Team Fortress 2 PC

9.1

1. May 18, 2016
    It's rare to find a free to play shooter as legendary and praised as Team Fortress 2. Maybe that's because it didn't start off as free to play. Regardless this is some highly enjoyable class-based shooting. One with some strategic options to go alongside the frantic, chaotic action.

There are a healthy amount of classes and modes to keep you coming back, as well as plenty of special items to acquire. Each with their own stats boosts and tradeoffs. You can unlock them all by playing naturally or buy them through some pretty pricey IAPs. They help add some extra depth to the game.

It's the type of experience where running and gunning isn't always going to help you. The shooting mechanics and aiming are kind of loose and a little floaty. Knowing the classes strengths and weaknesses is the key to being more successful. Everything is remarkable balanced, meaning that skill is the key to victory and not an over-reliance on overpowered classes or items. Everyone can contribute in their own way.

Given that this is a game that's been out for years now and doesn't do a great job of letting players in on just how deep it can be, the whole thing can be pretty rough on newcomers. Being stacked up against players who have been doing this for years and know just about all of the games secrets can be frustrating at first. However it rewards the time you put into it and those that take the time to master it's intricacies are sure to find a powerful new addition to their multiplayer rotation.

It's a filling and thoughtful dose of competitive and cooperative multiplayer. One that's made more appealing thanks to it's free to play nature, expensive IAPs aside. If you can get past the learning curve and really dive into the deeper elements of it then you are sure to find a very satisfying game. Even if you can't the fast-paced, crazy action is very entertaining on it's own and proves reason enough to stick with it.
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    "Team Fortress 2" is one of the most historically epic games Valve has ever made. The game only consists of multiplayer, but multiplayer at it's finest. The 9 classes are very balanced as well as the controls too. Gameplay is smooth and is equipped with sexy graphics. There are a variety of maps and game modes as well as constant updates from our trusty Valve. The only downside? There is"Team Fortress 2" is one of the most historically epic games Valve has ever made. The game only consists of multiplayer, but multiplayer at it's finest. The 9 classes are very balanced as well as the controls too. Gameplay is smooth and is equipped with sexy graphics. There are a variety of maps and game modes as well as constant updates from our trusty Valve. The only downside? There is no singleplayer or campaign. Nevertheless, TF2 is one of those games that defines "games". Expand
  3. Sep 28, 2011
    I enjoyed this game so much on Xbox, I bought it for PC. Now it's free. I prefered the original, which wasn't as deep and didn't give you choice of weapons. With all the updates and new stuff, the game isn't the same. It is by far the best game ever for teamwork. Classes are blanced and continuous patches and updates- and now it's free to play. What annoys me is why Valve didn't leave TF2I enjoyed this game so much on Xbox, I bought it for PC. Now it's free. I prefered the original, which wasn't as deep and didn't give you choice of weapons. With all the updates and new stuff, the game isn't the same. It is by far the best game ever for teamwork. Classes are blanced and continuous patches and updates- and now it's free to play. What annoys me is why Valve didn't leave TF2 as it was originally and release Team Fortress 3. Instead they update all 9 classes, add the item trading and then make it free to play. Seems like a bad business plan to me. Nevertheless, it's definitely worth checking out since it's really popular, a lot of support and huge community. Best of all, it's free to play. It's no about going out to get kills like on CoD, but working as a team. Expand
  4. Sep 10, 2016
    I think this game is one of the best Valve Games. Team Fortress is best Valve MMO Game. This game like in Overwatch, but Team Fortress was release in 2008 and Overwatch was release in 2016 and Team Fortress is free to play game, Overwatch isnt free to play game. Graphics in Overwatch is better than in TF2, but in TF2 is more characters, more weapons and more fun. Overwatch is good game,I think this game is one of the best Valve Games. Team Fortress is best Valve MMO Game. This game like in Overwatch, but Team Fortress was release in 2008 and Overwatch was release in 2016 and Team Fortress is free to play game, Overwatch isnt free to play game. Graphics in Overwatch is better than in TF2, but in TF2 is more characters, more weapons and more fun. Overwatch is good game, but TF2 is better. TF2 is one of the best MMO Games. Expand
  5. Aug 21, 2011
    Fun, fun, fun - with a BIG GUN! ):D And now it's free to play! So there is no reason not to try this Multiplaying Head Blaster from Valve!
  6. Dec 11, 2012
    The game has changed drastically since launch and there are a lot of OPINIONS about it. It's free to play now and after years of updates there are tons of official maps and game modes on top of all the community made content. The core gameplay is solid with "vanilla"/no-crit servers available if the hats and new weapons bother you so much. With tons of player customization options and userThe game has changed drastically since launch and there are a lot of OPINIONS about it. It's free to play now and after years of updates there are tons of official maps and game modes on top of all the community made content. The core gameplay is solid with "vanilla"/no-crit servers available if the hats and new weapons bother you so much. With tons of player customization options and user made content, this is my favorite non-"brown 'n' bloom" FPS on the market. Expand
  7. Jun 22, 2016
    Before it's release in 2007, I was more psyched to play TF2 then I'd been for any other game before. I've got more hours logged into it then any other Steam game, hours spent actually playing, and plenty of time spent just messing around with friends in our personal server, playing around with mods. Time spent killing robots in man vs. machine, and slapping around randoms on 24/7 DegrootBefore it's release in 2007, I was more psyched to play TF2 then I'd been for any other game before. I've got more hours logged into it then any other Steam game, hours spent actually playing, and plenty of time spent just messing around with friends in our personal server, playing around with mods. Time spent killing robots in man vs. machine, and slapping around randoms on 24/7 Degroot Keep servers. I have predominantly fond memories of the game, even if I don't play it much at all these days... but I'd sooner play this then Overwatch. Euugh. Expand
  8. Sep 6, 2014
    After this many years, it still holds up as one of the "most fun you can have online." Given that it's free, I don't think you've got anything to lose. 10/10
  9. Apr 13, 2014
    I'm not sure what it is about Team Fortress 2 that makes it so great. At first glance, it's very generic to comparison of most online shooters, but there is something that makes Team Fortress 2 unique stand out, perhaps it's the effort developers obviously put into it, perhaps it's the funny side remarks, whatever it is, Team Fortress 2 is a one-of-a-kind game.
  10. Sep 26, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is a brilliantly executed multiplayer game with a rich visual design that enhances the game play. The support and updates by Valve have led it to continuously improve over the years and the free to play business model TF2 has adopted will ensure that its a very influential game among western developers. Very few multiplayer games are flawless having unneeded modes andTeam Fortress 2 is a brilliantly executed multiplayer game with a rich visual design that enhances the game play. The support and updates by Valve have led it to continuously improve over the years and the free to play business model TF2 has adopted will ensure that its a very influential game among western developers. Very few multiplayer games are flawless having unneeded modes and complications but Valve's keen eye to design has ensured this is one of the best multiplayer games of its generation. Expand
  11. Aug 31, 2016
    This game if fun as **** go play this game............................................................................................................
  12. Aug 21, 2012
    I absolutely love this game, it brought action together with comedy very well, being addicted to the game at one point I foolishly spent £40 in their Mann.Co store for extra items, however trading these items over a long period of time has allowed me to get £120 worth of games through steam trading.
  13. Oct 12, 2011
    Ok so its not deep or meaningful but it is fun frenetic and great fun. One of the definitive first person shooters of the last few years and a classic all PC gamers should own!.
  14. May 11, 2013
    What can i say that hasn't been said? Its one of the best FPS's of all time. The few complaints with it i have are mainly server problems that still continue to keep me from playing this game sometimes, and Spies. I hate Spies. And yet i cant get mad because spies are difficult to play, and if you got good with them congrats cause i suck at playing spy.
  15. DME
    Jul 10, 2012
    Team Fortress 2 has gotten a really bad rep for making some huge mistakes. However, these mistakes have been resolved. All weapons are balanced again, including the unlockable ones. Cosmetics do not drastically change the appearance of a player. Players no longer trade things in the middle of a match and are actually playing objectively now. Spies can no longer attack while invisible.Team Fortress 2 has gotten a really bad rep for making some huge mistakes. However, these mistakes have been resolved. All weapons are balanced again, including the unlockable ones. Cosmetics do not drastically change the appearance of a player. Players no longer trade things in the middle of a match and are actually playing objectively now. Spies can no longer attack while invisible. And the biggest part, there's no longer massive updates every week. So you can spend more time playing and less time downloading things. With all these fixes, TF2 is an amazing and deep strategic shooter with lots of content, servers, and players, yet surprisingly remains hacker-free. Expand
  16. Feb 21, 2012
    I cannot think of a better team shooter than this. And like a fine wine this game has evolved and changed over the years into something even more dense, and with legs so long you can see them streaching into the sunset. A nearly perfect multiplayer game.
  17. May 16, 2013
    Valve: you either hate their games, or you love them. From Portal to Half Life to Left 4 Dead, we all know someone (if not ourselves) who is addicted to every single Valve game. Team Fortress 2 is one of those addicting games you either hate or love, but in my case? I love it. It's a straight forward shooter with nine classes (Sniper, Medic, Heavy, Scout, Engineer, Pyro, Demoman, SoldierValve: you either hate their games, or you love them. From Portal to Half Life to Left 4 Dead, we all know someone (if not ourselves) who is addicted to every single Valve game. Team Fortress 2 is one of those addicting games you either hate or love, but in my case? I love it. It's a straight forward shooter with nine classes (Sniper, Medic, Heavy, Scout, Engineer, Pyro, Demoman, Soldier and the Spy), with weapons and small apparel to be found while playing, about 300 Achievements to unlock, plenty of official gamemodes and servers, funny, competetive, Everything you need in a clever yet simply shooter. Expand
  18. Jun 24, 2015
    Team Fortress 2 or TF2 a game developed by my most favorite company Valve Corporation, is a sequel to the highly popular Team Fortress. The game is massively fun to play especially with your friends and even alone, this game is surely one of the best comedic multiplayer games of all time! Play as the Heavy, Spy, Medic, Scout, Denoman, Soldier, Engineer, Sniper and the mysterious one of theTeam Fortress 2 or TF2 a game developed by my most favorite company Valve Corporation, is a sequel to the highly popular Team Fortress. The game is massively fun to play especially with your friends and even alone, this game is surely one of the best comedic multiplayer games of all time! Play as the Heavy, Spy, Medic, Scout, Denoman, Soldier, Engineer, Sniper and the mysterious one of the bunch the Pyro as you blast your way through fun multiplayer maps. And although I do not agree to In-App Purchases and DLC, this game does offer In-App Purchases, the prices are fair! Expand
  19. May 27, 2017
    Downloaded this game yesterday , don't ask me why in 2017
    This game is hands down the best free to play shooter to ever exist and it will probably always be like that , humoristic weapons heroes , great action , the only thing is that this game might be to addicting to kids , I think they will spend their lifetime on it ( but also addicting for adults ofcource)
    Just download it but kids
    Downloaded this game yesterday , don't ask me why in 2017
    Just download it but kids be warned!!!!!
  20. Dec 16, 2012
    One of the best multiplayers of all time. The characters and art style of the game are all done with absolute perfection. The "Meet the" videos have the same amount of perfection. The gameplay and all classes are packed to the brim with pure fun. The additional content this game received over the years are both good and bad. Good, because the variety adds to the fun and addiction levels toOne of the best multiplayers of all time. The characters and art style of the game are all done with absolute perfection. The "Meet the" videos have the same amount of perfection. The gameplay and all classes are packed to the brim with pure fun. The additional content this game received over the years are both good and bad. Good, because the variety adds to the fun and addiction levels to this game, and help create new playstyles. And bad, because the extra addition of the weapons can cause more and more balance problems that could take a long time to fix. If you enjoy the unlock/hat trading economy as well, this game has that too. Expand
  21. Sep 6, 2011
    I began playing this game after it became free-to-play. As a newcomer, my initial reaction was that, as expected, there will be lots of micro transactions and the main menu does give the feeling of an item store. It even encourages you. Besides that, it is in fact a fun game. There are differentiated classes, with enough interesting and well designed maps. You may also choose to take partI began playing this game after it became free-to-play. As a newcomer, my initial reaction was that, as expected, there will be lots of micro transactions and the main menu does give the feeling of an item store. It even encourages you. Besides that, it is in fact a fun game. There are differentiated classes, with enough interesting and well designed maps. You may also choose to take part in a few different game types, and you will discover that some are a lot more fun that others. All the different hats one may choose to attach to their character gets tiresome almost from the very beginning. Nonetheless, Team Fortress 2 is proficiently designed with a focus on fun and fast paced action in mind. It is playful, it is funny, and it can be exciting. As with other online multi-player games, playing without any breaks may become repetitive. Especially if you are not doing very well. Expand
  22. Mar 22, 2016
    The best free to play game next to Path of Exile. I have been loading this game up randomly for the past 6 years and have been loving it all along. It is less punishing than Counter-Strike to jump into as a beginner and offers tons of good maps and game types, all for free.
  23. Dec 20, 2011
    No matter what year it is or how evolved video games have become Team Fortress 2 will always be a blast to play and one of the best multiplayer experiences, with the constant updates bringing new weapons and maps to the formula everything is simply perfect.
  24. May 1, 2014
    Pretty much the best multiplayer FPS of all time. I played this game religiously for about 3 years from 08 to 2011. Counter-strike may be more competitive and realistic, but TF2 is way, way more fun and has way more replayability value. It is now 6 years since its release, and it is still an excellent game that is better than 99% of shooters.

Valve did an amazing job with the classes,

Valve did an amazing job with the classes, the game modes, and the balance between them. If you get bored of one class, guess what, you have many more to play instead. Every class feels unique and fun. Also, there is nothing quite like getting Ubered as a heavy and mowing down 10 enemies, or getting a Kritzkrieg with a demo on a map with tight hallways.

The graphical style is also incredibly unique and so good that it looks awesome even now in 2014. Really, I have nothing negative to say about TF2. I haven't been playing it in a while but I know it still has an awesome community, and if I ever feel like playing, there are a couple people on my Steam friends list that were there from the beginning and still playing.
  25. Jan 4, 2015
    Very fun but... there are some game modes that confuse me a lot and its hard for me to understand the objective. Other than that the game is very fun and a nice first turn on 2008 PC gaming.
  26. Jul 4, 2016
    As a guy who has almost one thousand hours in Team Fortress 2, I can say that this game is incredible. You will experience a lot of cool things, such as MvM (Mann Vs Machine), Competitive mode (now, by the way, officially), and public games. All of these modes are awesome, and you will enjoy it. The mechanics is unique, the game style is pretty cool too. Moreover, there will be sense ofAs a guy who has almost one thousand hours in Team Fortress 2, I can say that this game is incredible. You will experience a lot of cool things, such as MvM (Mann Vs Machine), Competitive mode (now, by the way, officially), and public games. All of these modes are awesome, and you will enjoy it. The mechanics is unique, the game style is pretty cool too. Moreover, there will be sense of humour. One of the greatest games created by Valve Software. Expand
  27. Jan 9, 2013
    This game is amazing. I can't believe this game is so great, and it's only multiplayer. And the best part is that it's FREE! Sure, there are some people who buy the more advanced weapons, but cool thing is that you can earn the weapons. Unlike TDP4. This game is amazing.
  28. Aug 29, 2012
    Since Mann vs. Machine is out, I think it's time for a re-review of TF2. In case you don't already know; Team Fortress 2 is a competitive online shooter with wonderful cartoon visuals, engaging class-based teamplay and is still more fun than most other online shooters. The MvM update adds a fairly substantial co-op mode in which you team up with four others to stop robots from deploying aSince Mann vs. Machine is out, I think it's time for a re-review of TF2. In case you don't already know; Team Fortress 2 is a competitive online shooter with wonderful cartoon visuals, engaging class-based teamplay and is still more fun than most other online shooters. The MvM update adds a fairly substantial co-op mode in which you team up with four others to stop robots from deploying a bomb to your base, so it's basically an elaborate form of tower defence. Like the main game, MvM never ceases to be entertaining even whilst your team is getting repeatedly ground into the dirt. The game is also free, so unless you're paranoid about disk space, then Team Fortress 2 is a no-brainer, even if you're not into online shooting games. Expand
  29. Apr 10, 2012
    A great style, fun and balanced gameplay and quirky humour make this game a must-have for every PC gamer. Though there aren't really any issues with this game, I don't think it's outstanding either.
  30. Sep 1, 2013
    One of the best shooters I've ever played and its F2P and not like most F2P games ad supported or pay 2 win you can get all the weapons,hats and everything for free through deals promotions and crafting and the basic weapons still work just fine and the visual style is funny and entertaining
  31. Feb 28, 2013
    Awesome Free2Play Multiplayer Shooter!
  32. May 4, 2013
    This game is a cool, slick, balanced FPS. Really, really fun, and what's more, IT'S 100% FREE(mium)! It only has one problem, the trading. It seems ok that i would want to trade perhaps, my strange shortstop, for a strange Minigun or something, right? Well, due to the creation of websites such as TF2 spreadsheet, the trading community now evolves around 'prices'. This is ridiculous. EitherThis game is a cool, slick, balanced FPS. Really, really fun, and what's more, IT'S 100% FREE(mium)! It only has one problem, the trading. It seems ok that i would want to trade perhaps, my strange shortstop, for a strange Minigun or something, right? Well, due to the creation of websites such as TF2 spreadsheet, the trading community now evolves around 'prices'. This is ridiculous. Either way, that's just the trading and has nothing to do with the game. In short, this is a five-star title, for free. Expand
  33. Jan 24, 2016
    Graphics haven't become old, gameplay hasn't become repetetive, greatness has stayed the same... but one complaint, and here my out here: If you're going to offer a single player mode, why does every bot play the same? Snipers nad scouts will be running into combat, but hey, I'll give you that it's a multiplayer oriented game, so I'll give it a pass.
  34. Apr 13, 2015
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGG best game I've ever played in steam and amazing all and **** the characters weapons, generally fantastic maps and good to play with my friends and other people
  35. Sep 27, 2012
    I gave this a 9/10 simply because there is no Free For All. I started seriously playing PC fpses back in 2007, and COD4 had just been released so I went crazy over the Free for all mode. However, I bought TF2 in the beginning of summer 2009 for $20 and it was honestly the biggest bang for my buck I have EVER gotten (and now it is F2P). If you don't even try this game... wow. MostI gave this a 9/10 simply because there is no Free For All. I started seriously playing PC fpses back in 2007, and COD4 had just been released so I went crazy over the Free for all mode. However, I bought TF2 in the beginning of summer 2009 for $20 and it was honestly the biggest bang for my buck I have EVER gotten (and now it is F2P). If you don't even try this game... wow. Most unique FPS ever. Expand
  36. May 18, 2014
    This game is a classic that every player must have. It is free, and yet it is a very good game A game to play with friends, Team Fortress 2 will ensure hundreds of hours of fun. A bit like Garry's Mod, there are many mods available on the game, such as Saxton Hale, my favorite. In short, free install emergency game!
  37. Nov 2, 2014
    this game is epic lots of customisnation great characters the best character is the demoman or the scout or the engineer the gameplay is blanced unlike cod 4 were everything is broken tf2 is hands down the best game on pc and first person shooter even better than halo reach
  38. Jan 3, 2012
    This is one of the best shooter games that I have ever played (if not the best)! It's so great that it's really hard to describe into words. What I really have to like is the graphics. I think that the animated graphics are so great that it may even put Pixar to shame. However, the gameplay is where this game really shines. I had a lot of fun mowing down thousands of enemies as aThis is one of the best shooter games that I have ever played (if not the best)! It's so great that it's really hard to describe into words. What I really have to like is the graphics. I think that the animated graphics are so great that it may even put Pixar to shame. However, the gameplay is where this game really shines. I had a lot of fun mowing down thousands of enemies as a heavy, completing hard objectives as a scout, and using total stealth as a spy. As for the gameplay modes, I'm happy they just stuck to the classic capture the flag, payload, and control points rather than coming up with something new. If they just did something new, I probably wouldn't have liked it as much. My only real problem with this game is the lack of a mini-map. It is really hard to navigate through the battlefield without one. However, the rest of the game more than makes up for this. Before I played this game, I had also played Star Wars Battlefront. Star Wars Battlefront is amazing, but if you ask me, its got nothing on this. To here I thought Star Wars Battlefront was this good; I stand corrected. Expand
  39. Dec 21, 2011
    The best overall shooter game I've ever played, very creative and original as well. The fact that the game now is completely free and gets massive regular updates, and has hundreds of community created maps makes this perhaps the best game I have ever played, and I rarely give out 10 / 10!
  40. Jul 3, 2011
    Definitely a game that really inspires other games alike, TF2 is a true test for gamers. The gory humor and variety of weapons, maps, and modes, keeps you entertained for a LONG time. I would go far as to say to upgrade to the Premium account, because it is THAT good.
  41. Oct 15, 2011
    this is the best shooter ever, 3rd best game of all time, and only behind zack an wiki an cave story, so, uh... buy it: scout pyros, engineers, demos, everything a person could ask for, only prob is theres no campaign, and that is its hard, for ME, to get on a server, but theres always practice mode, so...

98% and free... so
  42. Mar 9, 2013
    Not much to say about this masterpiece of a game except the recent choices it has made such as the mann-conomy, micro transactions, Free-2-Play and the other bogus, plaguing/plagued the game with lag, crashes, DRM delay, hitbox denials and one of the worst communities of all time. Yet I'm still playing it now over 2000 hours to count. Why? Because It's a fun game and I sincerely wish thatNot much to say about this masterpiece of a game except the recent choices it has made such as the mann-conomy, micro transactions, Free-2-Play and the other bogus, plaguing/plagued the game with lag, crashes, DRM delay, hitbox denials and one of the worst communities of all time. Yet I'm still playing it now over 2000 hours to count. Why? Because It's a fun game and I sincerely wish that more game developers would take after it's old ideals instead of pushing crap like CoD through the sneeze tubes that is the entertainment industry today. Expand
  43. Jun 13, 2013
    TF2 is a superb multiplayer FPS experience that continues to get better and better with every update (although the sheer number of hats can be a bit annoying). The graphical style still holds up well today and the game is full of humorous lines from the various classes. Speaking about the classes, there is a large variety of different characters to play not seen in other online FPSs asTF2 is a superb multiplayer FPS experience that continues to get better and better with every update (although the sheer number of hats can be a bit annoying). The graphical style still holds up well today and the game is full of humorous lines from the various classes. Speaking about the classes, there is a large variety of different characters to play not seen in other online FPSs as much and this adds a large layer of depth to the game. Add to that lots of maps and weapons and you have tons of different ways to play this game. I've recently clocked 1000 playtime hours, but that number will increase. If you haven't played this game yet play it. TF2 is not just the best free to play game, but it is still quite possibly the best online shooter out there. Expand
  44. May 31, 2012
    No matter if you are old school and liked it vanilla, no matter if you instead like how it is now with its renewed checks and balances, no matter if you think hats are a good thing or a bad thing, optional or not, this game is probably the closer thing to perfection you'll ever get. If you don't think so, think again. If it IS not so, they are trying hard every time to improve it,No matter if you are old school and liked it vanilla, no matter if you instead like how it is now with its renewed checks and balances, no matter if you think hats are a good thing or a bad thing, optional or not, this game is probably the closer thing to perfection you'll ever get. If you don't think so, think again. If it IS not so, they are trying hard every time to improve it, maintaining that indie game spirit in contact with its community even after Valve became a colossus of a game industry. Everytime you complain about balance, even if in your head you apparently came up with what sounds to you like a good point, think of yourself in third person and verify if that is not if you are losing. If you are still not convinced, still think of any possible similar (which is already hard) FPS and realize that the balance is still the best there is. Who complains about these things is only right in a very small percentage of cases, in which Valve has shown to be willing to fix weapons that had been out for a lot of time already (es.: Sandvich). The only negative point I'll state is the Mannconomy. Not because users are sharks, that's their fault and not the game's, but mostly because it makes you think it's optional but uses the usual korean-mmorpg-like mindgames to almost make it non optional, cutting you a bit out of the game if you are not part of the market, not to mention the idea of crates which is pure money-sucking (buying for lottery tickets). Still, if these usually **** ideas are put there to fund such a great game, this complaint might as well be ignored. Expand
  45. Aug 16, 2012
    with endless amount of replay value, cartoonishly vibrant '60s themed outfits and map development, hilarious character classes that are all unique and finely balanced on scale, loads of new updates to improve the game, and now that the game is FREE, for life, makes this game even more worthwhile to play. There are plenty maps to choose from, plenty of game modes to play on, so many optionswith endless amount of replay value, cartoonishly vibrant '60s themed outfits and map development, hilarious character classes that are all unique and finely balanced on scale, loads of new updates to improve the game, and now that the game is FREE, for life, makes this game even more worthwhile to play. There are plenty maps to choose from, plenty of game modes to play on, so many options to choose from a always free game, Team Fortress 2 defines how a FPS shooter can be loads of fun as well as entertaining. Expand
  46. Feb 22, 2017
    This is the first game i ever got on steam and it was really fun playing with friends, The only proplem is that crappy Overwatch game that everyone is Craving about its such a shame.
  47. Dec 28, 2011
    I got this game for free without knowing much about it prior. 60 hours of playtime later, still going strongly. This is the best FPS ever made. Everything is simple but things get very complex later. There is a huge array of weapons. The whole game is ridiculous (in a good way) but that's why it's so much better than other FPSs such as COD. It's unbelievably addictive and the classes areI got this game for free without knowing much about it prior. 60 hours of playtime later, still going strongly. This is the best FPS ever made. Everything is simple but things get very complex later. There is a huge array of weapons. The whole game is ridiculous (in a good way) but that's why it's so much better than other FPSs such as COD. It's unbelievably addictive and the classes are very varied but have big room for customization. Basically, everyone with a good computer should get this game. Expand
  48. Mar 19, 2012
    This is a fun game, and the controls and very smooth and intuitive. It's very simple to jump into some multiplayer matches, run around, and shoot stuff. Unfortunately, I got bored fairly quickly, and soon asked myself "why am I playing this?" The game didn't provide any highly compelling answers, at least for me. In general, this is a great FPS game, it just seemed to lack a point andThis is a fun game, and the controls and very smooth and intuitive. It's very simple to jump into some multiplayer matches, run around, and shoot stuff. Unfortunately, I got bored fairly quickly, and soon asked myself "why am I playing this?" The game didn't provide any highly compelling answers, at least for me. In general, this is a great FPS game, it just seemed to lack a point and didn't have that much staying power. Expand
  49. Mar 8, 2014
    Team Fortress 2. As soon as I saw the Meet the Team trailers for this game, I knew I had to have it. These trailers were so well done, that I think that just one of them would be a perfect short that plays before a movie. As for the actual game, I finally got my chance to play it at Christmas time in the year 2011 when I got it with the Orange Box, which also came with Half-Life 2 andTeam Fortress 2. As soon as I saw the Meet the Team trailers for this game, I knew I had to have it. These trailers were so well done, that I think that just one of them would be a perfect short that plays before a movie. As for the actual game, I finally got my chance to play it at Christmas time in the year 2011 when I got it with the Orange Box, which also came with Half-Life 2 and Portal. So is this game as amazing as I had hoped it would be from the awesome trailers, or is the game just your average class-based multiplayer shooter with cartoony graphics? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is just about the most fun gameplay imaginable in a video game. The entire game is a class-based multiplayer first-person shooter. There are several different modes of play in this game. There is attack and defend, which is a mode where the blu team (no, I did not just spell "blue" wrong, that is really how the team is spelled in the game) attacks control points, and the red team defends them. The blu team needs to capture these points before time runs out, while the red team needs to defend them until time runs out. There is also king of the hill, where both teams must compete over a central control point, and hold it for a certain amount of time. Then there's capture the flag, which is capturing the enemy's briefcase of intelligence while defending your own. There are many more modes, but these are just to name a few. You begin each mode by choosing the class you want to play as out of all nine classes in the game. The classes are scout, soldier, pyro, demoman, heavy, engineer, medic, sniper, and spy. All of these classes are very fun to play as because they are all totally different in both gameplay and personality. The scout is the fastest class in the game, and is good for quick offensive raids. The soldier is the most balanced class in the game, with average speed, and a very powerful rocket launcher. Pyro can set things on fire with his flamethrower at close range, and that's all that really needs to be said. The Demoman has a grenade launcher, which he can use to lob grenades at enemies. The heavy is the most powerful class in the game, and can destroy everything with his minigun. The engineer can build turrets and dispensers to help defend locations. The medic can heal everyone on the go with his medigun. The sniper can take out enemies from a distance with his sniper rifle, and the spy can disguise himself as the enemy, and back-stab them with his knife. As for what I mean by different personalities, I mean that the classes themselves are essentially their own characters in the game. They all come from different countries, have different back stories, and even have their own sense of humor and quotes. Because the classes of this game are all so different, this makes the game utterly unique compared to other multiplayer shooters. The game has many unique game modes to play as well. This game is so much more than your average first-person shooter, and that's a good thing. It went so far to be unique, and succeeded spectacularly. As for the graphics, let's just say, if you thought the gameplay of this game was unique, just wait till you see the graphics. Not only is the gameplay different from the average first-person shooter, but the graphics are different as well. Most shooters try for a realistic approach to graphics, making everything look as close to life as possible. This game however, does the exact opposite, it tries to make the game look as cartoony as possible. That's right, this game's graphics go for the cartoony approach rather than the realistic one like most shooters. Of course, the real question is, does this game succeed with this cartoony approach? I can happily say that the answer is yes. The game not only looks beautiful, but it also fits the already zany feel of the game. As for the presentation, it is one of the best I've ever seen in a multiplayer shooter. Everything in this game handles well, and everything is easy to use and access. Overall, I'd say if you don't have this game, you need to get it now! This is a game that everyone in the world needs to play. It has spectacular gameplay, beautiful graphics, and a wonderful presentation to top it all off.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Presentation: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  50. Jun 24, 2014
    Awesome game, crap community. As it is a mutliplayer game, you will always be confronted to people, and people in TF2 are very ... lets stop this sentence here.

I played TF2 at the beginning, and it was fun, we owe TF a bunch of other cool games. Then I stopped because I had to pee, and I came back a few years later. I could barely kill anyone for the next 2 hours, with teammates shouting all over the place, all the fun was gone.

Try to avoid the servers where some people seem to sleep on 24h/24, because you'll not enjoy yourself

Conclusion : Could have been better in terms of server research and length of loading screens. I would have love to be able to quit a crappy server to join a better one without spending 10 minutes on the operation
  51. Dec 10, 2014
    There is a good part of the fan community which is mostly mature and you have the people who try to compare this to CoD. This is made by Valve, not by franchise milkers!
    Gameplay is pretty good, every character is recognizeable and you'll really enjoy yourself playing this because its free...
  52. Jul 8, 2012
    It took a lot of time to download this game but it was definitely worth the wait. It's a great multiplayer experiece. There are nine different characters to choose from with their own abilities and weapons. It is important that you and your team works together, a fully functional team consist of all the characters. Through the game you obtain random items such as weapons and hats to equipIt took a lot of time to download this game but it was definitely worth the wait. It's a great multiplayer experiece. There are nine different characters to choose from with their own abilities and weapons. It is important that you and your team works together, a fully functional team consist of all the characters. Through the game you obtain random items such as weapons and hats to equip your characters, you can also craft your own weapons by using weapons you have. The game is fun and it is impossible not to enjoy it. There are different kind of modes to play with your friends where teamwork means everything. The characters are all unique and funny. Expand
  53. Apr 22, 2012
    Fun game+tons of HATS !
    Must...have...HATS !
    Seriously it's free now, you couldn't just be more lucky, or if you want to become a premium user just buy something from the mann.co store.
  54. Jan 11, 2014
    9/10 Amazing

Team Fortress 2 is essentially a fun, free game without any major elements that grants it a "Pay To Win" title. In this game, you'll unlock items normally through achievement progressions and whatnot. Cosmetics: Plays a part in character customization, where hats and clothing can be purchased with real-life money in the in-game shop. Most weapons are really balanced
    9/10 Amazing

Most weapons are really balanced from my experience, every single different one has advantage(s) and disadvantage(s) (except the basic ones). The only other way to unlock weapons faster outside of completing the achievements is by purchasing it in the in-game shop.

Game modes: Good variety of them.

Each classes are equally thought out and balanced. With roles completely different from the other.

Graphics aren't really great, but i'll give them some slack since they're using the Source engine and obviously because it is a 2008 title... OT: Source engine's hit detection is GREAT
  55. Jan 22, 2016
    Robin Walker is a genius. TF2 is hands down one of the greatest FTP FPS games to ever cease existence. Its originality along with its amazing community has made me come back to love this game for all of high school and I don't regret one moment playing this game.
  56. Aug 20, 2014
    Ladies and gentlemen, here is a really strong contender (and provably the winner) of the best free-to play of all time awards!!!!!! Now the reason I liked and promoted the game so much, is because that it came to me at a time where I thought "Is there even a single free-to play game on the market that you can play for more than an hour and not get bored?" Here is the answer folks, TF2,Ladies and gentlemen, here is a really strong contender (and provably the winner) of the best free-to play of all time awards!!!!!! Now the reason I liked and promoted the game so much, is because that it came to me at a time where I thought "Is there even a single free-to play game on the market that you can play for more than an hour and not get bored?" Here is the answer folks, TF2, waiting you for free!!

To be serious though, the fast and fluid gameplay involves 9 different classes, each with their own set of weapons, stats and personalities. By playing more you get access to new weapons, items and most importantly hats!!!! (Just kidding though, in reality I don't give a **** about hats but that's my opinion)

Even though the controls are a bit difficult to adapt to if you are playing with a gamepad, you get used to it in just a few matches.

However I will say that the matches are a bit longer than i can comprehend. I just quit after the second round cause that is enough for me.

In overall the game is a 9/10 for me, a nigh perfect game.
  57. May 14, 2017
    Great fps, and for free. Every character is full charisma, and it's a blast to play.
    Only down side would be the lack of a campaign, but i don't regret nothing.
  58. Jun 30, 2016
    If you like to play casual first person shooter games, then this is exactly what you are looking for! And the great thing is that it is completely free, without any restrictions or anything. (also a great hat simulator)
  59. Jul 29, 2013
    Considering the quality of this game and fact that its FREE team fortress 2 easily deserves a 10/10. Team fortress 2 is just FUN its easily accessible for new players and your rewarded with new equipment for putting time in. The new co-op maps are great fun and the community in general are much friendly than what you'll find on other games.
  60. Jul 5, 2011
    Good ole team fortress 2, Like Team Fortress Classic the idea of teams with special players is just genius no more spray and prey (Excluding HEAVY) you need tactics baby. Team Fortress II is so much like the Classic only Polished with more modern ideas and better graphics.
  61. Jul 2, 2012
    This game is Perfect, And it gets better every time valve update it.

Graphics-10/10 Gameplay-11/10 Re-playability-100/10 It was the best game in 2007 and it still is now! Continuous updates, huge community, huge eco-system and now it's FREE! Just a note to some reviewers here, giving the game a low score because you want a refund because it's free now is a lame excuse, I've put
    This game is Perfect, And it gets better every time valve update it.

Graphics-10/10
    Gameplay-11/10
    Re-playability-100/10

Just a note to some reviewers here, giving the game a low score because you want a refund because it's free now is a lame excuse, I've put about £70 in total into this game since I bought it in 2007 and i never want a single penny to be refunded as this game was worth every penny.

If i could i'd give it 1000000/10, but sadly metacritic only lets me go to 10 :')
  62. Jul 22, 2014
    Simply the best multiplayer game ever made. The combat is a lot of fun the game modes are great and the art style is simply one of the best. Download it now.
  63. Mar 26, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is my favourite multiplayer shooter. The game itself is fun, with a very cool community centered around it. Even though I consider Modern Warfare 2 better in terms of game quality, the fact that you can play this for hours and not be called names makes this my preferred titles.
  64. May 21, 2016
    Very awesome old-school game that keeps you entertained. It is made by non other than valve itself. (creators of game such as portal, counter strike and half life.)
    And, did I mention, IT'S FREE!
  65. Nov 1, 2011
    Many many props are due to Valve for making this a free to play game. Me and my son started playing this game together and i went and ordered him the Orange Box which we both also love. regardless of price this game is totally worth it. They have MP down team auto balance and smooth smooth gameplay. This game is endlessly fun with so many classes and play styles to choose from. I recommendMany many props are due to Valve for making this a free to play game. Me and my son started playing this game together and i went and ordered him the Orange Box which we both also love. regardless of price this game is totally worth it. They have MP down team auto balance and smooth smooth gameplay. This game is endlessly fun with so many classes and play styles to choose from. I recommend this game to any FPS lover. Expand
  66. May 19, 2012
    Absolutely fantastic. A gloriously fun and hilarious game. The gameplay for actually playing the game is wonderful. Definitely the best free game I have ever played.
  67. Jun 8, 2016
    This game will ruin your life. You'll forget to feed the dog, you may even forget to feed yourself. Your lawn will look like the amazon and the newspapers will pile up. If you don't like your job, perfect, you won't go to work once you start playing. I love this game, more than I loved my girlfriend. I'm a logical (somewhat decent) person. I have memories from 2fort. Help me.
  68. Sep 2, 2011
    You have to hand it to Valve to make a very fun game that's just really light-hearted, hysterical and of course, fun. The people saying this game has no balance at all, play offline mode and play against the CPU. The AI is very good and there's no overpowered items to kill you. Sure, the Heavy is very powerful, but he is very slow and he can very easily get killed by a Sniper or a Spy. AndYou have to hand it to Valve to make a very fun game that's just really light-hearted, hysterical and of course, fun. The people saying this game has no balance at all, play offline mode and play against the CPU. The AI is very good and there's no overpowered items to kill you. Sure, the Heavy is very powerful, but he is very slow and he can very easily get killed by a Sniper or a Spy. And the Spy, he can disguise himself as an opposite team member and backstab and destroy all of the Engineer's mechanisms, but attacking once will take off the disguise, it does take a while for the disguise to kick in and Pyros can easily set you alight and you will get suspicious. And the Scout being underpowered, he can move very fast, jump high and he can capture points twice as fast as anyone else.

Now back to the review. It's light-hearted, tons of fun, hysterical and balanced, but what about the characters themselves? The characters personalities reflect on their fighting style. The Scout is a fast talking, slang using American teenager or early twenties man. You'd imagine him to be fast and attack fast. Yep. The Sniper's a laid-back, friendly Aussie. He pays respect to the enemy's sacrifice and his fighting style is back-against-the-wall and shoot the weak spots away from the actual fighting. The Heavy is a dim-witted strong and heavy Russian guy. His talking is very loud and so is his shouting. He's big, heavy, powerful and really slow. There's also ones like the sneaky, sly ladies' man, a mystery guy, a stereotypical man from Texas over in the USA and many more. Weak points: The multiplayer hardly works where I come from and there's weird bugs and crashes, like every character spontaneously stops moving and stands still, to the weapons being automatically firing all the time and never stopping and finding a game anywhere else but the USA I bet is hard. But don't let that stop you playing against the CPU. In my case, the CPU is much better than playing Multi, because no one is overpowered and they are quite tough to beat: the CPU actually works as a team. All in all, this game is absolutely great. Get it and expect to sink in endless hours.
  69. Nov 12, 2011
    This is a really fantastic game, the graphics are cartoony which makes it fun, but what impresses me more is how Valve's physic engine makes the game more fun, it is fun to just shoot dead bodies and see them slide away. There are hundreds of different weapons and hats. And there is a currency in game called metal (it is a currency to me). The more scrap, reclaimed or refined metal youThis is a really fantastic game, the graphics are cartoony which makes it fun, but what impresses me more is how Valve's physic engine makes the game more fun, it is fun to just shoot dead bodies and see them slide away. There are hundreds of different weapons and hats. And there is a currency in game called metal (it is a currency to me). The more scrap, reclaimed or refined metal you have the richer you are in the game. Valve has really done it again with a really good game like this. Multiplayer is FANTASTIC. This truly is a golden game Expand
  70. Jan 9, 2012
    Great game. Never been a fan of FPS, but this is the best FPS game. Full of action, challenges and fun. The cartoon graphics make the game better, more enjoyable. 9 different classes of all types: power, speed, technique, and others. One of the best multiplayers game.
  71. May 1, 2013
    The fun thing about Team Fortress 2 is that it's laid back. Team Fortress isn't focused on graphics, dlc, amount of kills, etc. like other modern shooters. TF2 simply is meant to be goofy and to have a good time with. There a huge assortment of weapons which mostly can be unlocked without in game purchaces (which are not pushed unlike other shooters) and are very well balanced. Team workThe fun thing about Team Fortress 2 is that it's laid back. Team Fortress isn't focused on graphics, dlc, amount of kills, etc. like other modern shooters. TF2 simply is meant to be goofy and to have a good time with. There a huge assortment of weapons which mostly can be unlocked without in game purchaces (which are not pushed unlike other shooters) and are very well balanced. Team work also is encouraged and you must co-operate to win a game. Thankfully the community is friendly so you will get along. The graphics have this great pixar look, making gameplay zany and hectic. This may not be a high-budget shooter like call of duty, but I found I had more fun in this game than any other shooter without paying a single cent. Expand
  72. Nov 24, 2015
    This game is the most unique FPS I have ever played. IT balances fun gameplay, frantic modes and hilarious characters into one free to play masterpiece of a game. Each class focuses on a trait used in every FPS to date and are really balanced. The rusher being the scout, the Brute being the heavy, the sneaky class the spy, the crazy fun class the soldier, the laid back sniper, the up inThis game is the most unique FPS I have ever played. IT balances fun gameplay, frantic modes and hilarious characters into one free to play masterpiece of a game. Each class focuses on a trait used in every FPS to date and are really balanced. The rusher being the scout, the Brute being the heavy, the sneaky class the spy, the crazy fun class the soldier, the laid back sniper, the up in your face pyro the medic, the builder the engineer (my favorite) and the fun class which is the demoman but thats my take. The modifiers on weapons are great for each class and it gives new play styles. Whether they slow you down but make you stronger or they shoot faster and do less damage there are tons of variants for each play style. Each character has a great personality and witty insult for domination quotes for each class. Overall TF2 is the best free game ever and if you have a PC and don have it what are you waiting for??? Expand
  73. Jan 10, 2016
    I always got killed by some hardcore gamers with superhyperultramegaweapons but its still good. Probably only firstpersonshooter that is good. Hats are kinda useless and used only to rub your awesomeness to poor ones.
  74. Jan 5, 2012
    The game is very fun to play and keeps constantly getting updated with new features making it fun to keep playing it. I've played it for years now and still enjoy it. Only problem is that Valve is releasing new updates without testing them properly making the game unbalanced.
  75. Sep 10, 2011
    A WOW game in general. Great in all aspects of gameplay, but there are some nasty limitations such as the weekly drop limit that hinders your progress...various modded servers ruin the atmosphere with "Achievement idle" and "achievement pharm" type maps. Despite this, the gameplay is excellent with a group of friends. The fast-paced but balanced combat between different classes reallyA WOW game in general. Great in all aspects of gameplay, but there are some nasty limitations such as the weekly drop limit that hinders your progress...various modded servers ruin the atmosphere with "Achievement idle" and "achievement pharm" type maps. Despite this, the gameplay is excellent with a group of friends. The fast-paced but balanced combat between different classes really gives a wonderful feeling. Expand
  76. Aug 25, 2011
    Probably one of the more fun games I've played! Great variety of weapons and yes, hats, lots and lots of hats. Emphasis on the team and team goals is great, less concern on the the players kill/death ratio. Friendly user base. Great game.
  77. May 10, 2012
    The Classes in this game are excellently balanced.

-Medic -Scout -Soldier -Demoman -Spy -Engineer -Pyro -Heavy Best Multiplayer game. This game is not about individuals kicking ass but an individual kicking ass helps. You NEED a team that functions properly to succeed. You need a medic giving heals, you need an engineer defending your base and you need Heavies/Soldiers/Demomen/Scouts
    The Classes in this game are excellently balanced.

-Medic
    -Scout
    -Soldier
    -Demoman
    -Spy
    -Engineer
    -Pyro
    -Heavy

Best Multiplayer game. This game is not about individuals kicking ass but an individual kicking ass helps. You NEED a team that functions properly to succeed. You need a medic giving heals, you need an engineer defending your base and you need Heavies/Soldiers/Demomen/Scouts attacking. The game is regularly updated with patches and is FREE. It's also not Pay to Win, It's Pay for Hats.
  78. Jul 24, 2015
    I love this game. I LOVE THIS GAME. This game is like my child. I just love it.

Team Fortress 2 is a class based shooter with 9 different classes: Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Engineer, Medic, Sniper, and Spy. This makes it great once you get tired of one class, you just try another. It's very fun and addictive. It's now free so there is NO EXCUSE not to get it if you own a PC.
    I love this game. I LOVE THIS GAME. This game is like my child. I just love it.

Anybody who gives this below a 8 is either a Call of Duty fanboy or is faking it.
  79. Feb 26, 2016
    A pesar de sus años, sigue siendo uno de los mejores juegos multijugador en primera persona. Las diferentes clases y sus correspondientes armas/estrategias, lo convierten en un juego ideal para jugar realmente en equipo.
  80. May 5, 2013
    I've been on Metacritic for a while and I can't believe I haven't reviewed Team Fotress 2 yet. Team Fortress 2 has and always will be the best multiplayer game. Ever. I'm not always a fan of multiplayer, but Team Fortress 2 is different. Oh. It's a free to play now. You'd be an idiot not to try TF2 out. Bottom line, Team Fortress 2 is just perfect.
  81. Jun 12, 2012
    So I have to admit, I am not a fan of all these crappy item updates, but this game itself I have played for 5 years, or more now. This is one of the best games i have played ever that is multilayer, comparable only to star-craft and counterstrike 10/10always( i want to say unreal 2004 but i never played)
  82. Dec 19, 2014
    Obviously one of the best first person shooters ever. There are 9 classes, and all of them are super fun and easy to use. after you've been playing for a little while, you will get REALLY into it.
  83. Jul 29, 2011
    Valve is probably the class of the video game world. They don't pump out 200 games a year like EA does, and that's a good thing. Because they take the time to put excellent graphics, gameplay, physics, and storyline into every game they release. Team Fortress 2 is unlike most of the other games that Valve has made. That's because there is no plot. It is, simply put, a class-based firstValve is probably the class of the video game world. They don't pump out 200 games a year like EA does, and that's a good thing. Because they take the time to put excellent graphics, gameplay, physics, and storyline into every game they release. Team Fortress 2 is unlike most of the other games that Valve has made. That's because there is no plot. It is, simply put, a class-based first person shooter. The gameplay is fairly simple with it's mouse and keyboard controls (mandatory for all PC 1st person shooters). The goal of the game is to win in team based, objective game modes. One of my highest praises for this game is in it's game modes and classes. There's no overpowering assault rifle class to render the other classes useless, and there's no deathmatch mode to leave all the other modes as barren wastelands. The graphics remind of Toy Story with their cartoony look... a very bloody, violent Toy Story... and they couldn't be more appropriate, as this is a slapstick game. My one complaint for the game is an odd one... there's something holding it back from being a classic, and I'm not sure what it is. There's something in my mind that says, "Should I play Team Fortress 2 right now...? Nah..." and I can't explain it. Thankfully, they update the game periodically and give it new maps.

My favourite class? Spy. Nothing more satisfying than infiltrating the enemy's base and stabbing a nemesis in the back.
  84. Aug 30, 2011
    It was one of the greatest games ever till the new update was released by Valve. The new players destroyed the old TF feeling and made the game too easy. The servers filled with snipers and spies are also disappointing. But even though it's a great game and can give you several memorable time if you know where to play.
  85. Oct 28, 2011
    Excellent game! The humor combinned with the best game play ever made from Valve since Counter-Strike 1.6 made me expend lots of quality time with it. The tutorials are almost perfect and, if the game holds you attention for hours and hours. Unique Problem: Too much time downloading and loading and, sometimes, ALT + TAB bugs it. Crashes aren't that rare eigher.
  86. Jul 7, 2014
    Such a wonderful game... This was. Hitbox issues, inability to access inventories, Idle serverse, Daily hacking due to the f2p change, Sniper class still in the game (focus on sitting in one spot and instantly killing people across the map, opposite of fun), Mann-conomy, Weekly updates to adress concerns for Linux (an OS that make up about 0.5-1% of the userbase) forcing all the serversSuch a wonderful game... This was. Hitbox issues, inability to access inventories, Idle serverse, Daily hacking due to the f2p change, Sniper class still in the game (focus on sitting in one spot and instantly killing people across the map, opposite of fun), Mann-conomy, Weekly updates to adress concerns for Linux (an OS that make up about 0.5-1% of the userbase) forcing all the servers to re-boot and update manually, Overpowered soldier class (too much versitility, HP, manouverment, damage), Crates, Constant wave of clearly unbalanced weapon not ready to be released to the public (Original tommy gun for the heavy, old equalizer, etc), Hats...

Oh Valve, where did you go so wrong. Your 200-300+ Better Business Bureau ignored complaints aside, this greedy community neglect will not do you good.
  87. Dec 16, 2011
    Played this since 2007 and really love it. and I am not really much of a MP player. The fun and action-packed game has me enterained for years even if I have nearlyl 600 games on my steam account, I still come to TF2 to play. I am fast approaching 1000 hours played clocked on this game. Subtitles are lacking but someone has created a mod that implements closed captions into the game whichPlayed this since 2007 and really love it. and I am not really much of a MP player. The fun and action-packed game has me enterained for years even if I have nearlyl 600 games on my steam account, I still come to TF2 to play. I am fast approaching 1000 hours played clocked on this game. Subtitles are lacking but someone has created a mod that implements closed captions into the game which increased it's fun factor. Greatly recommended for those looking for action packed multiplayer FPS. Expand
  88. Oct 8, 2011
    Amazing in every way, just so intense and fun. With 9 different classes it assures you there is a character for you. There are 100's of weapons & hats to customize, and many maps to choose from. In addition people are always online so you'll never be alone...creepy.
  89. Jan 13, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 has to be the most fun you will ever have. Nine characters - the scout, the soldier, the pyro, the demoman, the engineer, the heavy, the medic, the sniper, and my favorite, the spy. Anyone who does not have this game needs to get it right away, it's free. It's the best game I've ever played on steam, get it, play it, love it.
  90. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is just another complete rip-off of angry birds. The game itself is exactly the same except the graphics quality is much lower and the gameplay is significantly less user friendly.
  91. Nov 10, 2011
    This was a fun game, this just shows that fps's dont need insane graphics or anything to be fun. When im bored of other games I just play this. As its free and i dont think it has high system requirements I think everybody should download this. I havent played multiplayer but the single player ive played is fun.
  92. Jan 6, 2014
    It's really hard to pinpoint any negative aspect in this game. Like it intends to, the game emphasizes teamwork with nine classes that are all balanced and have distinctly different roles and abilities. The vast arsenal of weapons you get allow for multiple playstyles and strategies. Valve updates the game on a regular basis, and as of now there are more than enough maps to play on withIt's really hard to pinpoint any negative aspect in this game. Like it intends to, the game emphasizes teamwork with nine classes that are all balanced and have distinctly different roles and abilities. The vast arsenal of weapons you get allow for multiple playstyles and strategies. Valve updates the game on a regular basis, and as of now there are more than enough maps to play on with many different gamemodes. So as you can see, there's a great deal of variety. Sound design is excellent throughout, and the brilliant visual style still looks great years after its release. Highly recommended for FPS fans. Expand
  93. Mar 7, 2014
    Another entertaining game by Valve. It has unique cartoonish graphics, makes the game funnier. Game play is quite good, satisfies enough. In the game, there are nine well-designed classes. They have some advantages and disadvantages, you should choose them according to you playing style. By the way, don't forget the maps, they designed very well too. You can spent hours in the same map,Another entertaining game by Valve. It has unique cartoonish graphics, makes the game funnier. Game play is quite good, satisfies enough. In the game, there are nine well-designed classes. They have some advantages and disadvantages, you should choose them according to you playing style. By the way, don't forget the maps, they designed very well too. You can spent hours in the same map, seriously.

Anyway, 10 out of 10 to you TF2. You deserved it!
  94. Jun 5, 2014
    This is one of those games that never gets old, you can always come back to it and have a great time. There are endless achievements, so you'll never really "finish" the game. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because some of the people who play it are real **** It's rare that I play a game and don't see slander all over the chat, or hear irritating 12-year-olds on their microphoneThis is one of those games that never gets old, you can always come back to it and have a great time. There are endless achievements, so you'll never really "finish" the game. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because some of the people who play it are real **** It's rare that I play a game and don't see slander all over the chat, or hear irritating 12-year-olds on their microphone trying to tell everyone what to do. Another thing I don't like is that some of the maps are real prone to people posting up pictures of graphic porn. It's uncomfortable for me because I'm a girl, and it really makes me feel like I'm not supposed to be there playing with all of these guys. It's not going to stop me from playing though, because It's way too fun. Expand
  95. Jun 19, 2016
    I was hooked on this game as soon as I got it. I demand that everyone gets this game, don't ask any questions just go out and get it now

You want my full review? *sigh* fine. TF2 is made by the gods of game developers Valve. TF2 brings in so much stuff to make the online FPS genre feel like a new fresh idea. Tons of more classes that, unlike COD, feel like they're different with

You want my full review? *sigh* fine.

TF2 is made by the gods of game developers Valve. TF2 brings in so much stuff to make the online FPS genre feel like a new fresh idea. Tons of more classes that, unlike COD, feel like they're different with different appeareances and customization options.

Gameplay is done in a sort of way to make the player, like me, get addicted to this and make them not want to move for a while, until you improve and make it so that you're the best possible. If u find a server with a perfectly balanced team, you will have tons of fun, filled with tons of tension and tons of fun.

If any of you have seen my L4D2 review, you'll remember when I said that it mainly focuses on realism but also has a slight cartoon tint to it. TF2 throws realism out the window, goes with a full cartoon tint and cartoon gore and rarely takes anything seriously and it knows it doesn't take itself seriously at times and I respect it for doing that as I haven't seen many shooters that do this sort of thing. It's either that shooters take themselves really seriously, which is the majority of the shooters out there or shooters that take themselves so seriously that it's funny.

The classes actually feel unique. Unlike other shooters where it feels like it doesn't really matter what class I take, in TF2 it really does dependon ur play style. If u pick a sniper, it REALLY IS harder to fight close distance. If ur playing as Heavy it REALLY IS hard to fight long distance.

TF2 is a nice breath of fresh air and I'm glad to see that it doesn't follow what other game devs are doing which is why I really respect Valve for making this.

Pros:
    + Addicting
    + Good classes
    + Good gameplay
    + Creative graphics

Cons
    - A few glitches
  96. Apr 8, 2011
    Even after all these years, there's still no multiplayer game that can top it. Excellent class balance, fair customization, great maps, they're all here, and not going anywhere anytime soon.
  97. Sep 27, 2014
    I have been playing this beauty for 6 years.It is still the best.(most fun online FPS)The action is endless always something is going explode or bleed.Animations and voices are great.Characters are memorable.The game is unique.If you are thinking to play tf2 stop thinking play it....
  98. Mar 12, 2013
    A game that every self respecting fps or any gamer on that matter should have in his/her collection, because it's an absolute blast. VALVe has once again crafted a masterpiece.
    Graphics and atmosphere: this game is an absolute eye candy, even to this day its distinct style and atmosphere gives it a unique personality. Sound effects and narration from ever mercenary are superb to say the least, the humor, the music and the way team members interact is a great way for player to be immersed into this world. (Oh, by the way, Pyro is a walking mystery)
    Gameplay: every mercenary has his own set of weapons, which makes match varied, interesting and most importantly balanced. Another absolutely brilliant thing is the way classes interact. Many attacks have their counter-attacks, which means that no class can be the most powerful or superior to other classes. For example engineers sentries can be considered to be the most powerful weapons in the game but if opponent is smart he/she can demolish your hard work by stabbing engi in the back, sapping the sentry, blowing it with sticky bombs or with sniper rifle out long range, or request help from medic and together they'll tear the apart with Uber. And that's the beauty of the game: variety and team work.
    If you like, you can check your stats of how well you've played in your account. Many servers supports Replay option, which let's you to rewatch moments of your battles in servers.
    Other.. stuff...: beside fun competitive gameplay there's also co-op, which will test your strategy, team work and skill against hordes of robotic copies of the mercenaries. Believe me, co-op is an absolute blast. Probably another key feature of what makes this game a great experience is its Mann-conomy, which is a built in trading system and shop of various items, most notably the hats and new weapons. You can buy hats with real money, or trade them with other people, or craft them or find them... And all of that still keeps the community to grow and act like a busy hive. (it's been about 6 years since TF2 has launched and the community is very active, again proving the ingenuity of Valve)
    Now here comes the fun part this whole package is absolutely free (except hats and trading until you go premium, but premium can cost you just about 30 cents) so it would be silly not to try it out.
  99. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is an endless amount of fun. It is always going through updates, which make new weapons, hats, and other things, such as modes. The newest mode, Mann vs Machine (MVM) is really fun, you fight robots that look like the characters you can be! Get it. Its an endless amount of fun, which is free now!
  100. May 13, 2012
    This is probably the best FPS I've ever played. The style, the story and the caharacters are really witty. Like it's predecessors it takes class based combat to a new level.

The only bad things about it: since it got free lots of inexperienced players that used to play frag based games got into it in huge numbers making most games feel like you are playing alone while everyone else just tries to get frags. So then I guessed it was time to move to competitive play only to discover that they prohibit tons of weapons from it and they they generally have very strict rules. So they decided to ruin the game by banning everything that is able to kill a rocket-jumping soldier. Just because they decided to focus on rocketjumping (like it's the sole thing that requires skill in TF2) they had to ban anything new that ruined their precious skill. Those guys are complete morons and they should really state that they are not actually playing TF2. They are playing a tiny subset of TF2 that suits them.

1. AceGamez
    The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.