9.2

1. GabrielU
    Jan 24, 2010
    I don't understand the big buzz around this game. It's a little fun. This game is just too "simple", I mean, just few maps, games, most of characters are dull (scout, medic, soldier, heavy, bomberman)... I've played few hours with joy, now it's boring. Meh, I think that I shall install UT2k4 once again. Or go RO! But it's different kind of online fps.
  2. GegolenS.
    Jun 27, 2008
    Not bad. Spies are overpowered and it lacks the class balance that the original QW TF had. Definitely better on the PC, don't even bother on a console.
  3. AbS.
    Jun 13, 2009
    This WAS a complete and fun game at 1 time. NOT NOW! Valve/Steam keeps changing classes - now the Scout class is the most powerful in close with all the new weapons. Which u would find kind odd if u ever played TFC, the heavy or pyro where the close up fights. The new sniper class gets 75%+ instant kills with his new bow and if instant kills arent enough u can throw a jar of piss on a This WAS a complete and fun game at 1 time. NOT NOW! Valve/Steam keeps changing classes - now the Scout class is the most powerful in close with all the new weapons. Which u would find kind odd if u ever played TFC, the heavy or pyro where the close up fights. The new sniper class gets 75%+ instant kills with his new bow and if instant kills arent enough u can throw a jar of piss on a player for even quicker kills, still dont understand how this works( i know its a game but thats messed up!). This game needs to revisited by critics, it does not deserve a Metascore of 92, maybe a 70ish. Myself I will never buy another Valve game again because once they fix the bugs in the game then they begin to change it. Which means more bugs, by the time they are done its not the game u paid for! Expand
  4. HelpU
    Jul 19, 2009
    *Sigh* I had some good times with this game... A good 40 hours.... But only when I found out the recipe for disaster in the game which lets you actually predict who is going to win the games... If your team likes to all go one class.... Don't expect to win. It gets ridiculous. I mean one minute we are good and we are going to win.... Next everyone all of a sudden turns sniper or *Sigh* I had some good times with this game... A good 40 hours.... But only when I found out the recipe for disaster in the game which lets you actually predict who is going to win the games... If your team likes to all go one class.... Don't expect to win. It gets ridiculous. I mean one minute we are good and we are going to win.... Next everyone all of a sudden turns sniper or engie. Its actually kinda sad to see thing turn around like that. I don't know what they were thinking the original actually had a limit on classes but now... The game is too noob friendly don't expect to get any kind of strategy out of your teams... They will all turn sniper. Its pretty evident that this game is directed toward a noob way of thinking. So if you actually want to get hardcore into it like counter-strike. think again otherwise your a noob. Expand
  5. Dec 29, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is one of the most forgettable, pointless, and phycotic games I've ever played. Valve made the amazing Portal 2, what is with Team Fortress 2? It's simply too forgettable and outdated (there are Valve games far superior to this, and they tried to make the graphics looked so good it ended up turning into a mashed up bluray player,) so I cannot recommend this game.
  6. Dec 9, 2011
    I used to love this game but now it's F2P it's ruined i actully cried when the meet the medic update came out this game used to be worth giving game of the year but after september 2010 i said this game **** sucks @%% for real i hate this game now i sold all my hats for steam games even like a max and stuff like that im sick of it im sick of it im sick of it valve but one last thing WHY?!I used to love this game but now it's F2P it's ruined i actully cried when the meet the medic update came out this game used to be worth giving game of the year but after september 2010 i said this game **** sucks @%% for real i hate this game now i sold all my hats for steam games even like a max and stuff like that im sick of it im sick of it im sick of it valve but one last thing WHY?! WHY?! DID YOU RUIN THE GAME OF THE OBJECTEVE GAME OF THE CENTURY!? Expand
  7. Dec 22, 2011
    Ask me to review this early 2010 and I would give it an 8 or 9 /10. After the man-conomy update everything just went bad. Everyone is not even playing the game- just trading virtual hats. People waste alot of money on the store and for what...a new cosmetic? There are alot of weapons in the game but there is no diversity between say one rocket launcher and another gameplay wise because itAsk me to review this early 2010 and I would give it an 8 or 9 /10. After the man-conomy update everything just went bad. Everyone is not even playing the game- just trading virtual hats. People waste alot of money on the store and for what...a new cosmetic? There are alot of weapons in the game but there is no diversity between say one rocket launcher and another gameplay wise because it would be too hard to balance. Team Fortress 2 used to have a nice bit of content added now and then, new maps ect. But now it requires half a gigs download every other week to play. This led me to uninstall what was otherwise in the past a fun game I really liked. The only reason they screwed it up was to get more money. Expand
  8. Jun 17, 2012
    Valve has released some of my favorite games to play on the PC to date. Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, and Counter-Strike all have a spot in my heart for games. When Team Fortress 2 was released, I enjoyed playing it with the basic items/weapons that the game had released. Some of the weapons they have released today have definitely pushed me away from the game but the real kicker for me wasValve has released some of my favorite games to play on the PC to date. Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, and Counter-Strike all have a spot in my heart for games. When Team Fortress 2 was released, I enjoyed playing it with the basic items/weapons that the game had released. Some of the weapons they have released today have definitely pushed me away from the game but the real kicker for me was the adding of the Mann Co. Store (Which, for those of you who don't play the game, is an in-game micropayment service). Ever since then, the game has turned from an enjoyable team game to a fashion party. Players can now adorn themselves with hats, gear, and costume to personalize their character. While this creates a wide open space for creativity, it makes the game less appealing especially now that Valve is using it primarily as a revenue stream. I come from an older generation of gamers who played games made to be enjoyed and to receive money as a secondary goal. Few and far major game producers do this anymore. Video gaming has become a sad era of gross value, not entertainment and Team Fortress 2 exemplifies this. Expand
  9. Sep 17, 2012
    This game is not a good choice for those that won't/can't buy weapons, or have bad luck finding them, in order to even out the player field. Many weapons are way too overpowered, making it too easy to kill groups of players in seconds. The aspect of the game is good and you'll find good teamwork if you find the right server. But it's mostly filled with 12yr olds who beg for anything youThis game is not a good choice for those that won't/can't buy weapons, or have bad luck finding them, in order to even out the player field. Many weapons are way too overpowered, making it too easy to kill groups of players in seconds. The aspect of the game is good and you'll find good teamwork if you find the right server. But it's mostly filled with 12yr olds who beg for anything you have. And there are players so overpowered that all they do is concentrate on finding/buying, or trading for, hats. Expand
  10. Jun 6, 2013
    My friend recommended this game to me on Steam, said it was a crazy, fun game, so I tried it out. First time, I was interested, training area, ok learning the basics, than the game its self... yeah about that.
    The thing that bugs me about this is that every gun in this "insane" game aren't even good, there's no assault rifles in this game for some strange reason and the rocket launcher is so weak. The only class that I actually liked was the Spy, he's sneaky, and can kill players with one shot with the revolver or knife, while the rest are complete crap. I can see so many people like this game for the MP, but I'm not seeing the quality, insanity, or excitement at all.
  11. Jul 7, 2013
    Not very good, but there is still some fun to be had here. You play as 9 different classes, each with a different play style. I found myself feeling more at home with the Soldier and Heavy, since these guys are fairly easy to get kills with and tank through. There is also different game modes, which involve capturing points, or leading a payload bomb through a path through a map, toNot very good, but there is still some fun to be had here. You play as 9 different classes, each with a different play style. I found myself feeling more at home with the Soldier and Heavy, since these guys are fairly easy to get kills with and tank through. There is also different game modes, which involve capturing points, or leading a payload bomb through a path through a map, to name a couple. This game however is not for everyone, stay away if you don't like playing in a team. (That, and the increasing hat updates are breaking the game further and further as the days go by). This is a review of the vanilla game content released through Valve, as there is plenty of different community mods for the game, go try those if you don't like the vanilla game. Expand
  12. Sep 1, 2014
    It's a pretty good game, but one thing RUINS it. It is absolutely horrible for people that aren't very good at it. It is full of very experienced people which ruin the game for less experienced people. For the people that are awesome at it - it's insanely fun, and for the average people it is an absolute nightmare and that is enough for me to remove 6 points. 4.
  13. Jun 21, 2015
    NOTE: This review is based off of my experience with the game, I will not be referring to any server or any user in this review, I am not against anyone whatsoever. This is overall my opinion of what I thought of the game overall, this will be the longest review I will ever do.

First I would like to say that Valve has done an excellent job at developing their games and making their commuinity statisfied. So why do I not recommend Team Fortress 2? Well the gameplay itself is fun and enjoyable, the community itself is not.

My Expierence With the Gameplay
    After waiting nearly 7 hours of installing the game on my brand new computer I was finally ready to play what players and critics call "The Greatest FPS Game Ever Made!" I loaded up the game, I was given the option to play the training section and know how to play the game, I realized that this is was not going to be the best part of the game, but I just had to know how to play. After completing the training section of the game I connected to a community server, I jumped into the game being a newbie, I admit I did not do very well at the start, but I had some potential of getting better each time I played the game. Some of the players I work with would tend to get angry because I was not doing so well, I simply ignored and found some strats with the different classes in the game and eventually got better. I played almost everyday because I felt so addicted to the game and the different game modes it had to offer.

I noticed that other players I was playing with had better items than me, so I asked how they got those so called "Unusual" items, they said to me that they traded for it, they also said that I could unbox those items, but they warned me that it was extremely rare that I could unbox it. I took their word of advice and I started to look for players who were willing to sell their items to other players, and that is where my expierence with trading comes in, the worst feature in the entire game.

My Experience With Trading
    I searched for a handful of servers to get me started with trading with other users. I eventually found a server to trade on, I looked in chat to see what other users were selling, most of them were selling normal items like weapons, hats, and other items. I noticed that players were also showing a price tag next to their items they were selling, they were selling items that cost like 1.33 refined metal, or 5.66 keys, I got confused on what this meant. I asked around the server to figure out what this so called "Pricing System" meant, players on the server responded by saying "Wut? You don't know what that means?" or "Is this guy a noob or something?", I obviously was not going to get the answer that I wanted, but of course I cannot get everything that I want. Some players advised me on what website to go to (not mentioning the name), so I took their word of advice and I looked online, the website apparently prices every single item in the game. I was shocked to find out that this website manipulates users into getting other players into listening to their stupid pricing system. So I browsed the website to look for the answer I wanted, I never found the answer that I wanted to hear. So at this point I began to ask to myself, why are players being forced to use this website to actually sell their items they want to get rid of from their backpack? I mean it's a good idea to prevent players from overpricing their items, but what is the entire point of trading if you cannot sell your items at your own prices? But wait! This website even overprices their items they list! For example, there is a hat in the game that costs 300 earbuds, if you don't know what earbuds are, they are a way to pay for items, these "earbuds" costs $60 USD, so do 300 X 60, that equals $18,000 USD, why would anyone pay that much money if it really does not mean anything besides gaining fame? Feels more like a game that rich people would play only to be amongst the wealthy. As I said, it sounds like a good idea, but it just does not work, this website overprices items that thieves and scammers will go after and attempt to steal from other players who are in possession of those items.
    Speaking of scammers and thieves, they are EVERYWHERE IN THIS GAME!!!!! Whether it is a game server, idle server, or trade server, there will always be a player who has had a past history of stealing from other players. The higher the value of an item, the more likely chance you will be added by a random person who will either A. Try to buy it off of you for a fair price. B. Will try and steal it from you. C. Will send you a random fake link to a fake website that will hijack your account (I have had countless users trying to hijack my account because I have an unusual in my backpack, I still get random friend requests even though I don't play the game anymore). so yes, they are EVERYWHERE!!
    The good thing about trading is you never know what you might get from other players if you agree to pay their price!

I would also like to mention I was a moderator on a trade server at one point in the game, I was a regular on this server, I often assisted with helping the staff catching rule breakers or someone who has had a past history with stealing from other players. They recommended for me to apply to work for their server, I agreed to apply for their server, I went on the official website for the server that they run and wrote my application to work for the server. I waited about 2 weeks for an answer, the owner of the server added me via Steam, he gave me the news that I got the position of a moderator. I said in my application that I had not been a part of a staff team anywhere else before the one I applied for, I figured that they would train me to learn how to be a good moderator, someone who can be an expert at knowing what to do, but nope! They instead threw me in without any training at all and NOT advising me what to do and what not to do, they did however how to use the console commands that the server had provided, I did not know what most of them did or did not know what each of them did. About 2 weeks later I was called into TeamSpeak (I actually had to this program on my computer) the staff was talking about how they were changing rules and that they were denying any sort of appeal from a specific website that does not exist anymore. After the meeting was over I was told to deny any existing appeal on the forums, I was told by an admin to do this action, I did what he told me and I posted on the forum posts, after I posted on the forums posts, the admin denied all of the posts. So a few days go by and I log back on my Steam account, I noticed a message that was sent to me by another staff member, he gave me a link to one of the appeals I was told to post on, I read that the person who was one of the people that I was told to post on tried to sue the server and website all together, so a few of the other staff members kept sending me messages blaming me for this entire thing when I was only doing what another adminstrator told me to do. So after this I decided to get off of my Steam account for an entire year, not knowing what was happening, I just did not decide to care anymore and left for good. I have never seen such a terrible server not giving a crap about their server and the way they treat their other staff members like this.

Final Opinion
    So that is my opinion of Team Fortress 2, I know that there maybe some things I went way too hard on, but this is my experience and what I went through while playing this game. The game is good itself, has a lot of effort that was but into the game, but the trade system is what destroys it from being a completely normal game, a majority of this game is just a cash grab, it seems that the message is: Have the most expensive item in the entire game and you win.
  14. [anonymous]
    Jan 1, 2010
    They took away lots (like grenades) and made the game pretty bad... but then added more maps... but they were too small and they sucked. The spy pistol is kinda overpowered. I dont like TF2.....
  15. AndrewH.
    Oct 29, 2007
    Great graphics are a lone bright spot in an otherwise poor experience. Gameplay is sluggish, and once basic tactics are mastered invention and strategy goes unrewarded. Really disappointing as the elements added since TFC do not make up for the features removed.
  16. AnonymousMC
    Apr 23, 2008
    Shallow. Not fun. Looks great. That about sums this game up. The guns do so little damage it irritates me to the point of wanting to bash in the skull of whoever thought of that. a SHOTGUN AT 2 FEET DOESN'T KILL IN 3 SHOTS OR MORE. That alone sums up the damage system, it's meant for kids to be hammering at each other all day. No strategy is needed, unless playing different forShallow. Not fun. Looks great. That about sums this game up. The guns do so little damage it irritates me to the point of wanting to bash in the skull of whoever thought of that. a SHOTGUN AT 2 FEET DOESN'T KILL IN 3 SHOTS OR MORE. That alone sums up the damage system, it's meant for kids to be hammering at each other all day. No strategy is needed, unless playing different for each gun is called strategy. Oh, right click and leave the scope on for a while and then BAM after a while you get an insto-kill as sniper, or just hold down the trigger and follow people as a medic, that is strategy for kids with ADD and apparently that is who designed this crapper of a game. This lowers the Orange Box score since this was an advertising point. In the end it is sad. Anybody who gives this a score of 6 or above is likely not too intelligent, and by the looks of other reviews I agree with the research that America's average IQ has dropped over the years since almost everyone is giving this game a 10. Beh Expand
  17. AnonymousMC
    Apr 8, 2008
    I bought The Orange Box because of the Half-Life games. My favorite game actually turned out to be portal, a very unexpectedly fun and engrossing game. After trying all of the games except Team Fortress 2, I figured I'd try it. Keep in mind I have never played the original. The game ran very smoothly and its graphics gave it personality. However, when it came to actually playing theI bought The Orange Box because of the Half-Life games. My favorite game actually turned out to be portal, a very unexpectedly fun and engrossing game. After trying all of the games except Team Fortress 2, I figured I'd try it. Keep in mind I have never played the original. The game ran very smoothly and its graphics gave it personality. However, when it came to actually playing the game, I found it to be really lame and pointless. Battles last all of three seconds. Basically you have a bunch of cartoons running around and firing at one another then dieing and repeating the process. (I know, excluding engineers) I did not receive any enjoyment from this game, I was shocked and appalled that this lame game was hid in a package containing otherwise excellent games. I give it s three because it did not have technical problems. It was just dumb. Expand
  18. AnonymousMC
    May 8, 2008
    Game was good for a bit. Then valve decided it needed to "balance" the classes and basically in the end screwed it all up. Now several classes are overpowered some are underpowered and some do not have a point at all anymore. The engineer used to be a defensive class now he's completely pointless and can be killed easily. The medic is oerused. Soldiers and demomen are overpowering byGame was good for a bit. Then valve decided it needed to "balance" the classes and basically in the end screwed it all up. Now several classes are overpowered some are underpowered and some do not have a point at all anymore. The engineer used to be a defensive class now he's completely pointless and can be killed easily. The medic is oerused. Soldiers and demomen are overpowering by someone with the slightest skill. Spies are hard to play but easy to spot if you play more than a few weeks. Heavy's run out of amno to fast. Snipers have are overpowered with melee and the scope. Scouts are worthless on all maps now due to updates. Pyros still have issues with the flame setting people on fire most of the time someone can just walk through it without problems or someone gets hit with the flame from outragious distances or is off to the side. Basically all the classes have major flaws now the 1st time they got the classes right but valve still doesn't think they're right and keeps changing them making them increasingly pointless and unblanced. Don't get on xbox360 lags way to much and maxs out at 16 ppl better to get it online if you are going to get it at all. Expand
  19. V.Trauma
    Aug 9, 2009
    Too bad it didnt stand a chance about the classic one. Its too fast, unbalanced and the levels are boring. Too much arcade for this game, it should have stayed the old style.
  20. BO
    Feb 16, 2008
    All I can think when i play TF2 is What Went Wrong? i played TFC from its birth to its death (then ressurected it on LAN) and when TF2 was released i bought it then got bored after a day. All the creativity and skill has been sucked out with the loss of great maps, grenades especially the class specific one, medic packs great for causing panic infecting people, concussion grenade jumps All I can think when i play TF2 is What Went Wrong? i played TFC from its birth to its death (then ressurected it on LAN) and when TF2 was released i bought it then got bored after a day. All the creativity and skill has been sucked out with the loss of great maps, grenades especially the class specific one, medic packs great for causing panic infecting people, concussion grenade jumps for getting from A to B that little bit quicker, det packs, graphics not done by Disney. its a bog standard shooter now and not even a very good one, I'm all for recycling but after such a large amount of time from announcing the game to actually getting round to releasing it, you might have done all new maps with a rehash of the only ones as an extra. BRING BACK TFC! or at least make TF2 better. Expand
  21. AnonymousMC
    Feb 26, 2008
    Not altogether fun. Not even a little. The weapon reloads may be tolerable, barely, in a single player game, but for multiplayer it's just tediously absurd. Didn't really enjoy TFC, nor the Weapons Factory mods for Quake2 (Q2WF) and Unreal Tournament (WFUT) which were based on TFC. And I played those for many months until one evening while playing WFUT I asked myself "why amNot altogether fun. Not even a little. The weapon reloads may be tolerable, barely, in a single player game, but for multiplayer it's just tediously absurd. Didn't really enjoy TFC, nor the Weapons Factory mods for Quake2 (Q2WF) and Unreal Tournament (WFUT) which were based on TFC. And I played those for many months until one evening while playing WFUT I asked myself "why am I playing with these retarded dullards?". Now we have TF2 which is just the same damn game with, I'll concede this much, improved graphics and audio, and the same mentally disturbed children (in their 20's, 30's, 40's and probably even older) who absolutely refuse to say anything unless it's rude and belittling. And on a parallel note, UT3 also sucks along with TF2 and TFC; what's with the painfully slow "running" speeds? Quake4 and Doom3? Puh-Leeeeeeeeeeeze! Expand
  22. JoshuaS
    Apr 14, 2009
    Team Fortress 2 has two things going well for it: a quirky visual style that could only be mistaken for the next big 3D film, and a cast of memorable characters whose every line seems to spawn an internet meme all to itself. Unfortunately, the downsides are utterly terrible hit-detection and even worse lag compensation, and the use of "hax" is far too commonplace among the game's Team Fortress 2 has two things going well for it: a quirky visual style that could only be mistaken for the next big 3D film, and a cast of memorable characters whose every line seems to spawn an internet meme all to itself. Unfortunately, the downsides are utterly terrible hit-detection and even worse lag compensation, and the use of "hax" is far too commonplace among the game's players. These issues will not always be noticed by new or casual players, but to a hardcore gamer they make Team Fortress 2 frustrating at the best of times and unplayable at the worst. Expand
  23. Jan 1, 2011
    Was good, but not great. Then they added gimmicky items, which you can either grind for or fill Valve's wallets for, which also grant gameplay advantages. And they lost their sense of humor, and started relying upon grade-school humor. I'd have given an early solid version of the game an 8 or so -- it was never actually mind-blowing or anything -- but with grinding and real-world cash itemWas good, but not great. Then they added gimmicky items, which you can either grind for or fill Valve's wallets for, which also grant gameplay advantages. And they lost their sense of humor, and started relying upon grade-school humor. I'd have given an early solid version of the game an 8 or so -- it was never actually mind-blowing or anything -- but with grinding and real-world cash item purchases, two of the least fun and least skill-determined ways of obtaining advantages in gaming, I feel more than generous giving the game a 3. Expand
  24. Jul 12, 2011
    JUST a fail it sucks i rather play E.T. than this stupid game. really why is this game so great i don't see it. and its very buggy and low quality so reallt bad.
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    I played TF2 back in 2008 and it was really fun to play. But re-installing it after years in 2011 really wasn't worth the time. While the gameplay is the same, get the enemy briefcase, capture all enemy points etc. the game itself turned from a fun FPS into a pointless hat-collector.

But I won't criticise the game for it's 5-12 year old community collecting as many hats as they can, for me it's the quality that makes the game bad compared to how it was back in 2008. Everywhere you look you see unfinished and re-re-used animations and taunts, as well as unbalanced weapons like the "Equalizer" or the "Solemn Vow" that make their standard counterparts just useless. It's not the quality I expected from Valve Software.

It seems TF2 is now Valve's money making machine. People buy the items that the folks at Valve haven't even made themselves (they just ask the community to make them) and add them without even giving them proper animations, stats what so ever. Seems like Valve spent the majority of their time on giving the menu class images hats.

As for the graphics you can already see that the game is out there for a long time. However, the cartoon style is still something you don't see in any other game and they're still fun to look at, even tho' the so called "Very High" settings looks like Crysis on "Medium".

A 3/10 from me.
  26. Apr 16, 2012
    This game used to be about strategy and team work. Now its freaking buy this and we get money crap. The new thing about having it be free? Well basically half the thing is not because you spend most of the time in the shop stpending money on **** HATS? If you don't have a hat your not considered "cool". It's the most stupidest thing ever.
  27. Jul 1, 2012
    This game oh man this game.What a utter sack of **** this game is, Riddle me this players giving this game after 2011 a 10/10 score, what is it about this ''amazing'' ''game'' that makes it deserve a perfect score? The answer is nothing, nothing at all. You know what i miss about this game? Well i mean its not like the game has no team work whats so ever and its not like every class hasThis game oh man this game.What a utter sack of **** this game is, Riddle me this players giving this game after 2011 a 10/10 score, what is it about this ''amazing'' ''game'' that makes it deserve a perfect score? The answer is nothing, nothing at all. You know what i miss about this game? Well i mean its not like the game has no team work whats so ever and its not like every class has overpowered uber weapons is it? Heres the short of it, Valve has made a money sucking abomination out of game that once required some thing resembling skill. Now its just a game filled with **** autistic kids who have nothing to do except play a Mature game and breathe heavily into their mikes begging you for one of those **** hats. 10/10 for a unbalanced camper/hacker/greifer feast with meaninglessness iteam and stupid children? Ill pass. Expand
  28. Dec 29, 2012
    It's not that good. It's even bad for a free game. The only reason that I got this was because my friends told me to get it, so I did, and after playing for about an hour, I decided that I had had enough because I had gotten so bored. The game-play is repetitive, the weapons boring, and the people are...special. I guess the reason that I don't like it is because I have never really likedIt's not that good. It's even bad for a free game. The only reason that I got this was because my friends told me to get it, so I did, and after playing for about an hour, I decided that I had had enough because I had gotten so bored. The game-play is repetitive, the weapons boring, and the people are...special. I guess the reason that I don't like it is because I have never really liked first person shooters, and this is one of the worst. Expand
  29. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Though it was originally a game based on teamwork, the entire community is crap. With good and interesting maps, along with a (for some reason, hated) Free-2-Play status, it's a fun game. Except for the fact the people judge you on your ITEMS. If you don't have a hat that has some dumb effect, then you the most hated person in the game. Those people who first join the game are pummled to the ground with taunts of how they are "noobs" and "bad players", what do you expect? They just joined the game, don't expect them to be gods getting kills left and right. And then there are people who spend thousands just to buy these virtual hats, the game is nothing more than a hat simulator with players who wear dumb clothing thinking they are cool, along with the use of the same unfair technique on others, such as Scouts following someone across the battlefield just to kill you, Demomen who use their Sticky bomb launchers for offense, battle Medics that never respect or heal their own teammates, ETC.
    Not to mention, the biggest kill of the game are "Critical Hits". Why do these even exist? They turn a fair battle into a "kill the rabbits" gamemode. About to kill someone at point blank with a shotgun? Nope, 1 critical hit from a pistol and you are dead.
    Also, why aren't weapons and maps added to the game more often? Each patch that is added into the game is just filled with hats and other things.
    All in all, it's a good game, but unless you want to put up with spoil, unfair, and non cohesive players, don't waste your computer space.
  30. AnonymousMC
    Mar 5, 2008
    I just blew $50 on "The Orange Box" to get this long-awaited sequel to one of my favorite games of all time, TFC. However, after several days of playing, I can say without a doubt that this game is an enormous let-down. We no longer have grenades for some reason, which makes sentry-guns godly in many cases, requiring a team member to kill himself just to destroy the sentry! IfI just blew $50 on "The Orange Box" to get this long-awaited sequel to one of my favorite games of all time, TFC. However, after several days of playing, I can say without a doubt that this game is an enormous let-down. We no longer have grenades for some reason, which makes sentry-guns godly in many cases, requiring a team member to kill himself just to destroy the sentry! If you're in a good hiding spot sniping people, it is given away when you nail somebody because the camera zooms over to you, which ruins any good location. The pyro has an incredibly weak flamethrower and it reaches about as far as his arm, making it useless for the most part. Weapons don't seem to have a secondary fire anymore. Oh yeah, and this may just be 90% of the servers out there, but every time I have joined and played a game, even if I play for hours, I have yet to come across a CTF map! Everything has gone CP, which is boring as hell after a map or two. On top of that, maps like "Well" don't even resemble what they have resembled since their introduction, which has spanned several game engines such as Quake, Half-Life, and Unreal. This game is incomplete and does not deserve to bear the title "Team Fortress" in its current state, with the lacking of so much that has always been a part of TF. Highly disappointing and if I could return the game and get my $50 back I would. Bear in mind that I am an older player who is basing this review on years of playing ALL of the original TF mods across many game engines and am comparing it to what it used to be and noting what it lacks. Expand

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.