8.5

1. Feb 18, 2017
    + big world
    + many stuff
    + boss fights events

- small inventory bar cant see properly what is what
    - crafting some stuff must watch only on browser game need in game crafting list or something
  2. Dec 25, 2016
    Bah,..Don't see the reviews,play it,experience it,enjoy it,love it,etc...Pretty darn addictive,still getting bored after a long time playing,and later probably search other games.But I'm guaranteed that you will get hook to this game again after getting bored.
  3. Nov 28, 2016
    One of the best games i have ever played, I loved every bit about this game. A really great 2D game. Spent playing this game on explore and kill the bosses with my friends and You think this is like MineCraft IT'S NOT.
  4. Nov 3, 2016
    A game that most people think is a Minecraft rip-off. Simply, no. It adds so much more, that unlike Minecraft has led to hours of fun. I could play it for months, and there will still be so many places to explore, and so many things to find. I give this 10/10 because it's one of few games that got me this addicted.
  5. Oct 17, 2016
    A BEAUTIFUL experience with undoubtedly one of the best soundtracks in gaming, being 2D doesn't mean its terrible to build in, there is so much to build with you can make Marble Mansions in 2 Dimensions
    An outstanding game worthy of a 10/10 - CorozinReviews
  6. Oct 4, 2016
    This is by far one of my four favorite games of all time. This game is not a ripoff of Minecraft. I repeat; this game is NOT a ripoff of Minecraft. it is it's own game, and has many unique aspects that Minecraft lacks in. I have had this game for 8 months, and I currently have spent more time in this magical, blocky, 2-dimensional world than in any other game I own. (600+ hours.)This is by far one of my four favorite games of all time. This game is not a ripoff of Minecraft. I repeat; this game is NOT a ripoff of Minecraft. it is it's own game, and has many unique aspects that Minecraft lacks in. I have had this game for 8 months, and I currently have spent more time in this magical, blocky, 2-dimensional world than in any other game I own. (600+ hours.) This game has brought me nearly countless hours of nonstop fun. [10/10] This game is absolutely wonderful. Expand
  7. Sep 18, 2016
    Imagine Minecraft meets Symphony of the Night

That's Terraria This game is massive and absolutely worth your time, it's got so much content it's honestly overwhelming. I think the biggest thing that dings this game that the game's progression/story (if you can call it that) isn't very builder friendly. Sure you can build but, just be prepared when you kill a certain mid game boss to
    Imagine Minecraft meets Symphony of the Night

That's Terraria

I think the biggest thing that dings this game that the game's progression/story (if you can call it that) isn't very builder friendly. Sure you can build but, just be prepared when you kill a certain mid game boss to have a lot of your work/base destroyed (yeah it's a big deal if it's your first time, it actually killed the game for me for a couple months.)

The other thing is that it's still being updated with new content. Normally this is a good thing but a lot of times if you wanna play through the game proper you'll have to restart with each update. I dumped a ton of time into Terraria and that's what ultimately killed it for me.

Still an excellent game you can't really go wrong with, and I look forward to playing it again when the final update comes out. With Excellent music, atmosphere and a huge and interesting world to explore that's different with each generation, Terarria is a game you'll want to dump hundreds of hours to experience it.
  8. Aug 16, 2016
    Like a fine wine, Terraria has only gotten better with age. When it was released, it was a substandard, 2D metroidvania with a focus on combat and a procedural world. Over the years however, it has slowly evolved into better and better versions of itself. Adding loads of content, refining the aesthetics and mechanics, and even fostering a healthy relationship with its community. No otherLike a fine wine, Terraria has only gotten better with age. When it was released, it was a substandard, 2D metroidvania with a focus on combat and a procedural world. Over the years however, it has slowly evolved into better and better versions of itself. Adding loads of content, refining the aesthetics and mechanics, and even fostering a healthy relationship with its community. No other game that comes to mind is anywhere close to this level of post-launch dedication and success.

I would like to personally commend the developers for their dedication and commitment to the game's growth, even when they thought they no longer would. Now, after all this time, Terraria has become one of the finest examples of a game worth ten times the sum of its parts. If this game looks even remotely interesting to you, I highly reccomend you by it: it is well worth the price of admission.
  9. Aug 11, 2016
    My girlfriend made me play this game

70 hours in one week later

I think Im slightly addicted

Terraria is now my new gf

11/10 would play again

Pls add more content to feed my addiction

Cant wait for Terraria 2/ Otherworld
  10. Jul 29, 2016
    Great game I've collected 1000 hours on the game and have never gotten bored of it its such a big game anyone could get lost into and spend hours without noticing.
  11. Jul 24, 2016
    The game is awesome and challenging but it needs something else for the REPLAY of the game, it looks like an unfinished game, you play the hole game fighting bosses and don't even know why.
  12. Jul 14, 2016
    Fun game with a cool RPG-type twist to the exploration/mining game though a blatant rip off of Minecraft and ultimately a little bit too..... 2 dimensional. I mean come on.... mining for hours at a time for resources to build. Where have we seen that before? Crafting Tables, Forges, Biomes? Where have we seen that before? Ok, so Terraria was "inspired" by Minecraft and that's ok.Fun game with a cool RPG-type twist to the exploration/mining game though a blatant rip off of Minecraft and ultimately a little bit too..... 2 dimensional. I mean come on.... mining for hours at a time for resources to build. Where have we seen that before? Crafting Tables, Forges, Biomes? Where have we seen that before? Ok, so Terraria was "inspired" by Minecraft and that's ok. But, the thing that made Minecraft so unique was what that you could build and be creative. Build grand structures or working contraptions with red stone. Terraria falls a little flat in that aspect in my opinion. Sticking to 2 dimensions means some harsh limits to what you can do creatively. Also, I think this game would have been much better if the graphics resolutions were increased. The sprites of characters, enemies and objects are so small and blocky that something like adding a new pair of boots to your character alters it's sprite by 2 pixels. There are countless versions of all types of building blocks, crafting stations and furniture in this game yet the resolution is so bad that they all tend to blend together after awhile and only the color differences really stand out.
    Those complaints aside, the RPG aspect of the game is brilliant. Finding loot in jars and chests makes exploration more fun and necessary. Adding little random bonuses to crafted weapons is a nice touch as well, making every weapon you create a little more unique. NPCs will come to your village if you build housing for them and some of them have some great, game altering abilities or loot. The number of things you can craft is astounding, even if most of them are merely cosmetic differences. Oh, and the boss battles, some a little too easy, are a fun addition to the genre and give it more of that 80 side-scrolling retro feel.
    Despite the obvious inspiration from Minecraft, Terraria is a fun game to play a little and mess around, but due to the limitations with creativity I can't see it being as addictive or playing it as religiously as Minecraft.
  13. Jul 1, 2016
    Terraria is a great game. Once you start, you don't stop. I've played it for over 300 hours and still haven't completely clocked the game! The art, the game, the game-play all work together really well. This is yet to be one of the greatest 2D platformers. This game I find much better than Minecraft in variety. :)
  14. May 24, 2016
    Not sure what the hype is about but just a few cons to know about before getting this title
    - no tutorial (just drops you into your world and you figure out everything else)
    -clunky feel to actions( eg. the pickaxe digs up dirt behind me sometimes..seems random where it actually digs)
    -the biggest issue IMO- 2D. Nothing like removing a whole spatial dimension to kill the immersion..
  15. Apr 18, 2016
    With enough dedicated time to play through the slow beginning, you will see that there is so much to see in the world of Terraria. A 2D masterpiece that you will enjoy so much after being skeptical of what the game has to offer. And there is a lot in this game, with thousands of items and blocks and many different mobs. Biomes are fun to explore on the surface and underground. The game isWith enough dedicated time to play through the slow beginning, you will see that there is so much to see in the world of Terraria. A 2D masterpiece that you will enjoy so much after being skeptical of what the game has to offer. And there is a lot in this game, with thousands of items and blocks and many different mobs. Biomes are fun to explore on the surface and underground. The game is very expansive with different NPC's and memorable music. Terraria is definitely an enjoyable experience. Expand
  16. Apr 11, 2016
    "A ripoff of MInecraft, it's not worth playing, it's just fifteen dollars down the drain," The fanboys say- SCREW YOU TERRARIA IS AWESOME! It's one of my absolute favorite games of all time! Unlike Minecraft survival, there's a point to the game. You need to survive this world and conquer many, many bosses, build a village for your other inhabitants, and... conquer more bosses. Terraria is"A ripoff of MInecraft, it's not worth playing, it's just fifteen dollars down the drain," The fanboys say- SCREW YOU TERRARIA IS AWESOME! It's one of my absolute favorite games of all time! Unlike Minecraft survival, there's a point to the game. You need to survive this world and conquer many, many bosses, build a village for your other inhabitants, and... conquer more bosses. Terraria is definitely bigger than Minecraft. Graphically, it reminds me of a beautiful Sega Gensesis game, The soundtrack is pure pleasure to my ears, and it's one of my personal favorite games of all time Expand
  17. Mar 14, 2016
    For A $10 game Terraria has so much to offer, and so much replayability. With the price that Minecraft is (26$) You could almost buy 2 copies for your friends as well. Now, many people like to say how Terraria is just a 2D version of it's 3D brother Minecraft, however this is quite wrong, when's the last time you've seen a flying eye in Minecraft without mods? And unlike Minecraft, withFor A $10 game Terraria has so much to offer, and so much replayability. With the price that Minecraft is (26$) You could almost buy 2 copies for your friends as well. Now, many people like to say how Terraria is just a 2D version of it's 3D brother Minecraft, however this is quite wrong, when's the last time you've seen a flying eye in Minecraft without mods? And unlike Minecraft, with the new 1.3 update there is now steam support, so it makes it even easier to play with your friends than Minecraft, with Minecraft you would need to buy a server or use hamatchi, but with Terraria you can host a server and invite anyone from your steam friends list that has the game. In my opinion Terraria is a game that should be played with friends, when the game is played by yourself the game can get boring, causing you to stop playing. One thing that I will have to say about the game is that the beginning is VERY tedious, if you're just starting out you have to grind for quite some time until you get enough ores to start taking down bosses, but once you take down one boss, you start going on a roll... That is until you get to hardmode, where the process restarts by needing to grind for Cobaltpalidium, Mythrilorcalcum, and adamantitetitanium. The only way to avoid grinding for these ores is to fish for crates, which again can be very tedious. After killing the 'final' boss, it leaves you with that feeling of "What now?" and this causes a lot of players to just drop the game after they kill a certain boss. I highly recommend this game to any casualmature players, competitive players may like the pvp area of the game, and if it goes on sale I would 100% recommend for anyone to pick it up just to try it. when it goes on sale you could buy about 13 copies of the game for the price of one Minecraft copy. Have fun playing everyone! Expand
  18. Mar 9, 2016
    ITS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its so good
  19. Feb 26, 2016
    No es un minecraft en 2D. Terraria va mas allá y tiene un equilibrio perfecto entre supervivencia y construcción. Un juego con miles y miles de items, NPCs, bosses y enemigos. Una autentica maravilla para jugar horas y horas.
  20. Feb 12, 2016
    By: Jose

Do you like video games? if you do you should try terraria you can buy terraria with 5$. my opinion is that this is 1 of the best games of app store and google play.this is a good game to play it right now.if you don’t play. one time I went to mine and I found amethyst is so good. 1 Reason is that the monsters are cool like zombie,slime,demon eye.the 2 reason is that
    By: Jose

zombie,slime,demon eye.the 2 reason is that you can’t go to creative and do cheats.
    the 3 reason
    is that you can find wings to fly and fight in the air. childrens of 7-40 years can play.
    I give this game 10 of 10 amaiznig golden stars.you should go to the app store and go to buy and
    you should buy it right now because it is 5$.Just remember
  21. Feb 10, 2016
    Minecraft will 100% be better for multiplayer always but terraria is still fun with multiplayer and is even fun with single player when Minecraft single player is boring and a drag but terraria is fun since you will never know what you will find.

Buy for £9.99 its 100% worth it even with its minor flaws its still a fantastic game
  22. Feb 7, 2016
    If you're into survival games, this is a must-have. Terraria beats every survival and sandbox game out there.

This game is amazing, and updates are still coming! If you have friends, buy two copies and play together. You both wont regret it!

P.S. If you're more into building stuff, buy minecraft instead.
  23. Jan 19, 2016
    Terraria is a great 2D sandbox survival. It is a great game to be immersed with. There is so much stuff that you can do in the game. Even though its basically like Minecraft, its a great game overall.
  24. Jan 9, 2016
    Many people call this game '2D Minecraft', at least here in Korea. I personally play minecraft and loved the game. When I first bought the game in Steam, I was thinking this game just as a '2D Minecraft', which made me just think that it's similar to Minecraft.

But, Wow. This game was so had tons of more features than minecraft - like variety of weapons, different bosses, etc. What I have to say is that you must play this game.
  25. Jan 6, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played this game 196 hours and it's the best game available in Steam. Terraria is like Minecraft in 2D. There are modeled the time of day, phases of the moon and solar eclipses in the game. There are random events like martian attack, goblin army and pirate invasion. During the night there will spawn dangerous monsters everywhere. When it is raining the zombies use raincoats. During Halloween and Christmas special things happen. You must mine the earth for metal ore, melt the ore to metal bars and then forge swords. Bosses will drop special weapons when defeated. When you have beaten the last boss you will continue playing in hardmode where the enemies are more difficult. Expand
  26. Nov 28, 2015
    I said to myself after 100 hours I'll write a review for Terraria, but if somebody told me I was gonna play a single video game for nearly 200 hours, let that game overtake my life, that I would be spending around 5-10 hours almost playing per day not doing anything except building my appartment complex, a battle arena near my house, an elevator pit under my house that goes directly toI said to myself after 100 hours I'll write a review for Terraria, but if somebody told me I was gonna play a single video game for nearly 200 hours, let that game overtake my life, that I would be spending around 5-10 hours almost playing per day not doing anything except building my appartment complex, a battle arena near my house, an elevator pit under my house that goes directly to hell, and taking down every main boss in the game, trying to get the best armor and dying countless times trying to do so... I probably would've laughed. But Terraria pulled me in and didn't let me go until I took down the Moon Lord. Through many....MANY countless deaths due to strong enemies, bosses, falls, explosions, drowning, more bosses, traps, I was able to build and craft everything necessary to survive in a world that's against you from the start.

Terraria drops you in the middle of a procedurely generated world filled with caves, tons of monsters, and nothing but a short sword, a pickaxe and an axe. Soon you'll learn how to build a house for your guide and for you to take refuge at night from the more dangerous monsters that roam around. You'll find ore, craft new weapons and armor to better protect yourself and finally start adventuring further and further, deeper and deeper in the world. Eventually you'll have everything you need to take down the Wall of Flesh and enter Hardmode where new enemies and bosses are introduced, new ore to mine and more weapons and armor to craft.

On the surface you can see this game as a 2D version on Minecraft, but if you look deeper, it's much different. Terraria is more like Metroid with the exploration of a new world you know nothing about and Castlevania with the enemies you fight, and bosses you encounter and a few dungeons to explore with hidden goodies. The only similar thing to Minecraft is really the mining and the crafting, everything else is it's own game and that's where Terraria really shines.

Of course no game is perfect and I do have maybe one gripe with Terraria. For example; Some deaths feel really cheap, enemies (especially in Hardmode) are more unfair than challenging, and you'll die countless times just trying to get your items back before even getting close to your grave stone to collect anything. It's important to keep extra weapons and armor nearly as strong as your equipped weapons. Trust me, if you die and need to go deep down, or far far out into the world, you're gonna need extra armor, weapons and equipables to reach your lost items, especially in Hardmode.

That's really it for gripes, though I'm sure people will be turned off by the slow start in the beginning of the game, only taking the game for surface value, calling it a Minecraft ripoff. But if you stick with it, do some research on what items you'll need, how to craft certain things, maybe getting a friend to help with the harder bosses, I'm sure you'll find an amazing game inside a small little $10 package. The ammount of content you get in this game alone is worth the price of admission, you just have to do your research to truly understand the ins and outs of this game.

With all that said, I can safely say this is one of those games that you can spend hundreds of hours doing nothing but building, crafting and still have a blast not really doing anything at all, or you can take down bosses, and look for the best weapons in the game and explore your world to find everything. With it's cheap price and the ammount of content and so much offered in one little package, I can safely say this game deserves a 9.5/10!
  27. Nov 24, 2015
    2D Sandbox Adventure

Overall: 75% (96.9/130)

Atmosphere 7.1/10

Variety 9.6/10

Cost-Benefit Ratio 3/4
    System Requirements 1/1
  28. Nov 12, 2015
    This is a game the way games used to be made, simple fun.

If you're thinking about shying away from this game because it might appear to be a minecraft copy at first glance, it isn't. Terraria is a very different experience all it's own.
  29. Nov 9, 2015
    Who would give this game under +5? This game is one of the best games i have ever played!

Now this game is not minecraft at all! This game is so different from minecraft! There is over +250 items in terraria while minecraft has over +100 items. This is a MUST BUY!
  30. Nov 7, 2015
    The game is fun but there is a lot of grinding to get to the mechanical bosses but that's the only real grindy part. This Game with its retro looks and style similar to minecraft was very fun at the start but as stated the part between the wall of flesh and the last of the 3 mechanical bosses.
  31. Nov 1, 2015
    I cannot find fault with this game. I would recommend it, for sure. With great gameplay, brilliant pixel art, references to various other media, it's perfect for anyone looking for a gaming adventure.
  32. Oct 23, 2015
    Me sigue pareciendo una copia en 2D de Minecraft... No me llega a enganchar, no me llega directamente. Aún jugándolo con amigos, no sé, no. Falta algo.
  33. Oct 4, 2015
    Terraria is a game where you explore and do random crap.
    BUT, there are NO tutorials, and when I started, I had no Idea wtf I was doing.

I like how it was like 95% Legend Of Zelda, and 5% Minecraft, totally original guys.

If you like:
    - Minecraft
    - Legend of Zelda
    - Any dumb Blocky Game

Then you'll like this game.

Minecraft: 7.5/10
    This Game: 7/10, was kinda Dissapointed
  34. Oct 1, 2015
    Tier 2
    + One of the best co-op game experiences there is
    + Fun mechanics that reward exploration and discovery
    + Continuous support from developers, with new content offered a few times
    ? Experience becomes stale after a lot of play, only going to draw people back who are in love with the game
    - Progression system tied to mining higher and higher tiered metals becomes very repetitive
  35. Sep 23, 2015
    This game rocks! and if you need a break from minecraft play it!
    Do not listen to the negative comments these people didn't play this game more than 5 minutes!
  36. Sep 11, 2015
    The best world building game PERIOD

(sorry minecraft)

The 1.3 patch takes an already amazing game and adds so much more awesomesauce. Running a server with friends just makes this a blast to play.

To those just getting into the game: In game help is a little sparse, so keep a terraria wiki open in another window.
  37. Aug 18, 2015
    I bought Terraria a year ago, I haven't played it much until now. Terraria is an awesome game. There are so many things to do in Terraria, like exploring the underground, fight enemies in the dungeon, building houses for the NPCs, fishing, etc. The bosses in Terraria are quite challenging, but when you have the proper equipment, it will be very easy to defeat them. You can play alone orI bought Terraria a year ago, I haven't played it much until now. Terraria is an awesome game. There are so many things to do in Terraria, like exploring the underground, fight enemies in the dungeon, building houses for the NPCs, fishing, etc. The bosses in Terraria are quite challenging, but when you have the proper equipment, it will be very easy to defeat them. You can play alone or play with friends in Terraria. Since the 1.3 update you can play with your Steam friends very easily. I recommend playing Terraria with a friend because fighting bosses will be easier. If you get the hang of it and would like some challenge, Terraria offers an Expert mode where the bosses will have more HP and do more damage. There are events that will happen randomly in Terraria where many monsters will try to attack you in your base which is very annoying most of the time. There are so many items in Terraria, and you can craft so many things, like furniture, weapons, armor, potions, etc. You can build your house with almost anything. There are many weapons in the game, not just swords and bows. There are guns, rocket launchers, boomerangs, yo-yos, magical staffs, spell books, lasers and more. The achievements in Terraria are fairly easy to complete. The Steam Cloud feature is very neat as I wouldn't be worried to lose my progress. Even though the graphics look outdated, the gameplay is truly amazing. I would really recommend Terraria. Expand
  38. Aug 14, 2015
    This is the worst game in the world, even dayz in comparison with it is a good game, I do not know what else to say, and how you can do this play, but are the same idiots who like this 2d perversion, just stupid idiots are the people who think this game normal game, I have all.
  39. Aug 13, 2015
    Terraria is a great game, i haven't played it much but it appeals to me much more than minecraft.
    people say that its a rip off from minecraft where actually its nothing like that, terraria is more adventuring and going into dungeons and caves but minecraft is more building and crafting. In my opinion both are good games but terraria is better.
  40. Aug 9, 2015
    I love Terraria, I hate people saying it's a Minecraft ripoff. So Minecraft is about mining and crafting, hence the name. Terraria is more about exploration and defeating bosses/enemies than mining and crafting. If I wrote this review in the 1.2.4 days, this would have gotten a nine, although there are so many good things in the 1.3 update, I need to give it a 10/10, also, the replayI love Terraria, I hate people saying it's a Minecraft ripoff. So Minecraft is about mining and crafting, hence the name. Terraria is more about exploration and defeating bosses/enemies than mining and crafting. If I wrote this review in the 1.2.4 days, this would have gotten a nine, although there are so many good things in the 1.3 update, I need to give it a 10/10, also, the replay value is much better than minecraft as with minecraft, mods are usually required. Then with Terrraria, you could just replay the game with a different playstyle Expand
  41. Aug 2, 2015
    Overall impression: A rich game, but demanding

I think this game is addressed to proper PC gamers. Not having played games like Minecraft, and preferring a controller to a mouse, I don't think I really found my place in Terraria. I felt slightly left out at first when the game drops you with no explanation. I find it strange when it assumes that you know what you're doing and gives
    Overall impression: A rich game, but demanding

I felt slightly left out at first when the game drops you with no explanation. I find it strange when it assumes that you know what you're doing and gives you only the most basic of help. So I had to go online and watch videos of people playing before I could start figuring things out for myself. Perhaps I'm a bit lazy, but that somehow felt wrong. As I played and got the hang of things, I felt conflicted between how awesome it is, and how time consuming it was. Sort of felt like if I had put that much work into playing an instrument (rather than digging virtual tunnels), that would be time better spent...

As I said, perhaps I'm just lazy, but this game feels more for the proper gamer than for someone who just wants to play an hour or so and do something else with his day.
  42. Jul 26, 2015
    Amazing game, one of the best Indie games I have ever bought for sure.
    This game delivers so much depth and surprise if you look behind it pixelated look.
    For 10 bucks it's a must buy !
  43. Jul 24, 2015
    In a time where thousands of mediocre and uninspired games seem to appear daily, Terraria is a true gem. Admittedly, while the pixel art graphics should scare off the majority of "why no tutorial me bro?" types, this game still isn't for everyone and it certainly does not hand-hold you. The charm comes from playing with friends but strangely doesn't require every session be a multi-playerIn a time where thousands of mediocre and uninspired games seem to appear daily, Terraria is a true gem. Admittedly, while the pixel art graphics should scare off the majority of "why no tutorial me bro?" types, this game still isn't for everyone and it certainly does not hand-hold you. The charm comes from playing with friends but strangely doesn't require every session be a multi-player experience in order to be satisfying.

Having come a long way in a few years, development wise it can now safely be considered 'done', but just when you're left itching for more, you can also download lovingly crafted adventure worlds (Zelda themed as an example) which somehow keep the exploration fresh while forcing you to relinquish your pickaxe for some good old fashioned brain work.

Excitement and progression is a three faceted affair of exploration, crafting, and building. Dig straight down until you're repeatedly killed by the increasingly difficult enemies, making you naturally want to craft a better set of armor before trying again. Explore so far across the surface of your strange new world only to die in an accidental fall, motivates you to build a new home in the far away jungle so you won't need to make the trek yet again after your next accidental demise.

Grab it on sale so you can purchase a few copies for friends and hop on Skype with them, if the visuals didn't already put you off you're likely not to regret it. Oh, and don't forget to turn off that in-game music whilst tossing on a set of your own tunes. Be it Classical, Gangster Rap, Indie Rock, or Country Western, you're going to be here awhile.
  44. Jul 16, 2015
    Terraria has pretty much no modding community. Do you know why? Because the game already has all the content you could possibly want. Seriously, this is the most complex sandbox game I've ever played. And most importantly, its fun!
  45. Jun 30, 2015
    Terraria is an enchanting and exciting video game that catches the gamers attention from the get go. While this game is often called a Minecraft clone I believe this to be bull crap. This game has so much content, and choice, that it is completely unfair to be summed up to Minecraft. And don't get me wrong I have been playing Minecraft since the beta days. Anyway enough about Minecraft,Terraria is an enchanting and exciting video game that catches the gamers attention from the get go. While this game is often called a Minecraft clone I believe this to be bull crap. This game has so much content, and choice, that it is completely unfair to be summed up to Minecraft. And don't get me wrong I have been playing Minecraft since the beta days. Anyway enough about Minecraft, Terraria starts off just like all the other clones. This may be why people disregard it as a M.C clone and never play it again. Big mistake! even the beginning offers tons of choice and control over your world. For example do you go and explore an underground cavern with treasures galore? And risk the chance of meeting a ghastly monster, and lose all of your hard earned coins? Or do you stay at the top of the world and gather what you can and hope to fend off the mob of undead on the horizon? I hope I have sold you on getting yourself a copy of Terraria after all it's only $9.99 on steam right now. Now for some downsides to Terraria. The Multiplayer in Terraria can be very dry sometimes as it does not have as many features as other games on steam. You can team up with a fellow adventurer and attempt to take out bosses together, or you could go exploring together, or perhaps build a gigantic fortress and help protect it from waves of undead marauders. As cool as I made that sound it's really just co-op mode. You can also try to join a server but it's more of the same thing depending on which you join. I actually really enjoy the Multiplayer but I like the Singleplayer too. And I think the same thing goes for the other side. Somebody really doesn't like the singleplayer so they hop over to the multiplayer to see if their is any redeeming quality in it. Going back to M.C tons of people hate survival but love to play on servers, and I think something like that should be implemented into Terraria. I love this game and highly suggest that you and maybe a couple of friends pick this beauty up on steam and enjoy it. Expand
  46. Jun 28, 2015
    Terraria is really an amazing game that is great in its own right. People call it a ripoff of minecraft but i believe that the two are similar but still worlds apart. Terraria offers boatloads more on adventure with a large array of bosses, mobs and events with minecraft having a minuscule amount of this sort of content in comparison. Mine craft has a much more in depth creative contentTerraria is really an amazing game that is great in its own right. People call it a ripoff of minecraft but i believe that the two are similar but still worlds apart. Terraria offers boatloads more on adventure with a large array of bosses, mobs and events with minecraft having a minuscule amount of this sort of content in comparison. Mine craft has a much more in depth creative content however with the extra dimension allowing for more complicated structures to be made compared to terraria. When you play this amazing game on the verge of its next big update you realise just how different it is from minecraft and how much more engrossing a play through of the game is compared to minecraft. A $10 game i would say be worth much more. Expand
  47. Jun 24, 2015
    Terraria is a sandbox game that makes me feel like Minecraft merged into a cuter, more nicer game. Terraria is best played with your friends, so for me it won't really work (check out my gameplay time) yeah... not that much. But I was not really happy with its multiplayer, literally me and one of my friends spent 45 minutes trying to make the multiplayer work, which really put me off fromTerraria is a sandbox game that makes me feel like Minecraft merged into a cuter, more nicer game. Terraria is best played with your friends, so for me it won't really work (check out my gameplay time) yeah... not that much. But I was not really happy with its multiplayer, literally me and one of my friends spent 45 minutes trying to make the multiplayer work, which really put me off from playing the game, but with its wide variety of objects to use and its great length of a game, you will be playing this sandbox game with your friends for hours on end!

Terraria is a great game to get a 4-pack and have fun with your friends!
  48. Jun 16, 2015
    alot of people should come back and reveiw this game now, 2$ on steam sale, 10$ at the most and it has ALOT more gametime and fun then alot of Triple A games, and is getting update after update, a new one adding a ton of new stuff on the 30th of june! so many bosses, fun combat, amazing music, alot of people dident like this game as it was pretty simple at first and havent come back sincealot of people should come back and reveiw this game now, 2$ on steam sale, 10$ at the most and it has ALOT more gametime and fun then alot of Triple A games, and is getting update after update, a new one adding a ton of new stuff on the 30th of june! so many bosses, fun combat, amazing music, alot of people dident like this game as it was pretty simple at first and havent come back since the update, the game is 10 times better now and 10 times bigger! and def worth the 2,5,10, heck i would buy it even if it costed 30$ Expand
  49. Jun 10, 2015
    Probably my favorite game of all time. It is somewhat like Minecraft, sure, but it is not a ripoff just because of that. Unless every shooter other than the original is a ripoff, and every MMO other than the first is a ripoff, in which case about 99% of games should also get people rating them 0 because they are ripoffs. This is a 2-dimensional game where you mine, explore, craft, andProbably my favorite game of all time. It is somewhat like Minecraft, sure, but it is not a ripoff just because of that. Unless every shooter other than the original is a ripoff, and every MMO other than the first is a ripoff, in which case about 99% of games should also get people rating them 0 because they are ripoffs. This is a 2-dimensional game where you mine, explore, craft, and fight. It is more focused on exploring and fighting than crafting and building, and there are hundreds of enemies in the game with many different types and lots of variety, as well as over ten bosses with more coming up in 1.3, which comes out on June 31 2015. There are lots of biomes that feel completely different from each other, so exploring is always fun. There are also hundreds of weapons with different effects from a rainbow gun to a jack-o-lantern launcher to a staff that summons a frost hydra. The only problem is that there is a little bit of a grind at the beginning of the game, but other than that, this game is extremely fun, and is a must buy for everyone. Expand
  50. May 13, 2015
    I don't really know how many hours I have put into this game but so far, I just cant stop. for the people who complain about the game I think just haven't played it long enough. There is a lot of content in the game with tons of weapons, armor, crafting, and bosses. And after you switch to hardmode there is even more possibilities. if people can get past the struggle of the beginning, theyI don't really know how many hours I have put into this game but so far, I just cant stop. for the people who complain about the game I think just haven't played it long enough. There is a lot of content in the game with tons of weapons, armor, crafting, and bosses. And after you switch to hardmode there is even more possibilities. if people can get past the struggle of the beginning, they can really open their eyes to this game. the 2d doesn't make it bad at all. people just have to stop comparing the game to minecraft because its a game of its own and I thank the developers for an experience that i'm still continuing to have. Expand
  51. May 1, 2015
    Game of Terraria is also selling it is a high degree of freedom, but a battle is very colorful, often the update also has many things going is added, it is very interesting content that can be enjoyed on more than price.
    Also there are some Mod, it is very good game so you can enjoy There is also to forget the time that you can also be enjoyed as an RPG.
  52. Apr 9, 2015
    It's much better than Minecraft in that it has much better (though 2D) graphics, more crafting, and more interesting fights. It's a mix of Minecraft, Diablo and 2D platformers from the 90s. Its biggest advantage over Mincraft is that Terraria actually has a purpose - in defeating bosses. So it's not just a "sandbox" game for kindergarten but rather a sandbox game where you craft betterIt's much better than Minecraft in that it has much better (though 2D) graphics, more crafting, and more interesting fights. It's a mix of Minecraft, Diablo and 2D platformers from the 90s. Its biggest advantage over Mincraft is that Terraria actually has a purpose - in defeating bosses. So it's not just a "sandbox" game for kindergarten but rather a sandbox game where you craft better weapons and armor and other equipment to defeat bigger stronger bosses. Yet the controls system is quite uncomfortable here, and on my PC the game worked pretty slowly (and I have an i7), with occasional severe drops of FPS. For a 2D game that's simply inexcusable. That's why I eventually had to just drop it in frustration. It's a good game but in no way a masterpiece or anything. E.g. even Diablo 1 from 1996 is a vastly, vastly better game. The RPG elements are rudimentary in Terraria, it's much closer to any 2D platformer like Castlevania or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or whatever you might have played on NES. And these games, as you know, mostly rely on reaction and fast clicks, which makes them tedious, annoying, frustrating and ultimately unrewarding. I think the time of 2D platformers is long gone, and there's no use to resurrect that outdated genre. "Don't Starve" is a much better game than Terraria due to a lot more comfortable controls (Diablo-style instead of 2D platformer-style). Expand
  53. Mar 20, 2015
    Terraria is the best game in the universe. Minecraft came out after Terraria so minecraft is. Terraria rip-off. Out of ten, 5000/10. It took me one year of playing to get the best gear so getting it is a true challenge.
  54. Mar 15, 2015
    I admit the fact that I enjoy playing this game more than Minecraft because it has more of a variety, but it lacks official game mode(s) and the ability to create and source user-generated content (other than just mods) in order to keep my playing this game.
  55. Mar 11, 2015
    When I first purchased Terraria originally, I was only doing so to play with a few friends elsewhere, and wasn't expecting much from this game, aside from what others had described, which was essentially "2D Minecraft." These words really couldn't be further from the truth, or rather, barely even scratch the surface of what Terraria is, or can be to someone with a creative mind.

It's a

It's a metroidvania. It's a platformer. It's a city builder. It's a blank canvas. It's a social experience. Each of these descriptors can be used on this game and each is accurate. You choose a character, a world, a world size, and a difficulty. Your first nights will be spent scraping together resources to get a shelter up to shield yourself from the undead menace that comes spilling out each night, and finding ways to expand your operations, tools, weapons, and building materials.

There's tons of distinct weapons, ores, tools, armors, magic rods, spellbooks, vanity costumes, furniture and furnishings, and NPCs that arrive as you expand your home, allow you to purchase even more items. Each serves a purpose, as you battle the creeping Crimson or Corrupt biomes that grow each day, in an attempt to completely corrupt and change your world.

A note on biomes: each time you generate a world to play in, random biomes are chosen, depending on the size, each biome has unique wildlife, plants, drops and resources you can gather, ranging from jungles, snow, beaches, deserts, forests, corruption, crimson, the hallows, etc. Over these, random sky islands also hide, waiting for you to explore them. Under each one? Ores, more unique monsters/wild life and random caves/caverns or even dungeons, secret hiding spots with hidden treasures and treasure chests.

Think that surviving the corruption and building is all this game offers? Not quite. There's also massive boss battles and triggered events, like battling goblin armies, and a plethora of other things that words won't allow me to express. The kicker is that there's still another update coming, which will offer even more content. I have 400+ hours in and I still pick it up and play it rather frequently.
  56. Mar 8, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awesome, f*ck those f4gs who say that is a minecraft rip-off or is simplistic etc. it's a big game, really big, it have over 2000+ items, and the next update (1.3) will bring over 500+ items, reaching the item number 3000 in september of the last year, it's a very addictive game, yes, thei'r worlds are small but the really big pro is that you can "travel worlds", you can use 1 character in 5 different worlds, it's very cheap, specially in the steam sales (i bought it for 2 dollars), if you got anything (duke fishron defeated + all events done) there is alot more to do, you can build really big buildings, it have over +500 blocks to build with, the developers are really good at hyping, this is game have alot of bosses, 20 aprox. here they are in order of sequence YOU should beat:
    -King Slime
    -Eye of Cthulhu (sorry bad grammar)
    -Eater of worlds

-Skeletron Prime
    -Plantera
    -Paladin
    -Golem
    -Lunar Eclipse (this is isn't a boss, but it's recommended to beat before the next boss/event)
    -Pumpking and Mourning Wood(Pumpkin moon)
    -Santa NK-1, Everscream and the Ice Queen (Frost moon)
    -Duke Fishron

Those are mobile/console exclusive
    -Lepus
    -Arch Wyvern
    -Turkor the ungrateful
    -Ocram

And now the mods, yes, they are a bit slim, but those make a HUGE HUGE REALLY HUGE modification, the minimum a mod of items they add are 200, bosses 3 and weapons 50, there are like 5 or so, 2 are for the lastest version (1.2.4.1), the first one is the oblivion mod, it have the ability to add to up to 600 of HP, it adds weapons 2x stronger than the terra blade and very strong armors, and over 5 bosses, wich 2 are almost the same but in the difficulty is really big, it hads another mode of game, the super hard-mode, it's after unlocking hard-mode and beating the nuclear slime or so, this unlocks most of the game content, the second one is N Terraria, it adds a RPG style, you can now choose a race, and have up to 3/4 teammates/pets, you can share inventory and it adds some biomes, + mini-bosses

I have to mention the biomes? yes i do, it have 20 in total (almost), and they MAKE a difference, not like minecraft, they are just a reskin of everything and it's the same, this adds different enemys, loots, bosses etc. i mentioned that terraria have almost over 100 weapons?, this game is filled with a really big content, and it's very cheap, less than 15 dollars, and it doesn't need more than 300 MB, i think it needs 128 or something like that

10.5/10 Would Buy again
  57. Mar 5, 2015
    It is really good game. You can build there a lot of creations and fight with a lot of bosses. There are great guns, NPCs, events and enemies. I Like It!
  58. Feb 1, 2015
    At first I thought it was the worst purchase I had made in a long time. I was in for any cool platformer. After a few minutes trying to understand what the hell was going on the I felt kinda lost. The level seemed easy enough, some zombie-like monsters running after me wouldn't be a problem. After a while I got it, it's not a stage, it's some kind of world where you have to buy stuff,At first I thought it was the worst purchase I had made in a long time. I was in for any cool platformer. After a few minutes trying to understand what the hell was going on the I felt kinda lost. The level seemed easy enough, some zombie-like monsters running after me wouldn't be a problem. After a while I got it, it's not a stage, it's some kind of world where you have to buy stuff, gather commodity and attract professional vendors to help with tools.

I see this is Minecraft with one less dimension. Micecraft sucks quite a huge amount so why should I stick to an inferior copy? Well... Because it's glorious platforming and the fact you actually are given tasks to move on with your construction and ore gathering, The game grows on you because of equipment. You start crappy wielding wood swords and building wood houses. Dozens of hours in after restless exploration I have Adamantine Blade and my bricks are made of copper. You realize that overworld platforming won't yield the results you aimed for. So it's time to go underground.

This is a mining title; therefore I shall mine, excavate.
  59. Jan 28, 2015
    I'll make is easy for you. THIS GAME IS A MASTERPIECE.

Impossible to explain how deap, FUN, and full of content this game is. I paid $1.99 for this game. I'm at 87hrs, and counting.... Still TONS to do. For those paying attention, that's a Mc Donalds Cheeseburger, for 87 hours of entertainment. Don't bother scrolling down the reviews looking for REDS to convince you not to pick
    I'll make is easy for you. THIS GAME IS A MASTERPIECE.

Impossible to explain how deap, FUN, and full of content this game is.

I paid $1.99 for this game. I'm at 87hrs, and counting.... Still TONS to do.

Don't bother scrolling down the reviews looking for REDS to convince you not to pick this up.

YES, this game is excellent. It's as good as you've heard, far better than it looks. LOADED with endless detail, and content, this is the holy grail of adventure/crafting/mining/combat/more. Grab a friend, and join a world together, it's a blast with friends.

What you do: Explore the world, build houses, Spelunk, craft weapons, fight a massive skeleton, die, discover hidden dungeons, dig to hell, die, find treasure, die, fight the undead, vampires, Unicorns.... Encounter Huge Bosses, Die, ROCKET BOOTS, set off fireworks, fish, blow the heads off bunnies.... no really, that happens. It's so much fun, jump in. :)
  60. Jan 20, 2015
    Caution!!! Terraria may ruin your life for weeks. This game has addicting gameplay loop which motivates you to dig nonstop through hell. There are too many things to do in this game like exploring, building, mining, farming, shooting, crafting, casting, etc. Don't let graphics and price fool you, if you buy this you will get countless hours of gameplay.
  61. Jan 17, 2015
    I have more hours in this game than I ever thought was possible. I played minecraft before I played this game, and I was convinced I would feel bored by terraria because I had played minecraft. However Terraria is different enough and polished enough to feel like a completely different experience. Yes, you can build in terraria, yes there are circuits and you spend a lot of time diggingI have more hours in this game than I ever thought was possible. I played minecraft before I played this game, and I was convinced I would feel bored by terraria because I had played minecraft. However Terraria is different enough and polished enough to feel like a completely different experience. Yes, you can build in terraria, yes there are circuits and you spend a lot of time digging for ore just like minecraft, that's where the similarities end. Terraria has a vast amount of weaponry to use, unique and difficult boss fights, graphics that look more natural and are far more interesting to look at than minecraft's default textures.

Minecraft is more of a sandbox builder while terraria is more of an actual 2D action RPG game. Despite what I thought before I played Terraria, it's clear now that this game is a unique masterpiece.
  62. Jan 12, 2015
    Game is cool! At first time i played for many many time, and this time was spending with pleasure!
    But it WAS cool, because developers do not like to update it... Last update there was more than half-year!!! MORE THAN HALF-YEAR FOR ONE UPDATE!!!! Are you kidding me?!
    I think that developers do not care about the players.
  63. Jan 8, 2015
    Its a MineCraft like game but in 2D but different. As you do in MineCraft, you can build a house, and build weapons. But in Terraria you can have special ability's, defeat bosses, holiday dlc, and much more. Fun game, but its mainly only fun if you have friends to play with.
  64. Jan 7, 2015
    minecraft = sandbox
    terraria = PLATFORM !

ffs minecraft fangays go **** yourself.
    this game is great and having one of the best plaform sections iv'e ever seen.
    graphics are not good. but the graphics are suppose to be like that.
    even mojang said it's not a rip-off.
  65. Jan 1, 2015
    I see nothing wrong with this game.

It does lack tutorials, but not many games have that now adays. And anyways, you have the guide, which helps you check what you can craft with this certain item. The lack of tutorial is actually a good thing to me, it makes exploring and seeing what I can use this new material I got for really enjoyable. All-in-all this is my favourite game of ALL
    I see nothing wrong with this game.

All-in-all this is my favourite game of ALL TIME. While the second is awesomenauts.
    I very heavily suggest you to try this game. Especially if you like survival games or have a friend who has the game as well (two player is amazing, though it's sadly difficult to make a server). After you finish the game once, and start getting bored. Just take a break from the game, maybe 3-4 months or so, and then you will be able to feel the full joy from the game again, discluding the exploring part.
  66. Dec 27, 2014
    Great game with tons of content for price. It's nice to see that the devs are still updating it as well.

Think 2D minecraft with more focus on combat and crafting all kinds of crazy stuff.
  67. Dec 24, 2014
    Terraria is slow in the beginning, but gradually climbs as the game progresses, to a point of huge complexity. It takes patience for some to enjoy the later parts of the game.
  68. Nov 6, 2014
    I got terraria a long time ago and it is a very fun game. The updates over time have greatly improved the game and added a ton of content and variety. It is a lot more combat oriented than minecraft while at the same time allowing you to do world changing effects much faster than possible in minecraft due to its 2D structure allowing you to cut the map up however you want and so on.
  69. Oct 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Terraria is a truly awesome retro themed game in which instantly pulled me in, its artwork and music are just wonderful and the world sizes and amount of exploration is massive, a title in which is surely going to give you hours and hours of fun either on the IOS or Console and PC versions. Good work Re-Logic for producing an awesome game! Expand
  70. Oct 26, 2014
    I was genuinely surprised at how much I found myself enjoying this. The combat is a total joy, the controls are solid, exploration is fun with the numerous biomes, building is fun and very customizable (if a little hard), it's got a very nice style (being one of the VERY few games that's managed to make retro graphics look good), and there's a lot of ways to customize your appearance, fromI was genuinely surprised at how much I found myself enjoying this. The combat is a total joy, the controls are solid, exploration is fun with the numerous biomes, building is fun and very customizable (if a little hard), it's got a very nice style (being one of the VERY few games that's managed to make retro graphics look good), and there's a lot of ways to customize your appearance, from some awesome looking armor sets to vanity clothing that pays homage to other games (one of my best moments was finding out that you could get clothing to look like the Ice Climbers. Don't judge me pls).

My only real problem with the game is that like many other sandbox games it gets old after a while. That, and new players are going to find their inital experience somewhat confusing. However, if you're looking for a new time sink, you can't do much better than Terraria.
  71. Oct 21, 2014
    This game is swell. But that's it. It falls flat in the combat. I loved that combat. but I also hated it but the combat was great! I loved that one time when I watched the sun set but I thought I was going to cry it was so stunning I. Don't under estimate the power of the green slime.
  72. Oct 19, 2014
    Terraria is a great game. It has a lot of mechanics I like, and it is a lot more than the "2D Minecraft" people claim it is. there are a lot more mechanics to the game without mods, which I heard there are, but never installed them. The graphics are great as well, with it not being the cliche 8-bit, but 16-bit, with a lot of color and nearly flawless design.

The way the game operates

The way the game operates is this: you spawn in a newly generated world to collect resources and be able to defend yourself from enemies that spawn at night. After a certain point, you can dig far down enough to beat the "final" boss and unlock hard mode, which makes that platinum armor you spent hours looking for the materials to make a lot more weak against the new enemies. The mechanics are more complex than often referred to game that is minecraft, from the bosses and entities to the most basic thing such as crafting and building. The multiplayer is like minecraft's multiplayer, ranging from playing with friends to dedicated servers that offer many different things.

The game is nearly flawless, earning it a 9 out of 10.
  73. Oct 17, 2014
    The game does not support a resolution that is higher than 1920 × 1200 which is quite disappointing because my screen resolution is 2560 × 1440 (QHD). It's impossible to zoom in while playing the game, this means you have to glue your face in order to feel comfortable aiming your tiny mouse to break every single little block that measures about one centimetre on my screen. The craftingThe game does not support a resolution that is higher than 1920 × 1200 which is quite disappointing because my screen resolution is 2560 × 1440 (QHD). It's impossible to zoom in while playing the game, this means you have to glue your face in order to feel comfortable aiming your tiny mouse to break every single little block that measures about one centimetre on my screen. The crafting system is also a disappointment, if I want to craft a certain item, I have to scroll through a long list of stuff (that isn't even organized) until I find what I need. The concept of this game is cool, but the UI is absolutely terrible. Which is why I unfortunately prefer the mobile version of Terraria over the desktop version, because in the mobile version almost every feature that I listed that isn't in desktop is there.

Game Version: 1.2.4.1
  74. Oct 9, 2014
    Terraria is awesome! I can't tell you all about this game. becous this game have very big content! If you wanna be a warrior - it's your choise, if you wanna be a wizard - it's your choise too, if you wanna be a alchemist - it's your choise again! This game can give you all what you need! Sprites in this game is awesome, just like in a oldest games.
    I recommend this game for all people!
    I recommend this game for all people! Buy it and enjoy!
  75. Oct 6, 2014
    Terraria is totally a great game. I love the background music, and the game play is really smooth, and fighting those enemies is just exciting. I have already bought it on Steam, App Store, and Windows Phone Store.
  76. Oct 4, 2014
    alright, for the 100 bad reviews, there all 0 because they didn't play for more then a hour. The main problem is "it's to slow and tedious wah wah wah." well, the game gets quite fast at gold level, were dirt is quickly excavate, and stone as well.Copy of minecraft? yes and no. It is a survival build mine sandbox yes, but 2d, totally different concept, and items. If your lucky, and findalright, for the 100 bad reviews, there all 0 because they didn't play for more then a hour. The main problem is "it's to slow and tedious wah wah wah." well, the game gets quite fast at gold level, were dirt is quickly excavate, and stone as well.Copy of minecraft? yes and no. It is a survival build mine sandbox yes, but 2d, totally different concept, and items. If your lucky, and find one of the most powerful swords falling down a shaft to the underworld in a server, then you can defeat almost everything. Overall, great game, don't listen to the bad bad reviewers, they most likely played very little. Expand
  77. Oct 3, 2014
    More update in this game in 3 years than in the serie "call of duty" in 12 years (one easy jab, I know). You feel this game evolved (and will keep evolving) from when it started.

And no, it's not minecraft in 2D, there is a whole fighting side that is very well developped, with a felt progression when you start killing slimes with a copper shortsword and a wood armor and end up using a tactical shotgun with heat seeking bullets in a blue armor while killing a giant fish-pig-dragon thingy.

Also, you can play it in multiplayer, let it be to fight together, against each other, build magnificient structures, or play "Throw-bomb-down-the-mining-shaft-to-mine-faster-and-hear-your-friends-screaming-in-terror".
  78. Sep 30, 2014
    Terraria is simply a fantastic game. Sure, it lacks tutorial and isn't too straightforward, but watch a few episodes of a playthrough and you're good to start. It has fun, fast-paced gameplay and is innovative for the amount of content it packs in. You can play it a lot and anytime, but my only problem is that it slightly lacks replayability. Replayability IMO is only moderate. EverythingTerraria is simply a fantastic game. Sure, it lacks tutorial and isn't too straightforward, but watch a few episodes of a playthrough and you're good to start. It has fun, fast-paced gameplay and is innovative for the amount of content it packs in. You can play it a lot and anytime, but my only problem is that it slightly lacks replayability. Replayability IMO is only moderate. Everything else, fantastic. Get it without hesitation. Expand
  79. Sep 13, 2014
    Definitely my favorite sandbox game ever. The fact of having bosses and so many things to play with, I just couldn't stop until I got the best equipment possible. It's an awesome game.
  80. Sep 9, 2014
    This game was a sandbox survival simulator that was released for Microsoft Windows on May 16, 2011 while minecraft did not release officially until full release version on November 18, 2011. Even though Terraria probably was inspired by the grassy tree-filled sandbox world, it still had many more items. The only things minecraft has better is redstone and a 3d world.

Overall I love this

Overall I love this game, for those who are patient.
  81. Sep 6, 2014
    Evan though I am the definition of **** when I play this game, I still love it... Its a great game and all those people who say "It's 2D Minecraft" Then you obviously haven't played it properly, The game isn't 2D minecraft! Defiantly one of the best games I've got on steam.
  82. Aug 19, 2014
    The game is actualy good.But farming takes a while like 2 real life days to get a rare item.Boss fights are better than just hit it till it dies.Pvp is fun.But the game needs a strong pc to run or it will crash and you will lose all of your progress.
  83. Aug 14, 2014
    There isn't much to say about this game. Its fun, I mean its Castlevania meets Minecraft. The combat is simple enough to master and difficult enough to have fun. You can find new weapons and armors and special items to help you navigate through the world. You can use the terrain to help you fight. Really fun and I come back to it all the time.
  84. Jul 31, 2014
    this is a fun 2D Game
    you can build , defend , craft , create , and explore the games world.
    This game has co-op gameplay with friends and it makes the game that much better.
    you will share laughs with friends for sure.
    this game is very fun and i give this game an
  85. Jul 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For anybody saying it's "Just minecraft but in 2d" is basically wrong. it took an idea from it, sure, but that doesn't make it a ripoff. if i were to use the same logic, all first person shooters would be a ripoff from Wolfenstein.
    Second off, the content. Oh boy, i've seen a lot of negatives on that subject. "there's barely any monsters" that is, if you only count the monsters you'll see in your first day and night. "there's nothing interesting" okay, i'll admit, the beginning is never interesting for me either, but talk content and you're wrong. Back to seeing as many people say it's a "2d minecraft ripoff", minecraft may have 3d, but Terraria outclasses it by monsters, bosses, weapons, biomes and even features a progression-like activation towards activating "hardmode", wich gives acces to new features, monsters and more.
    lastly, the slow pace. this is when people just start saying things because they're not far enough in the game. all beggining is slow, so is terraria's. but giving 0's for that plain reason is just... dumb. there are faster tools to help, but they just base themselves on what they start with: the worst weapon, pickaxe and axe. because it's begging, you shouldn't expect some form of wonder to give you the best items immediately. as for now, an 8 is enough, the game has flaws (because nothing can be perfect) and i feel like it's worthy enough to deserve it. played many hours, yet even more to come.
  86. Jul 25, 2014
    I absolutely love this game. I can play this game all night and not get bored. There is so much you can do it seems endless. I do wish I had more bag space however. I always seem to run out quickly when I am exploring and mining. The music is enjoyable to listen to I don't get sick of it. The hunt for treasure chests alone will keep you busy for hours.
  87. Jul 19, 2014
    Un jeu 2d vraiment jolie , le gameplay est vraiment plaisant construire sa base , miner , récolter , explorer , puis lorsque votre stuff est assez bon attaquer vous on nombreux boss du jeu :)
  88. Jul 11, 2014
    This game is a brilliant indie game, that i have spent hundreds of hours in game yet i haven't even done all of the stuff in it, created by a small team of developers that went on to make another game called Starbound. Terraria has almost infinite possibilities and an expansive, giant sized and colorful world that can be edited in every way that you wish. with its lovable pets and slimesThis game is a brilliant indie game, that i have spent hundreds of hours in game yet i haven't even done all of the stuff in it, created by a small team of developers that went on to make another game called Starbound. Terraria has almost infinite possibilities and an expansive, giant sized and colorful world that can be edited in every way that you wish. with its lovable pets and slimes and legendary weapons it drills you with enigmatic combat and giant battles with creative bosses showing almost every possible variable that is logical to add to an enemy, did i mention this game is brilliant? Other reviewers say this game is inspired by Minecraft, however Terraria came out before Minecraft and other sandbox game so this is the ORIGINAL sandbox indie title. Expand
  89. Jul 9, 2014
    A brilliant blend of exploring, mining, building, crafting, rpg'ing and platforming. I can't believe I got this game for $2! (Steam Summer Sale 2014). It's just amazing. It pulled me in and hasn't let go. The depth is staggering. There are so many dimensions to this game...

You can build yourself an amazing base on the surface, dig mine tunnels for easy access to the lower world, fish, plant seeds and grow plants, make potions, build furniture, build houses to attract NPCs, hunt monsters, fight bosses, and so much more. You do it all at once and time just stops existing as Terraria draws you in for hours at a time...

I paid $2, but I like it so much I bought it for Android just to support the developer! Buy it. Give it an hour. You'll see.
  90. Jul 7, 2014
    Simply amazing. With it's great gameplay, music, and visuals, Terraria is easily one of my most favorite games, as I racked up over 250 total hours. Though it is often compared to Minecraft, but lacking a third dimension, the only similarity is that they both allow you to mine. It's massive variety of weapons and monsters allow for everlasting unique combat. Terrraria may seem mediocre atSimply amazing. With it's great gameplay, music, and visuals, Terraria is easily one of my most favorite games, as I racked up over 250 total hours. Though it is often compared to Minecraft, but lacking a third dimension, the only similarity is that they both allow you to mine. It's massive variety of weapons and monsters allow for everlasting unique combat. Terrraria may seem mediocre at a first glance, but with enough time and effort, it is as fun as anyone could imagine. Expand
  91. Jun 30, 2014
    近年リリースされた中で最も優れた2Dプラットフォーマーの一つで、ダンジョンとボスを備えたオープンワールドで破壊的・建設的な世界のある最初の2Dプラットフォーマーです。多くの様々な武器や鎧、特別アイテムでプレーヤーは何時間も虜になり戦い続けるでしょう。また多人数でプレイすることもできます! まるでメトロイドヴァニアのとマインクラフトにはまったかわいい子供みたいですね。近年リリースされた中で最も優れた2Dプラットフォーマーの一つで、ダンジョンとボスを備えたオープンワールドで破壊的・建設的な世界のある最初の2Dプラットフォーマーです。多くの様々な武器や鎧、特別アイテムでプレーヤーは何時間も虜になり戦い続けるでしょう。また多人数でプレイすることもできます! まるでメトロイドヴァニアのとマインクラフトにはまったかわいい子供みたいですね。
  92. Vas
    Jun 29, 2014
    You start out in a world where things are fairly easy, and need to quickly build up a small shelter. You can build quite a lot based on how imaginative you are. There are some pretty big bosses that are very difficult as well, but fun none-the-less. I think most people will enjoy the game, there is lots to do in this particular game and many unique items you can obtain. It's always aYou start out in a world where things are fairly easy, and need to quickly build up a small shelter. You can build quite a lot based on how imaginative you are. There are some pretty big bosses that are very difficult as well, but fun none-the-less. I think most people will enjoy the game, there is lots to do in this particular game and many unique items you can obtain. It's always a bit different every single time you start a new game. Expand
  93. Jun 27, 2014
    Ok so I think that terraria has everything a sandbox lover wants in a game. its uniqe, its charming and its really hard. and it takes about um uh carry the 3, 30 hours to get boring. now I would give this a 10 out of ten but the game being in 2D just really makes it lose some of its potenchal. that move would of made me give this game 5 out of 10 but then it would be way less original andOk so I think that terraria has everything a sandbox lover wants in a game. its uniqe, its charming and its really hard. and it takes about um uh carry the 3, 30 hours to get boring. now I would give this a 10 out of ten but the game being in 2D just really makes it lose some of its potenchal. that move would of made me give this game 5 out of 10 but then it would be way less original and then it really would be a rip-off of minecraft. also the game does have 11 more bosses than minecraft and about 950 more items. all in all, this game is recommended if you are the kind of person who like a new twist on 2d or is you liked the SNES as a kid. but if you are not the 2D kind of guy, or if you're one of the many people in this world who think this game is a rip-off of minecraft (the rip-off of infiniminer) then this game isn't for you. however there is a terraria mod for minecraft which is a fair remake of terraria but still missing a lot. Expand
  94. Jun 26, 2014
    What an incredibly addicting game! The real pull of Terraria isn't obvious initially, and that's the exploration. The building aspect of the game, I just did out of necessity. But digging down and finding those hidden chests and all the crazy items, that's what keeps me going for hours.

The only downside is the tiny pixel graphics. It gives me a headache from squinting at the monitor :(
  95. Jun 25, 2014
    One of the best Indie games i've ever played, ever. Picked it up 2 days ago and i already have 21 hours in it. Terraria doesn't fail to surprise with new monsters, items, and places to explore. It's similar to Minecraft is a few ways, but very different in many others. If you have a few friends to play this game with, there's no reason you shouldn't pick this game up!
  96. Jun 24, 2014
    Terraria is a nice little game, better played with friends, and with a real goal (not like in Minecraft). It is rewarding as you fight the multiple bosses and fill in your house with all the treasure you collect in the caves

The 2D is the point of the game and it might be a pain in the bottom to build things and place objects, compared to the classic Minecraft, but the combat is much better, and the exploring a LOT better.

Conclusion : Play with friends for added value, and grab it during the Steam sales !
  97. Jun 23, 2014
    I really love this game. It gets repetitive at times, but if you space out the times you play it, you can still enjoy it. I disagree with everyone who says it's a ripoff of Minecraft, because it's actually quite different. I like the concept, and actually in my opinion, it's better then Minecraft. It has more options. There are hundreds of items you can acquire, tons of different weaponsI really love this game. It gets repetitive at times, but if you space out the times you play it, you can still enjoy it. I disagree with everyone who says it's a ripoff of Minecraft, because it's actually quite different. I like the concept, and actually in my opinion, it's better then Minecraft. It has more options. There are hundreds of items you can acquire, tons of different weapons instead of the 4 or 5 in Minecraft, and amazing opportunities. It was completely worth the money, although I agree with it not being fun unless in multiplayer. Expand
  98. Jun 23, 2014
    If you think this is a minecraft rip off then go **** yourself, this game is probably the best indie game i have ever played, it doas not need good graphics to be epic like most outher games (like skyrim and call of duty). I have played it for over 50 hours and its just awesome, i could play this game for freakin 300 hours. Although its not perfect its just ****ing awesome, go buy it, itIf you think this is a minecraft rip off then go **** yourself, this game is probably the best indie game i have ever played, it doas not need good graphics to be epic like most outher games (like skyrim and call of duty). I have played it for over 50 hours and its just awesome, i could play this game for freakin 300 hours. Although its not perfect its just ****ing awesome, go buy it, it only costs 10 dollars on steam, honestly i think its worth 50. Expand
  99. Jun 21, 2014
    So....most of these bad and good reviews are from may of 2011... pre-1.2. everybody saying its just a minecraft clone in 2D with bad graphics you are entitled to your opinion but really is not. its different. plus, mojang would not reference a "clone" its a very great game. lots of stuff to do and they started to update again so there is even more content to enjoy. its such a differentSo....most of these bad and good reviews are from may of 2011... pre-1.2. everybody saying its just a minecraft clone in 2D with bad graphics you are entitled to your opinion but really is not. its different. plus, mojang would not reference a "clone" its a very great game. lots of stuff to do and they started to update again so there is even more content to enjoy. its such a different game. its creative and i cant find any game like it. (other than starbound) so honestly i think this game deserves this rating of 10/10. Expand
  100. Jun 12, 2014
    Terraria is a game that those nostalgic for the simpler days of tight controls, easy-to-understand gameplay, and perfectly good 2D graphics. It is a 2D open-world platformer game without any real direction - you are simply dropped into the world with minimal tools, and the rest is up to you. The only thing it shares with Minecraft is... mining and crafting, but the similarity stops there.Terraria is a game that those nostalgic for the simpler days of tight controls, easy-to-understand gameplay, and perfectly good 2D graphics. It is a 2D open-world platformer game without any real direction - you are simply dropped into the world with minimal tools, and the rest is up to you. The only thing it shares with Minecraft is... mining and crafting, but the similarity stops there.

There are untold hordes of monsters, animals, insects, spiders, mythical enemies, environments, materials, bosses (that are a real challenge), and so much more which put it far above anything ending in "-craft". There is an entire wiki devoted to the game, and a little poking around will reveal a ton of possibilities for what can be done in the game, not to mention add-ons, mods, and tools / utilities.

Plus, it has been updated many times with new content and activities, making it a continually replayable game to find out what else you can do!

Others say it is a steal at its regular $10 price, but it is a no-brainer on Steam Sale for $2.50. I have well over 500+ hours, almost 600, in the game and have it on every computer I own. It is just that amazing a game. The keyboard / mouse combo may take a little getting used to if you use controllers, but once you got it, it makes perfect sense.

This game is a rare stand-out gem in today's predictable, recycled game releases of 3D shooters painted grey and brown - something challenging and genuinely fun!

1. Mar 19, 2012
    Terraria is one of the best sandbox games. Terraria has some Minecraft spirit, however the focus of the game is on fighting and crafting, so it involves more action. The best way to enjoy Terraria is to play it with a couple of friends on your own server.
  2. Mar 16, 2012
    It's a title that will appeal to the adventurer, the explorer and the builder; not to mention those who appreciate a substantial amount of player freedom. If you happen to be all of those things, Terraria is a lightly tarnished treasure.
  3. Mar 14, 2012
    A lot of games tried to copy Minecraft – or at least participate from its' success. But this two-dimensional take on the well known formula is the only game that is able to step out of the shadow of the indie phenomenon that inspired it. It leads you into a unique world full of creative magic.