Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure PC

• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: May 8, 2014
8.4

1. May 13, 2014
    Allot of nostalgia here. Good to see Tex Murphy again and play a new adventure with him. The story and acting is ok, a bit low budget though. It is occasionally funny. Especially when hearing Tex's comments when exploring the environment, On the other hand, the CGI is sometimes just terrible. And the 3D engine used for the 1.st person part is outdated by at least 5-8 years.
  2. May 10, 2014
    Not sure how a this game could of been released with such terrible graphics and video sequences. The videos look cheesy, you know when the background and setting look so fake that you can tell its a blue screen. Even the explosions looked like something from sharknado. The game plays pretty solid though, if you dig oldschool adventure style, which is why It still get an average rating ofNot sure how a this game could of been released with such terrible graphics and video sequences. The videos look cheesy, you know when the background and setting look so fake that you can tell its a blue screen. Even the explosions looked like something from sharknado. The game plays pretty solid though, if you dig oldschool adventure style, which is why It still get an average rating of 5 from me. Expand
  3. May 11, 2014
    I love point&click adventure games and first person 3d / live cinematic like this is a good media for them so I had high hopes, but I was expecting better than this game. In the first hours, the only funny scenes happening are in the flashbacks from the previous games (which there are too many right at the start to be honest). Most cutscenes and speech from this game are blend, withoutI love point&click adventure games and first person 3d / live cinematic like this is a good media for them so I had high hopes, but I was expecting better than this game. In the first hours, the only funny scenes happening are in the flashbacks from the previous games (which there are too many right at the start to be honest). Most cutscenes and speech from this game are blend, without interesting content. It's neither serious, nor funny. Interviews are filled with filling text and comments about items are rarely thoughtful with barely any jokes. It takes hours before the story really starts on so it makes a bad first impression, but I have to say it does get better later on. Some scenes are really good, while others are awful, as if they cut the game budget in half at some point. You often get stuck searching for items that are too hidden and what to do with them is often illogical and missing polishing. The menus (UI) is awkward and non-practical and the 3d graphics technology (lighting and such) look like a ~2000-era game. They had a good idea and production values, but the final product have unfortunately a lot to improve before catching up with other modern adventure games. Expand
  4. Jan 25, 2015
    As a fan since Under a Killing Moon, I really enjoyed this game, but if you're not already a fan or Adventure Gamer, I'm not sure I could honestly recommend it. Overall the game just feels a bit thinly realized on all fronts: humor, story, dialog, environments, puzzles. Not a terrible game by any means but it's probably on par with Tex Murphy: Overseer, which is considered the weakest ofAs a fan since Under a Killing Moon, I really enjoyed this game, but if you're not already a fan or Adventure Gamer, I'm not sure I could honestly recommend it. Overall the game just feels a bit thinly realized on all fronts: humor, story, dialog, environments, puzzles. Not a terrible game by any means but it's probably on par with Tex Murphy: Overseer, which is considered the weakest of the series. Still, it's great to get another go with Tex Murphy in the saddle again.

If anything, this character/series needs the reboot treatment. Most of the actors are really showing their age and some new young blood both in the game and in the design would help a lot.
  5. Apr 18, 2015
    The game is Ok for Tex Murphy's fans who's I am one of them. But frankly, the story is cheesy and forgettable, and the writers were too lazy polishing it nicely, as if they began writing about the Tesla effect without full knowledge about the real experiment or even having a decent ending. I really can't explain the story to anyone asking me about the game because simply it's soThe game is Ok for Tex Murphy's fans who's I am one of them. But frankly, the story is cheesy and forgettable, and the writers were too lazy polishing it nicely, as if they began writing about the Tesla effect without full knowledge about the real experiment or even having a decent ending. I really can't explain the story to anyone asking me about the game because simply it's so ridiculous. I am happy for Tex Murphy to be back, but hopefully the next series (if there is one) will have a solid story structure. I didn't focus on gameplay here because I would forgive clunky controls for a good story. Expand

1. Sep 25, 2014
    For all its quaint charms, Tesla Effect is held back by all of the flaws that killed its genre in the first place.
  2. Tex Murphy returns after 14 years to solve what happened to Chelsee, but first he must regain his loss of seven years memory. Meet old friends and of course the best P.I. in the universe: Tex Murphy.
  3. Jul 25, 2014
    It’s a museum piece and a reminder why we used to love old point’n’click games (and hate some of them). If you’re not a diehard fan of such style, this is definitely not a game for you. [07/2014, p.61]