7.0

1. Sep 20, 2014
    The Story Mechanics have done a splendid job of making you feel like you're back in 1914 Britain which enhances the experience you'll have reading their adaptation of the novel. If you're wanting to play a game, you'll be disappointed but if you're looking for an adventure novel to read with that extra level of immersion, and you've never read or seen the The 39 Steps before, it might beThe Story Mechanics have done a splendid job of making you feel like you're back in 1914 Britain which enhances the experience you'll have reading their adaptation of the novel. If you're wanting to play a game, you'll be disappointed but if you're looking for an adventure novel to read with that extra level of immersion, and you've never read or seen the The 39 Steps before, it might be worth a look. Expand
  2. Apr 29, 2013
    Good concept but... for a game about story, one would hope that they have a decent mastery of spelling and grammar. I am no expert on the English language, but, even I feel like I'm being yanked out of the attempted immersion at times due to said spelling errors, common writing pitfalls, and grammatical omissions and errors.
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    While this is definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea it does have a very enjoyable element to it and for me personally made me want to finish it.

The big deal breaker for this kind of interactive novel is the story they choose to present and for me 39 Steps is a winner.
tbd