5.6

1. May 23, 2014
    This game has a ridiculous save game system, which was so frustrating I had to give up playing. The fighting scenes require considerable skills with the mouse, and if you're knocked out (which is very often the case), your punishment is to start over a long, long, looooong sequence of game history again. And then again, and again. And there's no way you can control this.

The game could

The game could be rather good, otherwise, but the half-baked check point system makes it all doomed. My personal advice is, don't bother to buy this game if you don't have some masochistic inclination toward re-living the past over and over again.

By trying to make a game that will appeal to the mass market that know The Da Vinci Code, they bit off more than they could chew but watering down a lot of elements.
  2. The actors (not from the film cast) sound utterly bored throughout their lengthy speeches; the only thing that trumps the highly questionable French accents is a guy who actually says "woof woof" on behalf of a virtual dog.
  3. Because I like puzzles, I enjoyed much of Da Vinci despite its flaws. But there are many of them, and the game's sloppy implementation can be seen in a number of questionable design decisions.