Team Fortress 2 PC

9.1

1. Mar 24, 2013
    This game USED to be amazing. It USED to be one of the greatest games on the PC. Sadly, now it is absolutely horrible. I have put over 1k hours into the game, which shows that I used to love this game, but now it's all gone ot trash. I am not going to complain about the whole "F2P added 9 million noobs to the game" crap, but that is a downside. The problem is that it is no longer a classThis game USED to be amazing. It USED to be one of the greatest games on the PC. Sadly, now it is absolutely horrible. I have put over 1k hours into the game, which shows that I used to love this game, but now it's all gone ot trash. I am not going to complain about the whole "F2P added 9 million noobs to the game" crap, but that is a downside. The problem is that it is no longer a class vs. class shooter because of everything they added. The hundreds of weapons has ruined the game because it has made all the classes too versatile. A team could win because it had a superior team composition with good players (the way it SHOULD be) but now it is whoever has the greatest laser weapon and the rarest hat. Expand
  2. AnonymousMC
    Mar 28, 2009
    The worst game ever was, gameplay sucks, physics bad, i agree with Maoi M, this is a terrible game, i bought this game for 49$ and im so disappointed, i could get better game for 49$.
    its not worth the cost, do not buy this game if you dont want to waste money.
  3. Sep 17, 2012
    This game is not a good choice for those that won't/can't buy weapons, or have bad luck finding them, in order to even out the player field. Many weapons are way too overpowered, making it too easy to kill groups of players in seconds. The aspect of the game is good and you'll find good teamwork if you find the right server. But it's mostly filled with 12yr olds who beg for anything youThis game is not a good choice for those that won't/can't buy weapons, or have bad luck finding them, in order to even out the player field. Many weapons are way too overpowered, making it too easy to kill groups of players in seconds. The aspect of the game is good and you'll find good teamwork if you find the right server. But it's mostly filled with 12yr olds who beg for anything you have. And there are players so overpowered that all they do is concentrate on finding/buying, or trading for, hats. Expand
  4. AnonymousMC
    May 7, 2008
    Nothing like the first, which isn't the problem. The problem is the simplicity in its skill base which simply shakes the hands with all the other FPS games coming to town these days. TFC was extremely skill and strategy based. TF2 is extremely number based. The only reason I give it a generous 2 is because of the comical cartoon characters, which is the only enjoyment I received fromNothing like the first, which isn't the problem. The problem is the simplicity in its skill base which simply shakes the hands with all the other FPS games coming to town these days. TFC was extremely skill and strategy based. TF2 is extremely number based. The only reason I give it a generous 2 is because of the comical cartoon characters, which is the only enjoyment I received from this title.

The art is unique, the FPS style of gaming in this second hit, is unfortunately not. A big disapointment from a true valve fan.
  5. AnonymousMC
    May 8, 2008
    Game was good for a bit. Then valve decided it needed to "balance" the classes and basically in the end screwed it all up. Now several classes are overpowered some are underpowered and some do not have a point at all anymore. The engineer used to be a defensive class now he's completely pointless and can be killed easily. The medic is oerused. Soldiers and demomen are overpowering byGame was good for a bit. Then valve decided it needed to "balance" the classes and basically in the end screwed it all up. Now several classes are overpowered some are underpowered and some do not have a point at all anymore. The engineer used to be a defensive class now he's completely pointless and can be killed easily. The medic is oerused. Soldiers and demomen are overpowering by someone with the slightest skill. Spies are hard to play but easy to spot if you play more than a few weeks. Heavy's run out of amno to fast. Snipers have are overpowered with melee and the scope. Scouts are worthless on all maps now due to updates. Pyros still have issues with the flame setting people on fire most of the time someone can just walk through it without problems or someone gets hit with the flame from outragious distances or is off to the side. Basically all the classes have major flaws now the 1st time they got the classes right but valve still doesn't think they're right and keeps changing them making them increasingly pointless and unblanced. Don't get on xbox360 lags way to much and maxs out at 16 ppl better to get it online if you are going to get it at all. Expand
  6. Oct 27, 2015
    This game used to be good. From it's launch till 2011 it was good. But then Valve decided to mess the whole thing up. It went from a fantastic fun online shooter, to a worthless, incohesive cluster of junk. Now instead of a fun online shooter, it is just another pathetic 'Free to Play' cashgrab that revolves around virtual items that cost real money. Speaking of the virtual items, theThis game used to be good. From it's launch till 2011 it was good. But then Valve decided to mess the whole thing up. It went from a fantastic fun online shooter, to a worthless, incohesive cluster of junk. Now instead of a fun online shooter, it is just another pathetic 'Free to Play' cashgrab that revolves around virtual items that cost real money. Speaking of the virtual items, the balancing on most of the weapons is off, and all of the costumes look ridiculous/don't go with the games initial theme at ALL. The game used to have a fantastic & unique cartoony style, but that is now overshadowed with absurd cosmetics/items. They seriously added a My Little Pony hat! Come on, who thought that would be a good idea? I can't remember the last time they released a half decent update. Actually, nevermind that. I do remember. It was the Engineer Update...BACK IN 2010! And to top it all off, the game has gotten stupidly buggy. I remember when it was almost polished to perfection, barely any bugs at all.
    This used to be one of my favorite games of all time. But now whenever I see it, I cringe. This game has become cringe worthy.
    Team Fortress 2 has lost ALL of its soul. This isn't TF2. TF2 doesn't exist anymore. It was replaced by...whatever THIS garbage is.

Also Meet the Pyro was awful. One of the most interesting classes in the game and they didn't even make a decent video for him.
  7. Jun 5, 2011
    Back when this game was first released, I would have given it a score of 10. Its' art style was (and still is) unique and a nice change from all the other shooters out there. The game was very balanced, fun and, at the time, my favorite game to play whenever I had the chance. Frankly, I was entirely addicted to this game back in those days. Valve used to regularly update the game to fixBack when this game was first released, I would have given it a score of 10. Its' art style was (and still is) unique and a nice change from all the other shooters out there. The game was very balanced, fun and, at the time, my favorite game to play whenever I had the chance. Frankly, I was entirely addicted to this game back in those days. Valve used to regularly update the game to fix bugs, change the balance somewhat (usually in a good way) and add new maps that were always high-quality and just as good as the maps that shipped with the game at first.
    However, later on Valve started with the "class updates" which 1 by 1 gave each class unlockable weapons that could be unlocked by completing class-specific achievements. At this point, I started enjoying the game less with every "class update" that was released. Reason for this is that the developers messed these updates up incredibly badly. First of all, they released them 1 by 1, which meant that you often had entire servers full of people that were playing the same class, because they all wanted to unlock the new goodies as soon as possible. And this then happened again and again and again for every class update that was released.
    Now, this was only temporary so I could have waited and then later on started playing when things calmed down again. However, at that point I realised that the unlockable weapons each class received were, often, just plain bat**** insane. And I dont mean that in a funny way. These unlocks were retarded.
    For instance, they gave the Heavy a sandwich as an unlock, which would replace the shotgun. A sandwich in a FPS. A SANDWICH. Then the Demoman received a large sword which could replace the grenade launcher. This sword allowed him to practically teleport 5-10 metres to his front to try and quickly slash his opponent to pieces even though the game was never, ever up to that point in any way focused on melee attacks. Of course, the developers, in their infinite wisdom, probably intended for something good to come out of these unlocks, but in my opinion, they only changed the game for the worse in so many ways that I just cant describe them all here.
    But clearly Valve wasn't done butchering the game yet. They introduced a hat system. You can earn hats for your characters by playing the game for long enough. While I personally think that in itself isnt that bad (you can just ignore the feature, though it's, quite frankly, retarded to the bone) they then added a whole RPG-like crafting system where you can basically put together several items you've earned by playing and then build stuff, like hats, out of these items. And then, for good measure, they added a trade system.
    The result? When the players aren't busy trying to get complete some achievements to unlock items, they spend most of their time looking for people to trade items and hats with and don't really play the game at all. Everybody is more focused on getting nice items and wearing the most retarded looking hats on their character while in-game. Quite frankly, the game is nothing like what it was at release, in a very, very bad way. What was at first my favorite all-time game, I can't enjoy for even 5 minutes anymore at the moment.
  8. Jun 10, 2012
    When i purchased this game it was the best game ive ever played in my entire life but ever since these updates ive uninstalled it.If a critic would rate this game now he would say that its got to be the most **** sucking piece of **** ive ever played I mean like half the time your going to be dying from the most overpowered sons of **** in the world of gaming which are the demoman,When i purchased this game it was the best game ive ever played in my entire life but ever since these updates ive uninstalled it.If a critic would rate this game now he would say that its got to be the most **** sucking piece of **** ive ever played I mean like half the time your going to be dying from the most overpowered sons of **** in the world of gaming which are the demoman, soldier, and heavy and the rest of the classes will make you want to blow your brains out. Dont download this **** sucking piece of crap called a game.I cant turn my review into a 0 but it is a 0. Expand
  9. Apr 16, 2012
    This game used to be about strategy and team work. Now its freaking buy this and we get money crap. The new thing about having it be free? Well basically half the thing is not because you spend most of the time in the shop stpending money on **** HATS? If you don't have a hat your not considered "cool". It's the most stupidest thing ever.
  10. BO
    Feb 16, 2008
    All I can think when i play TF2 is What Went Wrong? i played TFC from its birth to its death (then ressurected it on LAN) and when TF2 was released i bought it then got bored after a day. All the creativity and skill has been sucked out with the loss of great maps, grenades especially the class specific one, medic packs great for causing panic infecting people, concussion grenade jumps All I can think when i play TF2 is What Went Wrong? i played TFC from its birth to its death (then ressurected it on LAN) and when TF2 was released i bought it then got bored after a day. All the creativity and skill has been sucked out with the loss of great maps, grenades especially the class specific one, medic packs great for causing panic infecting people, concussion grenade jumps for getting from A to B that little bit quicker, det packs, graphics not done by Disney. its a bog standard shooter now and not even a very good one, I'm all for recycling but after such a large amount of time from announcing the game to actually getting round to releasing it, you might have done all new maps with a rehash of the only ones as an extra. BRING BACK TFC! or at least make TF2 better. Expand
  11. Feb 8, 2012
    The game was a perfect game on release, now mods and a free to play business plan have destroyed the game and community. This hat-collecting simulator devoured the perfect teamwork-based game that was Team Fortress 2 and replaced it with a terrible, terrible game.
  12. Chris
    May 10, 2008
    I don't understand why so many people have been shouting from the rooftops about this game. The graphics are amusing, but that's the high-point. The gameplay is rather erratic, some of the weapons seem quite pointless, and there definately is a lack of tactics compared to the previous Team Fortress. The whole "achievement" BS is just more meaningless crap, al-la BF2 and 2142. I don't understand why so many people have been shouting from the rooftops about this game. The graphics are amusing, but that's the high-point. The gameplay is rather erratic, some of the weapons seem quite pointless, and there definately is a lack of tactics compared to the previous Team Fortress. The whole "achievement" BS is just more meaningless crap, al-la BF2 and 2142. After someone's played this game for a day or two the gameplay has already been exhausted. Then bored people focus on a specific "goal" instead of actually playing the game. Fun. We waited what, 10 years? And *this* is what we get? I like you Valve, but this is a disappointment. -EmeralDragon P.S. I voted 0 simple to try and offset the stupid amount of 10's this has received. I can't believe this many people have voted it a 10. Metacritic must be accidently adding a 1. Expand
  13. Nov 10, 2011
    I played TF2 back in 2008 and it was really fun to play. But re-installing it after years in 2011 really wasn't worth the time. While the gameplay is the same, get the enemy briefcase, capture all enemy points etc. the game itself turned from a fun FPS into a pointless hat-collector.

But I won't criticise the game for it's 5-12 year old community collecting as many hats as they can, for me it's the quality that makes the game bad compared to how it was back in 2008. Everywhere you look you see unfinished and re-re-used animations and taunts, as well as unbalanced weapons like the "Equalizer" or the "Solemn Vow" that make their standard counterparts just useless. It's not the quality I expected from Valve Software.

It seems TF2 is now Valve's money making machine. People buy the items that the folks at Valve haven't even made themselves (they just ask the community to make them) and add them without even giving them proper animations, stats what so ever. Seems like Valve spent the majority of their time on giving the menu class images hats.

As for the graphics you can already see that the game is out there for a long time. However, the cartoon style is still something you don't see in any other game and they're still fun to look at, even tho' the so called "Very High" settings looks like Crysis on "Medium".

A 3/10 from me.
  14. [anonymous]
    Jan 1, 2010
    They took away lots (like grenades) and made the game pretty bad... but then added more maps... but they were too small and they sucked. The spy pistol is kinda overpowered. I dont like TF2.....
  15. May 6, 2012
    I have been playing this "game" for almost 4 years and i must agree with all negatives reviews. "Game" was fun only at beginning, before all those idiotic, retarded and unbalanced items arrived. On most servers classes or weapons limitations are hard to find. Same servers are mostly infested with spawncampers, laggers and last time even speedhackers. Now the "game" has become free, whatI have been playing this "game" for almost 4 years and i must agree with all negatives reviews. "Game" was fun only at beginning, before all those idiotic, retarded and unbalanced items arrived. On most servers classes or weapons limitations are hard to find. Same servers are mostly infested with spawncampers, laggers and last time even speedhackers. Now the "game" has become free, what means, there is alot of so called experts, lolling here and there without any reason, like mindless lemmings and trying to teach you, how to play... I have paid for this "game" and Valve didn't even bother to give any compensation... It's 2012, so buggy and outdated graphics, is nothing more than a bad joke, and technical support still didn't fix "hl2.exe stopped to work" error under Windows x64. If you looking for any good multiplayer FPS game, you need to pay, to play comfortable. Avoid this piece of junk and another free trash at any costs. Expand
  16. May 21, 2011
    This game is constantly being balanced, and updated. But. Its also constantly being filled with cash shop items, and hats to suck out your money. They said that hats would just be novelty items too, but then set hats were introduced. They even managed to corrupt portal 2 even more.
  17. May 15, 2014
    Just like DOTA 2, this game started out with the great idea of a fun MP. Over time, it became about getting HATS! MORE HATS! Unlockables took over and the game became all about money. Play the original team fortress if you wanna have fun. With free games, you get what you pay for.
  18. Oct 6, 2012
    What was going to be a "fun" game turned out **** graphic weapons and of course the crappy scattergun. They made the demoman to spawnkill everyone in the **** server, pyro to make people rage, and spy to annoy people. When you get on a server you get kicked by everyone if you are 6-10 years old. All This game was made for is to spawn, kill, and die with the process starting all over again.What was going to be a "fun" game turned out **** graphic weapons and of course the crappy scattergun. They made the demoman to spawnkill everyone in the **** server, pyro to make people rage, and spy to annoy people. When you get on a server you get kicked by everyone if you are 6-10 years old. All This game was made for is to spawn, kill, and die with the process starting all over again. And to top it off mvm sucks. Why? Your hand hurts after playing against a.i ed robots just like training mode only with worse a.i mobs. Conclusion: Tf2 Sucks **** Expand
  19. Oct 31, 2012
    1 of the worst games I have ever , ever played in my life .

It is so pathetic - the attempt of valve to get easy fifty bugs .
    & the corrupted critics also giving good marks .
  20. AnonymousMC
    Mar 5, 2008
    I just blew $50 on "The Orange Box" to get this long-awaited sequel to one of my favorite games of all time, TFC. However, after several days of playing, I can say without a doubt that this game is an enormous let-down. We no longer have grenades for some reason, which makes sentry-guns godly in many cases, requiring a team member to kill himself just to destroy the sentry! IfI just blew $50 on "The Orange Box" to get this long-awaited sequel to one of my favorite games of all time, TFC. However, after several days of playing, I can say without a doubt that this game is an enormous let-down. We no longer have grenades for some reason, which makes sentry-guns godly in many cases, requiring a team member to kill himself just to destroy the sentry! If you're in a good hiding spot sniping people, it is given away when you nail somebody because the camera zooms over to you, which ruins any good location. The pyro has an incredibly weak flamethrower and it reaches about as far as his arm, making it useless for the most part. Weapons don't seem to have a secondary fire anymore. Oh yeah, and this may just be 90% of the servers out there, but every time I have joined and played a game, even if I play for hours, I have yet to come across a CTF map! Everything has gone CP, which is boring as hell after a map or two. On top of that, maps like "Well" don't even resemble what they have resembled since their introduction, which has spanned several game engines such as Quake, Half-Life, and Unreal. This game is incomplete and does not deserve to bear the title "Team Fortress" in its current state, with the lacking of so much that has always been a part of TF. Highly disappointing and if I could return the game and get my $50 back I would. Bear in mind that I am an older player who is basing this review on years of playing ALL of the original TF mods across many game engines and am comparing it to what it used to be and noting what it lacks. Expand
  21. Oct 24, 2012
    This game must be good. No, it must be a classic, it's developed by Valve! Well, I disagree. And no, it's not due to hats.

The problem I have with this game is funnily the classes itself. Picked a Spy and Pyro noticed you? Dead! Heavy noticed you, Medic is with him and you're a Sniper? Dead! Getting killed just because I didn't have a good class againts another player feels very stupid. In Section 8 for example you will have disadvanges, if your enemy has better loadout for specific style of combat but you still have quite large chance of killing the player. This game just gets the class thing wrong.

Another complaint is the map design. The default maps are usually about fighting in very small/thigh corridors, which feels very annoying when playing as Scout or Spy, which like open space where they can move freely. Community made maps on the other hand just scream for snipers or scream even louder for Pyro corners (My favourite class is Pyro btw).

The gameplay itself could be better, if it was faster too. Soldier and Sniper feel too effective due to how slow players' movement speeds are (Even with Scout) . Sure they are offensive based, but still a lot more annoying.

The game can be fun for people, who like extremely heavily focused teamplay. Otherwise it's better to just ignore this game. I for one don't fit to the teamplay focused group, even after thousands and thousands of hats.
  22. Jul 1, 2012
    This game oh man this game.What a utter sack of **** this game is, Riddle me this players giving this game after 2011 a 10/10 score, what is it about this ''amazing'' ''game'' that makes it deserve a perfect score? The answer is nothing, nothing at all. You know what i miss about this game? Well i mean its not like the game has no team work whats so ever and its not like every class hasThis game oh man this game.What a utter sack of **** this game is, Riddle me this players giving this game after 2011 a 10/10 score, what is it about this ''amazing'' ''game'' that makes it deserve a perfect score? The answer is nothing, nothing at all. You know what i miss about this game? Well i mean its not like the game has no team work whats so ever and its not like every class has overpowered uber weapons is it? Heres the short of it, Valve has made a money sucking abomination out of game that once required some thing resembling skill. Now its just a game filled with **** autistic kids who have nothing to do except play a Mature game and breathe heavily into their mikes begging you for one of those **** hats. 10/10 for a unbalanced camper/hacker/greifer feast with meaninglessness iteam and stupid children? Ill pass. Expand
  23. Dec 29, 2012
    It's not that good. It's even bad for a free game. The only reason that I got this was because my friends told me to get it, so I did, and after playing for about an hour, I decided that I had had enough because I had gotten so bored. The game-play is repetitive, the weapons boring, and the people are...special. I guess the reason that I don't like it is because I have never really likedIt's not that good. It's even bad for a free game. The only reason that I got this was because my friends told me to get it, so I did, and after playing for about an hour, I decided that I had had enough because I had gotten so bored. The game-play is repetitive, the weapons boring, and the people are...special. I guess the reason that I don't like it is because I have never really liked first person shooters, and this is one of the worst. Expand
  24. Jul 7, 2013
    Not very good, but there is still some fun to be had here. You play as 9 different classes, each with a different play style. I found myself feeling more at home with the Soldier and Heavy, since these guys are fairly easy to get kills with and tank through. There is also different game modes, which involve capturing points, or leading a payload bomb through a path through a map, toNot very good, but there is still some fun to be had here. You play as 9 different classes, each with a different play style. I found myself feeling more at home with the Soldier and Heavy, since these guys are fairly easy to get kills with and tank through. There is also different game modes, which involve capturing points, or leading a payload bomb through a path through a map, to name a couple. This game however is not for everyone, stay away if you don't like playing in a team. (That, and the increasing hat updates are breaking the game further and further as the days go by). This is a review of the vanilla game content released through Valve, as there is plenty of different community mods for the game, go try those if you don't like the vanilla game. Expand
  25. AnonymousMC
    Feb 26, 2008
    Not altogether fun. Not even a little. The weapon reloads may be tolerable, barely, in a single player game, but for multiplayer it's just tediously absurd. Didn't really enjoy TFC, nor the Weapons Factory mods for Quake2 (Q2WF) and Unreal Tournament (WFUT) which were based on TFC. And I played those for many months until one evening while playing WFUT I asked myself "why amNot altogether fun. Not even a little. The weapon reloads may be tolerable, barely, in a single player game, but for multiplayer it's just tediously absurd. Didn't really enjoy TFC, nor the Weapons Factory mods for Quake2 (Q2WF) and Unreal Tournament (WFUT) which were based on TFC. And I played those for many months until one evening while playing WFUT I asked myself "why am I playing with these retarded dullards?". Now we have TF2 which is just the same damn game with, I'll concede this much, improved graphics and audio, and the same mentally disturbed children (in their 20's, 30's, 40's and probably even older) who absolutely refuse to say anything unless it's rude and belittling. And on a parallel note, UT3 also sucks along with TF2 and TFC; what's with the painfully slow "running" speeds? Quake4 and Doom3? Puh-Leeeeeeeeeeeze! Expand
  26. AnonymousMC
    May 4, 2008
    Great game till the achievement update came out. Its is a Medic-fest now, and the way Valve does the updates basing them on 6 month releases Per class. It has ruined this game to almost to a point of mmo status. grinding to 1m heal points and getting 20 kills while healing a heavy. I am afraid of what the next batch will be IF it gets released before the game totally dies out.
    Oct 12, 2007
    The only thing keeping me from giving this game a 9 is the fact that their critical hit system is inperfect and creats a unskillful classic arcadish thing that belongs in a single player rather than multiplayer game. If this was changed along with a lot more different ideas of how to play TF2 besides capture the flag and attack/defend points. Then it would have recieved a 10/10 score from me.
  28. Stealthmanstealthy
    May 17, 2008
    The game is so-so. the graphics are good with comic look and sm 3. the gameplay is not that good because it is simple and lagged to perform stuff like jumping. the first game is more dynamic this one is very different but it still is its sequel. i dont like it very much i stick to the oldies, classics and counter-strike non-source for example, because the newer games aren't too cool The game is so-so. the graphics are good with comic look and sm 3. the gameplay is not that good because it is simple and lagged to perform stuff like jumping. the first game is more dynamic this one is very different but it still is its sequel. i dont like it very much i stick to the oldies, classics and counter-strike non-source for example, because the newer games aren't too cool as the old. Expand
  29. ChaseF.
    Nov 25, 2007
    One of the funnest games ive ever played! I grew up on the first one, and antipating the 2nd, with its Disney and Pixar like graphics, i was ready to try the second. I played for about 2 hours straight just as the spy. Definetly a must see at the least.
  30. SeanD.
    Dec 22, 2007
    The game play is fresh and keeps me addicted to it even after 80 hours of play. There are two few original maps, but that will be addressed soon with an upcoming update. That balance is close to perfect on the built in maps but is skewed in third party maps' open areas. So the tight corridors and strategically placed sniping areas keep the action constant and ferocious. If both teams The game play is fresh and keeps me addicted to it even after 80 hours of play. There are two few original maps, but that will be addressed soon with an upcoming update. That balance is close to perfect on the built in maps but is skewed in third party maps' open areas. So the tight corridors and strategically placed sniping areas keep the action constant and ferocious. If both teams are skilled, there are no stalemates. Expand

1. AceGamez
    The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.