Team Fortress 2 PC

9.1

1. Mar 17, 2011
    No matter what FPS game you play, you can thank Team Fortress for making it possible. The original Team Fortress was a free mod for Quake 1 that came out in 1996, and it forever changed FPS games. TF was the first game that really focused on class based team play. So many games follow that model now. Team Fortress 2 is not quite the same game as its 1996 incarnation. The game no longer hasNo matter what FPS game you play, you can thank Team Fortress for making it possible. The original Team Fortress was a free mod for Quake 1 that came out in 1996, and it forever changed FPS games. TF was the first game that really focused on class based team play. So many games follow that model now. Team Fortress 2 is not quite the same game as its 1996 incarnation. The game no longer has grenades, it has a slower pace, and at a competitive level, it actually requires teamwork to win. Team Fortress 2 has been out for over 3 years now and it is only growing in popularity. The competitive community is getting bigger, and it shows no signs of slowing down. If you are looking for a fun FPS with lasting appeal, Team Fortress 2 is for you. Expand
  2. Jan 10, 2012
    THE free game (I'd put it just in front of LoL). Words can't describe how good this game is. There are lots of fun play modes, the graphics look great and are incredibly well optimized, the class variety is prominent, there's an item system that makes each class a bit more unique, and you don't have to pay a dime (if you don't want to). If you like FPS or team games, you have to at leastTHE free game (I'd put it just in front of LoL). Words can't describe how good this game is. There are lots of fun play modes, the graphics look great and are incredibly well optimized, the class variety is prominent, there's an item system that makes each class a bit more unique, and you don't have to pay a dime (if you don't want to). If you like FPS or team games, you have to at least give it a shot. Valve really has impressed me both with the quality of this game and their ability to hand it out for nothing! Easily my new go-to shooter Expand
  3. Jan 8, 2012
    This game will ruin your life. You'll forget to feed the dog, you may even forget to feed yourself. Your lawn will look like the amazon and the newspapers will pile up. If you don't like your job, perfect, you won't go to work once you start playing. I love this game, more than I loved my girlfriend. I'm a logical (somewhat decent) person. I have memories from 2fort. Help me.
  4. ChrisN.
    Oct 29, 2007
    I spent many years playing the original TF on Quakeworld, however was never keen on TFC. TF2 however impresses me, yes it doesn't have the skill level of the original TF but the removal of grenades has definitely benefitted the gameplay. It put a huge smile on my face the first time I played, which is still there. Superb!
  5. Mar 19, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is by far one of the best shooters ever made. The classes are balanced, there's an immense choice of weapons for you to use or acquire, strategy is required and most importantly: TEAMWORK IS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES! All 9 classes help each other in many ways, and a combination of classes and teamwork is crucial to win the game.

Many maps to choose from, and you can even make

Many maps to choose from, and you can even make your own. New content is released regularly and for free... and you can even make you own too!
    Also, AWESOME HATS AND AWESOME STUFF TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR CHARACTER.

This is the real deal.
  6. Aug 13, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a perfect game. You are always updated with new releases incredible. It is worthwhile to buy this game, is a masterpiece from Valve. The game is very fun, with different characters and balanced. Expand
  7. Mar 2, 2011
    Graphics are creative and funny, Controls are ultra-smooth and the game-play is FUN. FUN being the important word here. The game may look simple at first glance, but is a very complex shooter. Pretty much still a perfect game after all these years.
  8. Nov 13, 2010
    Three words everybody: BEST SHOOTER EVER! I dont care if Halo: Reach has an epic campaign (actually, I do), this game has a freakin' SANDVICH!!! The class you play as isn't just your favorite character; its a personality! If I ever (God forbid) go on a dating site, my profile will say, "Likes cats and playing as the Engineer and Scout,". This game has great graphics, catchy tunes, and overThree words everybody: BEST SHOOTER EVER! I dont care if Halo: Reach has an epic campaign (actually, I do), this game has a freakin' SANDVICH!!! The class you play as isn't just your favorite character; its a personality! If I ever (God forbid) go on a dating site, my profile will say, "Likes cats and playing as the Engineer and Scout,". This game has great graphics, catchy tunes, and over 60 different weapons (not including promotion items)! It's only 20 bucks! Go buy a copy! If you have one, stop hating your friends and buy them one! Expand
  9. Apr 8, 2011
    Awesome game overall. It makes good use of the 9 classes and it makes every one of them unique in both playstyle and gameplay. Nothing is unnecessary or excessive, besides some items and the gaming is extremely fast paced. It gets you worked up like no other and when played competitively, it is the most satisfying game in the world. This game is valve's best creation by far. It isAwesome game overall. It makes good use of the 9 classes and it makes every one of them unique in both playstyle and gameplay. Nothing is unnecessary or excessive, besides some items and the gaming is extremely fast paced. It gets you worked up like no other and when played competitively, it is the most satisfying game in the world. This game is valve's best creation by far. It is humorous, but at the same time, intense. Expand
  10. Apr 8, 2011
    Even after all these years, there's still no multiplayer game that can top it. Excellent class balance, fair customization, great maps, they're all here, and not going anywhere anytime soon.
  11. Sep 5, 2011
    With endless replay value, constant updates, and occasional (and very well done) animated shorts, Team Fortress 2 is no doubt one of the best shooters out there.
  12. MikeM.
    Jan 16, 2008
    Hands down, the best online shooter ever created. Valve has created a masterpiece and brought back what it means to have fun with your friends online!
  13. NickH.
    Nov 30, 2007
    TF2 combines gorgeous visuals, fast and furious gameplay and comedy. The game is an example for other developers showing that when time and care is taken in the details it produces a wonderful product.
  14. KennyD.
    Jun 7, 2008
    The reason for the 7 is because the game has to many problems starting up the game and when u do get into the game that excitment can be short lived by noobie class like the demomen or the pyro. To me it makes no sence in making a game when one class can take no skill and ur able to take out an intire team by ur self it makes it seem to unbalanced. The hit box lag is awful and the sniper The reason for the 7 is because the game has to many problems starting up the game and when u do get into the game that excitment can be short lived by noobie class like the demomen or the pyro. To me it makes no sence in making a game when one class can take no skill and ur able to take out an intire team by ur self it makes it seem to unbalanced. The hit box lag is awful and the sniper even though ur on the head and u take the shot it wont count. yes the game is exciting but only when u do well. And the game seems to demanding on computers when u play it. it shows u the recomended but yet its still very chopy u could have made the game easier to run and make it more balanced so that every person who plays it gets a far chance. Expand
  15. EllisN.
    Aug 11, 2008
    Endless hopurs of fun, changing envirments and diffrent tasks make this game a superb team based game and makes no room for bordem.
  16. SterlingL.
    Aug 4, 2008
    This is now one of my most played games, because of how fun it is. I don't know how anyone couldn't like this game. It's just TOO PERFECT!
  17. ArtN.
    Dec 10, 2007
    A wonderful, addictive multiplayer game.
  18. DavudL.
    Dec 1, 2007
    One of the best games ever. Ppl know the amoun of time put into this game. It's not meant to be the best graphics with extra games and features it was an addon to HL2 for what this game was meant to be its a definant 10/10.
  19. NormN.
    Dec 10, 2007
    Great improvement over TFC and great stress on teamwork!
  20. RobinL.
    Dec 1, 2007
    Way more fun than CS:S, one of the most enjoyable FPS for ages.
  21. ScottN.
    Dec 15, 2007
    Awesome game all around. Balance has been achieved here, and the class system is what allows it to happen. Team play is at its highest level of encouragement in this game. Enough said.
  22. TJM.
    Dec 15, 2007
    Love the old cartoon visuals. Really fun to play online. Good characters. Don't want to play any other PC game. Fun and addictive.
  23. Cabbar
    Dec 21, 2007
    The most funny graphics, and addictive multiplayer game. The FPS games have a new style of perspective now.
  24. AnonymousMC
    Dec 2, 2007
    A fresh, and less serious version of FPS multiplayer games. What makes TF2 so unique, is that every class is very fun, while still extremely balanced. There's no classes that nobody likes to be, or are useless to the game.

It's also very fun, because you can play the game as seriously as you want to. It can be a game to just kick back, have some fun, or it can be a game played seriously with lots of teamwork and strategy. I love the humor in the game too. The taunts are all funny, but my favorite is the Demoman's taunts.

The graphics, sound, and gameplay are all unique and top notch, and the game itself is very polished, and frequently updated using Steam which makes updating a breeze. Overall, this game is just great, and you will not be disappointed by it.
  25. LuisO.
    Dec 5, 2007
    A quite clever games with lots of variety and fun, never gets boring because there are so many classes, and so many ways to play each one in a totally balanced enviroment, that the possibilites are endless.
  26. MatthewG.t
    Jul 29, 2008
    Brilliant game, astounding graphics.
  27. Whereisyourheadat
    Jul 29, 2008
    Great humor, stunning maps, goodlooking characters, great abilities and did i mention great humor? great game.
  28. JoeT.
    Aug 21, 2008
    This game is perfect. A little humor, a few explosions. I can only think of one other thing it could use but thats not appropriate for all ages. Addictive would be an understatement.
  29. TobiasW.
    Nov 30, 2007
    Beatiful graphic Womderful gameplay Extremly balanced classes => best multyplayer game of the year.
  30. J.C.
    Dec 11, 2007
    The balance and fun of this game is unbeatable. Who can resist it?
  31. Mar 21, 2011
    TF2 has always been one of my favorite games. It has memorable characters, diverse playstyles, unique maps, and best of all: It has a wonderful and mostly kind community.
    I don't go a day without hearing one of the character's voices saying something in my head to fit my situation.
    Not to mention completely and totally reliable as VALVe is with all of their games. It's made well, it has constant content updates and patches, the blog is updated rather actively, etc.
    And for the low price of $20? This game is Three years old and the community is still huge. This game has quality written all over it. It's hard to find a major flaw that isn't soon fixed.

1. AceGamez
    The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.