Team Fortress 2 PC

9.1

1. Jan 17, 2017
    Peut étre un tres bon jeu a son lancement mais aujourd'hui un simple pay2win avec une communauté cancer et des mise a jour de moindre utilité ... bref un jeu mort dépacé par overwatch.
  2. Aug 28, 2016
    Rip off of overwatch. Come one Valv! I thot u wer bettir then this. Rippin off popular game series are not ok. I want you guys to continue csgo gambling sites. please ;)
  3. May 22, 2016
    This monstrosity of a game is extremely ugly and terible, it is by far the worst game i have ever played. Valve made plenty of great games but this is just offensive to the gaming community. It is ugly, unbalanced, everyone trolls, laggy, near imposssible to play with friends, unclear. And don't even get me started on the worst invention since the atomic bomb. I truly advice you not to play this.
  4. Nov 3, 2015
    Booting up TF2 I was excited to experience what many claim is greatness within this game. I was met with frustrating team mates and everyone else having special gear that made them overpowered. There was no greatness. Only a samurai sword that chopped me into a thousand pieces every match no matter what I tried to do.
    The only things I enjoyed about TF2 were the selection of classes you
    The only things I enjoyed about TF2 were the selection of classes you could play and the different game modes available.
  5. Oct 27, 2015
    This game used to be good. From it's launch till 2011 it was good. But then Valve decided to mess the whole thing up. It went from a fantastic fun online shooter, to a worthless, incohesive cluster of junk. Now instead of a fun online shooter, it is just another pathetic 'Free to Play' cashgrab that revolves around virtual items that cost real money. Speaking of the virtual items, theThis game used to be good. From it's launch till 2011 it was good. But then Valve decided to mess the whole thing up. It went from a fantastic fun online shooter, to a worthless, incohesive cluster of junk. Now instead of a fun online shooter, it is just another pathetic 'Free to Play' cashgrab that revolves around virtual items that cost real money. Speaking of the virtual items, the balancing on most of the weapons is off, and all of the costumes look ridiculous/don't go with the games initial theme at ALL. The game used to have a fantastic & unique cartoony style, but that is now overshadowed with absurd cosmetics/items. They seriously added a My Little Pony hat! Come on, who thought that would be a good idea? I can't remember the last time they released a half decent update. Actually, nevermind that. I do remember. It was the Engineer Update...BACK IN 2010! And to top it all off, the game has gotten stupidly buggy. I remember when it was almost polished to perfection, barely any bugs at all.
    This used to be one of my favorite games of all time. But now whenever I see it, I cringe. This game has become cringe worthy.
    Team Fortress 2 has lost ALL of its soul. This isn't TF2. TF2 doesn't exist anymore. It was replaced by...whatever THIS garbage is.

Also Meet the Pyro was awful. One of the most interesting classes in the game and they didn't even make a decent video for him.
  6. Sep 8, 2015
    Metagame Tactics Trash. If I opened a box, the box would be recycled from trash. Then I would open the box and the box would be filled with s**t. And I go, "NOOOOOO! TEAM FORTRESS 2!"

True story.
  7. Jun 21, 2015
    NOTE: This review is based off of my experience with the game, I will not be referring to any server or any user in this review, I am not against anyone whatsoever. This is overall my opinion of what I thought of the game overall, this will be the longest review I will ever do.

First I would like to say that Valve has done an excellent job at developing their games and making their commuinity statisfied. So why do I not recommend Team Fortress 2? Well the gameplay itself is fun and enjoyable, the community itself is not.

My Expierence With the Gameplay
    After waiting nearly 7 hours of installing the game on my brand new computer I was finally ready to play what players and critics call "The Greatest FPS Game Ever Made!" I loaded up the game, I was given the option to play the training section and know how to play the game, I realized that this is was not going to be the best part of the game, but I just had to know how to play. After completing the training section of the game I connected to a community server, I jumped into the game being a newbie, I admit I did not do very well at the start, but I had some potential of getting better each time I played the game. Some of the players I work with would tend to get angry because I was not doing so well, I simply ignored and found some strats with the different classes in the game and eventually got better. I played almost everyday because I felt so addicted to the game and the different game modes it had to offer.

I noticed that other players I was playing with had better items than me, so I asked how they got those so called "Unusual" items, they said to me that they traded for it, they also said that I could unbox those items, but they warned me that it was extremely rare that I could unbox it. I took their word of advice and I started to look for players who were willing to sell their items to other players, and that is where my expierence with trading comes in, the worst feature in the entire game.

My Experience With Trading
    I searched for a handful of servers to get me started with trading with other users. I eventually found a server to trade on, I looked in chat to see what other users were selling, most of them were selling normal items like weapons, hats, and other items. I noticed that players were also showing a price tag next to their items they were selling, they were selling items that cost like 1.33 refined metal, or 5.66 keys, I got confused on what this meant. I asked around the server to figure out what this so called "Pricing System" meant, players on the server responded by saying "Wut? You don't know what that means?" or "Is this guy a noob or something?", I obviously was not going to get the answer that I wanted, but of course I cannot get everything that I want. Some players advised me on what website to go to (not mentioning the name), so I took their word of advice and I looked online, the website apparently prices every single item in the game. I was shocked to find out that this website manipulates users into getting other players into listening to their stupid pricing system. So I browsed the website to look for the answer I wanted, I never found the answer that I wanted to hear. So at this point I began to ask to myself, why are players being forced to use this website to actually sell their items they want to get rid of from their backpack? I mean it's a good idea to prevent players from overpricing their items, but what is the entire point of trading if you cannot sell your items at your own prices? But wait! This website even overprices their items they list! For example, there is a hat in the game that costs 300 earbuds, if you don't know what earbuds are, they are a way to pay for items, these "earbuds" costs $60 USD, so do 300 X 60, that equals $18,000 USD, why would anyone pay that much money if it really does not mean anything besides gaining fame? Feels more like a game that rich people would play only to be amongst the wealthy. As I said, it sounds like a good idea, but it just does not work, this website overprices items that thieves and scammers will go after and attempt to steal from other players who are in possession of those items.
    Speaking of scammers and thieves, they are EVERYWHERE IN THIS GAME!!!!! Whether it is a game server, idle server, or trade server, there will always be a player who has had a past history of stealing from other players. The higher the value of an item, the more likely chance you will be added by a random person who will either A. Try to buy it off of you for a fair price. B. Will try and steal it from you. C. Will send you a random fake link to a fake website that will hijack your account (I have had countless users trying to hijack my account because I have an unusual in my backpack, I still get random friend requests even though I don't play the game anymore). so yes, they are EVERYWHERE!!
    The good thing about trading is you never know what you might get from other players if you agree to pay their price!

I would also like to mention I was a moderator on a trade server at one point in the game, I was a regular on this server, I often assisted with helping the staff catching rule breakers or someone who has had a past history with stealing from other players. They recommended for me to apply to work for their server, I agreed to apply for their server, I went on the official website for the server that they run and wrote my application to work for the server. I waited about 2 weeks for an answer, the owner of the server added me via Steam, he gave me the news that I got the position of a moderator. I said in my application that I had not been a part of a staff team anywhere else before the one I applied for, I figured that they would train me to learn how to be a good moderator, someone who can be an expert at knowing what to do, but nope! They instead threw me in without any training at all and NOT advising me what to do and what not to do, they did however how to use the console commands that the server had provided, I did not know what most of them did or did not know what each of them did. About 2 weeks later I was called into TeamSpeak (I actually had to this program on my computer) the staff was talking about how they were changing rules and that they were denying any sort of appeal from a specific website that does not exist anymore. After the meeting was over I was told to deny any existing appeal on the forums, I was told by an admin to do this action, I did what he told me and I posted on the forum posts, after I posted on the forums posts, the admin denied all of the posts. So a few days go by and I log back on my Steam account, I noticed a message that was sent to me by another staff member, he gave me a link to one of the appeals I was told to post on, I read that the person who was one of the people that I was told to post on tried to sue the server and website all together, so a few of the other staff members kept sending me messages blaming me for this entire thing when I was only doing what another adminstrator told me to do. So after this I decided to get off of my Steam account for an entire year, not knowing what was happening, I just did not decide to care anymore and left for good. I have never seen such a terrible server not giving a crap about their server and the way they treat their other staff members like this.

Final Opinion
    So that is my opinion of Team Fortress 2, I know that there maybe some things I went way too hard on, but this is my experience and what I went through while playing this game. The game is good itself, has a lot of effort that was but into the game, but the trade system is what destroys it from being a completely normal game, a majority of this game is just a cash grab, it seems that the message is: Have the most expensive item in the entire game and you win.
  8. Apr 26, 2015
    TF2 used to be something special, something that made it stand out from other games, however as timed passed Valve now ruined this game and made it a monstrous cash cow, not only that, but they keep doing stupid sh*t and ignore the stuff that needs addressing.

Firstly is F2P, sure it boosted the game's life span, but all it really did was add a huge amount of idiotic, immature and awful players into the game that poisoned the community, the community used to be friendly, they helped new players, we would laugh and smile while we enjoy TF2, now it's just "OMFG F2P NOOB!" "UR SH*T AND SO IS UR WHOEL FAMILY" and more terrible quotes that should stay in COD, players act aggressively for no reason and the amount of hackers has sky rocketed, thanks Valve, thanks for destroying a unique community with your sh*tty business model.

Secondly is how lazy the devs are now, TF2 got a lot of updates in 2011, in 2012 that dropped a bit, in 2013 and 2014 we get next to nothing except a million hats that nobody wanted and some underpowered/useless weapons, not only that but ALL UPDATES are nothing but cash cows, End of The Line was sliced and diced to death and only featuring hats, miscs AND A PAY 2 PLAY EVENT while we were promised new weapons, a new gamemode and map. The map was cut because "It's too confusing for new players" which is absolute bullsh*t because Valve has maps in the game which ARE EVEN HARDER THEN THE CUT MAP! You can still play the map on community servers, but it's still stupid that it isn't in the game, but yet harder maps are.
    If you thought End of The Line was bad, the Robotic Boogaloo is worse, 54 "New" hats! Oh sorry I meant 54 RESKINS of hats! While some are creative, most are just carbon copies of the original hats.

Thirdly is the Source engine, it's an awful engine that needs TO DIE, hitboxes are terrible and the glitches make Ride To Hell look stable and well polished, crashes everywhere and game changing bugs like getting into spawns and more. As for the hitboxes, you can headshot someone BLOOD COMES FLYING OUT, and nothing.... while they shoot your toe and you instantly die....

Fourth is balance, the balance is everywhere in this game, let me tell you what I mean...

Scout is alright, however he does have some gimmicky bullsh*t weapons like the Sandman and Flying Guillotine combo, he also has some useless weapons like the Sun on a stick and Back Scatter.

Soldier is too good, a powerful and reliable arsenal of weapons makes him a top pick for tryhards, and all you see is them getting 50 points at the end of the match while 2nd place has like 20, Soldier is balanced, but when a pro uses him, there's no downsides.

F*CK PYRO, Degreaser is absolutely broken and is a straight upgrade to all of the flamethrowers, plus VALVE KEEP IGNORING THIS WEAPON AND NERF EVERYTHING ELSE! I love how Pyro can be a crit wh*re but Heavy can't drop sandvichs to heal himself and Engineer not having the Pomson penetrate targets, so those are OP while Pyro kills 8 of the 9 classes without any skill/thought? 11/10

Demoman used to be overpowered, but recently he's been reworked and I like it, he's still strong as hell though but better then he used to be.

Heavy is balanced in my eyes, too bad everyone wants to nerf his Minigun while Pyro gets away again.

Engineer is annoying, but not overpowered.

Same goes for Medic.

Sniper suffers from the same issues I have with nearly ALL sniper classes, "If you can aim, there's no downside or counter!" seriously, try and fight a sniper who can aim GOOD LUCK! There needs to be a longer delay when you can headshot people and not do BS quick scopes.

Spy is annoying, but the only issue is the Ambassador, it suffers from the same issue with the Sniper, but I think it needs a rework since it's a straight upgrade to all the Revolvers.

Plus Valve are slow as sh*t to nerf weapons, it took 3 years for them to fix the Mini Sentry from healing itself when being built, AND 6 YEARS TO OVERNERF THE AXTINGUISHER!

There are a truck load of more complaints, however there is one thing I like about this game and it's the characters.

All of them are well developed, fun and very memorable and they are easily the best part of the game, I love watching SFM videos of them, I love reading the comics, I love GMOD videos on them, honestly I love everything about them, too bad the game their in is ruined.
  9. Sep 1, 2014
    It's a pretty good game, but one thing RUINS it. It is absolutely horrible for people that aren't very good at it. It is full of very experienced people which ruin the game for less experienced people. For the people that are awesome at it - it's insanely fun, and for the average people it is an absolute nightmare and that is enough for me to remove 6 points. 4.
  10. Jun 18, 2014
    This game is not in anyway good, for one there is this kid called Wolfgang (his steam account), he is literally a twelve. This game used to be about having fun, but has now developed into a source of money for Valve.
  11. May 15, 2014
    Just like DOTA 2, this game started out with the great idea of a fun MP. Over time, it became about getting HATS! MORE HATS! Unlockables took over and the game became all about money. Play the original team fortress if you wanna have fun. With free games, you get what you pay for.
  12. Mar 31, 2014
    A really fun game with super fun mechanics. Has some performance issues when new updates get released but nothing that can't be fixed by tweaking settings. Free game with lots to do. Multiple different game modes, hats **** and other hsit (man i dont even play this game). Artstyle is so great and it's always stayed the same, following the guidelines that Valve created, no wacky hats like,A really fun game with super fun mechanics. Has some performance issues when new updates get released but nothing that can't be fixed by tweaking settings. Free game with lots to do. Multiple different game modes, hats **** and other hsit (man i dont even play this game). Artstyle is so great and it's always stayed the same, following the guidelines that Valve created, no wacky hats like, idk, pony heads or heavy fairy sets. It's also free so that's pretty cool I guess, unless you're one of those idiots who don't want the game to grow and you're pissed at the new players instead of helping them but whatever. (that sentence woah) Pubs are fun to mess around in and competitive scene is fun and challenging. Probably the best game I've ever played, however the game is dead so I have to give it a 1/10. Expand
  13. Mar 30, 2014
    Used to be really good, but the increasing amount of bugs, performance issues, crashes and flat out broken weapons combined with Valve's completely non-existing incentive to communicate with or properly listen to the playerbase, or even just their hesitance to implement the tons of different fixes that the community has made for them through the years, will make me give the game a scoreUsed to be really good, but the increasing amount of bugs, performance issues, crashes and flat out broken weapons combined with Valve's completely non-existing incentive to communicate with or properly listen to the playerbase, or even just their hesitance to implement the tons of different fixes that the community has made for them through the years, will make me give the game a score of 1 now.

Go buy the game if you want a little fun in the start, but you better be lucky with your setup to not have bad performance, and you will eventually grow tired of Valve's neglect and realize why I'm right.
  14. Nov 10, 2013
    Lots of content updates. Very little game fixing updates. Mostly cosmetic bandaids and pretty hats to fill up your inventory to keep you from forgetting your game will lock up, crash, and not get patched for 2 months.
  15. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Though it was originally a game based on teamwork, the entire community is crap. With good and interesting maps, along with a (for some reason, hated) Free-2-Play status, it's a fun game. Except for the fact the people judge you on your ITEMS. If you don't have a hat that has some dumb effect, then you the most hated person in the game. Those people who first join the game are pummled to the ground with taunts of how they are "noobs" and "bad players", what do you expect? They just joined the game, don't expect them to be gods getting kills left and right. And then there are people who spend thousands just to buy these virtual hats, the game is nothing more than a hat simulator with players who wear dumb clothing thinking they are cool, along with the use of the same unfair technique on others, such as Scouts following someone across the battlefield just to kill you, Demomen who use their Sticky bomb launchers for offense, battle Medics that never respect or heal their own teammates, ETC.
    Not to mention, the biggest kill of the game are "Critical Hits". Why do these even exist? They turn a fair battle into a "kill the rabbits" gamemode. About to kill someone at point blank with a shotgun? Nope, 1 critical hit from a pistol and you are dead.
    Also, why aren't weapons and maps added to the game more often? Each patch that is added into the game is just filled with hats and other things.
    All in all, it's a good game, but unless you want to put up with spoil, unfair, and non cohesive players, don't waste your computer space.
  16. Sep 27, 2013
    I am Free-to-Play.
    I say this everyday:

HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS
  17. Jul 7, 2013
    Not very good, but there is still some fun to be had here. You play as 9 different classes, each with a different play style. I found myself feeling more at home with the Soldier and Heavy, since these guys are fairly easy to get kills with and tank through. There is also different game modes, which involve capturing points, or leading a payload bomb through a path through a map, toNot very good, but there is still some fun to be had here. You play as 9 different classes, each with a different play style. I found myself feeling more at home with the Soldier and Heavy, since these guys are fairly easy to get kills with and tank through. There is also different game modes, which involve capturing points, or leading a payload bomb through a path through a map, to name a couple. This game however is not for everyone, stay away if you don't like playing in a team. (That, and the increasing hat updates are breaking the game further and further as the days go by). This is a review of the vanilla game content released through Valve, as there is plenty of different community mods for the game, go try those if you don't like the vanilla game. Expand
  18. Jun 6, 2013
    My friend recommended this game to me on Steam, said it was a crazy, fun game, so I tried it out. First time, I was interested, training area, ok learning the basics, than the game its self... yeah about that.
    The thing that bugs me about this is that every gun in this "insane" game aren't even good, there's no assault rifles in this game for some strange reason and the rocket launcher is so weak. The only class that I actually liked was the Spy, he's sneaky, and can kill players with one shot with the revolver or knife, while the rest are complete crap. I can see so many people like this game for the MP, but I'm not seeing the quality, insanity, or excitement at all.
  19. Mar 24, 2013
    This game USED to be amazing. It USED to be one of the greatest games on the PC. Sadly, now it is absolutely horrible. I have put over 1k hours into the game, which shows that I used to love this game, but now it's all gone ot trash. I am not going to complain about the whole "F2P added 9 million noobs to the game" crap, but that is a downside. The problem is that it is no longer a classThis game USED to be amazing. It USED to be one of the greatest games on the PC. Sadly, now it is absolutely horrible. I have put over 1k hours into the game, which shows that I used to love this game, but now it's all gone ot trash. I am not going to complain about the whole "F2P added 9 million noobs to the game" crap, but that is a downside. The problem is that it is no longer a class vs. class shooter because of everything they added. The hundreds of weapons has ruined the game because it has made all the classes too versatile. A team could win because it had a superior team composition with good players (the way it SHOULD be) but now it is whoever has the greatest laser weapon and the rarest hat. Expand
  20. Dec 29, 2012
    It's not that good. It's even bad for a free game. The only reason that I got this was because my friends told me to get it, so I did, and after playing for about an hour, I decided that I had had enough because I had gotten so bored. The game-play is repetitive, the weapons boring, and the people are...special. I guess the reason that I don't like it is because I have never really likedIt's not that good. It's even bad for a free game. The only reason that I got this was because my friends told me to get it, so I did, and after playing for about an hour, I decided that I had had enough because I had gotten so bored. The game-play is repetitive, the weapons boring, and the people are...special. I guess the reason that I don't like it is because I have never really liked first person shooters, and this is one of the worst. Expand
  21. Dec 28, 2012
    Boring, too many updates.. its just a hat game, the list goes on and on and on.. No wonder its a free game, stay away! When I got this game it was part of the orange box, If when I purchased the orange box and knew about Team Fortress 2 at the time. I would of not have bought it. But I bought it only for the Half Life 2 series. Just a huge disappointment and largely a waste of hard drive space
  22. Nov 30, 2012
    This game sucks. I don't understand the hype behind it and I couldn't play over an hour before getting bored. It is a hat simulator with no sense of achievement, and valve charging tons of money for these hats is absolutely pathetic, even worse is the people who buy them. This game is mindless and there is nothing unique about it.
  23. Oct 31, 2012
    1 of the worst games I have ever , ever played in my life .

It is so pathetic - the attempt of valve to get easy fifty bugs .
    & the corrupted critics also giving good marks .
  24. Oct 24, 2012
    This game must be good. No, it must be a classic, it's developed by Valve! Well, I disagree. And no, it's not due to hats.

The problem I have with this game is funnily the classes itself. Picked a Spy and Pyro noticed you? Dead! Heavy noticed you, Medic is with him and you're a Sniper? Dead! Getting killed just because I didn't have a good class againts another player feels very stupid. In Section 8 for example you will have disadvanges, if your enemy has better loadout for specific style of combat but you still have quite large chance of killing the player. This game just gets the class thing wrong.

Another complaint is the map design. The default maps are usually about fighting in very small/thigh corridors, which feels very annoying when playing as Scout or Spy, which like open space where they can move freely. Community made maps on the other hand just scream for snipers or scream even louder for Pyro corners (My favourite class is Pyro btw).

The gameplay itself could be better, if it was faster too. Soldier and Sniper feel too effective due to how slow players' movement speeds are (Even with Scout) . Sure they are offensive based, but still a lot more annoying.

The game can be fun for people, who like extremely heavily focused teamplay. Otherwise it's better to just ignore this game. I for one don't fit to the teamplay focused group, even after thousands and thousands of hats.
  25. Oct 6, 2012
    What was going to be a "fun" game turned out **** graphic weapons and of course the crappy scattergun. They made the demoman to spawnkill everyone in the **** server, pyro to make people rage, and spy to annoy people. When you get on a server you get kicked by everyone if you are 6-10 years old. All This game was made for is to spawn, kill, and die with the process starting all over again.What was going to be a "fun" game turned out **** graphic weapons and of course the crappy scattergun. They made the demoman to spawnkill everyone in the **** server, pyro to make people rage, and spy to annoy people. When you get on a server you get kicked by everyone if you are 6-10 years old. All This game was made for is to spawn, kill, and die with the process starting all over again. And to top it off mvm sucks. Why? Your hand hurts after playing against a.i ed robots just like training mode only with worse a.i mobs. Conclusion: Tf2 Sucks **** Expand
  26. Sep 17, 2012
    This game is not a good choice for those that won't/can't buy weapons, or have bad luck finding them, in order to even out the player field. Many weapons are way too overpowered, making it too easy to kill groups of players in seconds. The aspect of the game is good and you'll find good teamwork if you find the right server. But it's mostly filled with 12yr olds who beg for anything youThis game is not a good choice for those that won't/can't buy weapons, or have bad luck finding them, in order to even out the player field. Many weapons are way too overpowered, making it too easy to kill groups of players in seconds. The aspect of the game is good and you'll find good teamwork if you find the right server. But it's mostly filled with 12yr olds who beg for anything you have. And there are players so overpowered that all they do is concentrate on finding/buying, or trading for, hats. Expand
  27. Jul 1, 2012
    This game oh man this game.What a utter sack of **** this game is, Riddle me this players giving this game after 2011 a 10/10 score, what is it about this ''amazing'' ''game'' that makes it deserve a perfect score? The answer is nothing, nothing at all. You know what i miss about this game? Well i mean its not like the game has no team work whats so ever and its not like every class hasThis game oh man this game.What a utter sack of **** this game is, Riddle me this players giving this game after 2011 a 10/10 score, what is it about this ''amazing'' ''game'' that makes it deserve a perfect score? The answer is nothing, nothing at all. You know what i miss about this game? Well i mean its not like the game has no team work whats so ever and its not like every class has overpowered uber weapons is it? Heres the short of it, Valve has made a money sucking abomination out of game that once required some thing resembling skill. Now its just a game filled with **** autistic kids who have nothing to do except play a Mature game and breathe heavily into their mikes begging you for one of those **** hats. 10/10 for a unbalanced camper/hacker/greifer feast with meaninglessness iteam and stupid children? Ill pass. Expand
  28. Jun 26, 2012
    Great graphics, utterly terrible gameplay. You know Valve staff don't play this, because it wasn't playtested before or after launch. Mid-match shuffles (& buy protection from same), 1234 items that come with 2346 silly, complicated rules and penalties utterly kills this game. You can try to play to win, but you can be sure the other members of your random team will just stand and snipeGreat graphics, utterly terrible gameplay. You know Valve staff don't play this, because it wasn't playtested before or after launch. Mid-match shuffles (& buy protection from same), 1234 items that come with 2346 silly, complicated rules and penalties utterly kills this game. You can try to play to win, but you can be sure the other members of your random team will just stand and snipe or stand around and not care about the gamemode objective - any of them. If you're thinking about paying for a game, don't buy this one. As soon as the novelty wears off, it will simply be exactly how it was designed - utterly pointless to play. Go for a proper multiplayer shooter, this ain't it. It's terrible. Expand
  29. Jun 17, 2012
    Valve has released some of my favorite games to play on the PC to date. Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, and Counter-Strike all have a spot in my heart for games. When Team Fortress 2 was released, I enjoyed playing it with the basic items/weapons that the game had released. Some of the weapons they have released today have definitely pushed me away from the game but the real kicker for me wasValve has released some of my favorite games to play on the PC to date. Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, and Counter-Strike all have a spot in my heart for games. When Team Fortress 2 was released, I enjoyed playing it with the basic items/weapons that the game had released. Some of the weapons they have released today have definitely pushed me away from the game but the real kicker for me was the adding of the Mann Co. Store (Which, for those of you who don't play the game, is an in-game micropayment service). Ever since then, the game has turned from an enjoyable team game to a fashion party. Players can now adorn themselves with hats, gear, and costume to personalize their character. While this creates a wide open space for creativity, it makes the game less appealing especially now that Valve is using it primarily as a revenue stream. I come from an older generation of gamers who played games made to be enjoyed and to receive money as a secondary goal. Few and far major game producers do this anymore. Video gaming has become a sad era of gross value, not entertainment and Team Fortress 2 exemplifies this. Expand
  30. Jun 10, 2012
    When i purchased this game it was the best game ive ever played in my entire life but ever since these updates ive uninstalled it.If a critic would rate this game now he would say that its got to be the most **** sucking piece of **** ive ever played I mean like half the time your going to be dying from the most overpowered sons of **** in the world of gaming which are the demoman,When i purchased this game it was the best game ive ever played in my entire life but ever since these updates ive uninstalled it.If a critic would rate this game now he would say that its got to be the most **** sucking piece of **** ive ever played I mean like half the time your going to be dying from the most overpowered sons of **** in the world of gaming which are the demoman, soldier, and heavy and the rest of the classes will make you want to blow your brains out. Dont download this **** sucking piece of crap called a game.I cant turn my review into a 0 but it is a 0. Expand

1. AceGamez
    The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.