9.2

1. Mar 17, 2011
    No matter what FPS game you play, you can thank Team Fortress for making it possible. The original Team Fortress was a free mod for Quake 1 that came out in 1996, and it forever changed FPS games. TF was the first game that really focused on class based team play. So many games follow that model now. Team Fortress 2 is not quite the same game as its 1996 incarnation. The game no longer hasNo matter what FPS game you play, you can thank Team Fortress for making it possible. The original Team Fortress was a free mod for Quake 1 that came out in 1996, and it forever changed FPS games. TF was the first game that really focused on class based team play. So many games follow that model now. Team Fortress 2 is not quite the same game as its 1996 incarnation. The game no longer has grenades, it has a slower pace, and at a competitive level, it actually requires teamwork to win. Team Fortress 2 has been out for over 3 years now and it is only growing in popularity. The competitive community is getting bigger, and it shows no signs of slowing down. If you are looking for a fun FPS with lasting appeal, Team Fortress 2 is for you. Expand
  2. Jan 8, 2012
    This game will ruin your life. You'll forget to feed the dog, you may even forget to feed yourself. Your lawn will look like the amazon and the newspapers will pile up. If you don't like your job, perfect, you won't go to work once you start playing. I love this game, more than I loved my girlfriend. I'm a logical (somewhat decent) person. I have memories from 2fort. Help me.
  3. Mar 19, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is by far one of the best shooters ever made. The classes are balanced, there's an immense choice of weapons for you to use or acquire, strategy is required and most importantly: TEAMWORK IS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES! All 9 classes help each other in many ways, and a combination of classes and teamwork is crucial to win the game.

Many maps to choose from, and you can even make

Many maps to choose from, and you can even make your own. New content is released regularly and for free... and you can even make you own too!
    Also, AWESOME HATS AND AWESOME STUFF TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR CHARACTER.

This is the real deal.
  4. Jan 10, 2012
    THE free game (I'd put it just in front of LoL). Words can't describe how good this game is. There are lots of fun play modes, the graphics look great and are incredibly well optimized, the class variety is prominent, there's an item system that makes each class a bit more unique, and you don't have to pay a dime (if you don't want to). If you like FPS or team games, you have to at leastTHE free game (I'd put it just in front of LoL). Words can't describe how good this game is. There are lots of fun play modes, the graphics look great and are incredibly well optimized, the class variety is prominent, there's an item system that makes each class a bit more unique, and you don't have to pay a dime (if you don't want to). If you like FPS or team games, you have to at least give it a shot. Valve really has impressed me both with the quality of this game and their ability to hand it out for nothing! Easily my new go-to shooter Expand
  5. Nov 13, 2010
    Three words everybody: BEST SHOOTER EVER! I dont care if Halo: Reach has an epic campaign (actually, I do), this game has a freakin' SANDVICH!!! The class you play as isn't just your favorite character; its a personality! If I ever (God forbid) go on a dating site, my profile will say, "Likes cats and playing as the Engineer and Scout,". This game has great graphics, catchy tunes, and overThree words everybody: BEST SHOOTER EVER! I dont care if Halo: Reach has an epic campaign (actually, I do), this game has a freakin' SANDVICH!!! The class you play as isn't just your favorite character; its a personality! If I ever (God forbid) go on a dating site, my profile will say, "Likes cats and playing as the Engineer and Scout,". This game has great graphics, catchy tunes, and over 60 different weapons (not including promotion items)! It's only 20 bucks! Go buy a copy! If you have one, stop hating your friends and buy them one! Expand
  6. Apr 8, 2011
    Awesome game overall. It makes good use of the 9 classes and it makes every one of them unique in both playstyle and gameplay. Nothing is unnecessary or excessive, besides some items and the gaming is extremely fast paced. It gets you worked up like no other and when played competitively, it is the most satisfying game in the world. This game is valve's best creation by far. It isAwesome game overall. It makes good use of the 9 classes and it makes every one of them unique in both playstyle and gameplay. Nothing is unnecessary or excessive, besides some items and the gaming is extremely fast paced. It gets you worked up like no other and when played competitively, it is the most satisfying game in the world. This game is valve's best creation by far. It is humorous, but at the same time, intense. Expand
  7. Mar 2, 2011
    Graphics are creative and funny, Controls are ultra-smooth and the game-play is FUN. FUN being the important word here. The game may look simple at first glance, but is a very complex shooter. Pretty much still a perfect game after all these years.
  8. Aug 13, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a perfect game. You are always updated with new releases incredible. It is worthwhile to buy this game, is a masterpiece from Valve. The game is very fun, with different characters and balanced. Expand
  9. Apr 8, 2011
    Even after all these years, there's still no multiplayer game that can top it. Excellent class balance, fair customization, great maps, they're all here, and not going anywhere anytime soon.
  10. Sep 5, 2011
    With endless replay value, constant updates, and occasional (and very well done) animated shorts, Team Fortress 2 is no doubt one of the best shooters out there.
  11. Dec 20, 2011
    No matter what year it is or how evolved video games have become Team Fortress 2 will always be a blast to play and one of the best multiplayer experiences, with the constant updates bringing new weapons and maps to the formula everything is simply perfect.
  12. Jan 3, 2012
    This is one of the best shooter games that I have ever played (if not the best)! It's so great that it's really hard to describe into words. What I really have to like is the graphics. I think that the animated graphics are so great that it may even put Pixar to shame. However, the gameplay is where this game really shines. I had a lot of fun mowing down thousands of enemies as aThis is one of the best shooter games that I have ever played (if not the best)! It's so great that it's really hard to describe into words. What I really have to like is the graphics. I think that the animated graphics are so great that it may even put Pixar to shame. However, the gameplay is where this game really shines. I had a lot of fun mowing down thousands of enemies as a heavy, completing hard objectives as a scout, and using total stealth as a spy. As for the gameplay modes, I'm happy they just stuck to the classic capture the flag, payload, and control points rather than coming up with something new. If they just did something new, I probably wouldn't have liked it as much. My only real problem with this game is the lack of a mini-map. It is really hard to navigate through the battlefield without one. However, the rest of the game more than makes up for this. Before I played this game, I had also played Star Wars Battlefront. Star Wars Battlefront is amazing, but if you ask me, its got nothing on this. To here I thought Star Wars Battlefront was this good; I stand corrected. Expand
  13. Nov 13, 2011
    TF2 really has a way of making this game incredibly fun to play. 9 classes, all with changing weapons, outfits, accessories. There's also an ability to craft items, trade them, and even purchase 100's of items in-game using real life cash. I believe the game is free to play also. u really can't go wrong with that!!!!!
  14. Nov 17, 2011
    Greatest multiplayer experience i've had in any game. It's not about the weapons or actual combat it's all about the community! Greatest community alive. Jumping around spamming voice commands, youtube videos, GMod associated. I met a lot of my best friends through Team Fortress 2. The hats are also cool too. So are the characters. Yeah.
  15. Nov 20, 2011
    TF2 really puts the fun back in the FPS genre imo. The games been out awhile but I still have a blast playing it. Oh and I love my hats :D. I know this review doesn't tell you much but if you love fast paced truly team based FPS fun that doesn't take itself too seriously and blends a creative art style with just the right amount of comedy then TF2 is the game of your dreams.
  16. Nov 20, 2011
    As a "free to play noob", I would rate this game a 10. Valve constantly releases updates and it has great replay value. Each of the nine classes have their benefits and disadvantages, which balances out great. Thank you Valve for this fantastic shooter!
  17. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is amazing. I totally recommend it for everybody. The style is great, because you can use it the way you want. You can find a lot of items, or buy a few from the store. I love this game. It is a pretty hard game to get used to at first though. Once you get used to it, its great.
  18. Jan 4, 2012
    The graphics are something to cherish due to that cartoony feeling, and the gameplay is extremely decent if you can handle the MLG multiplayer. Overall, if you know how to use the characters to choose from and which is your favorite, you'll find this a blast to play.
  19. Dec 19, 2012
    I think this game is too good to be for free. It's highly addicting and original to the max. It updates very often... you just have to play it to understand just how great the updates are. And the deals, oh the deals! Valve is just too generous.
  20. Apr 1, 2013
    This game is almost perfect, the best balanced FPS ever.

Team Fortress 2 is a mix of using well-thought classes and weapons, changing classes and equipment dynamically and counter the class and equipment of the opponent. Fight your way through 60 official and over 300 notable user-made custom maps, survive and kill in 8 official and at least 10 notable custom gamemode, reaching from
    This game is almost perfect, the best balanced FPS ever.

Fight your way through 60 official and over 300 notable user-made custom maps, survive and kill in 8 official and at least 10 notable custom gamemode, reaching from Capture the Flag over Prophunt to King of the Hill.

A lovely style of graphic, perfect voice actors (at least in english), funny voice clips and especially the balancing do the rest.

Now to the best of all: The F2P system. Its completely unique for a F2P shooter to not be P2W as PlanetSide or AVA, to name two other Steam F2P shooters, are. Premium members gain ONLY the following:

-6 times bigger backpack
    -ability to trade items
    -ability to find hats and misc (which dont have any effect at all)
    -the feeling that they spent a great developer team a drink

To the balancing: I would call 2 weapons, Phlogistinator and Soda Popper, a bit over the top, but they are both easy to counter, even though you can get annoyed by them pretty fast.
    Also weak is the point that the classical Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch modes miss due to the fact that Valve wanted to think the players as team players, not as CoD Kiddies.

To get to an end: Team Fortress has a great humor, a brilliant lovely artstyle, a growing and good community, a outstanding balancing and a very good F2P system. It won't make it 10/10 because of the missing of the Deathmatch modes and the little mistakes in Balancing, but it is one of the best games (on my personal Top 10 at least 3rd) ever made.
  21. Aug 22, 2013
    I started to play when this game was not Free to Play, and I have to say only one thing this game keeps its quality, even when everyone is running in weird painted hatwear.
  22. Jun 28, 2014
    in my entire life.

All classes have purpose
    It is completely balanced
    its now free-to-play
    the weapons are unique and have their own strengths
    I've spent over 100 dollars in this game. and i must say...
    worth it.
  23. Nov 16, 2013
    Probably one of the best online FPS of all time.

Probably one of the best online FPS of all time.

Don't expect to like Team Fortress 2 the moment you jump into battle, the chances are you will find it very difficult and frustrating. Once you find the class your good at and the weapons you like, you'll be playing it non-stop. There is so much to this game you'll find as you progress. The maps are all very fun with different gamemodes which are all fun and can easily be played on for over 100 hours. The only real downside of the game is the community who can sometimes ruin the server you are playing on. Sometimes you can't escape them and will just have to wait until they are all gone. Another downside maybe being people doing cheap tricks with their classes and weapons and such.

Freakin' good game, by far the best Free-to-play game out there.
  24. Feb 12, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 - WOW, what a game! Extremely impressive gameplay and multiplayer, buckets of humour, fun and replayability, and incredibly rendered cartoonish graphics which fit the game perfectly. If you don't have this game already, you are seriously missing out!
  25. Jun 14, 2011
    Team Fortress was a Quake mod that became wildly popular throughout the PC gaming community. Valve saw this as an opportunity and released Team Fortress 2. There are nine different classes you can choose from, from the stealthy spy, who sneaks up using disguises and invisibility and delivers devastating blows from behind, to the subtle-as-a-brick heavy, who, with his miniguns and sandvichTeam Fortress was a Quake mod that became wildly popular throughout the PC gaming community. Valve saw this as an opportunity and released Team Fortress 2. There are nine different classes you can choose from, from the stealthy spy, who sneaks up using disguises and invisibility and delivers devastating blows from behind, to the subtle-as-a-brick heavy, who, with his miniguns and sandvich in hand can deliver a world of pain and delicious-ness on the field. The classes are all perfectly balanced and have strengths and weaknesses that make sure that your class reflects only your playstyle. There are also dozens of weapons and even more hats to further customize your individual classes. Major updates give out free items to players, players can buy them from an in-game store for real-world money, or they can trade other players for items. They can also get items for earning Steam achievements, or from "crafting" items together to make a better item.
    The gameplay is great, and it never feels frustrating like some other games do. You can get into the console if you're an admin and do all sorts of crazy stuff in your game, at the price of not being able to get achievements and stats tracked. All updates are free, and you never have to pay for "map packs" or "expansions". It's also loads of fun to be part of the TF2 community. Every event has a cool new hat or accessory for your character to show that you were there. Some games on Steam offer hats and weapons with pre-order, like Portal's companion cube pin.
    I could talk about Team Fortress 2 for hours, but Metacritic will only give me 5,000 characters and I'm lazy, so I'll just say that Team Fortress 2 is one of the best values out there (at $10 on PC as of this review), and an even better value when bought as part of the Orange Box. There's just so much you get besides the already amazing gameplay.
  26. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is fun and FREE!. I know, the graphics suck, and you gan take a rocket to the face. it is very unrealistic, but it is certainly fun. And free. Most of the free games really push you for buying things, but in TF2 it is easy to get weapons without buying stuff. So that's it.
  27. Nov 12, 2011
    This is a really fantastic game, the graphics are cartoony which makes it fun, but what impresses me more is how Valve's physic engine makes the game more fun, it is fun to just shoot dead bodies and see them slide away. There are hundreds of different weapons and hats. And there is a currency in game called metal (it is a currency to me). The more scrap, reclaimed or refined metal youThis is a really fantastic game, the graphics are cartoony which makes it fun, but what impresses me more is how Valve's physic engine makes the game more fun, it is fun to just shoot dead bodies and see them slide away. There are hundreds of different weapons and hats. And there is a currency in game called metal (it is a currency to me). The more scrap, reclaimed or refined metal you have the richer you are in the game. Valve has really done it again with a really good game like this. Multiplayer is FANTASTIC. This truly is a golden game Expand
  28. Nov 13, 2011
    This is great!
    In times when graphics are ultra-realistic and perfect, TF2 still does it!
    Love the maps, classes, animations... Sooooo: I love the game =P
  29. Nov 20, 2011
    When I first heard of a sequel to Team Fortress classic I was surprised but also excited about a new Team Fortress. But now that's I've played it, it is a great game that's graphics are cartoonish yet aesthetically pleasing. But the best part of this game is the class balancing they're so different from each other yet the balancing is something that is top of the standard. This game isWhen I first heard of a sequel to Team Fortress classic I was surprised but also excited about a new Team Fortress. But now that's I've played it, it is a great game that's graphics are cartoonish yet aesthetically pleasing. But the best part of this game is the class balancing they're so different from each other yet the balancing is something that is top of the standard. This game is lighthearted but very fun and addicting that will still compete wit the other First Person shooters. Valve has shown WHY it's still a maker of great quality FPS

But what it does lack is variety. Playing basically the same thing over and over again won't make sure you stay playing for that long. But when you do start playing, it'll be very hard to get off playing.

When you do start playing it's best that you choose a class that you feel comfortable playing as. The learning curve may be steepish but once you get into it, there's heaps of fun it.
  30. Jan 4, 2012
    Whenever someone thinks of PC gaming, they should think of Team Fortress 2. This game, along with Counter-Strike, has made the FPS genre as it stands possible. The theme is cartoony to match the tongue-in-cheek approach the dev team is taking to death with their sarcastic, satirical humor. Blog posts, shot comics, and constant updates add to an ever increasingly confusing and hilariouslyWhenever someone thinks of PC gaming, they should think of Team Fortress 2. This game, along with Counter-Strike, has made the FPS genre as it stands possible. The theme is cartoony to match the tongue-in-cheek approach the dev team is taking to death with their sarcastic, satirical humor. Blog posts, shot comics, and constant updates add to an ever increasingly confusing and hilariously strange back-story with absolutely no practical application in game, except to give a base for community-made hats. Did I forget to mention hats, weapons, classes, community maps, mods, and the digitalized hide-and-seek mode of prophunt? Expand

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.