviews. This game combines unique cartoon like graphics, fun shooting, and humor for no price. Hats are awesome and the weapons are good. Each class has weaknesses and strong points. The game is a must have :D
  92. Dec 22, 2013
    Definition of awesomeness It´s pretty much boring alone, but once you have a friend playing, this game gets really funny and you can play it for days. There´s always something new to try.
  93. Dec 12, 2013
    Worst game ever spent all my money on virtual hats and fed Gabe Newl 7 billion chocolate bars with that money. P.S awesome game most fun you'll have had shooting each other
  94. Dec 9, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 is the perfect blend of seriousness and silliness, from hats that have planets spinning around them to flip flops this game has it all. I highly recommend this game to anyone interested.
  95. Dec 4, 2013
    An amazing game for anytime of the day, I'm always playing this. I seriously recommend getting Team Fortress 2, I'ts simply amazing. I literally play this every single day just to be entertained.
  96. Nov 30, 2013
    This is just a great game which is meant to be fun. I don't think that it is for everyone, however, I can't stop playing this game. I just bought Battlefield 4, but I am still playing Team Fortress 2. I love the goofiness of the game and the pacing is fantastic. Check it out, its free, and then you can decide for yourself if you like this game.
  97. Nov 27, 2013
    This game ruined my life. It is the best multiplayer shooter i ever played! Simply amazing! You have nine different classes to play and the cartoon graphics make the game better, more funny!
  98. Nov 25, 2013
    One of the best free to play FPS games ever to be created. It requires you to participate with the team to complete the objectives instead of just brainlessly killing people over and over again like in Call of Duty. This is also one of the few good cartoon FPS games. It is casual so no one gets mad at you for fooling around. I love how each class has their own personality and abilitiesOne of the best free to play FPS games ever to be created. It requires you to participate with the team to complete the objectives instead of just brainlessly killing people over and over again like in Call of Duty. This is also one of the few good cartoon FPS games. It is casual so no one gets mad at you for fooling around. I love how each class has their own personality and abilities that lets the player contribute to the team. My only problem is that there are a lot of bugs due to the constant updates (which I love). I would give it a 9.5 if I could. Expand
  99. Nov 23, 2013
    Tf2 one of the best games i'll ever play in my life so addicting so entertaining, people say the game got ruined because of the weapons and the store well that's not true unlike many games tf2 is not a pay to win game and people often get confused the new weapon they find is isn't better than their old one no it isn't and in most cases the default weapon i much better since the others haveTf2 one of the best games i'll ever play in my life so addicting so entertaining, people say the game got ruined because of the weapons and the store well that's not true unlike many games tf2 is not a pay to win game and people often get confused the new weapon they find is isn't better than their old one no it isn't and in most cases the default weapon i much better since the others have ups and downs but it actually depends on your style and what situation you are in and there are many ways to find these items, you acquire them via drop system, you trade them with other people,you do achievements or buy them but don't do that only spend 5 dollars on the game so you have a better drop rate. There are many other different items including hats which do not affect gameplay but affects what other players think of you and the most expensive hat is a unusual team captain I think worth about $4000 usd Expand
  100. Nov 23, 2013
    I have spent many, many hours just fiddling around in this game. This masterpiece just keep making itself better and better and more enjoyable. I see all the work they put into this project. However, I do how people do not like this game because of the cartoony and funny feel. This game was made to be a very serious FPS with GET TO POINT GAMMA GO! GO! GO! But then, this game just got lessI have spent many, many hours just fiddling around in this game. This masterpiece just keep making itself better and better and more enjoyable. I see all the work they put into this project. However, I do how people do not like this game because of the cartoony and funny feel. This game was made to be a very serious FPS with GET TO POINT GAMMA GO! GO! GO! But then, this game just got less like that. A hat simulator. Who would've guessed that? Lots of random things happen and makes the gamer laugh and enchance how rich the game is. This game is one of my absolute favorite games and one I would spend money on just for items. I hope you enjoyed this random "speech". How do you think about my first critic? Expand
  101. Jun 28, 2014

All classes have purpose
    It is completely balanced
    its now free-to-play
    the weapons are unique and have their own strengths
    I've spent over 100 dollars in this game. and i must say...
    worth it.

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.