8.7

1. Mar 8, 2014
    Wonderful and intriguing story about dreams in a point-and-click adventure with environments, objects and characters basically hand-made from clay, divided by 6 chapters, each one granting like 3 hours of gameplay.

The first 4 chapters was already launched, and despite some delay on bring us the fourth, it seems like the fifth is coming and the sixth will not last too much for coming
    too. I played the first 3 chapters, and so far i got any bugs unless the Steam layer that doesn't work.

The puzzles are good enough, they're reasonable and you'll not have to try combinations of objects desperately trying to guess because of bad designing. You may found some difficult at the main/last puzzle of each chapter - they're hard, but not nonsensical.

It is a collection of great and beautiful craftwork, but it doesn't try to stand by the art itself, being part of a very good story with solid gameplay, so it's a great game.

If you're those who like point-and-click adventures, mostly with good stories, this is a game for you.
  2. Aug 3, 2013
    This game is fantastic! If you like Monkey Island kinda point and click, but without the random put every item with every item and hope something happens elements. You will probably love this!

This game has great atmosphere, interesting story and puzzles.
    Not to mention very subtle and hilarious jokes

What you do, Don't miss out on this point and click,
  3. Aug 15, 2012
    [The Dream Machine: Episodes 1 to 3 on Steam / PC] This is a real Gem. A point and click mystery adventure the way it needs to be done. I love games that force you to stop, think and get into the developer
  4. Sep 12, 2012
    Great game and the puzzles are JUST right. It's only downfall is the fact that it's a bit short atm. Even with 3 out of 5 chapters released I was able to play through it rather quickly (but not TOO quickly). It was really worth it thou and I am biting the bit waiting for the remaining chapters.
  5. Aug 8, 2013
    This game is great! The puzzles are sufficiently challenging, the atmosphere just the slightest bit creepy, the characters painstakingly hand-made (and, on occasion, relatively freaky looking), the story/plot wonderful and last but not least, you can detect the subtle sense of humour the creators possess at certain parts.

Sure, it can take awhile for chapters to be released and it
    really does make you impatient, but I think it's rather worth the wait. From what I've seen so far, the difficulty level increases slightly with each new chapter, which is great isn't it?

In conclusion, if you're looking for a unique point-and-click with an intriguing plot without having to fork out very much money, The Dream Machine is a game well worth your consideration.
  6. May 25, 2012
    In the vast market of indie games, occasionally you'll find a gem of a game that stands out from other games which you'll remember for years to come. The Dream Machine is one such game, it utilizes it's unique art style of clay and cardboard, blended together with a rich story, simple controls, and challenging puzzles to create a great, but slightly short game as far as chapters 1-3 go. If you enjoy point and click adventure games and got 15 bucks to spend, then I would say it's well worth it. Expand

1. Sep 24, 2013
    Thoughtful in execution, The Dream Machine avoids falling for clichéd pitfalls oft seen in point-and-clicks.
  2. Aug 28, 2013
    I played dozens of point’n’click games over the years and The Dream Machine might be the best of them all. [CD-Action 10/2013, p.68]
  3. Jun 18, 2012
    A mysterious adventure that creeps under you skin, thus makes you comfortable, and finally catch you off guard to bring you deeper in the invisible place where all dreams are tailored.