The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion PC

8.1

1. Oct 20, 2017
    Very good RPG game. Best 3D RPG ever made , Best Graphics ever made , Best modding system ever made. Best Lore ever made. Great gameplay, Nice quest. Oblivion is just Brilliant.
  2. Sep 17, 2017
    One of the best RPG games I've played. Complete: If you want a hack n' slash, magic or stealth action this is your choice. The history behind the game is awesome and consistent.
  3. Aug 29, 2017
    This game is amazing. I could probably type around 20 pages of reasons i love this game, but I'll try to keep it short.
    I feel like I have to play Skyrim again, since it's been a while since my last playthrough, before I say this. But I think I may like Oblivion more than Skyrim. This is the second elderscrolls game i play, and it's like any other. Freedom, amazing world, you know. I spent around 150 hours in this game, and I did not start the main story untill I had played 80 hours, just exploring, joining guilds, making money, buying houses. If you have played Oblivion, you know what I'm talking about.

Nevermind that it's older than Skyrim, it's a really good game. Like, really good. 10/10
  4. Jul 4, 2017
    While AI,graphics and magic/combat system are outdated,main storyline is still intriguing (tho,lacking depth),sidequests are fun,and it also has the best level design and puzzles from all TES games.
  5. Jun 25, 2017
    Very good with the world building that Bethesda are known for. Even with the very samey, and very bland world and character design. The game itself is fun even though it has a few bugs, and the most "user friendly" (sarcastic air quotes) leveling system ever. I wouldn't recommend if you were looking to go through the Elder Scrolls older games if you feel you've missed something. Just findVery good with the world building that Bethesda are known for. Even with the very samey, and very bland world and character design. The game itself is fun even though it has a few bugs, and the most "user friendly" (sarcastic air quotes) leveling system ever. I wouldn't recommend if you were looking to go through the Elder Scrolls older games if you feel you've missed something. Just find one of the eight million books in Skyrim. Expand
  6. Apr 8, 2017
    По сравнению с великой Морровинд - просто провал - деградация и упрощения во всем - вырезано оружие, магические школы, мир - стал стандартно унылым (и это после шикарнейшего в своей небанальности Морровинда), основной сюжет банален донельзя - положение отчасти спасала шикарная графика (какой там лес был) и действительно интересные побочные квесты и линейки квестов за гильдии.По сравнению с великой Морровинд - просто провал - деградация и упрощения во всем - вырезано оружие, магические школы, мир - стал стандартно унылым (и это после шикарнейшего в своей небанальности Морровинда), основной сюжет банален донельзя - положение отчасти спасала шикарная графика (какой там лес был) и действительно интересные побочные квесты и линейки квестов за гильдии.
  7. Mar 30, 2017
    I am giving Oblivion and 8, Skyrim a 9.5 and Morrowind a 10. Personally, I still feel that although Oblivion was a great game, it was a step back for the series. The level-scaling enemies, bland dungeons and procedurally-generated loot were awful. But fortunately, the soundtrack was time-stoppingly awesome, the combat was improved and the land was a sight to see. I modded my game to theI am giving Oblivion and 8, Skyrim a 9.5 and Morrowind a 10. Personally, I still feel that although Oblivion was a great game, it was a step back for the series. The level-scaling enemies, bland dungeons and procedurally-generated loot were awful. But fortunately, the soundtrack was time-stoppingly awesome, the combat was improved and the land was a sight to see. I modded my game to the high-heavens and for me, that was what made my experience so much better as it added so many things that I felt, the game lacked. Praise the modders! I do feel that this game received too much negativity for the horse armor DLC and was bashed for it, but what most people don't take into account, is that Oblivion had the greatest expansion pack in the entire Elderscrolls series, which was Shivering isles. That expansion was a game like no other.

I hope Bethesda will not forget its lessons moving forward to Elder Scrolls VI.
  8. Mar 27, 2017
    This game has so many mistakes. I wouldnt play it without mods: The level up system is so stupid, if you want to play it somehow effectively: the attribute condition is important and to raise it, you need to use 3 skills: armourer, heavy armour and block...as a mage? In addition you need to take care, which skills you use to control the bonuses you get at level up. It is killing a lot ofThis game has so many mistakes. I wouldnt play it without mods: The level up system is so stupid, if you want to play it somehow effectively: the attribute condition is important and to raise it, you need to use 3 skills: armourer, heavy armour and block...as a mage? In addition you need to take care, which skills you use to control the bonuses you get at level up. It is killing a lot of fun, but there is a mod that changes the XP system. There is another point with the key word leveling...everyone knows and only few understand that stupid system, where every mob is leveling with the character, so it means you re fighting with lvl 5 against a skeleton and it is a hard fight, later on you are lvl 40 and you will have another hard fight against a skeleton -> LOL. Maybe Bethesda is simply to lazy to implement a better system.
    Technically this game is a nightmare: still so many bugs, although it is so old. It is so obvious, that Bethesda / Zenimax simply dont care about it and know, that users will work for them. In addition this game works so bad with new computers, it is like they convert it from console to PC and dont care about the possibilities with PCs. !"%$%$"§&/()&$§" I needed so much time and needed to install the mods for this game so often, it was frustrating. And yes, dont play this game without mods.
    Controling and Interface...download mods ! so frustrating without.
    Sound: Yes, there are few voice actors, yes they are even changing with the same NPC (wtf?) and what I dislike, they have such a strong american accent. I cant hear it anymore. Music is "totally great".

What is good? Yes The elder scrolls again, this means: a free free free world :) A lot of discoveries, hidden content, very good immersion. Like in Morrowind and Fallout 3, Bethesda is simply the master in it.
    NPCs have finally a life, in Morrowind they ve been a bit static. In the woods you see NPCs hunting animals, mobs fighting and so on. Bethesda learned from a little weakness in Morrowind and put life in the world.
    I like the story and the quests, the beginning is very nice. But on the other side the quests could have more possibilities and ways to solve, especially the dialogs are so linear. Look at Neverwinter Nights or Baldurs Gate.

Overall: 10 points? 9 points? never, this game humiliates us players. 8 is a maximum. If you survive the pain of modding the game, it gets 10/10.
  9. Jan 4, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 77/100
    Mein User Score = 8/10
  10. Dec 30, 2016
    Required alot of mods to fix. It became one of the best games in history with the amount of features you could add for free. I made a mod for it myself. A very interesting RPG.
  11. Dec 8, 2016
    Oblivion is a vast improvement over the Morrowind. The world became more colorful and dynamic, the combat became reactive and not an RNG snoozefest of its predecessor. The attributes (Strength, Dexterity, Charisma, etc.) are more meaningful, as they cannot be trivially raised to the cap. The skills are now not just for giving a % chance, they give tangible benefits and can even open theOblivion is a vast improvement over the Morrowind. The world became more colorful and dynamic, the combat became reactive and not an RNG snoozefest of its predecessor. The attributes (Strength, Dexterity, Charisma, etc.) are more meaningful, as they cannot be trivially raised to the cap. The skills are now not just for giving a % chance, they give tangible benefits and can even open the whole new strategies of gameplay. Magic specialties are now actually playable, and magic is even deeper and funnier to use. The dialog experience is better, as NPCs have their own personalities now. The quests became more dynamic, complex, and interactive. NPCs are no longer static, they have their behaviors and can interact with each other. Oblivion allows better modifications, with custom scripting and animations.
    Annoying Morrowind aspects like mod conflicts and incompatible localized versions are gone. Each mod exists in its own namespace now.
    The negative aspects of the game are badly made mob scaling making them undesirably difficult and limited face customization available by default. The voice acting budget looks significantly cut, and you can hear same actors spanning several races.
  12. Oct 5, 2016
    Truly one of the best games of all time (Or at least my favorite) even a decade after it's release date.
    Brings back so many nostalgic memories, everything ties together so well & the music can be separated from the game and still stand on it's own two legs.
  13. Aug 7, 2016
    I'm sure it's a GREAT game, but unfortunatelly, I'll never experience it, as it always crashes. I've tried running the game on different configs, different OSes, still, I can't really play it as it's crashes. I can't think of any other game having this serious quit-to-desktop issue.
  14. Jun 12, 2016
    Easily one of the best RPG games ever made. This incredible followup to Morrowind carries the same soul of the game while fixing many of the issues that Morrowind was often criticized for. Horses, fast travel, better merchant and leveling systems, better visuals, pretty much everything is much improved. Oblivion boasts a great story, gorgeous map to explore, seemingly endless amounts ofEasily one of the best RPG games ever made. This incredible followup to Morrowind carries the same soul of the game while fixing many of the issues that Morrowind was often criticized for. Horses, fast travel, better merchant and leveling systems, better visuals, pretty much everything is much improved. Oblivion boasts a great story, gorgeous map to explore, seemingly endless amounts of fun and quirky side-quests, excellent main quest and add-on material (looking at you Shivering Isles), and fantastic music. There are a handful of known bugs that can be fixed with the free "Unofficial Oblivion Patch" found online. Expand
  15. Apr 24, 2016
    I have mixed feelings for this game: on the one hand I like the open world and the quests. However Oblivion has one major annoyance: its fighting system is crippled. You need dozens of arrows or slashes to finish off enemies. This is not going to improve in time since enemies level up with you or you face stronger enemies. So you end up with this irritating fighting constantly which worksI have mixed feelings for this game: on the one hand I like the open world and the quests. However Oblivion has one major annoyance: its fighting system is crippled. You need dozens of arrows or slashes to finish off enemies. This is not going to improve in time since enemies level up with you or you face stronger enemies. So you end up with this irritating fighting constantly which works on my nerves. This is especially true in the Oblivion worlds where you face the most strongest and annoying opponents. The broken leveling system counteracts the whole idea of a RPG. There is little reason to get better in this game.

On top of that it crashes regularly and I already lost some save points. Also the menu's and options are not user friendly.

Many people compare Oblivion with Skyrim and sometimes prefer Oblivion. I cannot agree with that: Skyrim is far better and it's not even a close battle.
  16. Mar 23, 2016
    Oblivion is-in my opinion-Bethesda's magnum opus.Yes,it's that epic.It includes a huge amount of quests,many RPG elements,a gameplay that's more fluid than Morrowind,with more balance in combat and magic.The main quest of this game is-hands down- the best main quest in the franchise.And it's very familiar with Lord Of The Rings.In the end,TES IV is my favourite game of all time.EspecialyOblivion is-in my opinion-Bethesda's magnum opus.Yes,it's that epic.It includes a huge amount of quests,many RPG elements,a gameplay that's more fluid than Morrowind,with more balance in combat and magic.The main quest of this game is-hands down- the best main quest in the franchise.And it's very familiar with Lord Of The Rings.In the end,TES IV is my favourite game of all time.Especialy since it's so addictive.I can't remember how many hours I've spent in this game.So with all that said I highly recommend you to play it.If your first Elder Scrolls game was Skyrim,you're gonna love even more Oblivion. Expand
  17. Feb 29, 2016
    Lots of unfixed bugs. The first game from Bethesda I played. As I mentioned in Skyrim review, the story is flat and fade but provided me with lot of fun.
  18. Feb 16, 2016
    Character dialogues are sub-par, the game doesn't live up to Morrowind or Skyrim, has an insane amount of bugs especially in the thieves guild quest line (some are drastic) and has a bad leveling system. Despite it's flaws I did enjoy various quests, loved the creativity, enjoyed the plot and overall enjoyed the game for the most part. Improved combat is featured in oblivion yet the worldCharacter dialogues are sub-par, the game doesn't live up to Morrowind or Skyrim, has an insane amount of bugs especially in the thieves guild quest line (some are drastic) and has a bad leveling system. Despite it's flaws I did enjoy various quests, loved the creativity, enjoyed the plot and overall enjoyed the game for the most part. Improved combat is featured in oblivion yet the world is much smaller and overall does not deserve any higher than 8 but no lower than 7. Expand
  19. Jan 14, 2016
    For a lively RPG world, play Gothic instead (the 2nd being my favourite). Or keep playing Morrowind if you like Morrowind: the exploration of the scenery was way cooler and surprising in Elder Scrolls 3.

I'm not kidding. Oblivion continues the trend of quantity over quality. Of big is beautiful, when it so obviously is not. Just look at the ugliness of the massive imperial city, clearly designed by people who didn't grow up surrounded by ancient ruins and monuments. Nothing looks real about these walls. Nothing.

There is some good in Oblivion, but largely outweighed by the bad, the worse and the pathetic. The excellent covers 2 things:
    - Character creation is well open; you can create and name your own class, based on the skills of your choice, which incidentally is exactly what I needed.
    - NPCs have their own conversations. It's basic but very effective.

The good section isn't more crowded:
    - Pickpocketing is pleasant (despite the randomness and the save/load routine.)
    - NPCs give geographical indications. Again, it's basic but agreeable. It makes for a promising future.

Let's adequately put the average in the middle section:
    - The world is vast, but pretty much empty and lifeless.Travelling is not dangerous like in other games. Villages have no charm and no soul. Ruins are nice the first time, until you realise it's all about cut n' paste. And then... there are loading screens between zones.
    - Automatic travel. I can't put it in the bad section since I'm not forced to use it, but it does remove the thrill of being lost and alone in the wilderness. Every other game does the teleportation thing much better by requiring an activation.
    - Touch 1 apple and every other object around will jump and roll. This would be in the bad section if the physics engine had any impact on the game.

The bad section is by far the most populated:
    - The interface is ludicrous. As the top offender, the Escape key doesn't close windows. It doesn't affect the GUI and instead brings forth the game menu.
    - Quick Load isn't directly accessible when the game is paused. Oh, you do have the possibility to load... by calling the menu, but the quick key doesn't function and is specifically programmed to tell you that you can't quick load. Now rate that level of ridiculous on a scale of 0 to 10.
    - You can improve your skills in game by keeping a key pressed. Just wow.
    - There is no AI. What. So. E. Ver.
    - The map is tiny and virtually useless. No enlargement, no zoom, no markers, no common sense...
    - The bartering system is inane. It is also advantageous to sell your 250 arrows 1 by 1. I'm not kidding.
    - You have to play a childish mini-game before each NPC interaction to make sure you'll get all dialogue options and the best bargains. I'm still not kidding.
    - Everybody is the same. No, not kidding. Apart from their race, everybody has a similar ugly face, has a similar boring long name that won't stick, and speaks with 1 out of 3 or 4 voices. I can't identify anyone. Absolutely nobody is memorable.
    - Everything is randomised. Therefore, every action calls for a save/try/reload routine.
    - Seriously, even picking up a plant or a mushroom is randomised and can fail, who knows why. As a bonus if you will, a picked up plant doesn't disappear. That's how good the visual clues are.

Don't think I'm done yet. Now comes the section of the truly pathetic:
    - Behold the worst lock-picking system of all times. Here, playing a thief is an ordeal. Or a deal-breaker.
    - There are no fences to sell your stolen goods to, therefore there is no point in thieving. I'm slightly exaggerating, since you'll have access to fences if you go to the one place in the so-called immense world to do the one thing that will connect you with the so ever-present, so American, and so absurd concept of a thieves guild, but I would argue that this forced path makes it even worse.
    - Level scaling. I think that's what it's called. It's the retarded notion that the world improves every time you improve, so as to remove any sense of immersion, emotion, strategy, accomplishment, fun, motivation, and whatnot.
    - Somehow in the same vein, here is yet another example of how dreadfully the game is designed: Improving your alchemy adds negative effects to your ingredients. As a corollary, a poisonous plant will kill you when ingested, but only if you know it's poisonous, otherwise it is harmless. For the last time, I am not kidding.
  20. Oct 17, 2015
    Due to the amount of time I've spent with the Elder Scrolls series, I feel I have to write something even if I should mostly repeat what I have written about Morrowind: The atmosphere of this game is fantastic in that it lets you explore foreign worlds in a rather purist interpretation of the modern RPG genre (although much more mainstream than Morrowind). There are a lot of surprisesDue to the amount of time I've spent with the Elder Scrolls series, I feel I have to write something even if I should mostly repeat what I have written about Morrowind: The atmosphere of this game is fantastic in that it lets you explore foreign worlds in a rather purist interpretation of the modern RPG genre (although much more mainstream than Morrowind). There are a lot of surprises waiting, a fantastic soundtrack, stellar lighting, atmosphere everywhere. Also, the game design is a little bit rough. Quirky quests, to say the least. Actually, I like that.
    My biggest contra: The levelling enemies (staying close to the player's strength) are a feature that kills immersion. The Gothic series and the "Nehrim" mod for Oblivion (both from Germany) show how serious enemies create suspense naturally, because the fear of being killed encourages precautions, and thus a much deeper involvement in the fantasy world. But, like with the quick travelling mechanism, Oblivion designers chose to play it safe - and it's not a complete game breaker.
    But there is also the big problem with the whole technology. For example, an uncomfortable interface not worthy of a title of that scale (although much improved from Morrowind). To refine the experience and make the game even more beautiful, to add new quests or entire worlds, or just to redefine the game mechanics, modding capabilities and a vivid community have resulted in tons of mods available - leaving almost no wish impossible. - But be warned: Frustration ahead. If you want to master the art of adding several mods, it's unavoidable to learn how to use multiple 3rd party tools in order to make that work. And it won't always. I cannot go into the details, but many a developer's career started modding Oblivion (or trying to). Alas, the technology behind Oblivion is not very satisfying. The whole data structure seems like a relic of an inferior choice from the past, and there are inconsistencies within the engine - a strong argument against modding such a game.
    Oblivion looks very good, but it is not a healthy game tech-wise. I can recommend it without hesitation, but I also want to urge the developers to continue the Elder Scrolls franchise from a more stable framework. (no luck in Skyrim yet)
  21. Jul 16, 2015
    Don't compare this game to Skyrim. It's unique, especially for the time it was released. Magnificent world, great storyline, absolutely fantastic soundtrack: this game has it all.
  22. Jul 10, 2015
    Definitely one of the greatest games ever made.
    Many Elder Scrolls fans hate this game because it is less hardcore than Morrowind pretty much just because it has a map marker but if you really hate the map marker switch to a different quest or something or get a mod to turn it off.
    Definitely one of the greatest games ever made.
    If you have only played Skyrim and not played any other Elder Scrolls games you should definitely play oblivion as most of the quests and quest lines are much better than Skyrim's quests and quest lines.
  23. May 27, 2015
    A technical improvement from Morrowind but a downgrade in playability with the system of "use an ability to level it", that keeps us doing things we don't wanted, for example, to improve Athletics we were jumping all the time instead of run or walk... fortunately all failures can be fixed and improved with mods. Thanks Bethesda for the TES Construction Set to improve beyond standards.
  24. Mar 26, 2015
    Although I really enjoy Morrowind and Skyrim, I can't seem to get into this one. Art design is bland. Everything seems like a mediocre fairy tale. Interface and controls (or character reaction) are less clean and direct than previously mentioned games. It's big and for the time it had impressive visuals. Story and quests however cannot keep my attention. I always get bored and never feelAlthough I really enjoy Morrowind and Skyrim, I can't seem to get into this one. Art design is bland. Everything seems like a mediocre fairy tale. Interface and controls (or character reaction) are less clean and direct than previously mentioned games. It's big and for the time it had impressive visuals. Story and quests however cannot keep my attention. I always get bored and never feel like I want to keep playing this one. Expand
  25. Feb 16, 2015
    This game is most likely the greatest game I've ever played. I put many hours and lots of my computer's storage into beating this game. Music, Graphics, Quests, Character Creation: all the best of its time. I tell all my friends to play it.
  26. Feb 6, 2015
    The prime example why the next-gen was the biggest mistake in human entertainment history by lowering video games to lower and lower masses.
    Technically it was and especially still is a catastrophe (good luck running it on 64 bit), it really looked bad when it came out in 2006. It was mostly the lie, promising features that were not implemented (the bump mapping was only in the starting cell, now run the hype machine!).
    Level scalling basically ruined this game gameplay wise.
    The writing and world design was non existant. It's was just some **** put randomely in the world without any thought of reason. It was designed as a marketing product to promote Xbox and sell to masses expecting an easy, dumbed down ride in a disney land they can "enjoy".
  27. Dec 28, 2014
    Objectively, I score this game a solid 6 due to its many unavoidable annoyances. It would score at 7 if the annoyances were eliminated but it is nothing like its predecessor and not as good as its successor. Oblivion had a lot of hype during development. We were promised all star voice acting, real intelligent AI behavior, and a larger landmass... well, it turns out that they were all halfObjectively, I score this game a solid 6 due to its many unavoidable annoyances. It would score at 7 if the annoyances were eliminated but it is nothing like its predecessor and not as good as its successor. Oblivion had a lot of hype during development. We were promised all star voice acting, real intelligent AI behavior, and a larger landmass... well, it turns out that they were all half truths and half lies.

There was all star voice acting but it was very limited to a hand full of characters. Everyone else was annoying as hell with repetitive comments and inappropriate tones that drove me mad 10 hours into the game. How many times did we run into a young girl with the voice of a raspy women on her death bed? Or an old man with a high pitch youngster voice? Voices were reused and assigned to characters randomly resulting in very strange combination which actually distracted from the game and immersion.

Intelligent AI behavior? Jobs and economy? Yea right. This was a pure lie. AI behavior was all scripted and none of it was intelligent by any stretch of the word. AI did not have real jobs, they just followed a scripted schedule to open at x hour and close at y hour. At z hour they ate and w hour they slept. It was lame. It was not intelligent. It was no different than any other game made as far back as the NES. How unintelligent was the AI? Well, you could kill a guard next to another guard while sneaking, and the living guard will not care. He will make a comment about a dead person and even if you uncover yourself he will just stand there. You could even drag the dead guard in front of him and he will not care. Same with any other AI controlled character in the game (not just guards). At the same time, god help you if someone in a city sees you stealing because all hell will break loose and every guard in the entire city will instantly know you are a criminal and they will all come after you at once. Lame lame lame lame. This became a major problem sometimes because unless you use the PC console commands, it could break your game permanently. AI my backside.

Larger landmass they tell us... well, the landmass was "larger" but it was mostly just the same damn environment copy and pasted over and over. The entire place looked the same. Morrowind had character and even Skyrim has some character but Oblivion was just plain and boring. It was the same no matter where you went and even ruins were just copy/pasted over and over (albeit Morrowind suffered from the same issue when it came to ruins). Bottom line, they may not have lied, but it was not as impressive as they wanted us to believe.

Aside from the annoyances above, there were a few more problems.

Level scaling... although this happens in a lot of games, in Oblivion is was not done well at all. The same enemy you faced at level will have 10x as many hit points when you are level 10 and they will look exactly the same and spawn in the same places. It killed immersion greatly because combat became mundane and unnecessarily long due to how many hip points each goblin, demon, or animal had as you leveled. The problem is that damage did not increase at the same pace as hit points so it made the player feel weaker. In Oblivion, you are much more powerful at level 5 than you are at level 20 and it killed any feeling of progression normally associated with RPG's. It clearly was not tested enough. They use similar systems in Morrowind and Skyrim but it was much better balanced. On top of that, unique weapons gained from god quests also level scaled... yes you read that right. If you do a quest at low level, you get a weak version of the rewarded weapon! And the weapon does not gain power as you level so it becomes obsolete almost instantly since they are all worse than enchanted weapons anyway. How lame is that.

Next, enchanting, spell making and itemization were all "streamlined" which we all know means dumbed down for consoles and low IQ players. Everything was strictly controlled gone was a lot of the fun we had in Morrowind like levitating around the world to explore. You can still enchant powerful stuff but it was also made much easier almost to the point that it felt unearned whereas in Morriwind it felt awesome when you were able to trap a soul and enchant even the most basic of things. In Oblivion it was very easy and felt like cheating from the get go.

Bottom line, a good game but it is no Morrowind. Too many annoyances keep it from being great but still it is better than most games you find on the shelf. It still is a fun open world game with plenty to do albeit without the sense of satisfaction associated with many RPG's.
  28. Dec 16, 2014
    Fun, a great variety of dungeons, caves towns etc to explore, some of the guild missions are fantastic, there's a lot of variety. I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim and Oblivion is just more fun than the other 2, I enjoyed the dungeon crawling more and there seemed to be more other-worldy realms. No keyboard problems, not a 'bad port' in any way at all. The only criticism I mightFun, a great variety of dungeons, caves towns etc to explore, some of the guild missions are fantastic, there's a lot of variety. I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim and Oblivion is just more fun than the other 2, I enjoyed the dungeon crawling more and there seemed to be more other-worldy realms. No keyboard problems, not a 'bad port' in any way at all. The only criticism I might have is that my character became invincible, but that could be fixed with mods though. There are a huge amount of mods of all kinds. Expand
  29. Dec 6, 2014
    Enemies progression is broken, this is not right for RPG game because you may get feeling that you are punished for leveling rather feel like have benefits from it. And worst is that you can level pretty fast, am explored nearby locations around starting point and after make one circle I was already boss with super armor and weapon. After that all enemies around become pretty nasty and amEnemies progression is broken, this is not right for RPG game because you may get feeling that you are punished for leveling rather feel like have benefits from it. And worst is that you can level pretty fast, am explored nearby locations around starting point and after make one circle I was already boss with super armor and weapon. After that all enemies around become pretty nasty and am feel like nobody again, some weak looking monster kills me LOL Am made epic battle with some rat !!! And treasures probably don't match to your level so it look epic and ridiculous at one time. Also my problem was with locations where at beginning I though they are stunning beautiful after while they become repetitive, in this parts Skyrim is much better game. Play Gothic 3 its much better game in many parts in long distance. At very beginning am love Oblivion but now am at point where don't even want to complete it and am realized that Gothic 3 have all what is missing in it. So in fact am would rather complete G3 than continue this game. Its basically good game and may be enjoyable for few days but for long play its very bad it going downhill all the time to point where become unplayable. Its pretty ridiculous that I want to play it again and try to avoid leveling to have better chances complete it on level 1 LOL as RPG its terrible how they test it? Was its tested anyway? And on what are based scores on first hour play? In my opinion this game is broken to point of unplayable because you will never get advance, you never change anything for better all you do work against you LOL Am already have epic equipment and don't see any whatsoever advance from it. Only one good point is sneak + bow but after monster see you it may be pretty frustrating battle because boss are everywhere even some stupid road thief with full glass armor etc it look crazy! More you play then more you see that stuff. My initial score was really 10/10 but it drop to zero and that is final score. Its just bad game for long play. Expand
  30. Nov 12, 2014
    This is my least favorite Elder Scrolls game. I find it somewhat boring and repetitive, with no significant improvements to the series.

It's a good game, but its got nothing on Skyrim, and frankly I enjoyed Morrowwind more.
  31. Dec 25, 2012
    The worst of all Elder Scrolls games. Badly designed boring world compared to morrowind or skyrim and an absolute broken level scale system made this game almost uplayable to me. I spent weeks to get a propper mod to get rid of the level scaling, but the mods crippled the game even more. It's unbelievable how Bethesda could release such a mess. For all fans of Skyrim who search anotherThe worst of all Elder Scrolls games. Badly designed boring world compared to morrowind or skyrim and an absolute broken level scale system made this game almost uplayable to me. I spent weeks to get a propper mod to get rid of the level scaling, but the mods crippled the game even more. It's unbelievable how Bethesda could release such a mess. For all fans of Skyrim who search another great elder scrolls expirience: simpyl grab the Morrowind Game Of The Year edition. It's Astronomic Units ahead of this broken moneymaker release called oblivion. Still a better game than most modern titles though. Collapse

1. It’s just so damned big. That’s what you’ll say after playing Oblivion for more than an hour. Or, for that matter, 50 hours.
  2. Oblivion is by far the closest I have come to playing D&D Sunday afternoons with my friends (yes, I did that, though I’m on medication now), all wrapped up in a stunning package with tens of thousands of lines of spoken dialog and good music.
    I honestly have to say that I am in favour of most of the changes and I think Oblivion is an awesome achievement from Bethesda.